7.9

1. Aug 22, 2013
    Single player was okay, I played through it a few times; however, the multiplayer is amazing, if you get a good team together the strategy the game requires to win just makes it so much fun. Even being on the losing team is fun as you struggle to defend your base. If that's not for you, Renegade was easily modifiable and you could blow all sorts of time into changing the game play. In all I love the game, and I still play it even now. Expand
  2. May 24, 2011
    Even if it gets boring to do the same thing in every level of the campaign the multiplayer is unmatched.
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    Absolutely, mindblowingly amazing.
    People generally complain about bugs. there aren't any bugs which make the game in any way unplayable, so they are fine.
    Single player? The AI is absolutely stupid, i admit. But this game's single player is probably one of my most enjoyable single player experiences. It deserves a lot more praise than the call of duty campaigns in the least.

Multiplayer? Sheer epicness. It's like you're playing out an rts game from an fps perspective, and you can be any unit you want amongst the usual 30+ people in the servers. It requires a lot of teamwork, and the satisfaction you get when you finally blow up the enemy base is exhilarating.
    I wish there had been a renegade 2! was really looking forward to it!
    Also, the multiplayer community if still very active, for anyone who's wondering :)

1. While Westwood got the big things right, they could have done better on the little things that us gardcore gamers pick up on. [May 2002, p.57]
  2. Imagine a long-time Trekkie's glee at being given the opportunity to walk around the original 60s set with the cast; Renegade is the virtual equivalent for the C&C fan.
  3. If there is a drawback to the game it lies in that the AI is not overly strong. Considering that the enemy is engaged in a firefight of enormous proportions, running straight into a gun, or standing immobile with backs to the approaching shooter seems a little ridiculous.