8.0

1. AlexS.
    Sep 20, 2006
    This game made me realize the greatness of Command & Conquer AND the FPS genre. I love the game so much and I can't wait for a Renegade 2!
  2. Aug 22, 2013
    Single player was okay, I played through it a few times; however, the multiplayer is amazing, if you get a good team together the strategy the game requires to win just makes it so much fun. Even being on the losing team is fun as you struggle to defend your base. If that's not for you, Renegade was easily modifiable and you could blow all sorts of time into changing the game play. In allSingle player was okay, I played through it a few times; however, the multiplayer is amazing, if you get a good team together the strategy the game requires to win just makes it so much fun. Even being on the losing team is fun as you struggle to defend your base. If that's not for you, Renegade was easily modifiable and you could blow all sorts of time into changing the game play. In all I love the game, and I still play it even now. Expand
  3. x3ll0s
    Jun 4, 2005
    I am the master of multiplayer, you cannot deafeat me!
  4. T.TBA
    May 21, 2006
    Although the single-player missions suck, with ridiculously stuipid AI bots, the multiplayer is really fun. You can try to win for your team, drive around in a tank, snipe, defend your base, etc. This variety of gameplay makes this game the best I have played. Buy it for the multiplayer.
  5. AnsonG.
    Aug 13, 2006
    This game is nothing like i thought it would be. This game for one, has a LOT of bugs. Luckily i download this game, i didnt buy it. When i played this game was total letdown. The training is completely worthless. Enemy A.I bots is absolutely horrible. These guys was stupid as king kong. After i finished a single player, there is no storyline, lame....u could go on to play multiplayer, This game is nothing like i thought it would be. This game for one, has a LOT of bugs. Luckily i download this game, i didnt buy it. When i played this game was total letdown. The training is completely worthless. Enemy A.I bots is absolutely horrible. These guys was stupid as king kong. After i finished a single player, there is no storyline, lame....u could go on to play multiplayer, which i will talk a little more postively about. U can easily just join any clan, leave a clan, search rankings. Very cool. U have all your buildings and basically your goal is to destroy their base. Sounds easy? Well its not. Virtually the only way to navigate the map at all is with a tank, or a humvee, or something of that sort. The maps are just too big! This quickly becomes vehicle combat and not deathmatch. It really falls flat and totally extinguishes any replay value. Could of been a lot more, a lot btter. Im ashamed this game. Expand
  6. RiddlerX
    Jul 2, 2002
    Sucks Sucks Sucks, and what a rip off, an idea taken from Battlezone 2, wich is far better, here u can build structures, command your troops, etc etc.
  7. Kev
    Mar 20, 2004
    Great multiplayer ... its such a shame it never really got off the ground. I found there was no real strong multyplayer community, for example, no one used the chat rooms, the 40-people-servers were the chat rooms, which dissapointed me. Game servers like game spy arcade and msn gaming zone force a chat room habitat before any games can be played, which built up strong multyplayer Great multiplayer ... its such a shame it never really got off the ground. I found there was no real strong multyplayer community, for example, no one used the chat rooms, the 40-people-servers were the chat rooms, which dissapointed me. Game servers like game spy arcade and msn gaming zone force a chat room habitat before any games can be played, which built up strong multyplayer community which in turn created clans...and there weren't enough clans in this game either. Expand
  8. DarrenM.
    Jan 7, 2004
    This game has dissapointing single player mode BUT the multiplayer is GREAT! :) (words won't explain just buy it and play it then you'll see)
  9. MarkH.
    Mar 1, 2002
    I don't like this game that much, but the packaging appeals to younger and older, so the package is right now sitting on my mantel-piece.
  10. RogS.
    Mar 17, 2002
    The graphics are beauiful. While the A.I is not the greatest it makes up for it in other areas. Player contol is one of the easiest to master that I have seen. Don't have to push a million buttons just to launch a grenade...Decent game.
  11. RichardH.
    Jun 10, 2002
    I love the command and Conquer games and it was astonishing to get an eye-level view of the battlefield. The multiplayer is the best I have ever seen. The one flaw is the single player. To put it in one word------ IT SUCKS!!!
  12. DungenKeeper
    May 20, 2003
    I struggled a lot & look for cheats but thay did not work so i completed it the game with no cheats and got perfet results n the end with help from f6.
  13. AdamM.
    May 10, 2006
    Nice multiplayer! Graphics were behind its time, but it's still a fun game. I enjoyed it for Months! If you are a C&C fan, this game is for you.
  14. JamesB.
    Mar 11, 2002
    This game is awesome!! I love it!!!! There is nothing bad about this game. Thanks Westwood for bringing out a awesome game. All those people that say this game is bad have no idea what they are talking about.
  15. BradyC.
    Jul 9, 2002
    RiddlerX how the hell can u say that its based on Comand & Conquer from 1995 also known as Tieberian Dawn C&C also Blizards Warcraft where some of the very first Real Time Strategy how can u say its a ripoff of another game i mean Westwood thought it up way ago so seriously Suck It.
  16. Scott
    Apr 13, 2003
    For a C&C fan like myself this game is brilliant. You get to play a RTS from a FPS perspective! Of course I am talking about the multiplayer piece. Single player was cool but the multi play is just great. Lot's of strategy and teamwork is critical unless you are playing with a bunch of noobs. Only thing I can say bad about it is laggy game play. I have broadband and all my other For a C&C fan like myself this game is brilliant. You get to play a RTS from a FPS perspective! Of course I am talking about the multiplayer piece. Single player was cool but the multi play is just great. Lot's of strategy and teamwork is critical unless you are playing with a bunch of noobs. Only thing I can say bad about it is laggy game play. I have broadband and all my other multiplayer games rarely lag. Other than that this is my favorite multiplayer game ever. Expand
  17. JoshB.
    Aug 15, 2004
    Awesome game.
  18. Michael
    May 1, 2006
    The game is great i love it!!!!!
  19. May 24, 2011
    Even if it gets boring to do the same thing in every level of the campaign the multiplayer is unmatched.
  20. Dec 27, 2011
    It was ok. Single player is shorter and features a very poor map that gets you lost all the time. Multiplayer was a ton of fun though and very addicting. Almost more then a few bugs and glitches. Overall it was multiplayer that saved its game and gave us a decent experiance overall.
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    Graphics were good enough but dated. Gameplay was alot of fun. Driving the vehicles was fun too, and not difficult. Plenty of weapon variety, like any Doom/Quake type game, to allow for different preferences. Not a short game, but also not long enough. Fun to play through and not unrealistically hard. It's replayability for me stems from the feel of it being part of the C & C environment.Graphics were good enough but dated. Gameplay was alot of fun. Driving the vehicles was fun too, and not difficult. Plenty of weapon variety, like any Doom/Quake type game, to allow for different preferences. Not a short game, but also not long enough. Fun to play through and not unrealistically hard. It's replayability for me stems from the feel of it being part of the C & C environment. A few bugs, like spending long periods searching for that last opponent on the map though. That bug did actually make it frustrating enough to take away from the game. However, always fun to install it again, and run thru it. Love that it definiitely has the C & C feel to it as well. Expand
  22. Aug 6, 2012
    Renegade is very much a 'go in guns blazing' FPS, rather than one that rewards stealth, strategy, or teamwork--at least in singleplayer. The campaign is enjoyable and has an ok storyline, but really shines in that you really feel like you're playing as a commando in a big game of C&C. The big-scale assault and city infiltration missions are definitely more fun that those in variousRenegade is very much a 'go in guns blazing' FPS, rather than one that rewards stealth, strategy, or teamwork--at least in singleplayer. The campaign is enjoyable and has an ok storyline, but really shines in that you really feel like you're playing as a commando in a big game of C&C. The big-scale assault and city infiltration missions are definitely more fun that those in various bunkers, research labs, etc. but overall it's well worth playing. The multiplier is where the game really shines, since it adds strategy elements via the bases and vehicles, and rewards those who use teamwork rather than just shooting everything in sight. Collapse
  23. Oct 17, 2013
    One of the best games of 2002. And perhaps the best in the series Command & Conquer. Superbly realized the idea of turning real-time strategy into first-person shooter.
  24. Mar 11, 2014
    Absolutely, mindblowingly amazing.
    People generally complain about bugs. there aren't any bugs which make the game in any way unplayable, so they are fine.
    Single player? The AI is absolutely stupid, i admit. But this game's single player is probably one of my most enjoyable single player experiences. It deserves a lot more praise than the call of duty campaigns in the least.
    Absolutely, mindblowingly amazing.
    Multiplayer? Sheer epicness. It's like you're playing out an rts game from an fps perspective, and you can be any unit you want amongst the usual 30+ people in the servers. It requires a lot of teamwork, and the satisfaction you get when you finally blow up the enemy base is exhilarating.
    I wish there had been a renegade 2! was really looking forward to it!
    Also, the multiplayer community if still very active, for anyone who's wondering :)
  25. Aug 6, 2012

1. While Westwood got the big things right, they could have done better on the little things that us gardcore gamers pick up on. [May 2002, p.57]
  2. Imagine a long-time Trekkie's glee at being given the opportunity to walk around the original 60s set with the cast; Renegade is the virtual equivalent for the C&C fan.
  3. If there is a drawback to the game it lies in that the AI is not overly strong. Considering that the enemy is engaged in a firefight of enormous proportions, running straight into a gun, or standing immobile with backs to the approaching shooter seems a little ridiculous.