Command & Conquer PC

8.9

1. TonyB.
    Sep 13, 2007
    Command & Conquer is truly the definition of what a RTS game should be. Not only that, it still is the pinnacle the RTS genre and started one of the greatest series of games in gaming history. I remember getting this game way back in 97 and playing it for hours. Even my dad played a lot too. It took me forever to beat the game because of how much you have to strategize to beat each Command & Conquer is truly the definition of what a RTS game should be. Not only that, it still is the pinnacle the RTS genre and started one of the greatest series of games in gaming history. I remember getting this game way back in 97 and playing it for hours. Even my dad played a lot too. It took me forever to beat the game because of how much you have to strategize to beat each mission; sending your units at the most opportune time, sending the right units, organizing your units to optimize their potential, all in the midst of fending off the enemy and gaining ground. Most importantly, the story is amazing. Full-motion Videos really set this game off to. I can still vividly remember the briefing for the final GDI mission; the general is distraught, clearly tired, and generally pissed off. It really made the game just that more realistic. Is and always will be one my all-time favorite games EVER! Expand
  2. Oct 4, 2010
    Wow, this game was incredible back in 1995 when I was a sophomore in college. My friends and I were in awe even with its DOS talking installer. The game was rad. Sure, there were bugs, multiplayer were iffy, etc.
  3. May 30, 2012
    An absolute classic. I've played every C&C game and expansion ever made and the first one still does it for me every time. They perfectly stuck the balance between camp and serious strategy without going over the line on either. It's pure fun. Death to Kane!
  4. May 16, 2013
    Command & Conquer is a great real time strategy game that revolutionized all RTS. It's set in stone countless games that we hear & play today. It does have it's issues as any game that was in development in that time. The AI is almost non-existent. The storyline however was immensely creative and leaved you wanting to play more. If your looking for a old RTSer, this game is for you!
  5. Jun 11, 2013
    Cruel, merciless and untamed. That's how C&C started the RTS genre. This game--- sorry, I'll fix that, this LEGEND, made me scream harsh words so much, it unsettled the folks at home every time I played it. It was ruthless and tore apart players, who didn't think, very quickly. Ahh, the nostalgia of painful pleasure. Peace through power!
  6. Aug 30, 2012
    The nostalgic feeling I get form thinking about this RTS trend setter for so many games. Made me start getting into the genre I will never leave. Just epic.
  7. Nov 16, 2012
    Command & Conquer was a beast in the RTS genre at the time of its release. It took the best parts of Dune 2: the battle for arrakis and made it better. Not only was the music great the story line and graphics were too. This game was a big improvement on previous RTS games and i am sure games like Starcraft, TA, and Dark Reign took a lot from this game. This is the game that started the cncCommand & Conquer was a beast in the RTS genre at the time of its release. It took the best parts of Dune 2: the battle for arrakis and made it better. Not only was the music great the story line and graphics were too. This game was a big improvement on previous RTS games and i am sure games like Starcraft, TA, and Dark Reign took a lot from this game. This is the game that started the cnc series Nod vs GDI it did not disappoint at the time and it still doesn't, one of the best. Expand
  8. Dec 7, 2012
    When I saw this in the metacritic top rated games of all time, I felt a wave of nostalgia. I remember spending hours on this game. Of course it did help that I was really into the army and action/military movies at the time so this helped to sate my great thirst for such media and experiences. The story was also quite ridiculous but interesting and cool. Father of all current RTS games, IWhen I saw this in the metacritic top rated games of all time, I felt a wave of nostalgia. I remember spending hours on this game. Of course it did help that I was really into the army and action/military movies at the time so this helped to sate my great thirst for such media and experiences. The story was also quite ridiculous but interesting and cool. Father of all current RTS games, I would hazard to say. While subsequent iterations (and there are a lot of them) have been hits and misses, I do remember and highly praise the original C&C. Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    Even now an enjoyable and fun RTS game with an interesting story, and great units. Command and conquer has some of the best aspects of what an RTS game should have and I find is a lot more fun than the command and conquers of today's time. The best thing about this game is that it required you a lot more to think about the mission and instead of striking straight on, you had to think moreEven now an enjoyable and fun RTS game with an interesting story, and great units. Command and conquer has some of the best aspects of what an RTS game should have and I find is a lot more fun than the command and conquers of today's time. The best thing about this game is that it required you a lot more to think about the mission and instead of striking straight on, you had to think more tactically unlike today's command and conquers where you seem to build a base build an army and destroy the enemy. All in all a great game that I would buy even today. Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    Es ist ein sehr tolles Spiel das jeder Strategiespielfan gespielt haben muss. Man darf natürlich nicht die Grafik mit modernen Spielen vergleichen aber das Gameplay ist immer noch aktuell obwohl es schon sehr alt ist.
  11. Feb 29, 2012
    ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL REAL TIME STRATEGY GAMES OF ALL TIME. C&C, that's all i have to say. this game, after DUNE II and before Starcraft, got the RTS genre into motion. it got people hooked to RTS games, and gaming in general. I only say this because it is 2012 but, for it time C&C was mind blowing, and a boost to the gaming community, and people who have never played any gamesONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL REAL TIME STRATEGY GAMES OF ALL TIME. C&C, that's all i have to say. this game, after DUNE II and before Starcraft, got the RTS genre into motion. it got people hooked to RTS games, and gaming in general. I only say this because it is 2012 but, for it time C&C was mind blowing, and a boost to the gaming community, and people who have never played any games before. 10/10 -one of the most original, and influential real time strategy games of all time. Expand
  12. Feb 4, 2013
    Arguably one of the classic games of all time, definitely for the RTS genre. This game had it all, two FMV-driven plots where you could play as the conventional, UN-backed Global Defense Initiative (GDI) or the radical terrorist group, the Brotherhood of Nod. Pounding your enemy with near-future weapons to the rocking soundtrack by Frank Klepacki is a memorable highlight of this game. TheArguably one of the classic games of all time, definitely for the RTS genre. This game had it all, two FMV-driven plots where you could play as the conventional, UN-backed Global Defense Initiative (GDI) or the radical terrorist group, the Brotherhood of Nod. Pounding your enemy with near-future weapons to the rocking soundtrack by Frank Klepacki is a memorable highlight of this game. The ability to choose your starting position each time you attacked a new territory and primitive multiplayer also ensured the game had good replay for its time. Expand
  13. Aug 1, 2012
    This was the first computer game I ever bought and I was totally memorized with it--so it definitely has a special place in my heart. Judging it by the standards of its time, this game was revolutionary. While its gameplay and graphics feel very antiquated by today's standards (over 15 years later), it still boasts an amazing and memorable soundtrack and an interesting storyline whichThis was the first computer game I ever bought and I was totally memorized with it--so it definitely has a special place in my heart. Judging it by the standards of its time, this game was revolutionary. While its gameplay and graphics feel very antiquated by today's standards (over 15 years later), it still boasts an amazing and memorable soundtrack and an interesting storyline which introduces one of the most badass villains in video game history. Now that this game is available as freeware with unofficial patches to get it running on modern computers, there's no excuse for not playing this classic game. Collapse
  14. Sep 26, 2013
    The game that changed RTS games forever. For the time, the graphics were great and the gameplay fantastic. Granted, at the time I did think it was just a polished up version of Dune 2, but a damn fine one.

Overall:
    While it is dated by today's standards, this is one of those games that deserves respect and has earned its seat in gaming history.
  15. Sep 28, 2013
    Best game of my life for sure I wonder if it will ever be made a remake for Android or Windows, just like the original, where resource gathering is the fun of the game, as the combat. thats it best game ever
  16. Jul 2, 2014
    I loved this game, bought every flavour which ever came to Mac! Never played multiplayer, but played the strategies over and over, eventually mastered the art of creating my own maps.
  17. Aug 18, 2014
    This Game is the BEST Strategie Game EVER *-*
    I Have this Game 1995 on the Playstation (1) every holy **** day and this is so funny atombomb cheat and and and xD
  18. Krajws
    Sep 7, 2005
    I've simply fallen in love...
  19. Aug 5, 2011
    Being released in 1995, it obviously doesn't hold up as well as it could. But at the time, this game was awesome. If you're a fan of games of that era and you can stomach the troublesome interface, then check out C&C1.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    Awesome game to kick off the hugely popular RTS series.

Still 1 of the best games in the series,if a little outdated now.
    Has great units,great maps and great dialogue.
  21. Nov 17, 2010
    It was an awesome game when I first played this game
  22. Slaphappy
    Aug 4, 2005
    A great game and one of the first great rts
  23. Mr.Orange
    Nov 7, 2007
    Before there was Starcraft, before there was total annihilation, there was C&C.
  24. Taz
    Dec 30, 2006
    The first and only C&C game as far as I'm concerned. Command & Conquer is the pinnacle of Strategy Gaming, forever to be remembered as the best of the best.
  25. Jan
    Dec 9, 2006
    This game was just mindblowing when it was released in 1995. Every single part of this Game 2 steps ahead of its competitors, units, mission briefings, the legendary soundtrack the overall coolness. The demo alone made us sit in front of the PC for like two weeks in the middle of the summer. Clear 10 out of 10.
  26. FreddieT.
    Jul 13, 2006
    I first played this game with my m8 wen i was 5. I thougght it was great.
  27. Yadgiri
    Aug 22, 2006
    A classic that has made so many people fall inlove with the genre.
  28. RobW.
    Nov 10, 2003
    Great Game! Follow-on are even better.
  29. JohnnyAce
    Dec 15, 2003
    Boring!
  30. HaicoG.
    Mar 29, 2004
    The best real-time strategy game I've ever seen.
  31. JohnR.
    Nov 16, 2005
    The best game ever. There will never be another like it.
  32. AndrewC.
    Apr 12, 2006
    I first played the demo of this game when I was 11 years old. My very first, and most memorable RTS experience. The C&C series never saw anything quite as groundbreaking and entertaining as its first.
  33. JohnG.
    Jun 28, 2006
    this is the first RTS i ever played and i found it very enjoyable.
  34. Dave
    Nov 15, 2004
    Although the game came out in 1995, which would explain it's heavily outdated graphics, it still remains my favorite RTS game, i believe that this is also one of the earliest games to include videos with good actors. i definently recommend this game to everyone along with all the other C&C games.
  35. Sep 30, 2010
    C&C is the original gamers RTS. This game has great music and had excellent graphics for its day as well as an interesting story. this game is the model for today's strategy games.
  36. Philter
    Jan 16, 2006
    The gameplay was great, the weapons concepts; Mammoth tank, oblisk of light, orca etc. were ingenious. The well scripted, entertaining mission briefings and other movies were the icing on a very nice cake.
  37. PARANOiA
    Feb 4, 2007
    I got this game when I was 8 years old, and didn't put it down for a few years. Though its hard to run on my PC now, I still manage... I still remember everything from when I was younger. I have 3 copies now, I lost one of them, bought one at goodwill, and then got another for Preordering C&C 3!
    May 29, 2007
    An all-time classic, and the real start of the real-time strategy genre. The storyline remains fascinating as well, even after a full decade.
  39. J.Smit
    Jul 28, 2004
    This game, where the game command & conquer renegade is based on, is one of the best games i have ever seen! i bought an toolset along with it, and i can make maps, with a little hassle, this game is short in graphics for ths time, but certainly still strategically one of the best ones! its a pity westwood changed a lot when they released tiberiun sun, it was suposed to be the same game,This game, where the game command & conquer renegade is based on, is one of the best games i have ever seen! i bought an toolset along with it, and i can make maps, with a little hassle, this game is short in graphics for ths time, but certainly still strategically one of the best ones! its a pity westwood changed a lot when they released tiberiun sun, it was suposed to be the same game, but they changed everything too much, the general concept was lost too, which is a pity. Expand
  40. PeterW.
    Jan 26, 2007
    I think this is a good game I have C&C Decade and even thoght I like C&C Generals I still think this is good, it is a shame there is no online muiliplayer.
  41. CharlesJ.
    Feb 14, 2008
    Fantastic game, the beginning of an era, to be sure. I keep coming back to command and conquer just to hear that commando strut his stuff again and again!
  42. Jan 1, 2012
    Back in 95 there were very few good RTS games.
    C&C was not only good but new and special in its way.
    Its well flowing gameplay combined with its awesome soundtrack and cutscenes created a good atmosphere that made the game very enjoyable to play and to re-play.
  43. May 23, 2015
    One of the key RTS games in history. Nice soundtrack, creative missions and cutscenes with acting so cheesy it's great. It has some shortcomings, but that is expected from mid-90s game.
  44. Aug 1, 2012

1. If you like strategy gaming, get Command & Conquer. [Nov 1995, p.108]
  2. An awesome game, and exceptional fun. If you're a fan of "Dune II" or "Warcraft" then this one will be a winner.
  3. Playing the entire conflict in the role of the other side makes for twice the gameplay value, and I don't even want to think about what's going to happen when the six-player networkable version comes out. Highly, highly recommended.