7.5

1. Nov 10, 2011
    As far as RTS games go, this is one of the best series I have played. So much so, that I have adopted my online alias to Beret in honor of the Green Beret. This is not a mindless run and gun, this requires strategical thinking and skill. Kind of like a 2.5 Splinter Cell from the WWII era. The graphics are gorgeous for the time this was made and plot, though cliche, is nicely done. There is not any character development which isn't surprising. However, this is still one of my favorite games to date. Collapse
  2. Nov 3, 2011
    I've spent five hours, and I still haven't got this game down. Too much micromanaging, but not enough hotkeys or ease of access to do so. Still, when I've gotten something to work, it's very rewarding, such as using a gas grenade to put some enemies to sleep as I go in and tie them up. Silently taking out guards one by one (using a pack of cigarretes on the ground and a piano wire from behind, hehe) is another high point. Still, I've not beat one level yet.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but after 5 hours, I'm simply treading water in this game, not enjoying myself.
  3. Oct 6, 2011
    I've been playing the Commando series since they first came out and they keep getting better and better. The cut scenes are worth the effort. I can't wait for the next one to come out.
  4. Feb 5, 2014
    Ah WTF, Commandos is a miracle in my life, all of them! I could not imagine my childhood without the opening song of beyond the call of duty and the voice of green beret saying 'roger that" "COPY THAT"
  5. Nov 10, 2011

1. But this game is too difficult. Hell, we got frustrated by the tutorial. Not a good sign. By far the biggest problem is that you'll be fighting the camera controls as much as the Nazis.
  2. The game's high level of challenge can lead to some proportionally satisfying victories against all odds.
  3. With varied missions, nice visuals, and an awesome musical score Commandos 3 is a game you very much want to enjoy, but in the end there are too many issues to keep you from fully feeling satisfied.