1. ErnstR.
    Jun 8, 2007
    A quirky, mixed bag. Sometimes excellent and thoroughly absorbing, sometimes implausible. However, the game has a charm all its own. The biggest failure is the rubbishy enemy AI. I loved the stylish graphics...felt authentically 1940's. Not the very best of the genre...but not the worse, either.
  2. WayneB.
    Apr 13, 2006
    not a dynamic or as graphicly challenging as some of the lastest ww2 fps yet has a charm of its own. Methodical, enjoyable and not too taxing - a nice change and a welcome edition to the current crop of WW2 games.
  3. Jan 31, 2014
    This is very interesting stealth shooter for its time, but it is very even Inters play now as a new generation of gamers, and old old school along with battlefild office and call Duty
  4. Apr 1, 2015
    Not that bad. Especially on Commando difficulty. Give it a try. Yes, it's more like COD or Medal of Honor, BUT it still have interesting missions, witout endless shooting and explousions.
  5. RaqR.
    Apr 17, 2006
    I like to play this games
  6. Oct 27, 2013
    Yeah, this is from back in the day when everyone though everything had to be first person... Thank god we've moved on from that idea back to allowing a myriad of genres to exist. It's not awful, it's just not great.
  7. Nov 26, 2012
    Not great...nowhere near great but overall the game is mildly entertaining. The mechanics of the game offer an endless supply of brainless A.I. bots if you do not move fast enough. Story driven, it can be a fast paced game that is often unforgiving. Not the best title in the Commandos series by far.
  8. Bonzo3671
    Jan 5, 2007
    Very disappointing - having followed the rest of the Commandos series. This is the "new" Pyros lame duck, it's their Star Wars: Episode I, if you like. Some nice touches but with so many better immersive WWII FPS out there to compete with why did they dump a very successful formula for this 2nd rate effort?
  9. Phoenix
    Apr 24, 2006
    Pyro sure have totally ruined down the Commandos series. Where's the old spirit?
  10. GeodottoD.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Just so people know. The two people responsible for the best of the series of Commandos, are no longer in Pyro, maybe that's the reason why the old spirit doesn't live anymore in this new game. The went to set up another company, Arvirago Technologies and they'll be soon releasing a new game "Lord of the creatures".

1. PC Format
    A silent and deadly change from the usual WW2 percussion. Refreshing. [Mar 2006, p.98]
  2. There have been several crucial moments that made me laugh out loud, and others that made me feel a sense of cerebral accomplishment - feelings that are all-too rare when playing an FPS.
  3. games(TM)
    The game is so immensely frustrating and linear that moments of fun are few and far between. [Apr 2006, p.124]