Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 27, 2013
    ok relic guys you should carefully check your sources (books, novels etc) before using them in your games. try using more than one source next time, ok? this is called cross-checking of facts. and when you screw up please don't pretend its ok, don't say you did a huge work of digging through sources and your picture is very accurate. no it is not. all you did is read exactly 1 (one)ok relic guys you should carefully check your sources (books, novels etc) before using them in your games. try using more than one source next time, ok? this is called cross-checking of facts. and when you screw up please don't pretend its ok, don't say you did a huge work of digging through sources and your picture is very accurate. no it is not. all you did is read exactly 1 (one) fictional novel and transferred it into storyline. cheap lies. sorry i gave you my money, wish i could get a refund. Expand
  2. Jul 27, 2013
    This game presents history as written by Nazis literally. The "story" it tells was told by Goebbels in 1943. You'd think they'll give some light to Allies' side of the story but no, Russians in this game act exactly as described by Nazi propaganda.
  3. Jul 27, 2013
    At the beginning this should be a game about Space Marines and Imperial Guard. With burning civilians corrupted by Chaos. But something went wrong and half of the content was converted to WWII It was really urgent because it is the only explanation about the storyline and, well, the name "Lev Abramovich Isakovich". Otherwise it was something really stronger than weed.
    I do not know what
    I do not know what was the reason for this "Warhammer-WWII" remake but it certainly can not justify the spit on the blood of heroes.
  4. Jul 27, 2013
    Congratulations, Relic. All our russian neonazis, all scholars, who thinks that saying something like "veterans are suckers" is great trolling, gives the mark "10" to your game. That people hates the Soviet Union and Russia, and they have epic butthurt about our victory in Great Patriotic War. And they are like this game.

Great, Relic.
  5. Jul 27, 2013
    This game has a good engine and game-play, but its storyline is usual deceitful antirussian propaganda. We have been watching this antirussian propaganda since 80-s first PC-games. This is the information war...
  6. Jul 27, 2013
    Story is pure lie. Yet another Anti-russian lie and propaganda. Nazi-supporters crap. Not worth a 1c. There are many much more realistic games.
    Recommended only for nazi
  7. Jul 27, 2013
    Discrimination of Russians is the same discrimination, as discrimination of any other race or nation! Please, do not support it! We have to stop Russophobia in Video games!!!
  8. Jul 28, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.
  9. Jul 28, 2013
    A storyline straight from the 60s. Russian barbarians killing their own citizens, blowing up their own soldiers and executing their officers. Blood frenzy and killing spree so fierce that you start to wonder how these mindless savages destroyed the world's most advanced and experienced army the Wehrmacht. As I immersed deeper in the game I felt a disgust so deep I stopped following theA storyline straight from the 60s. Russian barbarians killing their own citizens, blowing up their own soldiers and executing their officers. Blood frenzy and killing spree so fierce that you start to wonder how these mindless savages destroyed the world's most advanced and experienced army the Wehrmacht. As I immersed deeper in the game I felt a disgust so deep I stopped following the plot. If you think "it's just a game, the plot doesn't matter", think again. How come that the script directly follows all the allegations of Dr. Goebbels against the Red Army? Maybe there's something wrong with that? Expand
  10. Jul 28, 2013
    Absolutely incompetent history consultant. The game plot was probably written by Goebbels himself, or his distant relatives who tried to visualise the alternative universe where he isn't to blame for the genocide of the Russian In a game written by such people you will find such interesting features as:
    Burning houses with your own citizens for no apparent reasons
    Shooting your
    Burning houses with your own citizens for no apparent reasons
    Shooting your souldiers for no apparent reasons
    Even more shooting your own soldiers for no apparent reasons.
    Vodka, shapka ushanka and balalayka.

I mean nazi sympatyzers who would like to see a fairy tale where all of their evil deeds are (for no apparent reason) being done by the victims themselves should feel comfortable with this game. People who know something more than "the rescuing of private ryan" and "enemy at the game" of WWII history, will probably puke from seeing this bullcrap.

As it was already suggested, I offer Relic to put in such "historic" features in the DLC of this game:
    • Stalin eating children. Not less than a hundred per day. Only Russian children. Detailed Including detailed cut-scenes and special DLC for psh-psh sayers with a possibility to play for Stalin himself.
    • Hitler liberating jews all around the world and fighting the arabs in africa to create their jewish state.
    • Russian commanders shooting all of their subordinates even BEFORE the battle starts, thus earning additional "rape points" so they could drink the blood of their comrades and rape hundreds of german women while the Nazi SS watch the one man army doing that, crying from moral trauma and not shooting.
    • 15 to 20 million of Slavic non-combatants died on the Nazi occupied land from psychological trauma of being liberated by the true democracy.
  11. Jul 28, 2013
    Horrible warping of facts and an insult to each and every descendant or relative of those 19.000.000 civilians and 11.000.000 Soviet soldiers fallen in the War.
  12. Jul 28, 2013
    The game does not correspond to historical facts. The writers of the game described some pseudo-historical universe (you can tell an alternate universe). In the course of a single company constantly felt worship of CoH2 creators before the Nazis and Nazism.
  13. Jul 27, 2013
    God, this gaem is just horridle. I canot stand the situations of the story.
    i was buying the game and at the store. then i come home and sat on on my computer.
    i just was holding a hammer in left wrist and sickle in right wehn the mission starts. after the I saw Stalina eating a children in the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I canot believe such a gaem can be of making and selling
    God, this gaem is just horridle. I canot stand the situations of the story.
    I canot believe such a gaem can be of making and selling to people!!!
    this is a total really lie to my grandpa friends with stalin and stalin did not eat children even when because germany had 11 summers old kids in cannons to shoot to "BAD" communist .

Too, the game also is hating the motherland tank that Liberated germany of nazists AND TRUE POWER TO RUSSAI

i wanting now to get money for this this game Men of Company 2
  14. Jul 23, 2013
    Excuse me, are you serious? Contribution to the victory of the Soviet Union undeniable, so you can not just throw mud story. Even if it is someone else's.
  15. Jul 23, 2013
    I have one piece of advice for developers Learn the history before creating such a****! Otherwise, menacing and terrible Ivan-destroyer will come and you will be punished!
  16. Jul 23, 2013
    Just spit in the soul. Thanks Relic

Я, Relic Героях.
    "ибо его."(Матф.16:24-28)
  17. Jul 27, 2013
    This game shows russians as savage murderers and history of WW2 in distorted Goebbels way. Such racist and pro-nazi propaganda could be done only anti-russian, anti-historic creatures who never ever read or watch true war documents or documental movies. Those Relic game makers will regret in their deeds, i'm sure of it. Goodbye Relic no more games from you.
  18. Jul 24, 2013
    Terrible game. It has nothing looking like real historical facts.Everything is lie! Creator of this game must be burnt in the hell. And their friend Hitler will be their neighbour.
  19. Jul 24, 2013
    Unfortunately, despite good visuals and somewhat engaging multiplayer, the single player campaign is something I did not expect from Relic. As a fan of history I just cannot advise buying this game. Looks like scriptwriters education is based on cold-war propaganda and not on any serious historical research.
  20. Jul 24, 2013
    It's a shame to make such a scenario. Those stamps just based on Nazi propoganda. Stalin is a russian Hitler, he ate thousands of infants by himself.
    I can not understand how they won the war and save us from Nazies, if the evil Soviet Union shot of all the Soviet soldiers.
  21. Jul 25, 2013
    The plot is a propagandistic anti-Russian lie. It would be quite suitable for West teens, taking into account western "beautiful" educational school system, but it's so rude, that even these teens may suspect that something is wrong.
  22. Jul 25, 2013
    The anti-Soviet and anti-Russian propaganda. The Nazis have to be happy with this game.
    Why are they called the game "Сompany of Heroes"? It should have been called "Сompany of Lies."
    You should be ashamed, Relic. You are humiliated and insulted the army that saved their country and liberated Europe from Nazism. The Nazis would have cooked soap out of your directors in a concentration camp if the Red Army did not come to Berlin.
  23. Jul 25, 2013
    Good graphic, good gameplay, but, history a complete lie. Scenario an illogical, senseless and merciless. A lot of fictional, and a lot of it does not match. Scenarist teach history!
  24. Jul 25, 2013
    What was it?
    Sincere error or a deliberate lie?
    Very sad. In the style of the Cold War. Even worse.

"This Nazi game made by Nazis." Or fools. For the Nazis, or fools.
  25. Jul 25, 2013
    false, untrue game. The only judgment that it deserves it's zero, because in this game, nothing other than the historical names. Sorry for my bad Search result used a translator
  26. Jul 25, 2013
    The Apotheosis of idiocy and stupid cliche that try to pass off as a real historical event. Was this game developed descendants of the Nazis, who thus try to change the perception of history?
  27. Jul 25, 2013
    I agree, CoH2 was made by J. Goebbels fans. It has incorrect or rather twisted portrayal of the Soviet Army and NKVD, multiple pseudo-historical stereotypes and inaccuracies. Russians were shown as barbarians, who did not want to protect their homeland and killed more of their own people than the enemy. What a bull****.

I can say that in Russia every family has had a relative who lost

I can say that in Russia every family has had a relative who lost his life during WWII. Not a single family was left without a sacrifice. This game is an insult to memory of those heroes. Shame on you, Relic.

I hope the game will be banned in CIS.
  28. Jul 26, 2013
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  29. Jul 26, 2013
    Goebbels propaganda sad triple facepalm. Just watched a review and definitely never going to pay for that.

Why, Relic? Why?! You were such a good dev once..
  30. Jul 26, 2013
    This game distorts people's perceptions of World War II. Such a shame, Relic. I hope this is your last game, because making such nonsense it's just ignominy.
  31. Jul 26, 2013
    Game is not really about WWII, it's another story about how EVIL the Soviet Union was. Nazis there are barely even mentioned. The storyline is all about what monsters russians were (are?).
    The game itself sucks. Gameplay hasn't changed since the first part of series no changes, improvements at all (what for people will BUY it anyway, right?) Graphics are not that impressive at all, considering system requirements which really crazy (I mean not what's written on the box, but what game actually needs to run smoothly).
    Waste of money.
  32. Jul 26, 2013
    I am sorry about my bad English.
    Boring gameplay, awesome graphic for srategy genre, but lies from single player campaign unacceptable for any educated people. I cant play this game, after second mission i removed that from my PC.
  33. Jul 27, 2013
    This is a very bad game. The developers, writers and producers of this game are morons. If you like a lie, slander, brainwash play this game. Hitler and Goebbels just love to play it.
  34. Jul 27, 2013
    I was totally disappointed after watching the story in the single player campaign. The title "Company of Heroes" made me think that the story is about heroes which I believe my ancestors were. However, they were pictured as people I can't be proud of and can't follow their examples at all. No more words. I try to be polite.
  35. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is not just looks like it is one ot those games which are meant to mess up your brains and history knowledge, or just kill them both. Even in Germany there are a lot of prohibitions on everything that relates to fascism because they don`t want to remember horrible things which they did to France, Russia and even their own country. And here in canada in less then a century we seeThis game is not just looks like it is one ot those games which are meant to mess up your brains and history knowledge, or just kill them both. Even in Germany there are a lot of prohibitions on everything that relates to fascism because they don`t want to remember horrible things which they did to France, Russia and even their own country. And here in canada in less then a century we see a Hitler`s best fans, stupid enough to quote Goebbels. Which trying to persuade us, that it was Russian soldiers who set houses with alive people on fire instead of recruiting them or I don`t know, just letting them run away and support army in other ways. So it was not great perfect race of fascists who burn Russian people alive when they were out of jews, make sense? Who burn all cities and killed all people on the way of german army? Sure it was Russians, germans just smelled flowers and watch rainbows on their way.

Unfortunately I cannot evaluate gameplay better because this game in highly unstable and crushes or freezes too often and without interesting tactical missions or story I don`t see any reason to beat this dead horse.

As for nazi relic I haven`t seen such disrespect for my country from anything or anyone sane for a long time. My own grandfather fought in this war and returned home with a dent from a fragment of a shell and blind dead eye, but never I heard from him or any other veterans who actually participated in real combat of this war anything like this crap you call "historical facts".

I will make sure to stay away from your future titles and keep away my friends and acquaintance, and yes, we are those people who pays for games we play (even though there are a lot of ways to get them for free). I also inform everyone I can about your attitude toward my country.

And don`t be confused it is not a hate letter. It is despise letter.
  36. Jul 27, 2013
    Sorry for my bad English The game is disgusting. I think that the developers of the Nazis because they RESPECT Germans more than the country defeated Nazism ie the USSR ("certain countries" only pretended that helped to open a second front when he was not needed) All in all the game was terribly false and deceitful it in all that regards the Soviet Union
  37. Jul 27, 2013
    Its Funny how Westerners think they know our History better than us. Am not denying that some of this things did happened on Eastern Front, but to make it seem that it all it was is Idiotic. I am very disappointed with this game. I paid money for anti-russian propaganda. Also stop saying "well its the truth" its not, its the truth of YOUR government and its not Universal. Damn kids.....
  38. Jul 27, 2013
    Propaganda of fascism is not allowed.
    I am deeply sorry that this once respected studio creates games to defame the story of a great people and a great country.
    Justify the creation of such games means to maintain a lie and justify fascism.
  39. Jul 27, 2013
    Relic you are a company of nazi. But for the next game i have some ideas for you:
    1) Show how Stalin eats german children.
    2) Hitler with gebbels free a prisoners of Dahau from Soviet Union killers.
    3) Mission with Soviet Soldiers rape german woman.
    4) Soviet soldiers immune to cold wheather
    5) Killing own soldiers gives +100 to damage for nearby units.
    6) Where is Vodka and russian bears?
  40. Jul 27, 2013
    I thought it's impossible to make more anti-historic and russophobic thing than the notorious movie "Enemy at the Gate". I was wrong. The creators of Company of Heroes 2 went way beyond thas.
  41. Jul 27, 2013
    Disgusting russophobic piece of code. "Red Alert" is more historically accurate. Authors don't know anything about Russia or USSR rather than usual Cold War BritishAmerican propaganda cliches: "Russians are man-eating bloodthirsty no-brained orcs and they are always bad". And this is another piece of such russophobic propaganda. I hope, demonic Cossacks and bear cavalry will be added inDisgusting russophobic piece of code. "Red Alert" is more historically accurate. Authors don't know anything about Russia or USSR rather than usual Cold War BritishAmerican propaganda cliches: "Russians are man-eating bloodthirsty no-brained orcs and they are always bad". And this is another piece of such russophobic propaganda. I hope, demonic Cossacks and bear cavalry will be added in the next patch, cause the game isn't realistic enough without them. Expand
  42. Jul 28, 2013
    Another russophobic fantasy based on another russophobic fantasies based on yet another russophobic fantasies based on Goebbels. Know your roots, Relic.
  43. Jul 28, 2013
    The first part of the game about the heroes on the alien land. The second part of the game about coward russian on his country!!!!! How they win????!!
  44. Jul 29, 2013
    Plot, probably written by a Joseph Gebbels himself, or his most loyal fans, which also makes no sense and is dumber than anything you've ever seen before. Outdated mechanics, nothing new. Game made canadian nazis. Don't buy, don't even download this piece of...
  45. Jul 25, 2013
    The authors insult the memory of the heroes of war.The authors insult the memory of the heroes of war. Expand
  46. Aug 3, 2013
    I doubt that developers of this piece of know nothing about history. They do.

So, they are making propaganda very similar to Nazis propaganda. May be with similar intentions?
  47. Jul 23, 2013
    Continuation of the best leaders were rare dermom.Pro single from the Nazis, and I will not write, others have written here. As for multiplayer it is sooo crude, I do not see any difference from the beta (other than adding the God contrary singla.Goret developers in hell for this
  48. Jul 23, 2013
    Tomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let theTomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let the families of these freaks are burning in hell. You can also note the prehistoric period hideous graphics, animation disgusting. The Soviet Union fiction perfect country, but he was no worse than the dastardly European countries, France and England. And certainly no worse than cowardly and stupid America. Takchto do not try to even pick up this sad Not sponsored fascism and racism in the modern world. Peace, prosperity and good to all. Expand
  49. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is an insult to me as a Russian man.
    The authors did not study history or just idiots.
    I was not able to play this vomit.
    I want to get my money back, they do not deserve them.
  50. Jul 23, 2013
    This is concentrated frustration of authors that get the defensive squad behind their backs to infromation attack to soviet union.

Probably, authors are the zombie sexuals.
  51. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game offends me, my family and loved ones!
    I demand to stop sales and of the penalty a fine on the company!!!!!!!!!
  52. Jul 23, 2013
    Most importantly, this game's plot involves the complex matter as the USSR history in the WW2. One does not simply get a random 'parahistory' book and write a story that sells in millions of copies. The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting.
    Here in CIS we do believe that WWII was won by the Allies, who do represent the best of human qualities like bravery, cunning, self-sacrificial courage and honesty. The game developers see the best of the USSR as instantly evil thing. It's not like that at all.

Second reason is to protect the young people from that propaganda. Every person should think for itself, but it's difficult to do when you're a teenager. In the CIS countries you CAN buy a box game even if you DO NOT hit the necessary age. So the only way to solve a problem is through you.

And the last reason is to make the game developers listen to the voice of sanity. If you do accept our call, them Relics will think twice before releasing a game with THAT kind of plot.
  53. Jul 24, 2013
    I'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes ofI'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes of mongols in backs if they would not attack, executing those who would attack before they used their whistles, he even made surgery to some of the wounded, that saved their lives, he helped thousands of victims of Bolsheviks who managed to escape from their penal troops, making them new faces and documents, transplanted extermites to those who had 4 or less so they could live.
    Bolsheviks killed everyone, they closed people in houses and burned them alive inside, it was Stalins order as we know now, I even saw this order in museum of WW2 in Toronto. As we know now Stalin was the pure evil, he not only killed 200 million in his own country, but ordered to execute all germans. Nobody survived in territories occupied by Bolsheviks, my grandfather managed to escape from his private clinic where Bolsheviks locked him up with polish partisans who were shot in backs during Warsaw rebellion and whom he tried to help. Only him managed to survive and escape to the west, to territory liberated by our democratic friends, who listened to his story and helped him hide from Bolsheviks. Later, as he said, all territories that were occupied by Bolsheviks were settled by OGPU agents, disguised as germans, so he told me to beware of eastern germans, if I decide to go to Berlin.
    I'm very grateful for finally it is time for the truth even in games, it is sad that game has Mature rating, for every kid should know about heroism of people like my grandfather who fought together with American friends against bolshevism and genocide it brought. Please contact me for more info about my grandfather if you want to make a game about him!
    10 out of 10!
  54. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
  55. Jul 25, 2013
    Why do we let canada be a country? xD Cool story, Relic.
    I wish I could rate this with negative score.
    I hope there is a separate cauldron in hell for developers of this "game".
    Cauldron of Hell 2. kekeke
  56. Jul 29, 2013
    bad bad bad bad game based on fictional book collection of liberal, american ang nazi myths. do not buy, do not support developers, avoid at all costs
  57. Jul 29, 2013
    Goebbels endorses this game! Relic able to accurately reproduce his speeches. Bravo! On the official forum of the game all the questions about the inaccuracies in the singleplayer ignored by them. Members of the former Soviet Union block by IP-address.
  58. Jul 30, 2013
    As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.

Many will say, "It's just a game, do not treat it so seriously!" And they would be right, if the game was named, for example, "Scum on the war," but the game is called "Company of Heroes 2" Company of HEROES, and represents USSR and Joseph Stalin's policy and events which allegedly took place in Soviet Union during the World War II. If a game of such "quality" was made ​​by historical events that took place in Canada, the U.S., Britain or any other "civilized" country, it would have risen a great scandal, but in this case we see the score of 80 and good reviews. Looks stupid and ugly.

If Relic has ever had an image, then after CoH2 release, it's hopelessly and permanently trashed to the ground and below. Shame on you.
  59. Aug 1, 2013
    All that is new in this game scenario (compared with the previous part). And script Nazi ****.
    If you are a Nazi, hate Russia and all the countries of Eastern Europe this game is made for you.
  60. Aug 1, 2013
    It was a good game, I really enjoyed all previous parts. But this? No history, no tactics, no gameplay. Just "Doctor Zhivago" old crap. According to campaign scenario, Russians had no chance to win the war, all missions are completely illogical. Multiplayer is unbalanced, graphics is old. Complete loss of money.
  61. Aug 1, 2013
    my grandfather cry, if he see you awful history.There is nothing more frustrating that you have done. If you are so you can see our country, our heroes, you are stupid and illiterate people. And no you do not give the right to deface the memory of our heroes and our country.dont buy this game
  62. Jul 29, 2013
    Russian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet anotherRussian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet another cheesy anti-Russian crap, it's something way worse. What's next, COH3 showing Jews mass murdering innocent nazis in death camps? I'm sure developer's nazi granddads would love that. Expand
  63. Jul 29, 2013
    This is not a game but an anti-russian nazi propaganda, don't either buy it or download it. The point of releasing this is to brainwash people who don't know anything about history, to make them think that this pice of lie is a real thing.
    P.S.:That's really sad that nowadays younger generation is too lazy to think for their own instead they like to accept any kind of information that media is giving out (that's the aim of goebbels and relic)
  64. Jul 23, 2013
    Having fun gameplay. this game possesses an awful story. Script writers collected most of the dirty myths about war and turned the story into an ideological rubbish. Goebbels would have been pleased.
  65. Jul 28, 2013
    Singleplayer campain in this game is full of stereotypes about russians and USSR, and have nothing to do with real history. It's insulting, the theme of the Great Patriotic War is sacred to all the peoples of the former Soviet Union, and not only for them.
  66. Jul 24, 2013
    Bugs, crashes, price in steam are you joke??? Anti-Russian games. Relic and Sega faithful followers of Goebbels. Read what historian David Glantz, perhaps the foremost authority on the Russo-German writing about myths and realities of WW2, not comics
  67. Jul 25, 2013
    The grandfather of the author was a SS-man? Game sick imaginations of the real nazi. Hitler and Goebbels are proud Relik!
    I don't advise to buy this stuff.
  68. Jul 26, 2013
    illogical, anti-historical, delusional piece of This story based on Gebbels's diary, he applauds you from hell, Relict. And special thanx to "1C softclub", you bastards.
  69. Jul 25, 2013
    I am from Ukraine. Occasionally i saw walk through from some single player missions, after that i was read about "true history of WW2, shown in game".
    I think that people just never saw any documents about WW2.

Fairy tale about Bear with balalaika in soviet troops much more close to truth, than stupid lie about burned houses with civilians, killed by Red Army
  70. Jul 24, 2013
    First of all, I'd like to tell that i adore Relic games a lot. I'm used to be a Warhammer 40k fan back there in school. I've fallen in love woth CoH1 came out. And I've really thought the next game in the line is going to be just as great as the others were.

However, that did not happen. Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really

However, that did not happen.

Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really care for a single simple reason: CoH2 is a single product that has both multiplayer and singleplayer. And as far as it does, the multiplayer can't be judged apart from sp campaign.

Let's get some little illustration here.
    Think of an ordinary healthy man that lives his life. He's engaged in all sorts of stuff here and there, he has awesome looks and pretty epic tell-a-tale skills. That's CoH1.

Now cripple that guy! Take away the left hand from the poor thing. He's still able to perform most of the one-handed operations, right? In fact, that man can be great at doing some things.
    But he's still handicapped.

Same things are said now about the COH2.
    Multiplayer is just fine. It may be the best in the last few years, and I think many of you, folks, agree to that. It's a right hand of the guy from the illustration above.
    Singleplayer camp. has a lot of 'tight spots' that are at least questionable. It's not the stuff most people buy CoH2, but it is the certain part of a game. It's a brutally severed left hand, that for some unclear reasons holds together w/ the body of a man mentioned before.

What do I question in the sp c. myself? Let's see to it.
    1. Start the beginning the protagonist's name. What kind of nonsense is that? Lev Abramovich Isakovich is a jewish name, well, and it's impossible to believe there even WERE any jews in command in Red Army. Them jewish people weren't welcome in the USSR that time, not at freaking all!

Tell me about symbolic meanings and all, yeah. If you're talking of symbols, take a portrait of some really well-known commanders. None of them were jewish.
    Disclaimer: I'm fine w/ jew guys, I'm no nationalist or something. But in the CIS countries anti-semitism is still strong A LOT. Putting that name was a MAJOR mistake and a capital offense to the people there.
    You do call the story authentical, but it has nothing in common with the official history course in Russia. That looks really bold.

Please, give out your sources! Do it so people could see why 'the main plot of the game has to be so close to the truth'. Because if you don't the arguers consider that a fiction-based anti-russian propaganda!
    Quotes are questionable, too. Some of them are not even related to the WWII, some of them are taken out of context to complete the story gaps. Meaning of those torn quotes is changed a lot w/ context.
    The ingame battle of Stalingrad is based on stereotypical images from mass media sources, not historical ones. If you ask me, I honestly believe that it's not your fault there.
    You're not russians yourself, neither you do speak the russian language, right? So you've asked for an outside expertise that FAILED. But it was you, Relics, who made a game, not some russian so-called-historian do**s.

List of the caught nonsenses:
    Large number of soldiers don't have any weapons. That may be real for the militia, yeah, but not for the regular army. And if we're speaking ab/ militia, it's like the lack of weapons there never crossed the 15% line (for personal weapons).
    All of the soviet soldiers have pre-war rank insignia and outdated uniform. You can see the officer uniform here, and here you can get both the soldiers' and officers' uniforms.
    Ineffective soviet army tactics, leading to the inappropriate casualties. Here you go, a link on casualties that has all you could ever ask for both documents and calculations.
    The whole surrending german cutscene and all the commentaries on it. If that was taken as a symbol for what soviets did regularly, well, why there is more than 1,7 cumulative POV count on the german East?
    It look more like a lie, you know.

The 'Scorched Eart' part is well... let's put it mildly, disgusting.
    You may be not aware, put soviets never killed own civilians like that. There are NO documentary sources telling that. Not. A. Damn. One. I've looked for it for more than a week, and I've found nothing. I've asked my university teachers if that's right... They've said it's just a nonsense.

What you do show there is more like nazis did!
    You see, a large part of hatred there is because you show soviet people as monsters! That 'scorched earth' thing refers ONLY to germans, pulling off the USSR in 43/44. Wanna proof? Here you go!

And that's just a start. I've taken too much of your time already.

You may think of whatever you like when talking on WWII in Russia, you may put all your hatred towards soviet people in any way you like that's your dirty choice, Relics. But do not count that russians are going to love that bulls**t you're putting in for a plot in CoH2.

If you really do care about the people who buy your game, you'd better put a notification in the start of sp campaign like 'This story is fictional. It has nothing common with the historical reality in mentioned locations and may be utterly offensive. Do you wish to continue?'

The other way, that seems a lot better to me, is to build a different edition of CoH for CIS countries. Just remove the whole singleplayer campaign and put it to the stock on reduced price (as far as it's not the full product).

Thanks for reading, anyway. Hope that will clarify a bit the situation for both Relics and english-speaking CoH2 fans.
  71. Jul 24, 2013
    The plot is absolutely awful and disgusting. I'm shocked because of irresponsible attitude of the creators to historic facts! Sale of this product should be banned. Distortion of history in such shameless way is a crime.
  72. Jul 24, 2013
    Do not want to engage in justifying the Communists, they like the Nazis up to their elbows in blood. I speak for my generation, and for their ancestors, that they fought for those whom they love, and not for a piece of cloth and a photo. From Russia with love.
  73. Jul 26, 2013
    real crap game. The company who did it real scums. No more money for relic games.

You must to burn living inocent people by flamethrower in some missions.... damn, its real crazy crap. People who like this seriosly mad.
  74. Jul 24, 2013
    The bought critics, without knowledge of historical realities. The company that let out this simply on names has to be presented to the public for censure. Translators and people concerning to these 'to 'game" with the Russian nationality have to be condemned under article U.K. Russian Federation 281, 130, 282.
  75. Jul 24, 2013
    This game distorts history of my country
    I would not like my grandfather shed blood for our Motherland looked in the eyes of my son idiot.
    The law of the market the demand why users to impose an unwanted product?
  76. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all.
  77. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps
  78. Jul 24, 2013
  79. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely insane scenario, insulting the honor of the Soviet soldiers and the commander in chief, who gave their lives and the Soviet Union liberated Europe from fascism. Comrades NOT buy this .Belarus, Grodno. Expand
  80. Jul 24, 2013
    contra:
    - Absolutely non historical campaign, controverting with even simple logic.
    - Various attempts to defame USSR and the leading role it played in achieving victory in war against fascist Germany.
    - Non realistic characters with very strange behaviour.
    pro:
    - Awesome graphics
    - Stunning animations
    - Great level of weather realism
  81. Jul 24, 2013
    very respect Relic. I ve been playing CoH and Dow since 2006. But when playing Company of heroes 2 you get a feeling that the game is a kind of hackwork to earn money
  82. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is full of nazi propaganda, according to Joseph Goebbels works. Absolutely russophobic game, full of hate and violence to Homeland and ancestors of millions of Russians, Ukrainians, Byelorussians and many other nations of former USSR...
  83. Jul 24, 2013
    Another pathetic attempt to re-hash the worst myths of WWII. No one claims it was all rosy on the Russian side, but come on... How bout you do similar game about "evil and immoral" IDF soldiers blasting Arabs? How long would such a game last?
  84. Jul 24, 2013
    Game completely distorts the history of the WWII and offends the feelings of Russian, do you are avenge the loss in hockey 30 years ago? shame on you relic!!!
  85. Jul 24, 2013
    Game developers too fond of Nazis. The entire game is imbued with hatred for the Soviet soldiers that defeated fascism. Stalin did not like the gift rastrelivat moral monsters. Too bad he came to Canada.
  86. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a piece of anti-Soviet and anti-Russian propaganda. It insults any Russian and humiliates the memory of the fallen warriors. Wake up, guys, the Cold War ended more than 20 years ago.
  87. Jul 24, 2013
    This is not a game, it's a slap in the face. My ancestors put health, youth and life is not for seventy years later, the descendants of those for whose freedom they fought, and watered them and their slop feat.

I apologize for my English.
  88. Jul 24, 2013
    As a huge fan of the first COH and Relic's long list of AAA titles, I really expected to like this game. For all the reason others have listed, this game is monumental let down. I liken its failure to that of Diablo 3; we waited how long for this?

Pay to win day one DLC on a game I just bought for $60. Shameful single player story and gameplay. Massively imbalanced multiplayer. There is no reason anyone should buy this game. Save your cash fellow gamers.
  89. Jul 24, 2013
  90. Jul 24, 2013
    Okay, okay Games from Nazi Germany for a long time did not come out. Finally it came out, Goebbels happy. Advise developers to open at least once in life history textbook, disgusting game.
  91. Jul 24, 2013
    It seems that the story of this game came up with Dr. Goebbels himself. The developers of this game so much hate Russia and Germany love that they are ready for any lie?
  92. Jul 24, 2013
    1) Show how Stalin eats german children.
    2) Hitler with gebbels free a prisoners of Dahau from Soviet Union killers.
    3) Mission with Soviet Soldiers rape german woman.
    4) Soviet soldiers immune to cold wheather
    5) Killing own soldiers gives +100 to damage for nearby units.
    6) Where is Vodka and russian bears?
  93. Jul 24, 2013
    Political trash. Falsification of historical facts. Shame.
    =================================================================================================================
  94. Jul 24, 2013
    wow doctor Gebbles and Adolf Hitler would be so proud...anti Russian propaganda is just overflowing... I mean really... game called "Stalin against Martians" has more historical reality than this.... "game"
  95. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic, send the employees back to school to study!
    Peoples, don't spend money for this poverty!
    This creation fascist promotion!
    Relic You Relic history!
  96. Jul 25, 2013
    The worst game about WW2. Falsification of historical facts. Really Nazi propaganda game.
    ============================================================================
  97. Jul 25, 2013
    Shame on you! Hope your next game describes genocide of native americans. Don't buy this "game" .
    The campaign story is awful, I think they used the same historical adviser from the movie "Enemy at the Gates". Canadian developers put their fears into game scenario. Awful.
  98. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game makes me strong disgust, so to distort the history of the Soviet people a must try, this game is similar to a farce ordered ardent opponents of our glorious past. Don't you dare to denigrate the honour of our ancestors YOU cannot get it Expand
  99. Jul 25, 2013
    It’s absolutely intolerable to deceive the public which doesn’t know the truth with false claims and data. Deliberate deception doesn’t make honor to Relic Entertainment.

The game "Company of Heroes 2" displays necessity of omnicide of “Russian barbarians” by German invaders who killed 26 million Soviet Union citizens (which is equal to current population of Canada, where Relic headquarters for the moment). Hitler attacked Russia with the same intentions: to destroy Russian, Jews and Gypsies. In response to these aggressive attacks our multicultural country united against Hitler’s troops to rescue civil citizens, but the purpose was not to kill them as it was shown in the game. If Stalin wanted to kill as many of his people as possible he wouldn’t resist Hitler. The Germans were killing Soviet people without assistance. The aim of the Soviet people in WW II was survival, but according to the authors of the game the Russian (for unknown reasons and without displaying any logics) practiced self-destruction.

So, the game "Company of Heroes 2" justify Hitler and the Holocaust deniers. This game will grow an army of people like Anders Breivik. We have to prevent a recurrence of the violence and return to the fascist madness.
  100. Jul 25, 2013
    Developers surely know nothing about what was real WWII. It defiles the memory of all the heroic people (and especially russian ones) who gave their lives for the freedom of mankind.

1. Pelit (Finland)