• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 26, 2013
    As a CoH1 old timer, this is the biggest let down in gaming history. They missed almost everything good from coh1. Instead of a 7 years experienced starting point, they started from scratch, and the game suffers the same gimmicks, bugs, unbalance that CoH1 had on day 1, wich is totally unacceptable for a sequel. The games lacks features CoH1 had 7 years ago (lobby, chat rooms, ladder,As a CoH1 old timer, this is the biggest let down in gaming history. They missed almost everything good from coh1. Instead of a 7 years experienced starting point, they started from scratch, and the game suffers the same gimmicks, bugs, unbalance that CoH1 had on day 1, wich is totally unacceptable for a sequel. The games lacks features CoH1 had 7 years ago (lobby, chat rooms, ladder, crappy automatch, etc...). On the other hand, SEGA has the worst Community Managers ever, so the community is totally retarded. Expand
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    This game represents awfully unfair one-sided point of view on the past of my country. I feel a real offence to the memory of my grandfathers. Shame on you Relic.
  3. Jun 30, 2013
    Lack of multiplayer options you cant start automatch game with custom parameters: position on the map, and the maps itself are only random, and you can't browse for the other player's games. Custom games can be set up only against comps and your friends in steam. Too much network issues as in CoH1 sync errors, crashing and problems connecting to others players Snow maps are lagging evenLack of multiplayer options you cant start automatch game with custom parameters: position on the map, and the maps itself are only random, and you can't browse for the other player's games. Custom games can be set up only against comps and your friends in steam. Too much network issues as in CoH1 sync errors, crashing and problems connecting to others players Snow maps are lagging even on near-top pc's game is not optimized at all. For those who like to play PvP multi think twice if you want to buy it. Expand
  4. Jun 29, 2013
    On launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IVOn launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IV and never look back. Expand
  5. Jul 23, 2013
    If you care about real history don't buy it.
    Scenario of this game is trying to discredit and mix with dirt Russian history, giving the wrong idea of ​​what happened during the World War 2.
  6. Jul 3, 2013
    This game has no SLI support, And relic have confirmed it never will.

Utterly terrible performance for such a visually poor game, Do not take my word for it, Download a "demo" version and see for yourself before you part with your hard earned cash.

Utterly terrible.
  7. Jul 3, 2013
    Expected much more from this game!

The graphics are horrible and low fps problems, I see the same COH 1 with less content, expected at least teams COH 1, Afrika Korps some innovative content, but it has nothing. Regarding the price of the game is absurd. about this game, the Russians weaker than the Germans and the units cost more, I lost three T-34 tank against a panzer and so
    Expected much more from this game!

Regarding the price of the game is absurd. about this game, the Russians weaker than the Germans and the units cost more, I lost three T-34 tank against a panzer and so horrible, the game is unbalanced.

In short, do not buy.
  8. Jun 30, 2013
    Unfortunately, this game is a letdown, compared to the CoH 1. Less units, removed commander trees, less maps. And most of all uninteresting and quite political campaign, clearly anti-soviet, that shows all soviet officers as beasts, who sent soldiers to die and executed them every single day.
  9. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH. Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH 8 years ago. The exact same thing with slightly new skins and voices. Well whatever I just hope people read this and save their money. Trust me when I tell you it's not worth it.
  10. Aug 10, 2013
    Oh my god. This is worst game ever!!! Postal 3 is better! Awful gameplay, graphics, polygons and etc. Relic you untalented...I will not buy your games. Do you read history books? Many of the facts are distorted. Give me back my time and money! On that record sound? On the dictaphone? Optimization makes students, for the food?
    In general, this slag from Relic I did not expect. It is
    In general, this slag from Relic I did not expect. It is better to go to work housewives!
  11. Jun 29, 2013
    Micromanagement, twitch RTS. Too fast to enjoy. AI infantry swarms. Easy mode is too hard. Back to the original for me. Invincible AI infantry and little incentive to built advanced mechanised units. Spam infantry to win command point victory.
  12. Aug 2, 2013
    Ok, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boringOk, so game is not total ruin but compared to it's predecessor its utter crap. It's like they've completely ignored the first game and created some which consists of every flaw that coh1 had, repeats almost every aspect and presents some unnecessary mechanical "improvements" to gameplay (lets split sniper unit into two men whom are far worse shooters, that will be so fresh and has boring campaign which isn't exactly historically correct. I think the developers don't exactly like russians. Expand
  13. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    Its lies about my history. Lies and illogicality in every detail: scenario, facts, quotes everything. F*ck you relic, I wish you die.

To all who loved this game. If you really want to know history just try to ask even me on kashey665@mail.ru but dont say any lies about my forefathers who died for my and YOUR freedom. For your information: 8 of 10 nazi's divisions were destroyed

To all who loved this game.

For your information:
    8 of 10 nazi's divisions were destroyed by Red Army (I dont count Italian, Romanian, Spanish and other foreign nazi division) and only 2 of 10 was destroyed by allied forces England, USA and other.
    And... nazis destroyed 14 000 000 civilians. Not soldiers. Civilians.
  15. Jun 25, 2013
    For the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into thisFor the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into this campaign making it a chore to play through (besides that fact like some other users have pointed out I feel like the campaign is a slight bit racist towards Russians). Thirdly as you might also have guessed almost NOTHING HAS CHANGED seriously this is just ridiculous, basically what they have added is a semi-working version of true sight, weather (snow), Russians. As far as I can tell they haven't done a thing to improve the AI nor have they improved on any of the other hampering game mechanics. Really I don't see where all the work they claim has gone into this project is because as far as I can tell this is a DLC adding the Russians and little else. If your argument is if it works why change it then one they shouldn't make almost the exact same game and sell it as if it's a new release, second company of heroes has a lot of room for improvement so don't try to ruse people into believing the game was perfect. Expand
  16. Aug 1, 2013
    Relics, you HAVE TO watch this review! Maybe you'll understand why so many people call you liars and why these people are right.

17. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is aThe game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is a MASSIVE step backwards compared to CoH 1 in my honest opinion. I have played over 200 hours of the original CoH and absolutely love the Blitzkreig mod but the health that the tanks have in this game is pathetic... it must take at least 10+ Anti Tank rounds to the side or front of the tank to destroy a tank and even shots to the rear armour are not that devastating. I know that everyone has mixed opinions on the game and just by looking at all of the people giving low reviews and other people giving 10's to even out the bad scores is proof that this game is not quite the game anyone was expecting. I never really enjoyed the beta after getting an invite and having multiple times were I was disconnected from the game when I have an amazing connection and not a lot of people on my network. I guess I will just have to stick to playing the original CoH with Blitzkrieg mode and HD textures... that is 100 times better than CoH 2.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do not buy this joke of a game... the original game "Company of Heroes" is superior in EVERY way to this game.
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    Invasive drm, ACT control is being used. Also servers lag a lot on every game I play. Worse part is skirmish have to be played ONLINE what a joke, Moreover, this is a $60 game but with so few maps and day 1 dlc, jesus relic. What happened to you guys. Really disappointed with the game.
  19. Aug 5, 2013
    Freaking ugly trash from people who never learned history. Poor storyline crossed all gameplay experience. FAIL!
    Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  20. Jul 6, 2013
    I was a big fan of company of heroes 1 I played it since the begenning. I played the demo and I was very disappointed with the gameplay

For me the winter thing just breaks the flow of the gameplay. Blizzards are fun the first time but it gets repetitive the 5th time and so one. The graphics arent optimized my pc is barely running the game above 30 fps and its a gaming rig.The UI is ugly you have 1 million icons and it takes too much space on screen. The camera is too close from the units and the collision detection is still terrible.

All of the german units were just imported from coh 1 with newer textures thats just a cash-in move seriously and many cool units are missing from coh 1 like the knights cross or the assault troops...

Also the russians are a way too weak the t34 could easely smack any cheap german tank and in this game its terrible. The germans are really overpowered in this game. The infantry deals less damage than the first coh 1 and there isnt any paratroopers its just a shame.

In summary this game sucks its a recycled version of coh 1 with eastern front units. Its just a cheap cash in save your money for some real games.
  21. Jul 14, 2013
    I am a huge COH advocate but COH2 is not the same as the previous title, do not be fooled by the amazing graphics effects, art work and soundscape. The most pleasing feature of all is the Army Customizer, it offers lots of new features and additions to gameplay, many of these can be obtained through over priced DLC.

This is what ruined the game for me: No Defenses, tank traps and

This is what ruined the game for me:

No Defenses, tank traps and dragons teeth have been removed from the game.

Maps The maps are vast and greatly detailed, however they are very open and no choke points are to be found. It's a mobile fast paced game, not like before. It feels like they removed all defense from the game to encourage people to "NOT" play tactically.

Overall the game is pretty but don't buy this, the game play is awful, I wish I had my money back.
  22. Jun 30, 2013
    Even worse than company of heroes 1 Game is the same except instead of usa you have russia.
    Gameplay is still horrible Group of infantry running casually infront of MG nests and not dieing Then they just sprint away Im giving this 1 point of out of pity 50 far too much for this game Should be 5
  23. Jun 25, 2013
  24. Jul 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. coh2 is dead,took me a week to reach lv100,mostly playing comps on my own,the game has no future,unless they open up custom games to the public where anyone can play 4v4 annihilation games against other players,automatch is too fast cant develop any games,no one like vp500,they could make it vp1000,everyone likes tanks,but auto vp500 isn't designs for tanks,just fast infantry battles,the game itself is fine,just the management of it needs fixing. Expand
  25. Aug 5, 2013
    The case of Paul Joseph Goebbels is alive and well!

Are the creators of the game were hoping to skim the cream on the horror stories, whether it was easier for 8 years to release a quality game?
  26. Aug 6, 2013
    Because the entire history of blatant lie! Thereby humiliating or denomination.Foreign veterans killed in the war. The game is made by order of the United States. Themselves to play it
  27. Aug 6, 2013
    Millions of graves for a photograph. [cit. Relic]
    The game is so stupid it could have been written by a 7 years old. Please patch it if it's possible.
  28. Jun 26, 2013
    They ruined my favorite game, just like Dungeon Siege 3, they corrupted the great game to make it a 1st person shooter console feel. I am completely disappointed. I hate games like that which is why i don't have a console and only play PC strategy.

AWFUL POS version of what used to be the best game ever.
  29. Jul 10, 2013
    I started playing COH1 when the first version came out in 2006 or 2007. It was and still is my favorite RTS. I own the original. Opposing fronts, and Tails of Valor.

COH2 should have been an expansion not the train wreck of a stand alone sequel it is. Shame on you Relic for selling out to SEGA. The Sequel, COH2, is a sorry excuse for a sequel and I'm VERY disappointed with Relic

Shame on you Relic for selling out to SEGA.

The Sequel, COH2, is a sorry excuse for a sequel and I'm VERY disappointed with Relic for the game itself and the fact that the day the game was released there was $60 worth of DLC for sale on top of the high $59 cost of the game on steam. Really? You couldn't wait a week or so to try milking the game for all it's worth? The units are completely un-balanced, the maps suck and the game is glitchy. I can play a match vs PC with my eyes closed in COH 1, it took me some time to learn where the buttons are that are very similar to the original game, it seems like they just changed the UI and installed the old game over the new game then added unit navigation to the mini map (Which is the only positive thing I have to say about the game). The user interface sucks, and my PC, which is an over clocked, water cooled, high end home made gaming beast can't maintain 60fps. Is my rig the problem? Probably not. Considering how many games were ruined with #2 I'm surprised that Relic just didn't release an expansion to COH1 for the eastern front. I like the eastern front mod much better than this game and that was a terrible mod at best. Maybe the game will be better in a year or two but Sega and Relic have their work cut out for them.

I have to say thanks for letting me play for free for two weeks though. I know not to buy this game for the total of $120 you're asking for it.

Will I pay $59 for the game? NO!!!
    Will I pay $60 for all the DLC? NO!!! I'd pay about $2 for it tops.

It's on my steam wish list because I'm going to wait till steam has one of their sales where I can get every piece of DLC and the game for like $13. If it never goes on sale I just won't play it.
  30. Jul 15, 2013
    Keeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keepKeeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keep firing directly into their own cover. It ruins the gameplay if you ask me. Oh year, in one mission whilst supposedly being backet up by a friendly army group (in the campaign) the AI keeps attacking the commisar stationed at my barracks when deploying conscripts, hitting and destroying my own buildings. Makes me ask myself if they even bothered to test the game. Expand
  31. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is a direct insult to the heroes of the second world war, who sacrificed their lives for the victory. Not even worth talking about the low level of the game itself that bothers 3 hours
  32. Aug 9, 2013
    I've never written a game review before but I just wanted to say that this game is terrible. Why is it called company of heroes? It should have been called Company of cowards. This game is an offence to all heroes of WWII. WTF relic? Are you crazy? Who wrote this sh*t? Hitler???
  33. Jul 18, 2013
    There is no multiplayer balancing at all. German's are completely overpowered once they get tanks and anti infantry. Soviets have about 2 mins at the start where they have a slight edge, then it's auto win for germans.

Do not buy this game if you like multiplayer! 75% of the players take german. This gives you an idea of how overpowered they are. I mean the German have anti tank

I mean the German have anti tank missles (not bazookas) that out range a tank. Ridiculous.
  34. Jun 25, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to playThe performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  35. Jul 2, 2013
    Gameplay & graphics are good, but story is terrible and unrealistic. Tons of first-day DLC make it even worse, optimization could be better too... Campaign should be removed and remade from scratch.
  36. Jul 3, 2013
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    In AI, even being normal becomes strong and the human being who is unused to do RTS will leave this game immediately. Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased. It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased.
    It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion of the partial core user destroyed this series.
  37. Jul 2, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 does NOT present any impressive momentum as if its predecessor did at that time. Instead, the developers choose to stay docile and complacent on their faded legacy. Once did they pioneer a fresh strategy genre truly revivifying the gaming experience, but not anymore. Some players would also point out the unnecessarily complex graphics making the controls not thatCompany of Heroes 2 does NOT present any impressive momentum as if its predecessor did at that time. Instead, the developers choose to stay docile and complacent on their faded legacy. Once did they pioneer a fresh strategy genre truly revivifying the gaming experience, but not anymore. Some players would also point out the unnecessarily complex graphics making the controls not that pleasant to command/operate multiple units, and navigate the battlefields. Expand
  38. Jul 26, 2013
    Nice multiplayer active and good designed.
    CAMPAIGN IS OUTRAGEOUSLY ONE-SIDED PROPAGANDA.
    I can agree that there were facts of war crimes and cruelty, but war was won due to people heroism and Motherland love. Seems scenarists concentrated only on bad facts they read in books of cold war period.
  39. Jul 10, 2013
    just buy COH1 its better than this game poorly optimized rubbish and i don't know were these developers get of charging £40 for a pc games what a rip off joke avoided it at all cost but maybe buy it in a sale when its about £25 do yourself a favor.
  40. Jul 9, 2013
    this is an example of a company in its final collapse, not sure if sega new what they bought but THQ long gutted it, first came DOW2, then SpaceMarine and now this, I think its obvious that the original devs of COH1, DOW1 and Homeworld have long left, and now you have the remains of a once great studio and a crew of amateurs, trying to re work original work and made it worse, the gamethis is an example of a company in its final collapse, not sure if sega new what they bought but THQ long gutted it, first came DOW2, then SpaceMarine and now this, I think its obvious that the original devs of COH1, DOW1 and Homeworld have long left, and now you have the remains of a once great studio and a crew of amateurs, trying to re work original work and made it worse, the game should have just been an expansion at least you'd have the original maps and old armies. Who the hell did those cut scenes, seriously did they out source them to an animation studio in the jungle of Cambodia, comically bad animation and acting Expand
  41. Aug 6, 2013
    Full lie that humiliates Russian. Why this game is not made ​​in the first part? Let the Americans kill and burn each other. Bad and Bad history only.
  42. Jul 9, 2013
    What happened during the development? Did the developers get lazy and decide to just take the original game and change the characters? Don't turn into the strategy version of CoD. This game had so much potential, but they screwed it up, but they went "Hey here is your game, this is so good... HAHA suckers! We got your money now!"
  43. Jul 8, 2013
    I used to play company of heroes 1 a lot and it's an excellent game. Coh2 however is terrible. I played the alpha, the beta and the released version. The game play is sluggish and laggy. The game design is too plain simple and boring compared to coh1. It feels like the old panzer elite and british abilities are just randomly spread to soviet or german side and there is no innovative newI used to play company of heroes 1 a lot and it's an excellent game. Coh2 however is terrible. I played the alpha, the beta and the released version. The game play is sluggish and laggy. The game design is too plain simple and boring compared to coh1. It feels like the old panzer elite and british abilities are just randomly spread to soviet or german side and there is no innovative new features at all. Coh2 is graphic wise even inferior to coh1 and it's 6 years after the first game was published.

Now when the game is released I finally started the game and at my first automatch my opponent did disconnect even before the game started and I "lost the match". Next automatch I was put against a level 24 german. My level was 1 and I was totally roflstomp'd.

I wish I could have my money back.
  44. Jul 1, 2013
    One word: Meh.

I bought COH 1 and all the expansions and still play it today with my friends, it's an awesome game. Unfortunately, if you play COH1 you will be disappointed with the COH2 because it has even more problems that the first game. In fact they have changed things that have been done just fine and made them worse. Even worse AI than in the first game, ruined the UI, many
    One word: Meh.

Even worse AI than in the first game, ruined the UI, many units have become obsolete because of imbalances (ussr vs wehr snipers), less specialized units which means less tactics, weather makes units harder to recognize, graphics generally is not much better at all, timed blizzards break the flow of the game and are annoying, tanks don't have the same "feel" from the first game, sound is bad. These are just the things that I though of right now. COH1 will remain a better game and I sure intend to play it as long as they'll keep their servers up.
  45. Jun 26, 2013
    Bad optimization ,poor campaign ,stupid AI, minor changes from first COH.
    Very high price for this game,useless dlc with collections edition.
    On my ssd is a first game with long loading time about 30-40 sec.
  46. Jun 25, 2013
    If you were a player like me that enjoyed fighting the computer more then humans, enjoyed base building, and enjoyed capturing all the points before going for the kill, this is not the game for you....The graphics are not an improvement over the old CoH. I honestly thought that maybe all that playing on CoH online might have meant that the producers of this game would have picked some ofIf you were a player like me that enjoyed fighting the computer more then humans, enjoyed base building, and enjoyed capturing all the points before going for the kill, this is not the game for you....The graphics are not an improvement over the old CoH. I honestly thought that maybe all that playing on CoH online might have meant that the producers of this game would have picked some of the greatness and put it into this game. Unfortunately they failed. they changed the whole design of having to pick your advances within your tech tree during the game. the camera doesn't seem to go out far enough to give you a half decent view. while ive only played as germans it seems the soviet stuff kills me faster then I can kill them. The AI sucks. I was really hoping my guys would have the common sense to take cover... I feel this game was tailored to the multi-player crowd. While that can be fun at times, sometimes you just want to play the AI. the days of building a strong defensive line are over. resources build slowly and while its a nice idea that you can choose what type of supply point you want to make, the cost, speed of construction, and toughness make them less then worthwhile. I don't feel the cost of units on the German side is equal to their effectiveness. overall, ive been looking forward to this game for a few years now. Im sad to say Ill probably keep playing CoH since this game fails to feel the same. maybe if they would have kept the interface the same (or at least similar) I could trick myself into liking this game, but they didn't do that....

I want company of hero's online back... id even pay good money to play that game....
  47. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic had A+ programmers working on COH1... and B- programmers working on COH2. They main guy's who were in charge of COH1 have started their own company.... there sense of perfection is missing from this game.

This game looks like a cheap cross between COH and DOW seriously, it has an overall cartoony feel to it Shame on you Relic for making us wait 6-7 years, then serve this up as a sequel.

Overall review.... FAIL. I pre-ordered it, but after the Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta.... I don't even have the desire to install the released game !!!

Seriously the Russian buildings look like logs of poop where's the buildings seriously...

Pure Disgust
  48. Jun 25, 2013
    While it looked promising during the beta the fact that Relic didn't even bother to put in any extra Multiplayer maps proves that they too have turned and have chosen to go for the easy money rather than the support of their community.

All they basically did since the beta is add the singleplayer campaign, that is it. The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together

The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together and were generally just boring to play are the only maps we'll be able to play multiplayer on.

Multiplayer is a pretty important aspect of this game, unfortunately the thieves at Relic are too busy grubbing over money to actually give two ****

Do not purchase this game or any games by Relic, these have gone Actiblizzard and will be pushing over priced DLC our way in no time.

Want extra maps Pay for 'em!

**** you Relic.
  49. Jun 25, 2013
    Nothing new here except crashes and errors. And I can't seem to get any help for the problems. Company of Heroes was a great game. This one has better graphics and music but a lot of problems. It is a waste of money. Skip It.
  50. Jul 9, 2013
    I picture a Sega Boardroom meeting: "The game sucks and all of Relic developers left? Sell the pre-order! Screw the loyal fans and franchise!. This game blows! COH is my favorite game too. Totally uninspired maps where a mongloditic ape can win by continuously spawning more reds to attack Germans. Is it still a RTS game if no strategy required? Not releasing it would have beenI picture a Sega Boardroom meeting: "The game sucks and all of Relic developers left? Sell the pre-order! Screw the loyal fans and franchise!. This game blows! COH is my favorite game too. Totally uninspired maps where a mongloditic ape can win by continuously spawning more reds to attack Germans. Is it still a RTS game if no strategy required? Not releasing it would have been way better as this game was iconic. FU SEGA, you greedy cum-queefing felch-belchers! Expand
  51. Jun 25, 2013
    The games go has this- The Russian play their hearts out while the germans wait till they get panzers then win simple has that.
    Weather system is dumb since russiand rely on infantry so much and they still get affected by the weather putting them down for several minutes while the germans run in with their overpowered tanks.
  52. Aug 9, 2013
    Dear relic, in Company of Heroes 3+its addons the gaming community would like to see a "historically balanced" story about the heroic struggle of American troops in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't forget to put in and emphasize on napalming peaceful Vietnamese villages, carpet bombing cities, slaughtering POWs and shooting civilians from drones. I think that the game would beDear relic, in Company of Heroes 3+its addons the gaming community would like to see a "historically balanced" story about the heroic struggle of American troops in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't forget to put in and emphasize on napalming peaceful Vietnamese villages, carpet bombing cities, slaughtering POWs and shooting civilians from drones. I think that the game would be as highly accepted in the US as COH 2 is in Russia and CIS right now. Continue your effort of showing all sides of the "truth". We can open up funding for this project right away so you could come up with another sloppy sequel by 2020.

P.S. The Chinese would also love a game where they slaughter themselves during WWII and not by the Japanese occupants.
  53. Jun 28, 2013
    The game is pretty good, but has an intense amount of problems. The many betas did not solve and made severe balance issues worse. The engine is poorly coded and not optimized for Nvidia cards, and has no SLI support due to poor coding and optimization. The campaign and multiplayer are not historically accurate and are full of a lot of offensive propaganda and such. Do not buy this gameThe game is pretty good, but has an intense amount of problems. The many betas did not solve and made severe balance issues worse. The engine is poorly coded and not optimized for Nvidia cards, and has no SLI support due to poor coding and optimization. The campaign and multiplayer are not historically accurate and are full of a lot of offensive propaganda and such. Do not buy this game unless you have an extremely good gaming PC and are ready for a future pay2win. Expand
  54. Jul 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game since the open beta and I feel that I wasted my $60 on it as it just isn't fun to play. I have played many hours of automach AI games and although the other critics cry unbalanced I think the balance is fine it's just that the difference between Easy AI and Standard AI is too much. the progression from simple always defeated AI to almost impossible to beat AI has really taken the fun away. I also think the story mode was too shallow and short. I was hoping that it would be the pinnacle of the game but it seems they decided on multiplayer as the main feature and the campaign mode just an afterthought. I wish I could get my money back as I feel I wasted it. Expand
  55. Jul 9, 2013
    Keine Kaufempfehlung für Multiplayerfans! Warum? Ihr könnt euch nicht wie bei CoH1 die Maps Gegner oder den Modus wählen. Ihr bekommt zufällig eine Karte und eure Gegner und Spielt nur mit Siegmarken. Jedoch finde ich die Grafik nicht schlecht. Fazit: Singelplayer: JA Multiplay: NEIN, kauf dir lieber CoH1
  56. Jul 1, 2013
    The fact that such a major game release only received an 80 avrg. from the famously pliable gamer press is damning by faint praise enough.

However I also have to say that charging $60 for a glorified expansion pack is an insult and will damage this brand irrevocably in respectability and prestige. This team made a phenomenal game years ago that I played endlessly. Skip forward and its obvious lightening did not strike twice. Everything is either recycled or 'shudder' simplified...

I was wary but pre-purchased this game out of brand loyalty. I have learned my lesson.
  57. Jul 31, 2013
    Metacritic is BROKEN. I have just seen over 200 user reviews clearly written by the same person.
    I have no doubt that this is the case these hundreds of reviews. All taking about what a terrible war WWII was, how the writers family suffered etc. Many of them contain the exact same spelling mistake. All of them go on about "Russian suffereing" and hardly ever mention the game. Either one person using a bot to create accounts (very VERY simple) and post gazillions of reviews (very VERY simple using UBot 4.1 and some proxies). THis devalues Metacrtic and shows the arrogance of someone who thinks that their opinion in worth that of hundreds of other people and must be artificially aplified to ensure his will pervails. The sort of arrogance and method Stalin might have used if he were alive or Hitler! The game IS crap however. How on earth the magazones give it 8+ is beyond me. It's not a "0" though maybe a 3 but it is a very poor game. Terrible AI, poorly optimized, nerfed in terms of strategy from the original. Not very good at all. Just wish it could have earned this low score naturally rather then having someone so obviously force the issue with voting bots.
  58. Feb 1, 2015
    Company of heroes 2 was great online. Sadly nowadays everyone just builds blobs of units and attack blindly. The game is verry repetetive this way and the devs dont seem to care. There are a lot of suggestion on forums of how to fix this problem but nothing has been changed in the past 6 months. Cover, suppression it all doesnt really matter annymore just build a huge blob and walk rightCompany of heroes 2 was great online. Sadly nowadays everyone just builds blobs of units and attack blindly. The game is verry repetetive this way and the devs dont seem to care. There are a lot of suggestion on forums of how to fix this problem but nothing has been changed in the past 6 months. Cover, suppression it all doesnt really matter annymore just build a huge blob and walk right through the ennemies defences... Expand
  59. Dec 10, 2013
    I played COH1, a lot. This is a much shallower game which screams committee build. It needs... skins! and... snow!... and more single player! and... blizzard stop watches!... and a dozen dlc's! Too much fat, not enough game. The AI is painful and yo-yo's between ultra assassin ninja and headless chicken. Balance is still real strange. AT guns seem invulnerable to everything except flames.I played COH1, a lot. This is a much shallower game which screams committee build. It needs... skins! and... snow!... and more single player! and... blizzard stop watches!... and a dozen dlc's! Too much fat, not enough game. The AI is painful and yo-yo's between ultra assassin ninja and headless chicken. Balance is still real strange. AT guns seem invulnerable to everything except flames. Russian tanks ram everything, weird stuff. The 3 is for the fun in beta, I never expected it to get worse after beta. Glad I am only out $20 as opposed to $60+. Big miss here Relic/Sega. Expand
  60. Dec 7, 2014
    Company of Heroes Online was great, selecting a commander and unlocking special abilities to help in taking on other players made that game great. Earning enhanced abilities such as a 5% increase in a snipers range for once match made it interesting as well. Players had some sense they were earning and accomplishing something.

Company of Heroes 2 looks good but I lost my desire to play

Company of Heroes 2 looks good but I lost my desire to play it almost immediately. Playing the game seems to unlock little to nothing. The story mode really is not that interesting to keep me excited to play the next chapter.

I do not understand how obvious the disappointment is and yet the critics love this game, they either did not play the online version or they played one chapter within the new game and wrote a review based on it.

Company of Heroes Online was the best game I played from this series and it is a shame that it will never come back in the same format. We may see the online version again but it will likely not contain the same format. Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault looks to have some features of the online game but I will not spend any money to find out after shelling out so much for CoH2.
  61. Dec 27, 2014
    absolute over priced rubbish, the multi player is so out of balance its a joke.. Regardless of how cheap make it, its not worth it. And the only real DLC is a single player expension.. Not that steam tells you, they tell you it includes the original game which is a outright lie
  62. Jan 9, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing the first Company of Heroes and really enjoying it I purchased the second version expecting big things.

The first game seemed to nail the allowable zoom so that it could be played like a strategy but the second is only focused on zooming in as far as possible so you can relieve yourself to the level of detail the designers went to looking at the sky and trees and the snow falling. This makes your units more like a series of linked first person shooters stitched together in the map operating independently of each other to create an unplayable Frankenstein monster of a strategy game.

The structures seemed to look better in the first i.e. the HQ for one and the units deploy from the place where you expect as opposed to wandering on from any number of positions on the map only delaying deployment further.

Adding more playable countries sounded great but it actually made the game more confusing as allot of the options in the first were removed such as the snipers, tank traps and machine gun emplacements which were key in holding territories. This just made me more frustrated as the zoom was so far in its impossible to move your troops in a meaningful way to use them as a replacement to the original defences.

The new game map is tacky and overly colourful and the transition button is non existent in some campaign's.

I would have been more happy to have just purchase a multi-player map update for the first than to have paid money for this piece of crap which seems to have in every way possible made a beta version which pales by comparison to the first and yet I still desperately want to find a reason to like it but unfortunately I find playability to be of paramount importance and level of detail should come second in strategy games.

After finishing a couple rounds of Company of Heroes multi-player maps I find myself stupidly opening the second version and trying to play a LAN game. I cant seem to keep the second opened longer than 5 minutes before exiting to windows. I recommending un-installing the game altogether its a waste of 13 GB of HDD space. I don't think I will feel good about this game until its in the $1 bin so I can use them as an alternate to clay targets. I can promise anyone that finding creative ways of destroying the DVD will be more enjoyable than the game itself. THEY SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AFTER THE FIRST!
  63. Jan 18, 2015
    This game should not exist, it is very bad, I do not know what kind of people play this game, when I think I know one .... The graphics are bad, the sound deafening, the gameplay sucks
  64. Aug 6, 2013
    NO NO NO!!! wretched piece of im never going to trust critics again. EVER from now on i'll read user reviews and make sure i dont pick up something so rotten!
  65. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is really boring. No game play, small map, stupid AI.
    First part was much more better.
    Historical part of the game is absolutely incorrect.
  66. Aug 7, 2013
    30 million Russian died in battle for our freedom, these men fought bravely and heroically saved the world from fascism and this game insults and humiliates the heroic exploits of the Red Army the authors of where you have taken so many lies?
  67. Aug 7, 2013
    Deceitful, and a terrible game. Drunk Russian sadists kill a lot of civilians. Surprisingly, they do not play on balalaika and not eat bears and each other. Disgusting.
  68. Aug 7, 2013
    I advise to developers: "will suffice to propagandize Nazism! Game awful, only lie and imbalance. Don't buy this game never better!. I hope developers will go out of business.
  69. NIA
    Aug 6, 2013
    This game is an anti-Soviet and Russophobian character. It smears my story, my grandfathers, who saved the world from the plague of fascism. Authors of this stuff decent receivers Goebbels. It is believed they will finish about the same.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    This game is LIE!
  70. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is abominably badly coded. The graphics are only a bit improved over the original CoH, yet the system requirements for them are completely off the chart. I can run DoW2 Retribution on absolute max and I can't even meet the minimum for CoH2, what the I almost feel like Relic are making their games more demanding artificially, because it makes no sense for such cheap graphics (yesThis game is abominably badly coded. The graphics are only a bit improved over the original CoH, yet the system requirements for them are completely off the chart. I can run DoW2 Retribution on absolute max and I can't even meet the minimum for CoH2, what the I almost feel like Relic are making their games more demanding artificially, because it makes no sense for such cheap graphics (yes they are cheap compared to games like Crysis and BF3) to suck so much computing power. And if we swallow that, the game also crashes all of the time, the multiplayer sucks and the storyline is full of stereotypes. The UI is ****ing retarded. I wanna watch the battlefield, why are you cutting 20% of my screen to show me text that I don't even wanna see? What the Relic? Why are you employing all of these cheap-ass programmers? Get your together, this game ****ing sucks CoH1 and DoW1 were better by magnitudes than the pieces of you spitting today. Expand
  71. Az_
    Aug 6, 2013
    We must stop the spread of this game and hatred towards Russians, which it is anchored. The developers of this game is absolutely illiterate people blatantly distorting historical facts.
  72. Aug 7, 2013
    It is disgustingly! Worst game of 2013. Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans. Just another game about terrible russians. Why critic reviews so positive? Shame.
  73. Aug 7, 2013
    Bad and made-up scenario. The creators of the game or do not know the history, or are not able to create games based on the facts. I wish the worst sales of this game.
  74. Aug 7, 2013
    Political trash. Nothing interesting.
    Scriptwriters don't know what logic and history are it.
    Why are you creating game about if game has name like COMPANY OF HEROES? Who told you this story about USSR in WWII? Nazi Friends?
  75. Aug 12, 2013
    There are good games... There are bad ones... And there is a Company of Heroes 2 from Relic. I am really disappointed this site has no NEGATIVE rates, because that game deserves -10.
  76. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. shame on you Relic..
    I cant Understand Why you try to change the history and how can you make the Soviet Union as a bad guys... are you serious its a propaganda.. not a game.. just shame on you.. pls guys dont buy that game !
    PLS DONT BUY THAT GAME..
    its a lie I will never buy anything you make any more..
    i have all DOW and COH 1...
    shame on you..
  77. Aug 7, 2013
    Relic should be ashamed of this game!
    USSR lost more than 20000000 people in this war. Liberated half of Europe from fascism. Thanks to them because you? Falsification of history is unacceptable, even in the game. I was disappointed in you. Shame Relic!!!!!
  78. Aug 7, 2013
    Balance between USSR and Nazi Germany is very questionable. Story line is weak compare to previous games and videos look really cheap. Generals are not that different and repeat abilities of each other. I know Relick was in bad situation of collapse and transfer to sega or what ever but they had no rights to sell such an unfinished product. 1 COH MUCH MUCH more better compare to this one.Balance between USSR and Nazi Germany is very questionable. Story line is weak compare to previous games and videos look really cheap. Generals are not that different and repeat abilities of each other. I know Relick was in bad situation of collapse and transfer to sega or what ever but they had no rights to sell such an unfinished product. 1 COH MUCH MUCH more better compare to this one. Finally USSR people were heroes i dont want to see another game who makes Russians evil, at the point when they saved the world. Expand
  79. Aug 7, 2013
    Relic, please make love not war. 'Cause war is not what you do best. Or make Warhammer 40k games, it suits you better no need to know the history of the world.
  80. Aug 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good graphics, weather
    But I don't want to play game were soviet army consists of monsters that kill innocent people and burn houses with people in it or of cowards that are afraid of defending there fatherland.
    And Nazi are good!!! Bed Russians kill them. And nonsense, Germans lost only because of cold weather, not because of soviet soldiers dying for there country, parents, wifes and children
    And This games was made by Canadians!!!, not Germans or Italians, Canadians!!
    All this horrible atrocity in this game were made by Germans during WW2 and not by any other
    Who is heroes in this game? Germans???
    This world goes to hell
  81. Aug 8, 2013
    Not good games. Not normal history. Only trash. Not good games. Not normal history. Only trash. Not good games. Not normal history. Only trash. Not good games. Not normal history. Only trash.
  82. Aug 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. sick imagination of developers, boring and mediocre script. Waste of time and money. worst game about 1940+ years. I can not understand screenwriter's idea Expand
  83. Aug 15, 2013
    this is a bad game.This is the worst game. In the game there are only false, but in the game there is no truth. Should I feel ashamed played this game
  84. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Relic WTF, why you hate Russian?
    People who have not played this game see this review:
  85. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Company of Heroes 2 has outdated graphics, boring game play, slow-witted AI and bad game balance. Storyline of the game offended memories of all who fought Nazism in Europe in WWII. I think that Relic team sympathetic to the German Nazis, because they are racists. Expand
  86. Aug 8, 2013
    This game was a total waste of money. After years of anticipation, Relic did what nobody expected them to do create a total and utter mess of the balance and the gameplay. And I am not even mentioning the worst story a strategy game can ever have not only historically inaccurate, but also diminishing the sacrifices of the Soviet soldiers. For one thing, Sega & Relic, you can be sure myThis game was a total waste of money. After years of anticipation, Relic did what nobody expected them to do create a total and utter mess of the balance and the gameplay. And I am not even mentioning the worst story a strategy game can ever have not only historically inaccurate, but also diminishing the sacrifices of the Soviet soldiers. For one thing, Sega & Relic, you can be sure my money will never again be spent on games released in your collaboration. Expand
  87. Aug 7, 2013
    Not true about the second world war. Insults the memory of the victims WWII. Such a feeling that the game did the Nazis and not West. And they want money for it?
  88. Aug 7, 2013
    Relic!

What u want to what do you want to tell these?
    you consider something that you made it is normal?
    I will tell you is s**t!!!

In Company of Heroes 2 war of the USSR and Germany is shown so as if the Red Army was a gang of military criminals.

the history is sacred! especially history of winners!
    never any more I won't buy game under your edition!
  89. Aug 7, 2013
    Nothing to do with a real history. Incredible exalting the Nazis! dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike
  90. Aug 8, 2013
    game is dull fantastic story lies modest graphics. DON'T BUY IT! Save your money and common sense. Second World War is the bad theme for computer games
  91. Aug 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sh*t!
    its don't game, its very big ass of all "Relic" games!
    I just threw my money down the drain.
    Don't play in this crap!
    Never, never, never!
    Plays only in good games!
    Good luck!
  92. Aug 8, 2013
    The game shows disrespect to whom who gave lives for freedom in all world. Yes for all world because "brave" US and British troops fully joined war in the 1944 when Nazi's force were almost crushed by the Soviets.

Relic, I understand that last year you have problem with the publisher and you need to show yourself in front of SEGA, but please don't use such methods. Many american users would like to see these picture, but doesn't mean that the whole world would be agree with it, especially when its not a true.
  93. Aug 8, 2013
    This game is created by survivor nazis. Gebbels would have standing ovation. I think Relic has deserved award from the Third Reich. We're waiting for games with Gebbels "truth" about Holocoste, extermination camp and racial theory. Next time, do not forget to measure the skull parameters of your customer
  94. Aug 8, 2013
    Game have not bad strategy balance, but game's story is historical farce. I hope this score teach Relic use in games real historical facts approved documental.
  95. Aug 10, 2013
    One of the worst games I've played. Developers either idiots or promoters of anti-USSR. Spoiled Company of Heroes. For that kind of game developers should tear or head or hands.
  96. Aug 7, 2013
    Terrible game, both in terms of historical validity, and in terms of gameplay and characteristics and capabilities of the soldiers of the Soviet Army. Lies and the imbalance in every moment. Such development should not just dismiss and judge, and never allowed to make games. This is an offense to the soldiers and heroes who participated in the WW2.
  97. Aug 7, 2013
    This game distorts history of my motherland. Relic, what are you do on the history lesson? And it costs 60$? Waste of money! I never did not buy from your company!
  98. Aug 7, 2013
    I think Hitler would like this game, but my grandfather NO! I'd like to see a game about Pearl Harbor as a Japanese pilot or a casual game like angry birds where U.S. military professianaly kill their own soldiers random missiles.Canadians probably just a shame that their soldiers did not bring benefit and were more a burden for the allied forces during World War II. Developers do notI think Hitler would like this game, but my grandfather NO! I'd like to see a game about Pearl Harbor as a Japanese pilot or a casual game like angry birds where U.S. military professianaly kill their own soldiers random missiles.Canadians probably just a shame that their soldiers did not bring benefit and were more a burden for the allied forces during World War II. Developers do not touch the history of the great country if you simply do not know it. Expand
  99. Aug 7, 2013
    Total delusion, political trash, scriptwriters don't know what logic and history are it.
    Game was done by nazis. Pack of lies and slander.. Dirty, Russophobe, anti-Soviet propaganda. Never buying a single game from them ever again.
  100. Aug 8, 2013
    Best creation from Nazis. No history, no truth. Just beautiful graphics, mountains of corpses and lie lie lie ...
    Who puts it at 10? You vegetables? You are not interested the story, and the history? You only need a pretty picture? *facepalm*
  101. Jul 31, 2013