• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Aug 8, 2013
    Very unrealistic game scenario. I think that developer have very poor knowledge about history of WW2. They are in delirium.
    Also the AI is bad.
    Don't buy IT!
  2. Aug 8, 2013
    Total fiction! Relic i will never buy no one game from you. More to say: When you come in Russia or Europe many people left a tomahawk in you stupid as
  3. Aug 8, 2013
    Terrible singleplayer story. Fiction presented as facts. This is unacceptable. Political trash. Nothing interesting. DON'T BUY IT!
  4. Aug 8, 2013
    Worst game of the Great Patriotic War. Intends this has been done or not, but the game is changing historical realities reversed. The whole plot offends anyway any citizen of East Germany. In order to create a story with a claim to the "historicity" is not enough to watch a movie made ​​in Hollywood. Tom Hanks certainly a good actor, but the film is crap. And if you do a project focusingWorst game of the Great Patriotic War. Intends this has been done or not, but the game is changing historical realities reversed. The whole plot offends anyway any citizen of East Germany. In order to create a story with a claim to the "historicity" is not enough to watch a movie made ​​in Hollywood. Tom Hanks certainly a good actor, but the film is crap. And if you do a project focusing on the then get in the end something other than crap impossible.
    Next write not see the point, except to say that the relic has managed to put idiots British Crown, granted knightly sword defenders of Stalingrad, in a sign that the UK admires their courage and bravery. And the French Republic, in which almost every major city has a street or square that bears the name of Stalingrad, again, the same as the recognition of the courageous and daring defenders. You figured stupid cowards. You are sure that you slipped cowboys udder with milk?
  5. Aug 8, 2013
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
    But why to bother and read real history books? Let's just make another game about this terrible unhuman russians.
  6. Aug 16, 2013
    Tayga
    Aug 15, 2013
    this is a bad game.This is the worst game. In the game there are only false, but in the game there is no truth. Should I feel ashamed played this game
  7. Oct 16, 2013
    After 200 hours played, I'm writing this review.
    Day 1 DLC, Pay to win commanders you can only unlock with real money and only work with multiplayer, and one of the most bafflingly bad million-dollar single player campaign I've ever seen in a game, Company of Heroes 2 fails on all fronts when it easily should have soared.
    The amount of reviews that seem to skip the actual gameplay to
    After 200 hours played, I'm writing this review.

The amount of reviews that seem to skip the actual gameplay to focus on "It's a nice game" sicken me and only further prove the rampant decline of gaming journalism.
  8. Nov 4, 2013
    So i've read plenty of other reviews of this game, and its staunch defenders come across as zealots. None of them put forth any arguments as to why this game is as good as they claim it is, they just attempt to will it into being. Only one "official" reviewer got it dead right, although he did gave a low score of 20/100, but from what i understand his standards are high. I recommendSo i've read plenty of other reviews of this game, and its staunch defenders come across as zealots. None of them put forth any arguments as to why this game is as good as they claim it is, they just attempt to will it into being. Only one "official" reviewer got it dead right, although he did gave a low score of 20/100, but from what i understand his standards are high. I recommend reading his too.

I won't evaluate the campaign. It causes much controversy over how historically accurate/fair it is and i feel it has little to do with the point of the CoH franchise, which has always been the incredibly fun multiplayer and innovative unit dynamic and terrain interplay.

Finally some reviewers are going to say you should not review this game by comparing it to the original.
    Wrong! Considering its basically the same game engine, and the core idea is kept the same, you HAVE to, since if two games are the same, naturally you should pick the game which does it best. And more than any sequel, Coh1 and Coh2 ARE the same game, and well CoH1 still does it MUCH better.

Here is why:
    Despite the new game having better graphics (more particles, more gritty, more detail), it fails to improve on anything else from the original, and actually removes many fun or simply informative features. It also introduces an incredible boring grind reward system which is better suited to MMO's whose entire raison d'etre is "the grind".

One of the core features of the original was the commander tree abilities. In game you could decide, as the situation demanded, which tree you played, followed then by two different paths further choice as to how far up the path you go before you pick the low hanging fruit of the other path. This meant you could customize your commander path a lot, based on what was happening in game. In long games you eventually unlocked them all. This was a great feature.

This feature is gone in the CoH2. Instead they have you pick your tree before the game begins, and this shorter tree now unlocks their abilities one at a time. I also felt the abilities were simply less fun compared to the original (they are toned down to the point where i did not care about 3 out of the 5 abilities as they didn't seem to do anything)

The interface is another problem. It is so bereft of information and even color that unit effectiveness is impossible to gauge, and its hard to tell if your commander tree ability is unlocked or not, or even how to activate it. yes, i'm sure this can be overcome with time, but why? why implement a worse UI?

I noticed some unit damage gameplay changes that were long ago dismissed during balance testing of Coh1. Grenades are now ineffective (i threw MANY). They are now just something that does a little bit of damage to all the units. instead of killing a random amount of troops outright like it did in Coh1. In Coh1, grenade dodging became a hard earned skill as you had to watch for the "reach in my pocket" animation, and then run! I always liked the various unit abilities (fun a varied in Coh1), but in Coh2,there are just a handful, and they are weak.

Finally, CoH1 tried to make every faction completely different from the other. It was hard to balance, and they got a lot of criticism for how it was balanced, but it created a wonderful diversity. CoH2 just gives us two factions that are too similar, and also they are too similar to the ones in CoH1. So factions-wise. nothing interesting.

anyway, thats the worst of it, the commander tree, the grindy +2% crap, and the fewer unit abilities and weaker incarnation of them. I still play CoH1, and its the more fun game. it just is, and the graphics which were always top notch are withstanding the test of time, quite easily.

One simply MUST review this game in context of its predecessor. They are too similar, yet CoH2 is an example of game design failure and attempt to create a micro-transaction system that provides no value for money, and CoH1 is a wonderful triumph of design and respect for RTS gamers.

If CoH1 did not exist, i'll admit i'd give CoH2 7/10. but i'm sorry the pandora is out the box. we KNOW now what is really good in this type of game, and you can't close the box.
  9. Aug 7, 2013
    Disappointed with the game, there is no objectivity, facts are distorted! Idea to put in the game all the bad and the ugly thing is not good. I advise you not to spend money for nothing!
  10. Aug 7, 2013
  11. Aug 7, 2013
    In this game can be a good graphics and gameplay, but you have to know the history and do not throw mud at other people's exploits. Relic you are very upset me with his attitude to Russian history. The impression that you are Nazis.
  12. Aug 8, 2013
    I do not except concept with no regards on historical facts. I found this game very racist and inappropriate. There are limits that should be respected.
  13. Aug 10, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    Absolute disaster. Most waiting game of year transformed into most horrific game of year. Idiotic plot, totally lack of war history veracity, unballanced multiplayer. Piece of nothing.
  15. Aug 8, 2013
    boycot!
    When game wanna get political points try to reverse history, make fashism as fantastic form i'am really want "strike to face" publisher and developer. But better way say NOT to buy!
  16. Aug 8, 2013
    Political trash. Why are you creating game about if game has name like COMPANY OF HEROES? Who told you this story about USSR in WWII? Nazi Friends? I see.
  17. Aug 9, 2013
    Not the slightest hint of historical authenticity. Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  18. Aug 14, 2013
    Debility game, and with it, and the writers are morons and natsisttsy. This is how we must not know the history of WWII, that would create such a guano.
  19. Aug 7, 2013
    Its a bad game, without moral and any mind. Such big game studio made such bad game about USSR. I think the developers must be killed all of them for this.
  20. Aug 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That game is just nothing but Göbels-Propaganda-Story. Poorly created anti-russian myths. Do no need to pay for play a washbrainshi t, pay enough for GEZ. Expand
  21. Sep 6, 2013
    Crashes,lags etc it's awful!Games campaign is crap.Games mission are not intersting.There is no Kursk battle!Soviet characters are so brutal and so stupid.
  22. Oct 11, 2013
    This game has been marketed as a serious historical accuracy one, and the dev said they had done enough homework for the history. Well it seems that they've learned history from old cold war propaganda, and talking about the historical accuracy, I think even Stalin vs Martians does history better than this crap.
  23. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I feel sorry I have bought the game, based on critic review I thought it will be a good game, they give 80 rating to every game probably. I was wrong it is not better than Company of heroes 1 also it is anti-russian and anti-historical bunch of stupid lies which make me angry hire historian on start reading books before you make story. Shame on you Relic. Expand
  24. Nov 19, 2013
    I had such high hopes for this game after being a massive fan of the original. I spent hours on it playing multiplayer (mostly 2 v 2). The multiplayer in this most recent garbage is flat and nothing like the original. All the small things are just no where near as good. There is no depth in this game!
    I am just so badly disappointed after looking forward to this game.
    I even especially
    I am just so badly disappointed after looking forward to this game.
    I even especially made an account on Metacritic just to show my frustration! This game is HORRIBLE!
    every month new DLC commanders are released that are overpowered and completely change the entire game. THERE IS NO BALANCE.
    I want so badly to like this game but i just can't. I'm not sure how to portray anger properly over a review but just trust me that I'm angry!
  25. Nov 20, 2013
    Relic took one of the best RTS games that has ever been made and turned it into an elaborate, digital whack-a-mole that becomes tedious after the first few missions. I've never regretted buying a Relic game before which just makes this one all the more disappointing.
  26. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crap game !

Unbalanced, pay to win, lag... save your money and don't buy it
    Coh1 still the best even with cheater players and wallhack Coh2 is a joke !
    Poor Relic
  27. Aug 13, 2013
    What is this game about?
    Cmon folks, betray your homeland! Some noble civilized germans are coming to save you!
    Those gentlemen are noble western crusaders who are forced to destroy evil bolshevik Mordor.
    No wonder Mr.Hitler called them "master race"!
  28. Aug 16, 2013
    Relics claims that Russians killed and burned THEMSELVES Russians alive and pinky pony German SS has nothing to do with it at all. I have one word for this: "WTF?!!!!!!!!". How more ridiculous can this be?!!!

Can any man burn houses with their own alive women and children for whatever insane reason?!!! Where in the world is this documented? How in the world could Relic come up with this UGLY idea in their hot desire to mix Russians with mud of lie of deceitful propaganda Russians the nation who paid MILLIONS of lives to save the world from FASCISM!!!! Many of the Relics staff people might have ended in German DEATH FACTORIES for not being Aryan enough! And it is RUSSIANS who SAVED them from that! For god sake, HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF RESPECT for the DEAD!

Its really, worse than Goebbels or coldwar propaganda. To play on memories of dead people is disgusting. This world is indeed very ugly, and Relic is of the ugliest manifestations of it....
  29. Aug 9, 2013
    Not worth the money. Poor balance, poor plot. Insulting attitude towards the Soviet Union. There is nothing new in comparison with the previous part.
  30. Aug 13, 2013
    The company in game is shame and a shame. Thrust to itself into an ass such historical reliability. People at who lived through on other end of the globe, try to tell the truth about war to people who lost the family. The people which won war and saved the world for horror of fascist Germany are presented in game by the nation of pants of traitors and unscrupulous executioners. Kill itselfThe company in game is shame and a shame. Thrust to itself into an ass such historical reliability. People at who lived through on other end of the globe, try to tell the truth about war to people who lost the family. The people which won war and saved the world for horror of fascist Germany are presented in game by the nation of pants of traitors and unscrupulous executioners. Kill itself about a wall. +1 Expand
  31. Sep 7, 2013
    Relic Entertainment! The second this game was finished and sent for sale you managed to:
    - loose a fan.
    - loose a customer
    - loose your shame
    Good job.
  32. Aug 7, 2013
    one of the worst games i've ever played completely wrong from historical point of view, it offends my grandfather who fought in WW2 and I hope developers will be punished for developing this game.
  33. Aug 8, 2013
    the game is the game is game is game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is the game is
  34. Aug 10, 2013
    the screenwriter of this game needs to be dismissed from Relic.
    sillier and more improbable than the scenario I yet didn't see.
    if in the future you awake to do game about Russia, study history, instead of think out.
    >=/
  35. Aug 6, 2013
    The gameplay is good but it's hard to play it when your face is spat upon. Hardly difficult to be objective. So the whole game become catastrophy.
    Please, don't fail next time, devs.
  36. Aug 11, 2013
    Fake history. I expected stupid cliches and some anti-soviet propaganda in the game, but this crap is beyond imagination. Information war continues. Shame on you, Relic. 2
  37. Aug 12, 2013
    Disappointed by the Critic Reviews. This game doesn't deserve the good reviews it has received.
    Endorsing copy & paste game development is bad:
    -The game-play is almost identical to CoH 1 but it seems to focus more on action rather than strategy. -Graphics have barely improved over the original which is now 7 years old. -The Line of Sight? Advertised as new and revolutionary?
    Endorsing copy & paste game development is bad:

-Graphics have barely improved over the original which is now 7 years old.

-The Line of Sight? Advertised as new and revolutionary? Already in games like Men of War which is already 4 years old. So trying to take credit for an idea that isn't theirs...

-What is new? The weather system...

-Original CoH already has an Eastern Front mod...

Honestly I was shocked by this game. How could relic have fallen so far?
    My personal conclusion: Save money; buy CoH 1 and install Blitzkrieg mod (Which is active and still being updated).
  38. Aug 17, 2013
    As a history student, propaganda disgusts me. Avoid unless you're into Nazi Germany being the victim and Soviets the empire of Evil. Do they know the Cold War is over or do they think they scored one for good ol' capitalism?
  39. Aug 18, 2013
    It is disgusting game with awfully worked plot. Certainly most of all I am indignant of a game plot, in particular its historical component. How it was possible to represent so the Soviet army, knowing that first of all this game will create an interest among the gamers of the ex-Soviet Union countries!? It looks like that developers support Nazis.
  40. Sep 5, 2013
    on of the worst optimized games of all time with bad graphics and battles i think this game is one of the worst games i have ever played do not buy this game
  41. Nov 9, 2013
    Like everyone else, I was really thirlled to hear that COH2 would give us a different approach to the way, from the east.
    However, After a very unbalanced Beta, I assumed that they would tweak the game, given its delayed release and provide us with something truly amazing.
    Well they certainly did. Amazingly bad. I played hundreds of hours Alone and in MP with friends on the original
    Well they certainly did. Amazingly bad.
    I played hundreds of hours Alone and in MP with friends on the original COH.
    This really rocked my belief in the series.
    The Russian Mortars, Mobile and Artillery were completely overpowered, then if you survived to get into a German tank, the game was all but won and lost for the Russians.

I felt like I was playing the game matches again and again, nothing changed, the Enemy did the same things over and over, not to mention, 3 Panzers firing at an infantry section on the ground and they managed to disable one and button another before moving back out of sight.
    How this happens is beyond me.

Terrible game and not recommended for anyone who was a fan of the first one.
  42. Sep 25, 2013
    After buying and playing the original and all the Expansions and DLCs I couldn't wait to play CoH 2. Unfortunately its bloody awful. Its all just rush rush rush and the gameplay is frankly irritating and boring. The first game is the best in my opinion and each expansion has taken something away from the game.

CoH 2 isn't bad, its terrible. Maps aren't great, AI is terrible, squad

CoH 2 isn't bad, its terrible. Maps aren't great, AI is terrible, squad control is fiddly and really is a step backwards, voice acting isn't immersive, environment isn't pretty or outstanding in any way.

If you haven't played CoH or Opposing Fronts, buy those. Much much much better games and good value for money now. Wasted my money and won't be playing CoH2 any more.

Very sad that one of my favourite games ever has stopped so low.
  43. Sep 6, 2013
    Played this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete wastePlayed this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete waste of money, absolute joke. Expand
  44. Oct 11, 2013
    A complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians andA complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians and glorifying the Germans. As a Russian I felt a bit annoyed.
    Multiplayer is slighty better quality, but the lack of a lobby pits you with random players, most of which lag severely or drop out in the first 5 minutes of the game.

What an awful game. Get the first Company of Heroes games over this POS.
  45. Jan 7, 2014
    The average user score is CORRECT, it is about a 2/10. It is such a shame, really, as I have been playing COH since its inception in 2006. The rev 2 version is bugged, crashes often, needs a high end rig and video card, and just plain not balanced. You can't re-bind your keys, the MP often de-synchs, and the list goes on and on. Do I play it? Sure. Is Men of War Assault Squad better? YES
  46. Jan 11, 2014
    As a fan of the first CoH, I naturally got CoH 2 in the Boxing Day sales, however the game is unplayable! After the first cutscene the game runs with unplayable frames, dwindling around 25. Considering the graphics have barely changed since CoH 1, this is outrageous. I am sure it's not my Pc, as my specs are better than needed to play the game fine, at least at 80-100 fps on medium. ThisAs a fan of the first CoH, I naturally got CoH 2 in the Boxing Day sales, however the game is unplayable! After the first cutscene the game runs with unplayable frames, dwindling around 25. Considering the graphics have barely changed since CoH 1, this is outrageous. I am sure it's not my Pc, as my specs are better than needed to play the game fine, at least at 80-100 fps on medium. This issue is known, and as soon as I can play the damn thing, I'll give a real review of it, however avoid this game at all costs, at least until a patch comes out. Expand
  47. Dec 17, 2013
    I was very excited for the release and when i finally got the game i was horrendously disappointed to see that the graphics had been dumbed down in a desperate attempt to make more sales. Apparently, too many people with crap systems where crying that they couldn't run the game, so now the graphics look like animated play dough. This game is just an absolute eye sore to even look at. RelicI was very excited for the release and when i finally got the game i was horrendously disappointed to see that the graphics had been dumbed down in a desperate attempt to make more sales. Apparently, too many people with crap systems where crying that they couldn't run the game, so now the graphics look like animated play dough. This game is just an absolute eye sore to even look at. Relic had a very good potential with the company of heroes series and they just threw it in the garbage. I still prefer the original game over this by far. Expand
  48. Dec 29, 2013
    I write my review to rate this game 0, so seems fun when I can't rate it without typing some words. And review must be at least 150 characters long. Done.
    Update: Are you kidding? "Error 503 Service Unavailable"
    Ok, I'll rate 1 for it.
    Update: Are you kidding again? "Error 503 Service Unavailable"
    Ok, I'll rate 2 for it.
  49. Jul 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I never write reviews, but this game is a major downgrade from the original. All the games I've played are the same. Mortar galore! I understand that you are trying to make it realistic, but this is a video game. No fun at all. Just build mortars, artillery, and role in the tanks at the end. Same slow, boring game.

The original was much better. Very disappointed. Free games are better.
  50. Aug 13, 2013
    Relic should have read a history book before making this game, it's shameful the way this game was developed in every aspect, gameplay is broken, a.i. is dead-stupid, no innovation at all, not even a good paint job to make it flashier than the original, nothing, fans get nothing out of this game, it's an utter disappointment, it's that bad, this game is irreparable, hopefully the sequelRelic should have read a history book before making this game, it's shameful the way this game was developed in every aspect, gameplay is broken, a.i. is dead-stupid, no innovation at all, not even a good paint job to make it flashier than the original, nothing, fans get nothing out of this game, it's an utter disappointment, it's that bad, this game is irreparable, hopefully the sequel will fix everything wrong with this one, relic owes it to the fans to make a good COH Expand
  51. Aug 20, 2013
    That's why developers have to do so? Can not be done normally not a propaganda story? The plot is disgusting. Because people fought in the war for peace in their homeland for his people, and developers are exposed as if they were cowardly, bloodthirsty fiends who fought just to kill more people and get benefit from it!
    I think the developers just hate the Russian and consider them the
    I think the developers just hate the Russian and consider them the most uzhastnaya evil on earth, and the cause of all the horror and suffering.
    The impression that Russian is so bad that not only worse than the Germans but also willing to kill even their own people!
    The most vile propaganda game in the world!
  52. Aug 20, 2013
    Being an absolute fan and veteran of CoH 1, I was looking for a descent successor of a game, that was a milestone, unlike this piece of some ****
    We all know that CoH declined regularly as they revealed the 2 DLCs for CoH 1. While these were still satisying to play, CoH 2 is a total pain in the ass...
    Campaign: The story is a bunge of some bad movie scenes that tell a booooring story,

Campaign:
    The story is a bunge of some bad movie scenes that tell a booooring story, still including somewhat pervert sayings and focus on Russian culture reviews, made by strangers, but no Russian itself.
    It just shows again what wrong picture people have when thinking of Russia.

Ok, now back to the game itself:
    The all promising True Sight, the blizzards and the enormous Hunger for Hardware add up to this total disaster.
    The Mulitplayer seems to be good at first. Having played 3 times you already notice the imbalance between the hyperarmored Germans and the Russians. Using a certain strategy outguns the Russians within the first 5 minutes.

To conclude, I just can follow the reviewers that commented before.
    For the God's sake, buy some Beluga Vodka instead.
  53. Aug 28, 2013
    I am Russian and I'm offended by this. Seriously, Relic, why do you keep telling that the game is LOL HISTORICALLY ACCURATE while it's obviously isn't?
    "Most people have evil spirits. You? You have stupid spirits! Go see shaman, get hole in head. Big hole. Very big. Huge!" (c)Sulik, Fallout 2
  54. Nov 29, 2013
    I played the beta, seemed it would turn to be ok, But afther a few months i baught it cheap on steam. And i already regret it. Gameplay does not come near to the first one. In part one you could choose between playing with a lot of micro (pvp) or build a nice defence and play relexed. This last way of relexed playing is not possilbe anymore. Even againts normal cpu i have to micro allI played the beta, seemed it would turn to be ok, But afther a few months i baught it cheap on steam. And i already regret it. Gameplay does not come near to the first one. In part one you could choose between playing with a lot of micro (pvp) or build a nice defence and play relexed. This last way of relexed playing is not possilbe anymore. Even againts normal cpu i have to micro all over the battlefield all the time. I do not always want to play like that. German armor seemed to be made of glas, it takes ages to kill infantery with a normal p4. Im spending more time repairing tanks and heal my inf then im actualy fighting. Its just a bad choice to choose this engine. Perhaps its a nice game for the people who love playing against other people. But i cant play it as a relexed game like i did coh1. Imo crap. I believe the makers dont understand what all the strengts where of the first part. Furthermore they make this game a milking cow with all their dlc's. All these commanders with basicly all the same abilitys but a bit reshuffeled.

The popcap is way to low, you can only have a handfull of units. No way you can leave a defence force at one place because you just cant afford it. You just move to one point to the other, finding out that the opponent just recaps the places you just captured. Boring.

So disappointed. lucky i can still play the first part.
  55. Dec 8, 2013
    I have a decent rig and find that I can't even run the performance test on COH2 without severe stuttering at the lowest settings. Horrible optimization from a game that I expected to be better than the original. Stick with the original, this one is broken!
  56. Oct 2, 2013
    Worst of tthe worst. No sli, buggy, crappy gameplay. bad performance. and just the same game in a new skin.
    Words do not exist tp explain my dissapointmen
  57. Oct 7, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!!
  58. Oct 29, 2013
    The singleplayer experience is ruined with utterly offensive plot and disgusting gameplay issues. As far as Relics say 'it's all authentic' the pleasure of playing this is second to none.
  59. Nov 12, 2013
    Extremely disappointing! I've been following the development of this game for quite a while, I really didn't expected Relic to release such a "broken" game. There's no real innovations, the game play is boring compared to the original, there's a real lack of cleverness in this new tittle: even the HUD Menus are a mess. The great COH 1 multiplayer mechanisms are lost. They should have keptExtremely disappointing! I've been following the development of this game for quite a while, I really didn't expected Relic to release such a "broken" game. There's no real innovations, the game play is boring compared to the original, there's a real lack of cleverness in this new tittle: even the HUD Menus are a mess. The great COH 1 multiplayer mechanisms are lost. They should have kept developing COHO as a free to play, this was way better! Expand
  60. Zir
    Dec 9, 2013
    This game is a DO NOT BUY. Shallow content. CoH1 was far superior. Few maps, few units. Its as if they took our beloved original and consolized it. Performs poorly, maps are very uninspired and boring. Like city maps, sorry. This is a cash grab game and people that really know the first one will be sickened by this attempt.

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not enjoying it. They simply took the old game and swiss cheesed it, removed sweet features and content. The only positive thing I can mention is the variable weather but even that leaves a bit to be desired. Its more like snow blizzards that come in cycles.

Beware of fake reviews. After reading most of the reviews, most of the highly rated ones are blatantly bogus
  61. Jan 21, 2014
    You would have more fun if you slathered yourself in goat fat and walked into the middle of a hungry pack of wolves and kicked the pack leader right in the nads, I'm not joking! I was so looking forward to this game after the love affair I had with COH 1 and this game is the biggest let down I have had the opportunity to experience! It's not that the game is beautiful, or the new skillsYou would have more fun if you slathered yourself in goat fat and walked into the middle of a hungry pack of wolves and kicked the pack leader right in the nads, I'm not joking! I was so looking forward to this game after the love affair I had with COH 1 and this game is the biggest let down I have had the opportunity to experience! It's not that the game is beautiful, or the new skills and skill tree that you could use; or even the new units, I must say they all look great. It's the fact that this game is more buggy than road kill thats been on the road for a week in the middle of July! The game never runs longer than 5 minutes without a spectacular cosmic death crash that once crashed it will force you to upload the update again, never mind that you uploaded the update 5 billion times before on the previous crashes; which BTW takes around 30-45 minutes while you sit and wait for it to complete while it completey wastes your time. The best that SEGA can offer is "reinstall the game", or "reinstall your video drivers again and again like some demented parrot that has nothing better to say, hope that if it repeats itself so many times that you will either give up or you will believe that finally this time it might just work. Save your money and go purchase another game that you will have more fun with, or go to the movies; hell pay someone to beat the crap out of you, you will have more fun than sitting and trying to get this game to limp along and function as a normal game should. You have been warned! Expand
  62. Aug 12, 2013
    What a silly game :(
    Hard to believe that you can do something like this. Much worse than the first one Bad Company
    And yes. The history is piece of the characters are too stupid. I dont know how to play this... is it about heroes or what?
    I was very disappointed, shame of you Relic
  63. Sep 16, 2013
    Don't even think about buying this, let me save you the money and time that I unfortunately wasted on this horrendous game. I honestly think you would do better with CoH 1, which to my eyes is a far superior game.
  64. Sep 24, 2013
    Yet another trash "game" that is nothing but a stripped down demo, waiting to be "enhanced" by an endless parade of DLC. Another franchise ruined by horrible business practices. Playing this game in full will cost in the hundreds, and even then, it is a shadow of the original (totally complete and awesome) Company of Heroes. This game is great if you enjoy helping to fund a greedy gameYet another trash "game" that is nothing but a stripped down demo, waiting to be "enhanced" by an endless parade of DLC. Another franchise ruined by horrible business practices. Playing this game in full will cost in the hundreds, and even then, it is a shadow of the original (totally complete and awesome) Company of Heroes. This game is great if you enjoy helping to fund a greedy game executive's third summer home. Expand
  65. Sep 25, 2013
    revising my review to 0/10 for changing the game to pay2win. GJ sega, by go screw up some1 elses franchise now too.

66. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is now more like cheap pay2win asian mmo's with huge "STORE" button in every sub-menu of the game. It's not a AAA RTS title it's a simple,little machine designed to rip you off. Just check the game's steam store page and feast your eyes with tons of DLCs. Oh and now they started actual new units to the game..and you must PAY to play them. How is this fair in a competitiveThis game is now more like cheap pay2win asian mmo's with huge "STORE" button in every sub-menu of the game. It's not a AAA RTS title it's a simple,little machine designed to rip you off. Just check the game's steam store page and feast your eyes with tons of DLCs. Oh and now they started actual new units to the game..and you must PAY to play them. How is this fair in a competitive multiplayer game? Expand
  67. Dec 11, 2013
    Thank you Sega. Thank you Relic.
    I am from Russia. And I was very impressed with the plot of this game.
    Now I know what you think about the life of my grandparents. You have found the worst of the bad. And you said all that was, was bad. You said that this story objectively. P.s.: This is the latest game that I bought at Sega or Relic. I ask everyone, who considers himself a Russian
    Thank you Sega. Thank you Relic.
    I am from Russia. And I was very impressed with the plot of this game.
    Now I know what you think about the life of my grandparents.
    You have found the worst of the bad. And you said all that was, was bad.
    You said that this story objectively.
    P.s.: This is the latest game that I bought at Sega or Relic. I ask everyone, who considers himself a Russian would join me. I think this position will be the objective.
  68. Feb 15, 2014
    All the debate about "historical accuracy" is largely irrelevant as it is a GAME based on historical events -- it is not and it does not purport to be an actual historical document. Some people simply cannot move on from that fact.

More importantly, the game itself simply sucks. Surely my personal greatest disappointment of 2013 (with Rome II a close second, thanks SEGA for both!), a degeneration from CoH1. And the argument that "Coh1 wasn't perfect on release either!!!", it certainty wasn't but it had a fundamentally good design core that is lacking in this release.

There are those that say "ride it out and in a few years time they will have patched it into a great (aka finally playable) state". Guess people should ride out their crappy marriages year after year in the hope that finally they'll get their act together and live happily ever fairy tale after also.

Because if you believe it hard enough, then surely it MUST come true, right?
  69. Aug 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Horrible performance. Graphic is kinda not-bad level, but it is not good as its requirement.
    - Mediocre Gameplay, Worse Game Balance. Infantry units are just expendable pawns, and Tanks are too expensive. and all units have quite bad player input responsiveness.
    - Stupid UI. Hey, if you Relic guys paying for that UI designer, I can assure you he doesn't deserve his salary and etc. Why did you made thread for UI remake if you won't?
    - Trying to make money without actual game contents. Which is vile scam. They tried to squeeze DLC out of Commander system, and they have all stupid same skills and traits. It's quite obvious that they Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Ved and made 5~6 commanders out of active skills only enough for 3 commander trees like CoH1. DLC is valuable only when Vanilla contents is good, too. To be honest, Ketchup on the sxxt doesn't make it delicious.

- I'm the one who have least reason to say something good about the Red Army(especially as a citizen of the country that T-34/85 ran over), but in this game, Red Army being portrayed as stupid horde regarding life lightly and murdering its own soldiers, which is not true. not one bit.

Of course, it is ungrateful, dishonoring US cold-war propaganda. worse than Soviet. worse than Nazi. Soviet is only one country that lost 15 percent of their population in World war II against Nazi. United States didn't. Commonwealth didn't. France didn't. I do not know who is Scenario writer, but he/she is disrespecting people who potentially saved his/her very life from Nazi world domination. If the title is still Company of HEROES, then you should have show proper respect to the heroes, especially when you trying to make commercial use of them. If you truly believe United States is only one country fighting for liberty(If you can find any difference between Guantanamo and Gulag...), please, GROW UP.
  70. Aug 18, 2013
    Never saw a game with such a high hardware requirement but poor graphics. The game itself is not finished. (Missing features, bugs, crappy path finding, ton of lags/drops due to the bad p2p system, balance issues). Charging $60 for such a game is just a joke. The base idea is good (1 point), the sounds and music are well recorded (1 point). For the rest no comment.
  71. Aug 25, 2013
    I Not like this game, that a one big myth about ww 2! This project have only big politic propaganda! No funy to play. No money to developers! That's it!
  72. Aug 25, 2013
    There are a lot of posts talking about the incorrect portrayal of the Russians in this game but I am not an expert on the subject so I will focus on other things I dislike about the game. I have played the Original COH for years and loved it. I felt they had a winning formula and if they made the Second one like the first with upgraded graphics, new factions, better AI and better balanceThere are a lot of posts talking about the incorrect portrayal of the Russians in this game but I am not an expert on the subject so I will focus on other things I dislike about the game. I have played the Original COH for years and loved it. I felt they had a winning formula and if they made the Second one like the first with upgraded graphics, new factions, better AI and better balance it would have been amazing already. Unfortunately, this game suffers from horribly poor performance due to optimization. I have an intel i7 4700 with an Nvidia 765m on a brand new Alienware machine and can only run the game on the lowest settings possible after Auto detect. Mg 42's alone break the game and Relic has admitted to it being broken and is investigating a way to repair it but they already released a patch without fixing it. There is annoying lag when you issue orders. The ai pathing is absolutely horrible. In the first COH I could move a tank back and make it face a direction but in the 2nd one the same command spins my tank 360 degrees for no reason. This game is a huge disappointment and I would tell anyone interested in it to invest their hard earned money elsewhere. Expand
  73. Sep 3, 2013
    As a Canadian Citizen, I formally apologize to Russian people for the crimes this game commits against your people and to the heroes of the Soviet Union who aided the allies in freeing us from nazi tyranny. You and you grandfathers will always hold a special place in my heart. Once again there are Canadian citizens who honor and forever will respect the sacrifices the Russian people haveAs a Canadian Citizen, I formally apologize to Russian people for the crimes this game commits against your people and to the heroes of the Soviet Union who aided the allies in freeing us from nazi tyranny. You and you grandfathers will always hold a special place in my heart. Once again there are Canadian citizens who honor and forever will respect the sacrifices the Russian people have made in the name of freedom and the eternal struggle against tyranny and oppression.

if you read this and accept this apology just indicate this "review" as helpful.
  74. Aug 19, 2013
    How many people died during the Second World War?
    Respected publishing house is not found time to study the history of 70 years ago. Such a scenario is an insult to all Russians, whose fathers and grandfathers fought against the Nazis, not only in Russia, but also liberated countries of Eastern Europe from "brown plague".
    I'm going to vote against You the most effective way I won't buy
    How many people died during the Second World War?
    I'm going to vote against You the most effective way I won't buy the game "Company of heroes 2", although happy to own the license issue of the "Company of heroes".
    Ashamed, dear publisher and developer, this is disrespect to the memory and heroism of those who fought for the future of all of us!
  75. Sep 7, 2013
    What is this? What has relic done with company of heroes?

First of all, the graphics are sh*t even if everything is maxed out, and the voice acting is sh*t and the story line is SO far off it's offensive! The weather system is f*ckin dumb and over hyped. The gameplay feels cheap. Overall this game is sh*t. Play CoH1 instead, at least its not overpriced.
  76. Aug 31, 2013
    Political trash. Nothing interesting.
    Scriptwriters don't know what logic and history are it.
  77. Aug 30, 2013
    the first thing i am gonna say is that it is not optimized for PC
    Less maps
    And FPS really drops while playing
    Seriously COH 1 was better than
    I expected more from Relic and they gave us nothing but ****
    Really loved COH 1 but COH 2 piece of
  78. Aug 26, 2013
    Relic shows us not how Germans (SS for example), but Russians are murdering unarmed POW, burning houses with Russian villagers inside, and killing their own fellow soldiers in cold blood. Relic depicts Russians as cruel and primitive barbarians, mocks heroism, sacrifice and death of millions who fought against invaders and defended their homeland. Disgusting! If I were Russian, I wouldRelic shows us not how Germans (SS for example), but Russians are murdering unarmed POW, burning houses with Russian villagers inside, and killing their own fellow soldiers in cold blood. Relic depicts Russians as cruel and primitive barbarians, mocks heroism, sacrifice and death of millions who fought against invaders and defended their homeland. Disgusting! If I were Russian, I would feel offended. I regret I have bought this piece of crap.

Just imagine like Canadians soldiers in COH executing German prisoners, burning French people in houses and killing their soldiers.
  79. Aug 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is horrible describing the Russians. Even though I am not Russian myself, nor am I from ex-SSRs, it is just wrong to describe them as the "evil red empire". This is a huge insult to all Russians and Slavic people that participated in the defeat of the Nazis, living or dead. Seriously, relic? I was expecting a lot better!!! This is probably even worse than the Eastern Front mod in terms of game play. Expand
  80. Aug 27, 2013
    Total lies about russians. WHy you think, that they burnt their houses at the start of war? Why you think they are fought against nazis in Stalingrad only because of this order of Stalin? What a stupid
  81. Sep 22, 2013
    This is the most overpriced piece of crap ever.

Basically it seems Relic have spent six years adding snow and racism to CoH.

Half the game content is DLC, it is buggy and unfinished really don't waste your money on this tat.
  82. Sep 23, 2013
    Ce jeu est nul, i'histoire présentée est complètement mensongère. Aucun progrès niveau graphique depuis la sortie du première volet (2006 quand même!). A foutre dans les poubelles. (toute façon je n'ai la pas acheté, essayé chez un ami et décidé de ne pas offrir 50€ cette équipe des bras cassés).
  83. Oct 6, 2013
    I created this account specifically to warn gamers of how horrible COH 2 is. I LOVED THE ORIGINAL COH! I cant speak for the historical inaccuracies of the story line in COH 2, but I can speak for the game-play. The game-play makes it impossible to play as the soviets outside of the campaign mode. I watched videos on you tube and read countless guides, then I played 30+ games vs AI and lostI created this account specifically to warn gamers of how horrible COH 2 is. I LOVED THE ORIGINAL COH! I cant speak for the historical inaccuracies of the story line in COH 2, but I can speak for the game-play. The game-play makes it impossible to play as the soviets outside of the campaign mode. I watched videos on you tube and read countless guides, then I played 30+ games vs AI and lost almost every time on standard difficulty. The Germans have armor within a few minutes of gaming and you have almost nothing... not even RPGs or Bazookas to stop the armored vehicles. I have never played such an uneven game. I wish I could get my money back. Expand
  84. Oct 8, 2013
    I believe there is only one reason why this game is exist. The reason is that nazi are alive and they have made this game for other nazi. Authors and publishers of this game should be imprisoned.
  85. Oct 10, 2013
    Great parody from Canadians. Apparently, Canadians have their own history books. To those who swallowed this story you can put the appropriate diagnosis. This game doesnt even deserve any points.
  86. Oct 14, 2013
    I cant believe it they made a horrible story out of russian army, some of that, thas was in the game is true but they giving us this like it was the only truth about soviet army. that wery wery dishonorable!!!
  87. Oct 21, 2013
    Gaming is an art, where you can like a book to tell the story. This story is false and degrading everything they fought in the Second World War. Well at least not as shown in the concentration camps of the Nazis take care of the poor Jews and Slavs. While they were killed like animals everybody.
  88. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is one of the dirtiest, ridiculous and absurd propaganda in the spirit of the Cold War in order to not only distort the historical facts, but also to discredit the heroes of those terrible times
  89. Oct 3, 2013
    Everything that was good in COH1 or even COHO was revamped and ruined, MP is worst! automatching is horrible, the Single player is one offensive clichés after another (mostly stolen from Enemy at the gates) if Joseph Goebbels made is pc game it would be Coh2.
  90. Mar 29, 2014
    This is not a strategy game, it's been totally dumbed down to the point it should be called an arcade game. The majority of it runs on rails, it's predecessor did also, but it did it better and made you feel like it was more"open" gameplay. This game was a waste of money, speaking of which nice to see SEGA turn it into constant revenue stream via steam add-ons. What the hell happened?
  91. Oct 4, 2013
    they took the RTS CoH and made it arcade.
    this game is close to nothing as good as the first one. the base-building is pretty much the same, but the rest is inferior to the original.
    they took the RTS CoH and made it arcade.
    it really doesnt matter what tank you build to counter the enemy's vehicle, it's all about luck in this arcade-made version of CoH1, which I cherished wholeheartedly. squad-control is sluggish at best, it's close to impossible to make soldiers stand exactly where you want them to stand. dodging grenades/molotovs/MG:s at the last second is out of the question. the new "vision-system" that was introduced makes chasing down enemy tanks with your own tank impossible. the weather-effects are boring and makes the whole match pause, no one dares to move, nothing more dramatic than that.

before strategic points meant that you had to hold them in order to secure the resource point that you held, now you're better off holding only strategic points as they give you both resources.

to conclude it: this game is a disgracing, arcade-version of CoH1. If you like cinematic features, go ahead and buy it. if you actually enjoyed this game because you wanted to out-maneuver the enemy and see his shells bounce off your tiger's front armor, play CoH1, because now everything penetrates everything.
    is this still in beta?
  92. Oct 23, 2013
    well...to be honest, under the highest image quality settings the game's Ambient Occlusion, blizzard effect and rendering system are pretty “Essence 3.0." But the general fact is that most of coh2 players confront horrible performance issue- the optimization sucks, my GTX 670 only could run the game with frame rate of 30-45. And the protagonist in the campaign annoys me a lot, by creatingwell...to be honest, under the highest image quality settings the game's Ambient Occlusion, blizzard effect and rendering system are pretty “Essence 3.0." But the general fact is that most of coh2 players confront horrible performance issue- the optimization sucks, my GTX 670 only could run the game with frame rate of 30-45. And the protagonist in the campaign annoys me a lot, by creating fake historical resemblance such as they burned their farmland. I have just finished the campaign and I expect more on map balancing in multiplayer games(hopefully the relic had fixed many bugs in some unbalanced map by October).
    Finally I really want a boost-up driver for Nvdia graphic cards, we need a better optimization.
  93. Nov 22, 2013
    Decent gameplay, but due to the limited factions, it suffers from worse repetition that the Dawn of War series. Some units are atrociously overpowered early in the game, such as the flame halftrack which is more effective at killing infantry than the ability to run them over found in the Command and Conquer series. Snipers are only useful in groups of 3-5 squads. Single squads will oftenDecent gameplay, but due to the limited factions, it suffers from worse repetition that the Dawn of War series. Some units are atrociously overpowered early in the game, such as the flame halftrack which is more effective at killing infantry than the ability to run them over found in the Command and Conquer series. Snipers are only useful in groups of 3-5 squads. Single squads will often die before killing more than one unit due to their extremely high miss rate. Tanks are very hit and miss. Overall it's a fun time killer, but nothing I would sink weeks into.

Now, the controversial story, and the reason for the 3 rating. I'm American, and even I know that the story line is an extreme exaggeration of what occurred during WWII. It's like if someone took what the troops at Gitmo did and applied it to the entire US armed forces, then claimed the Americans were cowards since we entered the war only after Germany was already beaten harshly. The US forces committed many of the same atrocities as the Soviets on a relative scale. We rounded up Japanese-Americans and locked them into internment camps, and don't even get me started on the McCarthyism and the Truman Doctrine that treated anyone that didn't agree with the US as war criminals to be locked away, got millions of people killed, and still causes major economic problems today.

So, take the story with a grain of salt, it's an exaggeration of historically accurate events, which does not mean the plot is historically accurate.
  94. Jan 26, 2014
    Couldn't stomach the propaganda.

The campaign was too much to bear, it's as if the script for this game was written jointly by Winston Churchill and Joseph McCarthy. I was really looking forward to this game, it proclaimed to show where the majority of WWII was fought: on the Eastern Front. Had it told it from a Russian and/or anti-imperial prospective (AKA "fact based"), it would
    Couldn't stomach the propaganda.

I was really looking forward to this game, it proclaimed to show where the majority of WWII was fought: on the Eastern Front. Had it told it from a Russian and/or anti-imperial prospective (AKA "fact based"), it would have been a riveting game. You would have learned how the USSR saved civilization from a New Dark Age by defeating the Nazi's at Stalingrad; how aspects of the Imperial UK sought to foment fascism by financing Hitler (read "Facts and Fascism" and "The Anglo-American Establishment"); how the UK elites got the war going and how they did everything they could to delay the US from opening a second (Western) front; how the Soviets supported the legitimate republican government of Spain against Franco; and much more. Real history is, in fact, incredibly interesting, but you'll never learn those things from this game--because here in the West, spineless wretches rule supreme, and nobody has the gall to stand up for historical truth.

We see, this game being one of countless examples, that Imperialism is everywhere. It is in everything you read, everything you see, everything you consume. Everywhere the fear exists of being ostracized for going against the "Establishment". If the game-designers at Relic thought that this era of history was worthwhile in observing, as it secured Liberty and Freedom for future generations (as it did) then what a disgrace that these spineless eunuchs would then abstain from exercising their rights to speech so willingly.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy this game. The same level of mental and intellectual degeneration that made this game into a shameless piece of imperial apologetic propaganda also made the game-play infinitely inferior to the original.

It's almost as if you can see the decline of the West mirrored in the intellectual produce it creates.
  95. Jul 7, 2014
    This game has a good gameplay, but a plot is awful. It's filled mostly with hate to Soviet soldiers and their feats. I think that this fact describes developers as the haters of Russian history. Shame on you, developers. I won't buy your games in the future.
  96. Sep 20, 2014
    Anti Soviet Propaganda!! While it's predecessors showed the heroism of the allied soldiers the only thing they are showing here is the **** soldiers of the red army and horrible events which never happend!
  97. Oct 27, 2014
    Absolutely weak! Destructoid should never ever be allowed to rate games. The think this was a 100 means there is no room for ever improving. I wonder how much they were paid?
    I have a free copy for anyone who wants it.
  98. Jan 21, 2014
    I'll give Company of Heroes a 4/10 because it's not the worst game ever made, I can think of other games that are more deserving of a 0-1/10 - looking at you Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. However, I (like many other gamers) feel that Company of Heroes 2 just doesn't live up to the expectations of its predecessor.

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been

What has happened to the sophisticated commander tree? It has been replaced by a new commander system with no choice, except you can choose 5 different commander 'perks' before a match, then when you get commander points it'll unlock perks automatically (as each perk has a commander point requirement that, once reached, the perk will instantly become available). Okay, but at least CoH 2 has interesting concept art briefs between each mission right? Wrong. Those concept art briefs - which I, personally, loved and associated with the CoH titles - have been replaced by 30 second longish cut scenes between a lieutenant (who you never see or hear from in the missions) that is going to be executed for desertion and his old commander talking about the war - CoH 2 has replaced exciting and interesting character development and artistic cut scenes for a character you'll never see in-game and mediocre between mission cut scenes. There's almost no continuity between missions, in the original CoH you'd get a patriotic and informative brief (so you know what's going on in the grand scale of things), but in CoH 2 it's a case of; a minute cut scene that says "the Germans attacked Russia" and "they get really close to Moscow", from there on it's a case of go there, kill them, we won, fight them - then the level design and gameplay follows this pattern, so what may seem interesting and innovative to start becomes dull and representative in later missions. Yet another CoH 2 mistake is the lack of units, you'll have 2 units that you'll ever really use, your conscripts (infantry) and the T34s (tanks), that's it, you do have snipers (that for some reason only use stealth while they're in cover) and mortar teams etc but what's the point when they'll just get flooded by infantry and tanks? If you want to fight for the Germans, you better go somewhere else, because the singleplayer campaign is all Soviet - you can play as the Germans in multiplayer. Well, you can also play as the Germans in a new feature called 'Theater of War' which, basically, mini-campaigns with about 2 singleplayer missions and tonnes of co-op missions (which is a welcome feature) - but when I realized that my friends weren't prepared to pay £30 for a sub-par sequel, I was left with about 4 hours of German gameplay, max...

Well... I think I've said all that I can about Company of Heroes 2. In conclusion, I'm not satisfied with Sega's sequel on what was a milestone in real-time strategy games. It has lost its strategy and has replaced it with numbers. And has many little 'features' that'll drive you mad, like units flashing their player colour when they're clicked on and all your recruited units now start off-map so you have to wait for them to come to you. There seems to be a never ending list of what's wrong with CoH 2, it's like they got the designs and features from the original games and said "these are good, but, scrap them and let's start from fresh without taking any inspiration from the originals". Plus CoH 2, to me, seems to have been Sega-fied.
  99. Oct 31, 2014
    This game is not an enjoyable experience. I am not a PvP player because of the CoH geeks that do nothing but learn the exploits to win. That's beside the point, so I play against the AI.

There are problems, the main one is the AI cheats in showing up with veteran units, immediately running away when a unit throws a grenade, AI units are very difficult to eliminate, AI is all over the map and no way to defend most captured points, if given any amount of time the AI totally overwhelms the player and AI has no fog of war, to name a few.

I'll tell you one thing, devs of CoH 2, you win the game. You won't get anymore of my support in terms of buying more crap from this company.
  100. Oct 27, 2014
    I have no experience with the single player campaign, so I'll just review the multiplayer part. Unfortunately, the game has gotten some kind of weird multiple personality disorder; it's trying to be harsh and brutal with gritty b/w imagery, harsh cold and so on, but at the same time it's animated like it's a cartoon. Tanks jump half a meter straight up in the air when they die, and haveI have no experience with the single player campaign, so I'll just review the multiplayer part. Unfortunately, the game has gotten some kind of weird multiple personality disorder; it's trying to be harsh and brutal with gritty b/w imagery, harsh cold and so on, but at the same time it's animated like it's a cartoon. Tanks jump half a meter straight up in the air when they die, and have big flat areas of comic book-like texture. The resource system and basic ideas from the original game are identical.

The voice-acting in Company of Heroes 1, Dawn of War 1 and 2 is SPLENDID. In this game, it's dull and uninspired. I can't get drawn in into the game; it's like a confused comic book version of WWII without anything funny to go with it. Unfortunately.
  101. Sep 3, 2013