• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 26, 2013
    Does Canada have settled the remnants of the Nazi army?! You know nothing about our war and the Eastern Front! Relits you slop poured our history! Shame on you!!!
  2. Jul 27, 2013
    I'm russian but I'm not of the most patriotic ones. Although whole thing became polemic few days ago I still wish to write some small parts people tend to overlook. Firstly game is mediocre at best. Gameplay is fine, but its exactly same gameplay was 7 years ago in company of heroes 1, moreover CoH1 has much better performance and graphically may even be better than 2 and in case ofI'm russian but I'm not of the most patriotic ones. Although whole thing became polemic few days ago I still wish to write some small parts people tend to overlook. Firstly game is mediocre at best. Gameplay is fine, but its exactly same gameplay was 7 years ago in company of heroes 1, moreover CoH1 has much better performance and graphically may even be better than 2 and in case of multiplayer balance game is still raw. For some reason CoH2 also liked to CTD every second mission so I have no idea why people imply this game is so great.

Secondly plot is controversial. Yes, russians had their share of war crimes with the whole world, yes so commanders could be unreasonable, but lets be fair, game shows russians vilified. Almost every mission they perform cruel, usually pointless and illogical act. Burning down your own land houses with people inside? Shooting surrendering or retreating people? Executing your own soldiers for minor disobedience? Killing polish partisans because Poland would start war against them? really? Even 227 order was shown wrong, for the sake of gameplay probably but they made huge deal out of that. On other side they shown nothing good or even remotely sympathetic about side you play for, its clear case you play for the evil side. To be fair Relic is pretty bad at making up plot so at least part of this I expect to be scriptwriter's incompetence, but still is that surprising that game had such a massive backdraft? The real failure on the part of developers though is to vilify russians and not say germans, or japanese, firstly because of a russian proverb 'nobody judges the winners' and secondly because ww2 theme is of extreme importance in Russia like you would expect to be Muhammad for Muslims.
  3. Jul 29, 2013
    Please stop the lies in the games. In this play, not only adults but also children. Which is correct in the history of children's minds. Before writing the script to a game, you need to understand what these games.
  4. Jul 31, 2013
    The game takes the history of the Soviet Union in a perverted form. This is an insult to the citizens of this country, these games should not be. Such games and distort the perception of Russian culture, the politics of war.
  5. Aug 1, 2013
    Shame on the nazi and Goebbels fan who designed this game. Shame. Completely "true" USSR history. Even German people has shame of that year and what you do?
  6. Aug 1, 2013
    This game was made by people with inferiority complex. The people who hate Russia but can't do anything but developing anti-Russian games which openly liyng.
    We won't stop just by expressing our opinion. We will write petitions for Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation and for the General Prosecutor of the Russian Federation.
    When its over there will be no Relic Entertainment.
  7. Aug 2, 2013
    This game is a big Lie about history of Second World War. Our ancestors were a heroes who save the world from the fascist plague and defend our country. But in this game there is no difference between Russians and Nazi. Russians are showed as a bloodthirsty maniacs. That is Lie. Paul Joseph Goebbels applaud to creator of this game. Stop selling of this game!!!!
  8. Aug 3, 2013
    The game is full of unbelievable It's really hard to say so many lies in the plot, it's awful AU with terrible characters, illogical actions, wrong quotes... I don't know how this was written, I don't know...
  9. Jul 23, 2013
    I never thought that I will came to Metacritic and write a review.

But when I saw WHAT Relic tries to sell us as Single-Player Campaign, I decided I will do everything to stop that shameless from spreading. The whole plot just written like by Nazi Ministry of Propaganda. Half-human, half-beasts, known as "Red Army", burn they own civilian population alive, murder prisoners of war
    I never thought that I will came to Metacritic and write a review.

The whole plot just written like by Nazi Ministry of Propaganda. Half-human, half-beasts, known as "Red Army", burn they own civilian population alive, murder prisoners of war and each other; their commanders don't care a damn about them, throwing hundreds of them, some even without weapons, into suicide attacks right on German MGs and murdering everyone who disobeyed them.

Soviet soldiers fought bravely for their Motherland and for those European countries that were occupied by Nazi scum; they saved a lot of people, millions of Jews and other nations, from the horrible slaying in Nazi death camps. Many gave their lives for the freedom of the humanity, saving other people's lives. In the end, they met their Allied brothers on the German river Elbe; the war against evil was won, the war criminals were convicted and punished.

Of course, there is always someone in the world who didn't like that. Who supports the other side, the darkness, the racism, the extermination of whole nations.

I knew before that not all Nazi are dead; that some are still lurking around, trying to poison the minds of young people with Hitler's human-hating ideology.

But I never thought that some of them make computer games.

If you are a normal person, if you are really not approve Nazis ideas at least, do not play this game.

It was made by Nazis for potential Nazis, not for you.
  10. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shockingly lying game
    The Soviet soldiers are somehow behave like Nazis, burning alive of its people, instead of their heroism shown some zany cast of the bullets.
    Europe forgets who saved her from the Nazis and won the second world war
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    Fine! thank you to my followers! A well done work for the dissemination of anti-Soviet agitation! Unheard of falsification of facts and a lot of lies, oh yeah, love it! And how well you have managed defame and discredit the russian soldiers. this is great! You were able to bring to life, what I wanted so much! A standing ovation, bravo!
    Dr. Goebbels.
  12. Jul 25, 2013
    Game in itself secondary and weak. It is a shame to me with this Canadian firm, so to be dishonored in front of the whole world. Script writers became a lies loudspeakers about the USSR. It is necessary to be able to say lies.
  13. Jul 27, 2013
    Relic bastards. They lie about history, lie about my country, lie about my people. Everyone who played in it, and believe in what is described in the story is true idiots. You burn in hell, Relic.
  14. Jul 24, 2013
    Orctownorc said it perfectly. And I qoute "To have half the army doctrines also removed as mini-DLCs is an example of the publisher engaging in the worst kind of nickel-and diming, as though this was a free-to play title."
    Sega bought this title when THQ went under and took all the doctrines out and made them DLC to squeeze every last penny out of this game. I paid FULL PRICE for this game and I don't expect to have to PAY TO BE COMPETITIVE in multiplayer with DLC. Sega, you are cheap-ass money-grubbing whores and don't deserve to continue being in business.
  15. AVK
    Jul 23, 2013
    So big and wellknown company which have so great videogames in portfolio and so awful project. Hello, doctor Goebbels! We know who is your progeny now. Too bad, guys, too bad... I’m disappointed in you, my friends, oh, very disappointed.
  16. Jul 23, 2013
    I am historian but when I played this game, I was afflicted very much. Total lie of historic facts.
    And for developers:
    Military Losses of Germany: 13 million
    Military Losses of the USSR: 11 million
  17. Jul 24, 2013
    The bottom line is that Canadian govnorazrabotchiki Games have created a game in which the Russian during World War II were engaged in that its soldiers were shot with machine guns, burned Russian peasants in the houses, destroyed their own with cruelty and cynicism, and the Reichstag took just to take a picture with the flag of Soviet Union In short a complete substitution of concepts,The bottom line is that Canadian govnorazrabotchiki Games have created a game in which the Russian during World War II were engaged in that its soldiers were shot with machine guns, burned Russian peasants in the houses, destroyed their own with cruelty and cynicism, and the Reichstag took just to take a picture with the flag of Soviet Union In short a complete substitution of concepts, distortion of historical facts. All anything, but in these games is brought up our younger generation of mindless yet. In short it is necessary to prohibit such games in the country, and also relate to the films. Expand
  18. Jul 24, 2013
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
    But why to bother and read real history books? Let's just make another game about this terrible unhuman russians.
  19. Jul 25, 2013
    The company "Relic" making good strategies (Homeworld is just gorgeous) and in terms of gameplay the game does not let us down, but the plot is just terrible! I certainly understand that the USSR in your understanding of it is, but then write that it is only your side of the story. But no! You position this game as the "most truthful." You compare the invaders (just in case I will explainThe company "Relic" making good strategies (Homeworld is just gorgeous) and in terms of gameplay the game does not let us down, but the plot is just terrible! I certainly understand that the USSR in your understanding of it is, but then write that it is only your side of the story. But no! You position this game as the "most truthful." You compare the invaders (just in case I will explain Nazi Germany) with an army that liberated his people and his homeland against the invader (again explain USSR) and staviti sign of "equals". Your "story" Russian permanently kill their kill allies. A normal person would say "It's illogical!" The whole story it's a solid illogical nonsense. If you're doing on the history of the game, you need to take the information from those who fought the military to study literature, memoirs of different Sides. And if this is your vision of the story, then write that it is "based on the dreams and hallucinations." We are used to the fact that the Soviet Union and Russia make the "evil empire," but it's overkill.
    PS Very interesting to read the comments that this is all true (and yes it all too rosy) to people who do not live in my country, did not communicate with the people who fought. These hacks accolades do not know anything about those times, besides a variety of information, grown during the Cold War.
  20. Jul 25, 2013
    when i saw the very first trailer of the game i was going to by it. when i played a week on closed beta and saw how sloppy relics were on details, I started suspecting that CoH2 would not be as great as CoH. But I still was going to buy it. But then read the plot of the campaign and you know I will stick to CoH. GULAG, silly Russian names, penal squads, barrier troops shooting their ownwhen i saw the very first trailer of the game i was going to by it. when i played a week on closed beta and saw how sloppy relics were on details, I started suspecting that CoH2 would not be as great as CoH. But I still was going to buy it. But then read the plot of the campaign and you know I will stick to CoH. GULAG, silly Russian names, penal squads, barrier troops shooting their own troops and not even a sign of logic. I wonder is there bear cavalry in the game? Guys even if you wanted to defile the USSR why did you pwned the logic? Damn you didn't even get what were the Russians fighting for in that War, WTF is 'The Revolution shall prevail!' in 1941-1945? You've got to be kidding me! I had enough of this s****. the last good game about Eastern Front from western developers was Close Combat, after that seems that only the Russians are able to create a strategy game about Eastern Front that will please those who respect the History. Expand
  21. Jul 25, 2013
    Game made by nazi, for stupid schoolboys. All historical aspects are twisted and false. Main goal of this game is anti Soviet and anti Russian propaganda.
  22. Jul 26, 2013
    I'm one of those offended Russians. And I'll try to write some useful things below, including couple of links.
    For those who wrote that Relic showed THE TRUTH and we, Russians, are brainwashed by propaganda. Never occurred to you what you are brainwashed as well? It was the Cold War, come on. Think about it for a minute.
    Things that are shown in single look just illogical. Even from the
    Things that are shown in single look just illogical. Even from the warfare point of view. Do you really think we could defeat Nazi with such? Do you really think that burning houses at summer (well at winter it make some sense), help to slow down nazis? I'll tell you when houses were burned when nazis were fleeing from Ukraine, they burnt everytihng. At summer. Not to slow down Red Army, but because they wanted scorched earth.

Unfortunately, it looks like you also know about real war history of Eastern Front probably less than we, soviet kiddies, do.

If you are not short-minded, please look at these two titles.

They are two WESTERN authors not writing propaganda stories, just real history (which can be rarely found among western writers, unfortunately).

The funny thing is, that people who have some interest in this topic, already knew this, and those who ignorant, just ignorant, but believes that they know THE TRUTH.

May be this helps you to understand why we are offended.
  23. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic. Can i ask you??? Have you ever read real history books, or talk with real peoples who saved your life??? Have you ever asked yourself what if Hitler had won WWII? What if USSR and Allies cold not have won the WWII? Who gave you the right to pollute the history of several countries? Who gave you the right to desecrate the memory of those who died in the war. They saved your worthlessRelic. Can i ask you??? Have you ever read real history books, or talk with real peoples who saved your life??? Have you ever asked yourself what if Hitler had won WWII? What if USSR and Allies cold not have won the WWII? Who gave you the right to pollute the history of several countries? Who gave you the right to desecrate the memory of those who died in the war. They saved your worthless life. I`m talking about all countries whacked with Hitler.
    Joseph Goebbels loudly applauds you. Shame on you. PLEASE remove the game from stores that glorifies Nazis.
  24. Jul 26, 2013
    I was born in USSR. Now I live in Belarus.
    Deceitful scenario about a difficult period of my country during the Second World War. Absolute lies, propaganda of fascism and russophobia in its purest form.
  25. Jul 26, 2013
    Dear Americans. I apologize for my English. it's sad to see that the propaganda in your country has reached such proportions that you, you former allies in the fight against evil hell of Nazi Germany, blaming the fact, that we began war. The Soviet Union and Germany would never be allies. On the contrary, the Soviet Union called on the world community together to resist the threat, butDear Americans. I apologize for my English. it's sad to see that the propaganda in your country has reached such proportions that you, you former allies in the fight against evil hell of Nazi Germany, blaming the fact, that we began war. The Soviet Union and Germany would never be allies. On the contrary, the Soviet Union called on the world community together to resist the threat, but the countries of Europe deliberately pushed Germany into the war against the Soviet Union, hoping to finish off the winner.
    Why do I care.
    The fact that the main harm to such fictional stories are not applied to us. This story is for you. You can not just say that "white" is "black" and "black" is "white."
    50 years ago, Nazi Germany was an absolute evil, and the Soviet Union and the United States was protectors against evil and savior of all mankind. And no one could say anything against it, because the truth was obvious.
    Then some people started the "white" USSR paint the in the "black." Blame all the possible and not possible sins. But the can't immediately say that USSR is “black”. There was also a "black" Germany.
    Then they started to look for "good" people from the Nazis and add white colors in "black" Germany.
    20 years ago some people started to say that Germany and the Soviet Union both the evil country, that is, the two countries have become "gray".
    And this game is the first small step, mainly for children and teenagers. In this game, they say, that we are Russian killed 17 million of our civilians. That we ourselves have shot 10 million of our soldiers. But the Nazis were not so bad. Follow magician hands. Now, white is black!
    Do you really think that this is just for fun? Smell to the stink that carries to you by the wind of the new stories. It is the stink of death camps, gas chambers and crematoria out of you town. Because "black" Nazis were not able to come to power in you country before. But soon they will open the way. And the Nazi flag will hang on the white house. And then out of the “country of the hope" for many people, you'll turn into a nightmare of humanity.
  26. Jul 26, 2013
    USSR story line is just great! I've never seen it from this original angle! So true characters! Thank you. Hitler would have played this game with pleasure.
  27. Jul 26, 2013
    CoH2 is a dumbed down version of CoH. The UI is a mess and the whole game feels gawky to me. Sure the explosions are nicer but I prefer CoH's graphics over CoH2's. The commander trees aren't as diverse as the regular CoH and just feels like a mishmash of each other so gameplay tends to be the same over and over. Multiplayer games tend to be a who can pump out vehicles/tanks faster. IntelCoH2 is a dumbed down version of CoH. The UI is a mess and the whole game feels gawky to me. Sure the explosions are nicer but I prefer CoH's graphics over CoH2's. The commander trees aren't as diverse as the regular CoH and just feels like a mishmash of each other so gameplay tends to be the same over and over. Multiplayer games tend to be a who can pump out vehicles/tanks faster. Intel bulletins were added to "reward" players the ability to customize their units further after they have achieved a certain milestone in the game. This ranges from using x ability y times or killing x unit using y unit using z ability a times.
    Campaign-wise, CoH2 is basically a B rated Hollywood movie with a generic storyline that you can find in any Hollywood WWII Soviet front movie or even Cold War era Soviet side specific movies. It's honestly very boring and the characters are just bricks. The campaign itself doesn't take any skill to complete since you're able to summon as many free conscripts as you can while the enemy AI doesn't advance forward and capture/re-capture points you've taken from them. There's no skill needed at all.
    With that said, CoH2 is not all that bad. True sight and vaulting are nice features that will allow you to diversify your offensive/defensive. Cold tech is an alright feature and it's obvious that it just had to be there.
    Overall though, CoH2 just fails to meet my expectations. As a big fan of CoH, it really fails to impress me and entertain me as much as its predecessor. In my opinion, it's not worth the $60 price plus whatever Commander DLCs you want to add to that for additional purchases. This is a $20 game and $30 at best. Maybe in a few months/years when all balancing issues have been fixed and unique commanders have been put out it may probably be worth playing. You're better off playing Men of War or the playing the Eastern Front mod for CoH. For now, I'll just go back to playing CoH... but... wait... even that's broken too. Server side that is.
  28. Jul 29, 2013
    WORST RTS in the world. It has bad graphics, gameplay and full of lies about real history of brave man of USSR who won this war.
    Relics become a crummy USa pro- politican firm.
  29. Aug 1, 2013
    Developers of the game is the next step to make a game where you can play a slave owner who killed blacks. Will be a lot of fun on this site a lot of trash pick up assessments. I think at least 95%. Sure everyone who plays this game long for the revival of Hitler
    Sorry for bad English for.
  30. Aug 1, 2013
    This game is full of biased anti-russian cold war propaganda. Non other game showed such ignorance terrible attitude to WWII people tragedy, courage and deaths.
  31. Aug 1, 2013
    If Relic made this pseudo-historical about American Army just imagine how could it be. To make this about USSR cowardly. Americans today don't know our history and this game is killing all Truth. If you hate Russia don't do such games. Creation is to create, and Relic is destroying many things with their "creation". This game deserves to vanish.
  32. Aug 1, 2013
    This game a Nazi propaganda. Most of all the political order, made for the purpose of the new fascism in Europe, Canada and the United States. We Russian gamers will block your game to the territory of the former Soviet Union you will pay for the insult to our dead ancestors. The Nazis!
  33. Aug 1, 2013
    If somebody this that "Metacritic is BROKEN. I have just seen over 200 user reviews clearly written by the same person." This is the reason why this start to happened?
    This is why!
  34. Aug 2, 2013
    Single-player story is telling about things that exactly happened. I heard about this from my grandpa fought in Division Totenkopf. Also i saw it in old films and read in Mr. Solzhenitsyn's books.
    This is a good game that telling a true stories. All hail Relic Entertainment!
  35. Aug 3, 2013
    Very bad game.
    Very bad game.
    A huge racist deception, those guys who wrote the script must be totally insane to make soviets (not only russian, but ukrainian, belorusian, caucasian and middle asian peoples united by one purpose and common grief) such a monsters, and those who agreed to use it are just criminals. All that is apart from game's quality of course, but as a russiaan, I feel heavily offended by it and Im not going to buy this and any other game from Relic.
  36. Aug 5, 2013
    Political trash. Nothing interesting.

-Bad AI,
    -gameplay copy from Men of War,
    -Little maps,
    -Tanks using HP.
    - Booring story
    -80€ on steam absolutely joke.
  37. Aug 5, 2013
    Developers, you simply nazi villains profaning a feat of the Soviet soldiers and officers. False nazi mongrels.
    Do not buy this game. It is not necessary to support stupid people.
  38. Jul 25, 2013
    Great distortion of all historical reality. Anti historical and illogical and untrusted facts. Really Nazi propaganda game F-off authors of this merde.
  39. Jul 23, 2013
    eto karo4e takoe gavno 4to gavno menee gavno 4em eto gavno! vse stavim noliki!! razrabov na kol i v pe4ku! fo maza rawa!!!! sovieti vpered!!!! ura ura ura!!
  40. Jul 23, 2013
    Learn history! moral freaks..............................................................................................................................................
  41. Jul 24, 2013
    My country is not Mordor, and i don`t like, when USSR depicted only like Evil Empire. In my country live good people, not orks. Please, dont make so lying games.
  42. Jul 24, 2013
    I'm not russian, but I did learn history and have spoken to people who actually fought in that war. From my point of view the campaign may be considered disrespectful and even offensive to some. You can play the game, but do not trust the story at all.
  43. Jul 26, 2013
    Joseph Goebbels would have played this game with great pleasure. The story line is a nonsense, hello Cold War again? Very disappointed, would not recommend.
  44. Jul 25, 2013
    We will not tolerate such abuse! The creators of the game They got out of their ass! We will not tolerate abuse of Stalin and the Soviet Union!
    Russia, Russia is my Motherland! And you don't have the right so to speak! Canada Canada You know people!
  45. Jul 24, 2013
    Keine Kaufempfehlung für Multiplayerfans! Warum? Ihr könnt euch nicht wie bei CoH1 die Maps Gegner oder den Modus wählen. Ihr bekommt zufällig eine Karte und eure Gegner und Spielt nur mit Siegmarken. Jedoch finde ich die Grafik nicht schlecht. Fazit: Singelplayer: JA Multiplay: NEIN, kauf dir lieber CoH1
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    very bad game for Joseph Goebbels fans
    The campaign story is awful, I think they used the same historical adviser from the movie "Enemy at the Gates"
  47. Jul 25, 2013
    Nuff said about plot

History is a complicated thing. And history of Great Patriotic War is much more difficult to understand. Especially when all your knowledge is based on Reagan's speech. Well, ok its your truth. You know, there are two truth. My and your. East and West. Сapitalists and Communists But The Truth.. Our duty to safe The Truth. It's possible in case combining of
    Nuff said about plot

But The Truth.. Our duty to safe The Truth. It's possible in case combining of both versions. But truth alone is sheer propaganga.

In game we see only West version, unfortunately... We see only your truth..

If you didn't really understand difference between truth and the truth, cos there are two words in russian "Истина"(the truth), as grand conceptand "God is the Truth" Jer (10:10)

And facts that used by politician to PR somethin

I hope, you got me. thanks
  48. Jul 23, 2013
    In single play mode this game looks like a trashy film. Russians kill each other without a reason, burn houses with women and children, drink all the time and looks like they are directly from Mordor. Really, no sense in single play at all. Dont buy if you dont want to loose your time. I was suppose to see a good game with bloody battles, but this is just a Nazi propaganda interactive 3d-video
  49. Jul 28, 2013
    Anti Soviet campaign make me sad! As in multiplayer this game, in my opinion, very disbalanced. German tanks much more stronger then any other soviet unit. If Germans have 1 tank it can easily rush your base. Not anogth tactics can be used as Soviet against German because of the huge difference between two camps.
  50. Jul 22, 2013
    Lie.Lie.Lie. Editors know nothing about war and history of ussr. They have seen Enemy at the gates and started think that it is real truth. RELIC pls buy some logic and brains.
  51. Jul 24, 2013
    This is the WORSEST scenarion I've ever seen. Mikhalkov, you are antiRussian propagander. But who cares... Childs will play and will believe it.
    Sad...
  52. Jul 24, 2013
    Joseph Goebbels would be happy this game. Unfortunately authors do not respect history. They are living in fantastic world and try to convince us that all these are true.
  53. Jul 24, 2013
    Piece of shame for scenario. Velichaishee govno iz vseh govnistyh igr sozdannyh kogda-nibudi, takoe govno daje ocenivat nevozmojno, govno, govno, govnischishe
  54. Aug 4, 2013
    I am not a citizen of Russia, but the story of CoH2 completely wrong. The answer of Relic on official forum "citizens of Russia see their story in good way only" incorrectly. Relic took wrong talking of history.
  55. Aug 1, 2013
    This game trivializes the history of the peoples who fought to survive the bloody World War II. My great-grandfather was a machine gunner and received several wounds in the arm, but survived. And I was ashamed only imagine what his work and deeds of many soldiers simply doused with mud for the sake of material gain. People praised the game, think about this... What if this game would beThis game trivializes the history of the peoples who fought to survive the bloody World War II. My great-grandfather was a machine gunner and received several wounds in the arm, but survived. And I was ashamed only imagine what his work and deeds of many soldiers simply doused with mud for the sake of material gain. People praised the game, think about this... What if this game would be about your country? Expand
  56. Aug 1, 2013
    Such a pitch of idiocy, slop and lies have not seen for a long time. I can see why the company has not been made for the Nazis "nasty Communists" must remain not shaded. Goebbels standing ovation.
  57. Aug 4, 2013
    This game is warped history (not just ours, but the whole the world). The script Company of Heroes 2 complete nonsense, lies, and the desecration of the memory of Soviet soldiers.
  58. Aug 5, 2013
    "The game can cause cardiac arrest and death of the WW2 veteran who fought on the side of the red army!
    Game is designed to teach children from an early age hatred for the Russian-speaking population of the planet... the Game is designed for nurturing a generation of people in the West who hate Russian people and ready to kill them for what they were born in Russia! Also, the game is propaganda of fascism and in every way to justify the crimes of Nazi troops including shifting responsibility on Red army! Canadian developers have demonstrated their slavish loyalty to the international terrorist USA and their skills fascist propaganda. So the game can cause cardiac arrest veteran of the great Patriotic War and is not recommended for sales on the CIS territory!
    Also I would like to check the authors of the scenario on the possible involvement of the army of Hitler! Perhaps they former guards Konzentrationslager Auschwitz! You should also immediately dismiss the writers of the game and it would not be bad to arrange a drift on the tank tiger on the hands of the authors of the scenario of the game! To script writers in their own skin have felt the brunt of the victory over Hitler!"

I agree
  59. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is a fraud, based on Goebbels propaganda, rather than any kind of historic sources. The monstrous Russian beasts vs poor German heroes (who killed 25 million civilians in USSR.. 25 million is 4 times more the Holocaust, you see..)

Any kind of historic sources the guys been using, are absolute BS. For example myth about "General frost". when Germans were advancing the

Any kind of historic sources the guys been using, are absolute BS.

For example myth about "General frost". when Germans were advancing the average monthly December temp was -12 C degrees. (not -50) And Russians had a supply shortage of warm things as well. The myth myth was created by German generals justifying their defeat from Russian forces.

About the machineguns shooting the backs of soldiers.. that never happened. Squads, stationed some 10 km from the front lines, overseen logistics returned 400 000 deserters to the battlefield.. and 10 000 were shot down only 2-3% of deserters... Such squads existed in every army since 1914.

And so on and so forth about just every aspect of the plot.
  60. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is made by and for fascists and Nazis. Full of terrible lie, with idiotic "his"story. Dr J. Goebbels would be proud for his successors in Relic Games.
  61. Jul 24, 2013
    I can't understand. What was that? I don't see any logic in the plot of the game. All these fictional facts, inadequate and illogical actions on the part of the Soviet Army.I know that NKVD was shooting everyone who was trying to leave the battle or soldiers which were captured by nazis. But burning own villages? What? I thought nazis were doing crap like that.
    What an idiot you have to
    What an idiot you have to be to make such a storyline?
  62. Jul 24, 2013
    Horrible plot, full of "cold-war" cliché and similar propaganda.
    The game itself seems like a step backwards from the original CoH.
    And I'm not talking about bad optimization, bugs, and lack of new content.
    Wasted money, don't buy it.
  63. Jul 25, 2013
    Dear canadian comrades joseph gebbels applauds you. This game is great gift for nazi!! Do not meddle with his dirty hands in the history of my country!
  64. Jul 27, 2013
    Stupid ideological thing. Not even tried to make it truthfull.

Evem if you are not russian, this thing is too offensive to buy. Faschists are good, russians are idiots, just like Goebbels made this game to have fun.
  65. Jul 29, 2013
    NAZI's propaganda... Totally deceitful story, showing Russians as beasts burning their homes and fighting with the enemy only under commands of stupid officers. It' unbelievabale how at the end they've captured Berlin if they were so stupid.
  66. Jul 30, 2013
    Just 2 recomendations.

1) Don't buy this sadly developed, in all aspects, game.

2) Relic, just fire the guy who wrote campaign scenario or at least make an effort and do some research in world war 2 history.
  67. Aug 1, 2013
    I bought this game hoping for a good company, about the heroism of ordinary soldiers And got about oskarbitelnuyu lies! My children in the war lost three brothers and two sisters. This game offense are all victims of our people have suffered! Thanks Relic, thank you comrades Nazis!
  68. Jul 22, 2013
    Apparently after fall of the Reich mr. Goebbels immigrated into Canada, had a child who later became a story writer for this game. It also seems that Relic's workers that were working on this game are also children of escaped nazis. There no other explanation for the ridiculous story for a game that is called Company of Heroes that contains no heroes whatsoever, just a bunch of mr.Apparently after fall of the Reich mr. Goebbels immigrated into Canada, had a child who later became a story writer for this game. It also seems that Relic's workers that were working on this game are also children of escaped nazis. There no other explanation for the ridiculous story for a game that is called Company of Heroes that contains no heroes whatsoever, just a bunch of mr. Goebbels propaganda. Relic should change their logo to a swastika and dedicate their future games to mr. Goebbels... Expand
  69. Jul 26, 2013
    The main aim for soviet solder is to kill civilians(better to burn them alive), other soviet solders (instead of nazi), and Polish partisans (just for fun) Did you hired Joseph Goebbels to write scenario for that 'game'?
  70. Jul 26, 2013
    USSR is no more than 20 years. More than 20 years there is no propaganda.
    But in the West, a cold war is not over yet. There's still used for Propaganda Goebbels works. The worst thing is that ordinary citizens believe in it.
    CoH2 example of such propaganda. It is time to show the truth and not Nazi American lie.
  71. Aug 4, 2013
    One big pile of lies and distortions. This game turns hisstory inside out, its creators deserve severe punishment! If you have a conscience do not buy this product!
  72. Aug 3, 2013
    I felt like I threw my money in the wind, CoH1 was so much better.
    First of all BUGS. Literally hundreds of them. Major one that pushed me to give this game 0 inability to connect to the Relic's servers. I payed around 30$ for this and I what did I get? I wasn't able to play online more than a month. A MONTH! Because they didn't feel like fixing this issue.
    Next, balance. It's broken
    I felt like I threw my money in the wind, CoH1 was so much better.
    Next, balance. It's broken as hell. Nazi side is OP as all hell and it seems there no intention of nerfing them.
    And last, story. Of all people I didn't expect Relic to stick to the untasteful stereotypes and idiotic chiche's. If they truly wanted to make something different, how about heroic USSR? But no, I guess 'MURICA doesn't accept that kind of thing.

Rating: Not worth the money. Buy CoH1 and download Eastern Front mod. It's much better.
  73. Aug 3, 2013
    While beta was nice, racist feelings against russians are unacceptable, u made one of main winner of WW2 look like a herd of stupid cowards, Goebbels applause for this pack of propaganda
  74. Aug 5, 2013
    I have been waiting for this game for so long! And whoa! got a sh*tload of stupid western propaganda right in the face. Relic was a lighthouse once but now it's only a bunch of liers and fools.
  75. Aug 5, 2013
    Is totaly bad game. Wrong history facts. Developers liars. I will never buy any game from this developers. Also developers dont know history and making historical facts from crazy minds of scenarists.
  76. Jul 23, 2013
    What is different from the RA3 and CoH2? In RA3 game developers openly joked over the cranberries, above stereotypes about Russian. In CoH2 developers vilify our grandfathers and say "TRUE", "TRUE", "TRUE" Sometimes when you're playing in CoH2 it seems that the developers too much attention to WH40k Exterminatus, the commissioners are just shooting soldiers...
    sorry for my english, but
    sorry for my english, but this game is realy
  77. Jul 23, 2013
    Total piece of (censored). Relic made it better than Goebbels could do. I'll never spent my money on products of any company which involved in release.
  78. Jul 30, 2013
    Full historical unauthenticity. Relic, It is shame! Stupid game. Don't buy it! It doesn't cost that money which for it ask. I so long waited this game. You disappointed me.
  79. avh
    Aug 2, 2013
    This game pretends to be historically accurate, but it's not at all.
    Plot is extremely important in this type of games, so it doesn't deserve big scores.
  80. Aug 4, 2013
    Then I played Company of Heroes 2 single player campaign. I’m yet to finish it, because it is literally painful to play something this dumb and yet so full of pathos. Developers got a couple of anecdotes about Russians and based a whole damn storyline on them.

From scenes with surrendering Germans being brutally murdered to soldiers abandoning their own comrades on a bridge Company of Heroes 2 paints Soviet Army as a fantasy evil empire. Mordor of World War II if you will. Orcs.

CoH2 manages to use almost every single Russia-related trope. Gulag? Check. Army without any weapons? Check. Russians shooting their own soldiers in the back sure, why not, they do it all the time there. Oh, and let’s not forget about cold weather and funny sounding names. By the third mission I was honestly expecting to see bear cavalry.

At least they got swearing right.

Too many things that Company of Heroes 2 does wrong.
  81. Jul 24, 2013
    Glauzer :
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  82. Jul 24, 2013
    Dear developers and scriptwriters, Hitler would be proud of you all!
    I was big fan of CoH 1, but never expected that sequel will become such dumb and unrealistic tale about Evil Soviet Empire and good Nazis.
    It's a slap in the face of millions of Soviet veterans, who fought and die for their country.
  83. Jul 24, 2013
    I highly recommend Relic study history before making games like these. What you did humiliating! What you did insulting!
    And, yes, we still remember our history.
  84. Jul 24, 2013
    It is anti historical game based on illogical and untrusted facts. It contains a little bit of truth. Be careful! It can harm your intellectual development!
  85. Jul 25, 2013
  86. Jul 26, 2013
    Screenplay is written by Nazis, one of the worst games Relic. Fans bastard Goebbels continued his work, it's just idiocy, as you can create a game and sell it??
  87. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic, I hope your company will ruin after this game. You really should read history books about World War II. Lev Abramovich Isakovich... Oh my god, Relic, go kill yourself.
  88. Jul 26, 2013
    Doctor Paul Joseph Goebbels would be so pleased. He couldn't even dream about such a monstrous lie. You haven't failed him, Relic. You did an exellent job in nazi propaganda.
  89. Jul 26, 2013
    Hi relic, i registered only to say that your game just awful, like COH 1 but with storyline written by nazi. Dont make such games if you sniff cocaine on history lessons at school. Play men of war and see how to make games.
  90. Jul 27, 2013
    It is completely acceptable to exaggerate national features in cartoon-like style like it was in Red-Alert where Red villains like cruel Sonya brought some flavour to the game plot.
    But it is completely unacceptable in a game pretending to have a certain degree of realism to depict as monsters, cowards and completely wretched persons those people who were involved in defending their country against Nazist onslaught and those people who later liberated Europe from this cruelest and yet powerful regime of XXth century which was Third Reich.
    Unfortunately playing with colorful display of virtual evil characters the authors of this game scenario crossed the certain line, where depicting a character in full depth BECOMES undistinguishable from racist and arrogant attitude to peoples of former USSR who lost indeed much almost every family lost someone in that war, and not burned alive by own soldiers, but while fighting nazis or due to bombardment of their cities or villages...
    Such racist and politically incorrect attitude to all which is sacred to every family here in Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and other countries is especially strange when coming from a country where you cannot call black person a or an invalid person an invalid person. Nevertheless you call our grandfathers, who defended their motherland ****s and invalids with every plot twist in this game.
    It's a pity, and it's a shame.
  91. Jul 27, 2013
    Mechanics normal, but the scenario is terrible. Probably written by the NAZIS.
    dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike
  92. Jul 27, 2013
    BS! There is no history behind this.
    That is not only the absence of real history behind this game, but the game itself
    I definitely do not recommend this game.
  93. Jul 28, 2013
    and I'm waiting for the third part of the game, I imagine that's how the player will have to destroy American aircraft bombing Detroit, that would learn to destroy Dresden. Or, as Canadian troops with tanks destroy the Canadian village in which there were civilians and U.S. soldiers are sleeping. To learn how to beat the Germans.
  94. Jul 28, 2013
    This game is Nazi propaganda. This game is full of lie. Joseph Goebbels is dead, but his cause lives on.
    Here not show heroes, here show only cowards.
  95. Jul 28, 2013
    This is not a game about history of the Second World War, this is something offensive and stupid at the same time. It is stupid because even a kid who knows just the most well-known facts about this war can understand that it's based on lies (why can some Soviet officer kill a Soviet soldier without any war trial? why can officers do that ALL THE TIME?) and it is offensive because it showsThis is not a game about history of the Second World War, this is something offensive and stupid at the same time. It is stupid because even a kid who knows just the most well-known facts about this war can understand that it's based on lies (why can some Soviet officer kill a Soviet soldier without any war trial? why can officers do that ALL THE TIME?) and it is offensive because it shows Soviets (Russians) as some orcs without any love to their country, any patriotism, any comradeship and compassion. It shows that Soviet soldiers were doing things Hitler did in fact killing civilians, for example.
    Hello, guys! We can understand what you mean by issuing this rubbish, because we aren't orcs, we are people.
    How about some Russian company making a game about your mothers being prostitutes? Why not? It will be only a game, you shouldn't be offended.
  96. Jul 24, 2013
    just a horrible single-coil company.Russians eating russians....lol. as one might think that the Poles wanted war with us?And the Russian war not because of fear of the execution of the order.They fought for the idea and the future. While the multiplayer is done perfectly.But in the single just a select cranberries.
  97. Jul 25, 2013
    i dont like lie.
    odinvpole said:"Best game ever. Just try it. Truth about Soviet tyranny and horrors of war. Do not believe the massive dislikes this game has a brilliant plot and optimal elaboration. Many thanks to the developers for such a stunning game."
    this is lie.
  98. Jul 27, 2013
    I'm not from Russia. But you have built a piece of on the graves of heroes. Learn the history; read and think more, use your own head, not your ass or some kind of 'propaganda'...

It is a pity that the dead will never be able to tell the truth about this terrible war. But every nerd has the ability to tell any deceitful ****.

Shame on you.
  99. Jul 29, 2013
    russophobia and a set of myths about the heroism of the Soviet people. Developers like the Nazis rather than a Russian who saved their asses.
    Storyline like the idiots who do not have representation of the herois

1. Oct 7, 2013