• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
1.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 5802 Ratings

1. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is a fantastic game. This game is by no means a perfect score, but is worth a purchase. First off, the theater of war campaign with a friend is completely enjoyable and allows you to play as both the Russians and Germans in their separate campaigns.

The AI is not as bad as people think. Playing on a EASY AI is technically easy, but the AI does get more difficult faster,
    depending on the difficulty put on. The skirmish fights are very enticing and enjoyable as well. There is a lot of action, and of course explosions that bring what WW2 had to the table. The only thing that I have seen that I would not mind changing, is the resources (Oil, Ammunition) were a little more available as the first Company of heroes. The full on customization of your commanders and the tech trees you want to bring to the battlefield is completely brilliant. It allows for users to really dig into their roots and bring out their own specific play styles.

This game once again, has been very enjoyable thus far and I continue to play. Come and joy me, as Company of Heroes 2 is a breath of decent fresh air. Good luck and have fun!
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    Being a person who, according to steam, has played the original company of heroes for 272 hours and the beta for so far 52 hours am a bit of a subject matter expert in Company of Heroes. This game is fantastic. It is more balanced than the original and with the advent of more MOS's/ Generals has in my mind greater replay value. The ability of certain units to dominate the battlefield early has been handled nicely with manpower becoming more scarce as unit upkeep takes its toll. Artillery has more of a primary role in this game, as tanks have a game winning quality in later stages. All in all I couldn't have hoped for a better sequel and am completely amazed that so many people despise this game. I think that an odd blending of nostalgia and elitist irony are to blame. Expand
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a great sequel of the original and definitely lives up to the expectations of dedicated fans who waited 7 years for it to come out.

The game feels similar to Vanilla CoH simply because the system used in it was so successful, cover, randomness and all the amazing features that were never experienced before in a RTS game.

The game is very specific, one and only
    standing out of the crowd, you have to love the way it feels and plays, unlike StarCraft and other similar RTS, CoH has the randomness factor and lacks exact numbers so you cannot really predict how the engagement is gonna end up, unit counters are purely situational and the only thing stopping you from being creative about the tactics is yourself!

There is a lot of hate in the scores, they are absolute bs, game is relatively cheap for standard edition, not more expensive than any other new release, and the exclusive red start edition which is in fact £70/$100 is not required, I got it since I love Relic and their work, but the only think that I have and others does not are skins (cosmetic changes) and Theatre of War, Single Player/ Co-op missions.

There is no exclusive content that gives you advantages in multiplayer over other people so please stop whining.

As to the political hate. This is World War II, eastern front, Russians vs Germans, fair enough, both of them were hated by some, but ffs this is a VIDEO GAME, Russians were tyrants just as Germans were, not all of them, but they were, I know this well having some insight into the history and coming from Poland that used to be under the occupation of both factions, if you ask me? Russians were much worse than Germans at times, yet everyone cries about showing them in the bad light.

"Not one step back" was a thing and a lot of Russians died fighting for the Motherland, deal with it. They murdered, raped and pillaged, MUCH MORE than German forces advancing through some countries but this is a political discussion and we are not here for this.

The game is amazing, definitely worth buying and playing for the next 7 years until Company of Heroes 3 comes out.

RECOMMENDED!

Just Dawid.
  4. Jul 2, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 does NOT present any impressive momentum as if its predecessor did at that time. Instead, the developers choose to stay docile and complacent on their faded legacy. Once did they pioneer a fresh strategy genre truly revivifying the gaming experience, but not anymore. Some players would also point out the unnecessarily complex graphics making the controls not that pleasant to command/operate multiple units, and navigate the battlefields. Expand
  5. Jul 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull***bull*** Expand
  6. Jul 24, 2013
    Glauzer :
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  7. Jul 27, 2013
    Very deceitful game! Why would someone ever need to slander the Soviet Army? This could be done only those who are themselves on the side of the Nazis!
  8. Jul 24, 2013
    Bugs, crashes, price in steam are you joke??? Anti-Russian games. Relic and Sega faithful followers of Goebbels. Read what historian David Glantz, perhaps the foremost authority on the Russo-German writing about myths and realities of WW2, not comics
  9. Jul 25, 2013
    The grandfather of the author was a SS-man? Game sick imaginations of the real nazi. Hitler and Goebbels are proud Relik!
    I don't advise to buy this stuff.
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    illogical, anti-historical, delusional piece of This story based on Gebbels's diary, he applauds you from hell, Relict. And special thanx to "1C softclub", you bastards.
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    I am from Ukraine. Occasionally i saw walk through from some single player missions, after that i was read about "true history of WW2, shown in game".
    I think that people just never saw any documents about WW2.

Fairy tale about Bear with balalaika in soviet troops much more close to truth, than stupid lie about burned houses with civilians, killed by Red Army
  12. Jul 24, 2013
    First of all, I'd like to tell that i adore Relic games a lot. I'm used to be a Warhammer 40k fan back there in school. I've fallen in love woth CoH1 came out. And I've really thought the next game in the line is going to be just as great as the others were.

However, that did not happen.

Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really
    care for a single simple reason: CoH2 is a single product that has both multiplayer and singleplayer. And as far as it does, the multiplayer can't be judged apart from sp campaign. Let's get some little illustration here. Think of an ordinary healthy man that lives his life. He's engaged in all sorts of stuff here and there, he has awesome looks and pretty epic tell-a-tale skills. That's CoH1. Now cripple that guy! Take away the left hand from the poor thing. He's still able to perform most of the one-handed operations, right? In fact, that man can be great at doing some things. But he's still handicapped. Same things are said now about the COH2. Multiplayer is just fine. It may be the best in the last few years, and I think many of you, folks, agree to that. It's a right hand of the guy from the illustration above. Singleplayer camp. has a lot of 'tight spots' that are at least questionable. It's not the stuff most people buy CoH2, but it is the certain part of a game. It's a brutally severed left hand, that for some unclear reasons holds together w/ the body of a man mentioned before. What do I question in the sp c. myself? Let's see to it. 1. Start the beginning the protagonist's name. What kind of nonsense is that? Lev Abramovich Isakovich is a jewish name, well, and it's impossible to believe there even WERE any jews in command in Red Army. Them jewish people weren't welcome in the USSR that time, not at freaking all! Tell me about symbolic meanings and all, yeah. If you're talking of symbols, take a portrait of some really well-known commanders. None of them were jewish. Disclaimer: I'm fine w/ jew guys, I'm no nationalist or something. But in the CIS countries anti-semitism is still strong A LOT. Putting that name was a MAJOR mistake and a capital offense to the people there. You do call the story authentical, but it has nothing in common with the official history course in Russia. That looks really bold. Please, give out your sources! Do it so people could see why 'the main plot of the game has to be so close to the truth'. Because if you don't the arguers consider that a fiction-based anti-russian propaganda! Quotes are questionable, too. Some of them are not even related to the WWII, some of them are taken out of context to complete the story gaps. Meaning of those torn quotes is changed a lot w/ context. The ingame battle of Stalingrad is based on stereotypical images from mass media sources, not historical ones. If you ask me, I honestly believe that it's not your fault there. You're not russians yourself, neither you do speak the russian language, right? So you've asked for an outside expertise that FAILED. But it was you, Relics, who made a game, not some russian so-called-historian do**s. List of the caught nonsenses: Large number of soldiers don't have any weapons. That may be real for the militia, yeah, but not for the regular army. And if we're speaking ab/ militia, it's like the lack of weapons there never crossed the 15% line (for personal weapons). All of the soviet soldiers have pre-war rank insignia and outdated uniform. You can see the officer uniform here, and here you can get both the soldiers' and officers' uniforms. Ineffective soviet army tactics, leading to the inappropriate casualties. Here you go, a link on casualties that has all you could ever ask for both documents and calculations. The whole surrending german cutscene and all the commentaries on it. If that was taken as a symbol for what soviets did regularly, well, why there is more than 1,7 cumulative POV count on the german East? It look more like a lie, you know. The 'Scorched Eart' part is well... let's put it mildly, disgusting. You may be not aware, put soviets never killed own civilians like that. There are NO documentary sources telling that. Not. A. Damn. One. I've looked for it for more than a week, and I've found nothing. I've asked my university teachers if that's right... They've said it's just a nonsense. What you do show there is more like nazis did! You see, a large part of hatred there is because you show soviet people as monsters! That 'scorched earth' thing refers ONLY to germans, pulling off the USSR in 43/44. Wanna proof? Here you go! And that's just a start. I've taken too much of your time already. You may think of whatever you like when talking on WWII in Russia, you may put all your hatred towards soviet people in any way you like that's your dirty choice, Relics. But do not count that russians are going to love that bulls**t you're putting in for a plot in CoH2. If you really do care about the people who buy your game, you'd better put a notification in the start of sp campaign like 'This story is fictional. It has nothing common with the historical reality in mentioned locations and may be utterly offensive. Do you wish to continue?' The other way, that seems a lot better to me, is to build a different edition of CoH for CIS countries. Just remove the whole singleplayer campaign and put it to the stock on reduced price (as far as it's not the full product). Thanks for reading, anyway. Hope that will clarify a bit the situation for both Relics and english-speaking CoH2 fans. Expand
  13. Jul 26, 2013
    real crap game. The company who did it real scums. No more money for relic games.

You must to burn living inocent people by flamethrower in some missions.... damn, its real crazy crap. People who like this seriosly mad.
  14. Jul 24, 2013
    The bought critics, without knowledge of historical realities. The company that let out this simply on names has to be presented to the public for censure. Translators and people concerning to these 'to 'game" with the Russian nationality have to be condemned under article U.K. Russian Federation 281, 130, 282.
  15. Jul 24, 2013
    Another AntiRed game. Why not? I'ts like a mainstream today to show, khm...to show "how brutal was the russian tiranny". Thank God I ain't bought it. Played it on my pal's PC.
    If you american? buy it.
    If you don't give a to realy history? Sure thing buy it, you'll love it.
    If you're pretty sure, that there was some tiranny in USSR? Game's made for you.
    If you sure that russian soldiers
    were killing women and children? I feel sorry for you and...YES! This game was made for you!
    Rest of you, those, who still can think with your heads stay away form this game.
    "Historical" bull****
  16. Jul 24, 2013
    This game distorts history of my country
    I would not like my grandfather shed blood for our Motherland looked in the eyes of my son idiot.
    The law of the market the demand why users to impose an unwanted product?
  17. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all.
  18. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps
  19. Jul 24, 2013
  20. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely insane scenario, insulting the honor of the Soviet soldiers and the commander in chief, who gave their lives and the Soviet Union liberated Europe from fascism. Comrades NOT buy this .Belarus, Grodno. Expand
  21. Jul 24, 2013
    contra:
    - Absolutely non historical campaign, controverting with even simple logic.
    - Various attempts to defame USSR and the leading role it played in achieving victory in war against fascist Germany.
    - Non realistic characters with very strange behaviour.
    pro:
    - Awesome graphics
    - Stunning animations
    - Great level of weather realism
  22. Jul 24, 2013
    very respect Relic. I ve been playing CoH and Dow since 2006. But when playing Company of heroes 2 you get a feeling that the game is a kind of hackwork to earn money
  23. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is full of nazi propaganda, according to Joseph Goebbels works. Absolutely russophobic game, full of hate and violence to Homeland and ancestors of millions of Russians, Ukrainians, Byelorussians and many other nations of former USSR...
  24. Jul 24, 2013
    Another pathetic attempt to re-hash the worst myths of WWII. No one claims it was all rosy on the Russian side, but come on... How bout you do similar game about "evil and immoral" IDF soldiers blasting Arabs? How long would such a game last?
  25. Jul 24, 2013
    Game completely distorts the history of the WWII and offends the feelings of Russian, do you are avenge the loss in hockey 30 years ago? shame on you relic!!!
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    Game developers too fond of Nazis. The entire game is imbued with hatred for the Soviet soldiers that defeated fascism. Stalin did not like the gift rastrelivat moral monsters. Too bad he came to Canada.
  27. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a piece of anti-Soviet and anti-Russian propaganda. It insults any Russian and humiliates the memory of the fallen warriors. Wake up, guys, the Cold War ended more than 20 years ago.
  28. Jul 24, 2013
    This is not a game, it's a slap in the face. My ancestors put health, youth and life is not for seventy years later, the descendants of those for whose freedom they fought, and watered them and their slop feat.

I apologize for my English.
  29. Jul 24, 2013
    As a huge fan of the first COH and Relic's long list of AAA titles, I really expected to like this game. For all the reason others have listed, this game is monumental let down. I liken its failure to that of Diablo 3; we waited how long for this?

Pay to win day one DLC on a game I just bought for $60. Shameful single player story and gameplay. Massively imbalanced multiplayer. There
    is no reason anyone should buy this game. Save your cash fellow gamers. Expand
  30. Jul 24, 2013
  31. Jul 24, 2013
    Okay, okay Games from Nazi Germany for a long time did not come out. Finally it came out, Goebbels happy. Advise developers to open at least once in life history textbook, disgusting game.
  32. Jul 24, 2013
    It seems that the story of this game came up with Dr. Goebbels himself. The developers of this game so much hate Russia and Germany love that they are ready for any lie?
  33. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic you are a company of nazi. But for the next game i have some ideas for you:
    1) Show how Stalin eats german children.
    2) Hitler with gebbels free a prisoners of Dahau from Soviet Union killers.
    3) Mission with Soviet Soldiers rape german woman.
    4) Soviet soldiers immune to cold wheather
    5) Killing own soldiers gives +100 to damage for nearby units.
    6) Where is Vodka and russian bears?
  34. Jul 24, 2013
    Dear developers and scriptwriters, Hitler would be proud of you all!
    I was big fan of CoH 1, but never expected that sequel will become such dumb and unrealistic tale about Evil Soviet Empire and good Nazis.
    It's a slap in the face of millions of Soviet veterans, who fought and die for their country.
  35. Jul 24, 2013
    I highly recommend Relic study history before making games like these. What you did humiliating! What you did insulting!
    And, yes, we still remember our history.
  36. HnH
    Jul 24, 2013
    Been waiting this game for a long time, but I've got piece of Anti-Soviet (or should I better say Nazi?) propaganda with pretty mediocre gameplay. I say propaganda because it doesn't even closely match the things that were really happening that time, I could say it as a historian by my primary education. And the second part, ofcourse, is bad gameplay. Actually this is not a strategy, it's more like an arcade. It looks silly after CoH1, and I can find no other excuse for this game to be released, than someone really wanted to start a new wave of anti-soviet propaganda. But the problem is that this game really sucks, even without looking scenario. Expand
  37. Jul 24, 2013
    Political trash. Falsification of historical facts. Shame.
    =================================================================================================================
  38. Jul 24, 2013
    wow doctor Gebbles and Adolf Hitler would be so proud...anti Russian propaganda is just overflowing... I mean really... game called "Stalin against Martians" has more historical reality than this.... "game"
  39. Jul 24, 2013
    It is anti historical game based on illogical and untrusted facts. It contains a little bit of truth. Be careful! It can harm your intellectual development!
  40. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic, send the employees back to school to study!
    Peoples, don't spend money for this poverty!
    This creation fascist promotion!
    Relic You Relic history!
  41. Jul 25, 2013
    The worst game about WW2. Falsification of historical facts. Really Nazi propaganda game.
    ============================================================================
  42. Jul 25, 2013
    Shame on you! Hope your next game describes genocide of native americans. Don't buy this "game" .
    The campaign story is awful, I think they used the same historical adviser from the movie "Enemy at the Gates". Canadian developers put their fears into game scenario. Awful.
  43. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game makes me strong disgust, so to distort the history of the Soviet people a must try, this game is similar to a farce ordered ardent opponents of our glorious past. Don't you dare to denigrate the honour of our ancestors YOU cannot get it Expand
  44. Jul 25, 2013
    It’s absolutely intolerable to deceive the public which doesn’t know the truth with false claims and data. Deliberate deception doesn’t make honor to Relic Entertainment.

The game "Company of Heroes 2" displays necessity of omnicide of “Russian barbarians” by German invaders who killed 26 million Soviet Union citizens (which is equal to current population of Canada, where Relic
    headquarters for the moment). Hitler attacked Russia with the same intentions: to destroy Russian, Jews and Gypsies. In response to these aggressive attacks our multicultural country united against Hitler’s troops to rescue civil citizens, but the purpose was not to kill them as it was shown in the game. If Stalin wanted to kill as many of his people as possible he wouldn’t resist Hitler. The Germans were killing Soviet people without assistance. The aim of the Soviet people in WW II was survival, but according to the authors of the game the Russian (for unknown reasons and without displaying any logics) practiced self-destruction.

So, the game "Company of Heroes 2" justify Hitler and the Holocaust deniers. This game will grow an army of people like Anders Breivik. We have to prevent a recurrence of the violence and return to the fascist madness.
  45. Jul 25, 2013
    Developers surely know nothing about what was real WWII. It defiles the memory of all the heroic people (and especially russian ones) who gave their lives for the freedom of mankind.
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    Read some historical books. Find some archive data. Even Germans didn't write crap as you show. Goebbels would be very proud of you.
    P.S. Next time you want make WW II game- just make some new DoW instead.
  47. Jul 25, 2013
    Too bad gameplay, Inapropriate campaigns, horrible game overall. Do not worth money and time. Consider to spend your time playing other games. Have fun!
  48. Jul 25, 2013
    ussians eating russians, great story, no history at all. Hello, we were people, not orcs! Bugs, frezes, too overpriced. This should be presented, but I have no idea to who.
  49. Jul 25, 2013
    Russia is a great country with a great history. This piece of makes us, russians, ukranians, belarusians ant other people of USSR equal with nazi. With people who burned alive hundreds and thousands of innocent people. If you met my grandpa, he will explain for you, mothef$$rs, what you must tell about that war. Burn in hell, Relic ent.
  50. Jul 25, 2013
    Who needs a nice graphic, game play, sound and music. when the story is completely LIES from beginning to end? Think, the script writer was some kind of nazi, or very strange who's main task was to show, that Russian people are not human. Is this what North America wants their citizens to believe?
  51. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was waiting for the game as for another possibility to touch to the heroic days, to see, at least on the virtual model, how this difficult job of motherland protection had been performed. And what I see in the replays on youtube? Soviet soldiers burns villages with soviet peoples? It is interesting are the game developers really believe that such happened? I would suggest producers of the game visit to Hatin in Belarus.. I have no idea where these producers studied marketing, of course I'll not pay m money for this "product". Expand
  52. Jul 25, 2013
    This game like a pile of and SO FULL OF LIE AND BAD FABLES! Well, that is a terrible propaganda and distribution of the false History. Сreators should be burned in hell for This.
  53. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shame for Canadian game industry. I will never ever try any other product of Relic games. This game is nothing but the fascist propaganda. Nothing heroic in this game because of lie. Expand
  54. Jul 25, 2013
    The game can cause cardiac arrest and death of the WW2 veteran who fought on the side of the red army!
    Game is designed to teach children from an early age hatred for the Russian-speaking population of the planet... the Game is designed for nurturing a generation of people in the West who hate Russian people and ready to kill them for what they were born in Russia! Also, the game is
    propaganda of fascism and in every way to justify the crimes of Nazi troops including shifting responsibility on Red army! Canadian developers have demonstrated their slavish loyalty to the international terrorist USA and their skills fascist propaganda. So the game can cause cardiac arrest veteran of the great Patriotic War and is not recommended for sales on the CIS territory!
    Also I would like to check the authors of the scenario on the possible involvement of the army of Hitler! Perhaps they former guards Konzentrationslager Auschwitz! You should also immediately dismiss the writers of the game and it would not be bad to arrange a drift on the tank tiger on the hands of the authors of the scenario of the game! To script writers in their own skin have felt the brunt of the victory over Hitler!
  55. Jul 25, 2013
    The game is absolutely insulting for every man, who lives in CIS. Disgusting, that people dare to scoff at soldiers,who defeated Nazis and saved billions of lifes in Europe and Asia!
  56. Jul 25, 2013
    This is an world imperialist propaganda. Trying to dismiss the Great Soviet Victory over nazi Germany. For a long time they are doing it and now it comes to the game industry. Do not repeat Hitler mistakes.
  57. Jul 25, 2013
    The worst case of nazi propaganda!

The game Company of heroes 2 is a typical Nazi propaganda, well, Goebbels was more skilled and not so blatant like the creators of this game but essentially it’s the same way of falsification and misrepresentation of the events of the WWII. If the purpose of the game was to present the war from the point of view of the brainwashed Nazi soldier then you
    did a good job but then don’t try to present it like “historically authentic”. Expand
  58. Jul 25, 2013
    This is my reply to this post by Noun on Relic forum:

[quote=Noun]I don't think we quite anticipated the tone or volume of the negative reaction. The number of vague death threats I've recieved today from Russia is pretty amazing.

Let me be clear. We had a large Russian player base in the original Company of Heroes and that's grown to become our third largest after the USA and
    Germany. Russians are valude members of our community, and we hope to be better able to serve them in the future. Most Russians who've played the game have given fantastic feedback. Some have even sent touching stories about how it's good to see a western company showing their side of the war rather than just doing another game about Normandy. Some of them mention their grandfathers or now great-grandfathers and where they served or possibly died. Much of the negative feedback is coming from people who have not played the game. Just like it's not the people who read Harry Potter books who want to ban them, or it wasn't Beatles fans who wanted to burn their music, this wave of angry feedback is being whipped up by people who have taken snippets of our campaign, placed them out of context and then told people to be angry about it. But of course it's kind of an honour to get the Beatles Harry Potter treatment if you think about it. Those who have actually played the campaign should see that we do celebrate the bravery of the common Russian soldier, and how just as in any other army it isn't about fighting for your flag or your government but standing there next to the man beside you because he's your brother and comrade. There are scenes where soldiers disobey orders to save other soldiers, and are punished for it. Ultimately the Soviet Union was a brutal dictatorship as ruthless as Nazi Germany. That's why our game isn't about Stalin, because he was no hero. Nor was Hitler. The game is, and always has been, about the heroes on the front lines who had little to do with the politics that surrounded the war. Lots of soldiers fought, on all sides, with bravery and honour. We don't deny that, and we believe we celebrate it with the game. However we also show a few of the problematic aspects of living in a dictatorship. Times were hard, and maybe it could be argued that Stalin's tactics were what won the war. That however doesn't mean that they didn't happen, no matter how we choose to try to remember our history. I'm a firm believer that a country should confront its past, even it's negative past. It gives us lessons for how to be better in the future. This isn't a Russian problem anymore than people burning Beatles records is an American problem or people trying to ban Harry Potter is an American problem. It's a small group of individuals making their country look bad because they've been told by someone on Russia YouTube that they have to be mad about something that has nothing to do with them. Now go out and buy more copies of the game so we can sell as many as the Beatles and Harry Potter. [/quote] Okay, i will say what i think about it: [quote=Noun] Those who have actually played the campaign should see that we do celebrate the bravery of the common Russian soldier, and how just as in any other army it isn't about fighting for your flag or your government but standing there next to the man beside you because he's your brother and comrade. There are scenes where soldiers disobey orders to save other soldiers, and are punished for it. [/quote] You see, just as the train cannot reach the end station against the will of it's operator, the war of this scale cannot be won againt the will of commanding officers and generals. As for the game, there are too many scenes where as you said "soldiers disobey orders and are punished for it", making it just too many to believe that this occurence was IN COMMON at the time. What you are trying to do here, is to expose an imaginary savagery of Soviet Union officers and generals, but it has so many flaws in details, that it's actually very easy to distinguish. [quote=Noun] Ultimately the Soviet Union was a brutal dictatorship as ruthless as Nazi Germany. That's why our game isn't about Stalin, because he was no hero. Nor was Hitler. The game is, and always has been, about the heroes on the front lines who had little to do with the politics that surrounded the war. [/quote] You exposed your intentions here. Comparing Soviet Union to Nazi Germany, making them look equal in the eyes of people who play the game is your ultimate goal or not your, but the goal of the propaganda behind this game. Nazi command was proven as criminals on Nuremberg Trials, Soviet Union was never proven as criminals, there are no documents that confirm Soviet Union command's crimes. I'm fine with making a game about heroic deeds of front line soldiers without politics, but it was you (Relic or someone behind you), who include politics in this game. And now you're receiving your deserved feedback. Expand
  59. Jul 25, 2013
    Shame! Why did you add such a shameful falsification to the game? It looks no like a computer game, which is supposed to be neutral, but like a propagandist pamphlet.
  60. Jul 25, 2013
    That is typical nazi BS. I think that this kind of pro-nazi stuff should not be sold anywhere at all. I wont to advise people to think about history and truth.
  61. Jul 25, 2013
    The game is a total lie. Distortion of reality and an reproach to the bright memory of my grandfather, who liberated the world from the Nazis. Developers burn in hell.
  62. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic, I will not play this game even if you pay me for every second of gameplay. And I will not by any your game. The storyline offensive to the 30 million Soviet Union people killed in World War 2. Relic, you shameful liars.
  63. Jul 25, 2013
    How about "Sneaky weakly russian without honour 2"? It's a good name for that thing.

Russian veterans clans deeply.

64. Jul 25, 2013
    Relic what are u fakin doing with history? this game story full of I'm from Ukraine and my grandfather told me that Nazi soldier burn our home and villages with people... Or you wana say that soviet soldier burn people in Konzentrationslager Auschwitz?
  65. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. https://vk.com/away.php?to=http%3A%2F%2Fen.ria.ru%2Fworld%2F20130725%2F182423287%2FRussians-Mobilize-Online-to-Fight-New-War-Video-Game-Company-Heroes-2.html&post=-25557243_292700 Expand
  66. Jul 25, 2013
    russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche
  67. Jul 25, 2013
    Worst multiplier experience ever. Dont get for multiplayer. Horrible optimization. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken. Expand
  68. Jul 25, 2013
    Thank you, bastards, for telling us that our grandfathers were all savages, mass-murderers and cannon-fodder. Hitler and Goebbels are greeting you from the hell.
  69. Jul 26, 2013
    The whole storyline is written by true followers of Joseph Goebbels. Not only many of the myths he invented are in use, but also quotes of russian generals are used out of context, that is simply unproffesional.
  70. Jul 26, 2013
    Old Gameplay, bad storyline. I think, that this game is producing by Hilter from the Hell. I buy it on the Steam and now i am very angry. I want to take my money back!
  71. Jul 26, 2013
    In this Company of Heroes are no heroes, only cowards.
    And burning buildings with civilians inside!
    But this is not Nazis burned the Russians, but Russians.
  72. Jul 26, 2013
    The game is lying about the history of the Eastern Front. My great-grandparents died in the war, I know how they fought and for what. This game is a slap to all Russian. Thank relic of Hitler and Joseph Goebbels.
  73. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic you know nothing about the history of our country so please make the games about your brave Canada nation playing hockey or doing anything else.
  74. Jul 26, 2013
    What?! It was my first reaction on this game. Just read real history books. One of the man here wrote that "This game is clearly a spit in the face of russian gaming community" I disagree, it split in the face of all russians.
  75. Jul 26, 2013
    Screenplay is written by Nazis, one of the worst games Relic. Fans bastard Goebbels continued his work, it's just idiocy, as you can create a game and sell it??
  76. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is from the people who are promoting Nazism. Neither the lie that it showed not the case. The game should be banned in the countries of the CIS.

77. Jul 26, 2013
    Nice NaziGame!
  78. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic, I hope your company will ruin after this game. You really should read history books about World War II. Lev Abramovich Isakovich... Oh my god, Relic, go kill yourself.
  79. Jul 26, 2013
    Gameplay is ugly and slow. Multiplayer either wan't start at all, or breaks just at start. Got moneyback next day after purchase.
    I recommend authors read at least wikipedia before starting next "historic" game. And buy a book at amazon about game development will be also helpful.
  80. Jul 26, 2013
    Now I know, what canadians think about us, Russians. What ignorant people. Not a damn word of truth were found inside the game. Sorry to see, how stupid people can be do make game like this one.
  81. Jul 26, 2013
    why is it normal to desecrate the history of the great country which is foreign to you? Hitler would love to play a game like this. Yep. Millions of people sacrificed themselves just for one photo.
    Let's develop a game about parents of this game's creator. His mother will be a prostitute trying to earn money for his father, who is a drug dealer in prison. We just have to find out their
    real names and photos. It's just a game, so it's nothing wrong to do so. Expand
  82. Jul 26, 2013
    Gulags, army without any weapons, Russians shooting their own soldiers in the back. All included. This is not a real strategy game, more like an JOKE.
  83. Jul 26, 2013
    Doctor Paul Joseph Goebbels would be so pleased. He couldn't even dream about such a monstrous lie. You haven't failed him, Relic. You did an exellent job in nazi propaganda.
  84. Jul 26, 2013
    How could sink into such a frank Can fill his belly is worth more than the truth. The Anglo-Saxons are constantly at war with Russ. Now the war has reached a new level the digital content. Dick to you, we will win!
  85. Jul 26, 2013
    Don't play it, if you don't want to be brainwashed. simply as that.
    the developers of the game should be arrested for making that kind of product. an offence to the world's history. also, the game is not balanced in multiplayer and overall not what players expected. stay away from it
  86. Jul 26, 2013
    Game from nazi developers to nazi players with love and pleasure.
    Frankly speaking, it's one of the most disgusting game I've ever seen. Nazi propaganda, historical incompetence, ignoring facts that the real face of this game.
    Hope, developers will meet real nazi and feel what is it in real life.

Actually, it is not just a game it;s an insult against every russian and, what is more
    important against every Word War II veteran. As for me this game has not right to exist.
    Every men who plays this game wupport nazi's. DIXI.
  87. Jul 26, 2013
    This is too much, perhaps, many have become accustomed to many games and especially do not take seriously the story, but it's overkill. so I registered here specifically what would express their dissatisfaction.
  88. Jul 26, 2013
    A shame to Relic! Soviet brave soldiers saves the world from Nazi in 1941-1945, but very strange game developers now trying to rebirth the nazi propaganda.
  89. Jul 26, 2013
    Could Dr. Goebbels make a better Anti-Soviet propaganda? Nazi crimes are swept under the carpet, and "NKVD crimes" fantasy created. Another mass-media product in the trend of Nazi apologists.
  90. Jul 26, 2013
    Hi relic, i registered only to say that your game just awful, like COH 1 but with storyline written by nazi. Dont make such games if you sniff cocaine on history lessons at school. Play men of war and see how to make games.
  91. Jul 26, 2013
    These are my criteria and scores for each of them: Graphics 0.0; Really, animations, particle effects, models i have such sense, that everything is from the beginning of the 2000-th. But system requirements are pretty high! Gameplay 0.0; Well, CoH 1 was much better in this aspect; Perfomance 0.0; I hate games with bugs! Even if it has great graphics bugs ruin all the pleasure from the gaming process.

Plot -1. Why? Because the story is an insult to my brain.

Price 0.0; Really, I think, creators of this ...erh...game should pay money not players.

The game looks cheap and raw. It has pseudohistoric plot, which indignities the hole nation. I hate myself for wasting my time, playing this game.
  92. Jul 27, 2013
    Relic believe it is better to know our history in one book, without going into the issue. They took the path of least resistance, and now studiously pretend that so be it, not responding to the criticism. False nationalist bastards.
  93. Jul 27, 2013
    Pointless and largely untrue term of events. American propaganda at its best with a clunky feeling interface. People who haven't played the 1st game might fare better, the rest of us were expecting something better not worse.
    The first game was much better as an RTS.
  94. Jul 27, 2013
    It is completely acceptable to exaggerate national features in cartoon-like style like it was in Red-Alert where Red villains like cruel Sonya brought some flavour to the game plot.
    But it is completely unacceptable in a game pretending to have a certain degree of realism to depict as monsters, cowards and completely wretched persons those people who were involved in defending their
    country against Nazist onslaught and those people who later liberated Europe from this cruelest and yet powerful regime of XXth century which was Third Reich.
    Unfortunately playing with colorful display of virtual evil characters the authors of this game scenario crossed the certain line, where depicting a character in full depth BECOMES undistinguishable from racist and arrogant attitude to peoples of former USSR who lost indeed much almost every family lost someone in that war, and not burned alive by own soldiers, but while fighting nazis or due to bombardment of their cities or villages...
    Such racist and politically incorrect attitude to all which is sacred to every family here in Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and other countries is especially strange when coming from a country where you cannot call black person a or an invalid person an invalid person. Nevertheless you call our grandfathers, who defended their motherland ****s and invalids with every plot twist in this game.
    It's a pity, and it's a shame.
  95. Jul 27, 2013
    Oh, there is a bunch of anti-soviet propaganda stamps. You collect almost all of them. Pretty enough to think a little bit and read even few real documents to understand that is all Shoot own soldiers, burn own people! Why, what for?! Why need to make a game whit this kind of script? To insult that few veterans who still alive and insult people who live in countries of ex-USSR? You are pretty successful in that! Are you glad? Expand
  96. Jul 27, 2013
    The game looks like P.J. Goebbels made. Lie, lie and another lie about Soviet Union, soviet people, soviet army and soviet Victory. Awful, awful campaign.
  97. Jul 27, 2013
    The worst scenario that could come up. Crazy Russian kill each other, while fighting the Nazis.
    Apparently the propaganda in the media is not enough..
  98. Jul 27, 2013
    Mechanics normal, but the scenario is terrible. Probably written by the NAZIS.
    dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike dislike
  99. Jul 27, 2013
    Of course, when the Americans were going to release another country, they went with honor.
    But when Russians go to defend their country they are afraid. The burning of their own people, their own civilians. Completely illogical plot in this game. Lie in the descriptions of the mission. Only anti russian minds people can make this game. Nazis!
  100. Jul 27, 2013
    Another "Enemy at the gates" buckets-of-raspberry storyline, but now without any entertaining action. I've could expect this from the youth-and-incompetent-oriented activision, but not from the makers of the good tactic game. I am very disappointed and offended. I would never buy this game or,from now on, any game from the Relic.

1. Oct 7, 2013