• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    For the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into thisFor the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into this campaign making it a chore to play through (besides that fact like some other users have pointed out I feel like the campaign is a slight bit racist towards Russians). Thirdly as you might also have guessed almost NOTHING HAS CHANGED seriously this is just ridiculous, basically what they have added is a semi-working version of true sight, weather (snow), Russians. As far as I can tell they haven't done a thing to improve the AI nor have they improved on any of the other hampering game mechanics. Really I don't see where all the work they claim has gone into this project is because as far as I can tell this is a DLC adding the Russians and little else. If your argument is if it works why change it then one they shouldn't make almost the exact same game and sell it as if it's a new release, second company of heroes has a lot of room for improvement so don't try to ruse people into believing the game was perfect. Expand
  3. Jul 3, 2013
    This is a joke. 7 years later we get this? I am referring not only to the amount of content (which is pitiful AND they are selling DLCs starting day one) but also to the scope of innovations (which is functioning in REVERSE). Gameplay wise this a dumbed down version of original coh that manages to run like on high-end gaming PCs. End of the story.
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to playThe performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  5. Aug 22, 2013
    The multiplayer is fairly good. But get this: in some ways its actually inferior to the original COH! Weird that the game should be going backwards! The UI is worse and the frame-rate issues suggest this was not properly play-tested or optimized. I have THREE big issues with his game, leading to a low review score: (1) Day one DLC! The game is $60 for goodness sake! It is rude andThe multiplayer is fairly good. But get this: in some ways its actually inferior to the original COH! Weird that the game should be going backwards! The UI is worse and the frame-rate issues suggest this was not properly play-tested or optimized. I have THREE big issues with his game, leading to a low review score: (1) Day one DLC! The game is $60 for goodness sake! It is rude and ridiculous to add 'free to play' features for a game that already cast 5X the going price for the original (better) game. (2) The absence of meaningful improvement in the game. (3) The bloody ridiculous anti-Soviet propaganda of the campaign. I'm not vaguely Russian, nor am I a lover of Stalin, whom we all know was nearly as bad as Hitler. But I agree with the score-bombing hordes of outraged Russian fans about this game. The Russians had a tough fight on their hands. They lost a lot of men and they were up against Tiger tanks, and MG 42s. In the end they prevailed, not with human-wave attacks, but with courage, tenacity and tactical skills learned against a fierce opponent. Not only that, Soviet generals out-thought and out-planned the German high command. The Red Army beat their enemy fair and square on the battlefield. And they deserve respect for it. The campaign for this game takes a totally inappropriate and historically dubious set of ideas and expands them into the main theme of the game: the Soviets were monsters. I guess we all learn from our mistakes, but Relic definitely facked this one up! Maybe with all the extra money they rip-off with their DLC they could do a big patch and fix up this stupid campaign!

THE GROT REVIEW CRITERIA: After a long time writing reviews like an anus, think its time to set something straight. Stop insulting designers. Show some respect for the design process and getting games in circulation. Hence (1) No Red scores. (2) Game scores as follows: Bad Game 5/10. Poor Game 6/10. Mediocre Game: 7/10. Good Game 8/10. Great game 9/10. Stella Game 10/10. To get 10/10 it must be a game that can be (theoretically) play-able for 1000+ hours. Not only great but near endless fun. Games may be bad or poor but making them should earn respect. Thus even the worst POS will still be a 5/10. 0/10 no longer exists in my vocabulary. Yellow is the new red.
  6. Jun 25, 2013
    Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  7. Jun 30, 2013
    Unfortunately, this game is a letdown, compared to the CoH 1. Less units, removed commander trees, less maps. And most of all uninteresting and quite political campaign, clearly anti-soviet, that shows all soviet officers as beasts, who sent soldiers to die and executed them every single day.
  8. Jun 25, 2013
    If you were a player like me that enjoyed fighting the computer more then humans, enjoyed base building, and enjoyed capturing all the points before going for the kill, this is not the game for you....The graphics are not an improvement over the old CoH. I honestly thought that maybe all that playing on CoH online might have meant that the producers of this game would have picked some ofIf you were a player like me that enjoyed fighting the computer more then humans, enjoyed base building, and enjoyed capturing all the points before going for the kill, this is not the game for you....The graphics are not an improvement over the old CoH. I honestly thought that maybe all that playing on CoH online might have meant that the producers of this game would have picked some of the greatness and put it into this game. Unfortunately they failed. they changed the whole design of having to pick your advances within your tech tree during the game. the camera doesn't seem to go out far enough to give you a half decent view. while ive only played as germans it seems the soviet stuff kills me faster then I can kill them. The AI sucks. I was really hoping my guys would have the common sense to take cover... I feel this game was tailored to the multi-player crowd. While that can be fun at times, sometimes you just want to play the AI. the days of building a strong defensive line are over. resources build slowly and while its a nice idea that you can choose what type of supply point you want to make, the cost, speed of construction, and toughness make them less then worthwhile. I don't feel the cost of units on the German side is equal to their effectiveness. overall, ive been looking forward to this game for a few years now. Im sad to say Ill probably keep playing CoH since this game fails to feel the same. maybe if they would have kept the interface the same (or at least similar) I could trick myself into liking this game, but they didn't do that....

I want company of hero's online back... id even pay good money to play that game....
  9. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH. Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH 8 years ago. The exact same thing with slightly new skins and voices. Well whatever I just hope people read this and save their money. Trust me when I tell you it's not worth it.
  10. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is aThe game is poorly optimized and can even bring the strong gaming PC's to a grinding halt and low frame rates, The storyline is very boring and although I have only played the first 3 missions it had me falling asleep and was tiresome. The overall UI of the game is not helpful, takes up way to much of the screen and the game it's self has a overall cartoon feel to it. This game is a MASSIVE step backwards compared to CoH 1 in my honest opinion. I have played over 200 hours of the original CoH and absolutely love the Blitzkreig mod but the health that the tanks have in this game is pathetic... it must take at least 10+ Anti Tank rounds to the side or front of the tank to destroy a tank and even shots to the rear armour are not that devastating. I know that everyone has mixed opinions on the game and just by looking at all of the people giving low reviews and other people giving 10's to even out the bad scores is proof that this game is not quite the game anyone was expecting. I never really enjoyed the beta after getting an invite and having multiple times were I was disconnected from the game when I have an amazing connection and not a lot of people on my network. I guess I will just have to stick to playing the original CoH with Blitzkrieg mode and HD textures... that is 100 times better than CoH 2.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do not buy this joke of a game... the original game "Company of Heroes" is superior in EVERY way to this game.
  11. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is a DO NOT BUY. Shallow content. CoH1 was far superior. Few maps, few units. Its as if they took our beloved original and consolized it. Performs poorly, maps are very uninspired and boring. Like city maps, sorry. This is a cash grab game and people that really know the first one will be sickened by this attempt.

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not enjoying it. They simply took the old game and swiss cheesed it, removed sweet features and content. The only positive thing I can mention is the variable weather but even that leaves a bit to be desired. Its more like snow blizzards that come in cycles.

Beware of fake reviews. After reading most of the reviews, most of the highly rated ones are blatantly bogus.
  12. Jun 25, 2013
    The games go has this- The Russian play their hearts out while the germans wait till they get panzers then win simple has that.
    Weather system is dumb since russiand rely on infantry so much and they still get affected by the weather putting them down for several minutes while the germans run in with their overpowered tanks.
  13. Jun 25, 2013
    While it looked promising during the beta the fact that Relic didn't even bother to put in any extra Multiplayer maps proves that they too have turned and have chosen to go for the easy money rather than the support of their community.

All they basically did since the beta is add the singleplayer campaign, that is it. The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together

The same four basic maps that didn't really feel well put together and were generally just boring to play are the only maps we'll be able to play multiplayer on.

Multiplayer is a pretty important aspect of this game, unfortunately the thieves at Relic are too busy grubbing over money to actually give two ****

Do not purchase this game or any games by Relic, these have gone Actiblizzard and will be pushing over priced DLC our way in no time.

Want extra maps Pay for 'em!

**** you Relic.
  14. Jul 6, 2013
    I was a big fan of company of heroes 1 I played it since the begenning. I played the demo and I was very disappointed with the gameplay

For me the winter thing just breaks the flow of the gameplay. Blizzards are fun the first time but it gets repetitive the 5th time and so one. The graphics arent optimized my pc is barely running the game above 30 fps and its a gaming rig.The UI is ugly you have 1 million icons and it takes too much space on screen. The camera is too close from the units and the collision detection is still terrible.

All of the german units were just imported from coh 1 with newer textures thats just a cash-in move seriously and many cool units are missing from coh 1 like the knights cross or the assault troops...

Also the russians are a way too weak the t34 could easely smack any cheap german tank and in this game its terrible. The germans are really overpowered in this game. The infantry deals less damage than the first coh 1 and there isnt any paratroopers its just a shame.

In summary this game sucks its a recycled version of coh 1 with eastern front units. Its just a cheap cash in save your money for some real games.
  15. Jun 29, 2013
    On launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IVOn launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IV and never look back. Expand
  16. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic had A+ programmers working on COH1... and B- programmers working on COH2. They main guy's who were in charge of COH1 have started their own company.... there sense of perfection is missing from this game.

This game looks like a cheap cross between COH and DOW seriously, it has an overall cartoony feel to it Shame on you Relic for making us wait 6-7 years, then serve this up as a sequel.

Overall review.... FAIL. I pre-ordered it, but after the Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta.... I don't even have the desire to install the released game !!!

Seriously the Russian buildings look like logs of poop where's the buildings seriously...

Pure Disgust
  17. Jun 26, 2013
    They ruined my favorite game, just like Dungeon Siege 3, they corrupted the great game to make it a 1st person shooter console feel. I am completely disappointed. I hate games like that which is why i don't have a console and only play PC strategy.

AWFUL POS version of what used to be the best game ever.
  18. Jun 26, 2013
    Bad optimization ,poor campaign ,stupid AI, minor changes from first COH.
    Very high price for this game,useless dlc with collections edition.
    On my ssd is a first game with long loading time about 30-40 sec.
  19. Jul 3, 2013
    Expected much more from this game!

The graphics are horrible and low fps problems, I see the same COH 1 with less content, expected at least teams COH 1, Afrika Korps some innovative content, but it has nothing. Regarding the price of the game is absurd. about this game, the Russians weaker than the Germans and the units cost more, I lost three T-34 tank against a panzer and so
    Expected much more from this game!

Regarding the price of the game is absurd. about this game, the Russians weaker than the Germans and the units cost more, I lost three T-34 tank against a panzer and so horrible, the game is unbalanced.

In short, do not buy.
  20. Jun 30, 2013
    Lack of multiplayer options you cant start automatch game with custom parameters: position on the map, and the maps itself are only random, and you can't browse for the other player's games. Custom games can be set up only against comps and your friends in steam. Too much network issues as in CoH1 sync errors, crashing and problems connecting to others players Snow maps are lagging evenLack of multiplayer options you cant start automatch game with custom parameters: position on the map, and the maps itself are only random, and you can't browse for the other player's games. Custom games can be set up only against comps and your friends in steam. Too much network issues as in CoH1 sync errors, crashing and problems connecting to others players Snow maps are lagging even on near-top pc's game is not optimized at all. For those who like to play PvP multi think twice if you want to buy it. Expand
  21. Jul 3, 2013
    This game has no SLI support, And relic have confirmed it never will.

Utterly terrible performance for such a visually poor game, Do not take my word for it, Download a "demo" version and see for yourself before you part with your hard earned cash.

Utterly terrible.
  22. Jul 7, 2013
    I very respect Relic. I ve been playing CoH and Dow since 2006.

But when playing Company of heroes 2 you get a feeling that the game is a kind of hackwork to earn money. In other words it is unfinished product. Why? - presence of sync-errors and numerous lags during multiplayer matches. It is a shame that after 7 years devs could not (or do not want) to eliminate this problem
    I very respect Relic. I ve been playing CoH and Dow since 2006.

Why?

- presence of sync-errors and numerous lags during multiplayer matches. It is a shame that after 7 years devs could not (or do not want) to eliminate this problem tailing since part 1.

- a bad optimization. Even with top-level PC the game will nor run smoothly.

- balance issues, the game is not balanced for 3 vs 3 and more matches.

- lack of an annihilation mode and opportunity to play this mode against random people. The lack of opportunity to select maps you want to play.( in this respect we can see some kind of degradations compared to vanilla CoH)

I hope Relic will take these vital aspects into consideration and will save the game from dying out
  23. Jul 25, 2013
    Very bad. The gameplay is old and uncomfortable. Military equipment does not meet the reliability. Yes, and spat on history. And most importantly the storyline is not interesting at all. Zero is zero
  24. Jul 4, 2013
    terrible performance issues same graphics as the old game absolutly nuthing has changed here i cant believe this scam they really are juts cashing in on the name no effort was made when making this game and it shows steer clear.
  25. Jun 25, 2013
    Nothing new here except crashes and errors. And I can't seem to get any help for the problems. Company of Heroes was a great game. This one has better graphics and music but a lot of problems. It is a waste of money. Skip It.
  26. Jun 29, 2013
    Micromanagement, twitch RTS. Too fast to enjoy. AI infantry swarms. Easy mode is too hard. Back to the original for me. Invincible AI infantry and little incentive to built advanced mechanised units. Spam infantry to win command point victory.
  27. Jul 25, 2013
    I rate this game so low for two simple reasons:
    1. The singleplayer experience is ruined with utterly offensive plot and disgusting gameplay issues. As far as Relics say 'it's all authentic' the pleasure of playing this is second to none.
    I rate this game so low for two simple reasons:
    2. The multiplayer experience is ruined by the major bug and performance issues. It has a lot of potential and can be improved, though it seems next to unreal w/ devs being ignorant and unresponsive.
  28. Jun 30, 2013
    Even worse than company of heroes 1 Game is the same except instead of usa you have russia.
    Gameplay is still horrible Group of infantry running casually infront of MG nests and not dieing Then they just sprint away Im giving this 1 point of out of pity 50 far too much for this game Should be 5
  29. Jun 29, 2013
    Invasive drm, ACT control is being used. Also servers lag a lot on every game I play. Worse part is skirmish have to be played ONLINE what a joke, Moreover, this is a $60 game but with so few maps and day 1 dlc, jesus relic. What happened to you guys. Really disappointed with the game.
  30. Jul 24, 2013
    The new word in the industry! Great graphics, great sound, and most importantly, smell the smell of ****
    In this game you will find a lie and a provocation, Nazi propaganda, the lack of elementary logic in the script. Perverted all that is possible, goats
  31. Jul 2, 2013
    Gameplay & graphics are good, but story is terrible and unrealistic. Tons of first-day DLC make it even worse, optimization could be better too... Campaign should be removed and remade from scratch.
  32. Jul 3, 2013
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    In AI, even being normal becomes strong and the human being who is unused to do RTS will leave this game immediately. Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased. It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion
    Relic should disappear at that time.
    It is greatly changed for the worse compared with the preceding crop.
    Moreover, thanks to the worthless RPG element, the workability increased.
    It did the user of the preceding crop plainly and RELIC which accepted only the opinion of the partial core user destroyed this series.
  33. Jun 28, 2013
    The game is pretty good, but has an intense amount of problems. The many betas did not solve and made severe balance issues worse. The engine is poorly coded and not optimized for Nvidia cards, and has no SLI support due to poor coding and optimization. The campaign and multiplayer are not historically accurate and are full of a lot of offensive propaganda and such. Do not buy this gameThe game is pretty good, but has an intense amount of problems. The many betas did not solve and made severe balance issues worse. The engine is poorly coded and not optimized for Nvidia cards, and has no SLI support due to poor coding and optimization. The campaign and multiplayer are not historically accurate and are full of a lot of offensive propaganda and such. Do not buy this game unless you have an extremely good gaming PC and are ready for a future pay2win. Expand
  34. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a nazi propaganda. Joseph Goebbels applauds to the Relics studio.
    From now on, i will never buy Relic games. People who made that game should be sued as nazi criminals.
  35. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic says this game is based on true story and that kind of stuff. What we really see inside is someone's imagination about some band of mad cowardish people who's only wish is to destroy their own people. Evil red army commisars, stupid and cowardish russian people and so on.
    That's not how it really was.
    War is a bloody thing but no need to make it absurd and demonize real heroes.
    That's not how it really was.
    War is a bloody thing but no need to make it absurd and demonize real heroes.
    Actually, the game is called Complany of Heroes but i saw no heroes there.
  36. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is warped history (not just ours, but the whole the world). The script Company of Heroes 2 complete nonsense, lies, and the desecration of the memory of Soviet soldiers.
  37. Jul 8, 2013
    I used to play company of heroes 1 a lot and it's an excellent game. Coh2 however is terrible. I played the alpha, the beta and the released version. The game play is sluggish and laggy. The game design is too plain simple and boring compared to coh1. It feels like the old panzer elite and british abilities are just randomly spread to soviet or german side and there is no innovative newI used to play company of heroes 1 a lot and it's an excellent game. Coh2 however is terrible. I played the alpha, the beta and the released version. The game play is sluggish and laggy. The game design is too plain simple and boring compared to coh1. It feels like the old panzer elite and british abilities are just randomly spread to soviet or german side and there is no innovative new features at all. Coh2 is graphic wise even inferior to coh1 and it's 6 years after the first game was published.

Now when the game is released I finally started the game and at my first automatch my opponent did disconnect even before the game started and I "lost the match". Next automatch I was put against a level 24 german. My level was 1 and I was totally roflstomp'd.

I wish I could have my money back.
  38. Jul 23, 2013
    If you care about real history don't buy it.
    Scenario of this game is trying to discredit and mix with dirt Russian history, giving the wrong idea of ​​what happened during the World War 2.
  39. Jul 24, 2013
    This is false, anti-Soviet, anti-Russian game that has nothing to do with the real history! It offends the memory of the entire Soviet people (at the moment all the people living in the former Soviet Union), who sacrificed their lives and fought for their motherland, their country, their people, their relatives.
  40. Jul 26, 2013
    Its lies about my history. Lies and illogicality in every detail: scenario, facts, quotes everything. F*ck you relic, I wish you die.

To all who loved this game. If you really want to know history just try to ask even me on kashey665@mail.ru but dont say any lies about my forefathers who died for my and YOUR freedom. For your information: 8 of 10 nazi's divisions were destroyed

To all who loved this game.

For your information:
    8 of 10 nazi's divisions were destroyed by Red Army (I dont count Italian, Romanian, Spanish and other foreign nazi division) and only 2 of 10 was destroyed by allied forces England, USA and other.
    And... nazis destroyed 14 000 000 civilians. Not soldiers. Civilians.
  41. Jul 24, 2013
    >Having all Relic WH40K games I expected better value for the price. Bad performance, crashes and silly plot. Portraying of Russians in a "historical" game was ridiculous. Orcs look like a charming persons compared with these "evil russkies".

Totally agreed. Sad but true.
  42. Jul 24, 2013
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
    But why to bother and read real history books? Let's just make another game about this terrible unhuman russians.
  43. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is full of propaganda cliches of the Cold War. It's just a mockery of fallen Soviet soldiers who gave their lives for the victory over Nazism.
  44. Jul 24, 2013
    Probably one of the most stupid scenarios in RTS games.
    It was surprised that in Relic there are a lot of admirers of creativity of Goebbels. Well, I will never buy your games.
  45. Jul 25, 2013
    I expected stupid clishes and some antisoviet propaganda in the game, but this crap is beyond imagination. Information war continues. Shame on you, Relic.
  46. Jul 24, 2013
    "Dirty, Russophobe, anti-Soviet propaganda.
    I'd like to send the developers at the time, they are even written by hand, which would be shot them in the back of a penal battalion.
    Do not buy or play this piece of cheap propaganda.
    Do not litter your brain. "

47. Aug 1, 2013
    Relics, you HAVE TO watch this review! Maybe you'll understand why so many people call you liars and why these people are right.

48. Jul 24, 2013
    This game represents awfully unfair one-sided point of view on the past of my country. I feel a real offence to the memory of my grandfathers. Shame on you Relic.
  49. Jul 24, 2013
    Worst game of 2013. Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans. Just another game about terrible russians. Why critic reviews so positive? Shame.
  50. Aug 5, 2013
    It's not a game it's piece of nazi's sh*t! Metascore 80? Are you kidding me?!
    It's not a game it's piece of nazi's sh*t! Metascore 80? Are you kidding me?!
    Citation (auto-translation): "In connection with the addresses of the users considering as inadmissible a number of episodes of game, the 1C-Softklab company made the decision since July 26, 2013 to stop sale of a computer game of Company of Heroes 2 (the developer Relic Entertainment, the publisher SEGA) in the territory of the Russian Federation and the CIS. At present we analyze a situation and informed on it the developer and the publisher of Company of Heroes 2."
    That's good. STEAM on turn..
  51. Jul 24, 2013
    WHAT. THE. ****
    WHAT. THE. ****
    This game is horrible, it offends me and history of my country. I would expect this from some cheap propaganda in 70-80s, but at this point in time there is no logical excuse to release this bogus clump of misinformed and ill-advised lies that you call "a story". I am glad that I didn't fall for the hype around the first part and decided to investigate further before giving you the money. (Also the product is overpriced. At this price point it better be AAA-hit, not this.) I hope this game is a failure and also, all of you at runic games, who made this possible I wish you all the worst in your life, you are horrible excuses for human beings.
  52. Jul 24, 2013
    Debility game, and with it, and the writers are morons and nazis. This is how we must not know the history of WWII, that would create such a guano. Barrier troops
    NKVD not creeping retreating, and deserters were caught in the rear and at railway stations.
    NKVD colonel because he could not command the troops, except that all the other officers were killed. The creators need to be mmurdered in for a game, but rather condemned for Nazi propaganda.
    P.S. I apologize for my English
  53. Jul 24, 2013
    Dear Relic historians! No doubt, Dr. Goebbels applause for your great work. Good for you not to show ritual cannibalism in Red Army. Seems it's just a "Revenge Time" for Nazis.
  54. Jul 24, 2013
    Lying Game.
    -------------------------
    Goebbels may rejoice in what brought him worthy successors.
    Pseudo-historical Russophobe trash.
    -------------------------
    support
  55. Jul 22, 2013
    This game utter no relation to the real istorichekim events is not available.
    The game is a disgusting piece of Goebbels's propaganda, all the that poured Nazi propagandists collected in this game.
    Like pouring mud insult my grandfather died in 1947 from a severe wound.
    Fascist bastards who live in Canada, I'll be with you suing.

I sued the developers and distributors of the game!!!
  56. Jul 25, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.
  57. Jul 23, 2013
    In this game, there is nothing about the second world war. only lies! The creators of the game do not have representation that it really is. SHAME ON YOU
  58. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic Entertainment! The second this game was finished and sent for sale you managed to:
    - loose a fan.
    - loose a customer
    - loose your shame
    Good job.
  59. Jun 25, 2013
    Company of heroes 2 has taken all of the good things that made CoH 1, refined them, and then added yet even more.

Whilst the campaign came across as a repetitive and numbing, this game truly shines in its "Theater of War" and Online skirmish modes. Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles

Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles collide with battlefield obstacles, sending broken props flying in all directions, whilst gunfire and mortar fire ring out from every direction. Overall, visuals and battlefield sound fidelity are superb, serving to draw you into the tense, ceaseless atmosphere throughout the course of the battle.

The theme of asymmetrical warfare that was evident in CoH 1 has made a triumphant return, allowing a whole host of fun abilities, commanders, and units to play around with in battles.

AI pathing and vehicle controls have been significantly refined since CoH 1, allowing faster response times and greater freedom of movement throughout the map. However there are still a few issues when controlling large groups of forces, as often times these blobs can bottleneck, causing a degree of frustration.

Theater of War allows the player to play solo, or cooperatively, along the course of World War 2 on the Eastern front, spanning from the initial invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, to the fall of Berlin in 1945. This mode allows for an interesting historical look at the game, whilst meeting your demands for action, chaos and challenge!

Whilst there is a slightly steep learning curve for those new to RTS, and in particular CoH, I can guarantee that if you stick with it, you'll not only be able to stand a chance against some of the better players, but you'll also have hours upon hours of high destruction fun.

What more can you ask for?

60. Jul 25, 2013
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  61. Jul 23, 2013
    fascism is back.
    Campaign scenario is written by Adolph Hitler.
    Real heroes who wins WWII were humiliated. Everybody knows that america won fascism. And surely germans were very good people. But: http://www.russianswords.com/Stalingrad-sword.htm http://www.buchenwald.de http://en.auschwitz.org All of these links is nothing. Russian soldiers was cowards, and only good american
    fascism is back.
    Campaign scenario is written by Adolph Hitler.
    And surely germans were very good people.
    But:

All of these links is nothing. Russian soldiers was cowards, and only good american guys save all... in 1944.
  62. Jul 24, 2013
    Nice nazi propaganda here. "Repeat a lie a thousnd times and it becomes the truth." Hitler and Goebbels would be glad to play that games from Hell. Sad thing. In past they made Homeworld and Dawn of war, and now they just create a company of heroes 1 with nazi propaganda in story mode.
  63. Jul 25, 2013
    I can't play more than two levels. It was boring and absolutely insane: why the Russians would burn houses with Russian people inside? It is the stupidest game about WW2 I have seen so far.
  64. Jul 24, 2013
    this game it's a disgusting lie. My grandfather was in the WW2 and told me what happened. War is terrible, it is not the Soviet Union began, but through the suffering and pain of our grandfathers nobly won
  65. Jul 25, 2013
    shame on Relic. Let's make a game where US or canadian or whoever soldiers kill children, rape women and do whatever they want, and then we'll say that its just a game and not all of this is truth and shouldn't be taken seriously what do you think the reaction of that country would be?
  66. Jul 14, 2013
    I am a huge COH advocate but COH2 is not the same as the previous title, do not be fooled by the amazing graphics effects, art work and soundscape. The most pleasing feature of all is the Army Customizer, it offers lots of new features and additions to gameplay, many of these can be obtained through over priced DLC.

This is what ruined the game for me: No Defenses, tank traps and

This is what ruined the game for me:

No Defenses, tank traps and dragons teeth have been removed from the game.

Maps The maps are vast and greatly detailed, however they are very open and no choke points are to be found. It's a mobile fast paced game, not like before. It feels like they removed all defense from the game to encourage people to "NOT" play tactically.

Overall the game is pretty but don't buy this, the game play is awful, I wish I had my money back.
  67. Jul 22, 2013
    That was one of the worst game plot I have ever seen. Zero percent of truth. COMPLETELY political. One word to describe Nazism. I wish die and suffering to creators.
  68. Jul 23, 2013
    Dear developers! Or, if you prefer, dear Nazi propagandists!

You are worthy successors of Goebbels's propaganda. Hitler should be proud of you!!!1111
  69. Jul 24, 2013
    You are lies. 150 symbols is not comfortable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=skas_Am2IeE is normal critics for that game, i want only set scorer for your post, didn't want to set my comments.
  70. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic, shame on you! Scenario was written by nazi or illiterate jerks. For reference, 70% of nazi soldiers were killed on eastern front. Russian soldiers did not burn their own villages and did not kill their own citizens. They killed nazies and died for their country and soviet people. And they saved the world from greatest evil on Earth. You desecrate them, Relic. This is disgrace.
  71. Jul 24, 2013
    For the sake of historical justice people must know that the scenario in this game is full of propaganda and false facts. The publisher must notify customers about that before purchase.
  72. Jul 24, 2013
    Hitler would be pleased by this game's scenario. The game is full of lies. My grandfather died in a german concentration camp, 14 million of civils were simple executed by german army burned in their houses, shot, raped and you tell me its was Soviet Union was the monster?
    Shame on you, Relic.
  73. Jul 25, 2013
    "Great campaigh"
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.DON`T buy this game until it hits its true price point at around 1$ (10 symbols)
  74. Jul 25, 2013
    What an ugly propaganda that hides the horrible bugs of developers? Or Canadians believe that whole other world is illiterate and can not read, as in fact was the case in the war? If Relic Entertainment wants to be politically correct why not make a game how the Canadian gays defeated Hitler? Or, if it really wants something shockingly unusual like Hitler took over them all, and even aWhat an ugly propaganda that hides the horrible bugs of developers? Or Canadians believe that whole other world is illiterate and can not read, as in fact was the case in the war? If Relic Entertainment wants to be politically correct why not make a game how the Canadian gays defeated Hitler? Or, if it really wants something shockingly unusual like Hitler took over them all, and even a few times in a row? Expand
  75. Jul 9, 2013
    What happened during the development? Did the developers get lazy and decide to just take the original game and change the characters? Don't turn into the strategy version of CoD. This game had so much potential, but they screwed it up, but they went "Hey here is your game, this is so good... HAHA suckers! We got your money now!"
  76. Jul 23, 2013
    This is what happens when random guys from Canada want to make cash on World War 2 and myth of "soviet monsters". No facts, no logic in the plot, nothing even close to historical accuracy. It seems to me that Joseph Goebbels himself developed the game. Relic Entertainment are just insane, or fascist.
  77. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ideological slops
    This game gives Russians a bad name, game play is often repetitive, unsatisfying game play, lackluster soundtrack, very demanding graphics, gives this game a negative score.
  78. Jul 25, 2013
    What a fascist wrote the story for this game?Game developers were mixed with all who liberated the world from fascism! Shame on them! More in life do not buy games from this company!
  79. Jul 25, 2013
    Now need to rename developers as Reichlic and SSega. Joseph Goebbels is very happy, 70 years later his work did not go unnoticed. Good job. Hitler did not die in vain.
  80. Jul 23, 2013
    False game from nazis. FREAKS! Developers say lies. They humiliated USSR, told false story which doesn't correspond to reality. Would kill developers
  81. Jul 25, 2013
    If not take a scenario it's really a good strategy. But i just cant close my eyes on this piece of sh&t. Our Russin heroes win this war for piece on the planet it's not emotion, it's true) and after all this you just dip them in I'm not even going to ask if you have a conscience or not. After all this lies and propaganda you will suffer punishment, not a physical but something more.
  82. Jul 23, 2013
    Whole game is an insult, and a crime that should be punished.

If something like that about americans were published, game would be banned.

Relic should at least apologies.
  83. Jul 24, 2013
    The story in this game is a total fabrication. If the goal of the developers was an insult to the Russian people, they have achieved. I do not know what else to say, except that I never buy products from the relic. I understand that they do not care, but maybe I would not be the only one. And I hope Russian market for them will be closed forever after that.
  84. Jul 24, 2013
    Heh, here is you can not write the word "feces". Sadness (
    And yes, I am an evil Russian Ivan. I'll go burn a couple of neighbors' house, just if I did not do it, I will be killed. Russia ^ ^
    I hope you understand my sarcasm
  85. Jul 25, 2013
    Just one problem: Worst scenario across the history of video games. Even, with good gameplay and good multiplayer regim this is the worst strategy I have ever seen.
  86. Jul 23, 2013
    A good marketing move Relic. hype hype hype
    Call the Ministry of Culture of Russia, they will fund next game. They have the same attitude to war.

Pray that God does not exist
  87. Jul 23, 2013
    Game set of worn-out cliches about the USSR. Was expecting more. What punitive battalions? Where it was found? Talk to Soviet veterans of the Eastern Front, and learn as there was in fact, not listen pseudo-writers are those who writes history as a blueprint.
  88. Jul 23, 2013

Yes, multiplayer is good! But the main company killed a desire to play the game.
  89. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is a spit in Russia and her history. Spit in souls of all russian people and soldiers, who died on that horrible war. Stop talking about "Evil Soviet Union".
  90. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is absolutely lying ****

The creators of this nothing know about The Great War in me country, doesn't know history, doesn't know about great victims of my people and great heroism of Soviet Soldiers in WWII!

God damned you!
  91. Jul 24, 2013
    Single player campaign is lies Joseph Goebbels applauds to it.
    This game is not about heroes, it about cowards and idiots. Nazis shown as great and proud crusaders come to free peoples of Soviet Union from the tyrany.

**** Ban the game!
  92. Jul 25, 2013
    It's nazi's sh*t and cowardly lie. The developers fully distort the history of WWII and attributes nazi crimes to the Red Army. Hope they will be brought to justice.
  93. Jul 25, 2013
    Script writers must be brought to justice for Nazi propaganda and racism. They are worthy followers of Joseph Goebbels.
    The game is historically not trustworthy more than full.
  94. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is useless garbage...
  95. Jul 25, 2013
    Absolute lies, propaganda of fascism and russophobia in its purest form. Bad campaign, bad gameplay, useless as strategy. It's just a mockery of fallen Soviet soldiers who gave their lives for the victory over Nazism.
  96. Jul 25, 2013
    Campaign scenario is so terrible. This game is lying about the history of my country. Game equates the feat of my people to the crimes of Nazi Germany. This is unacceptable
  97. Jul 24, 2013
    +weather
    +vision

-Bad AI,
    -gameplay copy from Men of War,
    -Little maps,
    -Tanks using HP.
    - Booring story
    -80€ on steam absolutely joke.

Company of heroes 1 was much better.
  98. Jul 24, 2013
    nothing about real history of WW2, nothing about real soviet heroes. Read a historical documents before starting to write scenario of game, Honorable brothers of Hitler!
    Relic Burn in hell with your lie!
  99. Jul 24, 2013
    If you want to know what nazi's propaganda is play it and learn. If you are a nazi enjoy it. If you are a normal human being spit in the faces of developers.
  100. Jul 9, 2013
    this is an example of a company in its final collapse, not sure if sega new what they bought but THQ long gutted it, first came DOW2, then SpaceMarine and now this, I think its obvious that the original devs of COH1, DOW1 and Homeworld have long left, and now you have the remains of a once great studio and a crew of amateurs, trying to re work original work and made it worse, the gamethis is an example of a company in its final collapse, not sure if sega new what they bought but THQ long gutted it, first came DOW2, then SpaceMarine and now this, I think its obvious that the original devs of COH1, DOW1 and Homeworld have long left, and now you have the remains of a once great studio and a crew of amateurs, trying to re work original work and made it worse, the game should have just been an expansion at least you'd have the original maps and old armies. Who the hell did those cut scenes, seriously did they out source them to an animation studio in the jungle of Cambodia, comically bad animation and acting Expand
  101. Jul 6, 2013