Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 27, 2013
    I was totally disappointed after watching the story in the single player campaign. The title "Company of Heroes" made me think that the story is about heroes which I believe my ancestors were. However, they were pictured as people I can't be proud of and can't follow their examples at all. No more words. I try to be polite.
  2. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is not just looks like it is one ot those games which are meant to mess up your brains and history knowledge, or just kill them both. Even in Germany there are a lot of prohibitions on everything that relates to fascism because they don`t want to remember horrible things which they did to France, Russia and even their own country. And here in canada in less then a century we seeThis game is not just looks like it is one ot those games which are meant to mess up your brains and history knowledge, or just kill them both. Even in Germany there are a lot of prohibitions on everything that relates to fascism because they don`t want to remember horrible things which they did to France, Russia and even their own country. And here in canada in less then a century we see a Hitler`s best fans, stupid enough to quote Goebbels. Which trying to persuade us, that it was Russian soldiers who set houses with alive people on fire instead of recruiting them or I don`t know, just letting them run away and support army in other ways. So it was not great perfect race of fascists who burn Russian people alive when they were out of jews, make sense? Who burn all cities and killed all people on the way of german army? Sure it was Russians, germans just smelled flowers and watch rainbows on their way.

Unfortunately I cannot evaluate gameplay better because this game in highly unstable and crushes or freezes too often and without interesting tactical missions or story I don`t see any reason to beat this dead horse.

As for nazi relic I haven`t seen such disrespect for my country from anything or anyone sane for a long time. My own grandfather fought in this war and returned home with a dent from a fragment of a shell and blind dead eye, but never I heard from him or any other veterans who actually participated in real combat of this war anything like this crap you call "historical facts".

I will make sure to stay away from your future titles and keep away my friends and acquaintance, and yes, we are those people who pays for games we play (even though there are a lot of ways to get them for free). I also inform everyone I can about your attitude toward my country.

And don`t be confused it is not a hate letter. It is despise letter.
  3. Jul 27, 2013
    Sorry for my bad English The game is disgusting. I think that the developers of the Nazis because they RESPECT Germans more than the country defeated Nazism ie the USSR ("certain countries" only pretended that helped to open a second front when he was not needed) All in all the game was terribly false and deceitful it in all that regards the Soviet Union
  4. Jul 27, 2013
    Its Funny how Westerners think they know our History better than us. Am not denying that some of this things did happened on Eastern Front, but to make it seem that it all it was is Idiotic. I am very disappointed with this game. I paid money for anti-russian propaganda. Also stop saying "well its the truth" its not, its the truth of YOUR government and its not Universal. Damn kids.....
  5. Jul 27, 2013
    Propaganda of fascism is not allowed.
    I am deeply sorry that this once respected studio creates games to defame the story of a great people and a great country.
    Justify the creation of such games means to maintain a lie and justify fascism.
  6. Jul 27, 2013
    Relic you are a company of nazi. But for the next game i have some ideas for you:
    1) Show how Stalin eats german children.
    2) Hitler with gebbels free a prisoners of Dahau from Soviet Union killers.
    3) Mission with Soviet Soldiers rape german woman.
    4) Soviet soldiers immune to cold wheather
    5) Killing own soldiers gives +100 to damage for nearby units.
    6) Where is Vodka and russian bears?
  7. Jul 27, 2013
    I thought it's impossible to make more anti-historic and russophobic thing than the notorious movie "Enemy at the Gate". I was wrong. The creators of Company of Heroes 2 went way beyond thas.
  8. Jul 28, 2013
    Another russophobic fantasy based on another russophobic fantasies based on yet another russophobic fantasies based on Goebbels. Know your roots, Relic.
  9. Jul 28, 2013
    The first part of the game about the heroes on the alien land. The second part of the game about coward russian on his country!!!!! How they win????!!
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    Plot, probably written by a Joseph Gebbels himself, or his most loyal fans, which also makes no sense and is dumber than anything you've ever seen before. Outdated mechanics, nothing new. Game made canadian nazis. Don't buy, don't even download this piece of...
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    The authors insult the memory of the heroes of war.The authors insult the memory of the heroes of war. Expand
  12. Jul 25, 2013
    Well, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and notWell, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and not some western Goebbels-style propaganda. Expand
  13. Jul 25, 2013
    Again bad russians.If not, we would not have been liberal in Europe and America.You would all be under the totalitarian rule of Fascists and the Nazis

Also advise you to see this video

14. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is made by nazis no doubt.Russian soldiers burning down russian houses with people in it?Are u kidding me?Suck a bag of d...s,Relic.This game is just a nazi propaganda.Gebbels would have been pleased to play this piece of nazi crap.
  15. Jul 26, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is not a game. This is not a strategy. This is an insult to the memory and heroism of the Soviet people. This Nazi propaganda.
    Nobody is forgotten, nothing is forgotten. Greetings from the Сity-hero of Kiev!
  16. Jul 27, 2013
    Is eat children's for breakfast in Canada? May be every man has nail in his head in Canada? Or is evil Russians make from Toronto ruins? What is the heads Canadians? Only pepsi?
  17. Jul 28, 2013
    Theatre of the Absurd.
    Mad russkies.
    Bears with accordions.
    Nazis occultists.
    Vodka-matrioshka-balalayka.
    VASYA STRELYAI.
    Game-misunderstand in best traditions of Cold War.
  18. Aug 3, 2013
    I doubt that developers of this piece of know nothing about history. They do.

So, they are making propaganda very similar to Nazis propaganda. May be with similar intentions?
  19. Jul 23, 2013
    Continuation of the best leaders were rare dermom.Pro single from the Nazis, and I will not write, others have written here. As for multiplayer it is sooo crude, I do not see any difference from the beta (other than adding the God contrary singla.Goret developers in hell for this
  20. Jul 23, 2013
    Tomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let theTomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let the families of these freaks are burning in hell. You can also note the prehistoric period hideous graphics, animation disgusting. The Soviet Union fiction perfect country, but he was no worse than the dastardly European countries, France and England. And certainly no worse than cowardly and stupid America. Takchto do not try to even pick up this sad Not sponsored fascism and racism in the modern world. Peace, prosperity and good to all. Expand
  21. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is an insult to me as a Russian man.
    The authors did not study history or just idiots.
    I was not able to play this vomit.
    I want to get my money back, they do not deserve them.
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    This is concentrated frustration of authors that get the defensive squad behind their backs to infromation attack to soviet union.

Probably, authors are the zombie sexuals.
  23. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game offends me, my family and loved ones!
    I demand to stop sales and of the penalty a fine on the company!!!!!!!!!
  24. Jul 23, 2013
    Most importantly, this game's plot involves the complex matter as the USSR history in the WW2. One does not simply get a random 'parahistory' book and write a story that sells in millions of copies. The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting.
    Here in CIS we do believe that WWII was won by the Allies, who do represent the best of human qualities like bravery, cunning, self-sacrificial courage and honesty. The game developers see the best of the USSR as instantly evil thing. It's not like that at all.

Second reason is to protect the young people from that propaganda. Every person should think for itself, but it's difficult to do when you're a teenager. In the CIS countries you CAN buy a box game even if you DO NOT hit the necessary age. So the only way to solve a problem is through you.

And the last reason is to make the game developers listen to the voice of sanity. If you do accept our call, them Relics will think twice before releasing a game with THAT kind of plot.
  25. Jul 24, 2013
    I'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes ofI'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes of mongols in backs if they would not attack, executing those who would attack before they used their whistles, he even made surgery to some of the wounded, that saved their lives, he helped thousands of victims of Bolsheviks who managed to escape from their penal troops, making them new faces and documents, transplanted extermites to those who had 4 or less so they could live.
    Bolsheviks killed everyone, they closed people in houses and burned them alive inside, it was Stalins order as we know now, I even saw this order in museum of WW2 in Toronto. As we know now Stalin was the pure evil, he not only killed 200 million in his own country, but ordered to execute all germans. Nobody survived in territories occupied by Bolsheviks, my grandfather managed to escape from his private clinic where Bolsheviks locked him up with polish partisans who were shot in backs during Warsaw rebellion and whom he tried to help. Only him managed to survive and escape to the west, to territory liberated by our democratic friends, who listened to his story and helped him hide from Bolsheviks. Later, as he said, all territories that were occupied by Bolsheviks were settled by OGPU agents, disguised as germans, so he told me to beware of eastern germans, if I decide to go to Berlin.
    I'm very grateful for finally it is time for the truth even in games, it is sad that game has Mature rating, for every kid should know about heroism of people like my grandfather who fought together with American friends against bolshevism and genocide it brought. Please contact me for more info about my grandfather if you want to make a game about him!
    10 out of 10!
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
  27. Jul 25, 2013
    Why do we let canada be a country? xD Cool story, Relic.
    I wish I could rate this with negative score.
    I hope there is a separate cauldron in hell for developers of this "game".
    Cauldron of Hell 2. kekeke
  28. Jul 29, 2013
    bad bad bad bad game based on fictional book collection of liberal, american ang nazi myths. do not buy, do not support developers, avoid at all costs
  29. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't get what it takes to give a positive review on this game. It's not even close to the successful first part.
    I even don't know why is it called "Company of Heroes 2" except for marketing reasons since all the Russian persons (except Lev Abramovich Isakovich) in the game are either traitors, either cowards, either sadists or all together combined. If you really hate Soviet people that much, if your name is Hitler, Goebbels or Ronald Reagan than this is your game.
    Probably, the developers wanted to compensate their unability to create a successful game by turning it into an outcrying Russophobe propaganda piece.
  30. Jul 29, 2013
    Goebbels endorses this game! Relic able to accurately reproduce his speeches. Bravo! On the official forum of the game all the questions about the inaccuracies in the singleplayer ignored by them. Members of the former Soviet Union block by IP-address.
  31. Jul 30, 2013
    As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.

Many will say, "It's just a game, do not treat it so seriously!" And they would be right, if the game was named, for example, "Scum on the war," but the game is called "Company of Heroes 2" Company of HEROES, and represents USSR and Joseph Stalin's policy and events which allegedly took place in Soviet Union during the World War II. If a game of such "quality" was made ​​by historical events that took place in Canada, the U.S., Britain or any other "civilized" country, it would have risen a great scandal, but in this case we see the score of 80 and good reviews. Looks stupid and ugly.

If Relic has ever had an image, then after CoH2 release, it's hopelessly and permanently trashed to the ground and below. Shame on you.
  32. Aug 1, 2013
    All that is new in this game scenario (compared with the previous part). And script Nazi ****.
    If you are a Nazi, hate Russia and all the countries of Eastern Europe this game is made for you.
  33. Aug 1, 2013
    It was a good game, I really enjoyed all previous parts. But this? No history, no tactics, no gameplay. Just "Doctor Zhivago" old crap. According to campaign scenario, Russians had no chance to win the war, all missions are completely illogical. Multiplayer is unbalanced, graphics is old. Complete loss of money.
  34. Aug 1, 2013
    my grandfather cry, if he see you awful history.There is nothing more frustrating that you have done. If you are so you can see our country, our heroes, you are stupid and illiterate people. And no you do not give the right to deface the memory of our heroes and our country.dont buy this game
  35. Aug 9, 2013
    First and foremost, i don't agree with the current started by the russian community, that is completly lacking any constructive criticism about the game itself, only moaning about a storyline in the singleplayer part that is showing the american perspective of the russian war crimes.

While not all what is shown is a true fact, things like soldiers getting shot when they wanted to retreat, war crimes like the massacre at Katyn (google for it fellow russians) and Gulags are a historical fact that can't be denied!

The game itself rates as a solid 8 for me, the gameplay is almost the same as the previous installment, but lacking the content since it had no addons so far. The dynamic weather changes on snow maps add a lot of immersion to the gameplay since you need to constantly micromanage your troops or they will die in the harsh conditions of winter.

If you want a fresh CoH experience and you liked the previous games, this will be a game for you too then.
  36. Jul 29, 2013
    Russian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet anotherRussian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet another cheesy anti-Russian crap, it's something way worse. What's next, COH3 showing Jews mass murdering innocent nazis in death camps? I'm sure developer's nazi granddads would love that. Expand
  37. Jul 29, 2013
    This is not a game but an anti-russian nazi propaganda, don't either buy it or download it. The point of releasing this is to brainwash people who don't know anything about history, to make them think that this pice of lie is a real thing.
    P.S.:That's really sad that nowadays younger generation is too lazy to think for their own instead they like to accept any kind of information that media is giving out (that's the aim of goebbels and relic)
  38. Jul 23, 2013
    Having fun gameplay. this game possesses an awful story. Script writers collected most of the dirty myths about war and turned the story into an ideological rubbish. Goebbels would have been pleased.
  39. Jul 28, 2013
    Singleplayer campain in this game is full of stereotypes about russians and USSR, and have nothing to do with real history. It's insulting, the theme of the Great Patriotic War is sacred to all the peoples of the former Soviet Union, and not only for them.
  40. Jul 24, 2013
    Bugs, crashes, price in steam are you joke??? Anti-Russian games. Relic and Sega faithful followers of Goebbels. Read what historian David Glantz, perhaps the foremost authority on the Russo-German writing about myths and realities of WW2, not comics
  41. Jul 25, 2013
    The grandfather of the author was a SS-man? Game sick imaginations of the real nazi. Hitler and Goebbels are proud Relik!
    I don't advise to buy this stuff.
  42. Jul 26, 2013
    illogical, anti-historical, delusional piece of This story based on Gebbels's diary, he applauds you from hell, Relict. And special thanx to "1C softclub", you bastards.
  43. Jul 25, 2013
    I am from Ukraine. Occasionally i saw walk through from some single player missions, after that i was read about "true history of WW2, shown in game".
    I think that people just never saw any documents about WW2.

Fairy tale about Bear with balalaika in soviet troops much more close to truth, than stupid lie about burned houses with civilians, killed by Red Army
  44. Jul 24, 2013
    First of all, I'd like to tell that i adore Relic games a lot. I'm used to be a Warhammer 40k fan back there in school. I've fallen in love woth CoH1 came out. And I've really thought the next game in the line is going to be just as great as the others were.

However, that did not happen. Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really

However, that did not happen.

Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really care for a single simple reason: CoH2 is a single product that has both multiplayer and singleplayer. And as far as it does, the multiplayer can't be judged apart from sp campaign.

Let's get some little illustration here.
    Think of an ordinary healthy man that lives his life. He's engaged in all sorts of stuff here and there, he has awesome looks and pretty epic tell-a-tale skills. That's CoH1.

Now cripple that guy! Take away the left hand from the poor thing. He's still able to perform most of the one-handed operations, right? In fact, that man can be great at doing some things.
    But he's still handicapped.

Same things are said now about the COH2.
    Multiplayer is just fine. It may be the best in the last few years, and I think many of you, folks, agree to that. It's a right hand of the guy from the illustration above.
    Singleplayer camp. has a lot of 'tight spots' that are at least questionable. It's not the stuff most people buy CoH2, but it is the certain part of a game. It's a brutally severed left hand, that for some unclear reasons holds together w/ the body of a man mentioned before.

What do I question in the sp c. myself? Let's see to it.
    1. Start the beginning the protagonist's name. What kind of nonsense is that? Lev Abramovich Isakovich is a jewish name, well, and it's impossible to believe there even WERE any jews in command in Red Army. Them jewish people weren't welcome in the USSR that time, not at freaking all!

Tell me about symbolic meanings and all, yeah. If you're talking of symbols, take a portrait of some really well-known commanders. None of them were jewish.
    Disclaimer: I'm fine w/ jew guys, I'm no nationalist or something. But in the CIS countries anti-semitism is still strong A LOT. Putting that name was a MAJOR mistake and a capital offense to the people there.
    You do call the story authentical, but it has nothing in common with the official history course in Russia. That looks really bold.

Please, give out your sources! Do it so people could see why 'the main plot of the game has to be so close to the truth'. Because if you don't the arguers consider that a fiction-based anti-russian propaganda!
    Quotes are questionable, too. Some of them are not even related to the WWII, some of them are taken out of context to complete the story gaps. Meaning of those torn quotes is changed a lot w/ context.
    The ingame battle of Stalingrad is based on stereotypical images from mass media sources, not historical ones. If you ask me, I honestly believe that it's not your fault there.
    You're not russians yourself, neither you do speak the russian language, right? So you've asked for an outside expertise that FAILED. But it was you, Relics, who made a game, not some russian so-called-historian do**s.

List of the caught nonsenses:
    Large number of soldiers don't have any weapons. That may be real for the militia, yeah, but not for the regular army. And if we're speaking ab/ militia, it's like the lack of weapons there never crossed the 15% line (for personal weapons).
    All of the soviet soldiers have pre-war rank insignia and outdated uniform. You can see the officer uniform here, and here you can get both the soldiers' and officers' uniforms.
    Ineffective soviet army tactics, leading to the inappropriate casualties. Here you go, a link on casualties that has all you could ever ask for both documents and calculations.
    The whole surrending german cutscene and all the commentaries on it. If that was taken as a symbol for what soviets did regularly, well, why there is more than 1,7 cumulative POV count on the german East?
    It look more like a lie, you know.

The 'Scorched Eart' part is well... let's put it mildly, disgusting.
    You may be not aware, put soviets never killed own civilians like that. There are NO documentary sources telling that. Not. A. Damn. One. I've looked for it for more than a week, and I've found nothing. I've asked my university teachers if that's right... They've said it's just a nonsense.

What you do show there is more like nazis did!
    You see, a large part of hatred there is because you show soviet people as monsters! That 'scorched earth' thing refers ONLY to germans, pulling off the USSR in 43/44. Wanna proof? Here you go!

And that's just a start. I've taken too much of your time already.

You may think of whatever you like when talking on WWII in Russia, you may put all your hatred towards soviet people in any way you like that's your dirty choice, Relics. But do not count that russians are going to love that bulls**t you're putting in for a plot in CoH2.

If you really do care about the people who buy your game, you'd better put a notification in the start of sp campaign like 'This story is fictional. It has nothing common with the historical reality in mentioned locations and may be utterly offensive. Do you wish to continue?'

The other way, that seems a lot better to me, is to build a different edition of CoH for CIS countries. Just remove the whole singleplayer campaign and put it to the stock on reduced price (as far as it's not the full product).

Thanks for reading, anyway. Hope that will clarify a bit the situation for both Relics and english-speaking CoH2 fans.
  45. Jul 26, 2013
    real crap game. The company who did it real scums. No more money for relic games.

You must to burn living inocent people by flamethrower in some missions.... damn, its real crazy crap. People who like this seriosly mad.
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all.
  47. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps
  48. Jul 24, 2013
    Game developers too fond of Nazis. The entire game is imbued with hatred for the Soviet soldiers that defeated fascism. Stalin did not like the gift rastrelivat moral monsters. Too bad he came to Canada.
  49. Jul 24, 2013
    This is not a game, it's a slap in the face. My ancestors put health, youth and life is not for seventy years later, the descendants of those for whose freedom they fought, and watered them and their slop feat.

I apologize for my English.
  50. Jul 24, 2013
    As a huge fan of the first COH and Relic's long list of AAA titles, I really expected to like this game. For all the reason others have listed, this game is monumental let down. I liken its failure to that of Diablo 3; we waited how long for this?

Pay to win day one DLC on a game I just bought for $60. Shameful single player story and gameplay. Massively imbalanced multiplayer. There is no reason anyone should buy this game. Save your cash fellow gamers.
  51. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a piece of anti-Soviet and anti-Russian propaganda. It insults any Russian and humiliates the memory of the fallen warriors. Wake up, guys, the Cold War ended more than 20 years ago.
  52. Jul 24, 2013
    Okay, okay Games from Nazi Germany for a long time did not come out. Finally it came out, Goebbels happy. Advise developers to open at least once in life history textbook, disgusting game.
  53. Jul 24, 2013
    It seems that the story of this game came up with Dr. Goebbels himself. The developers of this game so much hate Russia and Germany love that they are ready for any lie?
  54. Jul 24, 2013
    1) Show how Stalin eats german children.
    2) Hitler with gebbels free a prisoners of Dahau from Soviet Union killers.
    3) Mission with Soviet Soldiers rape german woman.
    4) Soviet soldiers immune to cold wheather
    5) Killing own soldiers gives +100 to damage for nearby units.
    6) Where is Vodka and russian bears?
  55. Jul 24, 2013
    Political trash. Falsification of historical facts. Shame.
    =================================================================================================================
  56. Jul 24, 2013
    wow doctor Gebbles and Adolf Hitler would be so proud...anti Russian propaganda is just overflowing... I mean really... game called "Stalin against Martians" has more historical reality than this.... "game"
  57. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic, send the employees back to school to study!
    Peoples, don't spend money for this poverty!
    This creation fascist promotion!
    Relic You Relic history!
  58. Jul 25, 2013
    The worst game about WW2. Falsification of historical facts. Really Nazi propaganda game.
    ============================================================================
  59. Jul 25, 2013
    Shame on you! Hope your next game describes genocide of native americans. Don't buy this "game" .
    The campaign story is awful, I think they used the same historical adviser from the movie "Enemy at the Gates". Canadian developers put their fears into game scenario. Awful.
  60. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game makes me strong disgust, so to distort the history of the Soviet people a must try, this game is similar to a farce ordered ardent opponents of our glorious past. Don't you dare to denigrate the honour of our ancestors YOU cannot get it Expand
  61. Jul 25, 2013
    It’s absolutely intolerable to deceive the public which doesn’t know the truth with false claims and data. Deliberate deception doesn’t make honor to Relic Entertainment.

The game "Company of Heroes 2" displays necessity of omnicide of “Russian barbarians” by German invaders who killed 26 million Soviet Union citizens (which is equal to current population of Canada, where Relic headquarters for the moment). Hitler attacked Russia with the same intentions: to destroy Russian, Jews and Gypsies. In response to these aggressive attacks our multicultural country united against Hitler’s troops to rescue civil citizens, but the purpose was not to kill them as it was shown in the game. If Stalin wanted to kill as many of his people as possible he wouldn’t resist Hitler. The Germans were killing Soviet people without assistance. The aim of the Soviet people in WW II was survival, but according to the authors of the game the Russian (for unknown reasons and without displaying any logics) practiced self-destruction.

So, the game "Company of Heroes 2" justify Hitler and the Holocaust deniers. This game will grow an army of people like Anders Breivik. We have to prevent a recurrence of the violence and return to the fascist madness.
  62. Jul 25, 2013
    Developers surely know nothing about what was real WWII. It defiles the memory of all the heroic people (and especially russian ones) who gave their lives for the freedom of mankind.
  63. Jul 25, 2013
    ussians eating russians, great story, no history at all. Hello, we were people, not orcs! Bugs, frezes, too overpriced. This should be presented, but I have no idea to who.
  64. Jul 25, 2013
    Who needs a nice graphic, game play, sound and music. when the story is completely LIES from beginning to end? Think, the script writer was some kind of nazi, or very strange who's main task was to show, that Russian people are not human. Is this what North America wants their citizens to believe?
  65. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was waiting for the game as for another possibility to touch to the heroic days, to see, at least on the virtual model, how this difficult job of motherland protection had been performed. And what I see in the replays on youtube? Soviet soldiers burns villages with soviet peoples? It is interesting are the game developers really believe that such happened? I would suggest producers of the game visit to Hatin in Belarus.. I have no idea where these producers studied marketing, of course I'll not pay m money for this "product". Expand
  66. Jul 25, 2013
    This game like a pile of and SO FULL OF LIE AND BAD FABLES! Well, that is a terrible propaganda and distribution of the false History. Сreators should be burned in hell for This.
  67. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shame for Canadian game industry. I will never ever try any other product of Relic games. This game is nothing but the fascist propaganda. Nothing heroic in this game because of lie. Expand
  68. Jul 25, 2013
    The game is absolutely insulting for every man, who lives in CIS. Disgusting, that people dare to scoff at soldiers,who defeated Nazis and saved billions of lifes in Europe and Asia!
  69. Jul 25, 2013
    The worst case of nazi propaganda!

The worst case of nazi propaganda!

The game Company of heroes 2 is a typical Nazi propaganda, well, Goebbels was more skilled and not so blatant like the creators of this game but essentially it’s the same way of falsification and misrepresentation of the events of the WWII. If the purpose of the game was to present the war from the point of view of the brainwashed Nazi soldier then you did a good job but then don’t try to present it like “historically authentic”.
  70. Jul 25, 2013
    This is my reply to this post by Noun on Relic forum:

[quote=Noun]I don't think we quite anticipated the tone or volume of the negative reaction. The number of vague death threats I've recieved today from Russia is pretty amazing. Let me be clear. We had a large Russian player base in the original Company of Heroes and that's grown to become our third largest after the USA and
    This is my reply to this post by Noun on Relic forum:

Let me be clear. We had a large Russian player base in the original Company of Heroes and that's grown to become our third largest after the USA and Germany. Russians are valude members of our community, and we hope to be better able to serve them in the future.

Most Russians who've played the game have given fantastic feedback. Some have even sent touching stories about how it's good to see a western company showing their side of the war rather than just doing another game about Normandy. Some of them mention their grandfathers or now great-grandfathers and where they served or possibly died.

Much of the negative feedback is coming from people who have not played the game. Just like it's not the people who read Harry Potter books who want to ban them, or it wasn't Beatles fans who wanted to burn their music, this wave of angry feedback is being whipped up by people who have taken snippets of our campaign, placed them out of context and then told people to be angry about it. But of course it's kind of an honour to get the Beatles Harry Potter treatment if you think about it.

Those who have actually played the campaign should see that we do celebrate the bravery of the common Russian soldier, and how just as in any other army it isn't about fighting for your flag or your government but standing there next to the man beside you because he's your brother and comrade. There are scenes where soldiers disobey orders to save other soldiers, and are punished for it.

Ultimately the Soviet Union was a brutal dictatorship as ruthless as Nazi Germany. That's why our game isn't about Stalin, because he was no hero. Nor was Hitler. The game is, and always has been, about the heroes on the front lines who had little to do with the politics that surrounded the war.

Lots of soldiers fought, on all sides, with bravery and honour. We don't deny that, and we believe we celebrate it with the game.

However we also show a few of the problematic aspects of living in a dictatorship. Times were hard, and maybe it could be argued that Stalin's tactics were what won the war. That however doesn't mean that they didn't happen, no matter how we choose to try to remember our history.

I'm a firm believer that a country should confront its past, even it's negative past. It gives us lessons for how to be better in the future.

This isn't a Russian problem anymore than people burning Beatles records is an American problem or people trying to ban Harry Potter is an American problem. It's a small group of individuals making their country look bad because they've been told by someone on Russia YouTube that they have to be mad about something that has nothing to do with them.

Now go out and buy more copies of the game so we can sell as many as the Beatles and Harry Potter.

[/quote]

Okay, i will say what i think about it:

[quote=Noun]

[/quote]

You see, just as the train cannot reach the end station against the will of it's operator, the war of this scale cannot be won againt the will of commanding officers and generals. As for the game, there are too many scenes where as you said "soldiers disobey orders and are punished for it", making it just too many to believe that this occurence was IN COMMON at the time. What you are trying to do here, is to expose an imaginary savagery of Soviet Union officers and generals, but it has so many flaws in details, that it's actually very easy to distinguish.

[quote=Noun]

[/quote]

You exposed your intentions here.

Comparing Soviet Union to Nazi Germany, making them look equal in the eyes of people who play the game is your ultimate goal or not your, but the goal of the propaganda behind this game.

Nazi command was proven as criminals on Nuremberg Trials, Soviet Union was never proven as criminals, there are no documents that confirm Soviet Union command's crimes. I'm fine with making a game about heroic deeds of front line soldiers without politics, but it was you (Relic or someone behind you), who include politics in this game. And now you're receiving your deserved feedback.
  71. Jul 25, 2013
    Shame! Why did you add such a shameful falsification to the game? It looks no like a computer game, which is supposed to be neutral, but like a propagandist pamphlet.
  72. Jul 25, 2013
    That is typical nazi BS. I think that this kind of pro-nazi stuff should not be sold anywhere at all. I wont to advise people to think about history and truth.
  73. Jul 25, 2013
    The game is a total lie. Distortion of reality and an reproach to the bright memory of my grandfather, who liberated the world from the Nazis. Developers burn in hell.
  74. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic, I will not play this game even if you pay me for every second of gameplay. And I will not by any your game. The storyline offensive to the 30 million Soviet Union people killed in World War 2. Relic, you shameful liars.
  75. Jul 25, 2013
    How about "Sneaky weakly russian without honour 2"? It's a good name for that thing.

Russian veterans clans deeply.

76. Jul 25, 2013
    Relic what are u fakin doing with history? this game story full of I'm from Ukraine and my grandfather told me that Nazi soldier burn our home and villages with people... Or you wana say that soviet soldier burn people in Konzentrationslager Auschwitz?
  77. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. https://vk.com/away.php?to=http%3A%2F%2Fen.ria.ru%2Fworld%2F20130725%2F182423287%2FRussians-Mobilize-Online-to-Fight-New-War-Video-Game-Company-Heroes-2.html&post=-25557243_292700 Expand
  78. Jul 25, 2013
    russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche
  79. Jul 25, 2013
    Worst multiplier experience ever. Dont get for multiplayer. Horrible optimization. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken..Worst multiplier experience ever. Dont get for multiplayer. Horrible optimization. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken. Expand
  80. Jul 25, 2013
    Thank you, bastards, for telling us that our grandfathers were all savages, mass-murderers and cannon-fodder. Hitler and Goebbels are greeting you from the hell.
  81. Jul 26, 2013
    The whole storyline is written by true followers of Joseph Goebbels. Not only many of the myths he invented are in use, but also quotes of russian generals are used out of context, that is simply unproffesional.
  82. Jul 26, 2013
    Old Gameplay, bad storyline. I think, that this game is producing by Hilter from the Hell. I buy it on the Steam and now i am very angry. I want to take my money back!
  83. Jul 26, 2013
    In this Company of Heroes are no heroes, only cowards.
    And burning buildings with civilians inside!
    But this is not Nazis burned the Russians, but Russians.
  84. Jul 26, 2013
    The game is lying about the history of the Eastern Front. My great-grandparents died in the war, I know how they fought and for what. This game is a slap to all Russian. Thank relic of Hitler and Joseph Goebbels.
  85. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic you know nothing about the history of our country so please make the games about your brave Canada nation playing hockey or doing anything else.
  86. Jul 26, 2013
    Nice NaziGame!
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  87. Jul 26, 2013
    Gameplay is ugly and slow. Multiplayer either wan't start at all, or breaks just at start. Got moneyback next day after purchase.
    I recommend authors read at least wikipedia before starting next "historic" game. And buy a book at amazon about game development will be also helpful.
  88. Jul 26, 2013
    why is it normal to desecrate the history of the great country which is foreign to you? Hitler would love to play a game like this. Yep. Millions of people sacrificed themselves just for one photo.
    Let's develop a game about parents of this game's creator. His mother will be a prostitute trying to earn money for his father, who is a drug dealer in prison. We just have to find out their real names and photos. It's just a game, so it's nothing wrong to do so.
  89. Jul 26, 2013
    Gulags, army without any weapons, Russians shooting their own soldiers in the back. All included. This is not a real strategy game, more like an JOKE.
  90. Jul 26, 2013
    How could sink into such a frank Can fill his belly is worth more than the truth. The Anglo-Saxons are constantly at war with Russ. Now the war has reached a new level the digital content. Dick to you, we will win!
  91. Jul 26, 2013
    Don't play it, if you don't want to be brainwashed. simply as that.
    the developers of the game should be arrested for making that kind of product. an offence to the world's history. also, the game is not balanced in multiplayer and overall not what players expected. stay away from it
  92. Jul 26, 2013
    This is too much, perhaps, many have become accustomed to many games and especially do not take seriously the story, but it's overkill. so I registered here specifically what would express their dissatisfaction.
  93. Jul 26, 2013
    A shame to Relic! Soviet brave soldiers saves the world from Nazi in 1941-1945, but very strange game developers now trying to rebirth the nazi propaganda.
  94. Jul 26, 2013
    Could Dr. Goebbels make a better Anti-Soviet propaganda? Nazi crimes are swept under the carpet, and "NKVD crimes" fantasy created. Another mass-media product in the trend of Nazi apologists.
  95. Jul 26, 2013
    These are my criteria and scores for each of them:

Graphics 0.0; Really, animations, particle effects, models i have such sense, that everything is from the beginning of the 2000-th. But system requirements are pretty high! Gameplay 0.0; Well, CoH 1 was much better in this aspect; Perfomance 0.0; I hate games with bugs! Even if it has great graphics bugs ruin all the pleasure
    These are my criteria and scores for each of them:

Gameplay 0.0; Well, CoH 1 was much better in this aspect;

Perfomance 0.0; I hate games with bugs! Even if it has great graphics bugs ruin all the pleasure from the gaming process.

Plot -1. Why? Because the story is an insult to my brain.

Price 0.0; Really, I think, creators of this ...erh...game should pay money not players.

The game looks cheap and raw. It has pseudohistoric plot, which indignities the hole nation. I hate myself for wasting my time, playing this game.
  96. Jul 27, 2013
    Relic believe it is better to know our history in one book, without going into the issue. They took the path of least resistance, and now studiously pretend that so be it, not responding to the criticism. False nationalist bastards.
  97. Jul 27, 2013
    Pointless and largely untrue term of events. American propaganda at its best with a clunky feeling interface. People who haven't played the 1st game might fare better, the rest of us were expecting something better not worse.
    The first game was much better as an RTS.
  98. Jul 27, 2013
    Oh, there is a bunch of anti-soviet propaganda stamps. You collect almost all of them. Pretty enough to think a little bit and read even few real documents to understand that is all Shoot own soldiers, burn own people! Why, what for?! Why need to make a game whit this kind of script? To insult that few veterans who still alive and insult people who live in countries of ex-USSR? You areOh, there is a bunch of anti-soviet propaganda stamps. You collect almost all of them. Pretty enough to think a little bit and read even few real documents to understand that is all Shoot own soldiers, burn own people! Why, what for?! Why need to make a game whit this kind of script? To insult that few veterans who still alive and insult people who live in countries of ex-USSR? You are pretty successful in that! Are you glad? Expand
  99. Jul 27, 2013
    The game looks like P.J. Goebbels made. Lie, lie and another lie about Soviet Union, soviet people, soviet army and soviet Victory. Awful, awful campaign.
  100. Jul 27, 2013
    The worst scenario that could come up. Crazy Russian kill each other, while fighting the Nazis.
    Apparently the propaganda in the media is not enough..

1. Pelit (Finland)