• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 27, 2013
    Game story was written without any respect to real history and facts. The game is totally anti-soviet, this is the only sense of this product. I really feel sorry for those, who would believe in this ugly attempt to rewrite history. And by the way, during World War II Soviet Union, US, Great Britain, Canada were allies. What happened now I don't understand
  2. Jul 27, 2013
    Totally illogical gameplay and huge collection of stupid myths and lies. The authors should read some serious history books. For their info: the books is like comic-books but with less pictures and more text.
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    Lies, begins even with a poster for the game. In the Red Army, 1941-1945 the Order of Lenin was worn on the leftside of chest, and the cocarde was not applied on a soldiers winter hats. Only the red star. This cocarde applied on the time of Cold War, where, probably, game developers took his inspiration full of lie and propaganda.
    This shows that the developers did not set a purpose to
    This shows that the developers did not set a purpose to show the authenticity and validity of the times of the Second World War, but doing a restoration nazism ideals, trough the humiliation of those who fought with him.
  4. Jul 27, 2013
    ok relic guys you should carefully check your sources (books, novels etc) before using them in your games. try using more than one source next time, ok? this is called cross-checking of facts. and when you screw up please don't pretend its ok, don't say you did a huge work of digging through sources and your picture is very accurate. no it is not. all you did is read exactly 1 (one)ok relic guys you should carefully check your sources (books, novels etc) before using them in your games. try using more than one source next time, ok? this is called cross-checking of facts. and when you screw up please don't pretend its ok, don't say you did a huge work of digging through sources and your picture is very accurate. no it is not. all you did is read exactly 1 (one) fictional novel and transferred it into storyline. cheap lies. sorry i gave you my money, wish i could get a refund. Expand
  5. Jul 27, 2013
    This game presents history as written by Nazis literally. The "story" it tells was told by Goebbels in 1943. You'd think they'll give some light to Allies' side of the story but no, Russians in this game act exactly as described by Nazi propaganda.
  6. Jul 27, 2013
    At the beginning this should be a game about Space Marines and Imperial Guard. With burning civilians corrupted by Chaos. But something went wrong and half of the content was converted to WWII It was really urgent because it is the only explanation about the storyline and, well, the name "Lev Abramovich Isakovich". Otherwise it was something really stronger than weed.
    I do not know what
    I do not know what was the reason for this "Warhammer-WWII" remake but it certainly can not justify the spit on the blood of heroes.
  7. Jul 27, 2013
    The next time you'll try to create smth, connected with Russia, post-soviet countries or just other nation, remember, that it isn't a joke to operate with feelings of their representatives. Take a trouble to LEARN their history. Please, watch this http://carambatv.ru/movie/bad-comedian/company-of-heroes-2/ (russion language, but after creating a whole game about ussr, it wouldn't beThe next time you'll try to create smth, connected with Russia, post-soviet countries or just other nation, remember, that it isn't a joke to operate with feelings of their representatives. Take a trouble to LEARN their history. Please, watch this http://carambatv.ru/movie/bad-comedian/company-of-heroes-2/ (russion language, but after creating a whole game about ussr, it wouldn't be difficult for you to understand) Expand
  8. Jul 27, 2013
    Congratulations, Relic. All our russian neonazis, all scholars, who thinks that saying something like "veterans are suckers" is great trolling, gives the mark "10" to your game. That people hates the Soviet Union and Russia, and they have epic butthurt about our victory in Great Patriotic War. And they are like this game.

Great, Relic.
  9. Jul 27, 2013
    This game has a good engine and game-play, but its storyline is usual deceitful antirussian propaganda. We have been watching this antirussian propaganda since 80-s first PC-games. This is the information war...
  10. Jul 27, 2013
    Who write this script? It's real insult for not only Russian history, but for all countries, which fight in world war 2d. I think authors are real nazi.
  11. Jul 27, 2013
    I haven't seen so frankly pro-nazi game! Okay. I can smile playing some funny trash like Red Alert 3 because Soviet are showed there grotesquely, but this game refers to "historical authenticity". Joseph Goebbels applauds from Hell...
  12. Jul 27, 2013
    BS! There is no history behind this.
    That is not only the absence of real history behind this game, but the game itself
    I definitely do not recommend this game.
  13. Jul 27, 2013
    Discrimination of Russians is the same discrimination, as discrimination of any other race or nation! Please, do not support it! We have to stop Russophobia in Video games!!!
  14. Jul 28, 2013
    This game impose an alternative, false story. The game justifies Nazis. Game denigrates the Soviet army that defeated Nazism. The first part was good, this sucks.
  15. Jul 28, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.
  16. Jul 28, 2013
    A storyline straight from the 60s. Russian barbarians killing their own citizens, blowing up their own soldiers and executing their officers. Blood frenzy and killing spree so fierce that you start to wonder how these mindless savages destroyed the world's most advanced and experienced army the Wehrmacht. As I immersed deeper in the game I felt a disgust so deep I stopped following theA storyline straight from the 60s. Russian barbarians killing their own citizens, blowing up their own soldiers and executing their officers. Blood frenzy and killing spree so fierce that you start to wonder how these mindless savages destroyed the world's most advanced and experienced army the Wehrmacht. As I immersed deeper in the game I felt a disgust so deep I stopped following the plot. If you think "it's just a game, the plot doesn't matter", think again. How come that the script directly follows all the allegations of Dr. Goebbels against the Red Army? Maybe there's something wrong with that? Expand
  17. Jul 28, 2013
    What a game! stories full of lies and errors! Super STUPID AI! MP maps too small! BAD balance! Even an new IS-2 heavy tank will be killed by a PZ-IV medium tank! see those Critic Reviewers?U R ALL LIARS! Give my 60 dollars back!This game worth only 5 dollars! I will be very glad if the scenario writer be fired! Why did U try to do a job U can not do it well?why not just go home andWhat a game! stories full of lies and errors! Super STUPID AI! MP maps too small! BAD balance! Even an new IS-2 heavy tank will be killed by a PZ-IV medium tank! see those Critic Reviewers?U R ALL LIARS! Give my 60 dollars back!This game worth only 5 dollars! I will be very glad if the scenario writer be fired! Why did U try to do a job U can not do it well?why not just go home and tell UR gramma that U R A FOOL? Expand
  18. Jul 28, 2013
    Absolutely incompetent history consultant. The game plot was probably written by Goebbels himself, or his distant relatives who tried to visualise the alternative universe where he isn't to blame for the genocide of the Russian In a game written by such people you will find such interesting features as:
    Burning houses with your own citizens for no apparent reasons
    Shooting your
    Burning houses with your own citizens for no apparent reasons
    Shooting your souldiers for no apparent reasons
    Even more shooting your own soldiers for no apparent reasons.
    Vodka, shapka ushanka and balalayka.

I mean nazi sympatyzers who would like to see a fairy tale where all of their evil deeds are (for no apparent reason) being done by the victims themselves should feel comfortable with this game. People who know something more than "the rescuing of private ryan" and "enemy at the game" of WWII history, will probably puke from seeing this bullcrap.

As it was already suggested, I offer Relic to put in such "historic" features in the DLC of this game:
    • Stalin eating children. Not less than a hundred per day. Only Russian children. Detailed Including detailed cut-scenes and special DLC for psh-psh sayers with a possibility to play for Stalin himself.
    • Hitler liberating jews all around the world and fighting the arabs in africa to create their jewish state.
    • Russian commanders shooting all of their subordinates even BEFORE the battle starts, thus earning additional "rape points" so they could drink the blood of their comrades and rape hundreds of german women while the Nazi SS watch the one man army doing that, crying from moral trauma and not shooting.
    • 15 to 20 million of Slavic non-combatants died on the Nazi occupied land from psychological trauma of being liberated by the true democracy.
  19. Jul 28, 2013
    Horrible warping of facts and an insult to each and every descendant or relative of those 19.000.000 civilians and 11.000.000 Soviet soldiers fallen in the War.
  20. Jul 28, 2013
    CoH2 is total lie. Here in Russia we don't need to read any memoirs to discover the truth of The War. We all have relatives who fought the Nazis. Our heroes told us everything.
  21. Jul 28, 2013
    Very impossible story which I find disgusting. Nazis would be proud. Relic is a good company, but they should ask for a help of the war specialist if they want to make the game about the Eastern Front next time.
  22. Jul 28, 2013
    fake history of war. racizm, bugs, frezes, too overpriced. DON'T BUY IT. Relic developers are children of Goebbels. this it worst game ever. multiplayer network on this game is the worst I've ever seen
  23. Jul 28, 2013
    and I'm waiting for the third part of the game, I imagine that's how the player will have to destroy American aircraft bombing Detroit, that would learn to destroy Dresden. Or, as Canadian troops with tanks destroy the Canadian village in which there were civilians and U.S. soldiers are sleeping. To learn how to beat the Germans.
  24. Jul 28, 2013
    Game story outrage the feelings of Russian and ex Soviet people and memory about ours grandparents. Stop lie and distort the history of World War 2!!!
  25. Jul 28, 2013
    Terrible scenario. Just solid cold war propaganda stamp.
    Fire the employee who has chosen this scenario for the single-player mission. Where are my drunken bears with accordions?
  26. Jul 28, 2013
    This game is Nazi propaganda. This game is full of lie. Joseph Goebbels is dead, but his cause lives on.
    Here not show heroes, here show only cowards.
  27. Jul 28, 2013
    Most importantly, this game's plot involves the complex matter as the USSR history in the WW2. One does not simply get a random 'parahistory' book and write a story that sells in millions of copies. The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting.
  28. Jul 28, 2013
    A full-scale invasion of the frozen tundra? Where according to Valve Eastern Front or Moscow was located? Where Moscow is located? But geografy is not main problem. Creators of game are impossibly stupid advocates of the worst criminals of human history Nazi germany. We have to stop them and their propoganda. DO NOT BUY IT!!!
  29. Jul 28, 2013
    Russians killing russians, why? Russian solders burns russian civilian, why? Why i didn't see any bear in this 'Game'? Bugs, freezes, much overpriced. This worst game ever!
  30. Jul 28, 2013
    English proveb says: 'Give a dog a bad name and hang him'. Seems this is a general style of the western politics. Stop this, guys. I mean, stop lying to yourselves about the reality you live in. Otherwise one day you find youselves in the world which doesn't correspond to your maps at all. And with no friends that would be glad to see you.
    The game is absolutely disgusting.
  31. Jul 28, 2013
    This is the worst game ever made. It's dumb, deceitful and awful gameplay.
    One would like to play this game if only he wants to know what nazi and joseph goebbels talked about WW2. But I doubt there is such a person
  32. Jul 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Worst game on false history. Then that shows how the truth actually lies and deception insulting to honest people. I am ashamed that these days are developers who lie history and current events show us not those who were actually. Expand
  33. Jul 28, 2013
    This is not a game about history of the Second World War, this is something offensive and stupid at the same time. It is stupid because even a kid who knows just the most well-known facts about this war can understand that it's based on lies (why can some Soviet officer kill a Soviet soldier without any war trial? why can officers do that ALL THE TIME?) and it is offensive because it showsThis is not a game about history of the Second World War, this is something offensive and stupid at the same time. It is stupid because even a kid who knows just the most well-known facts about this war can understand that it's based on lies (why can some Soviet officer kill a Soviet soldier without any war trial? why can officers do that ALL THE TIME?) and it is offensive because it shows Soviets (Russians) as some orcs without any love to their country, any patriotism, any comradeship and compassion. It shows that Soviet soldiers were doing things Hitler did in fact killing civilians, for example.
    Hello, guys! We can understand what you mean by issuing this rubbish, because we aren't orcs, we are people.
    How about some Russian company making a game about your mothers being prostitutes? Why not? It will be only a game, you shouldn't be offended.
  34. Jul 28, 2013
    Worst game about WWII. After playing wanted to give a history textbook for developers as a present, they will learn many interesting things.
    D't waste time and money.
  35. Jul 29, 2013
    Russian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet anotherRussian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet another cheesy anti-Russian crap, it's something way worse. What's next, COH3 showing Jews mass murdering innocent nazis in death camps? I'm sure developer's nazi granddads would love that. Expand
  36. Jul 11, 2013
    What happend to Metacritic? Its has almost reached the same level as amazon.com when it comes to user reviews... so many biased post, It's almost unbearable. I feel sorry for Relic because they had a very hard time (THQ gone bankrupt) and COH2 was on the edge to be thrown in the paperbox. Sega bought Relic and they could finish this product but it was a troublesome development... underWhat happend to Metacritic? Its has almost reached the same level as amazon.com when it comes to user reviews... so many biased post, It's almost unbearable. I feel sorry for Relic because they had a very hard time (THQ gone bankrupt) and COH2 was on the edge to be thrown in the paperbox. Sega bought Relic and they could finish this product but it was a troublesome development... under those conditions I have to say that this game is actually really good.

I'm sure that Relic will improve on this game with new units, new factions and other features... just like they did with COH1. At the moment COH1 maybe is the better game (aside from graphics) but COH1 was released in 2006 and had tons of balance/content patches and some addons, so you can expect it to be a bit better! COH2 will reach that level in the future... but you have to be patient.

_________________________

Now that this has been said, I actually like this game. I've spent about 100 hours into the online mode already (have not even played the campaign yet) and I totally love it. The early game was a bit unbalanced but yesterday (10th july) the first balance patch was released and they addressed the issues and the next patch will most likely address mid and/or late game. There will be new TOTW missions as well (I finished all TOTW1941 missions on highest difficulty, they where entertaining).

I would give this game 8/10 for its current state but because of all those hater-post I'm going to give it a 10... its really sad how the gamerbase has changed... and NO this review is not bought by relic, as some paranoid users tend to say about other people's opinions on this game.
  37. Jun 25, 2013
    A solid entry in the CoH series if not that big of a leap forward.

A solid entry in the CoH series if not that big of a leap forward.

As a beta tester I can attest that many of the new mechanics that the game brings to the table take a while to understand, which is probably why there are so many negative early impressions. While the Germans play similarly to factions in CoH1, the Soviets have a very unique style that takes a while to master. Until you become familiar with their tactics, Germans will seem to have the upper hand.

Winter is a unique element that brings a lot of change with it. Do you rush an attack before the storm hits or do you bunker down and wait it out? Better yet, what if you prepare your troops for the storm with transports and fire and attack while your enemy is unaware? Knowing how to make use of storms is often the difference between victory and defeat.

Also, for anyone complaining about day one dlc; take a look at what it actually is first. Most of the offered items are cosmetic skins for your vehicles. Throughout the course of the game you unlock skins anyways and most of the paid ones are not going to look that unique. As for the commander DLC, they all appear to variations on commanders already in the game so even if you are missing them, it’s not going to impact the game much.
  38. Jul 30, 2013
    Why is the game called Company of Heroes? It should be called Company of Cowards, Traitors and Idiots. What idiot wrote the script?

Anybody. Buy a brain for this invalid.
  39. Jul 29, 2013
    This is not a game but an anti-russian nazi propaganda, don't either buy it or download it. The point of releasing this is to brainwash people who don't know anything about history, to make them think that this pice of lie is a real thing.
    P.S.:That's really sad that nowadays younger generation is too lazy to think for their own instead they like to accept any kind of information that media is giving out (that's the aim of goebbels and relic)
  40. Jun 25, 2013
    It's just perfect RTS. Also It's the best RTS. Much more better than Men of War.Great story about soviets, excellent multplayer and interesting Theatre of War. I really enjoyed this game! Great game!!!
  41. Jul 28, 2013
    Singleplayer campain in this game is full of stereotypes about russians and USSR, and have nothing to do with real history. It's insulting, the theme of the Great Patriotic War is sacred to all the peoples of the former Soviet Union, and not only for them.
  42. Jul 25, 2013
    The AI was appalling, the commands were so sluggish I often found troops running in the wrong direction, the campaign was... stupid, frankly, I honestly found it difficult to come up with a good point about the game. Graphics and audio are acceptable (if somewhat basic), so I guess that gives it something.
  43. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all. I waisted $60 on this game. I recommend you save it for something else... maybe go eat a nice stake dinner in fact it would be better spent burning 3 $20 bills for more funThis game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all. I waisted $60 on this game. I recommend you save it for something else... maybe go eat a nice stake dinner in fact it would be better spent burning 3 $20 bills for more fun than what you get out of playing COH2. If you want to play this game go play COH 1 is a much better game and you will have more fun and it only costs like $5.

DON'T BUY THIS AWFUL GAME.
  44. Jul 28, 2013
    The game does not correspond to historical facts. The writers of the game described some pseudo-historical universe (you can tell an alternate universe). In the course of a single company constantly felt worship of CoH2 creators before the Nazis and Nazism.
  45. Jul 28, 2013
    After long years of living (as we all know live the longest lives possible) Joseph Goebbels will personally congratulate you (developers, distributors and toadies) in afterlife.
  46. com
    Jul 28, 2013
    It's a pity Relic has released the unplayable piece of crap. What's worse, even if it were not so disastrous in almost every area, it would be still a crap because of the base idea of evil Russians fighting not-so-evil (or not evil at all) Nazis.
  47. Jul 29, 2013
    russophobia and a set of myths about the heroism of the Soviet people. Developers like the Nazis rather than a Russian who saved their asses.
    Storyline like the idiots who do not have representation of the herois
  48. Jul 29, 2013
    It is extremely casual attitude towards the history of Russia. Developers should be aware that they may offend the sensibilities of the people. I hope very much that it was not propaganda, but a poor education writer.
  49. Jul 29, 2013
    It's really crap and fake story about russian cannibals. I bouht 4 games by Relic and from now I will not buy any of its production. The game is made by Iosef Goebbels.
  50. Jul 29, 2013
    This is antiUSSR game. It is a pity that I did not return the money spent on it. This game is imbued with hatred for the liberators of the world from fascism. Lord's creators had to say at once that this is a game made ​​by order of Hitler and Goebbels
  51. Jul 29, 2013
    No, serious, Relic, how much it costs to make a game in which the Americans burned alive Vietnamese?

For gamers please do not buy this crap. Just download from torrents. Nazi scum not worth your money
  52. Jul 29, 2013
    CoH2 is the most expected release as for me. For many years most Russian gamers have been waiting for the Soviet side. What a disappointing now to see the campaign full of cold war stamps, told by jewish author. Even nazi campaign was more polite to Germans, than Soviet to Russians. Well done, Relic.
  53. Jul 29, 2013
    It's actually more a nazist propaganda masterpiece than a game. Adolf would enjoy playing it. Absolutely disgusting for normal people. Might be a good idea to mark it with a special "NAZI" rating.
  54. Jul 29, 2013
    Please, don't buy this game. It's terrible. Any game (incl. fantastic genre) must based on some little real story. But this game is a big lie about our history. Heroes called as enemies. Enemies called as heroes. I just try to complete one level and delete this poor game. Don't repeat my mistake.
  55. Jul 29, 2013
    in this game bad everything
    from the gameplay and storyline with falsified history
    this game is trash, created to be forgotten
    еven more frustrating is that the first part I liked
  56. Jul 31, 2013
    You who do not understand putting 0. Game offends the memory of our fathers and grandfathers. It does not matter that led our country at the time of our country angry Georgians in the trenches and burning houses of common people were killed. You, for whom World War 2 did not realize that when not for whom this Great Patriotic War. Our country has paid the highest price. Fatalities haveYou who do not understand putting 0. Game offends the memory of our fathers and grandfathers. It does not matter that led our country at the time of our country angry Georgians in the trenches and burning houses of common people were killed. You, for whom World War 2 did not realize that when not for whom this Great Patriotic War. Our country has paid the highest price. Fatalities have been in almost every family, we have destroyed cities and villages were burnt. You are the victim of Western propaganda. If you do not care, then why not make such achievements Wehrmacht: Iron Cross for the burning of 100 villages, the Iron Cross in 1000 for the murder of Jews, or creative achievement "clearance with the help of local residents."
    P.S. Sorry for bad English.
  57. Aug 2, 2013
    Script written by a butthurt 12 year old troll. Hitler would've loved the campaign. Balance is horrible, COH1 was much more fun. For a 20$ game it would get a 6-7
    For its current price its a 0-1 max
  58. Aug 3, 2013
    Russian soldiers save the world from Nazi occupation and this is the thanks they get. I spend a lot of money on games and will never buy another Relic game again.
  59. Jul 18, 2013
    There is no multiplayer balancing at all. German's are completely overpowered once they get tanks and anti infantry. Soviets have about 2 mins at the start where they have a slight edge, then it's auto win for germans.

Do not buy this game if you like multiplayer! 75% of the players take german. This gives you an idea of how overpowered they are. I mean the German have anti tank

I mean the German have anti tank missles (not bazookas) that out range a tank. Ridiculous.
  60. Jun 25, 2013
    The main problems for some gamers are the "political subtext" and "it's too old". Nice. Game really good, nice. Many DLC materials could be open while playing. Multiplayer are good, but some bus may be revealed. Sorry for mistakes. And for hidden "comrades". khm,
  61. Jun 25, 2013
    Having never really played the first one, I can not comment on change. What i can comment on is how much I enjoyed playing the game. For me a game has to have depth /complexity, be challenging, and and an "endgame" that lasts. On all fronts this game appears to have it.

There is depth. The environments, how units interact with environments and options like different commanders all provide that depth and complexity. For example, I found i could direct artillery to break ice to prevent units from advancing. Even playing the same map over and over i found each instance to be different and challenging.

The AI i found was by no means easy mode and i didn't find it stale (IE they use the same tactics over and over) The AI was challenging and once I am proficient in understanding the controls I know human opponents will provide all the challenge i need. I look forward to playing this for some time.
  62. Jul 7, 2013
    incredible graphics. Very well maintained. Soviets will have to fiddle around this time to move forward and regain their homeland. The game needed a good team, however it is worth the game
  63. Jul 24, 2013
    Do not want to engage in justifying the Communists, they like the Nazis up to their elbows in blood. I speak for my generation, and for their ancestors, that they fought for those whom they love, and not for a piece of cloth and a photo. From Russia with love.
  64. Jul 24, 2013
    Horrbile plot, which eliminate all others really good) emotions from this games for me. Soviet soldiers burn farms and fields with their own citizens-soldiers in there...oh So stupid and stereotypically.
  65. Jul 29, 2013
    propaganda. The same as saying that the Soviet Union invaded Germany and wiped out half of Europe. On the technical side it looks fine. But the perverse fiction creators of the game spoils the experience.
  66. Jun 25, 2013
    The campaign is a little hokey but (in my humble opinion) is fairly challenging and long enough to be worth it. To top it off, Theater of War adds a ton of replayability and allows those who don't like competitive multiplayer or who have friends that aren't great at RTS games to get a lot of value out of the title. I'm looking forward to seeing them add onto this feature.

The game is

The game is gorgeous for an RTS even on fairly low settings, though it can be a little too muddy at times. The UI is chunky but well rendered and really informative (those unit cards at the top left make army control quite easy). Gameplay is excellent, if unforgiving (just like all of Relic's titles).

People, I think, are understating the effect that some simple changes will have on the game. Requisitioning destroyed vehicles and heavy guns is huge, and vaulting obstacles makes infantry a lot more mobile. Add in all of the ColdTech stuff (destroyable ice, units freezing in deep snow, and blizzards) and I think there's a lot here to keep people occupied.

The music and sound effects are just stellar.

I usually play on fairly low settings to make gameplay smoother and am not experiencing game-altering slowdowns, though mileage is sure to vary here. I'm totally hooked and look forward to years of stoming the Wermacht for the glory of the Rodina! :p
  67. Aug 3, 2013
    Its a Nazi game made by Nazi for a Nazi. Its last game from this company i ever bye and i hope it will restricted in russia. Poor grafik and idiotic story from Soljenicin and Dr. Gebels.
  68. Jul 26, 2013
    CoH2 is a dumbed down version of CoH. The UI is a mess and the whole game feels gawky to me. Sure the explosions are nicer but I prefer CoH's graphics over CoH2's. The commander trees aren't as diverse as the regular CoH and just feels like a mishmash of each other so gameplay tends to be the same over and over. Multiplayer games tend to be a who can pump out vehicles/tanks faster. IntelCoH2 is a dumbed down version of CoH. The UI is a mess and the whole game feels gawky to me. Sure the explosions are nicer but I prefer CoH's graphics over CoH2's. The commander trees aren't as diverse as the regular CoH and just feels like a mishmash of each other so gameplay tends to be the same over and over. Multiplayer games tend to be a who can pump out vehicles/tanks faster. Intel bulletins were added to "reward" players the ability to customize their units further after they have achieved a certain milestone in the game. This ranges from using x ability y times or killing x unit using y unit using z ability a times.
    Campaign-wise, CoH2 is basically a B rated Hollywood movie with a generic storyline that you can find in any Hollywood WWII Soviet front movie or even Cold War era Soviet side specific movies. It's honestly very boring and the characters are just bricks. The campaign itself doesn't take any skill to complete since you're able to summon as many free conscripts as you can while the enemy AI doesn't advance forward and capture/re-capture points you've taken from them. There's no skill needed at all.
    With that said, CoH2 is not all that bad. True sight and vaulting are nice features that will allow you to diversify your offensive/defensive. Cold tech is an alright feature and it's obvious that it just had to be there.
    Overall though, CoH2 just fails to meet my expectations. As a big fan of CoH, it really fails to impress me and entertain me as much as its predecessor. In my opinion, it's not worth the $60 price plus whatever Commander DLCs you want to add to that for additional purchases. This is a $20 game and $30 at best. Maybe in a few months/years when all balancing issues have been fixed and unique commanders have been put out it may probably be worth playing. You're better off playing Men of War or the playing the Eastern Front mod for CoH. For now, I'll just go back to playing CoH... but... wait... even that's broken too. Server side that is.
  69. Jul 28, 2013
    Hi, i start to play COH2 since closed beta. There was more bugs, balance issues, but then Relic show us Forgotten Sacrifice trailer and I believe to this. And then game come out, i get same beta, but with single player. In first day of release there is bugged commanders, bugs in single player and in multiplayer too. What was closed and open beta for? And it's campaign, bulletins system isHi, i start to play COH2 since closed beta. There was more bugs, balance issues, but then Relic show us Forgotten Sacrifice trailer and I believe to this. And then game come out, i get same beta, but with single player. In first day of release there is bugged commanders, bugs in single player and in multiplayer too. What was closed and open beta for? And it's campaign, bulletins system is total rusofobic. I'm kinda dissapoint. Expand
  70. Jul 23, 2013
    Яussian Evil Empire wants some fresh meat
    A huge racist deception, those guys who wrote the script must be totally insane to make soviets (not only russian, but ukrainian, belorusian, caucasian and middle asian peoples united by one purpose and common grief) such a monsters, and those who agreed to use it are just criminals. All that is apart from game's quality of course
  71. Jul 23, 2013
    In single play mode this game looks like a trashy film. Russians kill each other without a reason, burn houses with women and children, drink all the time and looks like they are directly from Mordor. Really, no sense in single play at all. Dont buy if you dont want to loose your time. I was suppose to see a good game with bloody battles, but this is just a Nazi propaganda interactive 3d-video
  72. Jul 23, 2013
    Great fake as usual. Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.Great fake as usual.
  73. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you want to review the results of the World War 2, we can show them again. Our grandfathers have saved you from the Nazis, your gratitude amazing. Would be better to show your Canadian bravery at the Battle of Dieppe. Expand
  74. Jul 23, 2013
    Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  75. Jul 23, 2013
    This is outrageous!!!!!!
    This is not a game that's propaganda Goebbels......... If you know a little history, do not buy this piece of sh*t!!!!!
    Thanks for reading.
  76. Jul 23, 2013
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
    But why to bother and read real history books? Let's just make another game about this terrible unhuman russians.
  77. Jul 23, 2013
    The game is total rubbish, not only it is a step back in terms of graphics and gameplay, the story is ridiculous and racist towards the russians. I felt really disappointed as that was one of the biggest releases I had been waiting for.
  78. Min
    Jul 24, 2013
    I yet didn't see more false company! Such games make impression about Russians as about cruel bears! Such games not only offend Russians, but also humiliate developers!
  79. Jul 24, 2013
    super game. I enjoyed it very much. we together with Goebbels can't break away from it. So shamefully portray Russians pigs could not even us. I am glad that the USA continues to my policy,and I was afraid that when the Red Army took Berlin,policy fascism die.
  80. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it's horrible, miserable and disgusting playful game, a large number of shoals and error, and the huge slop historical, disgusting play the game so false, so let even be a little bit similar and historically accurate,
    my choice the game: Garbage
  81. Jul 24, 2013
    The plot is absolutely awful and disgusting. I'm shocked because of irresponsible attitude of the creators to historic facts! Sale of this product should be banned. Distortion of history in such shameless way is a crime.
  82. Jul 28, 2013
    Anti Soviet campaign make me sad! As in multiplayer this game, in my opinion, very disbalanced. German tanks much more stronger then any other soviet unit. If Germans have 1 tank it can easily rush your base. Not anogth tactics can be used as Soviet against German because of the huge difference between two camps.
  83. Jul 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. coh2 is dead,took me a week to reach lv100,mostly playing comps on my own,the game has no future,unless they open up custom games to the public where anyone can play 4v4 annihilation games against other players,automatch is too fast cant develop any games,no one like vp500,they could make it vp1000,everyone likes tanks,but auto vp500 isn't designs for tanks,just fast infantry battles,the game itself is fine,just the management of it needs fixing. Expand
  84. Jul 23, 2013
    Company of heroes 1 was/is probably the best RTS ever. COH2 is pure crap. COH2 is a scam to take advantage of the popularity of COH1. The gaming company, relic, is crooked and offers terrible support for there games so buying COH2 is not a good investment.
  85. Jul 23, 2013
    Awful game. Scenario is not correspond with real second world war two events at all. It seems that authors did not make any investigating job at all and did not use any history textbook ever. It looks like cheap propoganda film of eighties. Multipalyer is almost the same as in previous part. This game did not cost nor your time neither your money. It is quickie. Strongly not recommended.
  86. Jul 23, 2013
    if you do not know history, please do not insult people for who this is a great tragedy, whose other relative died in the war,but stopped fascism and saved the lives of many people. The plot of this game is just stereotypes without any truth or logic. Eternal memory to the heroes.
  87. Jul 24, 2013
    this script isthis script is Expand
  88. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Once upon with pleasure Hacked online in the first part of COH, was looking forward to the second, I wanted to buy, but first decided to just read the letspleem in youtube. Problevalsya immediately. Damn creators and writers that do not care for the graves of our ancestors and veterans still alive! You people without honor and call you in any way, like those bastards whose order you performed. Inglourious Mraz born filth and die. Expand
  89. Jul 24, 2013
    Game Script deliberate distortion of history, Nazi propaganda and ideas of Joseph Goebbels. This game is a disgrace not only Russian history, but also the world. Just think of all of Europe was in ruins and was able to stop the Nazi hydra only the USSR and its allies. If it were not for the whole world our grandparents would have been different and I'm afraid it would not find a place forGame Script deliberate distortion of history, Nazi propaganda and ideas of Joseph Goebbels. This game is a disgrace not only Russian history, but also the world. Just think of all of Europe was in ruins and was able to stop the Nazi hydra only the USSR and its allies. If it were not for the whole world our grandparents would have been different and I'm afraid it would not find a place for all of us. Shame Relic. Expand
  90. Jul 24, 2013
    This is nonsense, not a game. The case of Goebbels is alive and well. I wish the families of the developers go through all the hardships and privations of the blame on the Soviet people during the war.
  91. Jul 24, 2013
    It is anti soviet, anti social, anti historical game based on illogical and untrusted facts. It contains a little bit of truth. Be careful! It can harm your intellectual development!
  92. Jul 24, 2013
    It seems that the main country sheltered fleeing the Nazis, was not Argentina but Canada. Only this explains why the son of Joseph Goebbels wrote the scenario of the game. Scenario liar from the beginning to the end and main task creators apparently in order to justify the Nazis and slander and blame for the crimes of the Nazis, those who defeated them. Goebbels looks at the creators ofIt seems that the main country sheltered fleeing the Nazis, was not Argentina but Canada. Only this explains why the son of Joseph Goebbels wrote the scenario of the game. Scenario liar from the beginning to the end and main task creators apparently in order to justify the Nazis and slander and blame for the crimes of the Nazis, those who defeated them. Goebbels looks at the creators of the game from hell, and smiles happily. Hitler happily wish you a long life. This is not a game it is the embodiment of lies Expand
  93. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another AntiRed game. Why not? I'ts like a mainstream today to show, khm...to show "how brutal was the russian tiranny". Thank God I ain't bought it. Played it on my pal's PC.
    If you american? buy it.
    If you don't give a to realy history? Sure thing buy it, you'll love it.
    If you're pretty sure, that there was some tiranny in USSR? Game's made for you.
    If you sure that russian soldiers were killing women and children? I feel sorry for you and...YES! This game was made for you!
    Rest of you, those, who still can think with your heads stay away form this game.
    "Historical" bull****
  94. Jul 24, 2013
    Deceitful and despicable game! The total distortion of historical reality. For what was it done? Shame on the story writers and publishers!
    Don't buy this game!
  95. Jul 25, 2013
    This game was an attempt to create something similar to Red Alert. I see no other explanation for such a miserable story line. If the game was made consciously "serious", it is very sad.
    The game is called Company of Heroes, but who are the heroes here?
  96. Jul 25, 2013
    It happens that some people can't not to slander anyone, but they must still know when to stop. (с)

===============================================================================
  97. Jul 25, 2013
    Absolute lies, propaganda of fascism and russophobia in its purest form. Bad campaign, bad gameplay, useless as strategy. It's just a mockery of fallen Soviet soldiers who gave their lives for the victory over Nazism.
  98. Jul 25, 2013
    Story and gameplay worst I have seen. Relic and THQ really was good companys, but that was before. Now I will not buy there games. There many real good game developer now, for eqsample WARGAMING!
  99. Jul 25, 2013
    Completely idiotic balance. Disgusting Dirty lie on the best advice of Goebbels. Outdated graphics. Settling sound. Game for morons. Relic degraded. They wanted to draw attention players of his sick imagination or they screenwriter idiot? I think the original crap soldiers Soviet Union? These are just crap themselves.
  100. Jul 25, 2013
    Wow typical american garbage, da poldke n ruski vy vesha tebia andor! 0 out of 0 worst game ever! I recommend buying this game just o burn it! worst ruble ever spent~

1. Oct 7, 2013