Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 3, 2013
    This game is really not as good as CoH 1, not even close. The number of day 1 DLCs is total joke. I mean WtF??? this game got DLC like it was free to play game, but it is not. AI is also really horrible.
  2. Sep 24, 2013
    Yet another trash "game" that is nothing but a stripped down demo, waiting to be "enhanced" by an endless parade of DLC. Another franchise ruined by horrible business practices. Playing this game in full will cost in the hundreds, and even then, it is a shadow of the original (totally complete and awesome) Company of Heroes. This game is great if you enjoy helping to fund a greedy gameYet another trash "game" that is nothing but a stripped down demo, waiting to be "enhanced" by an endless parade of DLC. Another franchise ruined by horrible business practices. Playing this game in full will cost in the hundreds, and even then, it is a shadow of the original (totally complete and awesome) Company of Heroes. This game is great if you enjoy helping to fund a greedy game executive's third summer home. Expand
  3. Jul 31, 2013
    Metacritic is BROKEN. I have just seen over 200 user reviews clearly written by the same person.
    I have no doubt that this is the case these hundreds of reviews. All taking about what a terrible war WWII was, how the writers family suffered etc. Many of them contain the exact same spelling mistake. All of them go on about "Russian suffereing" and hardly ever mention the game. Either one person using a bot to create accounts (very VERY simple) and post gazillions of reviews (very VERY simple using UBot 4.1 and some proxies). THis devalues Metacrtic and shows the arrogance of someone who thinks that their opinion in worth that of hundreds of other people and must be artificially aplified to ensure his will pervails. The sort of arrogance and method Stalin might have used if he were alive or Hitler! The game IS crap however. How on earth the magazones give it 8+ is beyond me. It's not a "0" though maybe a 3 but it is a very poor game. Terrible AI, poorly optimized, nerfed in terms of strategy from the original. Not very good at all. Just wish it could have earned this low score naturally rather then having someone so obviously force the issue with voting bots.
  4. Jul 9, 2013
    What happened during the development? Did the developers get lazy and decide to just take the original game and change the characters? Don't turn into the strategy version of CoD. This game had so much potential, but they screwed it up, but they went "Hey here is your game, this is so good... HAHA suckers! We got your money now!"
  5. Aug 22, 2016
    It is always more interesting to show something from an uncommon view. We know the WW2 from the USA view, because of their propaganda, so I am always looking forward for new content. Unfortunately they show in the core 1 thing: bad Russians. If you know the real history and who made by far the most losses in the WW2 it becomes a shame. With this background it was not easy for me to getIt is always more interesting to show something from an uncommon view. We know the WW2 from the USA view, because of their propaganda, so I am always looking forward for new content. Unfortunately they show in the core 1 thing: bad Russians. If you know the real history and who made by far the most losses in the WW2 it becomes a shame. With this background it was not easy for me to get into the story and dialogs. The Gameplay was better in CoH 1, although it wasnt perfect in my view. But CoH 2 has more weaknesses. Expand
  6. Oct 11, 2013
    A complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians andA complete travesty this game is. I really enjoyed the first CoH games. When I finally got CoH2 I was expecting it to be a beautiful RTS based on WW2. Instead all I got was the same CoH graphics, only buggier, jagged, and far laggier. The game was pretty much the same. No, it was a step back! The campaign is absolute garbage. I also picked up on the slight racism towards the Russians and glorifying the Germans. As a Russian I felt a bit annoyed.
    Multiplayer is slighty better quality, but the lack of a lobby pits you with random players, most of which lag severely or drop out in the first 5 minutes of the game.

What an awful game. Get the first Company of Heroes games over this POS.
  7. Jul 4, 2013
    terrible performance issues same graphics as the old game absolutly nuthing has changed here i cant believe this scam they really are juts cashing in on the name no effort was made when making this game and it shows steer clear.
  8. Jul 28, 2013
    This is very bad game. Huge disappointment for me. Company of Heroes 1 was the best strategy game i ever played. This one is so bad that my head wants to explode. Nothing more to say. Don't buy this, save money for something that is worth playing for 15 or 30 hours. I want my money back.
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  10. Nov 16, 2014
    after i have played COH and its expansions for 5 years, i expected better game than this
    everything is too samey and actually the game is worse than COH becuz its high spec requirement and dipping fps. the graphic is not great even though it used all resources on my gaming laptop
    dev took vacation for 5 years and suddenly run short of cash so they decided to make sequel with a little improved graphics? i think this should stop from gaming industry. dev loses passion, they take long break from beloved franchise then they got back into developing new games with little idea and ambition
    the result of it has clearly shown in this game and total war rome2 (another disappointed title in this year)
    like hard shelled breads in cabinet for 2 years, this game feels like stale stuff and nuisance to get rid of quickly
  11. May 28, 2015
    “In Paris they just simply opened their eyes and stared when we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.” - Mark Twain
  12. Jun 30, 2013
    Even worse than company of heroes 1 Game is the same except instead of usa you have russia.
    Gameplay is still horrible Group of infantry running casually infront of MG nests and not dieing Then they just sprint away Im giving this 1 point of out of pity 50 far too much for this game Should be 5
  13. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH. Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH 8 years ago. The exact same thing with slightly new skins and voices. Well whatever I just hope people read this and save their money. Trust me when I tell you it's not worth it.
  14. Dec 26, 2015
    By the time you get use to the recent patch changes Relic changes it up again.

By the time you get use to the recent patch changes Relic changes it up again.

One of the worst player bases I've ever played with. Loose a match and they cry OP and beg relic to nerf the Allied factions while buffing the Axis in which they usually do. No one knows how to play this game, stay away unless you plan on joining friends. Just go on the discussion page and see how pathetic these people are. For the game itself, it's.. Eh just stay away from this game. Isn't worth it unless you get it on a good sale. I'll admit this game wasn't bad but the god damn patches every month just keep ruining it because they attempt to balance it while they're just making things worse.

Oh and as a tip, you might as well just do PvP because the AI are smarter than actual players. Not to mention how crazy the AI is now, with a mix of being stupid.
  15. Sep 16, 2013
    Don't even think about buying this, let me save you the money and time that I unfortunately wasted on this horrendous game. I honestly think you would do better with CoH 1, which to my eyes is a far superior game.
  16. Jul 27, 2013
    I honestly don't know what there is to say about this game. There really isn't much to say. It's mediocre. The campaign is boring and feels extremely detached. Campaign missions have no real story depth, poorly designed, and fails to create an sense of the epic scale of the Eastern Front. Where did the epic tank battles go? When did the intense fighting for Berlin go? No interestingI honestly don't know what there is to say about this game. There really isn't much to say. It's mediocre. The campaign is boring and feels extremely detached. Campaign missions have no real story depth, poorly designed, and fails to create an sense of the epic scale of the Eastern Front. Where did the epic tank battles go? When did the intense fighting for Berlin go? No interesting characters. Mediocre.

Gameplay is essentially the same as the previous installment, just with the interesting gameplay elements and units removed and replaced by the same unit that comes in different variations. Commander abilities are also uninteresting. Some units are blatantly better than others.

Sound and audio are essentially the same as the previous game. Around the same quality. Dialogue seems awkward and boring.

Mediocre.
  17. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is a DO NOT BUY. Shallow content. CoH1 was far superior. Few maps, few units. Its as if they took our beloved original and consolized it. Performs poorly, maps are very uninspired and boring. Like city maps, sorry. This is a cash grab game and people that really know the first one will be sickened by this attempt.

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not

I knew it was beyond suspect playing through the beta and not enjoying it. They simply took the old game and swiss cheesed it, removed sweet features and content. The only positive thing I can mention is the variable weather but even that leaves a bit to be desired. Its more like snow blizzards that come in cycles.

Beware of fake reviews. After reading most of the reviews, most of the highly rated ones are blatantly bogus.
  18. Jul 3, 2013
    This is a joke. 7 years later we get this? I am referring not only to the amount of content (which is pitiful AND they are selling DLCs starting day one) but also to the scope of innovations (which is functioning in REVERSE). Gameplay wise this a dumbed down version of original coh that manages to run like on high-end gaming PCs. End of the story.
  19. Jul 23, 2013
    Sorry this game is a complete disappointment. I've played Company of Heroes 1 and it is one of my favourite games of all time. Now this one plays like it is written by a completely different programmer team. The story is awful, gameplay is dumbed down. Waste of time and money!
  20. Oct 16, 2013
    After 200 hours played, I'm writing this review.
    Day 1 DLC, Pay to win commanders you can only unlock with real money and only work with multiplayer, and one of the most bafflingly bad million-dollar single player campaign I've ever seen in a game, Company of Heroes 2 fails on all fronts when it easily should have soared.
    The amount of reviews that seem to skip the actual gameplay to
    After 200 hours played, I'm writing this review.

The amount of reviews that seem to skip the actual gameplay to focus on "It's a nice game" sicken me and only further prove the rampant decline of gaming journalism.
  21. Sep 6, 2013
    Played this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete wastePlayed this for around 8 days now and purchased it off Steam the other day so paid full price because I thought it would be worth it. I was extremely sad to realise the lack of effort and innovation they have put into this game. I thought after all this time they could have made it a lot better and all it is pretty much is COH 1 remastered with newer textures and graphics. Complete waste of money, absolute joke. Expand
  22. Jul 18, 2013
    There is no multiplayer balancing at all. German's are completely overpowered once they get tanks and anti infantry. Soviets have about 2 mins at the start where they have a slight edge, then it's auto win for germans.

Do not buy this game if you like multiplayer! 75% of the players take german. This gives you an idea of how overpowered they are. I mean the German have anti tank

I mean the German have anti tank missles (not bazookas) that out range a tank. Ridiculous.
  23. Jul 24, 2016
    No idea how they managed to screw things up so badly, after COH1 being such a great game. I dont really care about single player although it was miles better in first comapany of heroes and even tho the balance was never a realic's strong suit I still preferred the first game in multiplayer. COH2 falls flat on its face with so many microtransactions built in, the best example are theNo idea how they managed to screw things up so badly, after COH1 being such a great game. I dont really care about single player although it was miles better in first comapany of heroes and even tho the balance was never a realic's strong suit I still preferred the first game in multiplayer. COH2 falls flat on its face with so many microtransactions built in, the best example are the commanders, in COH1 theyre were great, all were unlocked and they felt really distinct, all were usable and it was easier to balance them in COH2 you dont have a tree you can choose the abilities from but just a linear progression of either useless or overpowered units/abilities... I feel like the units paths are considerably worse than in COH1 and I never thought I would say such a thing. The whole snow mechanic is debatable imo it doesnt add anything to game game its more of an annoyance than anything. All in all really disappointed on how this one turned out. Expand
  24. Sep 30, 2014
    Wow! The cold war is far from over I see. The cardinal sins here re the terrible story that might only satisfy the brain dead who readily subscribe to propaganda and the lack of optimisation causing the game to stutter, besides it being more of the same old same old. There used to be a game "Soldiers" back in the day... used to be pretty decent, then they released "Soldiers 2" which wasWow! The cold war is far from over I see. The cardinal sins here re the terrible story that might only satisfy the brain dead who readily subscribe to propaganda and the lack of optimisation causing the game to stutter, besides it being more of the same old same old. There used to be a game "Soldiers" back in the day... used to be pretty decent, then they released "Soldiers 2" which was pure terrible wrapped in crap, at the same time the first COH appeared, which was in the same WWII niche doing everything better than "Soldiers 2", actually looking a lot better and running on any PC configuration I had flawlessly as opposed to the aforementioned. COH 2 is lucky there's no other company delivering a similar product. Expand
  25. Sep 7, 2013
    What is this? What has relic done with company of heroes?

First of all, the graphics are sh*t even if everything is maxed out, and the voice acting is sh*t and the story line is SO far off it's offensive! The weather system is f*ckin dumb and over hyped. The gameplay feels cheap. Overall this game is sh*t. Play CoH1 instead, at least its not overpriced.
  26. Jul 26, 2013
    Old Gameplay, bad storyline. I think, that this game is producing by Hilter from the Hell. I buy it on the Steam and now i am very angry. I want to take my money back!
  27. Apr 26, 2014
    This is false, anti-Soviet, anti-Russian game that has nothing to do with the real history! It offends the memory of the entire Soviet people (at the moment all the people living in the former Soviet Union), who sacrificed their lives and fought for their motherland, their country, their people, their relatives.
  28. Apr 14, 2014
    So here it goes. When I've tried COH i liked it straight away, i have played it everything was great, and every game was diferent, and you could play diferently and uses diferrent tactis, and your oponent would adjust to that, and you would play more because it was enertaining, heart pounding action. While enjoying the sound, video effects, vehicle movements, etc. It was great. Now thenSo here it goes. When I've tried COH i liked it straight away, i have played it everything was great, and every game was diferent, and you could play diferently and uses diferrent tactis, and your oponent would adjust to that, and you would play more because it was enertaining, heart pounding action. While enjoying the sound, video effects, vehicle movements, etc. It was great. Now then again me and probably everyone else was thinking it would be great to play as soviets, and as we found out about COH2 it was a really great news. Now when comparing both games you don't need to be a pro in games, all you need to is to play both games, and then you see how bad COH 2 is. It is just bad game, thats all.

First thing when i installed it on my laptop, I was surprised that it was lagging on lowest settings, (even though i can play original COH on medium-high settings) and it looked disgusting.

Second - interface, who created it I do not know, but i know that the team responsible for it probably never even played RTS before, or are completely incompetent when it comes to design, very very amateur work. so much unecessary stuff is cramped on your screen. Cursor animations are horrible, it would suit for 2000s game or so, but not COH, come on.

Comand trees are gone, you have only one choice between three commanders, and then 5 of their abilities (and they do have similar abilities between them, and at least one is completely passive).

Every game feels the same, you have to be completely aggressive all the time.

Anyways most of the things have been explained by other people. Conclusion, I am not recommending this game. It very average game - kind of like a cheap remake, when a crappy company would copy a great and succesful product. Thats what COH2 is to COH. Do not bother buying it, enjoy COH, like I am. Peace
  29. Jul 10, 2013
    just buy COH1 its better than this game poorly optimized rubbish and i don't know were these developers get of charging £40 for a pc games what a rip off joke avoided it at all cost but maybe buy it in a sale when its about £25 do yourself a favor.
  30. Jul 30, 2013
    Why is the game called Company of Heroes? It should be called Company of Cowards, Traitors and Idiots. What idiot wrote the script?

Anybody. Buy a brain for this invalid.

1. Pelit (Finland)