• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2013
2.1

1. Jul 23, 2013
    I have one piece of advice for developers Learn the history before creating such a****! Otherwise, menacing and terrible Ivan-destroyer will come and you will be punished!
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    Terrible game. It has nothing looking like real historical facts.Everything is lie! Creator of this game must be burnt in the hell. And their friend Hitler will be their neighbour.
  3. Jul 27, 2013
    Disgusting russophobic piece of code. "Red Alert" is more historically accurate. Authors don't know anything about Russia or USSR rather than usual Cold War BritishAmerican propaganda cliches: "Russians are man-eating bloodthirsty no-brained orcs and they are always bad". And this is another piece of such russophobic propaganda. I hope, demonic Cossacks and bear cavalry will be added inDisgusting russophobic piece of code. "Red Alert" is more historically accurate. Authors don't know anything about Russia or USSR rather than usual Cold War BritishAmerican propaganda cliches: "Russians are man-eating bloodthirsty no-brained orcs and they are always bad". And this is another piece of such russophobic propaganda. I hope, demonic Cossacks and bear cavalry will be added in the next patch, cause the game isn't realistic enough without them. Expand
  4. Jul 23, 2013
    Monstrous in its stupidity and irrationality single player campaign. Terribly no-balanced multiplayer. Developers should be ashamed of this game. This game can be considered a "fail of the year"
  5. Jul 23, 2013
    Excuse me, are you serious? Contribution to the victory of the Soviet Union undeniable, so you can not just throw mud story. Even if it is someone else's.
  6. Jul 23, 2013
    Just spit in the soul. Thanks Relic

Я, Relic Героях.
    "ибо его."(Матф.16:24-28)
  7. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a piece of anti-Soviet and anti-Russian propaganda. It insults any Russian and humiliates the memory of the fallen warriors. Wake up, guys, the Cold War ended more than 20 years ago.
  8. Aug 4, 2013
    I usually buy the game, after reading the reviews and comments. Then meet with the gameplay and story. In this game, the lack of basic common sense to buy it because of what infamy not recommend to anyone., There are lot of people in Russia who love and remember their history. And a lot of players who like to play computer games based on World War II. I found more than 3000 negativeI usually buy the game, after reading the reviews and comments. Then meet with the gameplay and story. In this game, the lack of basic common sense to buy it because of what infamy not recommend to anyone., There are lot of people in Russia who love and remember their history. And a lot of players who like to play computer games based on World War II. I found more than 3000 negative reviews, and join them. The number of potential buyers who have not bought the game because of the presence of delirium in the story (but who do not want specifically to climb to the site and put "dislikes") is thousands of times more. Steam games on sale for 799 rubles. Let the creators mul-tiply the number of potential buyers on the value and bite your elbows. And after making a normal story, the number of sold copies could be increased by several times! Only due to the failure in Russia they have not reached the mini-mum quarter of a million dollars, and could collect three or four times as much! I think, it may be increased by an order.
    I know how my grandfathers fought and for which they received military awards. One of them was wounded twice in the war. They stopped the Nazis due to their proficiency and courage, and I can not afford to let any monsters maligned the memory of them. They are rest in peace now and eternal glory, but the creators of this game I wish bankruptcy and oblivion!
  9. Jul 24, 2013
    Game completely distorts the history of the WWII and offends the feelings of Russian, do you are avenge the loss in hockey 30 years ago? shame on you relic!!!
  10. Jul 24, 2013
    Game developers too fond of Nazis. The entire game is imbued with hatred for the Soviet soldiers that defeated fascism. Stalin did not like the gift rastrelivat moral monsters. Too bad he came to Canada.
  11. Jul 24, 2013
    This is not a game, it's a slap in the face. My ancestors put health, youth and life is not for seventy years later, the descendants of those for whose freedom they fought, and watered them and their slop feat.

I apologize for my English.
  12. Jul 24, 2013
    As a huge fan of the first COH and Relic's long list of AAA titles, I really expected to like this game. For all the reason others have listed, this game is monumental let down. I liken its failure to that of Diablo 3; we waited how long for this?

Pay to win day one DLC on a game I just bought for $60. Shameful single player story and gameplay. Massively imbalanced multiplayer. There is no reason anyone should buy this game. Save your cash fellow gamers.
  13. Jul 24, 2013
    Okay, okay Games from Nazi Germany for a long time did not come out. Finally it came out, Goebbels happy. Advise developers to open at least once in life history textbook, disgusting game.
  14. Jul 24, 2013
    It seems that the story of this game came up with Dr. Goebbels himself. The developers of this game so much hate Russia and Germany love that they are ready for any lie?
  15. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic you are a company of nazi. But for the next game i have some ideas for you:
  16. Jul 24, 2013
    wow doctor Gebbles and Adolf Hitler would be so proud...anti Russian propaganda is just overflowing... I mean really... game called "Stalin against Martians" has more historical reality than this.... "game"
  17. Jul 23, 2013
    Writer of Relic, sama real Nazi. The plot of the game a complete lie, nonsense, prana. The story not really a lie. It is better to do these on your Warhammer.
  18. Jul 24, 2013
    It's a shame to make such a scenario. Those stamps just based on Nazi propoganda. Stalin is a russian Hitler, he ate thousands of infants by himself.
    I can not understand how they won the war and save us from Nazies, if the evil Soviet Union shot of all the Soviet soldiers.
  19. Jul 24, 2013
    The story is not true and is a complete falsification of the history of Russia and its methods of warfare. The Soviet soldiers did not burn the civilian population of the Russia. Detachments did not shoot the retreating soldiers, and were engaged in catching deserters. Russia won the war and not the detachments of the NKVD, and solidarity and heroism of the population.The people who wroteThe story is not true and is a complete falsification of the history of Russia and its methods of warfare. The Soviet soldiers did not burn the civilian population of the Russia. Detachments did not shoot the retreating soldiers, and were engaged in catching deserters. Russia won the war and not the detachments of the NKVD, and solidarity and heroism of the population.The people who wrote the story, totally unaware of the history of the country, about which they were writing this story. Expand
  20. Jul 24, 2013
    "Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans." absolutly!
    "Russians eating russians, great story, no history at all. Hello, we were people, not orcs! Bugs, frezes, too overpriced. This should be presented, but I have no idea to who."
  21. Jul 24, 2013
  22. Jul 25, 2013
    The most bad game of the year! !Russians eating russians you crazy, it's awesome!!!!!
    For people don't buy this save money!!!!!!!!
    Who read really history and books?????
  23. Jul 25, 2013
    I'm sure, Joseph Goebbels would approve this game. Single campaign is impudent and unashamed lie, which give out for the truth.
    I do not understand why you did it, Relic? The Cold War is long over. You had to reflect the real crimes during World War II, not invented.
  24. Jul 25, 2013
    This is what should be the moral monsters that would write such a script? Complete rudeness and ignorance of the history of the great derzhave.Prosto spit in the soul!
    After this game personally for what and when did not buy from you and your Board of the game.
  25. Jul 25, 2013
    The plot is a propagandistic anti-Russian lie. It would be quite suitable for West teens, taking into account western "beautiful" educational school system, but it's so rude, that even these teens may suspect that something is wrong.
  26. Jul 25, 2013
    The anti-Soviet and anti-Russian propaganda. The Nazis have to be happy with this game.
    Why are they called the game "Сompany of Heroes"? It should have been called "Сompany of Lies."
    You should be ashamed, Relic. You are humiliated and insulted the army that saved their country and liberated Europe from Nazism. The Nazis would have cooked soap out of your directors in a concentration camp if the Red Army did not come to Berlin.
  27. Jul 25, 2013
    Good graphic, good gameplay, but, history a complete lie. Scenario an illogical, senseless and merciless. A lot of fictional, and a lot of it does not match. Scenarist teach history!
  28. Jul 25, 2013
    What was it?
    Sincere error or a deliberate lie?
    Very sad. In the style of the Cold War. Even worse.

"This Nazi game made by Nazis." Or fools. For the Nazis, or fools.
  29. Jul 25, 2013
    false, untrue game. The only judgment that it deserves it's zero, because in this game, nothing other than the historical names. Sorry for my bad Search result used a translator
  30. Jul 25, 2013
    The Apotheosis of idiocy and stupid cliche that try to pass off as a real historical event. Was this game developed descendants of the Nazis, who thus try to change the perception of history?
  31. Jul 25, 2013
    I agree, CoH2 was made by J. Goebbels fans. It has incorrect or rather twisted portrayal of the Soviet Army and NKVD, multiple pseudo-historical stereotypes and inaccuracies. Russians were shown as barbarians, who did not want to protect their homeland and killed more of their own people than the enemy. What a bull****.

I can say that in Russia every family has had a relative who lost

I can say that in Russia every family has had a relative who lost his life during WWII. Not a single family was left without a sacrifice. This game is an insult to memory of those heroes. Shame on you, Relic.

I hope the game will be banned in CIS.
  32. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is junk. I feel swindled by Relic and I will be returning this trash the first chance I get. I'll file a chargeback on my credit card if they give me that 'no returns on open box' crap.

The campaign is an insult to anyone with even an elementary knowledge of history. I, myself, am a victim of US public school and even I feel like someone's trying to shove revisionist crap down my throat. What were they thinking!?

Game play is incredibly tedious. AI is terrible, mechanics are ridiculous, and the whole thing just drags on and on. Graphics are very poor and I feel like they were made for someone with a wooden computer.

Waited 7 years to get this garbage. Sigh.
  33. Jul 29, 2013
    We want COH3!!!
    In COH3 we want to see how good americans and UK soldiers bomb Dresden with refugee.
    In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers rape japanese girls. In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers soldier collects souvenirs from bones and tooth of japanese soldiers. How about
    We want COH3!!!
    In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    In COH3 we want to see how good americans soldiers rape japanese girls.

How about this FACTS, Relic? Do you remember this
  34. Jul 26, 2013
    for mazeh russia let zeh scenarists hav kancer

russophobia and a set of myths about the heroism of the Soviet people. Developers like the Nazis rather than a Russian who saved their asses. Storyline like the idiots who do not have representation of the heroism of the Soviet people, and read the "historical", "facts" from the books of the traitor and a liar Solzhenitsyn. Russians
    for mazeh russia let zeh scenarists hav kancer

35. Jul 26, 2013
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  36. Jul 26, 2013
    Goebbels propaganda sad triple facepalm. Just watched a review and definitely never going to pay for that.

Why, Relic? Why?! You were such a good dev once..
  37. Jul 26, 2013
    This game distorts people's perceptions of World War II. Such a shame, Relic. I hope this is your last game, because making such nonsense it's just ignominy.
  38. Jul 26, 2013
    Game is not really about WWII, it's another story about how EVIL the Soviet Union was. Nazis there are barely even mentioned. The storyline is all about what monsters russians were (are?).
    The game itself sucks. Gameplay hasn't changed since the first part of series no changes, improvements at all (what for people will BUY it anyway, right?) Graphics are not that impressive at all, considering system requirements which really crazy (I mean not what's written on the box, but what game actually needs to run smoothly).
    Waste of money.
  39. Jul 26, 2013
    I am sorry about my bad English.
    Boring gameplay, awesome graphic for srategy genre, but lies from single player campaign unacceptable for any educated people. I cant play this game, after second mission i removed that from my PC.
  40. Jul 27, 2013
    Shame on you Relic. I have spent money to see how the history of my country is doused with mud. There are thousands veterans still living all around exUSSR so please talk to them next time you wanna make game about Eastern Front.
  41. Jul 27, 2013
    This is a very bad game. The developers, writers and producers of this game are morons. If you like a lie, slander, brainwash play this game. Hitler and Goebbels just love to play it.
  42. Jul 27, 2013
    I was totally disappointed after watching the story in the single player campaign. The title "Company of Heroes" made me think that the story is about heroes which I believe my ancestors were. However, they were pictured as people I can't be proud of and can't follow their examples at all. No more words. I try to be polite.
  43. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is not just looks like it is one ot those games which are meant to mess up your brains and history knowledge, or just kill them both. Even in Germany there are a lot of prohibitions on everything that relates to fascism because they don`t want to remember horrible things which they did to France, Russia and even their own country. And here in canada in less then a century we seeThis game is not just looks like it is one ot those games which are meant to mess up your brains and history knowledge, or just kill them both. Even in Germany there are a lot of prohibitions on everything that relates to fascism because they don`t want to remember horrible things which they did to France, Russia and even their own country. And here in canada in less then a century we see a Hitler`s best fans, stupid enough to quote Goebbels. Which trying to persuade us, that it was Russian soldiers who set houses with alive people on fire instead of recruiting them or I don`t know, just letting them run away and support army in other ways. So it was not great perfect race of fascists who burn Russian people alive when they were out of jews, make sense? Who burn all cities and killed all people on the way of german army? Sure it was Russians, germans just smelled flowers and watch rainbows on their way.

Unfortunately I cannot evaluate gameplay better because this game in highly unstable and crushes or freezes too often and without interesting tactical missions or story I don`t see any reason to beat this dead horse.

As for nazi relic I haven`t seen such disrespect for my country from anything or anyone sane for a long time. My own grandfather fought in this war and returned home with a dent from a fragment of a shell and blind dead eye, but never I heard from him or any other veterans who actually participated in real combat of this war anything like this crap you call "historical facts".

I will make sure to stay away from your future titles and keep away my friends and acquaintance, and yes, we are those people who pays for games we play (even though there are a lot of ways to get them for free). I also inform everyone I can about your attitude toward my country.

And don`t be confused it is not a hate letter. It is despise letter.
  44. Jul 27, 2013
    Sorry for my bad English The game is disgusting. I think that the developers of the Nazis because they RESPECT Germans more than the country defeated Nazism ie the USSR ("certain countries" only pretended that helped to open a second front when he was not needed) All in all the game was terribly false and deceitful it in all that regards the Soviet Union
  45. Jul 27, 2013
    Its Funny how Westerners think they know our History better than us. Am not denying that some of this things did happened on Eastern Front, but to make it seem that it all it was is Idiotic. I am very disappointed with this game. I paid money for anti-russian propaganda. Also stop saying "well its the truth" its not, its the truth of YOUR government and its not Universal. Damn kids.....
  46. Jul 27, 2013
    Propaganda of fascism is not allowed.
    I am deeply sorry that this once respected studio creates games to defame the story of a great people and a great country.
    Justify the creation of such games means to maintain a lie and justify fascism.
  47. Jul 27, 2013
  48. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic, send the employees back to school to study!
    Peoples, don't spend money for this poverty!
    This creation fascist promotion!
    Relic You Relic history!
  49. Jul 25, 2013
    The worst game about WW2. Falsification of historical facts. Really Nazi propaganda game.
    ============================================================================
  50. Jul 25, 2013
    Shame on you! Hope your next game describes genocide of native americans. Don't buy this "game" .
    The campaign story is awful, I think they used the same historical adviser from the movie "Enemy at the Gates". Canadian developers put their fears into game scenario. Awful.
  51. Jul 24, 2013
    Orctownorc said it perfectly. And I qoute "To have half the army doctrines also removed as mini-DLCs is an example of the publisher engaging in the worst kind of nickel-and diming, as though this was a free-to play title."
    Sega bought this title when THQ went under and took all the doctrines out and made them DLC to squeeze every last penny out of this game. I paid FULL PRICE for this game and I don't expect to have to PAY TO BE COMPETITIVE in multiplayer with DLC. Sega, you are cheap-ass money-grubbing whores and don't deserve to continue being in business.
  52. Jul 24, 2013
    Unfortunately, despite good visuals and somewhat engaging multiplayer, the single player campaign is something I did not expect from Relic. As a fan of history I just cannot advise buying this game. Looks like scriptwriters education is based on cold-war propaganda and not on any serious historical research.
  53. Jul 25, 2013
    Game with such bad story is politically motivated, so there is nothing to be surprised when people express their discontent.

It's sad when the "west" is trying to justify Nazism. This game the justification of Nazism. Collapse!!1
  54. Jul 27, 2013
    I thought it's impossible to make more anti-historic and russophobic thing than the notorious movie "Enemy at the Gate". I was wrong. The creators of Company of Heroes 2 went way beyond thas.
  55. Jul 28, 2013
    Another russophobic fantasy based on another russophobic fantasies based on yet another russophobic fantasies based on Goebbels. Know your roots, Relic.
  56. Jul 28, 2013
    The first part of the game about the heroes on the alien land. The second part of the game about coward russian on his country!!!!! How they win????!!
  57. Jul 29, 2013
    Plot, probably written by a Joseph Gebbels himself, or his most loyal fans, which also makes no sense and is dumber than anything you've ever seen before. Outdated mechanics, nothing new. Game made canadian nazis. Don't buy, don't even download this piece of...
  58. Jul 25, 2013
    The authors insult the memory of the heroes of war.The authors insult the memory of the heroes of war. Expand
  59. Jul 25, 2013
    Well, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and notWell, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and not some western Goebbels-style propaganda. Expand
  60. Jul 25, 2013
    Again bad russians.If not, we would not have been liberal in Europe and America.You would all be under the totalitarian rule of Fascists and the Nazis

Also advise you to see this video

61. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is made by nazis no doubt.Russian soldiers burning down russian houses with people in it?Are u kidding me?Suck a bag of d...s,Relic.This game is just a nazi propaganda.Gebbels would have been pleased to play this piece of nazi crap.
  62. Jul 26, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is not a game. This is not a strategy. This is an insult to the memory and heroism of the Soviet people. This Nazi propaganda.
    Nobody is forgotten, nothing is forgotten. Greetings from the Сity-hero of Kiev!
  63. Jul 27, 2013
    Is eat children's for breakfast in Canada? May be every man has nail in his head in Canada? Or is evil Russians make from Toronto ruins? What is the heads Canadians? Only pepsi?
  64. Jul 28, 2013
    Theatre of the Absurd.
    Mad russkies.
    Bears with accordions.
    Nazis occultists.
    Vodka-matrioshka-balalayka.
    VASYA STRELYAI.
    Game-misunderstand in best traditions of Cold War.
  65. Aug 3, 2013
    I doubt that developers of this piece of know nothing about history. They do.

So, they are making propaganda very similar to Nazis propaganda. May be with similar intentions?
  66. Jul 23, 2013
    Continuation of the best leaders were rare dermom.Pro single from the Nazis, and I will not write, others have written here. As for multiplayer it is sooo crude, I do not see any difference from the beta (other than adding the God contrary singla.Goret developers in hell for this
  67. Jul 23, 2013
    Tomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let theTomorrow these people will make the game which will hang black people, Jews and Asians. It's a horrible, disgusting game propagators of fascism and dehumanize. The creators of this creation should burn in hell next to the soldiers of the SS. We can assume that anyone who has spent money on this crap poddrezhal idea of fascism, racism, the Holocaust, and other similar ideas. Let the families of these freaks are burning in hell. You can also note the prehistoric period hideous graphics, animation disgusting. The Soviet Union fiction perfect country, but he was no worse than the dastardly European countries, France and England. And certainly no worse than cowardly and stupid America. Takchto do not try to even pick up this sad Not sponsored fascism and racism in the modern world. Peace, prosperity and good to all. Expand
  68. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is an insult to me as a Russian man.
    The authors did not study history or just idiots.
    I was not able to play this vomit.
    I want to get my money back, they do not deserve them.
  69. Jul 23, 2013
    This is concentrated frustration of authors that get the defensive squad behind their backs to infromation attack to soviet union.

Probably, authors are the zombie sexuals.
  70. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game offends me, my family and loved ones!
    I demand to stop sales and of the penalty a fine on the company!!!!!!!!!
  71. Jul 23, 2013
    Most importantly, this game's plot involves the complex matter as the USSR history in the WW2. One does not simply get a random 'parahistory' book and write a story that sells in millions of copies. The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting.
    Here in CIS we do believe that WWII was won by the Allies, who do represent the best of human qualities like bravery, cunning, self-sacrificial courage and honesty. The game developers see the best of the USSR as instantly evil thing. It's not like that at all.

Second reason is to protect the young people from that propaganda. Every person should think for itself, but it's difficult to do when you're a teenager. In the CIS countries you CAN buy a box game even if you DO NOT hit the necessary age. So the only way to solve a problem is through you.

And the last reason is to make the game developers listen to the voice of sanity. If you do accept our call, them Relics will think twice before releasing a game with THAT kind of plot.
  72. Jul 24, 2013
    I'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes ofI'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes of mongols in backs if they would not attack, executing those who would attack before they used their whistles, he even made surgery to some of the wounded, that saved their lives, he helped thousands of victims of Bolsheviks who managed to escape from their penal troops, making them new faces and documents, transplanted extermites to those who had 4 or less so they could live.
    Bolsheviks killed everyone, they closed people in houses and burned them alive inside, it was Stalins order as we know now, I even saw this order in museum of WW2 in Toronto. As we know now Stalin was the pure evil, he not only killed 200 million in his own country, but ordered to execute all germans. Nobody survived in territories occupied by Bolsheviks, my grandfather managed to escape from his private clinic where Bolsheviks locked him up with polish partisans who were shot in backs during Warsaw rebellion and whom he tried to help. Only him managed to survive and escape to the west, to territory liberated by our democratic friends, who listened to his story and helped him hide from Bolsheviks. Later, as he said, all territories that were occupied by Bolsheviks were settled by OGPU agents, disguised as germans, so he told me to beware of eastern germans, if I decide to go to Berlin.
    I'm very grateful for finally it is time for the truth even in games, it is sad that game has Mature rating, for every kid should know about heroism of people like my grandfather who fought together with American friends against bolshevism and genocide it brought. Please contact me for more info about my grandfather if you want to make a game about him!
    10 out of 10!
  73. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
  74. Jul 25, 2013
    Why do we let canada be a country? xD Cool story, Relic.
    I wish I could rate this with negative score.
    I hope there is a separate cauldron in hell for developers of this "game".
    Cauldron of Hell 2. kekeke
  75. Jul 29, 2013
    bad bad bad bad game based on fictional book collection of liberal, american ang nazi myths. do not buy, do not support developers, avoid at all costs
  76. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't get what it takes to give a positive review on this game. It's not even close to the successful first part.
    I even don't know why is it called "Company of Heroes 2" except for marketing reasons since all the Russian persons (except Lev Abramovich Isakovich) in the game are either traitors, either cowards, either sadists or all together combined. If you really hate Soviet people that much, if your name is Hitler, Goebbels or Ronald Reagan than this is your game.
    Probably, the developers wanted to compensate their unability to create a successful game by turning it into an outcrying Russophobe propaganda piece.
  77. Jul 29, 2013
    Goebbels endorses this game! Relic able to accurately reproduce his speeches. Bravo! On the official forum of the game all the questions about the inaccuracies in the singleplayer ignored by them. Members of the former Soviet Union block by IP-address.
  78. Jul 30, 2013
    As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.

Many will say, "It's just a game, do not treat it so seriously!" And they would be right, if the game was named, for example, "Scum on the war," but the game is called "Company of Heroes 2" Company of HEROES, and represents USSR and Joseph Stalin's policy and events which allegedly took place in Soviet Union during the World War II. If a game of such "quality" was made ​​by historical events that took place in Canada, the U.S., Britain or any other "civilized" country, it would have risen a great scandal, but in this case we see the score of 80 and good reviews. Looks stupid and ugly.

If Relic has ever had an image, then after CoH2 release, it's hopelessly and permanently trashed to the ground and below. Shame on you.
  79. Aug 1, 2013
    All that is new in this game scenario (compared with the previous part). And script Nazi ****.
    If you are a Nazi, hate Russia and all the countries of Eastern Europe this game is made for you.
  80. Aug 1, 2013
    It was a good game, I really enjoyed all previous parts. But this? No history, no tactics, no gameplay. Just "Doctor Zhivago" old crap. According to campaign scenario, Russians had no chance to win the war, all missions are completely illogical. Multiplayer is unbalanced, graphics is old. Complete loss of money.
  81. Aug 1, 2013
    my grandfather cry, if he see you awful history.There is nothing more frustrating that you have done. If you are so you can see our country, our heroes, you are stupid and illiterate people. And no you do not give the right to deface the memory of our heroes and our country.dont buy this game
  82. Jul 29, 2013
    Russian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet anotherRussian army burning Russian villages with people inside? "Scorched earth" tactics? Relic, you're miserable fascist motherf*ckers. There are hundreds of villages Russia, as well as Ukraine and Belarus, burnt by nazis, some with 10 people, some with 1000. Russia is covered with memorial stones built on ashes. Search for "Operation Winterzauber", for example. COH2 is not just yet another cheesy anti-Russian crap, it's something way worse. What's next, COH3 showing Jews mass murdering innocent nazis in death camps? I'm sure developer's nazi granddads would love that. Expand
  83. Jul 29, 2013
    This is not a game but an anti-russian nazi propaganda, don't either buy it or download it. The point of releasing this is to brainwash people who don't know anything about history, to make them think that this pice of lie is a real thing.
    P.S.:That's really sad that nowadays younger generation is too lazy to think for their own instead they like to accept any kind of information that media is giving out (that's the aim of goebbels and relic)
  84. Jul 23, 2013
    Having fun gameplay. this game possesses an awful story. Script writers collected most of the dirty myths about war and turned the story into an ideological rubbish. Goebbels would have been pleased.
  85. Jul 28, 2013
    Singleplayer campain in this game is full of stereotypes about russians and USSR, and have nothing to do with real history. It's insulting, the theme of the Great Patriotic War is sacred to all the peoples of the former Soviet Union, and not only for them.
  86. Jul 24, 2013
    Bugs, crashes, price in steam are you joke??? Anti-Russian games. Relic and Sega faithful followers of Goebbels. Read what historian David Glantz, perhaps the foremost authority on the Russo-German writing about myths and realities of WW2, not comics
  87. Jul 25, 2013
    The grandfather of the author was a SS-man? Game sick imaginations of the real nazi. Hitler and Goebbels are proud Relik!
    I don't advise to buy this stuff.
  88. Jul 26, 2013
    illogical, anti-historical, delusional piece of This story based on Gebbels's diary, he applauds you from hell, Relict. And special thanx to "1C softclub", you bastards.
  89. Jul 25, 2013
    I am from Ukraine. Occasionally i saw walk through from some single player missions, after that i was read about "true history of WW2, shown in game".
    I think that people just never saw any documents about WW2.

Fairy tale about Bear with balalaika in soviet troops much more close to truth, than stupid lie about burned houses with civilians, killed by Red Army
  90. Jul 24, 2013
    First of all, I'd like to tell that i adore Relic games a lot. I'm used to be a Warhammer 40k fan back there in school. I've fallen in love woth CoH1 came out. And I've really thought the next game in the line is going to be just as great as the others were.

However, that did not happen. Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really

However, that did not happen.

Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really care for a single simple reason: CoH2 is a single product that has both multiplayer and singleplayer. And as far as it does, the multiplayer can't be judged apart from sp campaign.

Let's get some little illustration here.
    Think of an ordinary healthy man that lives his life. He's engaged in all sorts of stuff here and there, he has awesome looks and pretty epic tell-a-tale skills. That's CoH1.

Now cripple that guy! Take away the left hand from the poor thing. He's still able to perform most of the one-handed operations, right? In fact, that man can be great at doing some things.
    But he's still handicapped.

Same things are said now about the COH2.
    Multiplayer is just fine. It may be the best in the last few years, and I think many of you, folks, agree to that. It's a right hand of the guy from the illustration above.
    Singleplayer camp. has a lot of 'tight spots' that are at least questionable. It's not the stuff most people buy CoH2, but it is the certain part of a game. It's a brutally severed left hand, that for some unclear reasons holds together w/ the body of a man mentioned before.

What do I question in the sp c. myself? Let's see to it.
    1. Start the beginning the protagonist's name. What kind of nonsense is that? Lev Abramovich Isakovich is a jewish name, well, and it's impossible to believe there even WERE any jews in command in Red Army. Them jewish people weren't welcome in the USSR that time, not at freaking all!

Tell me about symbolic meanings and all, yeah. If you're talking of symbols, take a portrait of some really well-known commanders. None of them were jewish.
    Disclaimer: I'm fine w/ jew guys, I'm no nationalist or something. But in the CIS countries anti-semitism is still strong A LOT. Putting that name was a MAJOR mistake and a capital offense to the people there.
    You do call the story authentical, but it has nothing in common with the official history course in Russia. That looks really bold.

Please, give out your sources! Do it so people could see why 'the main plot of the game has to be so close to the truth'. Because if you don't the arguers consider that a fiction-based anti-russian propaganda!
    Quotes are questionable, too. Some of them are not even related to the WWII, some of them are taken out of context to complete the story gaps. Meaning of those torn quotes is changed a lot w/ context.
    The ingame battle of Stalingrad is based on stereotypical images from mass media sources, not historical ones. If you ask me, I honestly believe that it's not your fault there.
    You're not russians yourself, neither you do speak the russian language, right? So you've asked for an outside expertise that FAILED. But it was you, Relics, who made a game, not some russian so-called-historian do**s.

List of the caught nonsenses:
    Large number of soldiers don't have any weapons. That may be real for the militia, yeah, but not for the regular army. And if we're speaking ab/ militia, it's like the lack of weapons there never crossed the 15% line (for personal weapons).
    All of the soviet soldiers have pre-war rank insignia and outdated uniform. You can see the officer uniform here, and here you can get both the soldiers' and officers' uniforms.
    Ineffective soviet army tactics, leading to the inappropriate casualties. Here you go, a link on casualties that has all you could ever ask for both documents and calculations.
    The whole surrending german cutscene and all the commentaries on it. If that was taken as a symbol for what soviets did regularly, well, why there is more than 1,7 cumulative POV count on the german East?
    It look more like a lie, you know.

The 'Scorched Eart' part is well... let's put it mildly, disgusting.
    You may be not aware, put soviets never killed own civilians like that. There are NO documentary sources telling that. Not. A. Damn. One. I've looked for it for more than a week, and I've found nothing. I've asked my university teachers if that's right... They've said it's just a nonsense.

What you do show there is more like nazis did!
    You see, a large part of hatred there is because you show soviet people as monsters! That 'scorched earth' thing refers ONLY to germans, pulling off the USSR in 43/44. Wanna proof? Here you go!

And that's just a start. I've taken too much of your time already.

You may think of whatever you like when talking on WWII in Russia, you may put all your hatred towards soviet people in any way you like that's your dirty choice, Relics. But do not count that russians are going to love that bulls**t you're putting in for a plot in CoH2.

If you really do care about the people who buy your game, you'd better put a notification in the start of sp campaign like 'This story is fictional. It has nothing common with the historical reality in mentioned locations and may be utterly offensive. Do you wish to continue?'

The other way, that seems a lot better to me, is to build a different edition of CoH for CIS countries. Just remove the whole singleplayer campaign and put it to the stock on reduced price (as far as it's not the full product).

Thanks for reading, anyway. Hope that will clarify a bit the situation for both Relics and english-speaking CoH2 fans.
  91. Jul 26, 2013
    real crap game. The company who did it real scums. No more money for relic games.

You must to burn living inocent people by flamethrower in some missions.... damn, its real crazy crap. People who like this seriosly mad.
  92. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all.
  93. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps
  94. Jul 25, 2013
    It’s absolutely intolerable to deceive the public which doesn’t know the truth with false claims and data. Deliberate deception doesn’t make honor to Relic Entertainment.

The game "Company of Heroes 2" displays necessity of omnicide of “Russian barbarians” by German invaders who killed 26 million Soviet Union citizens (which is equal to current population of Canada, where Relic headquarters for the moment). Hitler attacked Russia with the same intentions: to destroy Russian, Jews and Gypsies. In response to these aggressive attacks our multicultural country united against Hitler’s troops to rescue civil citizens, but the purpose was not to kill them as it was shown in the game. If Stalin wanted to kill as many of his people as possible he wouldn’t resist Hitler. The Germans were killing Soviet people without assistance. The aim of the Soviet people in WW II was survival, but according to the authors of the game the Russian (for unknown reasons and without displaying any logics) practiced self-destruction.

So, the game "Company of Heroes 2" justify Hitler and the Holocaust deniers. This game will grow an army of people like Anders Breivik. We have to prevent a recurrence of the violence and return to the fascist madness.
  95. Jul 25, 2013
    Developers surely know nothing about what was real WWII. It defiles the memory of all the heroic people (and especially russian ones) who gave their lives for the freedom of mankind.
  96. Jul 25, 2013
  97. Jul 25, 2013
    Who needs a nice graphic, game play, sound and music. when the story is completely LIES from beginning to end? Think, the script writer was some kind of nazi, or very strange who's main task was to show, that Russian people are not human. Is this what North America wants their citizens to believe?
  98. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was waiting for the game as for another possibility to touch to the heroic days, to see, at least on the virtual model, how this difficult job of motherland protection had been performed. And what I see in the replays on youtube? Soviet soldiers burns villages with soviet peoples? It is interesting are the game developers really believe that such happened? I would suggest producers of the game visit to Hatin in Belarus.. I have no idea where these producers studied marketing, of course I'll not pay m money for this "product". Expand
  99. Jul 25, 2013
    This game like a pile of and SO FULL OF LIE AND BAD FABLES! Well, that is a terrible propaganda and distribution of the false History. Сreators should be burned in hell for This.
  100. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shame for Canadian game industry. I will never ever try any other product of Relic games. This game is nothing but the fascist propaganda. Nothing heroic in this game because of lie. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)