Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 25, 2013
    This is my reply to this post by Noun on Relic forum:

[quote=Noun]I don't think we quite anticipated the tone or volume of the negative reaction. The number of vague death threats I've recieved today from Russia is pretty amazing. Let me be clear. We had a large Russian player base in the original Company of Heroes and that's grown to become our third largest after the USA and
    This is my reply to this post by Noun on Relic forum:

Let me be clear. We had a large Russian player base in the original Company of Heroes and that's grown to become our third largest after the USA and Germany. Russians are valude members of our community, and we hope to be better able to serve them in the future.

Most Russians who've played the game have given fantastic feedback. Some have even sent touching stories about how it's good to see a western company showing their side of the war rather than just doing another game about Normandy. Some of them mention their grandfathers or now great-grandfathers and where they served or possibly died.

Much of the negative feedback is coming from people who have not played the game. Just like it's not the people who read Harry Potter books who want to ban them, or it wasn't Beatles fans who wanted to burn their music, this wave of angry feedback is being whipped up by people who have taken snippets of our campaign, placed them out of context and then told people to be angry about it. But of course it's kind of an honour to get the Beatles Harry Potter treatment if you think about it.

Those who have actually played the campaign should see that we do celebrate the bravery of the common Russian soldier, and how just as in any other army it isn't about fighting for your flag or your government but standing there next to the man beside you because he's your brother and comrade. There are scenes where soldiers disobey orders to save other soldiers, and are punished for it.

Ultimately the Soviet Union was a brutal dictatorship as ruthless as Nazi Germany. That's why our game isn't about Stalin, because he was no hero. Nor was Hitler. The game is, and always has been, about the heroes on the front lines who had little to do with the politics that surrounded the war.

Lots of soldiers fought, on all sides, with bravery and honour. We don't deny that, and we believe we celebrate it with the game.

However we also show a few of the problematic aspects of living in a dictatorship. Times were hard, and maybe it could be argued that Stalin's tactics were what won the war. That however doesn't mean that they didn't happen, no matter how we choose to try to remember our history.

I'm a firm believer that a country should confront its past, even it's negative past. It gives us lessons for how to be better in the future.

This isn't a Russian problem anymore than people burning Beatles records is an American problem or people trying to ban Harry Potter is an American problem. It's a small group of individuals making their country look bad because they've been told by someone on Russia YouTube that they have to be mad about something that has nothing to do with them.

Now go out and buy more copies of the game so we can sell as many as the Beatles and Harry Potter.

[/quote]

Okay, i will say what i think about it:

[quote=Noun]

[/quote]

You see, just as the train cannot reach the end station against the will of it's operator, the war of this scale cannot be won againt the will of commanding officers and generals. As for the game, there are too many scenes where as you said "soldiers disobey orders and are punished for it", making it just too many to believe that this occurence was IN COMMON at the time. What you are trying to do here, is to expose an imaginary savagery of Soviet Union officers and generals, but it has so many flaws in details, that it's actually very easy to distinguish.

[quote=Noun]

[/quote]

You exposed your intentions here.

Comparing Soviet Union to Nazi Germany, making them look equal in the eyes of people who play the game is your ultimate goal or not your, but the goal of the propaganda behind this game.

Nazi command was proven as criminals on Nuremberg Trials, Soviet Union was never proven as criminals, there are no documents that confirm Soviet Union command's crimes. I'm fine with making a game about heroic deeds of front line soldiers without politics, but it was you (Relic or someone behind you), who include politics in this game. And now you're receiving your deserved feedback.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Shame! Why did you add such a shameful falsification to the game? It looks no like a computer game, which is supposed to be neutral, but like a propagandist pamphlet.
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    That is typical nazi BS. I think that this kind of pro-nazi stuff should not be sold anywhere at all. I wont to advise people to think about history and truth.
  4. Jul 25, 2013
    The game is a total lie. Distortion of reality and an reproach to the bright memory of my grandfather, who liberated the world from the Nazis. Developers burn in hell.
  5. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic, I will not play this game even if you pay me for every second of gameplay. And I will not by any your game. The storyline offensive to the 30 million Soviet Union people killed in World War 2. Relic, you shameful liars.
  6. Jul 25, 2013
    How about "Sneaky weakly russian without honour 2"? It's a good name for that thing.

Russian veterans clans deeply.

7. Jul 25, 2013
    Relic what are u fakin doing with history? this game story full of I'm from Ukraine and my grandfather told me that Nazi soldier burn our home and villages with people... Or you wana say that soviet soldier burn people in Konzentrationslager Auschwitz?
  8. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. https://vk.com/away.php?to=http%3A%2F%2Fen.ria.ru%2Fworld%2F20130725%2F182423287%2FRussians-Mobilize-Online-to-Fight-New-War-Video-Game-Company-Heroes-2.html&post=-25557243_292700 Expand
  9. Jul 25, 2013
    russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche
  10. Jul 25, 2013
    Worst multiplier experience ever. Dont get for multiplayer. Horrible optimization. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken..Worst multiplier experience ever. Dont get for multiplayer. Horrible optimization. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken. Expand
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    Thank you, bastards, for telling us that our grandfathers were all savages, mass-murderers and cannon-fodder. Hitler and Goebbels are greeting you from the hell.
  12. Jul 26, 2013
    The whole storyline is written by true followers of Joseph Goebbels. Not only many of the myths he invented are in use, but also quotes of russian generals are used out of context, that is simply unproffesional.
  13. Jul 26, 2013
    Old Gameplay, bad storyline. I think, that this game is producing by Hilter from the Hell. I buy it on the Steam and now i am very angry. I want to take my money back!
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    In this Company of Heroes are no heroes, only cowards.
    And burning buildings with civilians inside!
    But this is not Nazis burned the Russians, but Russians.
  15. Jul 26, 2013
    The game is lying about the history of the Eastern Front. My great-grandparents died in the war, I know how they fought and for what. This game is a slap to all Russian. Thank relic of Hitler and Joseph Goebbels.
  16. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic you know nothing about the history of our country so please make the games about your brave Canada nation playing hockey or doing anything else.
  17. Jul 26, 2013
    Nice NaziGame!
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  18. Jul 26, 2013
    Gameplay is ugly and slow. Multiplayer either wan't start at all, or breaks just at start. Got moneyback next day after purchase.
    I recommend authors read at least wikipedia before starting next "historic" game. And buy a book at amazon about game development will be also helpful.
  19. Jul 26, 2013
    why is it normal to desecrate the history of the great country which is foreign to you? Hitler would love to play a game like this. Yep. Millions of people sacrificed themselves just for one photo.
    Let's develop a game about parents of this game's creator. His mother will be a prostitute trying to earn money for his father, who is a drug dealer in prison. We just have to find out their real names and photos. It's just a game, so it's nothing wrong to do so.
  20. Jul 26, 2013
    Gulags, army without any weapons, Russians shooting their own soldiers in the back. All included. This is not a real strategy game, more like an JOKE.
  21. Jul 26, 2013
    How could sink into such a frank Can fill his belly is worth more than the truth. The Anglo-Saxons are constantly at war with Russ. Now the war has reached a new level the digital content. Dick to you, we will win!
  22. Jul 26, 2013
    Don't play it, if you don't want to be brainwashed. simply as that.
    the developers of the game should be arrested for making that kind of product. an offence to the world's history. also, the game is not balanced in multiplayer and overall not what players expected. stay away from it
  23. Jul 26, 2013
    This is too much, perhaps, many have become accustomed to many games and especially do not take seriously the story, but it's overkill. so I registered here specifically what would express their dissatisfaction.
  24. Jul 26, 2013
    A shame to Relic! Soviet brave soldiers saves the world from Nazi in 1941-1945, but very strange game developers now trying to rebirth the nazi propaganda.
  25. Jul 26, 2013
    Could Dr. Goebbels make a better Anti-Soviet propaganda? Nazi crimes are swept under the carpet, and "NKVD crimes" fantasy created. Another mass-media product in the trend of Nazi apologists.
  26. Jul 26, 2013
    These are my criteria and scores for each of them:

Graphics 0.0; Really, animations, particle effects, models i have such sense, that everything is from the beginning of the 2000-th. But system requirements are pretty high! Gameplay 0.0; Well, CoH 1 was much better in this aspect; Perfomance 0.0; I hate games with bugs! Even if it has great graphics bugs ruin all the pleasure
    These are my criteria and scores for each of them:

Gameplay 0.0; Well, CoH 1 was much better in this aspect;

Perfomance 0.0; I hate games with bugs! Even if it has great graphics bugs ruin all the pleasure from the gaming process.

Plot -1. Why? Because the story is an insult to my brain.

Price 0.0; Really, I think, creators of this ...erh...game should pay money not players.

The game looks cheap and raw. It has pseudohistoric plot, which indignities the hole nation. I hate myself for wasting my time, playing this game.
  27. Jul 27, 2013
    Relic believe it is better to know our history in one book, without going into the issue. They took the path of least resistance, and now studiously pretend that so be it, not responding to the criticism. False nationalist bastards.
  28. Jul 27, 2013
    Pointless and largely untrue term of events. American propaganda at its best with a clunky feeling interface. People who haven't played the 1st game might fare better, the rest of us were expecting something better not worse.
    The first game was much better as an RTS.
  29. Jul 27, 2013
    Oh, there is a bunch of anti-soviet propaganda stamps. You collect almost all of them. Pretty enough to think a little bit and read even few real documents to understand that is all Shoot own soldiers, burn own people! Why, what for?! Why need to make a game whit this kind of script? To insult that few veterans who still alive and insult people who live in countries of ex-USSR? You areOh, there is a bunch of anti-soviet propaganda stamps. You collect almost all of them. Pretty enough to think a little bit and read even few real documents to understand that is all Shoot own soldiers, burn own people! Why, what for?! Why need to make a game whit this kind of script? To insult that few veterans who still alive and insult people who live in countries of ex-USSR? You are pretty successful in that! Are you glad? Expand
  30. Jul 27, 2013
    The game looks like P.J. Goebbels made. Lie, lie and another lie about Soviet Union, soviet people, soviet army and soviet Victory. Awful, awful campaign.

1. Pelit (Finland)