• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 23, 2013
    The performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play withThe performance of this game is one of the worst ever. They hired the cheapest worst programer for this game.The game crash like 75% of the time. The voices are terrible, at the level of Men of war. They hired the cheapest voices actor out there. The game have almost no multiplayer maps. They are selling skins and doctrines as dlc. They removed the lobby, so now you are forced to play with random players, including laggers, nubs and quitters. In an online match there is always some1 who is kicked or drop in the first 5 minutes of the match, so yeah you end up playing with the cpu or vs the cpu because the amount of people suffering performance issues is huge. There is absolutely nothing better in this sequel. Graphics are almost the same as CoH1. Its a huge waste of money. Probably the guys who did CoH1 no longer work in relic. The game is a huge failure. Also, if you were 1 of those who used to play on maps like gap or scheldt forget about them because you wont see a similar maps on this game. Oh 1 more thing, they also removed the chat rooms. Relic/sega/thq NEVER AGAIN! Expand
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    Most importantly, this game's plot involves the complex matter as the USSR history in the WW2. One does not simply get a random 'parahistory' book and write a story that sells in millions of copies. The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting.
    Here in CIS we do believe that WWII was won by the Allies, who do represent the best of human qualities like bravery, cunning, self-sacrificial courage and honesty. The game developers see the best of the USSR as instantly evil thing. It's not like that at all.

Second reason is to protect the young people from that propaganda. Every person should think for itself, but it's difficult to do when you're a teenager. In the CIS countries you CAN buy a box game even if you DO NOT hit the necessary age. So the only way to solve a problem is through you.

And the last reason is to make the game developers listen to the voice of sanity. If you do accept our call, them Relics will think twice before releasing a game with THAT kind of plot.
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    I'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes ofI'm the grandson of Joseph Mengele, he was a great surgeon and a very kind man, he always gave me sweets and chocolate, he made surgery to many people when worked in Germany and we were always proud of it, he always hated Nazis, but everyone had to pretend that they liked Hitler, nobody did, my grandfather was a kind man. But when Bolsheviks came he saw how commissars shoot hordes of mongols in backs if they would not attack, executing those who would attack before they used their whistles, he even made surgery to some of the wounded, that saved their lives, he helped thousands of victims of Bolsheviks who managed to escape from their penal troops, making them new faces and documents, transplanted extermites to those who had 4 or less so they could live.
    Bolsheviks killed everyone, they closed people in houses and burned them alive inside, it was Stalins order as we know now, I even saw this order in museum of WW2 in Toronto. As we know now Stalin was the pure evil, he not only killed 200 million in his own country, but ordered to execute all germans. Nobody survived in territories occupied by Bolsheviks, my grandfather managed to escape from his private clinic where Bolsheviks locked him up with polish partisans who were shot in backs during Warsaw rebellion and whom he tried to help. Only him managed to survive and escape to the west, to territory liberated by our democratic friends, who listened to his story and helped him hide from Bolsheviks. Later, as he said, all territories that were occupied by Bolsheviks were settled by OGPU agents, disguised as germans, so he told me to beware of eastern germans, if I decide to go to Berlin.
    I'm very grateful for finally it is time for the truth even in games, it is sad that game has Mature rating, for every kid should know about heroism of people like my grandfather who fought together with American friends against bolshevism and genocide it brought. Please contact me for more info about my grandfather if you want to make a game about him!
    10 out of 10!
  4. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
  5. Jul 24, 2013
    Games such as KoH2 in Russian called "VYSER". This game presents false picture of history of Great Patriotic War.
    IMHO, Relics study in school alternative history of Earth in XX century..

PS Sorry for bad english...
  6. Jul 25, 2013
    Why do we let canada be a country? xD Cool story, Relic.
    I wish I could rate this with negative score.
    I hope there is a separate cauldron in hell for developers of this "game".
    Cauldron of Hell 2. kekeke
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    bad bad bad bad game based on fictional book collection of liberal, american ang nazi myths. do not buy, do not support developers, avoid at all costs
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    Goebbels endorses this game! Relic able to accurately reproduce his speeches. Bravo! On the official forum of the game all the questions about the inaccuracies in the singleplayer ignored by them. Members of the former Soviet Union block by IP-address.
  9. Jul 30, 2013
    Full historical unauthenticity. Relic, It is shame! Stupid game. Don't buy it! It doesn't cost that money which for it ask. I so long waited this game. You disappointed me.
  10. Jul 30, 2013
    As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.As many have mentioned, historical games should be based solely on historical fact and should not express the writers' opinion on events. However, in the case of CoH2, we can clearly see blatant profanity, based not only on the anti-Soviet propaganda, but also on the personal opinion of the so-called "historical consultants" who brazenly flout science for the sake of personal goals.

Many will say, "It's just a game, do not treat it so seriously!" And they would be right, if the game was named, for example, "Scum on the war," but the game is called "Company of Heroes 2" Company of HEROES, and represents USSR and Joseph Stalin's policy and events which allegedly took place in Soviet Union during the World War II. If a game of such "quality" was made ​​by historical events that took place in Canada, the U.S., Britain or any other "civilized" country, it would have risen a great scandal, but in this case we see the score of 80 and good reviews. Looks stupid and ugly.

If Relic has ever had an image, then after CoH2 release, it's hopelessly and permanently trashed to the ground and below. Shame on you.
  11. Aug 1, 2013
    All that is new in this game scenario (compared with the previous part). And script Nazi ****.
    If you are a Nazi, hate Russia and all the countries of Eastern Europe this game is made for you.
  12. Aug 1, 2013
    It was a good game, I really enjoyed all previous parts. But this? No history, no tactics, no gameplay. Just "Doctor Zhivago" old crap. According to campaign scenario, Russians had no chance to win the war, all missions are completely illogical. Multiplayer is unbalanced, graphics is old. Complete loss of money.
  13. Aug 1, 2013
    my grandfather cry, if he see you awful history.There is nothing more frustrating that you have done. If you are so you can see our country, our heroes, you are stupid and illiterate people. And no you do not give the right to deface the memory of our heroes and our country.dont buy this game
  14. Aug 2, 2013
    Dear Relic. I have some ideas to your next game.
    1. genre Manage/Busin simulator. Target is to manage Dahau or Auschwitz. Torture or burn prisoners, medical experiments, gas cameras... For you, people without honor and conscientious it`s really mice business idea.
  15. avh
    Aug 2, 2013
    This game pretends to be historically accurate, but it's not at all.
    Plot is extremely important in this type of games, so it doesn't deserve big scores.
  16. Aug 2, 2013
    After playing first 2 minutes of the game I felt like it would be much better if I just throw my money away.
    Hate this game with all fibres of my soul. This game is offensive, lying, disgusting crap.
    Hope you burn in hell for it Relic, you damn nazis.
    Will never buy anything else from you.
    This so-called Company of "Heroes" can't be recommended to anyone pure junk.
  17. Aug 4, 2013
    Then I played Company of Heroes 2 single player campaign. I’m yet to finish it, because it is literally painful to play something this dumb and yet so full of pathos. Developers got a couple of anecdotes about Russians and based a whole damn storyline on them.

From scenes with surrendering Germans being brutally murdered to soldiers abandoning their own comrades on a bridge Company of Heroes 2 paints Soviet Army as a fantasy evil empire. Mordor of World War II if you will. Orcs.

CoH2 manages to use almost every single Russia-related trope. Gulag? Check. Army without any weapons? Check. Russians shooting their own soldiers in the back sure, why not, they do it all the time there. Oh, and let’s not forget about cold weather and funny sounding names. By the third mission I was honestly expecting to see bear cavalry.

At least they got swearing right.

Too many things that Company of Heroes 2 does wrong.
  18. Aug 1, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a good example why so many people install a pirated game first before deciding if the game is worth purchasing. The storyline is complete bull and frankly offensive. Included in this game are exaggerations, intentional historical inaccuracies and anti-Slavic sentiment.

To the makers of this game: swallow and choke on a bag of djcks.
  19. Jul 15, 2013
    Keeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keepKeeping in mind the brilliant job they did on the first game this second one just feels rushed and unfinished. I actually preferred the graphics in the first game, the new graphics are maybe marginally better but they put a strain on my system without it looking the part. There are also glitches like soldiers taking cover behind a truck and then being unable to shot past it, just keep firing directly into their own cover. It ruins the gameplay if you ask me. Oh year, in one mission whilst supposedly being backet up by a friendly army group (in the campaign) the AI keeps attacking the commisar stationed at my barracks when deploying conscripts, hitting and destroying my own buildings. Makes me ask myself if they even bothered to test the game. Expand
  20. Jul 9, 2013
    I picture a Sega Boardroom meeting: "The game sucks and all of Relic developers left? Sell the pre-order! Screw the loyal fans and franchise!. This game blows! COH is my favorite game too. Totally uninspired maps where a mongloditic ape can win by continuously spawning more reds to attack Germans. Is it still a RTS game if no strategy required? Not releasing it would have beenI picture a Sega Boardroom meeting: "The game sucks and all of Relic developers left? Sell the pre-order! Screw the loyal fans and franchise!. This game blows! COH is my favorite game too. Totally uninspired maps where a mongloditic ape can win by continuously spawning more reds to attack Germans. Is it still a RTS game if no strategy required? Not releasing it would have been way better as this game was iconic. FU SEGA, you greedy cum-queefing felch-belchers! Expand
  21. Jul 23, 2013
    If lying sometime becomes a crime, developers will go to prison for life. This is holy war for people, which's parents and grandparents were here. you'll doe in hell
  22. Jul 26, 2013
    The multiplayer part is where this game truly shines; however, the campaign, which is being positioned as "based on historical events" is not only lacking the accuracy, but is also based on stereotypes and prejudice that is common for the Western part of the world, "Red Heat"-with-Schwarzenegger-style. In my opinion, this makes the game sorely lacking in terms of depth and immersion ofThe multiplayer part is where this game truly shines; however, the campaign, which is being positioned as "based on historical events" is not only lacking the accuracy, but is also based on stereotypes and prejudice that is common for the Western part of the world, "Red Heat"-with-Schwarzenegger-style. In my opinion, this makes the game sorely lacking in terms of depth and immersion of those of us, who didn't skip on their history lessons. Here's to hoping that Relic learns from their mistakes and, should they make another CoH title in the future, invite/interview remotely some the veterans of the WoW2 or, at the very least, read more history books not published in U.S., so they'd have any clue what was really going on. Expand
  23. Jul 31, 2013
    Game can and is good in a multiplayer, but...
    Dull attempt to blacken the Soviet history. Stupidly, very stupidly, Relic. How many to you paid for this nonsense?
  24. Jul 29, 2013
    Stupid game! In this game, the Soviet soldiers shows how the soldiers of the Reich, only worse! It's all lies! Shame people who created this horrible game.
  25. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't get what it takes to give a positive review on this game. It's not even close to the successful first part.
    I even don't know why is it called "Company of Heroes 2" except for marketing reasons since all the Russian persons (except Lev Abramovich Isakovich) in the game are either traitors, either cowards, either sadists or all together combined. If you really hate Soviet people that much, if your name is Hitler, Goebbels or Ronald Reagan than this is your game.
    Probably, the developers wanted to compensate their unability to create a successful game by turning it into an outcrying Russophobe propaganda piece.
  26. Jul 29, 2013
    Actually I dissapointed in this game. It has many good old stereotypes about "evil russian orcs from Deep Mordor" but why I cannot eat kids and rape womens (or vice versa) to complete campaign? Where is my 80 millions raped german civilians and my big choppa to kill them thereafter?
    Relics, if you are making games about bloodlust, chaotic and stomping orcs use all the folklore and give us more blood for behalf of the Blood God.
  27. Jul 30, 2013
    This game full of national stereotypes! Shame on developers and on fans of game! You thought Japan did no war crimes, Nazi German did no crimes, only communists, Chinese and Russian did! But History will show the true state of your moral condition
  28. Jul 30, 2013
    Disgusting and deceitful game. Political trash. Scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans. This game is a nazi propaganda. Joseph Goebbels applauds to the Relics studio.
  29. Jul 30, 2013
    Singleplayer campaign is bad, it's made by Nazi. Bad Nazi's Relic, are you lying about soviet army. Portraying of Soviet peoples in this game was ridiculous.
  30. Jul 30, 2013
    epic fail....
    bad game looks like cheap propaganda....
    evil russians vs evil germany really ?
    may be it was soviet vs nazi no ?
    made for alternative history fans.....

Hitler Liked!