• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2013
2.1

1. Jul 26, 2013
    illogical, anti-historical, delusional piece of This story based on Gebbels's diary, he applauds you from hell, Relict. And special thanx to "1C softclub", you bastards.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    I am from Ukraine. Occasionally i saw walk through from some single player missions, after that i was read about "true history of WW2, shown in game".
    I think that people just never saw any documents about WW2.

Fairy tale about Bear with balalaika in soviet troops much more close to truth, than stupid lie about burned houses with civilians, killed by Red Army
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    First of all, I'd like to tell that i adore Relic games a lot. I'm used to be a Warhammer 40k fan back there in school. I've fallen in love woth CoH1 came out. And I've really thought the next game in the line is going to be just as great as the others were.

However, that did not happen. Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really

However, that did not happen.

Many people say CoH2 isn't a really SP-oriented game, well, maybe that's right. I don't really care for a single simple reason: CoH2 is a single product that has both multiplayer and singleplayer. And as far as it does, the multiplayer can't be judged apart from sp campaign.

Let's get some little illustration here.
    Think of an ordinary healthy man that lives his life. He's engaged in all sorts of stuff here and there, he has awesome looks and pretty epic tell-a-tale skills. That's CoH1.

Now cripple that guy! Take away the left hand from the poor thing. He's still able to perform most of the one-handed operations, right? In fact, that man can be great at doing some things.
    But he's still handicapped.

Same things are said now about the COH2.
    Multiplayer is just fine. It may be the best in the last few years, and I think many of you, folks, agree to that. It's a right hand of the guy from the illustration above.
    Singleplayer camp. has a lot of 'tight spots' that are at least questionable. It's not the stuff most people buy CoH2, but it is the certain part of a game. It's a brutally severed left hand, that for some unclear reasons holds together w/ the body of a man mentioned before.

What do I question in the sp c. myself? Let's see to it.
    1. Start the beginning the protagonist's name. What kind of nonsense is that? Lev Abramovich Isakovich is a jewish name, well, and it's impossible to believe there even WERE any jews in command in Red Army. Them jewish people weren't welcome in the USSR that time, not at freaking all!

Tell me about symbolic meanings and all, yeah. If you're talking of symbols, take a portrait of some really well-known commanders. None of them were jewish.
    Disclaimer: I'm fine w/ jew guys, I'm no nationalist or something. But in the CIS countries anti-semitism is still strong A LOT. Putting that name was a MAJOR mistake and a capital offense to the people there.
    You do call the story authentical, but it has nothing in common with the official history course in Russia. That looks really bold.

Please, give out your sources! Do it so people could see why 'the main plot of the game has to be so close to the truth'. Because if you don't the arguers consider that a fiction-based anti-russian propaganda!
    Quotes are questionable, too. Some of them are not even related to the WWII, some of them are taken out of context to complete the story gaps. Meaning of those torn quotes is changed a lot w/ context.
    The ingame battle of Stalingrad is based on stereotypical images from mass media sources, not historical ones. If you ask me, I honestly believe that it's not your fault there.
    You're not russians yourself, neither you do speak the russian language, right? So you've asked for an outside expertise that FAILED. But it was you, Relics, who made a game, not some russian so-called-historian do**s.

List of the caught nonsenses:
    Large number of soldiers don't have any weapons. That may be real for the militia, yeah, but not for the regular army. And if we're speaking ab/ militia, it's like the lack of weapons there never crossed the 15% line (for personal weapons).
    All of the soviet soldiers have pre-war rank insignia and outdated uniform. You can see the officer uniform here, and here you can get both the soldiers' and officers' uniforms.
    Ineffective soviet army tactics, leading to the inappropriate casualties. Here you go, a link on casualties that has all you could ever ask for both documents and calculations.
    The whole surrending german cutscene and all the commentaries on it. If that was taken as a symbol for what soviets did regularly, well, why there is more than 1,7 cumulative POV count on the german East?
    It look more like a lie, you know.

The 'Scorched Eart' part is well... let's put it mildly, disgusting.
    You may be not aware, put soviets never killed own civilians like that. There are NO documentary sources telling that. Not. A. Damn. One. I've looked for it for more than a week, and I've found nothing. I've asked my university teachers if that's right... They've said it's just a nonsense.

What you do show there is more like nazis did!
    You see, a large part of hatred there is because you show soviet people as monsters! That 'scorched earth' thing refers ONLY to germans, pulling off the USSR in 43/44. Wanna proof? Here you go!

And that's just a start. I've taken too much of your time already.

You may think of whatever you like when talking on WWII in Russia, you may put all your hatred towards soviet people in any way you like that's your dirty choice, Relics. But do not count that russians are going to love that bulls**t you're putting in for a plot in CoH2.

If you really do care about the people who buy your game, you'd better put a notification in the start of sp campaign like 'This story is fictional. It has nothing common with the historical reality in mentioned locations and may be utterly offensive. Do you wish to continue?'

The other way, that seems a lot better to me, is to build a different edition of CoH for CIS countries. Just remove the whole singleplayer campaign and put it to the stock on reduced price (as far as it's not the full product).

Thanks for reading, anyway. Hope that will clarify a bit the situation for both Relics and english-speaking CoH2 fans.
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    real crap game. The company who did it real scums. No more money for relic games.

You must to burn living inocent people by flamethrower in some missions.... damn, its real crazy crap. People who like this seriosly mad.
  5. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all.
  6. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps
  7. Jul 25, 2013
    Developers surely know nothing about what was real WWII. It defiles the memory of all the heroic people (and especially russian ones) who gave their lives for the freedom of mankind.
  8. Jul 25, 2013
    ussians eating russians, great story, no history at all. Hello, we were people, not orcs! Bugs, frezes, too overpriced. This should be presented, but I have no idea to who.
  9. Jul 25, 2013
    Who needs a nice graphic, game play, sound and music. when the story is completely LIES from beginning to end? Think, the script writer was some kind of nazi, or very strange who's main task was to show, that Russian people are not human. Is this what North America wants their citizens to believe?
  10. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was waiting for the game as for another possibility to touch to the heroic days, to see, at least on the virtual model, how this difficult job of motherland protection had been performed. And what I see in the replays on youtube? Soviet soldiers burns villages with soviet peoples? It is interesting are the game developers really believe that such happened? I would suggest producers of the game visit to Hatin in Belarus.. I have no idea where these producers studied marketing, of course I'll not pay m money for this "product". Expand
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    This game like a pile of and SO FULL OF LIE AND BAD FABLES! Well, that is a terrible propaganda and distribution of the false History. Сreators should be burned in hell for This.
  12. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shame for Canadian game industry. I will never ever try any other product of Relic games. This game is nothing but the fascist propaganda. Nothing heroic in this game because of lie. Expand
  13. Jul 25, 2013
    The game is absolutely insulting for every man, who lives in CIS. Disgusting, that people dare to scoff at soldiers,who defeated Nazis and saved billions of lifes in Europe and Asia!
  14. Jul 25, 2013
    The worst case of nazi propaganda!

The worst case of nazi propaganda!

The game Company of heroes 2 is a typical Nazi propaganda, well, Goebbels was more skilled and not so blatant like the creators of this game but essentially it’s the same way of falsification and misrepresentation of the events of the WWII. If the purpose of the game was to present the war from the point of view of the brainwashed Nazi soldier then you did a good job but then don’t try to present it like “historically authentic”.
  15. Jul 25, 2013
    This is my reply to this post by Noun on Relic forum:

[quote=Noun]I don't think we quite anticipated the tone or volume of the negative reaction. The number of vague death threats I've recieved today from Russia is pretty amazing. Let me be clear. We had a large Russian player base in the original Company of Heroes and that's grown to become our third largest after the USA and
    This is my reply to this post by Noun on Relic forum:

Let me be clear. We had a large Russian player base in the original Company of Heroes and that's grown to become our third largest after the USA and Germany. Russians are valude members of our community, and we hope to be better able to serve them in the future.

Most Russians who've played the game have given fantastic feedback. Some have even sent touching stories about how it's good to see a western company showing their side of the war rather than just doing another game about Normandy. Some of them mention their grandfathers or now great-grandfathers and where they served or possibly died.

Much of the negative feedback is coming from people who have not played the game. Just like it's not the people who read Harry Potter books who want to ban them, or it wasn't Beatles fans who wanted to burn their music, this wave of angry feedback is being whipped up by people who have taken snippets of our campaign, placed them out of context and then told people to be angry about it. But of course it's kind of an honour to get the Beatles Harry Potter treatment if you think about it.

Those who have actually played the campaign should see that we do celebrate the bravery of the common Russian soldier, and how just as in any other army it isn't about fighting for your flag or your government but standing there next to the man beside you because he's your brother and comrade. There are scenes where soldiers disobey orders to save other soldiers, and are punished for it.

Ultimately the Soviet Union was a brutal dictatorship as ruthless as Nazi Germany. That's why our game isn't about Stalin, because he was no hero. Nor was Hitler. The game is, and always has been, about the heroes on the front lines who had little to do with the politics that surrounded the war.

Lots of soldiers fought, on all sides, with bravery and honour. We don't deny that, and we believe we celebrate it with the game.

However we also show a few of the problematic aspects of living in a dictatorship. Times were hard, and maybe it could be argued that Stalin's tactics were what won the war. That however doesn't mean that they didn't happen, no matter how we choose to try to remember our history.

I'm a firm believer that a country should confront its past, even it's negative past. It gives us lessons for how to be better in the future.

This isn't a Russian problem anymore than people burning Beatles records is an American problem or people trying to ban Harry Potter is an American problem. It's a small group of individuals making their country look bad because they've been told by someone on Russia YouTube that they have to be mad about something that has nothing to do with them.

Now go out and buy more copies of the game so we can sell as many as the Beatles and Harry Potter.

[/quote]

Okay, i will say what i think about it:

[quote=Noun]

[/quote]

You see, just as the train cannot reach the end station against the will of it's operator, the war of this scale cannot be won againt the will of commanding officers and generals. As for the game, there are too many scenes where as you said "soldiers disobey orders and are punished for it", making it just too many to believe that this occurence was IN COMMON at the time. What you are trying to do here, is to expose an imaginary savagery of Soviet Union officers and generals, but it has so many flaws in details, that it's actually very easy to distinguish.

[quote=Noun]

[/quote]

You exposed your intentions here.

Comparing Soviet Union to Nazi Germany, making them look equal in the eyes of people who play the game is your ultimate goal or not your, but the goal of the propaganda behind this game.

Nazi command was proven as criminals on Nuremberg Trials, Soviet Union was never proven as criminals, there are no documents that confirm Soviet Union command's crimes. I'm fine with making a game about heroic deeds of front line soldiers without politics, but it was you (Relic or someone behind you), who include politics in this game. And now you're receiving your deserved feedback.
  16. Jul 25, 2013
    Shame! Why did you add such a shameful falsification to the game? It looks no like a computer game, which is supposed to be neutral, but like a propagandist pamphlet.
  17. Jul 25, 2013
    That is typical nazi BS. I think that this kind of pro-nazi stuff should not be sold anywhere at all. I wont to advise people to think about history and truth.
  18. Jul 25, 2013
    The game is a total lie. Distortion of reality and an reproach to the bright memory of my grandfather, who liberated the world from the Nazis. Developers burn in hell.
  19. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic, I will not play this game even if you pay me for every second of gameplay. And I will not by any your game. The storyline offensive to the 30 million Soviet Union people killed in World War 2. Relic, you shameful liars.
  20. Jul 25, 2013
    How about "Sneaky weakly russian without honour 2"? It's a good name for that thing.

Russian veterans clans deeply.

21. Jul 25, 2013
    Relic what are u fakin doing with history? this game story full of I'm from Ukraine and my grandfather told me that Nazi soldier burn our home and villages with people... Or you wana say that soviet soldier burn people in Konzentrationslager Auschwitz?
  22. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. https://vk.com/away.php?to=http%3A%2F%2Fen.ria.ru%2Fworld%2F20130725%2F182423287%2FRussians-Mobilize-Online-to-Fight-New-War-Video-Game-Company-Heroes-2.html&post=-25557243_292700 Expand
  23. Jul 25, 2013
    russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche russophobia idiotia cliche
  24. Jul 25, 2013
    Worst multiplier experience ever. Dont get for multiplayer. Horrible optimization. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken..Worst multiplier experience ever. Dont get for multiplayer. Horrible optimization. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken.. Buggy, busted, and broken. Expand
  25. Jul 25, 2013
    Thank you, bastards, for telling us that our grandfathers were all savages, mass-murderers and cannon-fodder. Hitler and Goebbels are greeting you from the hell.
  26. Jul 26, 2013
    The whole storyline is written by true followers of Joseph Goebbels. Not only many of the myths he invented are in use, but also quotes of russian generals are used out of context, that is simply unproffesional.
  27. Jul 26, 2013
    Old Gameplay, bad storyline. I think, that this game is producing by Hilter from the Hell. I buy it on the Steam and now i am very angry. I want to take my money back!
  28. Jul 26, 2013
    In this Company of Heroes are no heroes, only cowards.
    And burning buildings with civilians inside!
    But this is not Nazis burned the Russians, but Russians.
  29. Jul 26, 2013
    The game is lying about the history of the Eastern Front. My great-grandparents died in the war, I know how they fought and for what. This game is a slap to all Russian. Thank relic of Hitler and Joseph Goebbels.
  30. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic you know nothing about the history of our country so please make the games about your brave Canada nation playing hockey or doing anything else.

1. Pelit (Finland)