Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Jul 25, 2013
    Worst story ever. It has no logic at all and no connection to real history.
    Pro-fascist scenarists from Relic did their best to make USSR look like crowd of cowards and haters.
    COH 1 was beautiful game, and really enjoyed playing it, but this one is a piece of crap after all.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    out of boundaries, dirty, russophobian, abusively game. i have no idea how much stupidy needed to create some worst plot for a "historic" game. relic entertaiment, pls, burn in hell.
  3. Jul 26, 2013
    And where is historical truth? This game is a typical brain washing product of the Ministry of propaganda of the Third Reich, intended for slander Sovien Union (in other words, Russia).
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    I'm one of those offended Russians. And I'll try to write some useful things below, including couple of links.
    For those who wrote that Relic showed THE TRUTH and we, Russians, are brainwashed by propaganda. Never occurred to you what you are brainwashed as well? It was the Cold War, come on. Think about it for a minute.
    Things that are shown in single look just illogical. Even from the
    Things that are shown in single look just illogical. Even from the warfare point of view. Do you really think we could defeat Nazi with such? Do you really think that burning houses at summer (well at winter it make some sense), help to slow down nazis? I'll tell you when houses were burned when nazis were fleeing from Ukraine, they burnt everytihng. At summer. Not to slow down Red Army, but because they wanted scorched earth.

Unfortunately, it looks like you also know about real war history of Eastern Front probably less than we, soviet kiddies, do.

If you are not short-minded, please look at these two titles.

They are two WESTERN authors not writing propaganda stories, just real history (which can be rarely found among western writers, unfortunately).

The funny thing is, that people who have some interest in this topic, already knew this, and those who ignorant, just ignorant, but believes that they know THE TRUTH.

May be this helps you to understand why we are offended.
  5. Jul 26, 2013
    Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans.
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
    But why to bother and read real history books? Let's just make another game about this terrible unhuman russians.
  6. Jul 26, 2013
    terrible game, from untalented people that does not correspond to historical accuracy. A lot of Soviet people were killed for our future, they are heroes, which we should not forget. The game is terrible management, terrible graphics.
  7. Jul 28, 2013
    >Having all Relic WH40K games I expected better value for the price. Bad performance, crashes and silly plot. Portraying of Russians in a "historical" game was ridiculous. Orcs look like a charming persons compared with these "evil russkies".

Totally agreed. Sad but true
  8. Jul 27, 2013
    Go kill yourself, relic... Your game is a total lie and the only one who likes it is Goebbels. What about shutting your useless studio? Good idea, I bet. Chao, nazis!
  9. Jul 27, 2013
    I don't know who wrote those "professional" reviews but this game is bad, auto-match system is unbalanced annihilate is can only be played with your friends, there's only so much victory point someone can play on the 4 maps they give you. compared to COH 1 this game is crap.
  10. Jul 28, 2013
    The story is nothing but a slander against Soviet people and the Red Army. Too offensive for anything else to matter. It should become a commercial failure so that such vile idiotism is not rewarded
  11. Jul 29, 2013
    Stop lying about history of my country! This game have nothing in common with the history of the second word war! Stop doing this or we'll start ding games about past "achievements" of your country.
  12. Jul 25, 2013
    The AI was appalling, the commands were so sluggish I often found troops running in the wrong direction, the campaign was... stupid, frankly, I honestly found it difficult to come up with a good point about the game. Graphics and audio are acceptable (if somewhat basic), so I guess that gives it something.
  13. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all. I waisted $60 on this game. I recommend you save it for something else... maybe go eat a nice stake dinner in fact it would be better spent burning 3 $20 bills for more funThis game is awful, unbalanced and not fun. If you want to win you play Germans, if you want to struggle and lose you should play Russians. The balance is awful and the game is not fun to play multiplayer at all. I waisted $60 on this game. I recommend you save it for something else... maybe go eat a nice stake dinner in fact it would be better spent burning 3 $20 bills for more fun than what you get out of playing COH2. If you want to play this game go play COH 1 is a much better game and you will have more fun and it only costs like $5.

DON'T BUY THIS AWFUL GAME.
  14. Jul 31, 2013
    Can't even play the game. When I try to start it I get an error message saying "Company of heroes 2 has detected it is running in compatibility mode. This is unsupported and should be addressed before launching the game. Attempting to run in compatibility mode will cause the game to run improperly or likely crash. To solve this, ensure neither Company of Heroes 2 or Steam is running inCan't even play the game. When I try to start it I get an error message saying "Company of heroes 2 has detected it is running in compatibility mode. This is unsupported and should be addressed before launching the game. Attempting to run in compatibility mode will cause the game to run improperly or likely crash. To solve this, ensure neither Company of Heroes 2 or Steam is running in compatibility mode."

There are some registry hacks out there to solve the problem, but it doesn't work for me.
  15. Aug 8, 2013
    Everything that doesn’t show Russians as ultimate heroes is offensive to them. No wonder anyway years of post-war communist propaganda twisted so many facts that even now we can’t know the whole spectrum of cruelty and atrocities done by the Red Army.

The reason for the overwhelmingly negative users score: A bunch of closeted Stalinists have rated the game poorly. Stalin was a monster. Apologists for his regime are betrayers to their countrymen and humanity.

This is not to say the game is without it's faults. Other users have pointed these out, extensively. But, seriously: 1.4? (The current average user score on metacritic.) No way. 8.0 (or higher, if the game is patched more)? Definitely.
  16. Jul 23, 2013
    If lying sometime becomes a crime, developers will go to prison for life. This is holy war for people, which's parents and grandparents were here. you'll doe in hell
  17. Jul 31, 2013
    Game can and is good in a multiplayer, but...
    Dull attempt to blacken the Soviet history. Stupidly, very stupidly, Relic. How many to you paid for this nonsense?
  18. Jul 29, 2013
    Stupid game! In this game, the Soviet soldiers shows how the soldiers of the Reich, only worse! It's all lies! Shame people who created this horrible game.
  19. Jul 29, 2013
    Actually I dissapointed in this game. It has many good old stereotypes about "evil russian orcs from Deep Mordor" but why I cannot eat kids and rape womens (or vice versa) to complete campaign? Where is my 80 millions raped german civilians and my big choppa to kill them thereafter?
    Relics, if you are making games about bloodlust, chaotic and stomping orcs use all the folklore and give us more blood for behalf of the Blood God.
  20. Jul 30, 2013
    This game full of national stereotypes! Shame on developers and on fans of game! You thought Japan did no war crimes, Nazi German did no crimes, only communists, Chinese and Russian did! But History will show the true state of your moral condition
  21. Jul 30, 2013
    Disgusting and deceitful game. Political trash. Scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans. This game is a nazi propaganda. Joseph Goebbels applauds to the Relics studio.
  22. Jul 30, 2013
    Singleplayer campaign is bad, it's made by Nazi. Bad Nazi's Relic, are you lying about soviet army. Portraying of Soviet peoples in this game was ridiculous.
  23. Jul 30, 2013
    epic fail....
    bad game looks like cheap propaganda....
    evil russians vs evil germany really ?
    may be it was soviet vs nazi no ?
    made for alternative history fans.....

Hitler Liked!
  24. Jul 30, 2013
  25. Jul 30, 2013
    relic, are you nuts? War is war, there are always negative sides, but do not dare to put that sh*t to the first place in any of your future opuses ever, especially the way you made it in CoH 2. Do not even try to shatter and cancel memories of our fathers and of what took place in reality. USSR was attacked by Hitler's Germany and each and every of soviet people wanted to free country fromrelic, are you nuts? War is war, there are always negative sides, but do not dare to put that sh*t to the first place in any of your future opuses ever, especially the way you made it in CoH 2. Do not even try to shatter and cancel memories of our fathers and of what took place in reality. USSR was attacked by Hitler's Germany and each and every of soviet people wanted to free country from fascist occupation after all. Despite all the privation of years of war. Despite the Stalin's dictatorship. What you've done with plot is absolutely unbearable and will be remembered, be sure of that. Expand
  26. Jul 31, 2013
    The whole story of this game could be a stupid joke. Nevertheless the developers say that the story is based on true historic events. And that is so far from truth as the Earth is far from the Sun. It looks like Relic was overran by modern Nazis. Fight them off or be prepared to go down like Hitler did in 1945.
  27. Aug 1, 2013
    Well, now I hate Relic. Did you play Company of Heroes 2? No? Good! Because they have slinged mud on Soviet soldiers, Polish people, Soviet sitizens (as we know, half of Russians were in jail, and another half were escorting them), and logic, LOGIC F@CK THEM!!! I know that their sourses of information were friends on Facebook, but they had slinged mud on all soldies of the world! Where'sWell, now I hate Relic. Did you play Company of Heroes 2? No? Good! Because they have slinged mud on Soviet soldiers, Polish people, Soviet sitizens (as we know, half of Russians were in jail, and another half were escorting them), and logic, LOGIC F@CK THEM!!! I know that their sourses of information were friends on Facebook, but they had slinged mud on all soldies of the world! Where's f@cking LOGIC? If Relic reads this: listen to the strange sound in the night it's Joseph Goebbels applauses you for the great lies. This company shows that his work lives and will live. F@ck you, Relic. F@ck you. Oh, and also watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2m4SCUaBHS8 (but gameplay is good) Expand
  28. Aug 1, 2013
    Goebbels is started party in hell when this "game" released. Never thought that such nazi storyline can exist in any entertaiment product in our days. It's enough just to read Wiki to understand that screenplayers of Relic must follow destiny of Hitler and Co. I really wish somebody make such game about all Canada. To show all insignificance of this stupid country.
    Wish Relic burn in hell
    Wish Relic burn in hell for this.
  29. Aug 1, 2013
    The problem I had when playing the campaign was how ridiculously exaggerated everything was, to the point where I couldn't take a single word anybody said seriously. It's deeper than the campaign, even in regular gameplay. It makes the whole Soviet army, down to the frontline soldier, look like one-dimensional caricatures.
  30. Aug 2, 2013
    Company of Traitors 2 Hitler approved this game.
    Perhaps this is the first time when I see something so racist towards Soviet peoples, Russian peoples.
    Such a distortion of historical facts, personally I think the ugly. And please do not say that "It's just a game". You definitely would not have enjoyed such a lie about your country.
    It's a shame to do this game.

1. Pelit (Finland)