• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2013
2.1

1. Jul 26, 2013
    As a CoH1 old timer, this is the biggest let down in gaming history. They missed almost everything good from coh1. Instead of a 7 years experienced starting point, they started from scratch, and the game suffers the same gimmicks, bugs, unbalance that CoH1 had on day 1, wich is totally unacceptable for a sequel. The games lacks features CoH1 had 7 years ago (lobby, chat rooms, ladder,As a CoH1 old timer, this is the biggest let down in gaming history. They missed almost everything good from coh1. Instead of a 7 years experienced starting point, they started from scratch, and the game suffers the same gimmicks, bugs, unbalance that CoH1 had on day 1, wich is totally unacceptable for a sequel. The games lacks features CoH1 had 7 years ago (lobby, chat rooms, ladder, crappy automatch, etc...). On the other hand, SEGA has the worst Community Managers ever, so the community is totally retarded. Expand
  2. Jun 30, 2013
    Lack of multiplayer options you cant start automatch game with custom parameters: position on the map, and the maps itself are only random, and you can't browse for the other player's games. Custom games can be set up only against comps and your friends in steam. Too much network issues as in CoH1 sync errors, crashing and problems connecting to others players Snow maps are lagging evenLack of multiplayer options you cant start automatch game with custom parameters: position on the map, and the maps itself are only random, and you can't browse for the other player's games. Custom games can be set up only against comps and your friends in steam. Too much network issues as in CoH1 sync errors, crashing and problems connecting to others players Snow maps are lagging even on near-top pc's game is not optimized at all. For those who like to play PvP multi think twice if you want to buy it. Expand
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    On launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IVOn launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IV and never look back. Expand
  4. Jul 3, 2013
    This game has no SLI support, And relic have confirmed it never will.

Utterly terrible performance for such a visually poor game, Do not take my word for it, Download a "demo" version and see for yourself before you part with your hard earned cash.

Utterly terrible.
  5. Jul 24, 2013
    "Dirty, Russophobe, anti-Soviet propaganda.
    I'd like to send the developers at the time, they are even written by hand, which would be shot them in the back of a penal battalion.
    Do not buy or play this piece of cheap propaganda.
    Do not litter your brain. "

6. Jul 31, 2013
    Dont buy this piece of crap! My AV catched a Trojan! Graphics is 90s, sound is awful. Computer was brought to a grinding halt and almost exploded from overheating. Save your time and money.
  7. Aug 2, 2013
    I'm glad that I played in my friend's copy of game and not spent my money on this. graphics is poor in LOTR BFME 2 was even better it was 2006!!! map design looks like random placing nothing like first part. soldiers apart from 4-5 characters have 1 face for all there was 50+ nations served in red army but all they looks like romper stomper .
    About positioning game like
    About positioning game like historically authentic relic disappointed me a lot I don't remember politics in previous parts why now relic? I read a lot about ww2 and especially 4 years of fighting ussr and reich I'm russian buy the way and me my family all my friends and neighbors would not exist if our ancestry would not have done all to save us from extermination to 20 mlns and slavery .
    I wont tell about history guy named [BadComedian] already made this better then anybody Just want to ask how dare you relic come to our sanctity and ruined it however you want ?
    Or should i say .......reich
  8. Jul 3, 2013
    Expected much more from this game!

The graphics are horrible and low fps problems, I see the same COH 1 with less content, expected at least teams COH 1, Afrika Korps some innovative content, but it has nothing. Regarding the price of the game is absurd. about this game, the Russians weaker than the Germans and the units cost more, I lost three T-34 tank against a panzer and so
    Expected much more from this game!

Regarding the price of the game is absurd. about this game, the Russians weaker than the Germans and the units cost more, I lost three T-34 tank against a panzer and so horrible, the game is unbalanced.

In short, do not buy.
  9. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is warped history (not just ours, but the whole the world). The script Company of Heroes 2 complete nonsense, lies, and the desecration of the memory of Soviet soldiers.
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    The company in game is shame and a shame. Thrust to itself into an ass such historical reliability. People at who lived through on other end of the globe, try to tell the truth about war to people who lost the family. The people which won war and saved the world for horror of fascist Germany are presented in game by the nation of pants of traitors and unscrupulous executioners. Kill itselfThe company in game is shame and a shame. Thrust to itself into an ass such historical reliability. People at who lived through on other end of the globe, try to tell the truth about war to people who lost the family. The people which won war and saved the world for horror of fascist Germany are presented in game by the nation of pants of traitors and unscrupulous executioners. Kill itself about a wall. Expand
  11. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is a nazi propaganda. Joseph Goebbels applauds to the Relics studio.
    From now on, i will never buy Relic games. People who made that game should be sued as nazi criminals.
  12. Jul 24, 2013
    Nice nazi propaganda here. "Repeat a lie a thousnd times and it becomes the truth." Hitler and Goebbels would be glad to play that games from Hell. Sad thing. In past they made Homeworld and Dawn of war, and now they just create a company of heroes 1 with nazi propaganda in story mode.
  13. Jun 30, 2013
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

8 years after CoH and all we get are new skins. AI is so much dumber now... seriously the cover system is totally broken. Oh yeah and the story sucks so to add insult to injury it's worse than CoH. Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH
    This game is awful just friggin awful.

Just so bad to release a game like this. It's not even friggin optimized and runs sluggish as hell!! WHY!? It looks the same as what we saw from CoH 8 years ago. The exact same thing with slightly new skins and voices. Well whatever I just hope people read this and save their money. Trust me when I tell you it's not worth it.
  14. Aug 5, 2013
    It's not a game it's piece of nazi's sh*t! Metascore 80? Are you kidding me?!
    It's not a game it's piece of nazi's sh*t! Metascore 80? Are you kidding me?!
    Citation (auto-translation): "In connection with the addresses of the users considering as inadmissible a number of episodes of game, the 1C-Softklab company made the decision since July 26, 2013 to stop sale of a computer game of Company of Heroes 2 (the developer Relic Entertainment, the publisher SEGA) in the territory of the Russian Federation and the CIS. At present we analyze a situation and informed on it the developer and the publisher of Company of Heroes 2."
    That's good. STEAM on turn..
  15. Jul 24, 2013
    WHAT. THE. ****
    WHAT. THE. ****
    This game is horrible, it offends me and history of my country. I would expect this from some cheap propaganda in 70-80s, but at this point in time there is no logical excuse to release this bogus clump of misinformed and ill-advised lies that you call "a story". I am glad that I didn't fall for the hype around the first part and decided to investigate further before giving you the money. (Also the product is overpriced. At this price point it better be AAA-hit, not this.) I hope this game is a failure and also, all of you at runic games, who made this possible I wish you all the worst in your life, you are horrible excuses for human beings.
  16. Jul 24, 2013
    Debility game, and with it, and the writers are morons and nazis. This is how we must not know the history of WWII, that would create such a guano. Barrier troops
    NKVD not creeping retreating, and deserters were caught in the rear and at railway stations.
    NKVD colonel because he could not command the troops, except that all the other officers were killed. The creators need to be mmurdered in for a game, but rather condemned for Nazi propaganda.
    P.S. I apologize for my English
  17. Aug 5, 2013
    If you really care about your hard earned dollar/euro/pound sterling/etc., do not buy this piece of excrement!
    Game is badly optimized, seems like developers wanted to release the game as soon as possible, hence the low frames per second.
  18. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is bad both aas a game and as a lie.
    It would seem the Relic company is involved in rigging the reviews, ..look at all the 10 marks there is NOTHING in the game what is worth 10, 9, 8 points. Nothing.
  19. Aug 9, 2013
    Great show of Relic influced by Nazi propaganda. Mr Goebbels is applauding loudly from the other side. Pro tip: get historians, not journalists. Research facts, don't just use stereotypes, you're not fifteen anymore.
  20. Jun 30, 2013
    Unfortunately, this game is a letdown, compared to the CoH 1. Less units, removed commander trees, less maps. And most of all uninteresting and quite political campaign, clearly anti-soviet, that shows all soviet officers as beasts, who sent soldiers to die and executed them every single day.
  21. Jun 29, 2013
    Micromanagement, twitch RTS. Too fast to enjoy. AI infantry swarms. Easy mode is too hard. Back to the original for me. Invincible AI infantry and little incentive to built advanced mechanised units. Spam infantry to win command point victory.
  22. Jul 26, 2013
    To the game creators well done, you are real followers of the nazis. What are you know about WWII? Did your grandfather missed the leg due to German bomb, as mine did? Did your relatives spent a 900 days in blocked by nazis Leningrad city with only one small peace of bread in a day to survive, as mine did. All the people of USSR will never tell anything bad about Soviet Army, because weTo the game creators well done, you are real followers of the nazis. What are you know about WWII? Did your grandfather missed the leg due to German bomb, as mine did? Did your relatives spent a 900 days in blocked by nazis Leningrad city with only one small peace of bread in a day to survive, as mine did. All the people of USSR will never tell anything bad about Soviet Army, because we know who spent the lives and who paid by blood for our AND for YOUR, my dear game creators, freedom and convenient life. So you may be honest for your masterpiece, well try to put in the people who died to save their families, their life stile and simply to keep the world in the view as we see it now, but these try will not work with us, who know, who remember...
    To the gamers please don't buy it, don't play it, respect yourself!
  23. Aug 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shame of Relic for the release of such games ,Distortion of historical data is a crime and violation of the law .
    I do not have nothing against the game itself, but the story line is terrible to tears it's disrespect of war veterans, Relic hurt not only Russia but also Ukraine and Belarus
  24. Aug 4, 2013
    This is Nazism, and not a game! (I'm from Russia, I'm so sorry, just Sorry) olserhnbo tonbasoeti njiamtpiasnousjtjnohbaiktnaejohbndrtnsetjnazdgtnarmanaant This is my reaction to this game!!
  25. Jul 23, 2013
    If you care about real history don't buy it.
    Scenario of this game is trying to discredit and mix with dirt Russian history, giving the wrong idea of ​​what happened during the World War 2.
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    This game represents awfully unfair one-sided point of view on the past of my country. I feel a real offence to the memory of my grandfathers. Shame on you Relic.
  27. Aug 3, 2013
    addon made by Nazi sympathizers. The worst bang for your buck.
    This peace of crap should cost 5$ (even at that price I can't recommend it to anyone).
  28. Jun 25, 2013
    Relic! Really?
    As a Company of Heroes veteran (have bought and extensively played the previous four), I really could not be more disappointed.
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss. Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge
    Relic! Really?
    Every developer has had a big miss, and Relic has their first huge miss.

Company of Heroes 1 was released 7 years ago. Yet it has better UI, better unit information, better maps. And even better graphics, as Company of Heroes 2 demands huge computer power for very little enhancements.

Snipers are worthless, no mines, or sandbags. Buildings look much worse than COH1, the User Interface wastes ridiculous space in worthless unit descriptions.

There are so many steps back from its predecessor, that the snow effects and 5% better graphics really cannot make this game passable.

And the little snow pocket watch. What! This is a serious RTS not Command & Conquer. Timed blizzards are ridiculous.

Very very angry at Relic. Seven years in the making, they could have just added some snow to COH1. Maybe a $10 DLC.
  29. Jun 25, 2013
    For the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into thisFor the love of god DON'T BUY IT! This game is a failure on so many levels. Firstly as some of you could have guessed somebody was going to complain about, day one DLC, I don't care what anybody says content created pre-release should be in the game, especially when it is important content like commanders etc. Secondly the campaign is horribly done they have put almost no work into this campaign making it a chore to play through (besides that fact like some other users have pointed out I feel like the campaign is a slight bit racist towards Russians). Thirdly as you might also have guessed almost NOTHING HAS CHANGED seriously this is just ridiculous, basically what they have added is a semi-working version of true sight, weather (snow), Russians. As far as I can tell they haven't done a thing to improve the AI nor have they improved on any of the other hampering game mechanics. Really I don't see where all the work they claim has gone into this project is because as far as I can tell this is a DLC adding the Russians and little else. If your argument is if it works why change it then one they shouldn't make almost the exact same game and sell it as if it's a new release, second company of heroes has a lot of room for improvement so don't try to ruse people into believing the game was perfect. Expand
  30. Aug 3, 2013
    Its a Nazi game made by Nazi for a Nazi. Its last game from this company i ever bye and i hope it will restricted in russia. Poor grafik and idiotic story from Soljenicin and Dr. Gebels.

1. Pelit (Finland)