• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.0

1. Feb 16, 2014
    I think Company of Heroes 2 is a great improvement over its first title. In all the time I spent playing (114h) I've never found even a single bug, crash, or any issues mentioned by other users, so I feel like this game is suffering a big boycott at this website from people who think they know very well what Stalin's policies were about during the 2nd World War. I think the game it's wellI think Company of Heroes 2 is a great improvement over its first title. In all the time I spent playing (114h) I've never found even a single bug, crash, or any issues mentioned by other users, so I feel like this game is suffering a big boycott at this website from people who think they know very well what Stalin's policies were about during the 2nd World War. I think the game it's well developed historically speaking, taking into account that not only the Nazi faction committed atrocious crimes against humanity, and being clearly in favour of all the Russian soldiers who suffered the consequences of Stalin's war policies narrating them in the perspective of a soldier. While I don't think the storyline is anything great, it's definitely not biased.

The negative part of Company of Heroes 2 is that...: Would you like to have more commanders? Cash. Do you want more maps? Cash. Do you want more skins for your vehicles? Cash. Do you want anything we pretend to release since the first game's launch? Cash, cash, cash. I sincerely feel like I paid for the half part of a game which hasn't been finished and it's still under development.

In my opinion this is the best Real Time Strategy game at the moment. It's unique in its genre and it's clearly the one dominating in terms of quality. If you like fast paced real time strategy games, realism and the 2nd World War period, you should get it.
  2. Nov 18, 2013
    I had so much fun on this game.

One of the best RTS games available at the moment.

I have no idea whether the history is correct or not but to be honest, I really don't care.

It's just a game
  3. Apr 13, 2014
    Please ignore the reviews below 7. This game has been attacked by Russians who can`t tell what is true about WWII in any case.

I just picked this game few days ago and man, it is so good! A wonderful RTS set in horrible days of World War II. In singleplayer campaign that takes about 12 hours, you get to play the Soviets (Russians).Everything here is realistic. Very bad Red Army made

In singleplayer campaign that takes about 12 hours, you get to play the Soviets (Russians).Everything here is realistic. Very bad Red Army made of amateurs, not able to command anything, with inferior commanders, coward soldiers and poor machinery. They even shot a lot of their own people for no reason. This is all recreated in the game, the player depends mostly on Soviet cannonfodder in the first missions with it getting a little better with poor T34 tanks for example.

There are some problems with the game.
    1. In sp you can`t play as the Germans.
    2. It needs a very strong pc to run good (but when you do the graphics are very nice).
    3. AI can be very stupid at times.

Nonetheless this game provides very realistic battles in a realistic enough setting so it is very satisfying, even when you play as Stalin lover.

Wonderful, beautiful game 10/10.
  4. Jul 1, 2014
    They patched it and brought it up to the quality of COH1. 8/10. The new expansion is the true successor to CoH1. Buy the Western Armies expansion and skip CoH2 if you have to.
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    i love this game. great graphic, gameplay and historically accurate. Just like in the history book, despite what some brainwashed individuals here claim. What more could you possibly want from a game.
  6. Jan 13, 2014
    - terrible,stupid sp (full of worst kind of propaganda by the way :) )

+fun and diverse mp and that is only thing that i care for. Many units and strategies. Good balance.
  7. Aug 18, 2013
    Looks like the "Russians" are running a campaign to downvote this game through hook or crook. The 0s are way to obvious and cheap. I won't spam votes but I feel the game deserves a fair chance at a very reasonable price it being offered at.
  8. Aug 6, 2013
    Je mets 10 pour équilibrer, cause des trolls qui ont du mal avec l'histoire. La campagne est plaisante et captivante de long en large, elle offre un vision réaliste du front de l'est. Les graphismes sont plus fins, la représentation des 2 camps est plus réaliste.

Le gameplay est toujours aussi prenant sans qu'on ait besoin d'être coréen pour s'en sortir. Certes ça manque un peu de nouveautés (A noter que les nouveaux mécanismes de jeux dus au blizzard sont bien pensés) mais la recette est suffisamment efficace pour passer un bon moment. Vu la rareté des bon jeux de stratégie, pourquoi s'en priver?
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    I got the original COH and played it a little bit, but not extensively, so I don't know COH very well. So going into COH 2, it's pretty much a new game to me.
    I have to say, it was difficult to get into at first, but now that I've figured out the mechanics, I really love this game. I don't have hours to play a single game, so Theater of War is perfect for me. Can get in, play a 30-40 min game, and get out.
    Excellent game, and I'm very happy with the purchase!
  10. Jul 11, 2013
    What happend to Metacritic? Its has almost reached the same level as amazon.com when it comes to user reviews... so many biased post, It's almost unbearable. I feel sorry for Relic because they had a very hard time (THQ gone bankrupt) and COH2 was on the edge to be thrown in the paperbox. Sega bought Relic and they could finish this product but it was a troublesome development... underWhat happend to Metacritic? Its has almost reached the same level as amazon.com when it comes to user reviews... so many biased post, It's almost unbearable. I feel sorry for Relic because they had a very hard time (THQ gone bankrupt) and COH2 was on the edge to be thrown in the paperbox. Sega bought Relic and they could finish this product but it was a troublesome development... under those conditions I have to say that this game is actually really good.

I'm sure that Relic will improve on this game with new units, new factions and other features... just like they did with COH1. At the moment COH1 maybe is the better game (aside from graphics) but COH1 was released in 2006 and had tons of balance/content patches and some addons, so you can expect it to be a bit better! COH2 will reach that level in the future... but you have to be patient.

_________________________

Now that this has been said, I actually like this game. I've spent about 100 hours into the online mode already (have not even played the campaign yet) and I totally love it. The early game was a bit unbalanced but yesterday (10th july) the first balance patch was released and they addressed the issues and the next patch will most likely address mid and/or late game. There will be new TOTW missions as well (I finished all TOTW1941 missions on highest difficulty, they where entertaining).

I would give this game 8/10 for its current state but because of all those hater-post I'm going to give it a 10... its really sad how the gamerbase has changed... and NO this review is not bought by relic, as some paranoid users tend to say about other people's opinions on this game.
  11. Aug 6, 2013
    One of the best RTS in the last few years. Good campaign, enjoyable gameplay and solid story, Relic did a great job. I didn't encounter any bugs so far.
  12. Jun 25, 2013
    Great games overall. Even though it isn't as wowing as when the first company of heroes came out, it still got a huge improvement on graphics and it is a great game. The campaign is still as good as the first one, long and emotional.
  13. Aug 1, 2013
    If you read only one thing in this review, read this: The reviews on this page got bombed by eastern europeans that were upset at how the game portrayed characters on the soviet side.

That being said, the game is amazing. If you're a fan of COH1, you'll love COH2. Everything across the board has saw an improvement, and the balance is really the only thing patches are touching on now. As with any RTS, expect the balance changes to continue until COH3 comes out, but as it stands the current balance is incredibly well set up.
  14. Sep 24, 2013
    Excellent game, and a SPOT ON portrayal of the communists. I know that a lot of russians take exception to their dark and terrible history, in which they have NOTHING to be proud of and EVERYTHING to be shamed of, but they should not expect the rest of the world to indulge in that fantasy.

Even many russian youth are embracing far-right activity, as they know full well how evil and wrong communism is on so many levels.

Kudos to the developers for creating such a wonderful game that ACCURATELY portrays the commies for what they were.
  15. Jun 25, 2013
    Why is it okay for games like Starcraft, Call of Duty, Battlefield to remain the same every year yet people are okay with it but this game cant? Why ruin one of the best RTS games made. They have added on to it to make it even better. It's a fantastic game and well worth the wait.
  16. Jul 2, 2013
    It was an amazing experience, my only grip is that the main campaign is to short, but it is great how the campaign evolve, in the first missions when you have to play defending all you can, you can experience the lack of resources an gear that the russian army actually have to suffer, then the war advance and the winter became the factor that let the russians reorganice a counter atackIt was an amazing experience, my only grip is that the main campaign is to short, but it is great how the campaign evolve, in the first missions when you have to play defending all you can, you can experience the lack of resources an gear that the russian army actually have to suffer, then the war advance and the winter became the factor that let the russians reorganice a counter atack and your equipment and gear improves acordingly, well i like it and and i recommend to anyone who whants a great challenge and a bit of history lessons (betwen loading screens) Expand
  17. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is great; good game play, interesting mechanics, and overall a lot of fun. As for those who say this game company supports Nazis, they are absolutely wrong. Relic attempts to show both Russians and Germans as soldiers fighting a war, leaving the politics out of it. It's an attempt at creating an experience of what the war was like for the respective sides, not making a politicalThis game is great; good game play, interesting mechanics, and overall a lot of fun. As for those who say this game company supports Nazis, they are absolutely wrong. Relic attempts to show both Russians and Germans as soldiers fighting a war, leaving the politics out of it. It's an attempt at creating an experience of what the war was like for the respective sides, not making a political point. It's about showing the human side of soldiers caught up in a brutal war. As was the case during the war, many German soldiers were not hard line Nazis, but were simply soldiers fighting a war. That's hat Relic portrays. As for all these Russian sympathizers trying to play off the brutal communist regime of Russia as a bunch of heroes, tell that to the millions of Kulaks Stalin murdered. Russia made Nazi Germany look like a walk in the park, and killed millions more in its numerous purges than the Nazis ever did. Expand
  18. Jul 27, 2013
    Great game with solid single player campaign and Theatre of War mode. Awesome multiplayer with a great community. Post launch support has been great so far. All that's needed is a competitive ladder and a few balance tweaks but that is to be expected with a game only a month old.
  19. Jun 25, 2013
    the multiplayer is amazing, i'm playing since beta and the gameplay is fantastic, theater of war is intresting to variate and the campain in my opinion is better then the first one... i'm not saying that its fantastic but is variated and solid... however the multiplayer is fantastic
  20. Jun 26, 2013
    Awesome game. Not revolutionary, but more of the same of what made Company of Heroes great and that is no bad thing.

If you liked CoH you should love this.
  21. Jun 25, 2013
    At long last, after so many months, THQ bankruptcy, and many hard moments for CoH community, this game is finally here. Its hard to believe, really. Game is above any of my expectations, regarding hard THQ times and limited budget. I dont know whats the point writing a review about the game which everyone had a chance to try on Steam these past weeks. As a result CoH2 is top seller onAt long last, after so many months, THQ bankruptcy, and many hard moments for CoH community, this game is finally here. Its hard to believe, really. Game is above any of my expectations, regarding hard THQ times and limited budget. I dont know whats the point writing a review about the game which everyone had a chance to try on Steam these past weeks. As a result CoH2 is top seller on Steam atm. Because it sucks? I dont think so. This is not the game where it was insanelly overhiped (cough Bioshock Infinite cough), and you bought it blindly, and later complaining to fall on critic scores. CoH2 had Open Beta, and whoever wanted it he got it.
    Troll den, such as Metacritic, will be a heaven for those, hardly that insanity from Steam forums wont spill here:
    "OMG, this game is just an expansion, CoH 1.5 at its best, rip-ooooooff"
    "OMG, this game is nothing like CoH, its completelly different"
    "They are showing us (Russians) as monsters"
    "They are using commies to show them like heroes, and theres no Americans in this game, boo-hoo"
    "Russians are completelly OP"
    "Germans are OP"
    "You can buy skins like DLC, this is pay 2 win gameeeeeeee"
    Not to mention StarCraft 2, Men of War, and World in Conflict trolls stalking forums and You Tube comment sections. Some of them are submited their reviews already. Great visuals (vehicles are more detailed than in most other genre games), Great voiceover, just like Im used from Relic, and epic soundtrack. This game isnt perfect, I would give it 9, but Im forced to give it 10 because of these reasons.
  22. Aug 8, 2013
    Everything that doesn’t show Russians as ultimate heroes is offensive to them. No wonder anyway years of post-war communist propaganda twisted so many facts that even now we can’t know the whole spectrum of cruelty and atrocities done by the Red Army.

The reason for the overwhelmingly negative users score: A bunch of closeted Stalinists have rated the game poorly. Stalin was a monster. Apologists for his regime are betrayers to their countrymen and humanity.

This is not to say the game is without it's faults. Other users have pointed these out, extensively. But, seriously: 1.4? (The current average user score on metacritic.) No way. 8.0 (or higher, if the game is patched more)? Definitely.
  23. Sep 12, 2014
    -FACTS:
    Company Of Heroes is also really moddable. units can be added ( animating too), and there are many succesfull modifications and bonus single player Campaign Generator multiplayer mods .
    - HOW I FEEL : Wow! i likE the gameplay , whatever 1000 russian provocators cry about stOry, -skip the story - the GAMEPLAY is NICE ! strong Emotion can be sensed from situataions, and i get
    -FACTS:
    - HOW I FEEL :
    the GAMEPLAY is NICE ! strong Emotion can be sensed from situataions, and i get excited from what cool things i see as i move to next area in game. Production quality shows, im happy this game was made!
    ___ ( bytheway:
    (sad that also Metacritic CoH2 page has been targeted by russian Bureau of Propaganda :(
  24. Dec 12, 2013
    If you talk about history DON'T bend it!! (both to reviewers and Relic)

I don't understand why people give this game "0" because it's not historically accurate. And after reading some of reviews how it's inaccurate i see that they are even further from truth. it's not so good game as CoH was but it's not bad, especially if you have Friends to play with (like i do) i would give it 6-8
    If you talk about history DON'T bend it!! (both to reviewers and Relic)

i would give it 6-8 most likely 8 for new as they have just given us modding tools, but i don't have any dlc's
  25. Aug 11, 2013
    I give this game ~7 points for fun/mechanics and so on. I loved CoH 1 and all expansions and especially the mods like Blitzkrieg. Coh 1 was a game changer some sorts, but this is a decent game which suffered from the producer going into bankrupcy and so on. Too bad.

BUT I give it 10 because of the butthurting it caused. Whiny about historical accuracy, especially by russians and coh-fanboyship. Look I am thankful that the russians saved the world from the Nazis, but they did it the way they did and far as I know this isn't as inaccurate as russians like it to be.

So Buuuhuuu go cry, but a game like that recieving a 1.5 user score is just rediculous. Grow up.
  26. Jun 25, 2013
    It's just perfect RTS. Also It's the best RTS. Much more better than Men of War.Great story about soviets, excellent multplayer and interesting Theatre of War. I really enjoyed this game! Great game!!!
  27. Jun 25, 2013
    Ten reasons to play Company of Heroes 2:

1. Two assymetrical sides of conflict Soviets with their great numbers and universality and Germans with advanced vehicles and skilled soldiers 2. Amazing competitive multiplayer developers really listen to community opinions so there is a good balance between factions even now on Day 1 3. Very interesting Coop missions in Theatre of War mode
    Ten reasons to play Company of Heroes 2:

3. Very interesting Coop missions in Theatre of War mode
    4. Nice graphics and physics every object on the map is destructable, you can turn map into Moon's surface, snow covers houses and vehicle remains during blizzards
    5. New winter warfare blizzards, snow, ice looks beautiful and affects all your actions on the battlefield
    6. Eastern Front with its brutality CoH has become more darker and serious than its predecessor
    7. Awesome soundtrack and unit voiceovers "PPSh-41 for everyone!"
    8. Possibility to create your own army with customizer different unit specialisations, different commanders, different vehicles camos
    9. Cinematic battles soldiers cover behind walls and fences, arty shells and grenades tear infantry aparts, fatally wounded soldiers are trying to crawl from the battle, tanks crush poor infantry there is a WW2 movie on your monitor
    10. Sigleplayer campaign not so historically correct but well-directed, long and interesting

Relic doesn't create bad games. CoH2 is a solid confirmation of this statement.
  28. Jun 25, 2013
    The main problems for some gamers are the "political subtext" and "it's too old". Nice. Game really good, nice. Many DLC materials could be open while playing. Multiplayer are good, but some bus may be revealed. Sorry for mistakes. And for hidden "comrades". khm,
  29. Jun 25, 2013
    This game in my opinion is amazing. I never played the first CoH so I'm not sure if it's too similar or whatever, all I know is that it plays great. The campaign is a bit dull but honestly I don't think that's what most people bought it for. The multiplayer and co-op modes are fast paced and extremely fun. The thing that I enjoy most is that instead of being based on how many clicks youThis game in my opinion is amazing. I never played the first CoH so I'm not sure if it's too similar or whatever, all I know is that it plays great. The campaign is a bit dull but honestly I don't think that's what most people bought it for. The multiplayer and co-op modes are fast paced and extremely fun. The thing that I enjoy most is that instead of being based on how many clicks you can make (looking at you starcraft) the game requires you to best your ally through superior tactics and outmaneuvering. If you are the kind of person who loves ww2 and real combat not a clicking contest BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  30. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To all who rate this game so negative did u play it already? What's wrong with the campaign? You come out here and assess this game with 4 points or less WITHOUT arguments ...

Its a realy nice Game! It´s not CoH 1 but you can tell where it comes from.
    I like the new features like Winter, footsteps, true sight and so on. Caomaign is also good.

Good work Relic. Keep on!
  31. Jun 25, 2013
    Being a person who, according to steam, has played the original company of heroes for 272 hours and the beta for so far 52 hours am a bit of a subject matter expert in Company of Heroes. This game is fantastic. It is more balanced than the original and with the advent of more MOS's/ Generals has in my mind greater replay value. The ability of certain units to dominate the battlefieldBeing a person who, according to steam, has played the original company of heroes for 272 hours and the beta for so far 52 hours am a bit of a subject matter expert in Company of Heroes. This game is fantastic. It is more balanced than the original and with the advent of more MOS's/ Generals has in my mind greater replay value. The ability of certain units to dominate the battlefield early has been handled nicely with manpower becoming more scarce as unit upkeep takes its toll. Artillery has more of a primary role in this game, as tanks have a game winning quality in later stages. All in all I couldn't have hoped for a better sequel and am completely amazed that so many people despise this game. I think that an odd blending of nostalgia and elitist irony are to blame. Expand
  32. Jun 26, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a great sequel of the original and definitely lives up to the expectations of dedicated fans who waited 7 years for it to come out.

The game feels similar to Vanilla CoH simply because the system used in it was so successful, cover, randomness and all the amazing features that were never experienced before in a RTS game. The game is very specific, one and only

The game is very specific, one and only standing out of the crowd, you have to love the way it feels and plays, unlike StarCraft and other similar RTS, CoH has the randomness factor and lacks exact numbers so you cannot really predict how the engagement is gonna end up, unit counters are purely situational and the only thing stopping you from being creative about the tactics is yourself!

There is a lot of hate in the scores, they are absolute bs, game is relatively cheap for standard edition, not more expensive than any other new release, and the exclusive red start edition which is in fact £70/$100 is not required, I got it since I love Relic and their work, but the only think that I have and others does not are skins (cosmetic changes) and Theatre of War, Single Player/ Co-op missions.

There is no exclusive content that gives you advantages in multiplayer over other people so please stop whining.

As to the political hate. This is World War II, eastern front, Russians vs Germans, fair enough, both of them were hated by some, but ffs this is a VIDEO GAME, Russians were tyrants just as Germans were, not all of them, but they were, I know this well having some insight into the history and coming from Poland that used to be under the occupation of both factions, if you ask me? Russians were much worse than Germans at times, yet everyone cries about showing them in the bad light.

"Not one step back" was a thing and a lot of Russians died fighting for the Motherland, deal with it. They murdered, raped and pillaged, MUCH MORE than German forces advancing through some countries but this is a political discussion and we are not here for this.

The game is amazing, definitely worth buying and playing for the next 7 years until Company of Heroes 3 comes out.

RECOMMENDED!

Just Dawid.
  33. Jun 26, 2013
    I have been playing Company of Heroes since 2005 when the COH alpha went live. I love RTS games. I also love the WWII setting. Relic has managed to make an incredible dynamic, fun, interesting game that really tells a different story every time you play. If you like a great looking game, that is fun and different to play give this game a shot! The Campaign is fun and tells a good story,I have been playing Company of Heroes since 2005 when the COH alpha went live. I love RTS games. I also love the WWII setting. Relic has managed to make an incredible dynamic, fun, interesting game that really tells a different story every time you play. If you like a great looking game, that is fun and different to play give this game a shot! The Campaign is fun and tells a good story, Theater of War features coop and fun scenarios and challenges for players. The multiplayer my personal favorite is a blast as well. This game is a great deal of fun and we can look forward to a long system of content and support from one of the best dev teams around! Expand
  34. Jul 7, 2013
    incredible graphics. Very well maintained. Soviets will have to fiddle around this time to move forward and regain their homeland. The game needed a good team, however it is worth the game
  35. Jun 27, 2013
    AWESOME!!!!! This game is so awesome!!!
    The multiplayer mode is very nice. The AI is very inteligent and every game is a challange.
    So if you want a realistic and a challanging game buy it you will not regret.
  36. Jun 27, 2013
    I absolutely love this game!! The original game was great. All those who comment about this as not being that different don't get it and are just cranky. If a game is built on a solid platform and is hailed as perfect, then drastically changing it makes no sense at all. It would have spoiled one of the best RTS game yet. As it is, Relic got it and knew to tweak a great thing, refining itI absolutely love this game!! The original game was great. All those who comment about this as not being that different don't get it and are just cranky. If a game is built on a solid platform and is hailed as perfect, then drastically changing it makes no sense at all. It would have spoiled one of the best RTS game yet. As it is, Relic got it and knew to tweak a great thing, refining it to make it even better!! Expand
  37. Jun 27, 2013
    A great game that can hook any RTS fan! Gameplay is well paced, and the overall gaming experience makes this game a definite 10/10. It is almost as though you were commanding the real war! ;P
  38. Jun 27, 2013
    guys the game is new. coh 1 became a 10/10 because of the patches. just wait a bit and ballance will be sorted out. the core game is excellent the snow, true sight and dynamic destruction of the environment creates a really epic experience that i could play for hours.
  39. Jun 28, 2013
    Excellent game. With developers who will keep refining the game, new expansions arriving EVERY 90 DAYS and years worth of content ahead, Company of Heroes 2 is the perfect World War 2 RTS. I'm giving it a 10 for the fact that it is going to expand...
  40. Jun 28, 2013
    Best RTS of 2013! The multiplayer is about strategy not massing troops. This game is about countering what the enemy brings to the fight. Its a constant battle back in forth, with the maps allowing many routes and paths to take to attack the enemy. Both factions are balanced, and allow for two different play styles.

I've played well over 200 games and completed the campaign. The

I've played well over 200 games and completed the campaign. The balancing is amazing and the campaign is enthralling with dark story.

The only downside is only 2 armies to play at the moment, but as expansion come out expect more armies to play as, and more units.
  41. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is fantastic. I found it totally enjoyable to play. I'm glad that Sega picked up where THQ left off. The new mechanics are fun and tactical however I can see where some people may dislike the fact it's similar to COH1 but the multilayer, campaign and all new Theater of War gamemode are fun and worthwhile. I recommend you buy this game as soon as possible!
  42. Jun 30, 2013
    It's a very good game The story is awesome the gameplay is very good It has some minor flaws but the characters are intresting. And if they focus more on the multiplayer the multiplayer might be very good
  43. Jul 1, 2013
    Best game in the Year. Good Campaign is good, not to short, but the focus is in the MULTIPLAYER, MULTIPLAYER is awesome!!! The game in early stage now, but Relic works for more new maps, skins, commander, etc. I love it!
  44. Jul 1, 2013
    Great campaign............ Excellent gameplay......... amazing multi-player
    Company of heroes 2 has taken all of the good things from the first one and refined them to make even a better game
  45. Jul 6, 2013
    Story wise, CoH 2 captured the essence of WW2 battle between the Soviet and Germany. The battles were among the bloodiest, and there were moments where Soviet was just as bad as Germany, especially with Stalin's Order 227. Battle of Kursk, Leningrad and Stalingrad was mentioned and captured, not perfectly but enough for us just to imagine the nightmare on the Eastern Fronts. Furthermore inStory wise, CoH 2 captured the essence of WW2 battle between the Soviet and Germany. The battles were among the bloodiest, and there were moments where Soviet was just as bad as Germany, especially with Stalin's Order 227. Battle of Kursk, Leningrad and Stalingrad was mentioned and captured, not perfectly but enough for us just to imagine the nightmare on the Eastern Fronts. Furthermore in contrary to popular believes, the game doesn't trying to reflect Soviet as evil nations (despite there were some instances that strongly suggest one), but merely the desperation of the of war (using conscripts for example that includes every able men and women).

The campaign has a fun gameplay although the story part of the game feels a little bit weak, however, we all knew how the story goes in all games like these Allied forces won so there isn't much use trying to put extra gimmicks by further elaborating on the story that we all pretty much knew since primary school years. Therefore, for those seeking for story, RTS genres like this game won't have much on that department and thus, stop criticising it.

Putting that aside, another impressive feat was how much detail was given on the units, particularly the tanks. An accurate description for each unit was provided and this gives immersion to the game that is not really available for other RTS games. Although the AI might have a slight issue in path-finding, with a little micromanagement, the battles seem flawless.

In addition, controlling a couple of Tiger IVs and VIs smashing through enemies' defences feel satisfactory. Or ordering artillery barrage using leFH 18 to soften up defences before rolling in flemmenwerfer to capture enemy territories, only to be burnt alive by Scorched Earth and barrages from Katyusha rockets. Soviet's IS-2 and T-34 tanks lived up to their names as a few that can stand against German and their panzergrupp.

This game is not about steam-rolling. Armored division are great but without proper support from infantry, the AT (anti-tank) weapons will make a short work of the panzers, more so when entrenched behind enemy lines. Infantry also have variety between the two factions, Soviets have cheap but relatively weak infantry compared with the Germans, so different strategies are required when deploying large numbers of units. Also, Soviet's tanks are heavier and slower to fire compared to German's more agile tanks.

The 'Theatre of War' mode fills the battles that were not covered on the campaign (by year, the first is 1941) and will continue as DLC presumably for the following 4 years until 1945. Despite what others might have said about the price, those DLCs are small price to pay for the quality of details provided by Relic.

In short, the attention to details are what made this game worthwhile.

+Atmosphere of Eastern Fronts
    +Accurate details
    +Theatre of War

-Multiplayer issues (lags)
    -Some units might feel slightly underwhelming or overwhelming
    -Huge learning curve in micromanagement
  46. Jul 7, 2013
    Only RTS game in this year that can shake this is Rome 2. But, I guess, Tom Chick Mr "professional" reviewer (aka Quarter to Three) will be there to spit yet another ultra-low score to yet another great game. 20 to Halo/Civ5, 60 to The Last of Us,... Being professional troll like this, but making amateur mistake of not making his Steam profile private, where you can easily see that heOnly RTS game in this year that can shake this is Rome 2. But, I guess, Tom Chick Mr "professional" reviewer (aka Quarter to Three) will be there to spit yet another ultra-low score to yet another great game. 20 to Halo/Civ5, 60 to The Last of Us,... Being professional troll like this, but making amateur mistake of not making his Steam profile private, where you can easily see that he hasnt a single minute of CoH2 played. But that doesnt bother him while he writes his review, it seems. And another low score of 40... Im used to see from a reviewer to take in consideration all game elements while scoring the game graphics, sound, gameplay, modes,... IS this game so broken half-product like Aliens Colonial Marines, or SimCity? Is it so bad like that miscreant Duke Nukem Forever? Dont bet on that. Its really ridiculous that some people still taking Metacritics for serious. When you see something like this from someone who has a privilege to write pro reviews what to expect from users... I saw some veteran members from CoH community writing their reviews. But for every one of them there are five trolls, with at least 2 accounts down-woting positive reviews, and submiting their zeros with nothing less than hilarious reasons. Its bad because it have campaign? Gameplay is a copy of Man of War!? Theres no annihilation mode!!? Did you tried to change victory conditions in options? Shame that Metacritics doesnt include IQ testing before someone can submit a review. Expand
  47. Jul 10, 2013
    This game looks very beautiful for an RTS! I just can't resist it. The factions are distinct and they feel unique. The voice acting adds to the great immersion of the game.
    Somehow this game has so much charme to it. The weapon sounds, the soldiers' lines and the beautiful and realistic looks of everything make this such an intense experience. Being a very impatient fellah I can even enjoy replays of this that's how gorgeous this game is overall!
  48. Jul 12, 2013
    Good RTS games are so few and between nowadays. This is a true classic that does not reinvent itself in order to appease to a bigger crowd. Stays true to its origins and fans.
    Can't wait for the first expansion to hit the stores, that's when the game will take its full shape.
  49. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game. I preordered it and i dont regret it at all. The campaing alone is worth the money and is far better than any of the coh 1 campaings. It has some very fun maps like that tiger tank hunting with limited resources etc.. Also blizzards makes online matches more dynamic and they chance the pace of the game. I just wish they would last longer.
  50. Jul 24, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoy this game online. There may be a few balance issues... well rather some units being so good that other units become less relevant which causes some units to be overused by both factions while other units are neglected. But all in all the game is heading in a good direction since Relic said they'll take care of Strafe and OpelBlitz. Can't wait
  51. Jul 24, 2013
    Excellent multi-player game. Very long campaign and Theatre of war collection make the game valuable and worth the money. The weather and vision system are excellent additions to the game.
  52. Jul 25, 2013
    Fantastic competitive multiplayer. Single player storyline might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this should in no way be detrimental to the multiplayer. Competitive multiplayer is in my opinion the pinnacle of what makes the game so much fun and the focus point of the game. Relic are also doing a good job finding the perfect balance step by step.
  53. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Рassed all CoH2 Really amazing game about east front Мission as a journey Interesting episodes .Russian players so aggressively not like the game because it showed the truth. They are sick they need help. Expand
  54. Sep 17, 2013
    don't listen to haters

they are russian trolls or maybe even worse, they believe in what they say

they are delusional about their country's awful history, i would be ashamed also if i were russian, but this isn't a reason to writing untrue reviews

this game is very good and the history representation is very accurate
  55. Jul 25, 2013
    All the zero's the game received are probably from angry russians learning that stalin wasnt a good man. The game is very good and is getting patched for balance as coh1 was.
  56. Jul 27, 2013
    Another Great game from Relic! Just great multiplayer and co-op missions. Campaing story is not very good but gameplay is awesome! The only thing this game need is good PC because of pure optimisation
  57. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic took the best RTS ever made (COH) and improved it to make the new best RTS ever made.

The game mechanics are unparalleled squad control and AI, enemy AI, map and strategic point structure, weather effects, line of sight, cover, and balance, to name a few. The graphics are amazing as well, and much more polished and fluid over COH 1. Almost every negative review here is

The graphics are amazing as well, and much more polished and fluid over COH 1.

Almost every negative review here is written by some commie who is butt hurt about how the russian army is depicted in the campaign.

If you love fun and RTS games, you won't be disappointed!
  58. Jul 26, 2013
    Beutiful graphics, great engine, wonderful gameplay, and the most important- excellent plot. Fiction is fiction, but THQ really showed how CCCP really played their game, including some truth to their storyline. 10/10 Enjoyed the game, and so I'm hoping for THQ to keep up their level!
  59. Jul 26, 2013
    Excellent multiplayer game. Very long campaign and Theatre of war collection make the game valuable and worth the money. The weather and vision system are excellent additions to the game.
  60. Jan 9, 2014
    Great game. One of the few examples where developers were not afraid to show the truth. Keep it up! For those who say that the game is lying recommend to learn history. On the other hand, it is not surprising that many Russians considers it as lies. Unfortunately it is still normal to falsifying the history in Russia.
  61. Jul 26, 2013
    Five reasons to play Company of Heroes 2:

1. Two assymetrical sides of conflict Soviets with their great numbers and universality and Germans with advanced vehicles and skilled soldiers 2. Nice graphics and physics every object on the map is destructable, you can turn map into Moon's surface, snow covers houses and vehicle remains during blizzards 3. New winter warfare blizzards,
    Five reasons to play Company of Heroes 2:

3. New winter warfare blizzards, snow, ice looks beautiful and affects all your actions on the battlefield
    4. Awesome soundtrack and unit voiceovers "PPSh-41 for everyone!"
    5. Possibility to create your own army with customizer different unit specialisations, different commanders, different vehicles camos
  62. Jul 27, 2013
    A great game which surprised me positively. Only regrets that some people bothered the historical facts
  63. paw
    Jul 28, 2013
    The world is neither black nor white. Same goes for its history. I am extremely happy that relic was brave enough to create the storyline of the game in contrast to what many would expect a simple good vs. evil scheme. I completely cannot agree with those saying that the game is historically incorrect. It is meticulously accurate acknowledging the subtleties of the whole eastern front. ItThe world is neither black nor white. Same goes for its history. I am extremely happy that relic was brave enough to create the storyline of the game in contrast to what many would expect a simple good vs. evil scheme. I completely cannot agree with those saying that the game is historically incorrect. It is meticulously accurate acknowledging the subtleties of the whole eastern front. It does show courageous and brave Russian who died fighting the Nazi regime the worst of all if anybody needs a comparison. The game’s ending clearly shows that good and honest Russian war-hero-soldier-correspondent survives and is able to tell his story it happens in 1952 a year before Stalin’s death. It is the story of many brave people who died not only from the hands of the Nazi Wehrmaht and SS, but also often due to terrible terror sweeping through Stalin controlled Red Army. It does not mean that Russian war effort is underappreciated everybody knows that it was the Red Army who engaged and defeated the major part of Hitler’s army. It was possible because of their ingenuity and devotion to the cause all portrayed in the game. However, it would be an understatement to say that Stalin’s regime was a lot different to Hitler’s. Both regimes were inhumane in the way they treated human life. I especially appreciate the part with Polish Home Army and Ania the part of WW2 history which is rarely heard of. To conclude, I have to say THANK YOU RELIC (and SEGA) for producing COH2 and for the honest way of dealing with the difficult eastern front subject. I hope that such approach to history will be the only way of retelling it in games in the future. I must admit, though, that it would be nice to see some western front stories narrated in a similar way, as many of them are unpleasantly black and white. Expand
  64. Jul 30, 2013
    Well made game bringing back the "RNG"-mechanic into RTS games.
    Apart from the campaign, which upset many, but still hit me right in the guts (don't take everything so seriously guys), was great, although it did not invite the player to start going into multiplayer.
    Still a fun game with well made cutscenes and effects. Gameplay wise, pretty much like CoH 1, some balance issues, but
    Well made game bringing back the "RNG"-mechanic into RTS games.
    Still a fun game with well made cutscenes and effects.

Gameplay wise, pretty much like CoH 1, some balance issues, but still a fun game and there is no "übermensch"-strat that will win everything.
    Currently lacking maps, which will be added (patch coming any day now adding two more).
    UI is quite customizeable, SnowTech is a great mechanic which adds windows of oppurtunity when it comes to building defenses or launch a sneak attack.
  65. Jul 31, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is a great sequel with intense multiplayer gameplay that is varied, competitive, and engaging. I highly recommend this game to anyone with an interest in RTS.
  66. rMx
    Jul 31, 2013
    I don`t get it why everybody seems to hate CoH 2. All in all its a good rts and the issues, which are in the game get fixed with the new patches (e.g.: leader-boards, more maps).

Pros:
    + graphics you need a very good PC to run this on ultra)
    + sound
    + gameplay

Cons
    - currently only automatch available
    - not
  67. Aug 3, 2013
    Great game got at least a great sequel. High level of performance in the promptness with new ideas and concepts of classical RTS make this game a truly fascinating and interesting. The plot is excellent, reflecting the harsh realities of war, ruthless, I really liked. I note that I am Russian and live in Russia, many Russian this game very satisfied, please do not judge all by squeakyGreat game got at least a great sequel. High level of performance in the promptness with new ideas and concepts of classical RTS make this game a truly fascinating and interesting. The plot is excellent, reflecting the harsh realities of war, ruthless, I really liked. I note that I am Russian and live in Russia, many Russian this game very satisfied, please do not judge all by squeaky Russian upstarts who write bad reviews on this game, we're not all like that. Thank you so much developers! Expand
  68. Aug 5, 2013
    Good game and good story. Props to the makers who made a realistic story and good game play.
    I find this game much better than COH 1, i play that as-well, i am still waiting for the rest of the missions and for the pre purchase reward.
  69. Aug 6, 2013
    Very good game, intresting history with real view, nice strategy.I'm not a big fan of stragies but enjoyed playing for few hours. Graphic looks good, weather conditions are a big plus.
  70. Aug 6, 2013
    Excellent game overall. The campaign was fun and brutal with a more appealing story than COH1. Best part about the game so far is the Theater of War mode, which adds even more missions than the campaign with varied gameplay and challenge.
  71. Aug 8, 2013
    Great game.

Great game.

As a casual gamer, I put a lot of criticism on a game that is not able to engage me. Company of Heroes 2 does just that. The game brings a lot to the table, cover is usable by units and comes in unique ways such as sandbags, bunkers and even craters created by artillery over the course of the battle. Expansion plays an interesting role in the game because the territories captured by your troops need to be linked to your headquarters to obtain the resources generated by your capture points. This can become an annoyance to the player, or an ally to the opportunist.

If you look at a lot of the reviews, you're going to notice a lot of undue bias. As many of you know, Company of Heroes 2 gained a lot of attention in Russia. Do not mind them. I even read one review claiming mines and sandbags did not exist in the game, which I can tell you they in fact do. These are reviews generated by people who have most likely not even played the game.

The fact is the Soviets were no saints. Neither were the Germans. Both sides were full of normal people thrown into a brutal conflict not of their own doing, but the doing of their leaders. Remember that both countries invaded Poland in 1939 and while the Nazis killed many Jews in the Holocaust, many Ukrainians were killed by the Soviets in the Holodomor. The Eastern front in the European theater of World War 2 was simply a field of battle where two authoritarian regimes battled each other, and forces on both sides had to simply do what they were ordered and what it took to survive. A lot of these war crimes are shown in the game as witnessed by the player are things that did occur occasionally but compacted to fit a a campaign measured in hours. If they ever make a German campaign, I believe they would show the similar war crimes the Germans committed.

You'll also hear about a lot of crashes. I have experienced this, but on a 6 year old console never built for gaming. I'm no technical expert, but the reason crashes probably primarily occur are because the system could never have played the game anyways and was able to load the main menu and cut scenes (which it did for me) before crashing when the game started. Most likely problem is not inherent to the game, but the outdated systems people tried to play them on. Luckily, I got a new system later on that was able to play it, and while playing the game I have never heard any technical complaints from other people. The problem is most likely blown out to the extreme by the game's detractors.

Ultimately, my two largest problems with the game are the story and the small number of units. The small number of units in the game is exceptional however, as a all roles are covered, however it would be cool in future expansions to see more units, and possibly sub factions within the Germans and Soviets to breed more variety in gameplay. The plot itself is not very engaging to the main character, as the distance between the character and the player will be made obvious quickly, and some times the player may ask him or herself if is (s)he the main character or some unseen commander sending orders from the rear. However, it's a decent plot line that you must imagine would have been very hard to write and the gameplay more than makes up for it, as every mission is fun to play regardless of the backstory, which can be very interesting at times.

My final review rests at a 10. It may not be the perfect game a 10 demands but I place it as a step in the right direction for Relic, improvements to the story would be great in an expansion. And as far as World War 2 games go, which are few these days, this game is great and the current leader in World War 2 strategy games.
  72. Aug 9, 2013
    Very good game, well done guys) for their fellow citizens ask forgiveness for all that inappropriate behavior, false cries. We are always so in the CIS. Cry for freedom, while they themselves call for a ban on all, alcohol does terrible things.
  73. Aug 9, 2013
    This is the best RTS in last 5 years. Amazing graphics and sound effects. Great gameplay. Game also has very interesting singleplayer as well as online modes.
  74. Aug 9, 2013
    Wow. I need to admit that this is the best strategy game I played in my life. I like everything in this game. I find it very realistic and fun. Online matches are great.
  75. Aug 9, 2013
    Relic you did it again. Fantastic game with amazing sound effects.

Pros:
    - best graphics on max settings, smoke, fire effects look very cool
    - probably best sound of 2013
    -dozens of hours of great fun
    -best online game of 2013

Cons:
    -poor optimization
    -bugs

Overall best game of 2013
  76. Aug 9, 2013
    Brilliant game. Hiden gem with interesting gameplay which requires to think a lot and provides huge tactical freedom. Graphics on my average PC look just unreal!!!
  77. Aug 9, 2013
    Thank you RELIC for this fantastic game. I am a big fan of you guys from Homeworld times and this game proves one more time that you are very talented developers. Keep making great games!

p.s.: have 370 hours on steam already. Can't stop playing this amazing strategy!
  78. Aug 9, 2013
    The game is phenomenal in it's depth and realism of subject. It offers plenty of options for play(including some fun, though short coop campaign battles). In addition, it is one of the few RTS games I've ever had the experience of playing where tactics are more important than elite units or unit spamming. While you still need to work your way towards quality forces during pitched fights,The game is phenomenal in it's depth and realism of subject. It offers plenty of options for play(including some fun, though short coop campaign battles). In addition, it is one of the few RTS games I've ever had the experience of playing where tactics are more important than elite units or unit spamming. While you still need to work your way towards quality forces during pitched fights, often times the game can hinge on the success you have with your most basic units. Infantry on both sides can drastically change a fight with a smart grenade or molotov thrown. Anti tank weapons can devastate an enemy armored column, or just buy you enough time to redeploy your forces.

The destructible terrain and weather effects round off a pretty amazing RTS. Killer cold becomes a real challenge as the enemy and yourself begin to realize the advantage of blowing up shelter from them. And being able to crack the ice to put a tank under is one of the most satisfying moments Ive had in a long time.

Highly recommend this for any RTS fan who wants a bit more grit and tactics to their fights and a little less unit spamming and super units.
  79. Aug 9, 2013
    What more do you need to know, its Company of Heroes 2. Improvement have been made over Company of Heroes that make this game a pleasure to play. This is a must buy game in my opinion, especially if you played and enjoyed the first one. You can read the list of improvements made and the game features somewhere else. This is a review of how I feel about the game, I recommend it!! It's worth it!!
  80. Aug 9, 2013
    One of the greatest RTS of all time is back! And now better than ever with True Sight and Cold Tech. Now the player will feel the bitter cold of the Russian Front and play with care or a blizzard might take his army!

For the first time the player will be able to flank and ambush like never before with the true sight system. This system makes it so that the line of sight is limited by obstacles and opens new ways to play what already was a great game.

The new game mechanics like the ones above and the fact that noe tanks can be de-crewed and captured by infantry makes this game an extreme pleasure to play for the true strategist in each of us, no longer build tank and send in for the kill! It might come back to bite you!
  81. Aug 9, 2013
    This game has got to be game of the year. Honestly nearly everything about this game makes me want to squeal with delight. The graphics looks incredible especially on those snow maps, the gameplay is just as good as the original with intense battles, mircoing and management. The sound and the atmosphere make you feel like you are there, seriously it is that incredible. There are a ton ofThis game has got to be game of the year. Honestly nearly everything about this game makes me want to squeal with delight. The graphics looks incredible especially on those snow maps, the gameplay is just as good as the original with intense battles, mircoing and management. The sound and the atmosphere make you feel like you are there, seriously it is that incredible. There are a ton of new features like cold tech and true sight which add so much more depth and strategy to the game.

Take for instance true sight where units vision radius is now blocked by objects such as tall wall as and hedges. This now enables players to set up sick ambushes which can decide the fate of the game,

This game does have a few problems with crashing searching for a game and a few balance issues. Furthermore there are some features that are not currently implemented. However all these issues will be resolved with time as with every game on start up has it's issues. You have got to remember that coh2 has had a crazy development cycle having to deal with the demise of THQ and with the limited resources they had. It's unbelievable with what the team at Relic have achieved.

On another note Relic knows how to listen to it's community and treat them well. Many of the new features and balance changes have been the result of Relic discussing with the community. I have had the pleasure of touring the relic studios this past weekend and let me tell you when they say they have "stuff in the pipe line after launch" let me tell you they HAVE FRICKEN AMAZING STUFF. This game has got the potential to rival SC2 if it is given the break that it desperately needs.

Finally I would just like to say that the community behind this game is like no other. Everyone is there for each other (apart from a few trolls) and willing to help you out if your having trouble or if you would like to engage in some serious strategy
  82. Aug 9, 2013
    The gameplay in COH2 was substantially similar to its predecessor, with a strong emphasis on the micromanagement of individual units: a large army with troops little different or poorly organized will nearly always lead to defeat, forcing the player to properly evaluate which deploy troops on the battlefield At first missions of the campaign, more linear and simple to manage, follow itThe gameplay in COH2 was substantially similar to its predecessor, with a strong emphasis on the micromanagement of individual units: a large army with troops little different or poorly organized will nearly always lead to defeat, forcing the player to properly evaluate which deploy troops on the battlefield At first missions of the campaign, more linear and simple to manage, follow it where other maps broader compel you to calculate and offensive and defensive strategies effectively position their soldiers. The game environment is in fact extremely vivid and lifelike: houses, ruins, vehicles and shelters of all kinds will be used (or destroyed) by our armed forces, and the examination of the play (for example, through the use of snipers) will be a fundamental practice. In particular, the glacial environment of Russia opens the way to new strategies and difficulties to be faced: the snow will slow down the soldiers, the storms will kill them for hypothermia while the ice will be destroyed by drowning in the icy waters those who pass through it. Overall I can assure you that the attention that will be given to the battlefield will always be high. Expand
  83. Aug 9, 2013
    Personally I like this game. Find so many good things in it. Graphics look stunning. Campaign is very realistic. Online matches are very fun. Best game of 2013.
  84. Aug 9, 2013
    If i'm honest i'm one of the few people who didn't really enjoy the first company of heroes. However COH 2 is the best WWII strategy games I have played. The campaign is very well done, with an interesting and fun story line, while the multiplayer is amazing RTS gameplay. On top of this are the really well done graphics and mechanics such as weather effects that cause your troops to freezeIf i'm honest i'm one of the few people who didn't really enjoy the first company of heroes. However COH 2 is the best WWII strategy games I have played. The campaign is very well done, with an interesting and fun story line, while the multiplayer is amazing RTS gameplay. On top of this are the really well done graphics and mechanics such as weather effects that cause your troops to freeze if they are left in the cold for too long. Overall simply brilliant. Expand
  85. Aug 9, 2013
    Privet/Hello

I am from Russian and here we play Company of Heroes 2 a lot. This game simply great. The best thing in this game is feel of battles. Battles look great and very dynamic.

Thanks
  86. Aug 9, 2013
    if you enjoyed games like warhammer and the fighting in total war game then this is game for you the story and voice acting and things might not be the best but gameplay brings this game right up to the top.
  87. Aug 9, 2013
    Aufgrund der Rezessionen war ich anfangs etwas skeptisch, ob es sich lohnt das Spiel zu kaufen und in der ersten Minuten beim Spielen wusste ich nicht ob es mir besser oder schlechter gefällt als Coh 1...Doch letztendlich muss ich sagen, dass das Spiel absolut Spaß macht und das einige Punkte der Kritik nicht zu treffen. Beispielsweise stimmt es nicht, dass das Spiel nicht ausgeglichenAufgrund der Rezessionen war ich anfangs etwas skeptisch, ob es sich lohnt das Spiel zu kaufen und in der ersten Minuten beim Spielen wusste ich nicht ob es mir besser oder schlechter gefällt als Coh 1...Doch letztendlich muss ich sagen, dass das Spiel absolut Spaß macht und das einige Punkte der Kritik nicht zu treffen. Beispielsweise stimmt es nicht, dass das Spiel nicht ausgeglichen wäre...man muss sich halt zunächst einmal zurecht finden und dann weiß man auch mit welchen Einheiten man kontern kann etc. Genauso hat das Spiel einige Punkte, die man als Verbesserungen ansehen kann. Z.B. muss man nicht mehr so ewig warten bis man ein Multiplayer Spiel anfangen kann, da man automatisch Gegnern zugewiesen wird. Das erspart einem das elende hin und her aus dem 1.Teil in dem es selten zu ausgeglichenen Teams kam. Also Leute... kauft das Spiel! Es lohnt sich! Expand
  88. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, try to invent on his true history, all over Europe only you still to believe it,
    we all know what that Krasnaja Armia, she ate soap, stealing clocks and did not know what this bike.
    by the way

you know who invented the bicycle?
    Russian

... in the attic of a German
  89. Aug 9, 2013
    I've been so hyped for CoH2. After playing the open beta, I am convinced this is one of the best strategy experiences you can get on the PC. The graphics are amazing, the controls are sleek, there is just so much depth in everything and it feels good in every way. The pricepoint should not put you away from this masterpiece.
  90. Aug 9, 2013
    An amazing RTS that manages to preserve the elements that made CoH 1 great, while also bringing entirely new gameplay elements and a refreshing new setting to the table. In addition, it has done a wonderful job of offending a group of disgusting little creatures that attack in swarms with defective mental facilities that are colloquially referred to as "Russians".
  91. Jun 25, 2014
    Ok first I'll start by saying this game had a rough start, but just in the last 3-4 months is has become a lot better, they have actual servers for the automatch so no longer do you need to worry about lag, even the optimization is better now when I first played this game i was getting a lot of stutters and input lag in multiplayer but no longer its all fixed now.

now just recently they

now just recently they have released the western front armies which i believe has brought this game back to life, it comes with two new armies the Oberkommando and usa which is only $20 and well worth it also on top of that it also gives custom game lobbies which is something people have been asking for since the game first got released and now they also have a thing called war spoils which when you finish a match there is a chance that you will get an item such as a commander or skin even faceplate oh and victory strikes.

Now for veteran players they have added three prestige levels so pretty much i believe this game now deserves a 10/10
  92. Aug 11, 2013
    Dear developers!

Just cut campaign from game. WW2 is really complex and difficult understand. Make good strategy without any trying to make historical game. There is a lot lie from West about USSR, so, you'll spend rather more time to make a historical plot. Just make multi-player. Nothing else. Add more commanders, more mods. Even add more factions. This will be great. But don't make
    Dear developers!

Just cut campaign from game.
    Just make multi-player. Nothing else. Add more commanders, more mods. Even add more factions. This will be great. But don't make campaign.

I played in beta and I'm very glad by atmosphere (special thanks for "Za Rodinu! Za Stalina!" shout) and by gameplay. I known that campaign will be so I waited only multiplayer. And now there is chance that I wont play to CoH2, because of bunch of idiots in RF. You did great work, but campaign was great mistake. I'll say again: just cut off campaign from game and everything will be OK.
  93. Aug 16, 2013
    After the beta I was really confused, the GUI was strange to say at least, units, effects and overall look was quite bad. BUT after that the game was released and I have witnessed great changes that relic did and most importantly because of players feedback.

The game itself it interesting, units are well balanced, engine looks great (but i think that CoH 1 still looks better in that time), battles are paced and clear. The story has right emotional impact and is really well-narrated and don't mention the end which itself is really good. The "Theater of War" can be challenging, but that's what it is for. In the end the overall atmosphere is really emotive and incredible.
    The multiplayer is awesome, it's even better that in the first CoH, mostly because of balanced units (oh and inability to blob rangers or so). I didn't mention True Sight, because in the campaign it hasn't so much importance like in the multiplayer. True Sight is great and innovative (one of the greatest innovations for the last years I would say), furthermore it help to make some tactics useful and functional.

Let me tell you something about that negative reviews of players.
    Yes, the game isn't optimized as good as it could be and contains some bugs.
    BUT that are minor problems, the bigger problem (in my opinion), is the all "anti-russian propaganda". Now, this may piss off some people. Although sometime it's brought to extreme the point is right, soviet union has great (and I mean really great) losses, they jailed good generals and tacticians and then sent them die in front line, that's just facts (I know that, Russian come to "free" my country again long after war). Problem is that this is topic that's barely pictured. Yes you can love your mother Russia, but don't be blind to what Stalin did. This is controversial topic, but Relic did a great job in telling a believable story, that it's almost unbelievable what they achieved.
    So please, they did a great game (probably the best this year) from an Easter front and they did it the right way, do not blind yourselves wit ANY propaganda.
  94. Aug 20, 2013
    Best game this year so far hands down. It is a very polished product taking into consideration the problems the team had to cope with during the development process. I was afraid that CoH2 couldn't step out of the shadow of its predecessor, but truth is that it is a worthy successor to the best RTS of all time.
  95. Aug 20, 2013
    The game is good and I do not understand why that was found in this story, some people, even though I myself Russian. Those who put the game a bad score would remember modern warfare when it was rastrelivat Russian!
  96. Aug 28, 2013
    Great Game just dont take those crying Russians serious all of them need some more history lessons.
    But not in Russia. :D
    Its just a game and still has more to do with history then history lessons with the putin regime.
  97. Aug 29, 2013
    Great game. And finally game with REAL HISTORY. Amazing climate, great music and good graphics. And stop whining russians. You were monsters like nazis. Get over it.
  98. Aug 31, 2013
    Greatest game ever! This game shows all of us that Red Army was an army of stupid rats with cruel generals and just bastards. Our character is an a good guy tho (I won't do spoilers).

___________________ I don't think that veterans of CoH 1 will love it, but i'm sure that any any guy who like this genre at all will fall in love. This game is the best RTS of the year! Recomended

___________________

Anyway, 10/10.
  99. Nov 13, 2013
    Finally game with REAL history! Thanks for make this game, and don't care about stiupid russian girls.. they don't event know own history (russian propaganda..)
  100. Sep 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good game, with stunning graphics! Harsh company, but I do not find in it that what could not be, I know the history, and I know that all of the events in the game really could have a place to be in real life! But despite the company I was more attracted to the game theater of war, for the sake of it and I bought the game, and very happy with it! Theater of war 10/10! Best-of-a-kind game!
    Director pats you on the head? No! It's always been! And it always will be!
    Sorry my bad speak english.

1. Oct 7, 2013