Company of Heroes 2 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 25, 2013
2.1

1. Jul 24, 2013
    Excellent multi-player game. Very long campaign and Theatre of war collection make the game valuable and worth the money. The weather and vision system are excellent additions to the game.
  2. Aug 28, 2015
    You know what? I take back everything I said about this game here. Better late than never. After looking at other user reviews bashing CoH2 on account of it allegedly being 'Russophobic', recoiling in disgust and looking into WWII history a little further, I'd like to point out the following. Again, I'm only talking about the single-player mode as I don't care for the multiplayer in mostYou know what? I take back everything I said about this game here. Better late than never. After looking at other user reviews bashing CoH2 on account of it allegedly being 'Russophobic', recoiling in disgust and looking into WWII history a little further, I'd like to point out the following. Again, I'm only talking about the single-player mode as I don't care for the multiplayer in most games.
    - The campaign does not insult the millions of Soviet soldiers who heroically fought in WWII and does not portray them as cowards. In fact, it does quite the opposite, which you would find out if you actually play it or at least watch a decent playthrough.
    - The way the NKVD is portrayed is well-deserved.
    - Yes, soldiers have to retreat sometimes, and no, they usually don't look forward to dying, especially if their deaths would be meaningless. Shocking, I know. Whether Order 227 was "harsh but necessary" or not is... debatable, to say the least.
    - In the mission 'Scorched Earth', setting your own people on fire is most likely a result of the player's actions, a glitch or just a freak accident. Civilians are told to evacuate in a cutscene, and nothing suggests that you should burn the buildings when the people are still inside.
    - The murder of Polish resistance fighters at the end of 'Behind Enemy Lines' is based on what actually happened to many of them in real life, if they weren't pro-Soviet.
    - 'General Winter' was one of the factors in the Soviet victory. Compared to the Soviets, the Nazis were ill-prepared for the harsh weather. Anyway, the game never said it was the only or the most important factor in the war.
    - Shortages of weapons were not unheard of.
    - By the time of its capture, the Reichstag had not been used for 12 years. Arguably not the best place for a photo op.
    I could go on, but spelling these things out feels increasingly silly.
    Obviously I can't speak on behalf of every Russian who played CoH2, but for what it's worth, I'd like to apologize to Relic (and anyone who read my original 'review') for my initial reaction and thank them for focusing this major installment of the franchise on the Eastern Front. Hopefully this won't be their last game about it, although after all the insults and threats they received I can't really blame them if they or any other developer choose to ignore the topic altogether.
    As for the score, I'm not saying the story is perfect, there has been valid criticism of it, but still, I'd like to do my part in balancing out the appalling number of unfair 0s.
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    One of the best RTS in the last few years. Good campaign, enjoyable gameplay and solid story, Relic did a great job. I didn't encounter any bugs so far.
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    Not a whole amount of substance added compared to CoH ToV. The sound is the best feature and includes a well done soundtrack and good voice acting for the units

+15mission campaign that plays like Enemy at the Gates movie meets Red Orchestra +Stellar soundtrack and voice acting +good maps design and water effects the bad -not a whole graphical/ unit improvement -balance a little

+Stellar soundtrack and voice acting
    +good maps design and water effects
    the bad
    -not a whole graphical/ unit improvement
    -balance a little out of whack
    -some people didnt like the anti USSR sentiment in the campaign
    All in all, good game, but maybe not worth $60
  5. Aug 1, 2013
    Personally, a multitude of player reviews are extremely biased towards the historical and "realistic" portrayal of the game. While I only half agree with them, it by no means mitigates the fun I've had playing this game.

While realism isn't the heaviest factor in CoH2, fun is. They've done a great deal to balance the game and add unique styles of play to the game. The environment finally working into battles is a great feature, albeit somewhat rushed in my opinion.

I'm a huge history fan, however I'm NOT the biggest fan of relic attempting to tell a story I'd rather if they just stuck to the facts.

The only thing that'd complete the game fully in my opinion is more free commanders and the ability to make your own commander/doctrine. With the ability to make your own commander/doctrine hopefully being released in a patch or future DLC.

My only solid complaints are the poor optimization, and the historical bias portrayed in the game.

It's a great game, and it's great fun if you're in to the RTS genre.
    I still do believe the first was better, however it's once more as I've stated a great game.
  6. Jul 24, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoy this game online. There may be a few balance issues... well rather some units being so good that other units become less relevant which causes some units to be overused by both factions while other units are neglected. But all in all the game is heading in a good direction since Relic said they'll take care of Strafe and OpelBlitz. Can't wait
  7. Jul 26, 2013
    Relic took the best RTS ever made (COH) and improved it to make the new best RTS ever made.

The game mechanics are unparalleled squad control and AI, enemy AI, map and strategic point structure, weather effects, line of sight, cover, and balance, to name a few. The graphics are amazing as well, and much more polished and fluid over COH 1. Almost every negative review here is

The graphics are amazing as well, and much more polished and fluid over COH 1.

Almost every negative review here is written by some commie who is butt hurt about how the russian army is depicted in the campaign.

If you love fun and RTS games, you won't be disappointed!
  8. Aug 9, 2013
    Aufgrund der Rezessionen war ich anfangs etwas skeptisch, ob es sich lohnt das Spiel zu kaufen und in der ersten Minuten beim Spielen wusste ich nicht ob es mir besser oder schlechter gefällt als Coh 1...Doch letztendlich muss ich sagen, dass das Spiel absolut Spaß macht und das einige Punkte der Kritik nicht zu treffen. Beispielsweise stimmt es nicht, dass das Spiel nicht ausgeglichenAufgrund der Rezessionen war ich anfangs etwas skeptisch, ob es sich lohnt das Spiel zu kaufen und in der ersten Minuten beim Spielen wusste ich nicht ob es mir besser oder schlechter gefällt als Coh 1...Doch letztendlich muss ich sagen, dass das Spiel absolut Spaß macht und das einige Punkte der Kritik nicht zu treffen. Beispielsweise stimmt es nicht, dass das Spiel nicht ausgeglichen wäre...man muss sich halt zunächst einmal zurecht finden und dann weiß man auch mit welchen Einheiten man kontern kann etc. Genauso hat das Spiel einige Punkte, die man als Verbesserungen ansehen kann. Z.B. muss man nicht mehr so ewig warten bis man ein Multiplayer Spiel anfangen kann, da man automatisch Gegnern zugewiesen wird. Das erspart einem das elende hin und her aus dem 1.Teil in dem es selten zu ausgeglichenen Teams kam. Also Leute... kauft das Spiel! Es lohnt sich! Expand
  9. Jul 3, 2013
    Company of Heroes2 is a worthy successor to the first game.

don't be foolled by the negative reviews (0/10) because "the Russians are evil" they are just not objective. if you are looking for intense multiplayer matches with destructible terrain, coversystem, flanking, true sight system, commander abilities and ways to customize your play style THIS is where its at. if you prefer to
    Company of Heroes2 is a worthy successor to the first game.

if you are looking for intense multiplayer matches with destructible terrain, coversystem, flanking, true sight system, commander abilities and ways to customize your play style THIS is where its at. if you prefer to decide the battles with few but good orders instead of "out-clicking" your opponent play company of heroes 2.

the only thing this game needs to get the (10/10) is a better singleplayer campaign, but since the "theater of war" mode is filling this gap over the next years, providing challenges and missions from german side this might very well happen over time.

coop missions and challenges exist, but only a few so far. (at release)

at the very least the singleplayer teaches you what you need to know to join the multiplayer fun.
    if you dont invest a little time to learn the basics about the countersystem prepare to lose a lot.
  10. Jun 25, 2013
    Company of heroes 2 has taken all of the good things that made CoH 1, refined them, and then added yet even more.

Whilst the campaign came across as a repetitive and numbing, this game truly shines in its "Theater of War" and Online skirmish modes. Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles

Battling it out with your friends in Online Skirmish has never felt more visceral and intense. Explosions shred the ground, as vehicles collide with battlefield obstacles, sending broken props flying in all directions, whilst gunfire and mortar fire ring out from every direction. Overall, visuals and battlefield sound fidelity are superb, serving to draw you into the tense, ceaseless atmosphere throughout the course of the battle.

The theme of asymmetrical warfare that was evident in CoH 1 has made a triumphant return, allowing a whole host of fun abilities, commanders, and units to play around with in battles.

AI pathing and vehicle controls have been significantly refined since CoH 1, allowing faster response times and greater freedom of movement throughout the map. However there are still a few issues when controlling large groups of forces, as often times these blobs can bottleneck, causing a degree of frustration.

Theater of War allows the player to play solo, or cooperatively, along the course of World War 2 on the Eastern front, spanning from the initial invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, to the fall of Berlin in 1945. This mode allows for an interesting historical look at the game, whilst meeting your demands for action, chaos and challenge!

Whilst there is a slightly steep learning curve for those new to RTS, and in particular CoH, I can guarantee that if you stick with it, you'll not only be able to stand a chance against some of the better players, but you'll also have hours upon hours of high destruction fun.

What more can you ask for?

11. Jul 26, 2013
    Beutiful graphics, great engine, wonderful gameplay, and the most important- excellent plot. Fiction is fiction, but THQ really showed how CCCP really played their game, including some truth to their storyline. 10/10 Enjoyed the game, and so I'm hoping for THQ to keep up their level!
  12. Aug 6, 2013
    So first I want to make this point about 3000 scores of this game are total The history is what it is there are no lies as far as I played. The game should be rated on how good it is. Not on graphics. Graphics don't make a game. Just because the game gets release day dlc doesn't make the game worse. Dlc is optional it should not in any way affect the score of the game. So the gameplay isSo first I want to make this point about 3000 scores of this game are total The history is what it is there are no lies as far as I played. The game should be rated on how good it is. Not on graphics. Graphics don't make a game. Just because the game gets release day dlc doesn't make the game worse. Dlc is optional it should not in any way affect the score of the game. So the gameplay is good it is not bad in any way. The story isn't the best but it is not super bad either. I don't see how you can rate a game like this 0. This game has a user score of 1.5 wtf is wrong with you people. Tell me how can this game be worse than big rigs over the road racing that game was literally unplayable. Expand
  13. Aug 9, 2013
    First and foremost, i don't agree with the current started by the russian community, that is completly lacking any constructive criticism about the game itself, only moaning about a storyline in the singleplayer part that is showing the american perspective of the russian war crimes.

While not all what is shown is a true fact, things like soldiers getting shot when they wanted to retreat, war crimes like the massacre at Katyn (google for it fellow russians) and Gulags are a historical fact that can't be denied!

The game itself rates as a solid 8 for me, the gameplay is almost the same as the previous installment, but lacking the content since it had no addons so far. The dynamic weather changes on snow maps add a lot of immersion to the gameplay since you need to constantly micromanage your troops or they will die in the harsh conditions of winter.

If you want a fresh CoH experience and you liked the previous games, this will be a game for you too then.
  14. Jul 25, 2013
    Fantastic competitive multiplayer. Single player storyline might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this should in no way be detrimental to the multiplayer. Competitive multiplayer is in my opinion the pinnacle of what makes the game so much fun and the focus point of the game. Relic are also doing a good job finding the perfect balance step by step.
  15. Aug 1, 2013
    If you read only one thing in this review, read this: The reviews on this page got bombed by eastern europeans that were upset at how the game portrayed characters on the soviet side.

That being said, the game is amazing. If you're a fan of COH1, you'll love COH2. Everything across the board has saw an improvement, and the balance is really the only thing patches are touching on now. As with any RTS, expect the balance changes to continue until COH3 comes out, but as it stands the current balance is incredibly well set up.
  16. Jul 25, 2013
    All the zero's the game received are probably from angry russians learning that stalin wasnt a good man. The game is very good and is getting patched for balance as coh1 was.
  17. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, try to invent on his true history, all over Europe only you still to believe it,
    we all know what that Krasnaja Armia, she ate soap, stealing clocks and did not know what this bike.
    by the way

you know who invented the bicycle?
    Russian

... in the attic of a German
  18. Aug 9, 2013
    An amazing RTS that manages to preserve the elements that made CoH 1 great, while also bringing entirely new gameplay elements and a refreshing new setting to the table. In addition, it has done a wonderful job of offending a group of disgusting little creatures that attack in swarms with defective mental facilities that are colloquially referred to as "Russians".
  19. Aug 3, 2013
    Great game got at least a great sequel. High level of performance in the promptness with new ideas and concepts of classical RTS make this game a truly fascinating and interesting. The plot is excellent, reflecting the harsh realities of war, ruthless, I really liked. I note that I am Russian and live in Russia, many Russian this game very satisfied, please do not judge all by squeakyGreat game got at least a great sequel. High level of performance in the promptness with new ideas and concepts of classical RTS make this game a truly fascinating and interesting. The plot is excellent, reflecting the harsh realities of war, ruthless, I really liked. I note that I am Russian and live in Russia, many Russian this game very satisfied, please do not judge all by squeaky Russian upstarts who write bad reviews on this game, we're not all like that. Thank you so much developers! Expand
  20. Aug 6, 2013
    Very good game, intresting history with real view, nice strategy.I'm not a big fan of stragies but enjoyed playing for few hours. Graphic looks good, weather conditions are a big plus.
  21. Aug 8, 2013
    Everything that doesn’t show Russians as ultimate heroes is offensive to them. No wonder anyway years of post-war communist propaganda twisted so many facts that even now we can’t know the whole spectrum of cruelty and atrocities done by the Red Army.

The reason for the overwhelmingly negative users score: A bunch of closeted Stalinists have rated the game poorly. Stalin was a monster. Apologists for his regime are betrayers to their countrymen and humanity.

This is not to say the game is without it's faults. Other users have pointed these out, extensively. But, seriously: 1.4? (The current average user score on metacritic.) No way. 8.0 (or higher, if the game is patched more)? Definitely.
  22. Aug 7, 2013
    If it wasn't for the shoddy campaign, I'd give this a 10. It's cliche, and rather corny with horribly led voiceovers. Other than that, this game is great. People like to say that this game is unbalanced, and that the German Reich just sits around and toys with the Russian defenders until they receive tanks, then it's game over. Let's think about this. The Germans WERE vastly superior inIf it wasn't for the shoddy campaign, I'd give this a 10. It's cliche, and rather corny with horribly led voiceovers. Other than that, this game is great. People like to say that this game is unbalanced, and that the German Reich just sits around and toys with the Russian defenders until they receive tanks, then it's game over. Let's think about this. The Germans WERE vastly superior in terms of firearms, artillery, and tank warfare. For the love of God, the Russians were still using a Maxim machine gun, just a variant of the Vickers (British) which was from WORLD WAR ONE. Not only was it heavier, slower, and less reliable, it needed water cooling and required more men to belt feed it. The MG42 was a vastly superior gun, and deserves it's place as "OP" as some people like to call it (Those people being on the wrong end of the barrel.) This game takes place in 1941. The Germans were swooping through Russia, miles a day because of how superior they were. The Russians just couldn't match to that. Everyone likes to complain about the issue of balance, and it's just not balanced like Starcraft II or other RTS games. There isn't a cookie cutter counter to every single unit out there. There's not always a solid answer. If you kids can't realize that, then don't play the game, it's clearly too difficult for you and you just can't handle it. Hell, I've seen a pair of T70's tackle a Panther, the most daunting task I've ever seen, and they succeeded simply because they kept trying. Just because you lose a group of units or you lose a tank doesn't mean you have the right to call this game unbalanced or horrible. I've been on the brink of losing and a rail cannon shot saved my butt, then I marched a line of slaughter straight to their base and won last second. Now let's move to the game compatability issues. I have two computers, an Alienware rig I custom built, and a crappy Dell Vostro. It runs on both, perfectly. I bought the game for $30 (roughly 22 Euros) on Ebay. Just search for a better price, it's bound to be out there. You don't HAVE to pay the full price. Just because it's not free or 5 bucks doesn't give you the right to call it expensive or overpriced. Let's move on to the Soviet commanders. They're not all beasts. They showed how many Lieutenants, and the one in the campaign storyline? So, you're saying those 3-4 men represent the largest country in Europe, and that they're all savage animals who shoot their on men? No. There's corruption in every land. It's not anti-soviet, it's not racist. YOU'RE just not thinking before you point your finger. Order 227 was a REAL order, and you didn't have a choice with conscription. You fought, or you died. That much is true. Just because you can't cope with the extreme culture of another country (that isn't even the USSR anymore and hasn't been for going on 15 years), doesn't mean you can say Relic is racist. The Russian winter is cold. It's REALLY cold. It can kill you. If you can get stuck out there, you're an idiot and you'll freeze to death. Ask Napoleon, he can vouch for it. Just because your men die in the cold, doesn't give you the right to call the weather "broken". Learn to play the game like I have, and you can see how great this game truly is. You kids give up so easily these days, and blame the system rather than realize you have problems yourself that you can't overcome. I'm done. -JP44 Expand
  23. Jul 24, 2013
    Orctownorc said it perfectly. And I qoute "To have half the army doctrines also removed as mini-DLCs is an example of the publisher engaging in the worst kind of nickel-and diming, as though this was a free-to play title."
    Sega bought this title when THQ went under and took all the doctrines out and made them DLC to squeeze every last penny out of this game. I paid FULL PRICE for this game and I don't expect to have to PAY TO BE COMPETITIVE in multiplayer with DLC. Sega, you are cheap-ass money-grubbing whores and don't deserve to continue being in business.
  24. Jul 23, 2013
    Writer of Relic, sama real Nazi. The plot of the game a complete lie, nonsense, prana. The story not really a lie. It is better to do these on your Warhammer.
  25. Jul 24, 2013
    The story is not true and is a complete falsification of the history of Russia and its methods of warfare. The Soviet soldiers did not burn the civilian population of the Russia. Detachments did not shoot the retreating soldiers, and were engaged in catching deserters. Russia won the war and not the detachments of the NKVD, and solidarity and heroism of the population.The people who wroteThe story is not true and is a complete falsification of the history of Russia and its methods of warfare. The Soviet soldiers did not burn the civilian population of the Russia. Detachments did not shoot the retreating soldiers, and were engaged in catching deserters. Russia won the war and not the detachments of the NKVD, and solidarity and heroism of the population.The people who wrote the story, totally unaware of the history of the country, about which they were writing this story. Expand
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    "Campaign scenario is written by Joseph Goebbels fans." absolutly!
    "Russians eating russians, great story, no history at all. Hello, we were people, not orcs! Bugs, frezes, too overpriced. This should be presented, but I have no idea to who."
  27. Jul 24, 2013
    It's shame. Cold War is over there is no reason to picture USSR as Mordor.
    But why to bother and read real history books? Let's just make another game about this terrible unhuman russians.
  28. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic you are a company of nazi. But for the next game i have some ideas for you:
    1) Show how Stalin eats german children.
    2) Hitler with gebbels free a prisoners of Dahau from Soviet Union killers.
    3) Mission with Soviet Soldiers rape german woman.
    4) Soviet soldiers immune to cold wheather
    5) Killing own soldiers gives +100 to damage for nearby units.
    6) Where is Vodka and russian bears?
  29. Jul 25, 2013
    The most bad game of the year! !Russians eating russians you crazy, it's awesome!!!!!
    For people don't buy this save money!!!!!!!!
    Who read really history and books?????
  30. Jul 25, 2013
    I'm sure, Joseph Goebbels would approve this game. Single campaign is impudent and unashamed lie, which give out for the truth.
    I do not understand why you did it, Relic? The Cold War is long over. You had to reflect the real crimes during World War II, not invented.
  31. Jul 25, 2013
    Game with such bad story is politically motivated, so there is nothing to be surprised when people express their discontent.

It's sad when the "west" is trying to justify Nazism. This game the justification of Nazism. Collapse!!1
  32. Jul 25, 2013
    This is what should be the moral monsters that would write such a script? Complete rudeness and ignorance of the history of the great derzhave.Prosto spit in the soul!
    After this game personally for what and when did not buy from you and your Board of the game.
  33. Jul 25, 2013
    Developers have very strange view on WW2 history. Looks like some of the last escaped Nazis are working for Relic now. I am not sure if authors really think that it's historical or they just have troubles with hallucinogens.
  34. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is junk. I feel swindled by Relic and I will be returning this trash the first chance I get. I'll file a chargeback on my credit card if they give me that 'no returns on open box' crap.

The campaign is an insult to anyone with even an elementary knowledge of history. I, myself, am a victim of US public school and even I feel like someone's trying to shove revisionist crap down my throat. What were they thinking!?

Game play is incredibly tedious. AI is terrible, mechanics are ridiculous, and the whole thing just drags on and on. Graphics are very poor and I feel like they were made for someone with a wooden computer.

Waited 7 years to get this garbage. Sigh.
  35. Jul 26, 2013
    About game: it is almost perfect, but it needs two additional missions: raping German women and sending babies to Stalin for lunch.
    P.S. I'm sorry for this score, but KGB will kill my family otherwise. They are already in Gulag, so I don't have other option.
  36. Jul 26, 2013
    for mazeh russia let zeh scenarists hav kancer

russophobia and a set of myths about the heroism of the Soviet people. Developers like the Nazis rather than a Russian who saved their asses. Storyline like the idiots who do not have representation of the heroism of the Soviet people, and read the "historical", "facts" from the books of the traitor and a liar Solzhenitsyn. Russians
    for mazeh russia let zeh scenarists hav kancer

37. Jul 27, 2013
    Shame on you Relic. I have spent money to see how the history of my country is doused with mud. There are thousands veterans still living all around exUSSR so please talk to them next time you wanna make game about Eastern Front.
  38. Aug 4, 2013
    COH2 is a solid RTS with terrifying and gritty battlefield ambiance. In the explosions and gunfire, you can feel the thrill and panic of positions being overrun, of the enemy turning your flank, of ordering your squads into defensive positions to stem the enemy's advance.

A lot of the negative reviews I see have to do with the main campaign and its outcome. Possibly the campaign says things people don't like or agree with, hence a negative review. I personally haven't played much of the campaign, but I've played a lot of the multiplayer, and I can vouch that the multiplayer aspect is fun and well developed.

It's an excellent RTS, though perhaps the price could be a bit lower for what you receive...
  39. Jul 25, 2013
    Well, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and notWell, it seems that guys Relic think that showing Soviet soldiers reluctant to fight the enemy unless threatened by execution is "showing their courage" and somehow American and German troops in first CoH managed to go to fight without firing squads behind them. The storyline in this game is abysmal and highly offensive to all Russian people who knows real story of their country and not some western Goebbels-style propaganda. Expand
  40. Jul 25, 2013
    Again bad russians.If not, we would not have been liberal in Europe and America.You would all be under the totalitarian rule of Fascists and the Nazis

Also advise you to see this video

41. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is made by nazis no doubt.Russian soldiers burning down russian houses with people in it?Are u kidding me?Suck a bag of d...s,Relic.This game is just a nazi propaganda.Gebbels would have been pleased to play this piece of nazi crap.
  42. Jul 26, 2013
    Company of Heroes 2 is not a game. This is not a strategy. This is an insult to the memory and heroism of the Soviet people. This Nazi propaganda.
    Nobody is forgotten, nothing is forgotten. Greetings from the Сity-hero of Kiev!
  43. Jul 27, 2013
    Is eat children's for breakfast in Canada? May be every man has nail in his head in Canada? Or is evil Russians make from Toronto ruins? What is the heads Canadians? Only pepsi?
  44. Jul 28, 2013
    Theatre of the Absurd.
    Mad russkies.
    Bears with accordions.
    Nazis occultists.
    Vodka-matrioshka-balalayka.
    VASYA STRELYAI.
    Game-misunderstand in best traditions of Cold War.
  45. Jul 23, 2013
    Soviet soldiers to feed the children, old men and women in the defeated Germany could not think that after 70 years raped their feat.Great-grandchildren of the people of the liberator of Europe lay a wreath on the grave of the game developer. RIP Relic
  46. Jul 23, 2013
    The game is bad for one major reason the single-player scenario choke-full of anti-Russian cliches picked from all the pseudo-historical books and movies, such as Enemy at the Gates. The rest is just icing on the cake made out of mistakes: unbalanced multiplayer and poor overall representation of Eastern front.
  47. Jul 23, 2013
    Scenario writers of the game don't know history and was so lazy to find historical documents, and they made stupid and illogical story, and changes the facts. Shame on them!
  48. Jul 24, 2013
    This is a script of Joseph Goebbels indeed.I accuse you of slander memory heroism of the Soviet soldiers, the memory of the fallen soldiers of the Fatherland, I call for a response from the developers and writers, revoke the game and made ​​a public apology to the people that you are so unceremoniously trampled on in your game.
  49. Jul 24, 2013
    Seriously, did you hope that the game with one publisher which is former nazi ally would release a trustworthy game about its opponent by whom this publisher's nation was defeated?! It is a pure lie about great nation which united as one brought defeat to a brown plague It is big, filthy lie about great act of bravery which our nation had done for a World. It is not a company of heroes, itSeriously, did you hope that the game with one publisher which is former nazi ally would release a trustworthy game about its opponent by whom this publisher's nation was defeated?! It is a pure lie about great nation which united as one brought defeat to a brown plague It is big, filthy lie about great act of bravery which our nation had done for a World. It is not a company of heroes, it is pure "NaziCraft". Expand
  50. Jul 24, 2013
    Anti humanity scenario writed from the memories of an average Nazi general. Nothing similar with the real history. Dont buy this game! Hitler must be pleased with this
  51. Jul 24, 2013
    You misrepresented the history of a great country, We, Russian, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Caucasians, and all who care about the real history bury this fu***g game. My score 0.
  52. Jul 24, 2013
    It is very dangerous game for childrens, because scenary of this game has a lot of big lie about USSR. Every man, who knows history of the USSR hate this game and her developers.
  53. Jul 24, 2013
    Nazi propaganda. I mean who the hell decide to put that story in game? it very low quality.
    Ok it just story who care about it? but in multiplayer it still same. Please rename game to Company of Cowards.
  54. Jul 24, 2013
    Who was the screenwriter game? Machine random false facts about the history? Wicked Soviet Army soldiers who wanted to fight for his country, a country that wanted to lose, but accidentally Won? Douse slop death-million people who fought not only for their country, but also helped countries allies.
  55. Jul 27, 2013
    The authors are sick bastards. The game represents Russian soldiers of the WW II as some kind of blood lusting animals. A deliberate attempt to insult the memory of those who died fighting the fascism! I believe, the bottom line of the game was forethought as being a mendacious piece of pro-fascist propaganda!
  56. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is a true idiocy. Screenwriters completely distorted the historical truth. This is a travesty of history and common sense. Game creators do better science fiction. They are better at it.
  57. Jul 24, 2013
    This is not a game, it's a circus. Developers need to flee to the library, not in Nazi library. Relic, the Cold War ended a long time, it's time to stop making trash.
  58. Jul 24, 2013
    Is there a worse game than this one?
    Zero is even overrated mark for so many lies about USSR and the war.
    Hitler with company are very grateful to canadians for this piece of crap.
  59. Jul 24, 2013
    Relic the children of Goebbels.
    So many lies I had not seen in more than one game.
    Their inspiration is not a story, and the film Enemy at the Gates.
  60. Jul 24, 2013
  61. Jul 24, 2013
  62. Jul 24, 2013
    retarded history ever
  63. Jul 24, 2013
    As a loyal customer of Valve in the past I have to say this is disgusting game. Dishonest, unfair to the soviet soldiers who gave their life to liberate the world from fascism. Shame on you. Will never buy anything from Valve again, close my account unless you fix this stupid game.
  64. Jul 25, 2013
    This game is made by the Nazis. It offends me and the memory of my grandparents. Goebbels propaganda and lies converge in this game!..................
  65. Jul 25, 2013
    The Apotheosis of idiocy and stupid cliche that try to pass off as a real historical event. Was this game developed descendants of the Nazis, who thus try to change the perception of history?
  66. Jul 25, 2013
    This Nazi game made by Nazis. I would like it to be wiped from the memory of people who played this game. Dear Nazis from the team Relic, shame on you, and your families.
  67. Jul 25, 2013
    Whole campaign is about one soviet people destroy other. Didn't see any logic in this. And this is without truth about soviet campaign against Nazi Germany (which practically mean All Europe).
  68. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. worst game ever! Thoroughly impregnated with racism! Nazism propaganda!
    If it were not Russian, headed by Stalin, the entire western democratic world would be destroyed by the Germans!
  69. Jul 27, 2013
    Go kill yourself, relic... Your game is a total lie and the only one who likes it is Goebbels. What about shutting your useless studio? Good idea, I bet. Chao, nazis!
  70. Jul 27, 2013
    I don't know who wrote those "professional" reviews but this game is bad, auto-match system is unbalanced annihilate is can only be played with your friends, there's only so much victory point someone can play on the 4 maps they give you. compared to COH 1 this game is crap.
  71. Jul 23, 2013
    Very disapointing, uses the same graphics engine, the graphics look very similar but it brings my 3770K and 680GTX to a halt. IT has very few improvements over the first game. This just screams cash in to me, Stick with the oringal CoH its much superior
  72. Aug 1, 2013
    This game trivializes the history of the peoples who fought to survive the bloody World War II. My great-grandfather was a machine gunner and received several wounds in the arm, but survived. And I was ashamed only imagine what his work and deeds of many soldiers simply doused with mud for the sake of material gain. People praised the game, think about this... What if this game would beThis game trivializes the history of the peoples who fought to survive the bloody World War II. My great-grandfather was a machine gunner and received several wounds in the arm, but survived. And I was ashamed only imagine what his work and deeds of many soldiers simply doused with mud for the sake of material gain. People praised the game, think about this... What if this game would be about your country? Expand
  73. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is an insult of every Russian hero who died in war against fascism protecting people of his motherland from elimination. In almost any family in Russia now there are veterans or people lost in combat of WWII, and relic knowingly insulted them all. Lots of Russians soldiers lost their lives to prevent total defeat of France and divert attention of german “perfect race” which seekThis game is an insult of every Russian hero who died in war against fascism protecting people of his motherland from elimination. In almost any family in Russia now there are veterans or people lost in combat of WWII, and relic knowingly insulted them all. Lots of Russians soldiers lost their lives to prevent total defeat of France and divert attention of german “perfect race” which seek to eliminate or enslave lower races (all others). Russians soldiers as well paid with their lives for every day France and England delayed opening of second front. This error of a game deliberately replaces actual historical events with anti-Russian propaganda which can only be obtained from fascist, ignoramus, haters and complete idiots. And those are target group of this “game”.

Every year in 9 may we celebrate a day of victory where we can talk with the actual people who took part in combats of WWII and we know for a fact, that things presented in this game as historical events are outrageous, disgusting, stupid, illogical, senseless and shameful lies.

As an active buyer of licensed production, true gamer and patriot I want relic to know that from now on every time I see your production I will remember your attitude toward my country, my family and me as a part of it.
  74. Jul 27, 2013
    Fake game based on fake history. Would'v ban this game if I could. Amount of absurd reached limits long before mid game. Bugs, lags, overhype. Outcome is rubbish.
  75. Jul 27, 2013
    1 rifle for 2 russian soldiers (check)
    - russian soldiers shooting down their own retreating squads (check)
    - russian soldiers burning their own homes with civilians inside (check) - russian soldiers killing friendly guerrilla forces (check) - russian soldiers being thrown on machineguns in waves without any cover (check) - russian soldiers being shot by their own for saving high
    1 rifle for 2 russian soldiers (check)
    - russian soldiers shooting down their own retreating squads (check)
    - russian soldiers burning their own homes with civilians inside (check)
    - russian soldiers killing friendly guerrilla forces (check)
    - russian soldiers being shot by their own for saving high ranked officer (checked)
    - russian soldiers complaining about not having a choice. Choice during war? Well, there was atleast one. Like ening up in german gas chamber.

Total absence of logic and rule of stereotypes and cliche about evil red army. Relic depicts us military force that was suicidial in every way possible, unwilling to fight and win despite fighting on the native soil, for their own families. Red army was retreating first 3 years of this war. Retreating and shooting down everyone who was retreating from the frontlines. Right. For 3 years in a row. Then after 3 years, red army commanders understood that despite their best efforts of suiciding they still fail in their mission. So they sighed and decided to go into attack for a change and happened to defeat Germany within next 2 years. Seems totally legit.

"20 millions soviet lives for 1 photo" Ha, ha. Never go full retard relic, never.
  76. Jul 23, 2013
    Company of heroes without heroes... Company of this game is soo sucks.
    Learn history, nazis! Company of Heroes 2 is soo deceitful. I hope, that Hitler comes for Relic in their dreams!
    Don't buy this game/
  77. Jul 28, 2013
    This is very bad game. Huge disappointment for me. Company of Heroes 1 was the best strategy game i ever played. This one is so bad that my head wants to explode. Nothing more to say. Don't buy this, save money for something that is worth playing for 15 or 30 hours. I want my money back.
  78. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is nazist propaganda. It lies in all. If you buy this game, you help them to rewrite history. Don't buy it. Developers should be in prison.
  79. Jul 23, 2013
    A lying anti-Russian piece of propaganda. Goebbels would love this crazy nazi game. Facts and quotations are mixed and teared out of context. I don't care about gameplay when the story and idea of it is to prove the Soviets were monsters and nazis were angels trying to free soviet people.
  80. Jul 23, 2013
    This is a game of nazi propagation. This is Anti-Russian, Anti-human game! It's shame!
    Founders have offended all veterans of WWII. Relic and others go to hell!
  81. Jul 23, 2013
    The entire campaign made me think, that nazis built this game. Joseph Goebbels would have been pleased with you, Relic. Old school anti-soviet and anti-russian propaganda.
  82. Jul 23, 2013
    Lying company, written by incompetent people who do not read the history of the Second World War. This is Anti-Russian, Anti-human game!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  83. Jul 23, 2013
    Game of the Nazis. Historically, the game is not only a historical fact and fiction lies deceit crazy writers. Game detractors Russian people won the German invaders in World War II. Anti-Russian propaganda
  84. Jul 23, 2013
    The plot GOVNO.Skripty ubogie.Igrat unylo.Oni unbearably boring and did not even bother to register intellect allies in some missiyah.Pro balance I said Viseu but none menie clarify why he Tank shoots toothpicks judging by their damage to each other2 over the Soviet Union must always overwhelm opponents of meat, etc.3 units of the inhibited wild and carry out the orders very crookedTheThe plot GOVNO.Skripty ubogie.Igrat unylo.Oni unbearably boring and did not even bother to register intellect allies in some missiyah.Pro balance I said Viseu but none menie clarify why he Tank shoots toothpicks judging by their damage to each other2 over the Soviet Union must always overwhelm opponents of meat, etc.3 units of the inhibited wild and carry out the orders very crookedThe plot visosan of a finger. Fact from canada know better what happened on the eastern front after 5 liter V-fermented syrup of course! Expand
  85. Jul 23, 2013
    Lies and nothing else... No historical facts or documents not what is happening in this game. Where have you found such writers that I think are students Joseph Goebbels In your world, Soviet troops killed their inhabitants for whom they fought, burning houses and killing his soldiers probably to lose this war. This is simply ridiculous. But somehow they have won it. You show howLies and nothing else... No historical facts or documents not what is happening in this game. Where have you found such writers that I think are students Joseph Goebbels In your world, Soviet troops killed their inhabitants for whom they fought, burning houses and killing his soldiers probably to lose this war. This is simply ridiculous. But somehow they have won it. You show how American people come under fire from a machine gun while protecting someone else's land. When this is valour and honour. When Soviet troops protect THEIR land is cowardly because subordination of them can be shot... And also, I am surprised you didn't show in this game as Russians drink vodka ride bears and playing the balalaika. This game has gained such a high assessment I don't understand. One consolation smart people will understand that everything in this game is not true but some not very educated people believe in it and think that it all really happened... Burn in hell writers of this game (sorry for my very bad English) Expand
  86. Jul 23, 2013
    Nice try to discredit Russian soldiers in this war for their own land, and the funny thing is that some people are desperate to believe this blatant rubbish and provocation, the soldiers were fighting for their country, not because their backs were bloodthirsty tyrants, this game is based on both historical, but openly denigrates and rewrites history of the Soviet Union
  87. Jul 23, 2013
    Very, very bad game, the worst of the worst.
    The story has nothing to do with reality, Nazi propaganda, draws inspiration from Goebbels. This is a mockery of history.
  88. Jul 23, 2013
    I really was a fan of previous parts Company Of Heroes. Could play by days. And this is a good game too... for nazis. Im not Russian, but i absolutely dissapointed.
  89. Jul 23, 2013
    Great, hero story, but not enough raped Deutschen Frauen with a beastly soviet soldiers. And Joseph Stalin do not eat a little kinds in this game, it s not a full complete picture of soviet reality. Sad, but true.
  90. Jul 23, 2013
    I love a good game, but I do not like lies. The Soviets seem cruel and worse than the Nazis, but in reality, she had saved his country and the whole of Europe from destruction.
  91. Jul 23, 2013
    Having all Relic WH40K games I expected better value for the price. Bad performance, crashes and silly plot. Portraying of Russians in a "historical" game was ridiculous. Orcs look like a charming persons compared with these "evil russkies".
  92. Jul 23, 2013
    This game is full of lies, play it if you dont care about historical facts and dont honour fallen who died so that future world (the world you now live also) would not belong to fascists.
  93. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Only Hitler and Goebbels would have played this game with pleasure.
    Rough nazi propaganda disguised as game.

If developers said that its alternative history it would be okay, but this is ""historical" game.
    So... learn history, morons.
  94. Jul 24, 2013
    "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of History will sooner or later sweep it away without mercy". Joseph Stalin

Campaign scenario is based on downright lies.
  95. Jul 24, 2013
    The developers of the game are not familiar concepts morality and conscience
    If the game will be prohibited on the territory of the CIS countries, the financial loss can force the writers to reconsider its position
    For this reconsideration of historical facts in relation to the "second front" in the development would be filed in the court of their own grandfathers
  96. Jul 24, 2013
    The plot makes it so disgusting it's not evenworth pirating. Way to spoil a good game, Relic, one hell of a way.

"It's a known historical fact that Russians were no good guys in WW2"? You sick *()&*%^$
  97. Jul 24, 2013
    Dear Joseph Goebbels fans(aka scenarists), try show your game to the veterans of World War 2, French, Soviet, Ukraine soldiers.Show your game to the kids and grandchils of 6 million jews, who was killed by the gas, fire and poison in the jails! And then, just look on they faces. Look and think about it.
  98. Jul 24, 2013
    Did my grandfather deserved it? I guess no
    'cause when i see that soviet soldiers in this game is cowards and betrayers, it's piss me off.
    There is not a word of true in this game, Nazi's good one's and Russian soldiers is really?
    I hope this will be banned in Russia.
  99. Jul 24, 2013
    Incredibly stupid, dirty and deceitful game. The developer has no shame, no conscience, minimal logic in the presentation of events. I regret that I took the time to familiarize with it.
  100. Jul 24, 2013
    Hitler would like to play this damn game with pleasure! Nazi developers! Stop this please. We are normal people here in Russia, we are sick of this pervented storytelling.
  101. Jun 29, 2013
    On launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IVOn launch this game suffers from HORRENDOUS balance issues. Soviets have almost no chance of winning against any half way decent German player. Germans build faster, which lets them get their FAR superior mg fielded faster which means they more often than not beat soviet conscripts to the fuel points. And once Germans get the fuel points and opal blitz trucks they can just spam panzer IV and never look back. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)