• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Sep 24, 2007
8.6

1. Nov 6, 2011
    This is quite an old game but maybe somebody will still decide to buy it know. This is THE best RTS game ever. The single player is very good but multiplayer is grand. The newer games like warhammer series may have a more detailed graphics but they fill to me more like an childish arcade game. In CoH you have by far more tactila options, there is a greater variety of different troops. IThis is quite an old game but maybe somebody will still decide to buy it know. This is THE best RTS game ever. The single player is very good but multiplayer is grand. The newer games like warhammer series may have a more detailed graphics but they fill to me more like an childish arcade game. In CoH you have by far more tactila options, there is a greater variety of different troops. I really hope that we will see a new addition to this franchise. Expand
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    Definitely one of my favorite RTS games.
    The Company of Heroes series offers many great campaigns to enjoy, different factions and a true to history feeling.
    The Squad-based strategies are easy to get into yet are challenging to use correctly. Upgrading and equipping your troops with specialised weapons is an essential part of the game, and the balance is nicely achieved; you can counter
    Definitely one of my favorite RTS games.
    Upgrading and equipping your troops with specialised weapons is an essential part of the game, and the balance is nicely achieved; you can counter the biggest tank rushes if you use the right units, use cover or hide in buildings.

Great franchise, amazing value!
  3. Oct 14, 2011
    One of the best expansion packs ever and more missions to play back with another story to tell. This is where some of the best modification add-ons come to life with this expansion.
  4. Nov 22, 2011
    Great game....many hours spent with my friends. To be honest this game has paid for itself over and over with the time played. If you are a FPS type of person only, then dont bother, but if you like RTS games even a little bit then you will love this game. Lots of custom maps made by the public is a plus. Check out the D-Day Co-Op map...WOW....
  5. Des
    Jan 24, 2012
    The best RTS there is in my opinion. Best played with friends against each other or with friends against the AI. The animations are not really necessary in this type of a game, but bring in lots to the overall experience. This game is pretty pretty pretty.

Old game yes, but very much worth a try.
  6. Feb 8, 2012
    One of the WORST!!! Games i have ever played... just a bad camera position, far too close to get a good overview, especially because you have to micro your soldiers all the time!! all of your units... they get nothing done and often do things first after the 3rd or 4th direction. They are unable to find the shortest way and some times just run in with enemy fire instead of attacking, veryOne of the WORST!!! Games i have ever played... just a bad camera position, far too close to get a good overview, especially because you have to micro your soldiers all the time!! all of your units... they get nothing done and often do things first after the 3rd or 4th direction. They are unable to find the shortest way and some times just run in with enemy fire instead of attacking, very unuseful for a mortar for example. The online don't run anyway and there is no support... i am scared of THQ giving their name for such a crap. If you want do something good, don't buy this! Expand
  7. May 21, 2012
    This game adds my favorite faction the British 3rd Company and 2 more campaigns. A Britsh Campaign featuring the liberation of Caen, the British Airborne and Canadian volunteers. The second campaign features the Panzer Lehr holding back Operation Market Garden. Both the campaigns have excellent plots, great characters and emotional depth. The new factions add more tactical depth to theThis game adds my favorite faction the British 3rd Company and 2 more campaigns. A Britsh Campaign featuring the liberation of Caen, the British Airborne and Canadian volunteers. The second campaign features the Panzer Lehr holding back Operation Market Garden. Both the campaigns have excellent plots, great characters and emotional depth. The new factions add more tactical depth to the game. The new Factions make Multiplayer a much more varied experience as you struggle to hold off the versatality of the British with their mobile bases and the Panzer Elite with their interesting style of Armour warfare. The campaign alone is a good 8 hours of gameplay and multiplayer adds dozens more. Expand
  8. Aug 15, 2012
    Since I'll be getting CoH 2 soon I thought I better step back in time and finish the Opposing Fronts expansion which I put off for some reason. The campaigns are split in two so it is about the same length as the first game but it just feels shorter. The campaigns seem a bit forced and rushed while lacking any depth. Relic reused maps within the campaigns instead of creating new andSince I'll be getting CoH 2 soon I thought I better step back in time and finish the Opposing Fronts expansion which I put off for some reason. The campaigns are split in two so it is about the same length as the first game but it just feels shorter. The campaigns seem a bit forced and rushed while lacking any depth. Relic reused maps within the campaigns instead of creating new and interesting territory to fight for. The gameplay is similar but the challenges are too simplistic; defend here, destroy a bridge, set up a roadblock.

Someone else mentioned it below but the AI artillery is automatic and deadly in this game and designed to be a hindrance to the point of frustration. Another bad design option was the use of sequenced timed missions which can be triggered by capturing points along the map so you'll be in the middle of completing an objective and suddenly be on the timer for the main mission.

It's a fun game if you like RTS but not as good as the original.
  9. Oct 26, 2012
    If you loved the original game you'll probably like this expansion as well. It offers two new campaigns which are worth playing, if not fantastic. Overall I liked these significantly less than the original, due to short length, limited unit selection, and insufficient information. I found that often you just had to figure out on your own what the new units/buildings did, and this was evenIf you loved the original game you'll probably like this expansion as well. It offers two new campaigns which are worth playing, if not fantastic. Overall I liked these significantly less than the original, due to short length, limited unit selection, and insufficient information. I found that often you just had to figure out on your own what the new units/buildings did, and this was even more frustrating on the German campaign because all the unit/structure names were in German. Despite this, Opposing Fronts was a fun experience and I wouldn't let these shortcomings deter me from recommending it. Expand
  10. Nov 12, 2012
    I love this game!, the reasons that I do not give a 10 is because they are very few factions and in multiplayer of classic or skirmish you can't play as a fictitious faction with the units of the American vs. Americans, or Germans vs. German. And with the original game, together I'll give them a 9.
  11. Oct 17, 2014
    Užasno loše, misije dosadne i duge bespotrebno, bez ikakve kvalitetne ideje, a bugove je suvišno i spominjati, prvi dio je odličan bio, ovo jako loše...
  12. Sep 6, 2013
    An excellent expansion to an already great game. This expansion made the original Company of Heroes so much better. Much more depth and more intensity to the game play online. Very well made. 10/10
  13. Sep 10, 2013
    Epic expansion to the best RTS of ALL TIME! What are you waiting for.. BUY your cd key, plug it into steam, and start enjoying yourself. See you on the front lines!
  14. Sep 12, 2014
    Completely awesome and as good or better than the first. Adding the brits my fav class adds a whole new gameplay, camping never was so much fun with awesome artillery and garbage tanks these guys know how to stay away from combat and blow #$%^ up.
    Campaign switches up gameplay mildly still fun and worth the time.

Worth $50

1. With its generous two new campaigns and refined online capabilities, there’ll certainly be no argument from us that it’s nothing less than an essential purchase.
  2. Doesn’t do anything terribly interesting outside of adding two new factions (a defensive British division and a highly mobile German counterpart). The added campaigns are very average, but will no doubt be entertaining enough to satisfy the needs of offline-focused players. By all means, grab Opposing Fronts if you simply need more CoH – just don’t expect anything particularly revolutionary here.
  3. Sure, games such as "Supreme Commander" push the science-fiction RTS genre in cool new directions, but the World War II RTS genre has yet to learn the lessons of Company of Heroes. With Opposing Fronts, THQ and Relic keep a great thing going.