Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts PC

• Release Date: Sep 24, 2007
8.6

1. Dec 8, 2016
    pluspoints

+ two factions more with cool units + a true strategy game + in the time it released,very good graphics + a lot of maps + good campaign + fun to battle others ( i still do it with my dad ) negative points - multiplayer matches could be easier to set up ( like , finding somewone in multiplayer and start the match) but i am not gonna give it for one negative point a 9
    pluspoints

+ two factions more with cool units
    + a true strategy game
    + in the time it released,very good graphics
    + a lot of maps
    + good campaign
    + fun to battle others ( i still do it with my dad )
    negative points
    but i am not gonna give it for one negative point a 9 no a 10 because this is the best strategic game ever
  2. Sep 12, 2014
    Completely awesome and as good or better than the first. Adding the brits my fav class adds a whole new gameplay, camping never was so much fun with awesome artillery and garbage tanks these guys know how to stay away from combat and blow #$%^ up.
    Campaign switches up gameplay mildly still fun and worth the time.

Worth $50
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    Epic expansion to the best RTS of ALL TIME! What are you waiting for.. BUY your cd key, plug it into steam, and start enjoying yourself. See you on the front lines!
  4. Sep 6, 2013
    An excellent expansion to an already great game. This expansion made the original Company of Heroes so much better. Much more depth and more intensity to the game play online. Very well made. 10/10
  5. Nov 12, 2012
    I love this game!, the reasons that I do not give a 10 is because they are very few factions and in multiplayer of classic or skirmish you can't play as a fictitious faction with the units of the American vs. Americans, or Germans vs. German. And with the original game, together I'll give them a 9.
  6. Oct 26, 2012
    If you loved the original game you'll probably like this expansion as well. It offers two new campaigns which are worth playing, if not fantastic. Overall I liked these significantly less than the original, due to short length, limited unit selection, and insufficient information. I found that often you just had to figure out on your own what the new units/buildings did, and this was evenIf you loved the original game you'll probably like this expansion as well. It offers two new campaigns which are worth playing, if not fantastic. Overall I liked these significantly less than the original, due to short length, limited unit selection, and insufficient information. I found that often you just had to figure out on your own what the new units/buildings did, and this was even more frustrating on the German campaign because all the unit/structure names were in German. Despite this, Opposing Fronts was a fun experience and I wouldn't let these shortcomings deter me from recommending it. Expand
  7. Aug 15, 2012
    Since I'll be getting CoH 2 soon I thought I better step back in time and finish the Opposing Fronts expansion which I put off for some reason. The campaigns are split in two so it is about the same length as the first game but it just feels shorter. The campaigns seem a bit forced and rushed while lacking any depth. Relic reused maps within the campaigns instead of creating new andSince I'll be getting CoH 2 soon I thought I better step back in time and finish the Opposing Fronts expansion which I put off for some reason. The campaigns are split in two so it is about the same length as the first game but it just feels shorter. The campaigns seem a bit forced and rushed while lacking any depth. Relic reused maps within the campaigns instead of creating new and interesting territory to fight for. The gameplay is similar but the challenges are too simplistic; defend here, destroy a bridge, set up a roadblock.

Someone else mentioned it below but the AI artillery is automatic and deadly in this game and designed to be a hindrance to the point of frustration. Another bad design option was the use of sequenced timed missions which can be triggered by capturing points along the map so you'll be in the middle of completing an objective and suddenly be on the timer for the main mission.

It's a fun game if you like RTS but not as good as the original.
  8. May 21, 2012
    This game adds my favorite faction the British 3rd Company and 2 more campaigns. A Britsh Campaign featuring the liberation of Caen, the British Airborne and Canadian volunteers. The second campaign features the Panzer Lehr holding back Operation Market Garden. Both the campaigns have excellent plots, great characters and emotional depth. The new factions add more tactical depth to theThis game adds my favorite faction the British 3rd Company and 2 more campaigns. A Britsh Campaign featuring the liberation of Caen, the British Airborne and Canadian volunteers. The second campaign features the Panzer Lehr holding back Operation Market Garden. Both the campaigns have excellent plots, great characters and emotional depth. The new factions add more tactical depth to the game. The new Factions make Multiplayer a much more varied experience as you struggle to hold off the versatality of the British with their mobile bases and the Panzer Elite with their interesting style of Armour warfare. The campaign alone is a good 8 hours of gameplay and multiplayer adds dozens more. Expand
  9. Feb 8, 2012
    One of the WORST!!! Games i have ever played... just a bad camera position, far too close to get a good overview, especially because you have to micro your soldiers all the time!! all of your units... they get nothing done and often do things first after the 3rd or 4th direction. They are unable to find the shortest way and some times just run in with enemy fire instead of attacking, veryOne of the WORST!!! Games i have ever played... just a bad camera position, far too close to get a good overview, especially because you have to micro your soldiers all the time!! all of your units... they get nothing done and often do things first after the 3rd or 4th direction. They are unable to find the shortest way and some times just run in with enemy fire instead of attacking, very unuseful for a mortar for example. The online don't run anyway and there is no support... i am scared of THQ giving their name for such a crap. If you want do something good, don't buy this! Expand
  10. Des
    Jan 24, 2012
    The best RTS there is in my opinion. Best played with friends against each other or with friends against the AI. The animations are not really necessary in this type of a game, but bring in lots to the overall experience. This game is pretty pretty pretty.

Old game yes, but very much worth a try.
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    Great game....many hours spent with my friends. To be honest this game has paid for itself over and over with the time played. If you are a FPS type of person only, then dont bother, but if you like RTS games even a little bit then you will love this game. Lots of custom maps made by the public is a plus. Check out the D-Day Co-Op map...WOW....
  12. Nov 6, 2011
    This is quite an old game but maybe somebody will still decide to buy it know. This is THE best RTS game ever. The single player is very good but multiplayer is grand. The newer games like warhammer series may have a more detailed graphics but they fill to me more like an childish arcade game. In CoH you have by far more tactila options, there is a greater variety of different troops. IThis is quite an old game but maybe somebody will still decide to buy it know. This is THE best RTS game ever. The single player is very good but multiplayer is grand. The newer games like warhammer series may have a more detailed graphics but they fill to me more like an childish arcade game. In CoH you have by far more tactila options, there is a greater variety of different troops. I really hope that we will see a new addition to this franchise. Expand
  13. Oct 14, 2011
    One of the best expansion packs ever and more missions to play back with another story to tell. This is where some of the best modification add-ons come to life with this expansion.
  14. Oct 4, 2011
    Definitely one of my favorite RTS games.
    The Company of Heroes series offers many great campaigns to enjoy, different factions and a true to history feeling.
    The Squad-based strategies are easy to get into yet are challenging to use correctly. Upgrading and equipping your troops with specialised weapons is an essential part of the game, and the balance is nicely achieved; you can counter
    Definitely one of my favorite RTS games.
    Upgrading and equipping your troops with specialised weapons is an essential part of the game, and the balance is nicely achieved; you can counter the biggest tank rushes if you use the right units, use cover or hide in buildings.

Great franchise, amazing value!
  15. Phil
    Dec 24, 2009
    I've been playing company of heroes since day one and by far this is an amazing addition. Who ever says the match making system is bad and its just a zerg RTS does not know how to play the game and is horrible. Like others say, I believe this game tops some of the most popular RTS's out there and the multiplayer is very addicting and competitive. Yes the match making system can I've been playing company of heroes since day one and by far this is an amazing addition. Who ever says the match making system is bad and its just a zerg RTS does not know how to play the game and is horrible. Like others say, I believe this game tops some of the most popular RTS's out there and the multiplayer is very addicting and competitive. Yes the match making system can be scewed at times, but only at midnight to 8 AM where no one plays. Again, who ever says this game is bad is just bad at the game. Graphics and physics are enjoyable and very little bugs. I would never take the time to write this crappy review for any other game but this one. Expand
  16. DenizTaskin
    Nov 21, 2009
    I really like this game, because of the graphics and the gameplay. It´s my number one RTS game. It´s really realistic with all of it. And the effects in it is soo great.
  17. georgej
    Nov 20, 2009
    This is the ONLY PC game I played for more than a year!! enough said.
  18. Atz.
    Aug 18, 2009
    Cannot play a single player, offline game without crawling under the desk and yanking my network cable, due to an idiotic authentication system which demands I sign in if any internet connection is present. Why is there no option to just play with the CD in the drive, as you can do with no internet connection at all? Nor does it actually have any warning that this will be the case on the Cannot play a single player, offline game without crawling under the desk and yanking my network cable, due to an idiotic authentication system which demands I sign in if any internet connection is present. Why is there no option to just play with the CD in the drive, as you can do with no internet connection at all? Nor does it actually have any warning that this will be the case on the box. Will be returning product, refusing to purchase any further Relic games in case they employ the same stupid system. Expand
  19. MisterYoon1
    Aug 4, 2009
    I assure that the game and the skills of Relic is the best, but its management is still one of the worst ever. The prove is, as you can see, Relic made the orst failure with Company Of Heroes, which could be one of the best and one of the most successful game. And it's all because of suck management, ignorance of player's suggestion(example: still no observer system), and suck I assure that the game and the skills of Relic is the best, but its management is still one of the worst ever. The prove is, as you can see, Relic made the orst failure with Company Of Heroes, which could be one of the best and one of the most successful game. And it's all because of suck management, ignorance of player's suggestion(example: still no observer system), and suck patches. But the game is still the best, so there is still lots of players(of course, far less than the expectation) and still have lots of possibility. I hope that relic to keep tracking this game and make it better Expand
  20. TimothyT.
    Mar 30, 2009
    Shoddy support, terrible matchmaking, horrible (just awful) patches. Relic has proven, once again, that they can make an amazing game and turn it into utter rubbish. I played Brits for months, and Relic hates them. A truly amazing game gutted and ruined by the Relic team.
  21. JackL
    Mar 14, 2009
    By far the best RTS. Relic have nailed the idea of making the whole genre more actiony. They did it with Warhammer but that stuck more to a particular audience and the slight cartoonish graphics put many off. Now in company of heroes it has polished graphics and a subject to suit a wider audience. WW2 although seems quite an over used subject for gaming, has never been as explored as this By far the best RTS. Relic have nailed the idea of making the whole genre more actiony. They did it with Warhammer but that stuck more to a particular audience and the slight cartoonish graphics put many off. Now in company of heroes it has polished graphics and a subject to suit a wider audience. WW2 although seems quite an over used subject for gaming, has never been as explored as this in an RTS form. The reason for giving it an 8 is because the new expansion was a marketing scheme all along. If you want to survive in multiplayer you must get this game otherwise your whermacht will be screwed by British artillery that can fire at your base from the other end of the map (crazy I know). Other than that it is still a good expansion. The upcoming expansion Tales of Valor's Direct fire will be a fun little addition to the game. Check it out Expand
  22. JJJ
    Feb 4, 2009
    Your typical zerg rts game. Nothing special here at all. Get really boring quickly. You can mount no defense, computer just zergs with tanks, you have no counter. I want my money back.
  23. LukasS
    Jan 16, 2009
    Simply the best RTS game out there. Have read the other coments of the game and I don't understand why some people give it a 0 just because they dont thing it realistic that paratroopers can drop in 5 sec (instead of planing the drop one week ahead)etc etc. Someone even thought it was a first person shooter and bought the game: rating there for "1".......what?
  24. SaloM
    May 2, 2008
    Best RTS ever... Let's get this straight, I hate RTS... First I played Age of Empires 2, which was great, but I hated to recollect all those resources to just get stomped by the enemy... Then it was Starcraft, which at first I liked it so much, specially of the reduced resources... but still I was getting stomped by the enemy... Then there was Warcraft III... more of the same, now Best RTS ever... Let's get this straight, I hate RTS... First I played Age of Empires 2, which was great, but I hated to recollect all those resources to just get stomped by the enemy... Then it was Starcraft, which at first I liked it so much, specially of the reduced resources... but still I was getting stomped by the enemy... Then there was Warcraft III... more of the same, now stomped by huge walking trees or by huge ugly three armed brutes... I lost all hope on the RTS on general... Introducing COH... the best RTS hands down... Why?, because you don't need to recollect the resources, still you need to administrate them wisely, but the resources come straight to your wallet, then the graphics and sounds are simply breathtaking, then there's the points to capture, the amazing multiplayer that stomps and burns Battle.NET in comparison... I could go on and on, for example, the destructible environments (it seriously means DESTRUCTIBLE in all possible means), the perfectly balanced armies, the paratroopers simply kicks ass, the air strikes... there's so many things and so little time to enjoy this game... Simply put it this way, If you love RTS, this one is a no brainer (Opposing Fronts and/or original Company of Heroes) and if you, like me, hate most RTS or never played one, buy it... belive me, you'll never regret it. Expand
  25. NigelP.
    Apr 19, 2008
    The best RTS I have played, I official got back into COH in August when the Expansion was released. This is better than starcraft, warcraft III, World in Conflict, and any other RTS I can think of. Unlike some people such as Matthew C. you have to buy the game to enjoy it. The fun comes from the multiplayer, its highly addicting. Best RTS graphics, Best Squad AI I have ever seen, the The best RTS I have played, I official got back into COH in August when the Expansion was released. This is better than starcraft, warcraft III, World in Conflict, and any other RTS I can think of. Unlike some people such as Matthew C. you have to buy the game to enjoy it. The fun comes from the multiplayer, its highly addicting. Best RTS graphics, Best Squad AI I have ever seen, the voice over is amazing. This is the only RTS that surpasses blizzard entertainment. I switched to this game from BF2 to this. Their are so many roles to use in this game. Expand
  26. CarlosVasquez
    Mar 9, 2008
    El mejor juego que he jugado, pero tiene muchos parches y actualizaciones,lo mismo de windows; hacen el producto mal y despues sacan 1000 actualizaciones; es el juego con más errores que he visto en mi vida y ni se diga de poner usuario y password para jugar la campaña individual.
  27. DariasK.
    Feb 27, 2008
    This is the most diverse, well balanced, and fulfilling RTS I've seen in years. Endless complexity is possible for knife-edge gameplay, yet a basic game is deeply fulfilling. The Tactical depth available is complimented perfectly with cutting edge graphics, and an immersive soundscape.
  28. MatthewC.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Nice game but absolutely disgusted with over-the-top anti-pirating protection. Since most other game publishers/creators don't need to go to these ridiculous lengths, why does THQ/Relic? It's greedy and just creates bad feeling. I will henceforth steer away from THQ/Relic in the future.
  29. TakeshiJ.
    Dec 28, 2007
    I loved the first one, expecially the online features, but this game is great. Awesome graphics, game play, and sounds, but unfortunatly quite bugy. Online play can be quite irritating if objects are rainbow coloured, units won't move, or shortcut keys are locked up. Other parts need to be ballenced more, British artilliry is really irritating if it can hit your German headquarters I loved the first one, expecially the online features, but this game is great. Awesome graphics, game play, and sounds, but unfortunatly quite bugy. Online play can be quite irritating if objects are rainbow coloured, units won't move, or shortcut keys are locked up. Other parts need to be ballenced more, British artilliry is really irritating if it can hit your German headquarters all the tie, killing whoever is there or repairing it. Relic made a good choice to create an expansion to the original CoH, but they didn't quite get the bugs and ballances quite right. Expand
  30. SaschaP.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Not perfect, but the best RTS I've seen so far.
  31. MichaelM.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Rocks, is better than World In Conflict.
  32. TokeN.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Amazing game. Best game I ever played. Been playing every day for 6 months and counting.
  33. AndersL.
    Nov 6, 2007
    I thing the documentation is not good. It would be better with more info about all tasks for every mission. Now you have to find out yourself what type of defenses to implement.
  34. BillyE.
    Oct 27, 2007
    A worthy sequel, improved vehicle AI makes it much easier to manage. One problem is that the missions reuse maps. I would love to see more variety but its only a minor problem. Imbalance issues are present. In my own personal experience, the Artillery range for the British vehicles is way too far. When your American, and your weak vehicles are charging, it is frustrating to see them all A worthy sequel, improved vehicle AI makes it much easier to manage. One problem is that the missions reuse maps. I would love to see more variety but its only a minor problem. Imbalance issues are present. In my own personal experience, the Artillery range for the British vehicles is way too far. When your American, and your weak vehicles are charging, it is frustrating to see them all blow up in a firestorm of artillery. Expand
  35. AndreasD.
    Oct 19, 2007
    OF is quite sweet. Now with 4 armies which makes online play very exciting when playing 2 VS 2 or more.
  36. GrantG.
    Oct 16, 2007
    The addition of two new armies make the company of heroes experience just that much better.
  37. TonyB.
    Oct 14, 2007
    I bought this game.Upon installation game demanded an update but would not allow me to do so.Obviously I was disappointed and returned it.This has been released without propper testing.Beware.
  38. KenL.
    Oct 13, 2007
    As a fan of Dawn of War, my anticipations for Company of Heroes was to say the least sky high. And when that game hit the market I bought, played it through, and have been playing it on the net ever since. Opposing Fronts was an exspansion I was looking forward to. New units, new maps etc etc is all fine, but it was the small tweaks to the original game that I really liked. Smarter tank As a fan of Dawn of War, my anticipations for Company of Heroes was to say the least sky high. And when that game hit the market I bought, played it through, and have been playing it on the net ever since. Opposing Fronts was an exspansion I was looking forward to. New units, new maps etc etc is all fine, but it was the small tweaks to the original game that I really liked. Smarter tank Ai for instance is a real kicker :P The graphics and gameplay is exceptional, probably the best off all the rts out there. Opposing Fronts is worth your money! Buy it! Expand
  39. ThomasH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Great addition to CoH. Game updates provided by developer seem to be problematic though. The latest patch refuses to install.
  40. RonaldE.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This is one of the best, if not the best, RTS's to date and needs to be put in a hallof fame somewhere.
  41. Raoul
    Oct 10, 2007
    Very good multiplayer, took me a long time to work a strategy from the new battle groups, with their strengths and weaknesses. Single player is deff not as intense as the first coh, yet the ai is slightly smarter. great game, that took a little getting my arse kicked to work out the kinks, and fully enjoy.
  42. P.F.
    Oct 5, 2007
    I have been playing only SP for now, and i love the new sides. They are quite different from the first opus ones. The brits (love the voices) with the lieuts, captain and tank commander giving the att/def bonus, plus the command point costly but efficient defense, and the Panzer Elite wich I really like becasue I am an infanry fanboi. Panzer Elites have some good heavy armors too, but if I have been playing only SP for now, and i love the new sides. They are quite different from the first opus ones. The brits (love the voices) with the lieuts, captain and tank commander giving the att/def bonus, plus the command point costly but efficient defense, and the Panzer Elite wich I really like becasue I am an infanry fanboi. Panzer Elites have some good heavy armors too, but if you like Blitzkrieg tactics, these are for you. Soldiers can repair and Halftrack can regarnison squads. On the other side, I got some crash (hate to play an hour without saving and to redo everything), and some missions are not THAT good. Expand
  43. AdamW.
    Oct 4, 2007
    This definitely feels more like a full game release and less like an expansion pack. After playing both scenarios (Panzer Elite and Brit's) you definitely feel like it was money and time well spent. When it comes to playing multiplayer it's a completely different story. There are so many bugs and issues waiting to be patched that this game only deserves a 7 at best(If This definitely feels more like a full game release and less like an expansion pack. After playing both scenarios (Panzer Elite and Brit's) you definitely feel like it was money and time well spent. When it comes to playing multiplayer it's a completely different story. There are so many bugs and issues waiting to be patched that this game only deserves a 7 at best(If multiplayer was working properly,9.5). Expand
  44. R.H.
    Oct 2, 2007
    A worthy sequel to the original. The British appeal more to the turtle defensive players and the Panzer Elite appeal more towards the offensive players, which brings many different combinations that you can do with the older American and Wehrmacht factions. The game does have some bugs and balance issues but Relic is going to be working hard to fix them. THQ forced Relic to release the A worthy sequel to the original. The British appeal more to the turtle defensive players and the Panzer Elite appeal more towards the offensive players, which brings many different combinations that you can do with the older American and Wehrmacht factions. The game does have some bugs and balance issues but Relic is going to be working hard to fix them. THQ forced Relic to release the game two months early so it's not there fault at all. If I had to think of one thing that would make me buy this game again it would be the German campaign on Operation Market Garden. It's very cool that you can FINALLY see the war in the German's point of view. It gets very old and boring playing the allies all the time. Don Expand
  45. FrankG.
    Oct 1, 2007
    This is already above and beyond what anyone should expect for an expansion. The fact that it is also a stand alone and can be played without the original is a nice bonus as anyone interested in picking up the awesome Company of Heroes game can be informed and choose what factions they'd prefer (if for some reason they don't want both...)
  46. JanR.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Excellent in all aspects: Good learning curve Good pace Good graphics Ballanced Nice "physics" effects (recoil, item/building destruction, shell deflection) Good AI Nice online matching system Flaws: Not enough multiplay maps (subjective feeling) Czech version patch makes problems sometimes Not very stable at 4+ players + AI (as of 2007-09, may be patched soon enough) Recommend to all RTS Excellent in all aspects: Good learning curve Good pace Good graphics Ballanced Nice "physics" effects (recoil, item/building destruction, shell deflection) Good AI Nice online matching system Flaws: Not enough multiplay maps (subjective feeling) Czech version patch makes problems sometimes Not very stable at 4+ players + AI (as of 2007-09, may be patched soon enough) Recommend to all RTS fans out there, definitely worth a buy! ;) Expand
  47. JASONCROOK
    Sep 2, 2007
    well if this update is as good as the main game,then all i can say s uhhh thank you,i found the main game,great and the graphics ect where out of this would also the talking or shouting you get,language i find great.but only downfall about the hole game is that there are no updates to play maps on it or even upload new skirmich maps,the campaign is also short lived there could be more.well if this update is as good as the main game,then all i can say s uhhh thank you,i found the main game,great and the graphics ect where out of this would also the talking or shouting you get,language i find great.but only downfall about the hole game is that there are no updates to play maps on it or even upload new skirmich maps,the campaign is also short lived there could be more. other wise i realy am happy that i decided to get this game.

i think the puplicher of this game should make it easer to get updates and new maps ect ect....but thank you
  48. Sep 10, 2013

1. With its generous two new campaigns and refined online capabilities, there’ll certainly be no argument from us that it’s nothing less than an essential purchase.
  2. Doesn’t do anything terribly interesting outside of adding two new factions (a defensive British division and a highly mobile German counterpart). The added campaigns are very average, but will no doubt be entertaining enough to satisfy the needs of offline-focused players. By all means, grab Opposing Fronts if you simply need more CoH – just don’t expect anything particularly revolutionary here.
  3. Sure, games such as "Supreme Commander" push the science-fiction RTS genre in cool new directions, but the World War II RTS genre has yet to learn the lessons of Company of Heroes. With Opposing Fronts, THQ and Relic keep a great thing going.