• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Apr 7, 2009
7.1

1. Oct 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There's nothing significantly new with this second expansion. The nine missions are over too quickly and the new skirmish maps as well as MP features are too limited. Also this expansion would have been worth it for free because of the free huge COH patch that came with this expansion for those who have owned COH Gold Edition or the first two COH games! Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    During a sale, I purchased the "Company of Heroes Battle Pack," and immediately played this one first. Personally, I liked Tales of Valor the most, because of the gameplay. The graphics are also pretty noteworthy. The single player campagin could have been more exciting, but multiplayer can be a lot of fun when playing with friends. I'm an avid Command and Conquer fan, so I enjoyed this,During a sale, I purchased the "Company of Heroes Battle Pack," and immediately played this one first. Personally, I liked Tales of Valor the most, because of the gameplay. The graphics are also pretty noteworthy. The single player campagin could have been more exciting, but multiplayer can be a lot of fun when playing with friends. I'm an avid Command and Conquer fan, so I enjoyed this, however I find that a major drawback of this game is how long it takes. In C&C, it's fairly easy to acquire an army, a well fortified base, and a good defense. In Company of Heroes, it's difficult to get a defense and an attack force ready quickly. This is because there are 3 different types of "monetary value" you need to purchase units, buildings, and upgrades. Of course, this IS much more realistic, however if you have little time to play and would like to get a game in before you head to bed or work, you won't be able to finish. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes RTS games, IF it's on sale. Expand
  3. Oct 26, 2012
    If you play CoH multiplayer then perhaps this is worth it, but as someone who only plays the singleplayer I was disappointed with it. While the missions are interesting and fun, they are very short--you might get three hours total out of all of them. Maybe. Thankfully I got this on sale on Steam, but I would have been upset had I paid the full $20.
  4. May 18, 2012
    The multiplayer game is very based on rank teams are always not balanced. the natzi side in this game have more powerful and cheaper army then the Allies. The rank not always show correct in lobby so somthimes you can't know the other player rank and many lags are presence in multiplayer
  5. Feb 5, 2012
    If you're a new player to the series, it comes with the full suite of company of heroes multiplayer. If you're a veteran, the new modes may offer little and you may want to wait until this game goes cheap. The new dota mode, tanks battles and survival mode add many hours to this game. Must have pc exclusive!
  6. Feb 8, 2012
    One of the WORST!!! Games i have ever played... just a bad camera position, far too close to get a good overview, especially because you have to micro your soldiers all the time!! all of your units... they get nothing done and often do things first after the 3rd or 4th direction. They are unable to find the shortest way and some times just run in with enemy fire instead of attacking, veryOne of the WORST!!! Games i have ever played... just a bad camera position, far too close to get a good overview, especially because you have to micro your soldiers all the time!! all of your units... they get nothing done and often do things first after the 3rd or 4th direction. They are unable to find the shortest way and some times just run in with enemy fire instead of attacking, very unuseful for a mortar for example. The online don't run anyway and there is no support... i am scared of THQ giving their name for such a crap. If you want do something good, don't buy this! Expand
  7. May 10, 2012
    Its a very good game for its price - 3,99 US. Im glad I bought it with 80% discount. The game is very entertaining and deserves a try. It really pays off and its not of a regreatable kind.
  8. May 21, 2012
    I was expecting the length of Opposing Fronts but instead I only got three missions. The Missions were excellent but this was only a multiplayer addition. The campaign was only stapled on as a tutorial for the new mechanics this game introduces which are few. You will probably NOT play these game modes often if at all and like most people will only play standard multiplayer modes.
  9. Sep 12, 2014
    Just adding to the already best rts ever made, adding new modes new units all worth some play.
    not as good as adding new factions but still a good add on for new play styles for those of us that played way to much.

Worth $20
  10. Nov 12, 2012
    I was expecting something more, I bought it for $5 on Steam, I can not complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Mar 5, 2013
    Tales of Valor simply does not add enough to justify a full-price expansion. There is a serious lack of new units and no new factions. Given it's a standalone title, it's not bad per say but sorely lacking.

1. It is war on a personal level - instead of entire units, battles are fought by carefully selected small groups of individuals. It would be possible to come to know each of them, were it not for the short span of this standalone expansion. [May 2009]
  2. It just doesn't hang together as a coherent package in its own right, and while the gameplay certainly doesn't sully the memory of the original, the thin spread of content is cause for concern.
  3. Gamers who spend the majority of their time in single-player modes should pass this one by. If you’re an online-focused player, though, Tales of Valor provides hours of amusement, especially if the community takes advantage of the excellent mod tools to flesh out the map selection.