• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Sep 13, 2006
8.9

1. Mar 31, 2012
    Still playing it in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Sep 20, 2010
    I have played a lot of RTS (Close Combat, Star Craft, Warcraft I-III, World in Conflict, to name a few), Company of Heroes is the most polished and innovative that I have played. As many have noted the graphics in this game are top notch. The frantic and non-stop action of the game requires a great deal of thought rewarding both the quick and the intelligent. If you enjoy RTS's, youI have played a lot of RTS (Close Combat, Star Craft, Warcraft I-III, World in Conflict, to name a few), Company of Heroes is the most polished and innovative that I have played. As many have noted the graphics in this game are top notch. The frantic and non-stop action of the game requires a great deal of thought rewarding both the quick and the intelligent. If you enjoy RTS's, you will love this game. Expand
  3. JakeS
    Apr 2, 2010
    Purely, one of the single best games to ever be created. From the gorgeous, stunning scapes and graphics to the realistic FX, to the clever and brilliant music that you will be dying to hear again and again. The way this game captures the look and feel of driving a semi-truck makes me all giddy inside. Hands down, better than the Ocarina of Time, better than Halo, better than Super Mario Purely, one of the single best games to ever be created. From the gorgeous, stunning scapes and graphics to the realistic FX, to the clever and brilliant music that you will be dying to hear again and again. The way this game captures the look and feel of driving a semi-truck makes me all giddy inside. Hands down, better than the Ocarina of Time, better than Halo, better than Super Mario 64 this wins Game of all Eternity. Collapse
  4. NickW.
    Sep 4, 2006
    Excellent game. Evenly balanced. Actually has physics. I can't think of anything in this game that isn't good!
  5. Torinir
    Dec 10, 2009
    One of the best RTS games of all time. A testament to the quality products that Relic is capable of developing.
  6. KevinB.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Best RTS since Close Combat and Total Annihilation. It should tell you something when you realize it's the best RTS since 1999... The game is nearly flawless. Resource management is a natural part of aggressive tactics and requires zero micro management. Territorial control and supply lines are great additions. The fact that Infantry units aren't mere cannon fodder is a Best RTS since Close Combat and Total Annihilation. It should tell you something when you realize it's the best RTS since 1999... The game is nearly flawless. Resource management is a natural part of aggressive tactics and requires zero micro management. Territorial control and supply lines are great additions. The fact that Infantry units aren't mere cannon fodder is a testament to the level of detail given to this game. Throw in quality cinematics to go with a great campaign mode that presents all sorts of variations... yea... go buy it or else you'll be wasting your $50 on something else. Too bad it's yet ANOTHER WWII game... Expand
  7. JoeFulgham
    Sep 22, 2006
    The game is phenomenal. "Mick N" is competely misleading when talking about "resource gathering". Resources come from captured locations, not from sending soldiers out into mines or chopping down trees.

This game is absolutely *not* a standard RTS. Its playstyle is fresh and a welcome breath of air to a pretty stagnant genre. I really liked Dawn of War. I *love* Company of Heroes.
  8. Feb 16, 2015
    Company of Heroes is one of the best RTS game in the world. its realistic graphics and system is very good until now. i'm still playing it in 2015!!!!!
  9. P.M.
    Dec 23, 2006
    Amazing game, incredible grahics and unveleivable gameplay. The best part is the use of tactical moves such as flanking.
  10. GeorgeW.
    Oct 4, 2006
    I cannot stress enough how excellent this game is. The visuals, audio and gameplay all excel over others in the genre. In many ways, it's a combination of the best elements of Act of War, Dawn of War and COD. The control and squad systems are well-designed, making controlling your army a simple task. The AI is unusually smart and adaptive, capable of easily flanking your forces and I cannot stress enough how excellent this game is. The visuals, audio and gameplay all excel over others in the genre. In many ways, it's a combination of the best elements of Act of War, Dawn of War and COD. The control and squad systems are well-designed, making controlling your army a simple task. The AI is unusually smart and adaptive, capable of easily flanking your forces and defenses, using cover and heavy support weapons effectively. The use of a full physics engine really makes this a unique experience. Fighting through european cities with AT guns, tanks and motars results in destroyed buildings and caters. Destroyed vehicle parts and building rubble provide cover, whilst holes blown into the sides of buildings become places from which your infantry can fire. The only problems of note are the high system requirements needed to drive the fantastic visuals and physics, and the rather low limits placed on the number of units you can have. This is not like C&C - you cannot put hundreds of tanks onto the field and hope to win. At any one time, you may have as many as 6 or 7 tanks and several infantry units. However, this limit does enforce more reliance on strategy rather than spam, and it makes the limited use of the larger (and very tough) Tiger tanks much more enjoyable. Expand
  11. AwaisI.
    Sep 12, 2006
    Company of Heroes, without a doubt is THE definition of an RTS.It combines the excellent sound,visceral,nerve wracking gameplay of Call of Duty 2 with the overhead view of an RTS. The only problem ive had with it is that the system settings a bit too high for those with a low computer. I have a 1.7 Ghz,512 Dual RAM and 64 ATi Radeon Mobile 9200 and COH bogs down alot.But the gameplay is Company of Heroes, without a doubt is THE definition of an RTS.It combines the excellent sound,visceral,nerve wracking gameplay of Call of Duty 2 with the overhead view of an RTS. The only problem ive had with it is that the system settings a bit too high for those with a low computer. I have a 1.7 Ghz,512 Dual RAM and 64 ATi Radeon Mobile 9200 and COH bogs down alot.But the gameplay is soooo good that the graphical problems are ALL forgotten. Company of Heroes,you dont own it...it owns YOU! Expand
  12. BeqirB.
    Sep 16, 2006
    This is a best that I even heard anytime in my life thanks with regard.
  13. JohnW.
    Jan 20, 2007
    I think it's a spectacular game. Graphics, tough AI, intensity of the combat and everything getting blown apart is awesome.
  14. RazLeBoL
    May 15, 2007
    One of the best game I played in ages! And I am not even a fan of the RTS genre. So well done and requires thinking instead of massing units. It encourages usage of your brain instead.
  15. JoshuaA.
    Sep 4, 2007
    The best part about CoH is the attention to detail. Having troops realistically seeking cover, rolling on the ground, having chunks of earth being blown off of the map, it just makes you feel really there.
  16. DerekS.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Amazing graphics, and hours of fun playing time!
  17. RussG
    Oct 6, 2008
    The only strategy game I have every played that actually required thinking over just farming units and blobbing around the map. I have tried many strategy games, but this one is the best. While some people have trouble with the game and rate it poorly, it is because they didn't know how to play the game. This is a game that requires a lot of skill and knowledge before you get good at The only strategy game I have every played that actually required thinking over just farming units and blobbing around the map. I have tried many strategy games, but this one is the best. While some people have trouble with the game and rate it poorly, it is because they didn't know how to play the game. This is a game that requires a lot of skill and knowledge before you get good at it. For example, many people get frustrated when they don't know the controls to drive a vehicles backwards. Also, you can drive a vehicle into a wall to make a place for a machine gun. Buildings and cover can be destroyed completely. The game is the best balance of realism and fun I have ever played in a game. Expand
  18. JesseO.
    Feb 14, 2008
    I actually installed Windows again (I'm a crazy Linux nut) just for this game. It is quite simply the best "RTS" game I've ever played.
  19. IanC
    Jun 10, 2008
    Company of heroes is one of the most enjoyable game I have ever played, and that's without its expansion. The AI is astounding in my opinion, making combat decisions to better keep themselves alive. The cover system is very flexible and interesting, and lastly, the accuracy and presentation of the units in the game is near god-like. I highly recommend purchasing this game!
  20. DickA
    Apr 18, 2009
    CoH pretty much set the standard for RTS games post 2006. At its conception, its mix of intuitive and deep unit cover, intelligent unit AI, a great interface and outstanding graphics blew away previous entries into the genre. CoH was as a big step forward for the genre as Command and Conquer or Dune. It was the perfect mix of gameplay, history and balance. With patches, the game's AI CoH pretty much set the standard for RTS games post 2006. At its conception, its mix of intuitive and deep unit cover, intelligent unit AI, a great interface and outstanding graphics blew away previous entries into the genre. CoH was as a big step forward for the genre as Command and Conquer or Dune. It was the perfect mix of gameplay, history and balance. With patches, the game's AI is now absolutely outstanding, and still features a strong online community. Plenty of variety in maps, built in mission editor, the game simply features everything you could want in an RTS, complete with the expected attention to quality relic can provide. Expand
  21. HenriV.
    Oct 18, 2006
    Best RTS ever played. Inovative gameplay, great graphics and sound. Totally destructible environment ... never seen before. This game is really intense.
  22. ShahrulN.
    Dec 7, 2006
    The very definition of strategy gaming! I have never played an RTS game where I felt so much for my little toy men. Buy it! You will never regret it.
  23. ErnestC.
    Dec 8, 2006
    It may just be the last WW2 RTS game you ever need to play. Any other WW2 game that will come out after this will be undoubtedly compared to COH and fail.
  24. Tt
    Oct 29, 2006
    Best game I've ever played. Very fast paced, especially for an RTS.
  25. JoMamma
    Dec 9, 2006
    Insane Graphics. One of the best games I have ever played. I've had a little trouble with multiplayer and the campaign was a little too short for my liking, but the great level designs and replay value due to the medals earned by completing secondary objectives and the abundant skirmish maps that can be replayed over and over with different outcomes make up for that completely
  26. HenryK.
    Sep 11, 2006
    Certainly most of the innovate RTS games hitting the shelves this year.
  27. CoryP.
    Sep 13, 2006
    Uh, this game is the best RTS in years. period.
  28. JoeMaiz
    Sep 13, 2006
    Simply the best RTS/WW2 game. If you liked the Close Combat series, then you must get CoH. Get attached to your troops as you fight your way thru Europe's battles in WW2. Every unit has a strenght and a weakness, so its a fine balance in every fight. Using the map resources, you use them to create new units and also to upgrade your current ones, such as a flame thrower or throw a Simply the best RTS/WW2 game. If you liked the Close Combat series, then you must get CoH. Get attached to your troops as you fight your way thru Europe's battles in WW2. Every unit has a strenght and a weakness, so its a fine balance in every fight. Using the map resources, you use them to create new units and also to upgrade your current ones, such as a flame thrower or throw a grenade. Graphics are super, as details like wheelmarks, tracers and smoke are amazing. Overall, a well done and a must have for RTS and WW2 fans alike. Expand
  29. Mobius
    Sep 14, 2006
    If you have played Warhammer Dawn of War then you will find that company of heros playes almost excatly the same with the exception of better graphics better atmosfear and better maps.
  30. MartinC.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Best strategy game in many years, I have lately been looking for a good strategy game and this game is that game. It caught me by surprise, it's a real gem. I just finished the first mission and liked the chaotic and realistic feal of the game.

1. Company of Heroes should be on the must-play list of every RTS fanatic out there, even those tired of WWII settings. It's just that good. [Oct. 2006, p.70]
  2. This is the finest WWII strategy game I've played. Hell, I'm having real trouble thinking of any strategy game that's this spectacular, this intense, this fun. [Oct 2006, p.70]
    The transformation from a idyllic little town into a heap of crushed buildings and burned out husks of vehicles can be shocking. Seeing and hearing major explosions that cause bodies (and bits of bodies) to fly across the screen along with rubble from a nearby building simply puts you more into the battle than any RTS in memory.