4.9

1. DonW
    Apr 6, 2009
    The Conflict games were always my favorite and I always looked forward to new ones, until now. Denied Ops is nothing like past Conflict games. In the future I'll have to research any new Conflict games before I purchase them. If there anything like this one I won't be buying anymore.
  2. ChrisB.
    Feb 13, 2008
    This game is not how I expected it to be. The models were horrible and the game play was lame. The only good thing about this game was probably the hit boxed. Other then that this game was bad. I wouldnt pay more then $5.00 for this poorly made game.
  3. ZacharyW.
    Feb 16, 2008
    I not motivated enough to even give a proper review of this terrible game. I uninstalled after about an hour. It is the worst FPS I've played in a long time. It is so outdated in every way that it is annoying.
  4. DaveR.
    Feb 22, 2008
    Absolutely atrocious. Ugly, buggy, generic, uninspired. The developers don't deserve to make their money back on this waste of time. Buy literally anything else instead.
  5. NicholasC
    Apr 27, 2008
    This game is really not that good of a game. If you're going to play this series, stick with an older version like Conflict: Global Terror, which to me seems to have better graphics(sadly) and has 4 player co-op, instead of 2.
  6. JImmyB
    Jun 6, 2008
    If you give this game any more than a 4 you must not have played a single video game since 1995. The graphics are terrible (worse than most games on Playstation 2!!!), there's only 2 usable guns in the entire game, and the game is just plain dumb. The game is trumped in every single way by modern shooters like Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3. Don't even bother getting this game unless If you give this game any more than a 4 you must not have played a single video game since 1995. The graphics are terrible (worse than most games on Playstation 2!!!), there's only 2 usable guns in the entire game, and the game is just plain dumb. The game is trumped in every single way by modern shooters like Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3. Don't even bother getting this game unless it's in the $5 bargain bin. Or just get a Subway sandwich. Expand
  7. ErikM.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Almost unplayable. The game features a poor physics and graphics engine, and virtually no storyline whatsoever. If the opening cutscene with the APC doesnt turn you off, the bizzare, unwieldy controls and half-assed graphics will.
  8. KarlL
    Aug 16, 2008
    There is nothing good about this game. It feels like a bad game from 1998
  9. MahmoodA
    Feb 12, 2009
    This is game made me cry. It is terrible. Please avoid this game even if they give it to you for free.
  10. NowotnikA
    Feb 25, 2009
    Terrible. As already mentioned, the graphics are atrocious. The gameplay is, too. This is the most buggy and boring game I have played in a LONG time. L(
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    Conflict: Denied Ops is a somewhat shaky FPS-shooter that should probably only be played with a very good friend that enjoys spending time on imperfect FPS-games and discussing tactics. In order for this co-operation to be succesful, it is imperative that both players spend at least one mission playing as the character they did not want to play as. It is important that the player playingConflict: Denied Ops is a somewhat shaky FPS-shooter that should probably only be played with a very good friend that enjoys spending time on imperfect FPS-games and discussing tactics. In order for this co-operation to be succesful, it is imperative that both players spend at least one mission playing as the character they did not want to play as. It is important that the player playing Lang (Support gunner) understands just how gimped Graves (The Sniper) is! The graphics are simplistic but decent, reminiscent of earlier Conflict games. Weapon models are well done and enjoyable to look at but unfortunately, there aren't many weapons and you can't loot any either. Graves and Lang are limited to using their own weapons that come with infinite ammo. As missions progress, you'll unlock a missile launcher (Lang), grenade launcher (Lang), masterkey (Graves) and several types of grenades and other gadgets that improve your firearms. The infinite ammo does not break the game but in fact helps it progress smoothly although there are going to be times where you wish the Sniper could just pick up an assault rifle and stop sucking. (Hint: Learn to use the pistol early on!). For some reason, the developers decided that leaning left and right or turning on night-vision should involve inducing motion-sickness in the player. Other than that, the controls are responsive (Although Graves, unlike Lang, spends way too much time readying his firearms whenever they are selected) and terrain can be scaled not by jumping but by climbing onto objects with the help of the space-bar. Unfortunately, that same key houses the melee-attack AND the use key so you might occasionally go ape on a ladder or beat a friendly NPC to death. However, do not despair; this game doesn't care if you fail mission objectives, you'll simply get an alternate ending to the mission. The only way you can lose this game is by getting both operatives killed; once an operative goes down, you can resurrect him by getting close to him and pressing space. (Within 2 minutes and 30 seconds, or else it's game over.). The storyline is your average run-of-the-mill America-goes-in-to-kill-the-undemocratic-dictator-and-saves-the-world and the acting is so bad that it's good. Good scripted events with lots of explosions. They even threw in a few vehicles for you to drive and blow up here and there! The AI might actually surprise you here and there if you're not careful. It has a habit of sneaking up on you and some of the maps are incredibly well designed for that. Cover your buddy's back and stay focused! Expand
  12. JohnD.
    Feb 14, 2008
    Bad game. As in: BAD game. The scope views look like they were made in Paint.If not,then I know I could do a better sight with Paint.The barrels dont explode when you shoot them: Instead they release energy and make a silly jump to the air while spinning always the same way and fall on the ground to explode. With the gas tanks,they fly away,make some sense.But with standard flammable Bad game. As in: BAD game. The scope views look like they were made in Paint.If not,then I know I could do a better sight with Paint.The barrels dont explode when you shoot them: Instead they release energy and make a silly jump to the air while spinning always the same way and fall on the ground to explode. With the gas tanks,they fly away,make some sense.But with standard flammable barrels? Please. The graphics ain't all that much, the weapons are a bit silly (the Desert Eagle is better than many primary firearms,and the secondary fire modes on many weapons are just unwieldy in real life)and enemy AI is crap. Cover system is lame..and what is the camera vision when peeking from cover for? Use the eyes, gee. Nothing special of a game seriously. Expand
  13. ZachW.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Ignore what others say! This is a very good game! It features destructible environments, and the ability to switch between players at any given moment! You can also order your squad member to move somewhere, throw a grenade, take out a certain target, bash open a door for you and, suppressive fire. It features online co-op and game modes. Theres 3 gamemodes. Conquest (like the BF series), Ignore what others say! This is a very good game! It features destructible environments, and the ability to switch between players at any given moment! You can also order your squad member to move somewhere, throw a grenade, take out a certain target, bash open a door for you and, suppressive fire. It features online co-op and game modes. Theres 3 gamemodes. Conquest (like the BF series), deathmath and, team deathmatch. Incase your curious, the commands are very affective. You can tell your squad member to shoot across a place (like left or right) and you cover him. This is many other tactics can be done with these commands. Want your partner to use a certain weapon and kill someone? Yup, he can do that do. The graphics ARE NOT bad. People just say they are! Ignore the bad reviews and buy this game! Expand
  14. KeighleyJ.
    Mar 4, 2008
    simply the worst game i have bought in a while save your money don't buy it its about time the advertising was really like the games themself however my 12 year old son liked the game so its a small reprieve so I gave it 1 ,but where oh where can I offload this game its trade in time!
  15. KyleB
    May 4, 2008
    Gave this game a 2 because I actually got to play Co-op with my brother in MN for a while. That was fun, then, it stopped working on Co-op, nobody in Steam answers forums, and neither does Eidos. Lack of support= *&^%$#@! game. BTW Sins of a Solar Empire will cure that!!!
  16. NathanC.
    Feb 15, 2008
    It sucks. Play something else. If you don't believe me, play the demo. It's on Steam. Buy it and waste 40 bucks. Play the demo and see all that the game has in store.
  17. SB
    Feb 25, 2008
    I think its a great game. No its not Gears, no its not Bio-shock.. Its not Lost Odysey. Its not supposed to be. Its a well made game .I've had no problems so far camera and aiming great. Most books aren't great art. Most movies are crap. This is justa good fun shoot the bad guys and blow up stuff game. Plays crappy on Vista tho ; had to load it onto my old pc. New on is a quad I think its a great game. No its not Gears, no its not Bio-shock.. Its not Lost Odysey. Its not supposed to be. Its a well made game .I've had no problems so far camera and aiming great. Most books aren't great art. Most movies are crap. This is justa good fun shoot the bad guys and blow up stuff game. Plays crappy on Vista tho ; had to load it onto my old pc. New on is a quad core and it is laggy. Expand
  18. ARCHANGELM.
    Feb 29, 2008
    the graphics superior, playability sucked outright,too many keys too little time, I'd place PlayStation one and a side scroller ahead of this,they need to make things simpler,this is a war venture not politics,as its bad enough to use a voting machine then it is to place a ballot on paper and drop it in a box
  19. BucciG.
    Mar 19, 2008
    The graphics are terrible. I'd expect this game to be on PS2, not PS3. The gameplay is awful with no storyline whatsoever. You only have two guns. Don't waste your time, money and effort.
  20. ThomasH
    Dec 25, 2009
    It was alright, wasn't special, but wasn't horrible either, It doesn't seem like the publisher just flew through with it either, the story was lacking, gameplay was decent, nothing spectacular thought. If it is cheap, and you're a little bored, give it a spin. It's not worth 30 or 20, 10 or 5 would be good.
  21. ChadL
    Mar 12, 2009
    love this game. It's intense action makes it a very enjoyable game. I also really liked the cooperative mode!!!
  22. HenmkP.
    Feb 17, 2008
    The quality of the game is perfect, and the gameplay is good, it's just perfect GAME!
  23. ShadowBestS
    Jun 19, 2008
    I just want to bye this game Should i do this? I think co-op here is good.
  24. EriksR.
    Feb 18, 2008
    I really liked the cooperative mode.
  25. Jun 17, 2012
    The graphics and the sounds very bad. No have story. Don't play and don't buy this game, it's only a waste of time.
  26. AnonymousMC
    Feb 13, 2008
    This was the most disgusting piece of shit I have seen. For Eidos to have reasonable graphics in Tomb Raider: Legend/Anniversary, and then put out something that makes you want to kill yourself once you set eyes on it... it's awful. They say it features "Massively Destructible Environments," by which I guess they mean you can break boxes and crates. Whoop de doo. The gameplay alsoThis was the most disgusting piece of shit I have seen. For Eidos to have reasonable graphics in Tomb Raider: Legend/Anniversary, and then put out something that makes you want to kill yourself once you set eyes on it... it's awful. They say it features "Massively Destructible Environments," by which I guess they mean you can break boxes and crates. Whoop de doo. The gameplay also sucked. Your teammate is a retard unless you control him. Your enemies won't fall when hit by a hundred bullets but can kill you with one. Weapons are limited and tedious.

Now, I've only played the demo... but, based on that, I would burn every copy of this shitty game in existence.

Buy this if you're looking for something to hang yourself by. Otherwise, save $40.
  27. May 17, 2012
    Even though I might seem inexperienced at gaming, I really liked this game. There was lots of action and a somewhat decent plot, with annoying cut scenes held to a minimum. The ability to change players at will added some entertainment to the game, especially since each player had different weapons. The only problem I had was with the weapons. Does it really take three hits to kill aEven though I might seem inexperienced at gaming, I really liked this game. There was lots of action and a somewhat decent plot, with annoying cut scenes held to a minimum. The ability to change players at will added some entertainment to the game, especially since each player had different weapons. The only problem I had was with the weapons. Does it really take three hits to kill a tank with an RPG? How many head shots do you need with a sniper rifle to make a kill? Collapse
  28. Oct 27, 2013
    Two really mediocre characters which you can switch between with a game mechanic that feels like it was put together with sellotape and string. I think the kindest thing I can say about this game is that it's visually ok.
  29. May 17, 2012

1. Conflict: Denied Ops goes through the motions of first-person-shootage well, but ultimately feels mechanical and outdated. [Mar 2008, p.102]
  2. If you're a fan of Conflict and/or shooters in general, you're likely to find Denied Ops shallow and dull. The two-man control system doesn't work properly. The visuals are ugly. The script is sub-Armageddon. Yes, it's easy to pick up and play. But if you're after an experience with real challenge and depth, you won't want to.
  3. Surprisingly competent and fun. [Mar 2008, p.76]