5.2

1. Apr 7, 2012
    I can't recommend this game, not at the $40 price tag. It's outdated graphically and the need to constantly rotate the map to see what's going on is annoying. Combat system is OK but most of the skills feel weak and using targeting skills is a hit and miss affair when it comes to clicking on the right target. Overall, this game ISN'T FUN to play at all. If you prefer being frustrated and bored, then this game is for you. Expand
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    I cannot recommend this awful game to anyone who breathes, between the awful path-guiding and the even worse targeting system, this game is a disgrace to humanity, I really wish I could get a refund on this piece of crap. If at least the story was any interesting, but no, yet another generic game. Even though it's less important than the rest, the graphics are goddamn awful as well.
  3. Oct 27, 2013
    Characters I didn't care about wandering about in a world I don't believe in. Much like reality TV really. Yeah, it tries to be an updated old school RPG but it feel more like a poor strategy game set in an ill thought out world with bad voice acting. I really wanted to like this more but didn't.
  4. Oct 25, 2013
    Found this overall to be a fairly average game. While the graphics and actual setting are solid enough the average skill use and game play is poor at times and the very bad optimization means this game feel as though it is always labouring and never feels smooth.

Give it a miss.
  5. Oct 15, 2013
    The Positive: From what I saw it had a cool basis for a decent story and original and cool sounding names.

The Negative: Almost everything else. The graphics are plain and dated looking. The maps are just a dull excuse to walk from point A to point B fighting a limited variety of baddies over and over again in order to get XP. Points where just a few lines of voice acting would have
    sufficed to get a plot point or idea across are instead filled with excessive text.

Pathfinding is terrible often leading the one character you're trying to save to walk into the enemy or get trapped behind one of your one characters. The combat skills are slow to respond making timing in combat awkward at best. I found it very difficult to stick with this game beyond the first few levels. What could have been an enjoyable game and idea ended up being an ordeal brought about overcoming the very fundamental mechanics that the game is based on. At the current Steam price of $20 this game is sadly overpriced.

1. Jul 31, 2012
    Confrontation's potentially brightest feature – combat system – turned out to be abysmal and the game has nothing else to offer. [September 2012, p.56]
  2. May 30, 2012
    A monotonous attempt to relive the glory days of RPG combat. [June 2012, p.62]
  3. May 28, 2012
    Cyanide Studios used a low-budget production to bring a relatively unknown setting to our PCs. Unfortunately, the effort failed. Any good ideas were lost in repetition and underperformance. The script is a messy mix; the logic behind it is "pour as many components from the Aarklash setting as possible into a cauldron and cook it", but the result is something rather tasteless. [June 2012]