5.3

1. Apr 10, 2012
    A real good solid game. Strong game mechanics. The pathfind is definetely a problem but in the end you learn to deal with it. It's old school which works very well for me. The universe and mix of characters is really great.
  2. Apr 6, 2012
    With Cyanide and Focus, it seemed this could mean a new era for the concept and could even resurrect the franchise. -So here is where my review starts- To me it didnâ
  3. Apr 7, 2012
    I can't recommend this game, not at the $40 price tag. It's outdated graphically and the need to constantly rotate the map to see what's going on is annoying. Combat system is OK but most of the skills feel weak and using targeting skills is a hit and miss affair when it comes to clicking on the right target. Overall, this game ISN'T FUN to play at all. If you prefer being frustrated and bored, then this game is for you. Expand
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    I cannot recommend this awful game to anyone who breathes, between the awful path-guiding and the even worse targeting system, this game is a disgrace to humanity, I really wish I could get a refund on this piece of crap. If at least the story was any interesting, but no, yet another generic game. Even though it's less important than the rest, the graphics are goddamn awful as well.
  5. Oct 27, 2013
    Characters I didn't care about wandering about in a world I don't believe in. Much like reality TV really. Yeah, it tries to be an updated old school RPG but it feel more like a poor strategy game set in an ill thought out world with bad voice acting. I really wanted to like this more but didn't.
  6. Apr 23, 2012
    Post patch the pathfinding isn't as big of a problem- you can hit enemies from over your own teammates shoulders. Also the targetting issues don't matter so much seen as you can pause the action. Still, considering the bad reviews you would expect a price reduction soon so even if you like tactical rpg combat- and this is probably the best you'll find in that department- I'd wait for that, or maybe a "gold" edition with campaigns for the other factions.

The game is also a lot easier now. Enemies seem to do less damage and hit less often but I suppose you can play on hard mode if you want the challenge it was previously on normal.
  7. Oct 25, 2013
    Found this overall to be a fairly average game. While the graphics and actual setting are solid enough the average skill use and game play is poor at times and the very bad optimization means this game feel as though it is always labouring and never feels smooth.

Give it a miss.
  8. Oct 22, 2013
    I bought this game for $1 on Humble Bundle 10/15/13. This review is based on the game fully updated.

Lets start off saying that this game really seemed nice when I first started playing it. Like an updated Baulder's gate with a smaller party. Sadly this game just doesn't do it for me the way some of the older games of the genre did. First of all this game lacks co-op. It would have been
    so much better playing with my bro in this game. Secondly the characters are static, with only one or two weapons and a max of six skills. The item/weapon/armor system is creative, yet left me wanting. No new weapons or armor, instead you could add a passive skill to one of your current weapon sets. While this seemed original, after a while I grew bored of the same of weapons, and the same old armor looks. Path finding and targeting are rough, but manageable, but the real letdown is that there is simply no treasure. The most you will ever find in a chest is some bandages..... On top of that you duel wield char only gets one pistol, but two swords..... Why not two pistols as well? All in all it is a mediocre game. I applaud the attempt, yet shake my head at the execution. GFX are pretty good, story is So-So, music is not rememberable. 4.9/10 Expand
  9. Apr 28, 2013
    Gameplay is a bit like managing a mmorpg party of 4 in a dungeon. You manage agro and decide when and were to use skills etc. for the entire group (real-time combat with pause). Graphics and sound are good enough. In short I found it worth playing so far.
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    The Positive: From what I saw it had a cool basis for a decent story and original and cool sounding names.

The Negative: Almost everything else. The graphics are plain and dated looking. The maps are just a dull excuse to walk from point A to point B fighting a limited variety of baddies over and over again in order to get XP. Points where just a few lines of voice acting would have
    sufficed to get a plot point or idea across are instead filled with excessive text.

Pathfinding is terrible often leading the one character you're trying to save to walk into the enemy or get trapped behind one of your one characters. The combat skills are slow to respond making timing in combat awkward at best. I found it very difficult to stick with this game beyond the first few levels. What could have been an enjoyable game and idea ended up being an ordeal brought about overcoming the very fundamental mechanics that the game is based on. At the current Steam price of $20 this game is sadly overpriced.

1. Jul 31, 2012
    Confrontation's potentially brightest feature – combat system – turned out to be abysmal and the game has nothing else to offer. [September 2012, p.56]
  2. May 30, 2012
    A monotonous attempt to relive the glory days of RPG combat. [June 2012, p.62]
  3. May 28, 2012
    Cyanide Studios used a low-budget production to bring a relatively unknown setting to our PCs. Unfortunately, the effort failed. Any good ideas were lost in repetition and underperformance. The script is a messy mix; the logic behind it is "pour as many components from the Aarklash setting as possible into a cauldron and cook it", but the result is something rather tasteless. [June 2012]