7.1

1. May 24, 2012
    Great game. Random worlds and very different character classes give great replayability. You should try out Dominions 3 too which is the more serious strategy game.
  2. Oct 1, 2013
    Fantastic Area Control Tactical RPG game in the vein of Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Graphics are from a far earlier era. Many game mechanics will seem unfamiliar at first. Provides an amusing challenge if you like roam around summoning magic-users to head up armies of strange creatures.
  3. Dec 18, 2013
    If you want Nethack as a strategy look no further. This is just as absurdly difficult and in depth. It has an excellent level of replayability and good multiplayer functionality. I don't think it's for everyone however.
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    Another great Illwinter game. Another one that will last years on my machine.
    Also another that will get hard reviews because it takes quite awhile to see the full joy in the game.
    Another great Illwinter game. Another one that will last years on my machine.

TIP: wandering dwarfs like mines, wandering troops or brigands attack towns, wandering animals like ancient forests. Wandering animals dont attack towns but they can wander into them. So dont leave your home town without first checking out the random sizes of groups in the area, and leave enough troops behind accordingly.

Also before deciding about the game be sure to play Team mode. Even allying with the AI can be a great game. Dont choose nations that want the same resources or the AI will steal from you (like a player). Choose different resource needs and you can work off of each other quite nicely (even doing things in each others towns)

I did rate it less than fantastic though because the multiplayer kindof sucks. But their other game Dominions 3 is great for MP and sucks for solo, this is the reverse. Nice going Illwinter.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. May 30, 2012
    A strangely serene and evocative game, lying somewhere between strategy and chaos. For the resourceful and imaginative player. [June 2012, p.54]
  2. Feb 23, 2012
    I don't mind in the least the game's modest production values, but I do wish that Illwinter was more hip to certain modern game design principles, like how to play us out of a game.