Cossacks: Back to War PC

8.9

1. Sep 12, 2010
    I am so Glad they baught this out on steam for a nice price, this game can provide some of the most enjoyable Network games of all time. Sure they can take a long time somtimes but this just makes it that much more fun. To many games today are focused on paper scissor stone style of play, cossacks gives much more than this. Its getting on a bit now but i can over look the graphics as theI am so Glad they baught this out on steam for a nice price, this game can provide some of the most enjoyable Network games of all time. Sure they can take a long time somtimes but this just makes it that much more fun. To many games today are focused on paper scissor stone style of play, cossacks gives much more than this. Its getting on a bit now but i can over look the graphics as the game is still as fun as it was when i was back in college. Expand
  2. BasT.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Its a good strategic game!
  3. Mar 9, 2012
    This game is a must have for anyone who loves the Age of Empires series and just great RTS in general. This game doesn't use any fancy graphics engine but it does feature some great artistic presentation that paints a colorful picture. First of all the ability to chose from a giant variety of nations is amazing. Every nation has its strengths and weaknesses. Ex. Chinese start out with moreThis game is a must have for anyone who loves the Age of Empires series and just great RTS in general. This game doesn't use any fancy graphics engine but it does feature some great artistic presentation that paints a colorful picture. First of all the ability to chose from a giant variety of nations is amazing. Every nation has its strengths and weaknesses. Ex. Chinese start out with more peasants and have a better economy regulation, while Ukraine excels at firearms and cavalry, but lacks any cold steel infantry. So playing a different nation every time will give you a totally different feel. Sound effects are top notch in this game, ranging from atmospheric distant and close cannon fire, to nature sounds, to soldiers dying on a battlefield. There are a ton of factors that make this game superb so I won't bother mentioning them all. One last and important aspect that I will mention is the ability to literally control THOUSANDS of units at once. Imagine Age of Empires roids. That quality definitely adds an epic feel to the battles.
    I probably put over a 1,000 hours into this game when it first came out back in 2001 (no exaggeration), that how much replayability it has. I was feeling nostalgic lately so decided to pick it up on Steam and give it a try once more.
  4. ThijsK.
    Jul 6, 2004
    Great game, but boring after a while.
  5. AlexK.
    Dec 15, 2003
    I play this game all the time on my home network with my brothers and dad. As of right know we have played one game for 14 hours.
  6. EmilG.
    Mar 27, 2003
    The Best.
  7. MOTAZF.
    May 4, 2003
    Da best.
  8. julesv
    Nov 17, 2005
    an 9 yeah..... couse when complete the tutorial i dont can play the campaigns or other missions there are only standart missions and tutorial .... bah!
  9. Jul 9, 2011
    My first strategy. And, i think, the best. There is no any trash in this game. All, what you got, you use. The best in this game is economy part. You nothing if your army don't have secure rear.
  10. Aug 13, 2013
    Even if i play this game ever, and maps are the same, i cannot stay away from it and i enjoy every new battle or map that i start; is a very well strategy game that will take you, with a simple way, into fun!
  11. Apr 20, 2016
    You can buy it on steam for only 5$ ! I love this game ! probably the best game of strategie I never saw ! There is a mode Edit/multiplayer/campaign and you can do anything you wan't ! :D

1. Computer Games Magazine
    Really just a glorified scenario collector. [Mar 2003, p.85]
    The fact that there isn't anything significantly new on offer and the fact that there is no scripted campaign to keep you interested from mission to mission is a serious problem.
  3. The game also has fairly low requirements so will happily run on older systems.