7.4

1. Apr 18, 2012
    One of the biggest disappointments of my gaming life. While not a terrible game in it self, after the relatively good cossacks 1, I was expecting so much more, particularly in terms of LAN gaming and AI. The engine is dated, the maps small... I was converted over to the "Total War" series after this.
  2. May 2, 2014
    Cossacks II "killed" the series and anything that had to do with it, after the fabulous start of Cossacks: European wars, it managed to destroy what it's predecessor succeeded at: big maps, with thousands of troops, battle oriented but with an important role of developing the economy yourself, sea battles, technology playing a role in the game etc. Everything I just wrote was destroyed and thus it killed the Cossacks series, and for that it gets a deserving 0, not worth more than 2 euros/dollars and only for the nostalgic-sado-masochists that love Cossacks and want to try out Cossacks II. Expand

1. Using diplomacy as the first line for your empire expansion adds a nice twist to the usual RTS.
  2. A curious mix. Some undeniably strong and distinctive pieces of game design, tarnished by some elementary errors, such as the lack of a decent training program or real in-game help.
    I would go so far as to say that this game has the best micromanagement system in any RTS. The options were sufficient to attract gamers from a fairly wide spectrum, and the graphics, considering the scale of the game, were incredible.