8.8

1. Dec 14, 2012
    Counter Strike: Condition Zero is a good version of Counter Strike. The graphics are essentially higher than Counter Strike, and and the 3-D models are changed. It would be good for FPS players but no for CS fans.
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    This is my Favorite game nice game weapon from 1.6 well the map is trully normal thats fine i like de dust,de italy,de aztec but the hard in this is a bot because bot didnt help us to defuse the and always says "its all up to you sir its all up to you" but if we died the bot Forgot the Defusal Kit well its interesting if play this game or 1.6
  3. Aug 9, 2013
    I know this was meant to be a Counter-Strike game with a proper single player experience, but sadly, development hell made that very hard. However, you still get a game with a nice little multiplayer like single player experience, which sadly is a bit repetitive. The multiplayer component hasn't got anything wrong, but still, it is just Counter-Strike with a little bit better graphics.
  4. JakobR
    Nov 11, 2009
    Counterstrike has never really been my favourite shooting game, but it is awesome i must say. After some time i felt that the game got boring, and i have never been able to understand why this is "the" shooting game. The only reason i have not deleted this game from my steam list is because of the zombie mod. It is really epic, and probably the best thing you get in this game.
  5. FrederickS.
    Jun 30, 2006
    The version Gearbox was working on looked alot better. They should have just completed that rather than scrap it and start again. It would have been out sooner and more than likely would have been a stronger game.
  6. NoThing
    Jul 2, 2008
    Not a good game, just CS 1.6 with bots. Deleted Scenes ( comes with it ) is a much better game. I don't see why valve chose this version for the final.
  7. AiYo
    May 6, 2006
    I love this game, but my dsl line is lag... maybe my line not stable.. :P
  8. CarstenJ.
    Jul 3, 2006
    The Graphic is not the best, the weapon- and model skins are nice and its easy to shot headys !!! But many bugs and always the cheater.
  9. MattT
    Sep 9, 2008
    Not the best, maybe for slower/older computers, Source is slightly better. 1.6 is more advisable.
  10. AndyL.
    May 4, 2004
    The result of a brilliant mod (best ever?) degenerated iby commercialism. CS is all about multiplayer, always has and always will be.
  11. EliasO.
    Oct 8, 2006
    This is a very fun game, I have enjoyed it alot, but if you're a hardcore Counter-Strike junkie already, this aint your game, but if you're kinda bored, but still looking into something like Counter-Strike, this is your game. It's fresh, new, and fun, for example hostages will run away on their own if you don't guard them.
  12. WinE.
    May 21, 2006
    Very poor. Frankly, the bots suck, and the new CS:Z player models are no improvement on the old CS models. The arctic model was ruined completely! I'll never forgive them.
  13. lUKEF.
    Jan 22, 2007
    I like the remaping. But the BOT with the ridiculous headshots. Got AIMBOT? I can't even imagine what the last set of missions are.
  14. V-Man
    Jun 26, 2007
    A potentially great game but it's really just a better version of Counter Strike, with a sad attempt at a singleplayer game. I honestley would give this a 7 but the community for the multiplayer portion of the game is what ruined the first counter strike, and it still remains in this game.
  15. MikeR.
    Jun 27, 2007
    While the single player campaign is utterly awful (comparable to a poorly thought out amateur mod) as is the single player mode (play regular game against only bots to unlock maps you can already play online, oh boy!), it is a good update for players with older computers or who don't like source. Especially considering the price.
  16. JoshS.
    Aug 29, 2004
    This game is ok but the only thing good about it is some new graphics. the 1 player mode is a joke because the bots just stand there. overall this game is only good if you really love updated models and guns.
  17. TeeT.
    Aug 11, 2006
    great graphics, but when teammate follows you it's alaway in front when u shoot or it never shoot unless your dead and then it gets kill, all the time they dont look in all directions.
  18. Kotaro
    Jun 18, 2009
    Thats a cool game, the normal CS with some nicer graphics, but i still prefer the old 1.6 With the "deleted scenes" you can play a little but the enemies are really dumb. Finnaly you have missions. Like... real "counter-terrorrists". Its good to check it out. BTW Multiplayer is better
  19. Nov 12, 2010
    When I first got on Steam, I was looking for a nice, cheap game. That game was Counter Strike. I purchased it, and looked at my new addition to my library...but wait! There are three games here! "Oh well, I guess Steam %&*!ed up again, only this time, for better", but no, there was no error. I got three games for the price of one! I opened this strange addition "Condition Zero," it wasWhen I first got on Steam, I was looking for a nice, cheap game. That game was Counter Strike. I purchased it, and looked at my new addition to my library...but wait! There are three games here! "Oh well, I guess Steam %&*!ed up again, only this time, for better", but no, there was no error. I got three games for the price of one! I opened this strange addition "Condition Zero," it was called, and was happy to see that it was basically CS with a 1P mode attached. GREAT! I played through some missions and found the AI to be smart, but still glitchy. Graphics...badish. Sound? HAHAHAHAHAH! Overall, this game survives on the same thing "Wii Anything" survives on, fun. Ironically, games arn't all about fun, so...medium score. Expand
  20. Dec 7, 2013
    There are 2 games with the same name:One where you can buy bots and unlock maps and one with a linear singleplayer mode. Since the original one(and that was released on 23 March 2004) is the one with the singleplayer campagin I'll review this one. The game is well designed for 2004 altough it could be better.The textures,weapons and some character models have been replaced so It would lookThere are 2 games with the same name:One where you can buy bots and unlock maps and one with a linear singleplayer mode. Since the original one(and that was released on 23 March 2004) is the one with the singleplayer campagin I'll review this one. The game is well designed for 2004 altough it could be better.The textures,weapons and some character models have been replaced so It would look better than CS 1.6 The game is fairily easy,you can finish this game in only a day or two because the level are kinda short and the terrorist don't take any resistance except for 1-3 missions. The scripting in some places is missing for example If a tank would break in,your teammates would just sit in the open. If you don't know what to play and wanna shoot something,this game is for you. If you have better games,don't buy it. Expand
  21. Oct 3, 2014
    Counter Strike Condition Zero Deleted Scenes is very good, the single player campaign is awesome and you can take action all around the world, it's like half life, strong argument and action, from saving hostages in a embassy, to defusing bombs of just sneak and use the fiber optic cable, so much fun with this game, new tools, new weapons, and a whole new levels and experience, someCounter Strike Condition Zero Deleted Scenes is very good, the single player campaign is awesome and you can take action all around the world, it's like half life, strong argument and action, from saving hostages in a embassy, to defusing bombs of just sneak and use the fiber optic cable, so much fun with this game, new tools, new weapons, and a whole new levels and experience, some weapons design are even better than the original counter strike. This game is far from perfect, the enemy IA is not the best, but the simplicity of the effects is all you need, this game is enjoyable, and i recommend it without a doubt. Hope soon we can see some new single layer Counter Strike. Expand
  22. May 19, 2015
    Counter Strike Condition Zero is an update can say. The game does not bring great improvements, but, however, is a Counter Strike .

1. Game Informer
    The problem is that neither the physics nor the graphics have aged particularly well; if you're looking for a next-gen FPS, this is not it. It is, however, a decent update to one of the best titles of yesterday. [Apr 2004, p.108]
  2. Counter-Strike: Condition Zero only gets its score because of the multiplayer, and if you’re after this for anything other than a visual tweak and a disc filled with Half-Life 2 videos, you’d be best off not bothering at all.
    It certainly doesn't do enough to compete with today's shooters and the fact that much of the game is already available in another format makes this version seem a bit redundant.