8.8

1. Oct 23, 2010
    Not as good as the original and the story mode is very dull. A nice update for the hardcore fans but not much else here. I don't think anyone but the hardcore really got into this one.
  2. Dec 18, 2010
    Still great ! ! ! ...... Good game ! ! !
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    Counter Strike: Condition Zero is a good version of Counter Strike. The graphics are essentially higher than Counter Strike, and and the 3-D models are changed. It would be good for FPS players but no for CS fans.
  4. Jun 1, 2013
    Better than 1.6 in many ways.
  5. Nov 12, 2010
    When I first got on Steam, I was looking for a nice, cheap game. That game was Counter Strike. I purchased it, and looked at my new addition to my library...but wait! There are three games here! "Oh well, I guess Steam %&*!ed up again, only this time, for better", but no, there was no error. I got three games for the price of one! I opened this strange addition "Condition Zero," it was called, and was happy to see that it was basically CS with a 1P mode attached. GREAT! I played through some missions and found the AI to be smart, but still glitchy. Graphics...badish. Sound? HAHAHAHAHAH! Overall, this game survives on the same thing "Wii Anything" survives on, fun. Ironically, games arn't all about fun, so...medium score. Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2013
    Yeah, I don't get the point of this.. Lets have a really poor storyline and tack it onto the most popular multiplayer shooter at the time and then make it single player.... er... What were you thinking. If you want single player counterstrike grab the bots. If there had been a really good storyline attached I could have seen a reason for the release of this.
  7. Dec 30, 2011
    This is my second favorite counter-strike (behind Counter-Strike: Source) because of the missions you can undertake in the actual game and the deleted scenes. Besides these additions it is just counter-strike at it's core.
  8. Aug 8, 2012
    I quite enjoy the concept of a single player experience in Counter Strike, and i enjoy Condition Zero. Its not a mind-blowing adaptation to the series, but its fun for people who are looking for a more casual, solitary, Counter Strike experience.
  9. Aug 12, 2012
    omg the mp-map-singleplayer is a joke, the own bots fakk me with grenades and from hard my stupid bots are too stupid to make kills. ok its a old game but this is only sad
  10. Aug 15, 2012
    Something I had dreamed of being able to play before it was released, being able to apply my CS skills in a singleplayer campaign! Sadly the new weapon and player models along with new sounds make it feel like a separate title. Without the CS context, it's a basic run and shoot experience, a dull version of Blue Shift or Opposing Force with no puzzles. Although having no outstanding qualities, It does manage to entertain as the campaign reaches a climatic end. Expand
  11. Dec 15, 2012
    They put a story mode to a great game that is not boring. The multiplayer is pretty much the same except that there are more players and new maps. The graphic quality is good for a game of that time and the sound of guns is not realistic enough
  12. Mar 27, 2013
    This is my Favorite game nice game weapon from 1.6 well the map is trully normal thats fine i like de dust,de italy,de aztec but the hard in this is a bot because bot didnt help us to defuse the and always says "its all up to you sir its all up to you" but if we died the bot Forgot the Defusal Kit well its interesting if play this game or 1.6
  13. Ndi
    May 3, 2013
    I loved this game. In a game where you spawn, kill, repeat what it needs is goals, a mini story and something to strive for. This is how it's done.

I hate the others that think achievements motivate people. THIS is how you do it. And that's why, Valve, this game is a 9 and CS:GO is 7. Keep taking tips for "pro" gamers, it's working well.
  14. Sep 16, 2013
    This game is pretty fun to play may not be the same as the original but still its something. Plus you can do offline missions with bots so if your internet is down and you want to play counter strike offline to fill the time condition zero is for you.
  15. Aug 9, 2013
    I know this was meant to be a Counter-Strike game with a proper single player experience, but sadly, development hell made that very hard. However, you still get a game with a nice little multiplayer like single player experience, which sadly is a bit repetitive. The multiplayer component hasn't got anything wrong, but still, it is just Counter-Strike with a little bit better graphics.
  16. Dec 7, 2013
    There are 2 games with the same name:One where you can buy bots and unlock maps and one with a linear singleplayer mode. Since the original one(and that was released on 23 March 2004) is the one with the singleplayer campagin I'll review this one. The game is well designed for 2004 altough it could be better.The textures,weapons and some character models have been replaced so It would look better than CS 1.6 The game is fairily easy,you can finish this game in only a day or two because the level are kinda short and the terrorist don't take any resistance except for 1-3 missions. The scripting in some places is missing for example If a tank would break in,your teammates would just sit in the open. If you don't know what to play and wanna shoot something,this game is for you. If you have better games,don't buy it. Expand

1. The problem is that neither the physics nor the graphics have aged particularly well; if you're looking for a next-gen FPS, this is not it. It is, however, a decent update to one of the best titles of yesterday. [Apr 2004, p.108]
  2. Counter-Strike: Condition Zero only gets its score because of the multiplayer, and if you’re after this for anything other than a visual tweak and a disc filled with Half-Life 2 videos, you’d be best off not bothering at all.
    It certainly doesn't do enough to compete with today's shooters and the fact that much of the game is already available in another format makes this version seem a bit redundant.