7.7

1. Aug 24, 2012
    After all the pressure from my friends and co-workers to get on CS I gave the pre-order a try. I'm not overly impressed. A good game for those with very short attention spans. Maps are tiny and exactly the same as previous games. Casual games are usually filled with 2 or 3 players who are insanely good and the rest are just canon fodder. No real way to compete with the best players.After all the pressure from my friends and co-workers to get on CS I gave the pre-order a try. I'm not overly impressed. A good game for those with very short attention spans. Maps are tiny and exactly the same as previous games. Casual games are usually filled with 2 or 3 players who are insanely good and the rest are just canon fodder. No real way to compete with the best players. Lacks any kind of single player element or even objective goals. Sure there are hostages to rescue and bombs to plant but no one ever does that. Also spawn camping in Arms Race is too easy and the regular modes are one death and game over per round. Pretty boring. Waste of 15 bucks IMO. Expand
  2. Aug 23, 2012
    This is basically CS: Source with less features (no sprays, no flashlights, not many graphic options....) and worse graphics. Graphics are worse because they added way too much bloom and fog and all that crap that makes you see less and you cant turn it off. The game is cheaper then CS: Source because it is worse then CS: Source. If you already have source you are basically throwing 15$/10
  3. Sep 1, 2012
    The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also,The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also, adding bloom to everything does not equate to better graphics. Simply replacing textures in Counterstrike Source with high-res ones will make an older game look better than this one.

Onto gameplay, very bad. Hit detection is bad, gun balance is not there, hitboxes seem to not work often enough. The radial buy menu is horrid for quick navigation and a total time waster. I played on low-ping servers but have to say this game took the lessons learned from Counterstrike Source then threw them away and done enough things different for only the sake of change. The maps are proof of this, they are either the same but with bloom added to hurt your eyes or they are worse with little changes meant to spice things up but actually tone things down.

Many people who never played CS 1.6 or CS:S before will probably find this game alright at $15, I find it a waste of $15. Put the money to something better, catch BF3 on sale at $30 and you will get much much more. This game is shaping up to be a failure and echoes of the beta show a team that only patches the game for sake of keeping up appearances.
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    The game is only half complete. I will speak from a casual and competitive side of the game.

First the casual side. The game was suppose to come out with a zombie mode. They decided to early release the game and put in zombie mode later. The lack of flashlight. The lack of tagging/flinching makes newbie/casual players unable to out smart a professional gamer with perfect aim. This results in a game where aim > placement, position, and strategy.

The competitive side. The game sound is impossible to pinpoint exact player location. The lack of tagging and flinching. The money reward is messed up. $900 per p90/shotgun kill. Only receiving $50 for awp kills.

Overall a lot of the community was ignored on the forum. They pushed a game out that wasn't complete. A huge disappointment for a 1.6 player. The game is still definitely an improvement over source.
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    This game suffers from a few fatal flaws.

1) No ironsights. Yes, I know it's a "feature" of the CS brand. But it's dumb. 2) Headshots or bust. They might as well just make all the player models a floating head. There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle. Giving an advantage for headshots is to be expected
    This game suffers from a few fatal flaws.

1) No ironsights. Yes, I know it's a "feature" of the CS brand. But it's dumb.

2) Headshots or bust. They might as well just make all the player models a floating head. There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle. Giving an advantage for headshots is to be expected -- but the gap shouldn't be this big. 3) Hit reg. It's terrible. Obvious hits will do zero damage at times. I'll probably keep playing for a bit, but I don't see long term viability here. The things I listed above are just way too annoying for me to enjoy this for too long.
  6. Aug 25, 2012
    I play CS online since 1.3 after the release of CS:S i thought it cant getting worse, but here it comes.. CS:GO. This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod. Its like NFS:Shift or OPF:DragonRising. All this games have on togehter, they failed to be continuation of the old game. If they named into 'Global Offensive' thats ok, but please dont call it Counter-Strike.I play CS online since 1.3 after the release of CS:S i thought it cant getting worse, but here it comes.. CS:GO. This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod. Its like NFS:Shift or OPF:DragonRising. All this games have on togehter, they failed to be continuation of the old game. If they named into 'Global Offensive' thats ok, but please dont call it Counter-Strike. Everone who said CS:COD is absolutly right. Expand
  7. Jan 7, 2017
    If you want the most frustrating experience of your entire life , you should start playing CS:GO , don't get me wrong the ideea and the graphics are good , but , the developers dosen't give a flying **** about the community , how it is possible for smaller companies , indie developers and soo on , to listen to the needs of the players , but a 3.5 billion $ company can't , because theyIf you want the most frustrating experience of your entire life , you should start playing CS:GO , don't get me wrong the ideea and the graphics are good , but , the developers dosen't give a flying **** about the community , how it is possible for smaller companies , indie developers and soo on , to listen to the needs of the players , but a 3.5 billion $ company can't , because they don;t give a shiit, about us ,that's why , they only care about the money. Expand
  8. Apr 1, 2017
    Terrible game, ugly graphics, gameplay of 20th century, ugly soundtrack, hackers, toxic community and Valve wanting to profit for every **** in this game. Worst purchase of my life.
  9. May 24, 2017
    This game is complete overrated garbage with a toxic fan base that would sell their kidneys for skins if they had the chance to . I do not recommend playing this game unless you're a fan of bland shooters that get boring after a week.
  10. Jul 11, 2017
    A terrible game, seriously there is nothing good in it. The community is toxic, servers are full of screaming kids, manchildren and other people of questionable IQ. Gameplay is mediocre and lacks any originality. Graphics were outdated even when it came out. It also started a stupid trend of buying skins in online games. Seriously, this is one of the worst games I've ever played, it's theA terrible game, seriously there is nothing good in it. The community is toxic, servers are full of screaming kids, manchildren and other people of questionable IQ. Gameplay is mediocre and lacks any originality. Graphics were outdated even when it came out. It also started a stupid trend of buying skins in online games. Seriously, this is one of the worst games I've ever played, it's the most basic shooter there is. Do yourself a favor and play a good FPS like Halo 3 or CoD 4. Expand
  11. Mar 29, 2017
    I dont know why in first rewiew I rate it in 7/10 and in second rewiew I rate it in 1/10, I want to rewrite review and talk all pluses (in this game there isn't pluses) and minus (in this game very many minus). In this game many donat and donat system in this game is **** because you drop your money on cases and keys for cases, on expensive and not beatiful skins and this is skins isn'tI dont know why in first rewiew I rate it in 7/10 and in second rewiew I rate it in 1/10, I want to rewrite review and talk all pluses (in this game there isn't pluses) and minus (in this game very many minus). In this game many donat and donat system in this game is **** because you drop your money on cases and keys for cases, on expensive and not beatiful skins and this is skins isn't deal more damage, this is coloring and most expensive skin in this game is AWP/Dragon Lore, it is very expensive skin, even more expensive than real AWP. In this game very toxic audience and community - many inadequate and unstable students. Graphics is **** 7 years later, but graphics, as in Source and Half Life 2. Many cheaters, this is one of the main minus of this game and in this game awful protection from cheats. Terrible game, **** Expand
  12. Jan 17, 2017
    hujkgyikytkyuoykuykuykyukkyukyujkuykjkyukyukyuikyukykyukjkyukyjkyukyyuyiiuiuiuyyyyyhujkgyikytkyuoykuykuykyukkyukyujkuykjkyukyukyuikyukykyukjkyukyjkyukyyuyiiuiuiuyyyyy hujkgyikytkyuoykuykuykyukkyukyujkuykjkyukyukyuikyukykyukjkyukyjkyukyyuyiiuiuiuyyyyyhujkgyikytkyuoykuykuykyukkyukyujkuykjkyukyukyuikyukykyukjkyukyjkyukyyuyiiuiuiuyyyyyhujkgyikytkyuoykuykuykyukkyukyujkuykjkyukyukyuikyukykyukjkyukyjkyukyyuyiiuiuiuyyyyyhujkgyikytkyuoykuykuykyukkyukyujkuykjkyukyukyuikyukykyukjkyukyjkyukyyuyiiuiuiuyyyyyhujkgyikytkyuoykuykuykyukkyukyujkuykjkyukyukyuikyukykyukjkyukyjkyukyyuyiiuiuiuyyyyyhujkgyikytkyuoykuykuykyukkyukyujkuykjkyukyukyuikyukykyukjkyukyjkyukyyuyiiuiuiuyyyyy Expand
  13. May 16, 2016
    Cheaters, terrible servers (EU players forced to play with Russians etc.) and overall a pretty mediocre shooter game. You would expect better from Valve.
  14. Apr 19, 2017
    Play with a bunch of kids who won't say the things they say in chat in real life, Matchmaking with people who lag like crazy, or quit. Guns are crazy inaccurate, anybody that has ever shot a gun would know a bullet goes straight out of a barrel, only game i seen where you can point blank shoot someone and miss, even with a shotgun. Give it a 0 because i never want to play it again
  15. Feb 27, 2015
    This for me is not only the worst fps game I've ever played but quite possibly could be the worst game I've ever played in general. I don't even know where to start with the amount of problems that exist in it. The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable. The skill curve in comparison to past counter strikes is far lower. I constantlyThis for me is not only the worst fps game I've ever played but quite possibly could be the worst game I've ever played in general. I don't even know where to start with the amount of problems that exist in it. The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable. The skill curve in comparison to past counter strikes is far lower. I constantly see people running sideways, backwards and forwards while shooting and hitting heads whereas people that sit still and shoot in bursts or tap with their rifles hit 1/3 of their shots. As if that wasn't bad enough but no there's more.. The game is filled with cheaters that plague even the highest ranks of the game. Valve seems happy to allow the game to continually go on sale so that more scumbags can buy new accounts and almost get the game for free because of how ridiculously cheap it already is anyway. People seem to just be allowed to stack accounts to cheat on and get away with it for months at a time before valve actually bans them. They seem to have introduced this overwatch system which quite frankly is totally useless because it gives the people on overwatch almost ZERO responsibility in the end outcome as to whether a person gets banned or not. The guns are totally flawed as well. More often than not I see succesful eco rounds because of how easy it is to wreck someone at mid-close range with a pistol vs rifle. I cannot emphasize enough, please do not buy this game. It quite literally is the biggest disgrace of any fps let alone steam game to have ever been released. I've played several hundred hours of it and just about every concept of the game I am disappointed with. Expand
  16. Jan 16, 2014
    This game suffers from alot of bugs and the optimization does get worse and worse with every patch. (Lower FPS every patch)

The matchmaking servers are filled with cheaters and the servers itself is not good. They have a high variance and a dipping server FPS resulting in a inconsistent experience. It´s a tiny bit more hardcore than Source was but do not give you that nice feeling

It´s a tiny bit more hardcore than Source was but do not give you that nice feeling Counter-Strike 1.6 and lower did when you was younger.

It´s only an O.K game if you play pugs or clan matches.
  17. Oct 26, 2014
    For the amount of time that Counter-Strike has been available it's truly amazing how buggy and sloppy CS:GO is. Game breaking bugs that have been around for years remain unaddressed.
  18. Sep 27, 2014
    Very good game and gameplay. Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. Skins are pretty cool too but some can be very expensive(but cool too). There is also a matchmaking system which needs improvement but is playable.
  19. Jan 27, 2015
    It's globally offensive in the way of micro transactions for customisations the game play is just as bad as any other counter shyiet game.

Weapons have some absurd cone of fire and the models that are meant to represent an action just don't correlate to what is actually happening when the gun model is firing it's a detached game just like the other crapper strikes. Graphically it's

Graphically it's ok but gameplay just sucks
  20. Apr 30, 2015
    A completely overrated FPS, with an outdated concept and lack of content. The game is filled to the brim with 14 year olds, angry Russians and butt hurt no-it-all's. The game has a seemingly cruel way of fleecing money out of you with expensive cosmetic skins. 0-10 DON'T waste your money!
  21. Mar 24, 2016
    The game is well made but is filled with hacker,smurfs, leavers, and griefers that make the game unplayable. You can expect more then Half your matches to have a hacker and the rest to have a leaver or a smurf. Save your money.
  22. May 29, 2016
    Cs go is very bad game. Cases are only for money. Graphic is poor. Many idiots on Youtube think this game is funny and they do opening with are boring.
  23. May 29, 2017
    It's a really good version of Counter-Strike. Probably my favourite! The weapons are far more balanced, there are more reasons to use grenades other then flashbangs and the gameplay on the whole feels more refined! It's still Counter Strike to it's core, but it shows Valve isn't afraid to risk pissing off their fanbase to release a new one. Good Job! - OLD REVIEW -It's a really good version of Counter-Strike. Probably my favourite! The weapons are far more balanced, there are more reasons to use grenades other then flashbangs and the gameplay on the whole feels more refined! It's still Counter Strike to it's core, but it shows Valve isn't afraid to risk pissing off their fanbase to release a new one. Good Job! - OLD REVIEW -
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------
    I had to change my score from 10 to 1... All because of the developers... When you concentrate on making money, and can't invest enough in fighting cheaters, it just makes it pointless for people to waste so much time on the product.... Why I have to pay monthly at site like faceit, to have a better quality server and better quality cheat-protection? This is not a mmorpg... But the devs don't care, VAC is **** many sites offer hacks to be bought that can't be caught by VAC....
    So thank you valve, for letting down one of your greatest games!
  24. Jan 16, 2014
    everything perfect except people cheating playing in many games and not get banned, and I have a network issue and I got banned for 7 days, then another network issue give me another 7 days instead 30 min, 2 hours...
    I playin 25 rounds then my net fall and volvo give me 7 days always..
    fix that **** VOLVO
  25. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is just terrible. What funny thing can you find there? Battlefield is good for graphic and battle with 64 players, Titanfall is interesting because of dynamic, Team Fortress 2 is great of his atmosphere, but there aren't any interesting in CS:Go
  26. May 22, 2013
    For rookies, like myself, the game is almost unplayable. There is barely any skill required from close range besides from spraying (according to my personal experiences) and they will either camp your spawn with a sniper rifle or wait until you come around a corner, and for the new ones among us, that's pretty much all there is to this game. Spawn, get killed, see how accuracy doesn'tFor rookies, like myself, the game is almost unplayable. There is barely any skill required from close range besides from spraying (according to my personal experiences) and they will either camp your spawn with a sniper rifle or wait until you come around a corner, and for the new ones among us, that's pretty much all there is to this game. Spawn, get killed, see how accuracy doesn't matter, and all over. The graphics are very dated, and by far the worst of Valve's source engine. The molotov effects look good, but it simply looks as there was barely any polish. People who say it has the best visuals by far haven't played any other Valve games, like Portal 2 and Dota 2. Expand
  27. Ndi
    May 2, 2013
    Zero innovation. Same maps, same weapons, only weaker, a bit more graphics and bam, new game.

Seriously, this is a minor improvement over Source, one I didn't need. Valve has again caved in to the "pro" gamers (like that's a real sport) and removed all the new features, like reacting to shots. No, the simplest shooter every has made a comeback, with FIRE! But still can't lay down, react to shots, the online gameplay is WORSE as lag plays an even greater role, the bugs have come back, and, frankly, this will never change as long as Valve keeps on letting a few spoiled brats who learned the game by heart dictate how "new" games work.

I'm getting really tired of this. Every new game, the guns are weaker and weaker. Nobody survives 4 shots to the torso with a Desert Eagle. A L96 sniper will still explode you if it clips a wooden box. A salvo from an AK47 or an M16 will put you in a box. This game is going downhill.

I am a long time CS fan and I'm very serious when I say that every new version of CS is less and less fun. From a fast paced CQB game to a "click the head" flash game with better graphics.

And bugs, bugs everywhere. It is unacceptable that in 2013 shooting someone in an online game doesn't "take" because he has lag.
  28. Oct 14, 2013
    Looking on the positive side. This game provides an easy way to find 5v5 matches and a nice UI with different game modes and fun things you can do.
    Updated graphics, weapons and game play not least. This game looked very promising.

However, I can't describe how awful this game is. It involves deep knowledge with the netcode within the game, and it is out of the scope for 99.9% of all people playing this game (and reading this for that matter).
    I can go in detail and explain everything that is wrong, and they still wouldn't understand why Global Offensive is the worst Counter-Strike game yet.

Since the netcode still hasn't been fixed and still has the same flaws GoldSrc (Counter-Strike 1.6) had. I give this 0/10 points since these flaws ruins the entire online experience. That is, the competitive experience. For casuals, this game is fine.
  29. Sep 18, 2013
    Meh. I played CS when it was in Beta and mod in the 90's and played it for years in to Source. This doesn't show any real improvements and appears to be just cashing in on the name. I admit I'm tired of the series but the maps are even still the same. This is one old horse.
  30. May 28, 2013
    A terrible addition to the Counter Strike series. Instead of going forward, Hidden Path Entertaintment decided to go backwards with CS:GO, the same thing they did with the big 2010 CS:S update. Which was a horrible update. It is very unfortunate that this an abomination of a developer gets to work with the greatness that is Valve.

A simple redesigned/graphically updated new Counter

A simple redesigned/graphically updated new Counter Strike (like the leap from 1.6 to Source) with new maps and weapons would have been sufficient but unfortunately they (Hidden Path) decided to add game breaking mechanics, add terrible graphics (it hardly looks better than CS:S, even after 8 years) and other retarded mainstream features. I would even dare to say that this game isn't worthy of a Counter-Strike title. This is coming from a big Valve fan and a long time CS player.

Valve/Hidden Path, please stop ruining the series/your games in general and stick to the old school Counter Strike. The Steam statistics say enough, CS:GO is hardly in the top 10 of most played games, while 1.6 and CS:S were in the top 3 for a very long time (multiple years).
  31. Feb 21, 2014
    Nope. Sorry valve, but as much as it pains me to say this, I don't like this game. Let's get started right away. The hitboxes suck. Like, really bad. It's a known issue but to my knowledge it has not been dealt with yet, which is unacceptable, considering how bad they are. One time I had a famas and I hid next to a crate and 3 guys walked by and I opened fire at their legs and they allNope. Sorry valve, but as much as it pains me to say this, I don't like this game. Let's get started right away. The hitboxes suck. Like, really bad. It's a known issue but to my knowledge it has not been dealt with yet, which is unacceptable, considering how bad they are. One time I had a famas and I hid next to a crate and 3 guys walked by and I opened fire at their legs and they all dropped dead with like 1-2 leg shots each. The new maps are almost all terrible, and the ones that are good are only good when the teams play it properly. The best map is vertigo, which is this 3 level building map. Some of the low points of this map include the fact that when you fall of the side, you die halfway down the decent. Most maps are ugly and alot of them are basically a source map with a few textures and tiny things like trash bins and stuff added in. The game is very shiny, but in a bad way, it's like they wanted it to be playable on 2007 hardware, but also be able to look great on 2012 hardware. The result is a game playable on low hardware, but with terrible graphics even cranked up. Not that anybody plays with bots, but the AI for them sucks anyway. One easy-medium, if they see you they literally point your gun at you and pause for like a half second, and in a game where reflexes win 70% of the battles, its more than enough time to kill them. Some weapons do way to much damage, like the awp. If you shoot a guy in the foot with an awp, it can easily be lethal.

The good point(s) are a few tiny things that don't really matter, but if I'm giving this a 2 it need something, so basically the 2 good points are 1. The fact that if your playing as CT's and you start on vertigo you see the chopper that landed you there take off and 2. the fact that in multiplayer you can't be a one man team (to an extent, honestly if your in the right place with a longer ranged rifle or other weapons that go unusually far, you can pick off like half a team before you get hit in the leg by a lucky smg round that instantly kills you.
  32. Dec 22, 2013
    This game starts by looking ok but after playing it for a while the disappointment is beyond belief. Valve is recycling the Source engine that was outdated when it arrived, the netcode is horrible, they don't give 2 about the community either despite claiming so. There are numerous cheaters on high levels causing matchmaking to be pointless once you reach a certain rank. Their excuse isThis game starts by looking ok but after playing it for a while the disappointment is beyond belief. Valve is recycling the Source engine that was outdated when it arrived, the netcode is horrible, they don't give 2 about the community either despite claiming so. There are numerous cheaters on high levels causing matchmaking to be pointless once you reach a certain rank. Their excuse is that they ban in groups so cheaters won't know what cheat caused it, however this means YOU get to play against cheaters for 1-2 months before they get banned. The server settings are subpar and despite Valve being told this, they won't change it because that would cost them more. The maps are full of useless clutter the designers feel you MUST take part of. When the community made their own maps and removed the clutter so low end PCs could play, Valve removed those maps from the mapcycle. If you want to waste money on a shadow of 1.6 then this is the toilet to buy. I got it on 75% off and still want my money back. Expand
  33. Jul 3, 2014
    I've played cs since 2002 and I must say this is the worst cs I've ever played. Things such as hit detection and anti-cheat valve should have industry standard for but they don't. They have taken out as many if not more features than they have added. They put in things into the game such as weapons skins to pray on the human impulse to buy "shiny rare" garbage. Competitive Match makingI've played cs since 2002 and I must say this is the worst cs I've ever played. Things such as hit detection and anti-cheat valve should have industry standard for but they don't. They have taken out as many if not more features than they have added. They put in things into the game such as weapons skins to pray on the human impulse to buy "shiny rare" garbage. Competitive Match making could have been in cs years ago and its riddled with cheaters, Literally people are paranoid in every match of cheating that they had to create a community watch program to search for cheaters. Pub match making will throw you into a game with 1 person a 30 bots on a random map that no one plays. I could go on about level design, ETC but ill just say this, Putting a little studio like Hidden Path Entertainment to create one of your flagship franchises really shows incompetence. Expand
  34. Nov 19, 2014
    I play CS since CS 1.5 and I still love Counter-Strike.
    But CS: GO is absolute scrap. I think I play a mix of CoD, BF and CS. And not at all. The only thing that is good about the game and keeps the game running, is the matchmaking and the market-place.
    Without the two things that everyone would still play 1.6 and Source.

No thanks, nothing for me.
  35. Sep 14, 2015
    Cs:go is such a good game. The hit detection is great. The spawns are perfect and those maps. there all so good. The best part is the variety of game modes there is and if your board you can play the community servers which has more content then this game ever had.
  36. Dec 7, 2015
    Few things I like in csgo are match making system, grenades and ingame items. Since CZ including there has been no good cs versions. CS:Source and CS:GO is too detailed and ingame feel is awkward. If I would want to play realistic shooters I would go for COD, BF. CS 1.6 is not realistic, it doesn't have realistic graphics, maps are not covered with lots of unnecessary stuff and feel to itFew things I like in csgo are match making system, grenades and ingame items. Since CZ including there has been no good cs versions. CS:Source and CS:GO is too detailed and ingame feel is awkward. If I would want to play realistic shooters I would go for COD, BF. CS 1.6 is not realistic, it doesn't have realistic graphics, maps are not covered with lots of unnecessary stuff and feel to it is fast, simple and smooth. I actually regret buying CS:GO even it was on sale. I suggest VALVE to update 1.6. CS became popular for reasons that it was simple and a bit unrealistic - where you could learn movement, bhop, strafes, double duck, etc. In csgo its pretty much jump, duck, strafe, point and shoot. Even shooting is broken. In old engine you could feel when you hit your enemy. Now you can aim and shoot in the face with no damage. It feels like you throw apples at them. Same for he gren. I hate this game. Never will recomend it to anyone! Expand
  37. Mar 30, 2016
    Counter-Strike USED to be a great game, then they released CS:GO. They took everything in CS that was bad and made it worse, then added more COD **** Rather than improve on the good things that made CS the top FPS for years, they took all the bad things and made them worse, then built around that. Don't waste any time on this piece of **** A real stain on Valve's record. Sad to see theCounter-Strike USED to be a great game, then they released CS:GO. They took everything in CS that was bad and made it worse, then added more COD **** Rather than improve on the good things that made CS the top FPS for years, they took all the bad things and made them worse, then built around that. Don't waste any time on this piece of **** A real stain on Valve's record. Sad to see the once undisputed KING of FPS games fall so far from glory. Expand
  38. Dec 9, 2015
    THey have completely ruined this game with recent patches, now it is too similar to CoD... This was a game that used to be completely about skill and not about running and gunning, however they've completely changed that.
  39. Jun 8, 2016
    Даже не знаю лично мне игра не понравилась вот только не надо поливать меня ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ом это МОЕ МНЕНИЕ.
    Минусы:нет интерактивности карт то есть они не разрушаются,с ними нельзя взаимодействовать .Графика по мойму тут говорить нечего графон ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Sourse уже стар и не может конкурировать даже с Call of duty,тем более с Battlefield'ом.Карты почти не изменились тот же css только чуточку красивей,и кое-что убрано и добавлено.
    Плюсы:киберспорт если вы олично играете в это то создайте команду и на International победите и выиграйте бабла.По мойму все,больше МНЕ игра не чем не приглянулась я так играю с друзьями и все.Моя оценка 4,5/10.P.S.Большинство тех кто это прочитал хотят из♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ить меня, ну так вот я хочу за 449 руб. большего чем ремейк так что вот так.Кстати баллистика в игре ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ец какое ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
  40. Dec 9, 2015
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove revolver ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove revolver ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove revolver ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove revolver ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove revolver ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ remove revolver
  41. Dec 9, 2015
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VOLVO, ROLLBACK PATCH! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
  42. Jan 15, 2016
    Nothing new ... new updates coming only to spend more money and more money on skins... same maps from cs 1.6 ... This game suffers from a few fatal flaws.
  43. Sep 17, 2016
    DON'T LISTEN TO CRITICS, GAME FULL OF CHEATERS!!!!!!

If you don't know what Aimware or Interwebez, in a single game you will know. This game is literally havens for hackers and Valve won't give a $h1t since they problem sells the scubscription for hacks. If your looking for a great game with terrible support and toxic community (thanks yours truly, Valve) then this is a 10 out of 10.
    DON'T LISTEN TO CRITICS, GAME FULL OF CHEATERS!!!!!!

If your looking for a great game with terrible support and toxic community (thanks yours truly, Valve) then this is a 10 out of 10. But if you looking for a game that is fun to play with a better anti cheat systeem stick with BF, atleast the chance of running into a hacker isn't always a stunning 90% chance.

I have literally been in hvh games (hacker vs hackers) and this is common. If your going to play this game make sure you get interwebz or aimware or some good private cheats or else you will have a bad time.
  44. Jan 14, 2017
    Этот обзор будет краток и надеюсь поможет вам воздержаться от покупки этой игры. В самой игре около 1000 часов и я пережил все обновления с начала 2015 года. Игру "убивали" начиная с конца 2015 года. тогда был добавлен револьвер, который у всех вызвал дикий батхерт. Спустя некоторое время его сбалансировали и с облегченьем вздохнули все игроки. Но VALVE начали кормить нас обновлениями иЭтот обзор будет краток и надеюсь поможет вам воздержаться от покупки этой игры. В самой игре около 1000 часов и я пережил все обновления с начала 2015 года. Игру "убивали" начиная с конца 2015 года. тогда был добавлен револьвер, который у всех вызвал дикий батхерт. Спустя некоторое время его сбалансировали и с облегченьем вздохнули все игроки. Но VALVE начали кормить нас обновлениями и операциями с переодичностью раз в месяц, если не в два... Новой операции игроки ждут уже около года, но ее все нет. Игра превратилась просто в отжимание денег. Отвратительно в этой игре все начиная с комьюнити и заканчивая оптимизацией. Советую чуть-чуть поднакопить денег и посмотреть в сторону других хороших проектов. Expand
  45. Jan 1, 2015
    It's like they took CS Source and tried to gear it to the most retarded people alive. It's basically a console version of CS Source. Do not buy this game. Buy CS Source.
  46. Oct 28, 2013
  47. Nov 7, 2013
    Ultra bugged!, this game is almost unplayable. I get banned for weeks of competitive because the servers always kick me. When I get to play for a full hour this game is like a drug xD.
  48. Jan 24, 2015
    Besides describing this game as a true hack-fest, it is the proof that Valve doesn't give a sh*t about video games anymore. And it is the most over-hyped competitive game ever.

Ballistics are way AWOL. Some pistols sharing the same caliber as an SMG will do more damage than their counterparts, and somebody can basically survive with up to 9 bullet wounds (eve, more) without, technically, losing all his blood.

And this is where its major problem is. It has no gameplay logic, because it is 15 years old. Someone can survive a headshot, aiming down the sight on specific weapons doesn't mean anything, so you'll come to think your barrel is just bent. So you're forced to shoot one bullet at a time, and then you'll face an enemy, either having an M4 (the only weapon with 100% accuracy), or maybe he's going crazy on his trigger, and by some magic luck he'll put a headshot out of nowhere, or he's one hacking b******.

Plus... Even pro players were caught cheating. I understand two reasons to this : the gameplay is broken, and it is not even protected. Valve Anti-Cheat is a pure joke.

And the competitive bans are just plain stupid. I paid for this game, I expect it to play whenever I want (and not getting banned because I had something more important to do), be protected against cheats, and have a decent ranking system (I always get ranked down, even when winning games with positive K/D).

So in a word... Thank you Valve for having Steam get you all the money you want (and having it ruin the PC games market by the way, why would I buy any AAA game at launch, since I'll get them 50% off three months later, so maybe the editors will stop making AAA games because they can't get the reward they deserve). And thank you for not caring anymore about what games should be, and ignoring your "fan-base" (or whatever you call it) with some dreams like Half-Life 3.
  49. Aug 8, 2013
    Removed content from previous counter strikes, like flashlight, suppressors, night vision and some weapons.

The game feels unfinished, unbalanced weapons and bad player movement.

Hopefully they keep updating the game and adding/fixing stuff.
  50. Jun 2, 2015
    Game filled with cheaters and noone gives ****
    Team of dumbasses, which teamkilling and troll whole time.
    64 tick causes, you die behind wall,or stupid hits like 60in5 or 3in1.
    Good looking skins cost least 30e, or 300 at max.
    And operations parcipation cost 6e, for stupid missions, which makes you faster level and then you get drop skin for 0,04e.
  51. May 15, 2015
    Before you buy it, you should watch some videos...

This is by far the WORST CS game ever made... OK, it has BETTER GRAPHICS, but fails at everything else: Matchmaking is awful: people who don't bother to speak english, don't stop shouting, blame you for their lack of skill, and even kick you for no reason (we are 4, we are mates, let's kick this random guy just for fun... IT
    Before you buy it, you should watch some videos...

Matchmaking is awful: people who don't bother to speak english, don't stop shouting, blame you for their lack of skill, and even kick you for no reason (we are 4, we are mates, let's kick this random guy just for fun... IT HAPPENS).

Full of hackers... even between professional player!!!

Please don't buy it, gamers deserve a better game, valve has PROVED to make better games, do not pay for this.
  52. sng
    Oct 25, 2015
    Broken hitboxes and broken hitreg skin simulator. Devs push new changes without testing ever and bugs / broken balance changes are left there for weeks or months at a time.
  53. Feb 13, 2013
    I made some tests: target is 3 meters away, I aim at its head with an M4, completely static. Three separated shots (no spraying). NONE OF THEM HIT!!! Not even talking about the "nerfed" Deagle. If CS:S was a betrayal to the the 1.6 community, CS:GO is an insult. Worst purchase on steam to date.
  54. Nov 4, 2012
    Remark: I've played counter-strike since version 1.3 until 2010.

This game is not counter-strike - it's some attempt to lure COD4 fans and console gamers. Graphics: Blur, Bloom, Dirty AWP scope all this bull...t is not possible to disable and makes aiming MUCH harder. I mean some games using this effects wise - like BF3 of COD, but in this game this is something out of place.
    Remark: I've played counter-strike since version 1.3 until 2010.

Maps: Totally remade with TONS of details. You can throw all your map knowledge to garbage. Also this walls you sweep before not penetrable now(or penetrable but not for most weapons).

Matchmaking and gamemodes: You have casual gamemode where you don't need to buy armor and map limited to 15 rounds, 50% friendlyfire. This mode is not an option for hardcore players as there's competitive. In competitive mode if you leave while game in progress you'll get 1 week of ban in any gamemodes except from those where you play with bots. Now imagine you _need_ to leave _this_ time. It happens, right? Forget about this game for a week! I'm NOT kidding. It means nothing for devs that you already payed them. Seriously - ban system is just sucks. Matchmaking also can take longer than 5 minutes.

Gameplay: Forget about everything you knew about counter-strike. Forget about shooting 10-15 bullets straight from sitting position at middle-close ranged enemy aiming in the head - you'll miss unless enemy is VERY close. You can't control even m4 recoil(I'm not saying about ak), don't even try, it's impossible. So maybe AWP is still good choice? Not at all. All that blur, bloom in addition to 'dirty' scope WITHOUT middle point makes it nearly impossible to play 'aggressive sniping'. AWP scope is not dirty blurring **** with straight 2 lines. You can still shoot 'no-scope' but what the point when even buy-menu looks like Christmas eve?

Summary: It's not counter-strike. I'm not giving them my money, and neither should you.
  55. Sep 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter Strike with no feel. Guns are flat and emotionless, no telling where your shots are going or how your gun is shooting. AWP is nerfed, same with ak/colt. Same CS just nerfed for idiots. GUI is all over the place. Buy menu is from the original XBOX Counter Strike, which was worse than this game. Don't know why Valve took ANY ideas from a CONSOLE game that was a complete failure. But for $15, AS IT RIGHTFULLY SHOULD BE, it's not a bad deal. Expand
  56. Sep 3, 2012
    Переделанный Left 4 Dead, играть в такое не возможно... Убогая стрельба,Переделанный Left 4 Dead, играть в такое не возможно... Убогая стрельба, убогие модели оружия, неудобное меню закупа, модельки СТ Т на каждой карте свои. Карты портированы из CS:S это убивают сие творение напрочь и отбивает желание играть и платить за ЭТО - $15. Всем мир, Всем 1.6 ! Expand
  57. Sep 3, 2012
    This game is pretty bad, a waste of 15$. not worth getting. Game play is boring, lots of glitches, and overall it is poop. Its a joke compared to the cs 1.5
  58. Jan 24, 2016
    Everything about this game is mediocre. The gameplay, the amount of new content, the graphics. Everything.

The gameplay is broken and boring. There is no skill involved whatsoever. There are no special tactics or anything. You either turn left or turn right. You either fire first or you don't. You either get a headshot or you don't. Speaking of headshots, it's completely random where your bullets go, as the recoil is horribly designed. Even if your crosshair is perfectly centered on someone, even if they aren't moving, even if you aren't moving, even if there isn't ANY reason for you to miss, your bullet DODGES a foot to the left, right, or ANYWHERE you weren't aiming. Good gosh, I found I got more headshots by aiming at a person's CHEST than actually aiming at their HEAD. THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

There is a serious lack of new content. It's basically a modded CS:S. There is only a handful of new weapons and maps.

And now, the graphics. The graphics are simply terrible. The game looks 10 years old. The animations look stupid, the textures are low-res, and the lighting, oh the terrible lighting; all the maps look completely dull because of it. Almost all shadows have the same boring shade of grey. It's as if someone forgot to add proper lighting to most areas. Maps like cs_militia arguably look worse than they did in CS:S, back in 2004.

The sound design is odd. For some reason, they've mixed the low quality weapon sounds from the previous games with new, high quality sounds. The result does not sound realistic, or appealing.

The 'having your knife out makes you run faster' thing is really stupid.

Oh, and one last thing: Why is there an in-game marketplace where you can spend REAL MONEY on weapon skins? Are you telling me they spent time on making cosmetic items so that they could charge cash for them, instead of, oh I don't know, making a decent game? There are items that cost hundreds of dollars, They don't even do anything to affect gameplay, they're just for looks. This is not a F2P game. It costs $15, and they seriously charge extra money for lame weapon skins.

Despite the above, the game can (sometimes) still be fun. It's just an overall mediocre game. It really isn't worth $15, so wait for a sale if you buy it at all.
  59. Jul 6, 2014
    The game has the ability to be great, but the problem is its community.

No matter how hard you try, no matter how good you are, you are going to get **** This is a teamwork based game, of 5 vs 5, yet over 80% of your games will NOT have 10 players. You will constantly find people who are there just to make you lose on purpose. As it is now, it's a piece of **** game which will
    The game has the ability to be great, but the problem is its community.

You will constantly find people who are there just to make you lose on purpose.

As it is now, it's a piece of **** game which will only give you frustration and desperation.

Stay away from it if you don't want to get any heart disease.
  60. Sep 14, 2013
    What a bad game. I'm very disapointed of this game. I liked alot source and 1.6 but "that' is not a good game. do not buy this "game" if we can say "game".
  61. Mar 17, 2014
    It has just shocked me when I have seen the payable additionnal features as passes for 'special' missions.
    CS1.6 and Source seem much better. CS GO's weapon balance is not so good, too much difference with sit-position and running shoot accuracy.
    I have never seen any shield making the game more interesting and strategic, enemies killing faster than in CS-portable-web-version with cheating.
    Maps are poor, small and not challenging, you never need to look in all directions and be curefull to charge enemy ambush.
    If making a new better game Devs could at least put a map maker so everyone could easily make his own maps and a character's look customisation,
    but CS GO is just a version with another style, even detailled the graphics are not better, just different.
    This game is no more developped, there are tons of real upgrades that could be made by this far,
    Even a new medieval game could be done with the same concept, still no upgradable, worst or better stuff. It could include new ready-to-use new medieval-fantasy weapons and abilities giving similar dynamic, strategic,
    reactive coop battles, similar modes (an apocalyps artefact instead of bomb, just giving an idea), and making some new maps is almost no work...
    Even if Devs made one of the best game in the world, it was a long time ago and they are still on holidays,
    so for now I do NOT advise to buy ANY CS games. Better buy a new original game that is really worked on, and not made by copy&paste!!!
  62. Jun 23, 2014
    Community of this game is so toxic that no one should buy it ever. This game is filled with cheaters so much that only way you can win is to have cheater in your team.
  63. Oct 15, 2014
    The worst game ever created by Valve. It's really a shame that the definition of pro-gaming-series has become what this is. Counter-Strike, once known to be a game in which skill, aim and reflexes decided over how good you are and if you win the match and in which you needed to put in hundreds or thousands of hours to gain experience has become a game made for people that have none ofThe worst game ever created by Valve. It's really a shame that the definition of pro-gaming-series has become what this is. Counter-Strike, once known to be a game in which skill, aim and reflexes decided over how good you are and if you win the match and in which you needed to put in hundreds or thousands of hours to gain experience has become a game made for people that have none of these skills. The only reason to buy this the fact that there are no more servers online for the real Counter-Strikes and it's really a shame the developers use this to sell a poor made game. You want a good gaming experience, the need to actually train to achieve victory and the possibility to dominate with skill? Then you should stay away from CS:GO and buy CS1.6 or maybe CS.S. If you want bad hitreg, lagg even tho your ping is low and all your experiences from older Counter-Strikes just being totally worthless, than CS:GO might be the game for you. Expand
  64. May 1, 2015
    So here's my verdict on the game.

Pros: - None. Seriously, I'm not joking. Cons: - Not tactical at all like everybody says. - Not fun. - Not addictive (why do people play this game for thousands of hours (literally)?) - No aim down sights, which is disappointing for two reasons. A) It's the year 2015. Battlefield 2 came out in 2005, and that had aim down sights. Why is it that
    So here's my verdict on the game.

Pros:
    - None. Seriously, I'm not joking.

Cons:
    - Not tactical at all like everybody says.
    - Not fun.
    - No aim down sights, which is disappointing for two reasons. A) It's the year 2015. Battlefield 2 came out in 2005, and that had aim down sights. Why is it that we don't have it 10 years on? B) In the trailer, right at the start (about 13 seconds in, or about 1:33 depending on which trailer you watch) a counter-terrorist is shown aiming at a terrorist. Why is it advertised, but not in the game? Surely that's some kind of false advertising.
    - The are hardly any guns.
    - The recoil is the same every time you shoot each weapon. Surely you could make it so that the pattern at least varies every so often?
    - I quite like to see proper map names in a game, not file names like "de_dust2". Surely you could just make it say "Dust 2"? It makes the game look unfinished, if you ask me - it looks like it's still undergoing debugging.
    - Costs too much money for what it is.
    - The maps are absolutely tiny.
    - The game feels generally unfinished. It feels like more development went into the cloth physics for the the molotov than any other part of the game.
    - The micro-transactions make the game a f***ing abomination. It's like, "Yay, I unlocked a case!" but then you are told you have to pay money to buy a key to unlock something you just earned for free. What a f***ing rip-off. And why are knives so f***ing expensive? What is the point in spending so much money on something that's usage is in a minority compared to everything else that is used by the player? I'm just glad I haven't wasted any more money on this piece of s*** game.

Overall, I would not reccomend this piece of f***ing s*** game. I wasted my money on this game and all the other Counter Strike games. It says in the description of the game on Steam, "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 14 years ago". What has it expanded upon? F*** all! The game has been the same since f***ing 1999!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME - it is a rip-off and is falsely advertised in the trailer(s). It looks and feels unfinished, which for a game released in 2012, and now we're in the year 2015, is not good AT ALL. I have absolutely NO idea why the reviews for this game are "Overwhelmingly Positive", because there is nothing good about this game!

0/10. DO NOT BUY.
  65. Dec 2, 2015
    This game would be good if body shots actually could kill someone in less then 3 clips. I mean really using an AK and put a full clip worth of rounds into an enemy and you have to reload just to dump more into them before they die is very lame. You most likely won't get the chance to pump more rounds into them. If you don't get a head shot you lose. Simple as that with this game. So if youThis game would be good if body shots actually could kill someone in less then 3 clips. I mean really using an AK and put a full clip worth of rounds into an enemy and you have to reload just to dump more into them before they die is very lame. You most likely won't get the chance to pump more rounds into them. If you don't get a head shot you lose. Simple as that with this game. So if you are not good at head shots... Don't waste your money on this game. Head shots or game over. Expand
  66. Feb 6, 2014
    Better graphics and that's it, every week they update-it, now it has been over one year and a half, and they still haven't finished with the updates. Same bugs as in Source, even new ones, but in the end it's not made by Valve, Valve only came with the engine, it's Hidden Path, the ones who screwed Counter-Strike: Source, in the first place.
  67. Sep 11, 2014
    Want to play ? Too bad , there is a whole community of people unable to be humans . The game is the ultimate competitive shooter , far worse in many aspects than other AAA MP shooters , but because of its simplicity it makes a great fit for the competitive market . BUT the community , as every e-sport community , are not gamers - they are stats junkies that do not know how to play withWant to play ? Too bad , there is a whole community of people unable to be humans . The game is the ultimate competitive shooter , far worse in many aspects than other AAA MP shooters , but because of its simplicity it makes a great fit for the competitive market . BUT the community , as every e-sport community , are not gamers - they are stats junkies that do not know how to play with other human beings , new players , or generally other gamers . These people with bad language both writen and spoken and the abusive kick system bring this game from a clear 7 , to a 4 . Expand
  68. Dec 31, 2016
    UPDATED: December 31, 2016

Honestly, what the hell is Valve doing? With a broken and useless anti-cheat system, imbalanced guns, and many factors of the game that need to be rectified (such as faulty hit-boxes and certain gun mechanics), all Valve is releasing is more cases to buy and pointless in-game sound/model updates. They've even gone as far as releasing a Glove Case where
    UPDATED: December 31, 2016

Honestly, what the hell is Valve doing?

They've even gone as far as releasing a Glove Case where they replace knives with gloves. GLOVES!

I used to really like this game, but now it is simply unplayable and more frustrating than enjoyable. With Valve clearly prioritizing making as much money as possible through minimal effort, its no wonder this game as well as its community is becoming worse each and every day.
  69. Dec 10, 2015
    If you're looking for a relaxed casual game with revolvers this is the game for you, but if you want a no **** kind of game that provides you with an challenge you better hold out for something more challenging like CoD.

I R8 it 1/10 would alt tab out of this game again. WARNING alt tabbing is some strange magic that removes smokes, so that everyone is able to play with smokehack without being at risk of being VAC:ed (rumors has it that ALT tabbing + tapping the bomb code will enable a built in aimbot after december 24th)
  70. Jun 12, 2015
    This game, is terrible, in reality. Counter Strike used to be good, for example, Source, which is the best one. Unfortunately, this game has gone the TF2 route, all about cosmetics, barely about balanced gameplay. Every time i try to play this game, it is awful. Usually, I am able to do reasonably well in online shooters, such as Halo and CoD, however, I get killed every time I encounterThis game, is terrible, in reality. Counter Strike used to be good, for example, Source, which is the best one. Unfortunately, this game has gone the TF2 route, all about cosmetics, barely about balanced gameplay. Every time i try to play this game, it is awful. Usually, I am able to do reasonably well in online shooters, such as Halo and CoD, however, I get killed every time I encounter someone. I do not know what is wrong with the game, but it is an absolute nuisance! Also, the game is dated as heck! Controls are frustratingly limited, graphics aren't good and there are functions that are in most games today that aren't here! I cannot recommend this game at all, avoid if you like balanced, reasonably good online shooters. That is all. Expand
  71. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. Hacker and there is no anti hack.
    Number one of all is hacker. Team killing is **** People like to kill their own team for no reason. So, Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. I agree with this The iBurger's comment with that. So yes, cheater is major one of all. This is why I stopped playing.
  72. Apr 4, 2015
    The first time playing Counter strike Global Offensive, I was so excited, seeing the trailer and how it was upgraded for graphics, the game was perfect. But the bad side to the game was later on it became more of a game where players online would just want to get drops at the end of a match, or just completely make the game so ugly to even want to play.
  73. Jan 6, 2016
    Without stupid micro transactions and other things (like CoD kill cam) will be this game so great, but its not. I played it when there were no micro transactions and the game was so cool, but now, most of people playing it only because the not-making-sense skins.
  74. Feb 22, 2016
    My review for CS:GO will be mainly for the veterans of the Counter-Strike serie, which are cannot decide whether to play or not a new game.

So what are interesting and new in CS:GO ??? “Realism”: - When pistols 300 and 500 coins price (P250 and Five-seven) instantly kills man with helmet and armor at close range with a single bullet head shot, and a device price 3100 (M4) does not

So what are interesting and new in CS:GO ???
    “Realism”:
    - When pistols 300 and 500 coins price (P250 and Five-seven) instantly kills man with helmet and armor at close range with a single bullet head shot, and a device price 3100 (M4) does not kills man with helmet and armor at any distance with head shot.

- Snipers with SSG 08 kills enemy in jump (!) with a sniper rifle (!!). And it's not a luck / random - this is the norm in the CS:GO.

- Snipers with the AWP that can walk in different directions with 8 kilo rifle with active scope and make kills. This is the norm in the CS:GO. At some 5x5 games number of AWP is 3 or 4 in team. (VALVE ignore players request make AWP like in 1.6 version).

- Some "brilliant mind" in VALVE decides add to balanced CS game ... revolver what has same damage like AWP. About 3 years passed from creation, VALVE dont understand, that CS is not just a first person shooter like Half - Life, this a balanced tactic game.

- Shooting in the game is completely different from version 1.6. Greatly simplified shoot from AWP. Greatly had reduced the accuracy of the AK-47, M4. Similar to the parameters M4 from 1.6 became M4A1-S added later, with even then it fixed by removing the damage. In CS:GO combat is now spray control from both sides, as at amateur and at pro levels.
    The question arises - why not just transfer the weapons and they parameters from 1.6 to CS:GO???

- Armor piercing .... not bullets, in CS:GO we have armor piercing guns)

Game “drop” and “funny” crates
    - When you play 1300 hours 10-15$ price game and had only consumer and industrial drop items. ONLY. In free to play Dota 2 drop any types of items. Before summer 2015 patch if you played many time, sometimes you may had 1 or 2 drop every day and many crates. But in summer 2015 some “genius” in VALVE decide to “improve” in CS:GO "funny" patch: now NO MATTER how many you play: 5 or 125 hours per week – all players have fixed drop – 1 gun skin, and 3-4 crates per week.
    In all different games are bonuses for players who play many time. CS:GO unique game where NO MATTER how many time players spend in game for items drop.

- When you open 300 crates, and find ... 1 knife.

“Progressive” rank system at 5x5 mod.
    - Nobody knows how it work)
    - You with friend bought CS:GO and decide to play 5x5 mod together? Don't hurry: if you have more higher rank that you friend has, you and friend ... can not play together, only 5 man can play having different ranks. If you do not have 5 players - you may never play together. CS:GO is unique game - if you bought game, not a fact, that you will play together 5x5 mod.
    - This system creates a people who really make CS:GO game ugly:
    -guys after account rank boosting (they pay to other player, and he boost rank)
    Guys after account rank boosting quite easy to calculate: for example, while playing kid with rank master guardian elite voice the kid 10 years old asks "guys what is “eco round?”"; when the guy with the rank gold nova master plays ONLY PP Bizon /no armor; when a person with a rank legendary eagle playing with the same ranks as he has finished 0/2/24. How many games have been marred by such friends "after the boost" is not counted.
    - "smurf" - man who has a high rank, and creates a new account for fun/after the ban or for account rank boosting for other player)
    Of course there will be little pleasant when the map where plays silver rank players comes Smurf with real rank legendary eagle, especially for the team against whom it came. The most interesting is that the account boosting is quite a legitimate thing. Nobody cares that it may spoil the game for many people.

For these problems has only one simple solution – hide the rank, for only game system can check you rank. Smurfs and guys after account boost will disappear forever. I don't believe that VALVE can not make this simple solutions since 2012.

"Super" anti cheat protects all VALVE servers))
    - ban cheaters after... 2-3 months game. (or don't ban in general)
    - VALVE agree that they have a useless anti cheat, and created Overwatch - option, where any player after 150 wins at 5x5 mod can "judge" cheaters. They don't create new normal anti cheat, they decide transmit all responsibility fight with cheaters on to players. Other VALVE “great” idea.

Awful game optimization. Don't be surprised, when you play Battlefield 4 in ultra quality graphics without any lags, but when You playing CS:GO in low quality graphics - game lags/ has freeze.
    Awful CS:GO official VALVE servers. Veterans of the CS serie do not need to tell what it means to play on the server where tickrate, updaterate, cmdrate is 64.

"friendly" CS:GO community.
    - you play "5x5" mod. Taking first place with 4 russians in team all time uses foul language (want report them for this? no sense, because VALVE don't ban players for use foul language), and at last win round they....kick you.
    - kids screaming at microphone like a group of baboons.

In summary we can say that the new game in the series has turned out an extraordinary, with its pluses and GREAT minuses. 100% i can say, if i knew all those minuses before start playing CS:GO , i never started play CS:GO. CS:GO - really worst game at all serie.

Play CS:GO if you want spend some time playing with friends 5x5 just for fun.
    Play CS:GO if you don't upsets when you will be killed in the pit by jumping sniper from A plant (dust2 map).
    Play CS:GO if you don't upsets any game results.
    Play CS:GO if you don't care about awful game community. Play CS:GO if you don't care about game realism. Play CS:GO if you don't care about weapon skins and game items drop. Play CS:GO if you don't upsets cheaters playing versus you. 0/10
  75. Dec 9, 2015
    Recent update goes against the spirit of the franchise and ruins the game.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BALANCE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BALANCE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BALANCE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BALANCE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BALANCE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BALANCE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BALANCE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BALANCE
  76. Sep 4, 2012
    What a horrible, old fashioned piece of crap :( CS was probably good after Doom/Quake back in the olden days but this was not worth my money. Worst FPS ever IMO.
  77. Nov 1, 2012
    This game was absolutely terrible. The maps were to small and too linear, the guns were highly unbalanced, the only guns worth using were the AK and the most powerful sniper rifle. There was also really bad lag, and I don't know why, I had a ping of 40-50 in every game I played, and no matter how I put my settings I was getting about 15fps at any time. After playing this for about an hour,This game was absolutely terrible. The maps were to small and too linear, the guns were highly unbalanced, the only guns worth using were the AK and the most powerful sniper rifle. There was also really bad lag, and I don't know why, I had a ping of 40-50 in every game I played, and no matter how I put my settings I was getting about 15fps at any time. After playing this for about an hour, I don't understand why everyone goes crazy about this game, it was just a really generic very unbalanced shooter that only has one game type to play, and I don't see myself every buying this game, or even accepting it if it were gifted to me. Expand
  78. Nov 2, 2012
    Wow! Just played the free weekend and have never been more disappointed in my life. The main upgrade we were promised was graphics but most of the textures and models have simply been reused; the cans sitting in the trash can, the computers and keyboards in Office, etc. Not only is a lot reused but the graphics actually look worse in a lot of cases. The game seems to have nerfed bulletWow! Just played the free weekend and have never been more disappointed in my life. The main upgrade we were promised was graphics but most of the textures and models have simply been reused; the cans sitting in the trash can, the computers and keyboards in Office, etc. Not only is a lot reused but the graphics actually look worse in a lot of cases. The game seems to have nerfed bullet damage and made precise aiming impossible. I came away with that same gross taste I get in my mouth after playing CoD. Many maps have been removed from the game including Assault and the physics appear to be gone completely. The character models often appear too similar making it difficult to tell friend from foe. The new weapon additions are just plain weird and don't fit in the CS world, personally the shield made more sense than a molotov **** I do appreciate it is priced low but why pay $15 for a worse experience? Expand
  79. Nov 3, 2012
    This game is a carbon copy of Call of Duty. It was unrewarding. All I saw in the game chat was a bunch of mild-mannered insults, like "Suck it b***h" and "Go play somewhere else." The gameplay was unbalanced, you would join in the middle of games that are in progress and be at a severe disadvantage. It's actually less fun than Call of Duty.
  80. Dec 13, 2012
    Same as CS:S but with new graphics. There might be more changes under the hood but they aren't noticeable to me after hours of playing it. If you haven't played any Counter-Strike before then pick this up. Otherwise stick with what you have already because this is just consolified CS:S.
  81. Nov 16, 2012
    I've played a lot of CS in my day, some of that time was even semi pro, anyway I picked this up looking to maybe rekindle that flame, sad to say I was disappointed. This is just the same old game, same old maps, the weapons dont have anything new or different going for them - in fact - they seem less fun to use. Theres a few new modes but nothing ground breaking. There's no reason whyI've played a lot of CS in my day, some of that time was even semi pro, anyway I picked this up looking to maybe rekindle that flame, sad to say I was disappointed. This is just the same old game, same old maps, the weapons dont have anything new or different going for them - in fact - they seem less fun to use. Theres a few new modes but nothing ground breaking. There's no reason why Valve should have charged money for this, this could have easyly been a patch. I played a few hours of it and havn't looked back since, if I ever had that CS itch again, i'd play source over this. Expand
  82. Nov 29, 2012
    Congratulation, Valve is successful in producing a game which has better graphic, new weapons and some kind of convenience and that all exist in COD series or Battle Field. So, why we should waste our money to buy a game that has the same thing as the other game. Valve, you bring to us nothing except disappointment. We expect you bring something new in your game as you did with cs 1.6 inCongratulation, Valve is successful in producing a game which has better graphic, new weapons and some kind of convenience and that all exist in COD series or Battle Field. So, why we should waste our money to buy a game that has the same thing as the other game. Valve, you bring to us nothing except disappointment. We expect you bring something new in your game as you did with cs 1.6 in the past, a game that can change the whole world due to your brilliance, not a game with many parts from the other game. What we see in your game right now is a small part of COD, the other small part of CS 1.6, the other part belong to CSS... Therefore, the experiences we have from CSGO is 99% the same as what we experienced in other famous game. Finally, you gave us nothing more than a bunch of garbage, nothing's new, nothing's outstanding. Expand
  83. Sep 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My thoughts on this game.

Worst Counter-Strike to date. Why?

Much more of an 'uncontrollable' recoil. The old recoil was just great, no need to change it whatsoever.

Aiming doesn't at all feel as smoothly as before. Feels really 'console-ish'. I don't know how to explain it in any other way.

When moving around, it feels like your 'floating'.

Some weapons sounds weaker than before especially the AK-47 and AWP. They definately sounds too weak. In Source and 1.6 they sounds stronger.

Added special effects... If I want special effects and a realistic game I go play Battlefield 3 anyway. For Counter-Strike? No thanks.

Pretty much higher system requirements in comparison to CS: Source while they both run on the same game engine (Source). *Full game* was really just released as a BETA. Not even worth its current price tag.

The only good thing I can think of is the simple accessibility of game modes, but this is not enough for getting 1 point on my grade. Since I put much more weight on the gameplay itself. The map updates is allright, but not for the better...

Grade: 0/10 Conclusion: A truly horrible game. That is unfortunately really overated. I guess because it has 'Counter-Strike' in its name...
  84. May 27, 2014
    this game is a hackfest. every single game i've played as LEM had hackers in it.

the worst games are when they are losing and say "obvious hacks gonna show you what's up /r/antiboost" and then proceed to disconnect, reconnect, and turn on their aimbots. normally, I would just say hacking is a difficult problem with every fps, but csgo competitive is pretty much composed of mostly

and then proceed to disconnect, reconnect, and turn on their aimbots.

normally, I would just say hacking is a difficult problem with every fps, but csgo competitive is pretty much composed of mostly hackers at the higher ranks. not much is being done to control them.

Other aspects of the game can be good, but for a competitive player like me I'll just stick with the good old 1.6
  85. Feb 9, 2013
    I play Counter Strike since 2000. I have played all from the BETA to 1.6 CZ Source And A short time GO.

Go has the graphics but not the gameplay or the fun that CS 1,6 Source has.

For instance the Guns NO USP NO SILENCER FOR M4 and Molotov Fake grenade what a JOKE ).

Sorry but CS 1.6 CS:CZ CS:S CS:GO
  86. Apr 24, 2014
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY THIS GAME, DO NOT!!!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY THIS GAME, DO NOT!!!

This game is a broken mess. Graphics look outdated for 2012, sounds are so terrible I want to puke. All weapons are boring and feel the same. Also they want you to pay for maps that were for free. All the good reviews are only because there are items like in TF2 but what is the point if the game doesn't play well. But the worst is the controls. THE F***ING BULLETS GO UP. In what game have you ever seen a bullet fly up? I tell in what: only this one. I wouldn't be p***ed off if they would go down, makes sense gravity, but up?! That just broke the game and doomed the whole Counter-Strike series. If you want a good multiplayer game buy original CS or CS:Source, just please not this one, it is not worth the money.
  87. Oct 5, 2014
    Counter-Strike: global offensive is a greatest fu**up valve has ever made. Client of the game is full of bugs, servers dont count shots, matchmaking is broken, nobody bans hackers, cases are greedy and overpriced. So its basically a fork of cs 1.6 with fancy graphics. Dont buy it.
  88. Oct 14, 2012
    Ok, what have we here... Ah yes. I don't like Valve games, never liked, but i bought CS:GO to look for the magic of CS, same as the other titles btw. And to be honest, i didn't find it at all. This is the latest build of Source engine - hope the last - but still game looks ugly, compare to much older L4D2. Tons of HDR, bloom and motion blur, only to hide graphics bugs / glitches and makeOk, what have we here... Ah yes. I don't like Valve games, never liked, but i bought CS:GO to look for the magic of CS, same as the other titles btw. And to be honest, i didn't find it at all. This is the latest build of Source engine - hope the last - but still game looks ugly, compare to much older L4D2. Tons of HDR, bloom and motion blur, only to hide graphics bugs / glitches and make you feel like something fresh new. I would say, this game is similiar to another ugly and almost forgotten child of Valve - Counter Strike: Condition Zero. In fast mode, games keeps connecting to official Valve servers, which can be described only as trash cans.Thank god, there is a server list, so the choice can be more civilised. Some say game is cheap and because of that, worth of buying, i say it looks and feels cheap as well. Expand
  89. Jan 16, 2013
    This is the worst CS to date. Hackers in nearly every competitive match once you get to 2AK + in ranking. The game is also awful in terms of coding optimization and has numerous glitches.

3/10, but I will vote it 1/10, as it's rating has been grossly inflated by users who must be getting paid by Valve.
  90. Jul 20, 2014
    I picked up counter strike go in the steam summer sale because I had a couple of friends that played it. I'm kind of new at pc shooters so I was kid of skeptical about getting it but I did anyway. I played some team deathmatch and it seemed kind of hectic so I decided to play casual for once by myself. Well that turned out to be a mistake because I got kicked once I had one bad round,I picked up counter strike go in the steam summer sale because I had a couple of friends that played it. I'm kind of new at pc shooters so I was kid of skeptical about getting it but I did anyway. I played some team deathmatch and it seemed kind of hectic so I decided to play casual for once by myself. Well that turned out to be a mistake because I got kicked once I had one bad round, which was in only my second match and like I said before I am new to pc shooters. I would have given this game a lot higher of a score if it weren't for me being kicked for pretty much being new to the game. It's not fair to new players and how exactly am I to learn how to play if I'm just going to get kicked while learning? They should fix the broken kicking system but for now I am giving the game a 0 just for that reason because it is unplayable to me. Expand
  91. Apr 18, 2015
    So, I bought this game because I had a lot of friends that were addicted to it and it looked nice.
    But I was 100% wrong. In this game you can't earn ranks or level up without playing competitive and competitive levels are more skill levels. I didn't like not being able to level up and unlock new stuff by playing. And I even had to buy my weapons during the game! The worst part of this game is the hipfire thing. You can kill someone from Sniper range with an AK-47 headshot without even aiming down sights. But of course if they're right next to you and you spam bullets only 1/10 of the bullets will hit!
    The community is terrible. If you're new to the game and you're trying to learn without playing deathmatch over and over again (which is a waste of time because you don't get anything other than play time) they'll just kick you!
    I don't recommend this game to anybody who likes to play games in a casual way and/or likes the grind/XP/level up aspect of other FPS games.
  92. Jan 6, 2015
    Ban for bad internet connection, ban for kids shooting you in the team, ban for some problems with a computer, ban for some suddenly appeared business instead of cs, ban ban ban ban. Its very stupid. I payed my money and have a ban at this game for 7 days. I payed for playing.Then new ban next day unbanned. Extremely stupid game policy. Sometimes I think its a simulator of North Korea.
  93. May 19, 2016

94. Apr 11, 2016
    watch gay porn or play cs go? 0~o (veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery bad game)
  95. Nov 7, 2013
    World's leading game of cheaters.. you will find this game fine to play but believe me you will never get rid of the cheaters who are ruining this game every day..
  96. Nov 2, 2012
    Downloaded this game over the Steam free weekend, played two games, and instantly uninstalled it. Reasons why include: 1) Hit-marker disappeared 2) CoD bias (at least I'm honest) 3) Not as fun as CoD4 4) To many hackers in FPS but at least admins on CoD4 can kick and perm ban them (personal Steam dislike; Valve anti-cheat never works and that's a proven fact; Yes even afterDownloaded this game over the Steam free weekend, played two games, and instantly uninstalled it. Reasons why include: 1) Hit-marker disappeared 2) CoD bias (at least I'm honest) 3) Not as fun as CoD4 4) To many hackers in FPS but at least admins on CoD4 can kick and perm ban them (personal Steam dislike; Valve anti-cheat never works and that's a proven fact; Yes even after updates!) 4) There are F2P alternatives. Expand
  97. Feb 16, 2013
    HOLY S**T Valve have sold us the same game again with the same maps for yes a THIRD TIME!!!!! YAY f*** me these robbin b******s. What people epically seem to be missing "best counter strike yet"?????? ITS THE SAME COUNTERSTRIKE same maps just updated graphics at least the theives over in CoDLand give you new maps when they sell you the same game. Very very very sadly disappointed withHOLY S**T Valve have sold us the same game again with the same maps for yes a THIRD TIME!!!!! YAY f*** me these robbin b******s. What people epically seem to be missing "best counter strike yet"?????? ITS THE SAME COUNTERSTRIKE same maps just updated graphics at least the theives over in CoDLand give you new maps when they sell you the same game. Very very very sadly disappointed with this. Anyone whos still playing CS needs to move on and go and buy BF3 or Planetside 2 (Which is FREE!!!!) Expand
  98. May 20, 2015
    This game isn't worth buying even though it's really cheap. For me, it's the worst game. This is my opinion and I don't care about you haters. There are many people who are hacking the game and making it worse.
  99. Nov 4, 2012
    Counter-Strike going Call of Duty, AKA being a bunch of sell-out whores for the current generation of little peer-pressured kids with hormone problems.
  100. Feb 21, 2013
    I'm going to preface this by saying this is an online only game. You can play offline with bots but if you buy the game you are buying it for multiplayer, more specifically competitive. At first it is impossibly hard as you are playing against people who are experienced mostly. Once you start getting kills you will feel elated. I got to nova rank and then they updated the matchmaking.I'm going to preface this by saying this is an online only game. You can play offline with bots but if you buy the game you are buying it for multiplayer, more specifically competitive. At first it is impossibly hard as you are playing against people who are experienced mostly. Once you start getting kills you will feel elated. I got to nova rank and then they updated the matchmaking. Winning a game suddenly deranked you. I've put over 300 hrs into the game. And the grief outweighs any rush you will ever experience playing the game. All of this I can still handle because if you find a team of players, its exponentially better. The reason I'm giving this game the abysmal review that it doesn't deserve is because of the community. This game is incredibly easy to hack. In fact, as of late, the hacking has become of epidemic proportions. I cant go more than 2 matches without encountering someone using wall hacks. Aim bots are turned on occasionally, but the real problem is the wall hacks. If someone is preaiming and you are in an unknown position and they get a first shot headshot through the corner of a wall, they are hacking. Reporting does nothing. I've seen no reaction from Valve. They are silent on the issue. The sad thing about this is the game, in its own right, is addictive fun. But Valve is taking a vow of silence on this, never once directly addressing the community on this issue. If you play this game already, start hacking because everyone else is or inevitably will through frustration. If you are on a mac, you're screwed. The nail in the coffin is, again, the community. THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION! Every single match has someone with an offensive expletive in their name and at least two players begin spamming the voice and text chat with abusive commentary. Homophobia, sexism, textbook misogynists, racism, elitism, even abusing people on disability is commonplace. Final verdict: the game mechanics are fun It is traumatic to play Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]