7.8

1. Aug 21, 2012
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15.
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is amazing. It seems like Valve has listened to the fans complaints about how CS:Source modified the basic game-play of Counter-Strike and made this version a way more similar to CS:1.6. Just played the beta yesterday for the first time and bought the game without thinking twice. This one will be HUGE. Thank you Valve for DotA 2, thank you Valve for CS 1.6 and now thank you Valve for CS:GO. Cross Platform will be sick! Expand
  4. Aug 23, 2012
    I love this game! never played CS games before but CS-GO is the game i was waiting for. For 10$ i can only recommend it. Great positive is. You dont need high end machine to play it. Even old ati 3850 with 256mb of memory can handle this game on full hd with decent framerate.
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    Some people say this game is like source, I would say it's more like 1.6, and 1.6 is the best! But this game really gets up to par with 1.6. I highly recommend this game. It really captured the essence of 1.6!
  6. Aug 22, 2012
    Great game, they took everything that needed to be changed with the old cs and made it better, while keeping all that makes the series fun and exciting true to Counter Strike. Love this game same great gameplay and style with great smooth graphics, highly recommend to any non elitist.
  7. Aug 21, 2012
    In a way there's not a lot of point in reviewing this. It is the best counterstrike version by a wide margin, and the new modes such as arms race are face-melting-ly good. But if you hate counterstrike this won't change your mind.
    If you're an old school fan like me and you want it to feel new again like it did back in 99 then this is TOTALLY the game for you!
  8. Aug 21, 2012
    The game has much new guns, better graphics, new gamemodes and more. It didnt lose the typical CS-Style which makes it good. But there is one thing, which isnt good: MATCHMAKING The good thing is, it isn't peer to peer matchmaking, the bad thing: you can't use servers from the server browser for your statistics. What I also like, is that I don't have to unlock every gun! From the beginning, everybody can buy every gun! You don't have to level up, or play against lvl 100- overpowered weapons! Overall its a good "remake" with good graphics. Expand
  9. Dec 10, 2012
    A wonderful mix of both 1.6 and Source. If you liked either of those games or if you're looking for a more advanced, team-based shooter, this could(should) be it.

The only reason this game receives a 9.5 and not a 10 from me (rounded up on the metacritic scale) is because they released it too early with too many little features that make CS so loveable omitted. (tagging, flashlight,
    silencer etc)

After 300 hours of this (including beta), CS:GO has still not lost its charm on me. Weather I feel like playing GunGame, pubbing, some obscure mod, or playing competitively, this game always has something for you to do.

This game offers a really awesome competitive matchmaking system. You will sometimes get matched with baddies, but other than that, its a really cool way to introduce people to the competitive side of CS. It generally works well and it is primarily what I play. It is also nice to not have to pay for ESEA if you want to play semi-competitively. Once you increase your rank a bit, you will often be matched with like-minded people who want to win and will carry out strategies and be generally vocal in-game.

Mind the hate this game receives from 1.6 and Source players who can't fathom moving onto a new game. They have some sort of hard-on for disliking CS:GO without any legitimate reasoning to back it up. It's a great game and I would highly recommend it for both casual and competitive players.

9.5/10
  10. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'm actually having fun. The graphics are the best Valve has done, the UI is very clean, and the new voice acting is actually pretty good. The recoil and hit detection changed, and now instead of dying as soon as I see an enemy I actually use cover, throw grenades, and more. It's a much more active game. The new maps are the best ever made in Counter-Strike. They are very vertical, which encourages flanking, tactics, risk vs reward, and more. The Arsenal Demolition mode is possibly the best idea ever for a game. The inexperienced have a chance of fighting back against pros, because AK47s and P90s deals more damage than a P2000. The pros feel a sense of accomplishment and play just to see how far they can go. I don't care much for the gungame (A CS original, CoD stole it), but it's rather well done. The new weapons and balancing really make the 12 year old game feel brand new. I didn't care much for the casual mode, as it is only very small changes. And, IT'S $15. IT'S 1/4 OF THE PRICE OF A NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME, AND IT OFFERS SOMETHING THEY DON'T HAVE (GOOD CORE GAMEPLAY). If you want Counter-Strike, don't hesitate to buy it. Expand
  11. Aug 21, 2012
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value! People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day. This game improves on the CSS graphics and maps, the added match making needs a few improvements but its good to fire off a 5v5 competitive game which normally you had to PUG for. The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of things to figure out and test. Lots of the old players don't like change it's as simple as that, instead of seeing it as a challenge.

The graphics COULD be better, but again its $15 and they targets multiple platforms and markets, they want the game to play for everyone and thats what it does, everyone in CS world wants huge amounts of FPS, so they get it with a bit less detail here and there. The main thing lacking I would say is tessellation or parallax mapping. Apart from that it's a much nicer looking game over CSS.

$15! its a steal for such fun multiplayer action, now with more game modes added in and maps.
  12. Aug 21, 2012
    Like most Valve games, just outside the game takes a while for updates, what I mean is that I give the game still not finished, as the CSS in 2004, there were many changes that were improvements to make a better game. Well, this counter-strike I give my thumbs up, pretty good, new signs (if you kill him through) new weapons, new tactics grenades ... Updated graphics ... etc ... and yet also with the help of the community with the beta testers and those changing hands They were exposed in the game along with hidden patch, the oldest in the series. Finally, a game kills hours, the FPS simplest but most entertaining I've ever seen, at a very affordable price. Thoroughly recommended. Expand
  13. Aug 21, 2012
    Tengo el juego desde el 16 de agosto y me ha parecido muy bueno, cuando me envicio en un juego es cuando me doy cuenta de lo bueno que esta. Llevo 35 horas jugadas y no me decepcionó. Además doy por echo que las cosas que le faltan (linterna, silenciador. etc.) vendran con las actualizaciones. Jugabilidad: exelente, algunos se quejan, pero yo creo que es más realista que nunca, pegar heads con metralleta es algo q puede pasar. Tecnologia: 10 puntos. Estamos hablando de Source. En mi opinion el mejor motor grafico de todos, a pesar de tener sus años, si fisica es la mejor. Graficos: No es un Cod pero un gamer no aprecia su juego por este punto. Sonido: exelente pues gracias al Source engine 2012 Innovación: Como trato de seguir la misma linea que los anteriores, no trae muchas cosas nuevas, hasta ahora, algunas armas y mapas. Pero esto con las futuras actualizaciones ya se verá! MUY RECOMENDABLE! Expand
  14. Aug 22, 2012
    After playing source for a few years, I was delighted to hear the announcement of CS:GO and this game does not disappoint those who are familiar with the franchise. Global Offensive brings a range of new features that makes the game easier for those who want to learn how to play, the new 'Weapons Course' mode will help newbies get the hang of the very basics of the game while new modes such as 'Arms Race' and 'Demolition' is targeted towards the more casual player. For anyone who is yet to play, this game is not your generic shooter and practice is a must! One of the huge disappointments to CSS and 1.6 is the fact that you had to use an external website to have a competitive match, this is not the case with GO as Valve has implemented a new 5v5 competitive mode which allows more experienced players to enjoy the Counter Strike series as they know it. Graphically the game has taken a huge overhaul and now looks better than ever with new lighting effects, an intuitive new buy menu and a hud that is more efficiant than any of the previous games. However in comparison to other modern shooters, the graphics are not perfect but who has ever played CS for its graphics?

The movement speed is different to previous games and will take a little bit of time to get used to as well as the new hitboxes which I used to disagree with but after many patches in the beta, Valve have constantly tweaked the game to what the community want to see. Your old favorite weapons are still there including the AK, M4A4 (don't worry its pretty much the M4A1) and the AWP as well as new weapons such as the Nova, Tec-9 and Molotov/ Incidinary grenade all feel at home and take little time to get used to. As usual, the map design is incredible and it is a pleasure to see your old favourites re-designed to suit the game. Barely any important locations have changed but Valve are still able to give them all a new fresh feel. The new maps that are featured in Arms Race and Demolition are not my scene but suit the style of game mode that they are for. During the beta there were invisible walls above the maps which prevented players from using the old nade spots however I believe that Valve has now patched this.

The game servers are solid and over the 100+ hours that I have already played, I have disconnected very little and to be fair it was probably my fault not theirs. The only critisism I have is that I have seen no evidence of servers matching your skill level with others, this creates a problem when professionals with plenty of hours of play are joined with a team of beginers who think it is a great idea to join a 'Competitive' game. This causes a lot of rage quiters and when you end up playing a full game, you will notice your team emptying for a few rounds before others join. Valve has left the game highly moddable for the community to create their own servers and game modes if they so please and I look forward to seeing what modders can do with the game. Zombies is already confirmed as a mod for the game. Overall the game is awesome and I know that I will play 1000+ hours for the next few years. It is definately still a Counter Strike game and anyone that is a little sceptical is either a 1.6 player who refuses to change the way they play or you need to give it a little more time. And for $15 how can anyone go wrong?
  15. Aug 22, 2012
    I have been having a ton of fun with this game. It's a big upgrade from CSS. The guns feel amazing and the graphics are fantastic! I can't get enough of the new Demolition mode! If you need a reason own a PC and a Steam account, this is it. It's only $15, and all planned DLC is going to be free. FREE! Go get this right now!
  16. Aug 21, 2012
    Great game. Very similar to CSS but for only 15$, who's complaining? The gameplay in myy opinion is better than CSS because of the added gun recoil and enhanced visual. Overall an awesome. game.
  17. Aug 23, 2012
    This really is the best CS game to date. The weapons and shootings feels great and the new game modes brings more variety if youre bored of the standard mode. The only thing that could be improved is the map selection but I'm sure this will be improved with future patches and Steam workshop.
  18. Aug 22, 2012
    Valve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much to complain about. Expand
  19. Dec 3, 2012
    I notice the differences when I switch from CS:GO to CS:S. CS:S feels monotonous, looks pixelated, the sounds have no depth, and the teams are always locked in an AK vs M4 war. It was a much needed update.
  20. Aug 29, 2012
    This got me back into CS, which is reason enough to warrant a 10. CS is arguably one of the best skill-based games in the history of videogames and changing the formula would only hurt it. Thanks for the gfx update, Valve! I'll probably try and do some mapping again, too.
  21. Aug 22, 2012
    My preferred CS game now. The graphics are great, map designs are the classic maps you remember with new additions and tweaks that gets rid of some of the bottlenecks, etc. The match finder to get into quick competitive games is a great addition so playing with friends is a synch.
  22. Aug 22, 2012
    The Counter-Strike franchise is the most perfectly balanced series of multiplayer shooters and CS:GO doesn't disappoint in that context. The new features added, like "play as bots", "Gun Game maps (Official gun game modes) etc. makes the game more exciting that it has ever been". Still after the release Valve and Hidden Path will continue the developelopement, which is going to make the game more awesome than it already is. I'm also really excited to see the creativity from the community. Thinking of that people spend 60 euro on CoD: MW3, CS:GO is definately worth 14. To be honest, I actually think it should be the other way around. Expand
  23. Aug 22, 2012
    Graphics blasting into my eyes, more weapons, more modes, more maps... In fact, this is the sequel to the most original first person shooter game which makes a lot sense. No nickel and diming needed. The game is worth $15 and all the features it has. It's awesome that the graphics aren't "hardcore" because that will otherwise leave another $60 pricetag in another streamlined pile of games.
  24. Aug 22, 2012
    Ok, this game just blew me away the moment as I started. With brand new graphics, new weapons, new leaderboard system, training mode, and more. CS:GO delivers just as well as the previous installments of the franchise, but sugarcoated once again for us, all for the low price of $15. Sure, it's not going to be the same as 1.6, CZ, or Source, but then again there are many people playing those games to this date. 1.6 Still pulls in at least 60,000 on a daily basis. When was the last time COD2 was that high recently? I have to give this game a perfect score because I was a huge fan of Source and love GO just as much. I still plan to get the originals someday since I didn't play PC games that long ago. Expand
  25. Aug 22, 2012
    It's CS so you know what to expect. Quick matches. Intense difficulty. High tension. Some of the most classic FPS moments in video gaming history. CS does not need to change the formula is perfect and Valve knows this. The CS game for 2012.
  26. Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn't closer to the PC version though, they could have given COD a run for their $. Expand
  27. Aug 22, 2012
    Great FPS game that takes a lot of skill to master but the reward is fantastic. Killing another player is so satisfying because you know you have to work for every kill. Highly recommended.
  28. Aug 22, 2012
    Better graphics, better balance, more competitive, all weapons are greatly balanced, now you can handle a SMG without feeling unpowered, i dont know why noobs complain to much about this game, its $15 bucks, even cheaper than CS:S
  29. Sep 4, 2012
    It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  30. Aug 23, 2012
    All hail Gaben. Once again, Valve has proven that new games don't need to be released every god damn year. GS:GO doesn't innovate, but instead polishes a tried and true formula. The game is also a steal. $14.99 for a new game? Count me in.
  31. Aug 24, 2012
    CS:GO is very much just an upgraded version of the previous game's. But they have done a fantastic job at upgrading it. The menus are smooth, the graphics much better looking, and the gameplay itself is the same amazing CS formula but somehow better. And for those who are whinging about it being just like CODs formula, it's similar but unlike activision, valve is only charging $15 for this. Same price you would pay for an indie game, and still cheaper than every one of the modern Call Of Duty's. Expand
  32. Aug 29, 2012
    Hidden Path developers did exactly what they should. They took a great franchise and took great care not to break it, instead focusing on polishing maps, weapons, money and overall gameplay balance.
    I really hope that the new edition will bring an influx of new players as this is the best Counter-Strike so far.
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from
    both 1.6 and Source version and like the new edition. I hope this will be the version to unite the now fragmented CS community. Expand
  33. Aug 31, 2012
    I was a big cs source fan and comming from it, I have some pros and cons. The good things are that the game looks great, feels great, and the weapons feel like they have a purpose. There feels to be a little more variety to this game than source, I felt that source ended up an ak/m4 war with the occasionally awp/scout. I feel like all of the guns are priced to the point that each gun has a purpose (besides maybe the pistols, why blow 400$ on a tiny upgrade in pistol when you could have grenades of all sorts). Besides the zues failing to show a purpose, it all feels right. The matchmaking works really well, and the serverbrowser is classic, they know to keep that the same. The cons arent enough to shy this game away from great but they are there. As with all counterstrike games, stratagy such as positioning and purchasing is almost always far less important than aim. Thats why there is a learning curve, most of the game is based on your ability to get that headshot. Dont get me wrong, this isnt the worst thing, because its much worse when its like CoD and all you have to do is use the same loadout. At least it takes skill, but your fun time can get ruined by one guy having godlike aim, but I digress, it can happen in every game. Other Cons include, which I guess this one is more for console versions, the maps. Theres only about 10 for classic gamemodes (but servers are already up with user made maps) and 4 for the new gamemode Demolition, with only 2 for gungame. The classic maps are good, the demolition maps are actually really good, and the gungame maps just dont feel right. The main con here is the underwhelming amount. That brings me to another pro (i know, outta place), Demolition. This gamemode has only one thing I dont like about it: its really simple. All it is gungame with stratagy. But it works, it feels different and skillful in its own respect, such as awarding really good rounds with grenades and flashbangs. This is not to mention that the maps they made for it are pretty good for the one-bombsite purpose they were aiming for. TLDR: Good game, GREAT game for the measly $15 price tag, if you have the choice, PC is the way to go to get the most out of it, but console players will still enjoy the experience presented. 1.6 fans will be dissapointed because of thier hardcore attitude, but casual and pro source players will probably respect the game, and remember, source and 1.6 will still be there. PS, a ton of gamemodes (like surf and jail) are already working on GO, the transfer was apparently pretty smooth. Expand
  34. Aug 30, 2012
    This is just what the Counter-Strike series has been waiting for. A modernization. However it feels incomplete with the lack of hostage maps (there is only 2), the gameplay is spot on, competitive, and fresh; while all staying true to the classic Counter-Strike experience. The new gamemodes Demolition and Arms Race are very fun if you are looking for a more fast-paced experience, and the new maps are sleek and good looking. This game is also standing evidence that the Source engine is growing and getting better, as the graphics are phenomenal. This game is an upgrade to the entire series in every way. It's still lacking hostage maps though. Since i trust Valve to add more hostage maps, I am giving this game this great rating. Expand
  35. Aug 23, 2012
    This Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than its cool. Great Game and the price for it is very very good. Expand
  36. Aug 24, 2012
    The best game you can play. I've played on CSS little. But it's not really same. It's something more. Accuray is diffrent for all guns and it's good too!. I simply LOVE THIS GAME. But you know HOW to play it . It's not Shut'n Run game. COUNTER STRIKE GO :3 , Good spended15$
  37. Aug 24, 2012
    10/10 Why? Because there are trolls who have no idea about how counter strike works that give it a 0. For 15$, for me (13.49) on the sale, this game is by far a 8.5/10 actually. I don't even have to explain why this game is superb.
  38. Aug 24, 2012
    Yeah this game is a major breakthrough in CS series,new weapons,new games,new game play,but it's still a classic game and I like it.I hope that it will have many old and new fans.
  39. Aug 28, 2012
    I doubted Valve could pull this one off. My first impression was about a 6.5/10 but after giving it some time to sink in, playing it for a few hours, I've evolved to an easy 9. You can count on Valve introducing a customization store for guns/skins as well, which will only improve the gaming experience. CS:GO = Wife Aggro.
  40. Aug 28, 2012
    Seriously what is up with the 0s on this site? Just seems like a way to get attention.
    Anyway this game doesn't deserve a 0 or any score below a 6, cause as it won't appeal to all it is still a great game that has a lot of game time in. I honestly did not like Source very much it felt very clunky and slow, i do love 1.6 thou and while CS GO don't exactly feel JUST like 1.6 it is still
    very fun and addictive. Some people are just spoiled like that, as other companies rape series like EA with CnC 4.
    I like the graphics, the sounds, and the gameplay all it needs now is a good modding community like Source had (only reason i liked to play Source) and can customize bot matches w/o having to go into the console then it would be a blast.
  41. Aug 28, 2012
    Great Game. It's only 15 bucks, the price of a map pack. This is like a fully updated counter strike game. It retains the core elements of the original counter strike like classic competitive mode, but it's also got a new, fresh feel to it. The arms race gamemode is more fun than gungame from CS:S imho. The recoils are different and there are some new things like molotovs, which just spice up the game a little bit. In terms of graphics, this is pretty much as far as the source engine will go. Also don't listen to people complaining about hit registration. They're just used to the broken hit reg of CS 1.6. This is FIXED and you actually hit people when you're supposed to. Enjoy the game and have fun! ;D Expand
  42. Aug 29, 2012
    This is a great CS,just like the first one.The news weapons are awesome,the molotov is a great idea to put into the game.This is one of the best multiplayer games,COD and BF can't win to CS.
  43. Nov 30, 2012
    Ok, guys. The game is better than I expected. Better graphic but the most important thing is the core gameplay is still remain the same. Bought at Steam worth $7! Definite must buy game...:)
  44. Aug 24, 2012
    One of the best of the CS series. Sure the first CS is the leader of them all, but CS:GO just puts the series onto a whole new level. It proves that Source can give amazing graphics as well as incredible gameplay, and it shows that CS will never die out. I think this is an amazing release made by VALVe and it's worth every penny.
  45. Aug 24, 2012
    its a awsome game i allways have played counter strike in my hole live i love the new counter strike global offesive game it is awsome love the new guns in the game
  46. Aug 24, 2012
    Counter-Strike is revived with Global Offensive! I seriously haven't had this much fun since 1.6. The game objectives are simple but the gameplay is brilliantly balanced. The new graphics are a bonus but the real emphasis is on teamwork and strategy. Every round feels tense, and there are no cheap deaths, only mistakes. I might be exuding some VALVe fanboyism here, but I'm honestly tired of the CoD hyper run-and-gun insta-kill culture, which to hardcore gamers is destroying the gaming industry. It does nothing but make you narcissistic and think for yourself only. Even though there's teams and the developers say teamwork is involved it really isnt, it's every man for himself as they're running around bobbing their heads aiming down the sights like some super soldier hero. People may complain about CS having no iron sights, but the fact is all these so-called 'realistic' shooters are only using mechanics like head bob and iron sights for immersion. What iron sights actually do is slow down the pace of gameplay, it's an unnecessary complicating mechanic that would never work in Counter-Strike. At the end of the day, how 'realistic' can first person shooters be? Every shooter has tried to copy CoD after its inception, and even other non-first person shooter multiplayer games like Uncharted. It's the whole ranking up system, perks, killstreak rewards and airstrike crap. Someone who spends more time than you is going to own you and then you get to see their flashy personalized 'banner'. That's not competitive. More games need to be the 'zero-sum' type like CS, L4D, Starcraft, Street Fighter etc. where players all start evenly and have equal chances. The latest reiteration of Counter-Strike is also the BEST version to date. It's fast paced, brutal and truly a blast to play. Expand
  47. Aug 23, 2012
    Best game of the Counter-Strike Franchise after 1.6, better graphics, new official game modes, and it's cheap, only 11
  48. Aug 24, 2012
    Good game. It differs from other games of a series a counter strike. It has many advantages, but also there are shortcomings. And instead of watering game by dirt, report about game shortcomings that developers could improve game. 9/10!
  49. Sep 2, 2012
    I am so happy to say that Counter-Strike has been properly remade! When I am playing it brings back the amazing memories of 1.6 and having my own server, which I will again strive for in CS:GO. I liked Source, but overall the mechanics didn't feel right to me. Valve definitely hit the nail square on the head with the CS:GO engine, very good graphics and models with smooth and fast paced game play. The guns are also great and the buy menu is easy to navigate. The ONLY reason I am not giving this game a 10 is because there are already hacks available and people using them, there has to be a way to stop this Valve/Steam! Expand
  50. Aug 24, 2012
    lets see, my favorite game of all time made again? I wonder what I will do... Give it a ten and buy it of course. But seriously, cs and css were some of the funnest games ever made. Lets look at cs:go, fun. yes. community maps? yes. mods. yes. Anything to complain about no. price. great!
  51. Nov 18, 2012
    Valve does it again. In my opinion everything has improved. Gameplay hasn't changed much at all (and it shouldn't), the steep learning curve is still there, and seems more like 1.6 than source. The buy menu is much better, more convenient, and doesn't close down when you buy an individual item causing you to reopen it again and again. The weapons have been rebalanced so the over used ak, m4, awp and desert eagle isn't the only thing you see now, but they still haven't lost their power. New items such as the molotov **** for stopping a rush and decoy grenades for fooling your enemies are nice new features. The small cons of the game are my opinion of course: the silencer for the m4 is gone, only can carry 1 flashbang instead of 2, and total lack of maps. Yes these are my only cons with the games. When I first bought the game, it wasn't very polished, but now it has very few glitches and bugs. Since it is Valve, we get free maps and content, meaning the silencer might come back whenever it wants to and new maps will pop up with time. If you are a veteran or noob to Counter Strike, Global Offensive DOES NOT disappoint. Great job Valve. Now...about that episode 3? :) Expand
  52. Sep 10, 2012
    Alright, a lot of people are a bit disappointed with the game so far, in comparison to CS:S, but, you gotta see things a bit away from source if that makes any damn sense.
    The thing is, this game only costs 15 dollars and it's some really high quality entertainment for that small amount of money, and we all know Valve is gonna drop a ton of updates on us, so whats with the
    disappointment? Now if this was 30 or 60 dollars, i'd bash this game to oblivion even with updates, because charging that much for a game and the putting updates up later is stupid, especially since updates might be halted or cancelled, but Valve gave us a good game, for a good price, the updates from this point are just bonuses from this point, I think ti's under-appreciated, people were expecting the biggest thing ever, well, they only asked for 15 dollars, could it considered to be a cop-out of Valve to just not live up to those expectations? I'm not sure, but right now, all that matters is that i'm having a blast on GO. Expand
  53. Sep 4, 2012
    Ok dudes and dudettes. If you liked the old school CS. You will like this one. Also it's 15 freaking dollars. Super cheap and intense FPS fun. I wish they brought back the flashlight and tags, but whatever. It's still fun .
  54. Aug 25, 2012
    Love this game! Very smooth and polished and much more accessible than previous versions. I believe this was a much needed upgrade for the game and should draw new players to the series.
  55. Aug 25, 2012
    Simply put, this is an update to Counter Strike. The core of Counter Strike is relatively unchanged, and depending on your opinion of the original, it's a good thing. However, I will say, it's hard to find a FPS that matches CS's Defuse gametype.
  56. Aug 25, 2012
    An excellent polish to an already great game. Everything feels as it should be and there is an incredible amount of rewarding for good trigger discipline/aim. Counter Strike veterans will feel at home.
  57. Sep 2, 2012
  58. Sep 3, 2012
    Improved gunplay, graphics, sound coupled with new modes and maps make this a really fun and addicting entry to CS. I stopped playing Source because it started to feel a little dated but this has made me want to play CS again. Demolition and Arms Race are very, very fun. The classic maps are also much better balanced while still having that old feel we all love. At $15 this is a steal.
  59. Sep 5, 2012
    After 14 years of playing, this is "half life" consistent successor and with new age graphic and better physics, this game have plenty of potential for tournaments and other gather festivals, because people which play this game so long, they are tired of failing in every other extension before GO! This we waited so long and i hope for understanding from everyone, because this is 21st century and now everyone have pc and if you like games 15$ are nothing, u spend that on stupid things, this is not one of them! Gl & hf! Expand
  60. Sep 6, 2012
    I like this iteration of the Counter Strike series not because of it's amazing price at only 15 USD or because of the updated graphics. I like this because of the better engine and improved game-play, smarter bots, great steam community and amazing potential with the new engine for mods to come.
  61. Sep 8, 2012
    - I am not a CS:S player but a CS 1.6 player. I haven't been playing any game for while after CS GO has been made available on MAC. - I am very happy with it. Good price. Good Graphics. Seems to be the game engine is well optimised where it doesnt require much computer power. It took me a little while to get used to this game. - The weapons in the game seems more balanced than its predecessors.

- Great game ! Its just $15 bucks !!
  62. Sep 29, 2012
    First of all, the only people doing negative scores is boys at age 12-15 that doesn't want to grow up from CS 1.6. Myself, I've played since 2003 and I think CS:GO is a really good game. I wasn't a fan of the graphics at first, nor the recoil and such - But after a few moments of playing it's just fine.

As I said; It's only kids downgrading this game. Be open to changes, is all I have
    to say. CS have been out there for 12 years and nothing have really changed. It was basically the same game from beta to 1.6 which sponsors don't like. Why CS 1.6 are dying is because of less and less sponsors actually give something to the scene, and why? Well because of the game being OLD and UGLY and so 2000.

Grow some f'ing balls and start playing CS:GO. It's the players making how popular a game is going to be.
  63. Oct 9, 2012
    Awesome, i would suggest this game for those who love classic FPS, hope Valve can make a story out of it. CS with Police/Terrorist story mode, must be exciting. For those downgrading this game, please wake up boys.
  64. Nov 1, 2012
    After reading Pingman's review, i felt like i had to review this game. If you are comparing this game to Call of Duty, i suggest you leave because the games are nothing alike. Counter Strike Global Offensive is a new and improved version of the classic competitive FPS, and valve knows its only a facelift which is why they only charge 14.99 for it. Which is not what i can say for Call of Duty, the 3-4 games with a different campaign, yet they charge 59.99? If you are a old CS player, having the original, 1.6 and source, then get this game, if you are a first timer to CS, give it a try. Its a blend of how competitive FPS should be like and the nostalgic feeling of an original game from the past. Oh guess what, the updates are free. And there are going to be alot of maps and modes coming out not to mention mods from the community. Expand
  65. Oct 5, 2012
    Underrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels like the game is going to get better over-time, since they are famous for delaying games, and it is clear they wanted to satisfy the market. I would recommend that anyone that has bought the game to keep up with updates, major or minor, an in a while, we may have something even more golden for a community to start modding. Expand
  66. Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome game! A good continuation after bad CS:S. Recommend! Valve have done a great job and they keep update this game. It surely will be better soon! :)
  67. Sep 21, 2012
    As a long time player of 1.6 I was very disappointed by Counter-Strike: Source and thought that CS:GO would make the same mistakes. I was wrong. This is a good game and I hope the professional community looks at moving on from 1.6 as the Starcraft community has moved on from Broodwar.
  68. Nov 8, 2012
    CS:GO is NOT an UPDATE to CS. CS:GO is an entirely new game. Spray patterns are different. Bursting is different. Hitboxes are smaller, models slightly bigger. New guns and new nades. Molotovs/Incid are naw great CC's and can change/hinder the flow of a rush. Smokes are extremely effective. This is a new counter-strike so play it as such
  69. Nov 11, 2012
    I really love this game. The ELO team skill ranking really works and they keep making updates, so each time is better than before. Competitive mode is so nice... if u abandon 4 matches in less than a week, you get banned for 1 week. Best Counter Strike ever for only $15.

CS:GO > CS 1.6 > CS:Source
  70. Sep 28, 2012
    I play CS all my life. Since 1.3 to CS:S. I remember when people did not like CSS. But i think css more realistic, more stable and more balanced. And now i think can say.. This not CS, this isn't even game.
  71. Jan 23, 2013
    Something for new and old CS players. The new game modes and skill-based matchmaking mean there is something for everyone, and coming into the game is not nearly as punishing as previous incarnations of CS. Already a large amount of maps and extra game-modes in the community servers in addition to Valve's official content.

Updates coming every 2 weeks, for free!
  72. Sep 10, 2012
    Very fun game like all Valve games and definitely worth 10 euro, compared to other games like BF3 who need 100 euro to get full boring and lazy game.
  73. Nov 14, 2012
    CSGO has yet again defined how a competitive shooter should be.
    Yes, it may not have reached the standard's of 1.6, however, thanks to Valve's promises of future updates, the future of CSGO shines brightly.

Fit for both Casual and Competitive player, as well as costing a shocking $15, it's a must buy for any fps fan.
  74. Sep 18, 2012
    Valve resurrected the old spirit with the new engine,which known as Source,making an immortal legend.in this game,absolutely the game experience is hugely expanded.the word expand here refers do a lot of things:the arm racing mode was officialized (i used to play this mode in CS and CSS,but the mode wasnt official),new weapons and new maps.i think the glory of CS is definitely gonna be continue in another body,which is this game.well they dont have a zoom scope but thats the point. Expand
  75. Sep 3, 2012
    I wish new CS 1.6.
    I don't need BF2 or COD. I need old CS with more friendly graphic and more balanced weapon.
    And i catch it!

Big thx for Molotov **** Valve - new tactics, new degree of freedom!
  76. Sep 19, 2012
    An improvement on every level. New graphics, a mixture of old and new, refreshing maps, and more guns. MORE EVERYTHING! If there were any maps that don't exist in CS:GO, I don't complain, because the rest of the game is fantastic. If you also enjoy TF2, you will have to be more precise and efficient with your shots. I barely play Source anymore because when I play community servers, most of the servers are on a new version (CS:GO) of the game. At only 14.99, do not hesistate to buy this. You will enjoy many hours of this great game. Expand
  77. Oct 2, 2012
    Definitely a Counter-Strike game without a doubt! Any true Counter-Strike fan will know that this is just much more than a rehashed Counter-Strike: Source with better graphics. The entire game feels incredibly fresh despite its age old formula. The graphics are definitely a major factor as well to take into consideration; the game looks fantastic! And is also incredibly well optimized for PC's [Gee, I wonder why.]
    I also must say a major point for this game to me personally was the vastly improved weapon sounds that completely obliterate the competition games. These sounds are incredibly realistic and so satisfying to hear! Overall, the game is fantastic, and is a MUST for any Counter-Strike fan. The new controller centered GUI for weapons buying may put you off slightly, but you'll get used to it pretty fast!

Buy it!
  78. Nov 21, 2012
    This absolutely is the BEST Counter-Strike, despite the predictable negative reactions from many 1.6 and Source fanatics and newcomers who understandably fail to see the greatness of CS. GO has more accurate bullet physics and hit detection than CS: Source, very nice new models and voices ("Flashbang out" makes more sense than "Fire in the Hole", duh) and the casual approach is only on the surface. This is hardcore CS as it should be and it's very, very nice.

Downside is the number of maps. And yes.. it lacks a silencer and flashlight, but it adds an incendiary grenade/molotov.
  79. Mar 16, 2013
    Overall a really good game, played it a lot and even got 3 buddy's that normally doesn't play FPS to like it.. But old fashion games that still prefer 1.5/.1.6 may think its been too smooth ad pretty..
  80. Dec 27, 2012
    cs 1.6 > cs go > cs 1.3 > cs cz > cs 1.0> css
    cs go is the best game u can get for 14eus
    excellent graphics for all pc with lower hardware, fun gameplay/team gameplay, a ranking system , a few more guns and keep is real to the old basics maps aiming sounds etc ,thats what i love about cs , defiantly worth the 14
  81. Mar 31, 2013
    I think this is the best Counter Strike because the graphics are better than the old Source Engine.At the release weren't many maps available but more maps are added now so you can play many maps from the older versions of Counter Strike.But the new maps are very good too.The new game modes are varied so you got more fun of it.A Map Workshop is now available so you can download user-created maps.
    For only 15$ is the game the best game you can get for this price!
  82. May 30, 2013
    Anger, frustration, humiliation, and just... pure RAGE online with other people who know the maps better than you and get killed OVER 30 TIMES! I LOVE IT!
  83. Jan 19, 2013
    CS:GO is the game I always wanted Source to be. It is the successor to the original counter-strike in every way that source could never be. The physics are tighter. No more feeling like you're a marshmallow skating across ice. The recoil patterns are not as predictable. In source, you could spray without considering recoil, in CS:GO, much like the original counter-strike, you must understand the spread of each gun and counteract the recoil when you attempt to spray. The matchmaking works surprisingly well, especially as more people continue to get the game. In August, wait times for classic competitive were > 5 minutes. Today, they're about 30 seconds. With the skill ranking system games end up being pretty even, and with punishments for leaving the game early, people are generally inclined to play to win and be good teammates. There are, of course, some downsides. I think the balancing is wrong on a couple of guns, the P90 in particular stands out as being overtuned. This version of the P90 belongs in source, with no recoil and high damage output. You also get a bonus $300 per kill - a total of $600. However, there are other guns which have been made more useful. Duel Berettas are not a joke anymore, neither are the shotguns or the heavy machine guns. There is also the lack of officially supported maps. The maps we do have were originally created 10+ years ago, and some of those original maps aren't even in the game yet. It's disappointing to me that more official maps haven't been released yet for use in classic competitive mode. Incendiary grenades are also a bit of a nuisance. The high cost of purchase is of little concern when you're raking in $600/kill with a gun like the p90, and even though you can counter the incendiaries with a smoke, it still feels too powerful.

All that being said, I'm more than willing to put my full faith behind CS:GO and make the switch permanently from 1.6. As I said in the beginning of my review, it's the game I had always wished CS:S would be.
  84. Feb 3, 2013
    I can say, it's not the best cs, I'm a fan to css and alot peoples says that this is like that, but thats wrong, sure the maps maybe looks pretty the same as css but the rest with the weopens, skins and all, it's alot of differents.. and the ranking thing they have done makes you alot more pissed off when you lose a game than without the ranking thing.. but it's fun too.. but It's still counter strike so I will give it 10/10 Expand
  85. Nov 14, 2012
    This is a game of games. If you enjoy Counter Strike's award winning gameplay and tactics, You simply cannot miss this one. Being more modernized and balanced, this version of Counter Strike plays like no other CS. Being a Veteran of CS, this version accurately displays a more friendly game with it's quick match feature and new additions that make Counter Strike: Counter Strike. The game keeps true to it's quirky and different game style and play from other games and not surprisingly very fun. The game deems itself on one's and overall team's skill of using firearms, and requires the player to skillfully engage enemies with a sense of tactics. This game is WAY over its worth of only 15 USD, and should be notable for its overall touch ups and new gameplay of other CS games. Expand
  86. Nov 19, 2012
    Good game. Worth the money. Buy and join us. You will not regret. Super game. I recommend to all, excellent graphics, good physics, good graphics. Of course there are downsides. But they are not important, I put the game of 10 points out of 10. All cool.
  87. Feb 11, 2013
    I've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly fee of $15 (cheaper than css) free dlc it is worth the money. Expand
  88. Dec 17, 2012
    If you are hardcore 1.6 or hardcore CS:S, then just stay with your game and don't come complaining in the CS:GO servers. CS:GO is counter-strike. Just like how 1.6 and CS:S are a little different, CS:GO is a little different too. From CS:S, CS:GO wasn't hard for me to adjust to. Unlike in CS:S, there aren't those "noob" labels on guns. The AWP is more fair, the machines guns are just a blast (instead of getting angry on death, you sort of laugh) and the auto-shotty and auto-sniper are more "morally" acceptable as powerful weapons. I can have a lot of fun playing, in the same way I had fun in CS:S. Expand
  89. Dec 20, 2012
    400 hours in and I am still addicted to both the casual and competive side of play. As a long time CS player I'm really enjoying GO and see it as the best CS to date. Vets of the series might have a few complaints about the recoil on some of the weapons and overall lack of innovation, which I agree with to a point. CS:GO needs to be played with a clean slate, despite the familiar maps. A big shake up of the guns and their recoil paths, matchmaking and extra game mods are in my opinion, a welcome addition.

With such a small price tag, CS:GO is a must have. A steam sale is now on and with Christmas just around the corner, why not stock up on a few copies and gift them to friends. I guarentee that good times are to be had with CS:GO.
  90. Jan 9, 2013
    Been playing cs since 1.5. Definitely not a reskin like others say. Getting headshots feels rewarding, unlike source did. Hitbox detection is great, recoil feels good, implementation of GunGame. I'm quite impressed as i thought it was going to be another **** source wannabe game.
  91. Jan 21, 2013
    Valve aimed to improve on the CS series with this game and they did just that. Small tweaks add improvements and slight alterations to map designs fix what were uneven maps. This game as not advertised as a brand new game. It stays true to the feel and style of the previous titles. Since release, changes have continued as the dev team listens to the gamers and makes things even better. One fault currently is the lack of official maps, but these may be added in the future. Plus, the graphics look great. If your a fan of the CS games, you will enjoy GO. If you're not, give this game a shot and see if it's your type of play. They also added in different match making and play types including competitive play. These matches add another level of skill to the game and allow better organized clan play. Expand
  92. Jan 22, 2013
    Counter strike global offensive is awesome, great gameplay, looks great, and the community overall isn't too bad.. Atleast not as bad as i'd expect from an FPS game. The only reason my score will be 9 instead of 10 is the lack of new maps, for the competitive gamemode. The competitive game mode is amazing tho, just make sure you play with your friends, chances are high that your teammates will 100% focus on fragging, and not give a f-ck about the objective. Expand
  93. Jan 27, 2013
    Best game in a line of Counter Strike, a mixture of the two most popular online shooter in a wonderful game. Graphics by excerpts 2012 fine. I hope this game players are connected both games Counter Strike: Source and Counter Strike 1.6
  94. Feb 16, 2013
    The gameplay is, of course, CS-style yet it's quite different from both 1.6 and CSS which is not necessarily a bad thing. I see a lot of people complaining because it doesn't have the 1.6 feeling but that is fine in my opinion, I feel that every CS game is good and potentially competitive in its own way. If you're looking for something more "serious" than your average no-brain modern shooter then this game is for you. Expand
  95. Feb 28, 2013
    CS:GO perks: Matchmaking is awesome (a match to 15 is way funner than casual, and their system is now pretty fluid and easy to use). GUNS ARE MORE BALANCED (in the past people always get AK and M4. Now the shotgun and machine gun are actually good enough to be used in a NON-TROLLING fashion!)................Also a lot of things people complained about being incomplete (bad matchmaking, no assault map) have been FIXED now!............... I'm most sick of the 1.6 die-hard fans complaining about how cs:go is "inferior" to their beloved old game. These people complain about a number of changes such as: Slightly reduced visibility at long ranges due to fog effects, and reduced ability or changed patterns of how the guns "spray" bullets. Oh, so you can't do your extremely strange well-known strategy of "spray at exactly this wall when you hear this person coming at this certain location and then move my mouse down at exactly 0.2 millimeters per second which will result in a certain headshot" which you've practiced for years? And boo hoo, an explosive grenade momentarily generates some smoke that is hard to see through, so you can't implement your age-old extremely specific strategy that happens to depend on being able to see through a grenade explosion. YOU MEAN THE GAMEPLAY AND STRATEGIES ACTUALLY CHANGED? And people have to adapt and not use their repetitive muscle-memory mundane strategies to exploit the well-known mechanics of the first game? And actually have to think of different things? OH WOW. WHAT A CONCEPT. Expand
  96. Mar 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best FPS game since Call of Duty. Actually it is the best competitive FPS game ever, I strongly recommended everyone to play this game. It has more modes than counter strike 1.5, and more maps. Weapons are totally re-produced, new categories also introduced into this game. I must say thanks for the game company, well our dream game was saved and lasted. I will 100% buy the next expansion if there is. Expand
  97. Nov 7, 2013
    Arguably the best Counter-Strike ever made this version keep the core of the game-play that made the first version popular and add features and innovations that make it really great.
  98. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is unbelievably competitive, addicting, fast paced, fun. If you like a game that is really requiring your skills, this is the game that you wanted.
  99. Dec 10, 2012
    NOT FOR NOOB! if you are a noob don't buy it! It is hard and you must improve yourself to learn to win! It's HARD! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB!
  100. Dec 22, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (aka CS:GO) is one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. You always feel like playing another round, and you always want to improve at the game and understand the game better. And improving at this game is unbelievably satisfying and rewarding, and being able to get around the complicated recoil system to pile up the kills is deeply satisfying. This game is incredibly hardcore, and requires skill more than anything. You can't just run up to people and spray bullets everywhere, as it'll get you nowhere. CS:GO takes patience, accuracy and good reflexes. Your heart will pound when you're the last man standing in your team, as everyone's eyes are on you from the spectator screens. Being able to win a match as the last man standing feels very rewarding, mainly because you were able to outlast everyone in your team and win. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a very fun and addictive game which will take away hours of your day again and again. Good luck trying to move your eyes away from the computer screen with this game; it's a very hard task. Collapse

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]