7.8

1. Aug 22, 2012
    CS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weaponsCS:GO may seem too familiar to those who have played Source, but £11 for a new title is a bargain, especially given the quality. Source felt a bit wishy-washy, with no official modes and servers. CS:GO is not only well-organised but more catering to less experienced players whilst still retaining the essence of what makes counter-strike a proffessional gamer's shooter. New weapons may seem more like reskins but I prefer the simplicity of having no silencers and the properly working stats and decent achievements right from the game's release as oppose to an update 5 years after the game's release or something. Global Offensive's graphics aren't vastly different, but it is certainly the best looking shooter on the Source engine to date, and doesn't look as outdated as it should do for a 2004 game engine. The game seems well balanced, snipers are impressive, the Scout/SSG is no longer terrible and genuinely viable in competitive matches. Blur is added to sniper scopes while moving to balance them too. WWeapons do seem balanced and people use more than just AK, MR, Deagle and AWP. The 4 game modes - Casual Competitive, Classic Competitive, Demolition and Arms Race means there's something for everyone. Sure there's no Capture the Flag but in a game where there's no sprinting, health regen, killstreaks, aim down sights or ability to revive or heal teammates, it's probably for the best. Gun game is finally officially supported, and Demolition simplifies the game by removing the need to buy weapons. I've always wanted to try counter-strike properly but Source was just far too disorganised and had other distractions. Global Offensive brings the classic game into a modern setting without falling into the trap of being a Call of Duty clone. It's still counter-strike, with exactly the same gameplay mechanics as the original, but presented in a more appealing and fun package. It certainly feels more welcoming for newcomers than Source, which is a big plus not only for competitive gaming but for the franchise as a whole. The only thing lacking is Team Deathmatch, however this would require a "Create a Class" which would turn it into CoD. Arms Race fills that spot, and Demolition combines Classic CS with Gun Game. The primary reason why this game is more accomodating is because it was meant to be a port of Source to Xbox LIVE, so obviously some things needed to be changed or added to broaden its appeal. And for the most part, Valve have done a great job. Matchmaking is efficient, bots for offline play are exclellent with decent AI programming rather than the predictably linear Source AI and the package as whole is much more modern as oppose to Source, where it was a case of "too little, too late" when they decided to update it. If you haven't played CS before and want to give it a go, this is the best game. Equally if you are a seasoned Veteran it might make for a refereshing start if you are looking to get back into it. Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2013
    A solid upgrade to the Counter-Strike series. GO contains basically just revamped maps, weapons, and UI elements along with a store for you to buy cosmetic items. This isn't a sequel so it doesn't offer much innovation, but it is priced appropriately. The core mechanics still need to be tuned up to bring this series into its next generation.
  3. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    I hadn't played any CS game until GO went free for a weekend on Steam and I would be a liar if I said it was love at first sight. Everything was so difficult and I used to die like 20 times per match even against easy bots. I kept playing because I just loved its graphics too much to abandon it and now it's one of my favorite games. 10/10 graphics 9/10 gameplay 8/10 online experience 9/10 maps.
  4. Dec 13, 2012
    Same as CS:S but with new graphics. There might be more changes under the hood but they aren't noticeable to me after hours of playing it. If you haven't played any Counter-Strike before then pick this up. Otherwise stick with what you have already because this is just consolified CS:S.
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    In a way there's not a lot of point in reviewing this. It is the best counterstrike version by a wide margin, and the new modes such as arms race are face-melting-ly good. But if you hate counterstrike this won't change your mind.
    If you're an old school fan like me and you want it to feel new again like it did back in 99 then this is TOTALLY the game for you!
  6. Aug 21, 2012
    After the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few newAfter the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few new maps, a couple of new guns and introduces a new, easier to use interface along with vastly improved matchmaking mechanics. If you don't own a Counter-Strike game already then his is the package for you but if you are already an existing fan then £16 for a graphical upgrade and a handful of new features may not be enough to sway your decision. Expand
  7. Aug 16, 2013
    Counter-Strike GO is sharp where it counts. It's very familiar to the long time veterans who have stuck around for over a decade while offering a much-appreciated face lift and slight variance/additions to bring it closer to modern-day shooters, instead of solely sticking to its "guns" and offering the one classic gametype that carried CS for years without fault. Counter-Strike as aCounter-Strike GO is sharp where it counts. It's very familiar to the long time veterans who have stuck around for over a decade while offering a much-appreciated face lift and slight variance/additions to bring it closer to modern-day shooters, instead of solely sticking to its "guns" and offering the one classic gametype that carried CS for years without fault. Counter-Strike as a franchise will likely never offer the expansive or immersive gameplay that titles such as Battlefield have come to master, but that's kind of the beauty of it. You can literally jump in and out of games at-will. No matter what, whether you're looking for 15 minutes of tactical fury or a 3-hour binge session, Counter-Strike GO still carries the ability to draw an audience and keep it especially for the fans that favor the less forgiving mindlessness that Call of Duty has rewarded so abundantly. Definitely worth a look. Expand
  8. May 19, 2013
    When this game got released, I was able to see the community "splitted": one who complained that CS was perfect as it was, and the other that it was a great innovation. I personally don't care which side is right, because, to me, this game is basically what the original CS should have done. And that is, to be more user friendly. Yes I also played the original CS (although just CS:S) and IWhen this game got released, I was able to see the community "splitted": one who complained that CS was perfect as it was, and the other that it was a great innovation. I personally don't care which side is right, because, to me, this game is basically what the original CS should have done. And that is, to be more user friendly. Yes I also played the original CS (although just CS:S) and I knew why it was good: it required skills in aiming, in timing and you needed team work, but it failed on the learning curve which was INSANE. Most of the matches were "Arena" based (there was also demolition but I rarely did it, while gungame was rare), and this was how I played: I entered, I walked in, I died from a headshot from an Ak-47 from an enemy at the other side of the map, I waited for my team to lose so I could respawn....this wasn't funny. Did I suck? Yeah of course, but I had no way to learn since I would die once I was alive! That's what this game did right: you finally can learn how to play, you can FINALLY play without fearing of dying after 10 seconds you've stepped in...and I started to enjoy! While this might be a rant in a way, what I'm trying to point out is that while it has no real innovation (just graphics and the interfaces), it's also much easier to learn and even newbies like me can go in, play and just try to have fun without being obsessively scared of dying! Of course, you can still play the original method as well, but it's all up to you to choose and you can easily try it once you've mastered it enough. Aside the fact of the innovation, it has also other benefits anyway: the maps are still good to this day, with almost no possibility for camping or hide perfectly, both because it requires a HUGE amount of aming, and in Deathmatch the respawns are random, so you can easily die anytime if you don't move. I believe we got less weapons now, but more "balanced" in a way, although I can't be totally sure since in the original game I couldn't buy due to the my lack income of money. For flaws, in my opinion, I still hate the hitboxes being clunky and very sporadic to hit (like I said, I might suck on this...but I would miss enemies even at blank point range, while for some reasons I was able to headshot with my shotgun. From the other side of the map!!!) and some weapons aren't exactly perfect and in the end people use few of them in total. All in all, I really enjoyed this game and for the first time I was able to play a Counter Strike game and have fun, without however neglecting the old community and giving us all the modes we used to play, plus some customizations. I might be a bad CS player for liking the "friendly" way this game approaches...but personally, if a game isn't fun and it's just made of frustration and constant complaining, it's not worth of my time and I easily quit it. A good remake, with a good learning curve this time. Expand
  9. Jun 29, 2014
    This beats COD any day. Thank you Gabe and everyone at Valve. You guys have probably made one of the (if not the best) FPS of 2011... and 2012... and 2013... and 2014... You know, this could be the FPS of the decade.
  10. Dec 11, 2012
    For those wanting a back-to-basics multiplayer shooter or a more polished version of Counter-Strike: Source, CS:GO might be right up your alley. If you're looking for drastic changes over the previous Counter-Strikes or you enjoy unlocking weapon and perk unlocks, then don't bother.
  11. Aug 21, 2012
    It's an improvement over the original CS in terms of accessibility and game modes, but make no mistake, it's still the same game with a new coat of paint. This is either a good or bad thing depending on how you felt about CS in the first place, but I will say that it's showing its age.
  12. May 21, 2013
    CS:GO is one of the most fun shooters I have ever played. Its game play makes you feel accomplished after every kill and actually takes a fair amount of skill to be good at. The only complaint that i have is that sadly some game modes i cant even step foot into as they are just dominated by "Pro" gamers. I dont stand a chance in game modes like Competitive Demoliton and i understand why,CS:GO is one of the most fun shooters I have ever played. Its game play makes you feel accomplished after every kill and actually takes a fair amount of skill to be good at. The only complaint that i have is that sadly some game modes i cant even step foot into as they are just dominated by "Pro" gamers. I dont stand a chance in game modes like Competitive Demoliton and i understand why, so i dont play it. Its a game that is well balanced and has few flaws, and is just genuinely fun to play even if you arnt good at it. Expand
  13. May 30, 2013
    Anger, frustration, humiliation, and just... pure RAGE online with other people who know the maps better than you and get killed OVER 30 TIMES! I LOVE IT!
  14. May 22, 2013
    For rookies, like myself, the game is almost unplayable. There is barely any skill required from close range besides from spraying (according to my personal experiences) and they will either camp your spawn with a sniper rifle or wait until you come around a corner, and for the new ones among us, that's pretty much all there is to this game. Spawn, get killed, see how accuracy doesn'tFor rookies, like myself, the game is almost unplayable. There is barely any skill required from close range besides from spraying (according to my personal experiences) and they will either camp your spawn with a sniper rifle or wait until you come around a corner, and for the new ones among us, that's pretty much all there is to this game. Spawn, get killed, see how accuracy doesn't matter, and all over. The graphics are very dated, and by far the worst of Valve's source engine. The molotov effects look good, but it simply looks as there was barely any polish. People who say it has the best visuals by far haven't played any other Valve games, like Portal 2 and Dota 2. Expand
  15. Jan 4, 2015
    A great competitive game that can be great tactically. With new maps being added all the time along with custom servers there is endless replay value. The graphics are pretty average but do their job. Then there is the weapon skins: the reason most people play this game. An excellent money making mechanic by valve is the weapon skins as they vary so much and have played it well with theA great competitive game that can be great tactically. With new maps being added all the time along with custom servers there is endless replay value. The graphics are pretty average but do their job. Then there is the weapon skins: the reason most people play this game. An excellent money making mechanic by valve is the weapon skins as they vary so much and have played it well with the marketplace and being able to sell your skins and buy new crates. It's highly addictive and makes you want to play more to then show off your skins. Expand
  16. Jan 7, 2015
    A few years ago I wouldn't have even touched this game because it has a steep learning curve but last year I bought it on steam and I'm glad I did. It's a lot of fun. There aren't any classes or a level up system but it's pure tactical awesomeness.
  17. Apr 26, 2013
    Good remake with nice graphics but with so little new features sadly. I belive that valve could add something surprising and fixed the character movement, that is so artificial.
  18. Oct 16, 2014
    Simulator Simulator 2914
    Mexican hating simulator 2914
    HAX SIMULATOR 3014
  19. Sep 2, 2012
    I am so happy to say that Counter-Strike has been properly remade! When I am playing it brings back the amazing memories of 1.6 and having my own server, which I will again strive for in CS:GO. I liked Source, but overall the mechanics didn't feel right to me. Valve definitely hit the nail square on the head with the CS:GO engine, very good graphics and models with smooth and fast pacedI am so happy to say that Counter-Strike has been properly remade! When I am playing it brings back the amazing memories of 1.6 and having my own server, which I will again strive for in CS:GO. I liked Source, but overall the mechanics didn't feel right to me. Valve definitely hit the nail square on the head with the CS:GO engine, very good graphics and models with smooth and fast paced game play. The guns are also great and the buy menu is easy to navigate. The ONLY reason I am not giving this game a 10 is because there are already hacks available and people using them, there has to be a way to stop this Valve/Steam! Expand
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

21. Dec 28, 2013
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is atCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is at this mechanics so perfect. Expand
  22. Sep 4, 2013
    While the game is fun and addicting, it seems way too different that CS: Source and CS 1.6, if you're going to play a CS game for the first time, go with CS: Source, then pick this up and compare.
  23. Aug 8, 2014
    Global Offensive is not the original Counter-Strike, and although it's not that great, it's still good. Added some new game modes, changes the guns, added new features,... but keeps the core of its predecessor, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is some remarkable title in these days, when "Call of Duty" style shooter games rule the world.
  24. Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn'tMaybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn't closer to the PC version though, they could have given COD a run for their $. Expand
  25. Apr 24, 2013
    Believe it or not, I actually like this version of Counter-Strike better than its prequel, Counter-Strike Source, unlike most people who have reviewed this game in the past. When I first bought CS: Source, I really enjoyed everything about it, except for the graphics, which looked rather dated by today's graphical standards. This game updates the game's graphics, thus fixing the problem.Believe it or not, I actually like this version of Counter-Strike better than its prequel, Counter-Strike Source, unlike most people who have reviewed this game in the past. When I first bought CS: Source, I really enjoyed everything about it, except for the graphics, which looked rather dated by today's graphical standards. This game updates the game's graphics, thus fixing the problem. As for the gameplay, it is the same as it has always been: fast-paced multiplayer action. That's perfectly fine, I don't think this needs to change one bit. Counter-Strike should stay this way in order to stop it from being like certain OTHER modern warfare games (I'm looking at you COD and Battlefield). This game has the classic Counter-Strike game modes of hostage rescue and bomb disposal, however, it also adds two new modes into the mix to shake things up a little. Along with these two modes, it also adds arms race and demolition. These modes manage to keep the gameplay fresh and enjoyable for everyone by awarding people with new weapons for kills. There is no story for this game, but it doesn't need one. The game is just insane multiplayer action for everyone, so a story is rather unnecessary. This game does also have issues however. The game does crash quite a bit. I'm not so sure if this is a problem just with me, or if it's for everyone, but it keeps crashing and giving me errors such as "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request". The good news is that this game is one of the faster launching games in my Steam line-up, so this does not hurt the game very much, and it is easy to recover from a game crash such as this. However, there is also another problem. This game lacks a lot of the old maps that veteran CS:S players will have come to recognize. Valve will probably add more in with future updates, but for now, there aren't too many classic maps, and several for the new arms race and demolition modes. Lastly, despite this game being better than Source, it probably will never have the lasting impact Source left on the video game community. Source was much more influential than this game, creating an online community that is still active to this day. However, I still think that this game is better, due to the upgrades that were made on the existing mechanics of Source, along with the new modes. Overall, this game is one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. It does nothing to reinvent the Counter-Strike franchise, but it doesn't even have to. All Counter-Strike really needed was a graphical upgrade, a few new modes, and a few more tweaks on existing mechanics, and it got it. Expand
  26. May 17, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and playCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and play quietly for hours! Expand
  27. Aug 21, 2012
    Pretty ok. I was kinda hoping for something different, but it's the same exact thing as the previous games. If you like counterstrike, you'll probably like this. I prefer BF3.
  28. Nov 4, 2012
    Counter-Strike going Call of Duty, AKA being a bunch of sell-out whores for the current generation of little peer-pressured kids with hormone problems.
  29. Mar 29, 2013
    A $15 invitation to reconnect with a classic FPS. Its lost a coat of luster, but its still looking fine. Even though CS 1.6 is better this is still a nice little time waster now and again.
  30. Jun 15, 2013
    CS: GO may seem like an unnecessary addition to the CS franchise: the core game play is still the same and the game still only uses the source engine. However, CS: GO makes some good additions and refinements to the formula. There are new guns, improved graphics and some of the maps have been re-made and re-balanced. There are also some new game modes such as arms race and this is a goodCS: GO may seem like an unnecessary addition to the CS franchise: the core game play is still the same and the game still only uses the source engine. However, CS: GO makes some good additions and refinements to the formula. There are new guns, improved graphics and some of the maps have been re-made and re-balanced. There are also some new game modes such as arms race and this is a good game mode for those that don't like having to wait when they die. The new game modes are representative of an experience one would expect from a traditional COD game, and Valve have done a good job fitting it into the Counter-strike experience. CS:GO is also very cheap too ($15) and if you wait for Steam sales you can even get it at half of that, making it an absolute steal. All said, CS: GO makes some good changes to the formula and adds in more modes to appeal to the broader audience. Recommended. Expand
  31. Apr 26, 2014
    This is pure and classic counter-strike formula, updated for more modern gaming. Its worth picking up if you are a CS fan or enjoy multiplayer FPS games. Plus you can get it on sale for really cheap if you're patient enough.
  32. Feb 11, 2014
    Counter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, peopleCounter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, people may think that it's just Source with more modern graphics. However, under those shiny new graphics, there is also far more to this game lying in its exterior. Because it is a multiplayer only game, it does not have an actual story mode. Therefore, unlike my reviews in the past, I will not be talking about the story. I will instead be talking about its presentation as a whole. So, does this game make its predecessors look bad, or should gamers just keep playing Source until the next millennium? Let's find out. As I stated, this is a multiplayer game, so the entire game revolves around the whole multiplayer experience. This game does not change much at all from the original Counter-Strike games. There are two teams (under tournament circumstances and bot matches, there are five on each team), and both sides can win either by killing everyone on the opposing team, or completing an objective. Different from the originals? No. Is this bad? Heck no! The gameplay of Counter-Strike was what made it so special in the first place. The gameplay still feels fast, furious, fun and fresh after all these years. It manages to keep these old modes, and also add new ones. The new gameplay mode additions to this game are called Arms Race, and Demolition. Arms Race is a mode where players compete for kills and get increasingly more powerful weapons with each kill. The winner is the first player to get kills with every weapon in the game. As for demolition, it is a much more traditional game of Counter-Strike, but instead of buying weapons at the end of every round, weaker weapons are awarded based on the amount of kills that you have. These new gameplay modes are a welcome addition to the game, and add more to Counter-Strike then it ever had before. Overall, the gameplay of this game is as fantastic as it has ever been. The graphics are probably the best of any Source Engine game as of yet released. Everything in this game looks absolutely stunning and beautiful. From the character models to the weapons, this game makes even its competitors look bad. Okay, that might be overstating it just a little. The source engine, though great, does not beat the graphical power of Dice's frostbite engine used for the Battlefield series. That's not to say the games graphics are bad, after all I just said they are fantastic. They just aren't Battlefield's. They are still better than Call of Duty however. The presentation is nice too. The U.I. is done very well, and so is the A.I. The A.I. is very intelligent and does its job very well. It has very good multiplayer servers. The maps are all very nice as well. It has many classic Counter-Strike maps, along with new ones. However, while this game's presentation is nice, there is one big problem that it will never overcome. It will never have the same lasting impact that Source and the original left on the gaming community. Sure it looks better, but it will probably never have the fanbase that Source has always had. This game is still fantastic on its own right however. Overall, I'd say that this game is totally worth buying, even if you have never played Counter-Strike before. That is why I recommend it to everyone who wants to play.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  33. Mar 2, 2015
    The best aspect of 'Counterstrike' is how with each new release, the gameplay remains the same as it was back when everyone was still playing on dial up connections and crappy white and beige CRT monitors, while still offering modern day graphics and updated game engines. Now, having a game where the core gameplay never changes might actually sound like a terrible thing for games to doThe best aspect of 'Counterstrike' is how with each new release, the gameplay remains the same as it was back when everyone was still playing on dial up connections and crappy white and beige CRT monitors, while still offering modern day graphics and updated game engines. Now, having a game where the core gameplay never changes might actually sound like a terrible thing for games to do these days, like with the 'Call of Duty' franchise for instance, but with 'Counterstrike' it's exactly what you want. It's not that the developers are lazy or no longer posses the skills to be creative, it's the fact that this game is so loved, so already perfect, that anything other than aesthetic updates would be a crime against humanity.

Other than that, what else is there to really say about 'Counterstrike' that hasn't already been said? It's the game that got millions of 90's kids to harass their parents for faster modems and better video cards. It's the game that kept myself and many of my friends up over countless nights all because the server '24/7 Militia' was a real thing that existed. It's the game that coined the term 'spray and pray'. It's the game that played perfectly fine on 56K modems way before cable internet even existed. You get the idea. Counterstrike is great and if you haven't played it yet, you probably should. I for one know that I'll never get the sound of 'Counter Terrorists' and 'Terrorists Win' out of my mind, and I'm totally okay with that.
  34. Nov 15, 2013
    Decent remake. Yes some could argue that it isnt CS or CSS but those two were also quite different to begin with. Nobody forces you to buy it. Thus an retail version would have been nice since iam against DRM BS. Still refreshing from thousands of hours CS and CSS.
  35. Sep 13, 2012
    This is a primitive shooter. PRIMITIVE. I understand the viewpoint that some games shouldn't be updated, I can't argue against that, but there's a good reason why it costs 15 bucks. As an FPS experience it comes no where near to standing up next to its contemporaries. If it weren't for it's low price tag, this would be a zero. But at 15 dollars, it's a nice trip down memory lane. AndThis is a primitive shooter. PRIMITIVE. I understand the viewpoint that some games shouldn't be updated, I can't argue against that, but there's a good reason why it costs 15 bucks. As an FPS experience it comes no where near to standing up next to its contemporaries. If it weren't for it's low price tag, this would be a zero. But at 15 dollars, it's a nice trip down memory lane. And that's it. Expand
  36. Jan 31, 2015
    AWESOME! The whole game is good, but the whole game has a lot of errors, like the **** music kits and those annoying **** settings, there's no setting to mute the music, what a terrible menu design, loading times are ridiculous, spawn system in deathmatch is a joke, the music is beautiful. the gameplay much more fluid than previous counter strike titles, it's just feels great and very fun,AWESOME! The whole game is good, but the whole game has a lot of errors, like the **** music kits and those annoying **** settings, there's no setting to mute the music, what a terrible menu design, loading times are ridiculous, spawn system in deathmatch is a joke, the music is beautiful. the gameplay much more fluid than previous counter strike titles, it's just feels great and very fun, new modes to play, amazing updates, masks, weapons skins, new and better maps. this is awesome.

Good (+):
    + Amazing gameplay and hitbox detection
    +Marvelous music and sound effects
    +New amazing features, such as new maps and skins
    +Best gaming comunity out there (not 10 yrs old like cod aw)
    +A lot of good improvements

Bad (-):
    - Voice acting is very bad
    - A lot of problems with some servers
  37. Oct 3, 2012
    CS:GO is ok, the graphics are good, new and better gun designs and a whole new refined experience, If you are a hard-core CS:S player then you might to think before buying this. In my opinion, this game has lost the 'Counter-Strike' charm that made it so popular in the first place. The good things about this is the new buying menu, where you move the mouse onto each slot, instead ofCS:GO is ok, the graphics are good, new and better gun designs and a whole new refined experience, If you are a hard-core CS:S player then you might to think before buying this. In my opinion, this game has lost the 'Counter-Strike' charm that made it so popular in the first place. The good things about this is the new buying menu, where you move the mouse onto each slot, instead of clicking, scrolling and getting shot before you even purchase your weapon. The game is also incredibly cheap ($15) on Steam. If you are new to the CS universe then get this, but if you are a CS:S player, you might need to reconsider. Expand
  38. Dec 1, 2013
    To get it short, i expected something more than just the same content just with better graphics. Yes, the game is cheap but still. Its still the same old CS 1.6 just with some minor changes here and there. If you didnt like the predecessors there is no reason to like GO.
  39. Jul 19, 2014
    One of the most, advanced and most pristine army games I have played, from its precision shooting, to its ridiculous amount of difficulty (what I mean here, is that you will die a lot more than any other army games I have played) and all the maps or most of them remind me of CS Source
  40. Dec 17, 2014
    Everything about this game is mediocre. The gameplay, the amount of new content, the graphics. Everything.
    The gameplay is broken and boring. There is no skill involved whatsoever. There are no special tactics or anything. You either turn left or turn right. You either fire first or you don't. You either get a headshot or you don't. Speaking of headshots, it's completely random where your bullets go, as the recoil is horribly designed. Even if your crosshair is perfectly centered on someone, even if they aren't moving, even if you aren't moving, even if there isn't ANY reason for you to miss, your bullet DODGES a foot to the left, right, or ANYWHERE you weren't aiming. Good gosh, I found I got more headshots by aiming at a person's TORSO than actually aiming at their HEAD. THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
    There is a serious lack of new content. It's basically a modded CS:S. There is only a handful of new weapons and maps.
    And now, the graphics. The graphics are simply terrible. The game looks 10 years old. The animations look stupid, the textures are low-res, and the lighting, oh the terrible lighting; all the maps look completely dull because of it. Almost all shadows have the same boring shade of grey. It's as if someone forgot to add proper lighting to most areas.
    Despite the above, the game CAN still be fun. It's just overall a mediocre game.
    I'd say stick with the previous Counter-Strike games. This is poorly designed, badly balanced garbage compared to them.
  41. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'mThis is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'm actually having fun. The graphics are the best Valve has done, the UI is very clean, and the new voice acting is actually pretty good. The recoil and hit detection changed, and now instead of dying as soon as I see an enemy I actually use cover, throw grenades, and more. It's a much more active game. The new maps are the best ever made in Counter-Strike. They are very vertical, which encourages flanking, tactics, risk vs reward, and more. The Arsenal Demolition mode is possibly the best idea ever for a game. The inexperienced have a chance of fighting back against pros, because AK47s and P90s deals more damage than a P2000. The pros feel a sense of accomplishment and play just to see how far they can go. I don't care much for the gungame (A CS original, CoD stole it), but it's rather well done. The new weapons and balancing really make the 12 year old game feel brand new. I didn't care much for the casual mode, as it is only very small changes. And, IT'S $15. IT'S 1/4 OF THE PRICE OF A NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME, AND IT OFFERS SOMETHING THEY DON'T HAVE (GOOD CORE GAMEPLAY). If you want Counter-Strike, don't hesitate to buy it. Expand
  42. Oct 14, 2012
    Ok, what have we here... Ah yes. I don't like Valve games, never liked, but i bought CS:GO to look for the magic of CS, same as the other titles btw. And to be honest, i didn't find it at all. This is the latest build of Source engine - hope the last - but still game looks ugly, compare to much older L4D2. Tons of HDR, bloom and motion blur, only to hide graphics bugs / glitches and makeOk, what have we here... Ah yes. I don't like Valve games, never liked, but i bought CS:GO to look for the magic of CS, same as the other titles btw. And to be honest, i didn't find it at all. This is the latest build of Source engine - hope the last - but still game looks ugly, compare to much older L4D2. Tons of HDR, bloom and motion blur, only to hide graphics bugs / glitches and make you feel like something fresh new. I would say, this game is similiar to another ugly and almost forgotten child of Valve - Counter Strike: Condition Zero. In fast mode, games keeps connecting to official Valve servers, which can be described only as trash cans.Thank god, there is a server list, so the choice can be more civilised. Some say game is cheap and because of that, worth of buying, i say it looks and feels cheap as well. Expand
  43. Jan 8, 2015
    CS: GO is a competitive game, which is both fun and challenging. There are hackers in this game which they know where players are and also when you walk around a corner they shoot you before you can shoot them. If you do plan on playing this game, I recommend using ESEA to play with no hackers. But sadly with ESEA you cant rank up your account due to you would be playing on ESEA's private servers.
  44. Ndi
    May 2, 2013
    Zero innovation. Same maps, same weapons, only weaker, a bit more graphics and bam, new game.

Seriously, this is a minor improvement over Source, one I didn't need. Valve has again caved in to the "pro" gamers (like that's a real sport) and removed all the new features, like reacting to shots. No, the simplest shooter every has made a comeback, with FIRE! But still can't lay down, react to shots, the online gameplay is WORSE as lag plays an even greater role, the bugs have come back, and, frankly, this will never change as long as Valve keeps on letting a few spoiled brats who learned the game by heart dictate how "new" games work.

I'm getting really tired of this. Every new game, the guns are weaker and weaker. Nobody survives 4 shots to the torso with a Desert Eagle. A L96 sniper will still explode you if it clips a wooden box. A salvo from an AK47 or an M16 will put you in a box. This game is going downhill.

I am a long time CS fan and I'm very serious when I say that every new version of CS is less and less fun. From a fast paced CQB game to a "click the head" flash game with better graphics.

And bugs, bugs everywhere. It is unacceptable that in 2013 shooting someone in an online game doesn't "take" because he has lag.
  45. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is amazing. It seems like Valve has listened to the fans complaints about how CS:Source modified the basic game-play of Counter-Strike and made this version a way more similar to CS:1.6. Just played the beta yesterday for the first time and bought the game without thinking twice. This one will be HUGE. Thank you Valve for DotA 2, thank you Valve for CS 1.6 and now thank youThis game is amazing. It seems like Valve has listened to the fans complaints about how CS:Source modified the basic game-play of Counter-Strike and made this version a way more similar to CS:1.6. Just played the beta yesterday for the first time and bought the game without thinking twice. This one will be HUGE. Thank you Valve for DotA 2, thank you Valve for CS 1.6 and now thank you Valve for CS:GO. Cross Platform will be sick! Expand
  46. Apr 24, 2014
    CS:GO offers the addictive and tense gameplay all Counter-Strike players know and love. With amazing weapon feel, great graphics for the dated Source engine, great maps, and a good community to play with even for beginners, CS:GO is a must buy for competitive FPS players.
  47. Dec 19, 2014
    I really want to recommend this game. It's a more immersive shooter than any of the Call of Duty series, and the way the game is made requires logical thinking and tactical strategies to win rounds with your teammates. When the game goes well, it's buckets of fun.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this game to newcomers. There are many reasons for this. First of all, unless you plan to mill around in deathmatch or the other lesser-played game modes (so anything but casual/competitive), you're going to die, a lot. And then you wait. You watch your uncooperative anonymous Russian teammates slowly break apart and lose the rounds in the most ludicrious fashion. If you can stand the game long enough to become half decent at it, you may find that you can often shoot someone in the head, literally tracing the bullet into their cranium, only to see that it doesn't register the hit due to the sub-standard 64 tickrate matchmaking servers and/or your West Country internet connection, thus falling victim to yet another unfair situation. If your internet connection is not the problem, you may try using ESEA or Faceit to play your competitive matches with. So you can pay more to play the game for no benefit other than to escape the crap quality of the standard servers, or faff about on Faceit, waiting for the afk team captains to pick maps, or the other team to cower away during the initial deciding knife round. After a few bad experiences, I've decided that Faceit isn't worth the hassle. Playing competitive also puts you in danger of not only numerous wallhackers, but mainly these things called smurfs. Put the image of the little happy blue creature out of you head: these are the players with a high rank than make second accounts to play against easier opponents. It's that simple, yet it's infuriating and game-destroying for us lower ranked players. And when you discover this in a competitive game, your only choices are to stay there and endure it, gradually losing your sanity, or take a competitive ban. If you're lucky enough to have decent friends, they may just kick you from the game, sparing you of either choice.

Having played almost 3 solid week's worth of the game in total, I have accumulated a wide friend group who also shares my pain, but we still play together for the social side. This is when I can recommend the game, if you've already played a lot of it and have many friends that also play the game. If you're new, and have less patience than a special forces marksman, you're going to hate this game. I hope that if you decide to play this game, you take my advice with a pinch of salt, as I am admittedly easily riled up in the heat of the moment, but if you too go ape, you only have yourself to blame.

Also, look out for skin collecting. I've been caught by it, it saps a lot of your money, and is literally an addiction. Not a good one like playing a great game or crack cocaine, one that's ultimately utterly pointless.
  48. Apr 17, 2014
    One of those games that hit the nail on the head the first time around and as such doesn't need to do anything but improve its graphics over the years and still be the best multiplayer FPS on the market.

Added game modes are fun, add a bit of spice to the game, but Classic CS is what I came for, and that's where the game shines. "Deathmatch" has the spawn issues that plague CoD (because it's just an insta-spawn gibfest instead of a coordinated effort), Arsenal is fun, you have a lot of community maps to pull from as well but you don't get to play these on ranked.

And that's the game's only downfall as far as I can see. I feel like the ranked system should have a smaller map pool that changes every week, as it is if I select every map before queuing I keep getting thrown into Dust 2, because that was and still is the most favored CS map by the community. Would be nice if they did something to force people out of their comfort zones in competitive mode, to me that's the whole point.

Aside from that, still has dedicated servers for free, better hit detection and far fewer latency issues than modern titles that cost $60 and charge you for every map pack they release. The only reason I ever stop playing Valve games is because like everything else, I get eventually get bored and feel the need to try something new, but I always come back to Valve titles. They just do it so much better and give so much more value than everyone else in the industry, and this was even the case before they started earning that Steam money. If they ever flip the switch like Blizzard did, PC gaming will truly be dead.
  49. Jun 23, 2013
    This may be the best version of Counterstrike, but by no means is it a perfect game.

I personally am not a big fan of the Counterstrike series, as the game is a good example of "the rich get richer". newbies often have little chance of doing well, as many seasoned players can almost instantly headshot you as you are running on the other side of the map. my opinion of this game is,

my opinion of this game is, its a fun distraction if you play against bots, dont expect to do good, as long-time players are the norm online... and the community isnt very friendly either... with people continually trolling and being annoying using the voip.
  50. Aug 21, 2012
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)
  51. Dec 22, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (aka CS:GO) is one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. You always feel like playing another round, and you always want to improve at the game and understand the game better. And improving at this game is unbelievably satisfying and rewarding, and being able to get around the complicated recoil system to pile up the kills is deeplyCounter-Strike: Global Offensive (aka CS:GO) is one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. You always feel like playing another round, and you always want to improve at the game and understand the game better. And improving at this game is unbelievably satisfying and rewarding, and being able to get around the complicated recoil system to pile up the kills is deeply satisfying. This game is incredibly hardcore, and requires skill more than anything. You can't just run up to people and spray bullets everywhere, as it'll get you nowhere. CS:GO takes patience, accuracy and good reflexes. Your heart will pound when you're the last man standing in your team, as everyone's eyes are on you from the spectator screens. Being able to win a match as the last man standing feels very rewarding, mainly because you were able to outlast everyone in your team and win. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a very fun and addictive game which will take away hours of your day again and again. Good luck trying to move your eyes away from the computer screen with this game; it's a very hard task. Expand
  52. Sep 18, 2013
    Meh. I played CS when it was in Beta and mod in the 90's and played it for years in to Source. This doesn't show any real improvements and appears to be just cashing in on the name. I admit I'm tired of the series but the maps are even still the same. This is one old horse.
  53. Mar 18, 2013
    It's Counter-Strike. Where can you go wrong? It's incredibly fun and still retains it's challenge. But Valve should've shipped more default maps, I think they're becoming too dependant on that Workshop gimmick.
  54. Mar 2, 2014
    Im not a big Multiplayer Gamer and i do play some of 'em (And im a noob in it too) ... The ones i play is Battlefield 4 , Max Payne 3 and this .

Its been almost 5 year since i played any Counter Strike game . Amd getting this was kinda reforming the Old Memories . I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) . The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .

I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) .
    The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .
    Now some people who play the latest Army simulator games may think that the Visuals are kinda dated (May compare it with COD too) . and i dont blame them as they may see the comparison with latest games . But if i compare it with the previous installment in the Series (CS : Source) the visuals are updated .

The Sound was the similar and my slight con as they might've considered to upgrade or change it by now .

Gameplay was also quite similar , but CS Gameplay was never easy , it requires special tactics and your deep knowledge of the map to get through your way . The new addition of Arms Race is pretty cool .

Overall , a great game to try .
  55. Sep 10, 2012
    Alright, a lot of people are a bit disappointed with the game so far, in comparison to CS:S, but, you gotta see things a bit away from source if that makes any damn sense.
    The thing is, this game only costs 15 dollars and it's some really high quality entertainment for that small amount of money, and we all know Valve is gonna drop a ton of updates on us, so whats with the disappointment? Now if this was 30 or 60 dollars, i'd bash this game to oblivion even with updates, because charging that much for a game and the putting updates up later is stupid, especially since updates might be halted or cancelled, but Valve gave us a good game, for a good price, the updates from this point are just bonuses from this point, I think ti's under-appreciated, people were expecting the biggest thing ever, well, they only asked for 15 dollars, could it considered to be a cop-out of Valve to just not live up to those expectations? I'm not sure, but right now, all that matters is that i'm having a blast on GO.
  56. Aug 30, 2012
    This is just what the Counter-Strike series has been waiting for. A modernization. However it feels incomplete with the lack of hostage maps (there is only 2), the gameplay is spot on, competitive, and fresh; while all staying true to the classic Counter-Strike experience. The new gamemodes Demolition and Arms Race are very fun if you are looking for a more fast-paced experience, and theThis is just what the Counter-Strike series has been waiting for. A modernization. However it feels incomplete with the lack of hostage maps (there is only 2), the gameplay is spot on, competitive, and fresh; while all staying true to the classic Counter-Strike experience. The new gamemodes Demolition and Arms Race are very fun if you are looking for a more fast-paced experience, and the new maps are sleek and good looking. This game is also standing evidence that the Source engine is growing and getting better, as the graphics are phenomenal. This game is an upgrade to the entire series in every way. It's still lacking hostage maps though. Since i trust Valve to add more hostage maps, I am giving this game this great rating. Expand
  57. Jan 28, 2015
    THE BEST COMPETITIVE GAME OF ALL TIME, and one of the best FPS off al time
    Counter Strike is perfect you can play 5000 hours and you need to player more and more
  58. Aug 22, 2012
    As others have said - this is indeed the same old game albeit with a new coat of paint. I feel gamers, especially those interested in competitive FPS have come along way since CS and its days of glory. I don't think this is so much a game of skill anymore, but a dated classic that isn't terribly relevant these days. Still, for the price it's fast, accessible and fun, but there is muchAs others have said - this is indeed the same old game albeit with a new coat of paint. I feel gamers, especially those interested in competitive FPS have come along way since CS and its days of glory. I don't think this is so much a game of skill anymore, but a dated classic that isn't terribly relevant these days. Still, for the price it's fast, accessible and fun, but there is much better out there... Expand
  59. Dec 30, 2014
    Counter-Strike is the best shooter of all time, nothing will ever be as good. Skill based with proper teamwork, you'll never be the best so there's always a way to improve and always a reason to play.
  60. Sep 20, 2013
    It's counter-strike. No innovation here, but what it does, it does well. There is pretty much no aimbotting, so that is a big plus, although I have seen wallhacks and smoke hacks.

This version plays a lot like CS 1.0, for those who can remember that far back. 1.0 was fairly different from 1.3, which was again fairly different from 1.6. But yeah, this is a very nice iteration of CS in my opinion, so 8/10 from me.
  61. Aug 22, 2012
    To start out: I have mainly played quake/ut style games since '96 and while I've dabbled in CS through LANs and such back in the day, my interest was very weak. Mainly because the game is very slow paced and favors 2 tactics: mobbing and camping down a thin avenue of approach. This combined with bullet spray mechanic when moving makes aggression a weak and stupid tactic. I don't likeTo start out: I have mainly played quake/ut style games since '96 and while I've dabbled in CS through LANs and such back in the day, my interest was very weak. Mainly because the game is very slow paced and favors 2 tactics: mobbing and camping down a thin avenue of approach. This combined with bullet spray mechanic when moving makes aggression a weak and stupid tactic. I don't like playing this style game, but gave it a chance when valve released cs:s. Again, the same, but bullet spray and poor hit detection seemed amplified and I gave it up fairly quickly. Now we have CS:GO. To begin, the game is gorgeous and has more infrastructure to it than any CS before. It DOES have matchmaking which is annoying, but there is also the option to play dedicated so who cares? The bullet spray is either tighter or the netcode better, I dunno which. Overall it's still the same gameplay. The purchase interface is wanky, but most players will bind the relevant options and never use it anyway. If you love CS of any flavor, there is no reason you won't like this one. On the other hand, if you think CS gameplay is stale and want to see it mixed up so that aggression and and precision are rewarded rather than penalized, look elsewhere. This is classic CS with a beautiful engine on top. I think the game is a 4 gameplay wise, but I give it a 7 as most people reading this are probably CS players, and I think it's an accurate representation of what a CS player would award this game. Expand
  62. Jul 17, 2013
    There is a reason this game is cheaper than Counter-Strike: Source on Steam; It's worse. The graphics have been "upgraded" a lot from CSS, but it doesn't really look better. Player models are harder to distinguish, but they are larger. Less fun and less skilled than CSS
  63. Feb 7, 2015
    I like first person shooters, but this game based off the counter strike franchise that already made several counter strike games and is just the same thing again. Don't get me wrong, I love counter strike and the graphics and gameplay are new and more impressive, but I would like to see something different and more exciting rather than the same counter-terrorists versus terorrists andI like first person shooters, but this game based off the counter strike franchise that already made several counter strike games and is just the same thing again. Don't get me wrong, I love counter strike and the graphics and gameplay are new and more impressive, but I would like to see something different and more exciting rather than the same counter-terrorists versus terorrists and humans versus zombie modes. Expand
  64. May 18, 2013
    Amazing game, major improvements and a lot of fun. But...also a lot of getting use to. People new to CS may have difficulties in trying to get better at the game. But that was me. And as time went on, i got use to it and played it on a regular basis. I've already put over 300 hours into it which is highly worth my time. Combat is a major improvement from CS Source, it is more smooth andAmazing game, major improvements and a lot of fun. But...also a lot of getting use to. People new to CS may have difficulties in trying to get better at the game. But that was me. And as time went on, i got use to it and played it on a regular basis. I've already put over 300 hours into it which is highly worth my time. Combat is a major improvement from CS Source, it is more smooth and flexible with it's own new guns and equipment. When you play this game, you will need to communicate with you team, work together and stick together in order to beat the other team. You will feel really good when you get a kill, and win a game. But this game can diffidently induce some rage into players. Playing with friends never felt better as it enhances your experience and makes the game stand out of what it was truly made to be. Over time this game can get boring as your doing the same thing over and over again. But i still think it is worth a try even if you are not a CS fan. Expand
  65. Dec 21, 2014
    Boring gameplay. When you actually enter a gunfight your wasd keys become completely irrelevant as you CANNOT move around anymore. All you can do is aim at their torso and hope that you get lucky with the spray pattern of your weapon (so that you get a headshot). Repeat for 15-30 rounds and you get your victory/defeat screen. You can buy a sniper rifle or grenades and pretend that the gameBoring gameplay. When you actually enter a gunfight your wasd keys become completely irrelevant as you CANNOT move around anymore. All you can do is aim at their torso and hope that you get lucky with the spray pattern of your weapon (so that you get a headshot). Repeat for 15-30 rounds and you get your victory/defeat screen. You can buy a sniper rifle or grenades and pretend that the game is more interesting that what I just described above, but the joy ain't gonna last very long.

I assume this game is popular because it's cheap and easily accessible to people who haven't played any good fps games before, but it's probably not even worth that small amount of money.
  66. Nov 29, 2013
    Counter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is reallyCounter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is really good!The high frequency of updates and why not cammos and in-game items will give a long life to this game just like Team Fortress 2. Expand
  67. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game that is updated regularly with new weapon skins and new maps, there has been a major upgrade a while ago that introduces lots of map that are new to CS:GO. It's also famous for competition and watching tournaments.
  68. Jun 23, 2014
    Community of this game is so toxic that no one should buy it ever. This game is filled with cheaters so much that only way you can win is to have cheater in your team.
  69. Sep 4, 2012
    It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  70. Aug 24, 2012
    10/10 Why? Because there are trolls who have no idea about how counter strike works that give it a 0. For 15$, for me (13.49) on the sale, this game is by far a 8.5/10 actually. I don't even have to explain why this game is superb.
  71. Feb 21, 2014
    The latest and greatest version of Counter-Strike, and one I personally believe to be the best to date. Global Offensive takes the lessons learned of the earlier games, and also bring along enhanced spectator modes that the game needed to evolve in the eSports landscape. The integration with the Steam marketplace for skins and maps is OUTSTANDING. Outstanding value for those interestedThe latest and greatest version of Counter-Strike, and one I personally believe to be the best to date. Global Offensive takes the lessons learned of the earlier games, and also bring along enhanced spectator modes that the game needed to evolve in the eSports landscape. The integration with the Steam marketplace for skins and maps is OUTSTANDING. Outstanding value for those interested in a competitive shooter. Expand
  72. Jul 15, 2014
    Tactical round-based FPS shooter. As a true fan and player of Counter-Strike 1.6 (3,534 hrs on steam record+LAN) I was a bit skeptical about my decision to move on GO, but I think I'm getting into it.
  73. Jan 27, 2015
    It's globally offensive in the way of micro transactions for customisations the game play is just as bad as any other counter shyiet game.

Weapons have some absurd cone of fire and the models that are meant to represent an action just don't correlate to what is actually happening when the gun model is firing it's a detached game just like the other crapper strikes. Graphically it's

Graphically it's ok but gameplay just sucks
  74. Jan 3, 2013
    It's a really good version of Counter-Strike. Probably my favourite! The weapons are far more balanced, there are more reasons to use grenades other then flashbangs and the gameplay on the whole feels more refined! It's still Counter Strike to it's core, but it shows Valve isn't afraid to risk pissing off their fanbase to release a new one. Good Job!
  75. Aug 15, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. The gameplay is great and it controls great! not ever have I had a death in this game that felt unfair to me as when i play COD i eather die from some hidden attack or something. Gun Game is the most fun I had in a long time. Counter-Strike: GlobalCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. The gameplay is great and it controls great! not ever have I had a death in this game that felt unfair to me as when i play COD i eather die from some hidden attack or something. Gun Game is the most fun I had in a long time. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the most fresh counter strike game there is, go buy it now its only about $15. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gets a 8/10 Expand
  76. Aug 31, 2012
    Quite honestly, mediocre and unnecessary. All it is, is counter-strike source with an updated source engine, and a few re modeled guns. This in no way had to be a new game, it brings nothing new to the counter-strike series, and it in no way should be praised as a revolution of the genre. This is coming from a counter-strike veteran who's played CS since 1.3, and also played CSS. I alsoQuite honestly, mediocre and unnecessary. All it is, is counter-strike source with an updated source engine, and a few re modeled guns. This in no way had to be a new game, it brings nothing new to the counter-strike series, and it in no way should be praised as a revolution of the genre. This is coming from a counter-strike veteran who's played CS since 1.3, and also played CSS. I also got into the CS:GO beta quite early and immediately i noticed it was quite lack luster. Kind of a shame that they didn't try to do anything new or fresh with the genre. It's just a new coat of paint on the same car. Expand
  77. Apr 1, 2013
    The gameplay is not as revolutionary as anticipated. However, still playable and enjoyable as a game. The good features and gears from CS1.6 has been left out and it's basically the original with new graphics, gameplay-wise, it's hardly exciting. However the price is very reasonable for the contents provided, and the graphic is actually not as demanding for your system as it may appear to be.
  78. Dec 8, 2014
    Even though Global Offensive is a shooter based on a very simple and monotonous concept (your goal is to basically kill your enemies and survive), the game has a steep learning curve and content that will last you for many hours of gameplay. What looks like a simple and boring game at first, is actually a FPS filled with many different strategies and teamwork. The game has since releaseEven though Global Offensive is a shooter based on a very simple and monotonous concept (your goal is to basically kill your enemies and survive), the game has a steep learning curve and content that will last you for many hours of gameplay. What looks like a simple and boring game at first, is actually a FPS filled with many different strategies and teamwork. The game has since release been improved massively (kudos to Valve for all the great updates recently) and the eSports scene of the game has grown by a large margin. Expand
  79. Jan 3, 2014
    CS:GO lacks decent match-making servers. You will miss shots that you shouldn't have and will result in frustration. However, community servers and services like ESEA will improve your competitive drive and experience. Also, there is a major cheating problem with currently no solution in match-making.
  80. Aug 22, 2012
    My preferred CS game now. The graphics are great, map designs are the classic maps you remember with new additions and tweaks that gets rid of some of the bottlenecks, etc. The match finder to get into quick competitive games is a great addition so playing with friends is a synch.
  81. Aug 12, 2013
    i previously gave this game a 5 but i decided to change my mind because this game is worth more than a 5 ans is quite fun so i decided to change it to a 7.
  82. Jul 20, 2013
    Excellent Game. I played over 600hrs. Very fun. Death has a consequence you sit out 1min and watch other people play!

Three Major Problems that stop this from getting a 10.

a.) Hacking. Several People wall hack, aim hack etc. and they need to solve this.
    b.) You get matched up with people from Brazil who have pings of 200.
    c.) Game reset my achievements somehow.
  83. Oct 31, 2014
    Ah, another attempt to replace the amazing Counter Strike mod from the Half Life days, ending with 1.6. Back in 2004 Counter Strike: Source (CSS for short) was released and people were amazed with the vast improvements. What improvements you ask? That's what we were all confused about back in 2004. Yes the game obviously looked far better now running on the brand new source engine, butAh, another attempt to replace the amazing Counter Strike mod from the Half Life days, ending with 1.6. Back in 2004 Counter Strike: Source (CSS for short) was released and people were amazed with the vast improvements. What improvements you ask? That's what we were all confused about back in 2004. Yes the game obviously looked far better now running on the brand new source engine, but what else other then that?

People were hesitant on switching over, as they had become accustom to the greatness of 1.6.

As people switched we realized they had removed much from the original game or had changed it so that it felt completely different. Now different isn't always a bad thing, but when you remove certain things, it can be.

But were not here to talk about CSS, were here to talk about the most recent installment of Counter Strike.

Now they have made vast improvements with the game, but it also suffers some major issues, at least in match making.

Once again Valve fails to put a region lock on another match making game, so we are playing with people from Brazil, Mexico, China and others. And i have mentioned in other reviews its not where the people are located is the issue (normally unless someone has 500+ ping and makes it so you cant even hit them) its the different languages that is the issue. CSGO is reliant on communication in competitive play to know where people are at, when they are rotating, when we see bomb and so on and so forth. When we cant make simple calls, it ruins the goal of the game.

Another issue is that CSGO is plagued with people using paid hacks, yes paid costing upwards to 120 dollars for a 6 month subscription so that they can beat you in match making. When you see someone on the other team spinning circles while running down long A and getting all head-shots you know its not going to be a fun game.

Many of the guns have been changed as far as spray patterns, damage, accuracy, and others which is okay, but i feel they are trying to hard to make every gun viable instead of balancing the most important guns.

Overall it makes vast improvements over CSS and CS Pro Mod, but it still has a way to go to live up to the original CS. If you get some friends that like playing and you do match making with them, you're sure to have a good time.
  84. Aug 22, 2012
    I have been having a ton of fun with this game. It's a big upgrade from CSS. The guns feel amazing and the graphics are fantastic! I can't get enough of the new Demolition mode! If you need a reason own a PC and a Steam account, this is it. It's only $15, and all planned DLC is going to be free. FREE! Go get this right now!
  85. Oct 5, 2012
    Underrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels likeUnderrated game, I would probably rate 9, usually the highest I rate, but feel a 10 would be more appropriate for it's overall score. Anyway, the game itself plays very nicely in my opinion, and I find it in many cases more enjoyable than CS:S. I realise that the game hasn't seemed to hit hard yet, but Valve are already adding new maps and features all the time, and it almost feels like the game is going to get better over-time, since they are famous for delaying games, and it is clear they wanted to satisfy the market. I would recommend that anyone that has bought the game to keep up with updates, major or minor, an in a while, we may have something even more golden for a community to start modding. Expand
  86. Sep 1, 2012
    The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also,The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also, adding bloom to everything does not equate to better graphics. Simply replacing textures in Counterstrike Source with high-res ones will make an older game look better than this one.

Onto gameplay, very bad. Hit detection is bad, gun balance is not there, hitboxes seem to not work often enough. The radial buy menu is horrid for quick navigation and a total time waster. I played on low-ping servers but have to say this game took the lessons learned from Counterstrike Source then threw them away and done enough things different for only the sake of change. The maps are proof of this, they are either the same but with bloom added to hurt your eyes or they are worse with little changes meant to spice things up but actually tone things down.

Many people who never played CS 1.6 or CS:S before will probably find this game alright at $15, I find it a waste of $15. Put the money to something better, catch BF3 on sale at $30 and you will get much much more. This game is shaping up to be a failure and echoes of the beta show a team that only patches the game for sake of keeping up appearances.
  87. Sep 4, 2012
    Ok dudes and dudettes. If you liked the old school CS. You will like this one. Also it's 15 freaking dollars. Super cheap and intense FPS fun. I wish they brought back the flashlight and tags, but whatever. It's still fun .
  88. Aug 22, 2012
    Better graphics, better balance, more competitive, all weapons are greatly balanced, now you can handle a SMG without feeling unpowered, i dont know why noobs complain to much about this game, its $15 bucks, even cheaper than CS:S
  89. Dec 11, 2013
    The graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on anotherThe graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on another country with a ping of 200, if the server has hackers or too high ping you can't leave it because the penalties for leaving a competitive game are atrocious (even if it was not your fault, like if the power went down or something like that happened. Yeah, the system can't see a difference if you were disconnected due an external influence, or if was your decision to click on the Exit Game button). The game has a lot of potential, but I am frustrated enough that I could ask Valve for a refund, if I could. Expand
  90. Sep 11, 2014
    Want to play ? Too bad , there is a whole community of people unable to be humans . The game is the ultimate competitive shooter , far worse in many aspects than other AAA MP shooters , but because of its simplicity it makes a great fit for the competitive market . BUT the community , as every e-sport community , are not gamers - they are stats junkies that do not know how to play withWant to play ? Too bad , there is a whole community of people unable to be humans . The game is the ultimate competitive shooter , far worse in many aspects than other AAA MP shooters , but because of its simplicity it makes a great fit for the competitive market . BUT the community , as every e-sport community , are not gamers - they are stats junkies that do not know how to play with other human beings , new players , or generally other gamers . These people with bad language both writen and spoken and the abusive kick system bring this game from a clear 7 , to a 4 . Expand
  91. Jul 18, 2014
    Sans doute un des fps incontournable sur pc . Même si la physique des balle est assez bizarre . Un système de marché est dispo sur steam pour personnalisé nos armes . Si vous aimé les fps arcade : vous aller vous régaler .
  92. Jan 24, 2015
    Besides describing this game as a true hack-fest, it is the proof that Valve doesn't give a sh*t about video games anymore. And it is the most over-hyped competitive game ever.

Ballistics are way AWOL. Some pistols sharing the same caliber as an SMG will do more damage than their counterparts, and somebody can basically survive with up to 9 bullet wounds (eve, more) without, technically, losing all his blood.

And this is where its major problem is. It has no gameplay logic, because it is 15 years old. Someone can survive a headshot, aiming down the sight on specific weapons doesn't mean anything, so you'll come to think your barrel is just bent. So you're forced to shoot one bullet at a time, and then you'll face an enemy, either having an M4 (the only weapon with 100% accuracy), or maybe he's going crazy on his trigger, and by some magic luck he'll put a headshot out of nowhere, or he's one hacking b******.

Plus... Even pro players were caught cheating. I understand two reasons to this : the gameplay is broken, and it is not even protected. Valve Anti-Cheat is a pure joke.

And the competitive bans are just plain stupid. I paid for this game, I expect it to play whenever I want (and not getting banned because I had something more important to do), be protected against cheats, and have a decent ranking system (I always get ranked down, even when winning games with positive K/D).

So in a word... Thank you Valve for having Steam get you all the money you want (and having it ruin the PC games market by the way, why would I buy any AAA game at launch, since I'll get them 50% off three months later, so maybe the editors will stop making AAA games because they can't get the reward they deserve). And thank you for not caring anymore about what games should be, and ignoring your "fan-base" (or whatever you call it) with some dreams like Half-Life 3.
  93. Sep 27, 2012
    Its CS:Source with not as clean graphics. There's almost zero reason to get this over 1.6 or source (because both are better games than GO) GO tries to merge the two communities and earn a buck in the process but this game is to cluttered to make it to the big stage imo. A lot of stuff has been reused, like sounds, certain objects is directly takes from cs source which makes the game feelIts CS:Source with not as clean graphics. There's almost zero reason to get this over 1.6 or source (because both are better games than GO) GO tries to merge the two communities and earn a buck in the process but this game is to cluttered to make it to the big stage imo. A lot of stuff has been reused, like sounds, certain objects is directly takes from cs source which makes the game feel old already. If you must have a "new" fps experience, then sure why not, its still CS but I would recommend something else. Expand
  94. Nov 25, 2012
    The only thing this competitive game has that compares to call of duty is it's FPS aspect and a few of the guns. Otherwise, it's an upgrade to the original Counter Strike, 1.6, and source with a few additional game modes and better graphics. What I like about this game above it's predecessors is it's offline bots. The dedicated fans that have been playing CS for multiple years makesThe only thing this competitive game has that compares to call of duty is it's FPS aspect and a few of the guns. Otherwise, it's an upgrade to the original Counter Strike, 1.6, and source with a few additional game modes and better graphics. What I like about this game above it's predecessors is it's offline bots. The dedicated fans that have been playing CS for multiple years makes the online multiplayer very difficult (which is a good thing). So, what I like about this game is the offline bot mode, which allows people who buy this game to enjoy a little pwnage (or challenge when they crank up the difficulty to veteran) when they can't get it online. Also, everyone has an equal chance, not thrown off by prestiging or leveling up, which adds balance.Overall, it's a fun, challenging, and addicting game -- I'd recommend it to all gamers! Especially those who enjoy a good FPS. Expand
  95. Feb 16, 2013
    HOLY S**T Valve have sold us the same game again with the same maps for yes a THIRD TIME!!!!! YAY f*** me these robbin b******s. What people epically seem to be missing "best counter strike yet"?????? ITS THE SAME COUNTERSTRIKE same maps just updated graphics at least the theives over in CoDLand give you new maps when they sell you the same game. Very very very sadly disappointed withHOLY S**T Valve have sold us the same game again with the same maps for yes a THIRD TIME!!!!! YAY f*** me these robbin b******s. What people epically seem to be missing "best counter strike yet"?????? ITS THE SAME COUNTERSTRIKE same maps just updated graphics at least the theives over in CoDLand give you new maps when they sell you the same game. Very very very sadly disappointed with this. Anyone whos still playing CS needs to move on and go and buy BF3 or Planetside 2 (Which is FREE!!!!) Expand
  96. May 21, 2013
    CS: GO is a simple, fun shooter. Some people may find it lacking but it brings out the core of FPS games.
    It is a big improvement over Source Valve updated the graphics (could've been better, though, but nice) and added more guns and maps but the content from older games from the series is untouched.
    Servers are fast to find by auto match and games are balanced. Unlike in CS: source, players have reasonable skill levels and not insane aim bot- like abilities, meaning you can play a game without being surprised and shot right away.

Bottom line a great shooter and a great remake, that in my opinion provide everything the AAA titles provide, but for a much cheaper price. One of the best purchases I've ever made and discount are often.
  97. Aug 9, 2013
    It is an improved Counter-Strike over Source, but there are a large number of problems. Getting kicked out of competitive or leaving in the middle of the round can result in a time-out, accuracy problems, hardware problems and more. However it is still Counter-Strike from deep within, and I like playing it. It just needs to be a little bit reworked.
  98. Apr 23, 2014
    I came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like aI came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like a completely new game with similar version of maps. CS:Go is probably the closest game so far to bringing back to those days of the original 1.6 with a few perks that actually make it better in some aspects.

Gameplay: Standard fps that isn’t friendly to your run and gun style. It revolves some sort of skill and when you play competitive you will find that its not a forgiving game. It requires focus and team co-operation. This game is made for multiplayer as there is very little single player content. Matchmaking is where this game shines, no longer are players searching IRC and forums or leagues for a scrim or match. You are given a rank that does fairly well at placing you with evenly matched players. You will encounter hackers who will ultimately ruin your experience but if you can see past that the game is very well made.

Graphics: Up to date on today’s standards for computer graphic’s its nothing super special but it doesn't burn your eyes to play.

Replay Value: Considering its completely a multiplayer game and has a competitive (E-Sport) side to it. It comes down to how much you enjoy it, if you do you will find yourself going match after match trying to achieve higher ranks or you will log in from time after time to mess around on a public server. Either way replay value is extremely high.

Overall this game is a win, and if you are into the fps genre it is a must have. It will never replace 1.6 in the hearts of us old timers but it does justice to the name Counter-Strike.
  99. Feb 2, 2015
    Counter-Strike 1.6 had great glory, Source not so much. Now it's CS:GO's turn to shake the tables.
    Well, I am not impressed.
    To start it off with the positive side of the game: - Great gameplay, as with CS 1.6. It has some balancing issues. - Fun maps to play, some have balancing issues as well. - Great game to play with friends... (when possible). - Great audio, to determine
    Well, I am not impressed.

To start it off with the positive side of the game:
    - Great gameplay, as with CS 1.6. It has some balancing issues.
    - Fun maps to play, some have balancing issues as well.
    - Great game to play with friends... (when possible).
    - Great audio, to determine location of other players.
    - Nice game modes.

Which leads me to the negative side of this game.
    - How on earth are you able to play with friends that have a higher ranking OR are not ranked yet.
    They allow you to play 2 games, if you win or lose doesn't matter. At some point, you cannot play with your friends anymore.
    Some of my friends have 2/3 new accounts to be able to play in a group...
    - Some maps are unbalanced, like Cobblestone.
    - Weapon reg. is not the same as CS 1.6, which was really good (and hard to play).
    - Wall banging is completely random.

The most frustrating thing is that the game tells you, you cannot play with friends...

It still deserves a positive score, so 6/10 points.
    Even though it's a team game.
  100. Sep 28, 2012
    I play CS all my life. Since 1.3 to CS:S. I remember when people did not like CSS. But i think css more realistic, more stable and more balanced. And now i think can say.. This not CS, this isn't even game.

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]