7.7

1. Aug 22, 2012
    Great FPS game that takes a lot of skill to master but the reward is fantastic. Killing another player is so satisfying because you know you have to work for every kill. Highly recommended.
  2. Aug 23, 2014
    What is there to say? This is the old, addictive multiplayer game remade in high quality visuals.

New modes such as arms race and demolition are a fun addition to the game. New weapons such as the PP-Bizon, MAG-7 and incendiary grenades are fun to use - and offers much more deeper thought of strategy. Even now, CS(CS:GO) remains fun and addictive as a game where players can

New modes such as arms race and demolition are a fun addition to the game.

much more deeper thought of strategy.

Even now, CS(CS:GO) remains fun and addictive as a game where players can simply "jump in for a quick funtime" with bots or friends in a LAN or over the Internet. This is far more better than playing COD clones.
  3. Dec 14, 2015
    Every game needs a gimmick. Some, like call of duty, have none. This game's gimmick is super realistic gameplay and physics that make you say DAYUM SON. I have no problem running this on my computer, and the graphics are great.
  4. Aug 24, 2012
    lets see, my favorite game of all time made again? I wonder what I will do... Give it a ten and buy it of course. But seriously, cs and css were some of the funnest games ever made. Lets look at cs:go, fun. yes. community maps? yes. mods. yes. Anything to complain about no. price. great!
  5. Sep 21, 2012
    As a long time player of 1.6 I was very disappointed by Counter-Strike: Source and thought that CS:GO would make the same mistakes. I was wrong. This is a good game and I hope the professional community looks at moving on from 1.6 as the Starcraft community has moved on from Broodwar.
  6. Dec 10, 2012
    NOT FOR NOOB! if you are a noob don't buy it! It is hard and you must improve yourself to learn to win! It's HARD! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB! NOT FOR NOOB!
  7. Aug 21, 2012
    I give this an 8 for the following reasons, and may or may not go into deeper detail to some of them.
    -Counter Strike 3 [basically, considering Source as 2]
    -Newer weapons to make more balance -Per-Weapon monetary awards, basically making that jerk camper with an AWP in the corner not get much, versus someone getting up close and personal and using SKILL to kill someone with, say, an
    -Counter Strike 3 [basically, considering Source as 2]
    -Newer weapons to make more balance
    -Per-Weapon monetary awards, basically making that jerk camper with an AWP in the corner not get much, versus someone getting up close and personal and using SKILL to kill someone with, say, an MP7 or XM1014.
    -Rebuilt maps, all the classics have gotten a total re-work, making them feel new again.
    -Music! Some pretty tense music to build the atmosphere as you shift-walk through a corridor, never knowing what jerk is around the corner
    -Included gungame, removes the client-side bugs and exploits which make gungame in source not fun.
    -Price. $15 for this? Sold. I wouldn't pay much more than that, mind you, but this seems to be a fair price for the game we all know and love to be totally upgraded and generally made better.

Cons, of course, need to be added.

-Well, lack of NEW content is surprising. I was hoping for the zombie mode or something to be included, and with the 12 years they've had, i'm sure it could've been snuck in somewhere. As long as it doesn't become a pay-DLC addon, i'll be happy.

Overall, 8/10. It's perfectly priced and worth every penny. A good game.
  8. Aug 22, 2012
    Great game, they took everything that needed to be changed with the old cs and made it better, while keeping all that makes the series fun and exciting true to Counter Strike. Love this game same great gameplay and style with great smooth graphics, highly recommend to any non elitist.
  9. Sep 16, 2014
    At first I didn't like it, but then they changed a lot of bugs, and annoying things that happened with this version, and the older ones. Now it's a pretty fun game, and you can use pretty much all the weapons, not just AWP, or Ak-47.

I am still a little sucker for the old CS 1.6 times, but this one definitely gave me the "I want to play more" feeling that I usually got from 1.6 4 years ago.
  10. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is quit similar to the new up-coming game Tom's Clancy Rainbow Six Siege.This game is quit challenging and at the same time it's also interesting.This game really put your skill to the test.
  11. Feb 14, 2015
    ...................................................................................................................................................
  12. Jul 13, 2015
    Counter-Strike: Global offensive is a great successor to Counter strike source.
    The business model that Valve has implamented is **** amazing (skins)
    The game is only 11$ dollars so its cheap and i like how you can play the operation maps without paying a dine why cant other companies do thing like this where you dont split the comunity looking at you EA,Ubisoft and Activison. Also the
    Counter-Strike: Global offensive is a great successor to Counter strike source.
    The business model that Valve has implamented is **** amazing (skins)
    Also the overwatch system is great the game community can ban cheaters
    If there was any better time to join CSGO its right now
    The game is 9 out of 10 becouse its stupid to get a 7 day matchmaking cooldown becouse of internet dying and i hope that gets resolved by Valve
  13. Apr 18, 2016
    One of the harder games to review, but overall I highly enjoyed this game and played for many hours, and I'm not even a fan of online FPS games. There are some little improvements that could be placed and problems that could be fixed, which are more technical like hackers and gun physics. Otherwise this game is such a great tactical shooter, with so much communication involved withOne of the harder games to review, but overall I highly enjoyed this game and played for many hours, and I'm not even a fan of online FPS games. There are some little improvements that could be placed and problems that could be fixed, which are more technical like hackers and gun physics. Otherwise this game is such a great tactical shooter, with so much communication involved with teammates and strategy especially in higher levels of gameplay. Skill is needed to be able to aim accurately, and my favorite mechanic of this game is spraying. Valve made this game less gunning and more aiming, which I really like. One of the best competitive games I'll be playing in a while with a higher learning curve than other FPS games. When you become a good player it feels so satisfying to destroy. Expand
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    The Game is good! The engine works, the Grphic and sound is good, The new Modi´s and weapons are good and the Gameplay is like CS:S, so nothing is changed! CS:GO is a good game for a lot of players how played CS:S, but i like more the Big-Map-Ego-Shooter, like BF3, with tanks and heli´s!
    But it is a good game, you can buy it or not...
    How you like...
  15. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. It starts with the intro music and just keeps getting better and better. The default maps are good but since this game talks to Steam Workshop you can download hundreds of custom, user-made maps. There are some real gems out there too.

I really liked all the achievements in CS:GO.. Getting one for being airborne while killing a bad guy who is also airborne? Brilliant! Some of the achievements names are pretty funny too "disruptus interruptus" or "freed with speed".

Some of the maps are true CQB fights and very challenging.

This game isn't ground-breaking and that's probably a good thing. CS:S is a proven winner in PC gaming. CS:GO just improves upon that formula with new maps, weapon upgrades and changes, and newer graphics.
  16. Aug 29, 2012
    Hidden Path developers did exactly what they should. They took a great franchise and took great care not to break it, instead focusing on polishing maps, weapons, money and overall gameplay balance.
    I really hope that the new edition will bring an influx of new players as this is the best Counter-Strike so far.
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from both 1.6 and Source version and like the new edition. I hope this will be the version to unite the now fragmented CS community.
  17. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is amazing. The weapens all have recoil, and are balanced in a way you use them all. You can play casual or competitve, and the matchmaking is pritty great. If you have some friends the game get's even better! And for this price, why would you even bother with games like CoD?
  18. Dec 25, 2012
    As a played since CS 1.3 I first looked at it and thought - wtf is this COD clone thing that Valve have ruined the name of CS with? CS has always been my tried and true favourite game. I then figured if Valve have released it, it must be at least playable. Within 4 hours played time, I went from hating it to loving it. The game retains it's originality yet adds a new fresh feel. Don't getAs a played since CS 1.3 I first looked at it and thought - wtf is this COD clone thing that Valve have ruined the name of CS with? CS has always been my tried and true favourite game. I then figured if Valve have released it, it must be at least playable. Within 4 hours played time, I went from hating it to loving it. The game retains it's originality yet adds a new fresh feel. Don't get scared off by the new buy menu, it isn't that bad once you're used to it. Hit reg seems to be >= Source. I won't be going back to 1.5, 1.6 or Source. CS:GO (despite it's corny abbreviation) is now my preferred CS of all time. Expand
  19. Sep 10, 2012
    Very fun game like all Valve games and definitely worth 10 euro, compared to other games like BF3 who need 100 euro to get full boring and lazy game.
  20. Jun 1, 2013
    Great game :D
  21. Sep 18, 2012
    Valve resurrected the old spirit with the new engine,which known as Source,making an immortal legend.in this game,absolutely the game experience is hugely expanded.the word expand here refers do a lot of things:the arm racing mode was officialized (i used to play this mode in CS and CSS,but the mode wasnt official),new weapons and new maps.i think the glory of CS is definitely gonna beValve resurrected the old spirit with the new engine,which known as Source,making an immortal legend.in this game,absolutely the game experience is hugely expanded.the word expand here refers do a lot of things:the arm racing mode was officialized (i used to play this mode in CS and CSS,but the mode wasnt official),new weapons and new maps.i think the glory of CS is definitely gonna be continue in another body,which is this game.well they dont have a zoom scope but thats the point. Expand
  22. Sep 19, 2012
    An improvement on every level. New graphics, a mixture of old and new, refreshing maps, and more guns. MORE EVERYTHING! If there were any maps that don't exist in CS:GO, I don't complain, because the rest of the game is fantastic. If you also enjoy TF2, you will have to be more precise and efficient with your shots. I barely play Source anymore because when I play community servers, mostAn improvement on every level. New graphics, a mixture of old and new, refreshing maps, and more guns. MORE EVERYTHING! If there were any maps that don't exist in CS:GO, I don't complain, because the rest of the game is fantastic. If you also enjoy TF2, you will have to be more precise and efficient with your shots. I barely play Source anymore because when I play community servers, most of the servers are on a new version (CS:GO) of the game. At only 14.99, do not hesistate to buy this. You will enjoy many hours of this great game. Expand
  23. Sep 20, 2012
    I have played 1.6 and css for years and i can say this is the best Counter strike ever made. They added some new weapons grenades and models and tickrate is now 128. And this is only 14 euro! Thanks Valve!
  24. Nov 15, 2013
    Best MMOFPS of all time nad i really live how Valve always update for free this game fro more better and better way, they improve very much things since the beta and now is very very awesome game! The only bad thing is a lot of cheaters but that is on every game in the world...
  25. Dec 9, 2014
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive is in my opinion one of my favorite games, because for one thing the game-play is very skill-based and competitive. The game has also added in skins for guns and knives, which has increased the player base by at least 200% and has made the game a lot more fun. I don't recommend this game for people who are VERY new to FPS's (First Person Shooters) andCounter Strike: Global Offensive is in my opinion one of my favorite games, because for one thing the game-play is very skill-based and competitive. The game has also added in skins for guns and knives, which has increased the player base by at least 200% and has made the game a lot more fun. I don't recommend this game for people who are VERY new to FPS's (First Person Shooters) and video games, because the game is very competitive and hard to master. Have fun! :D Expand
  26. Jan 6, 2017
    600 Hours, 6 months, endless encounters. Why not a 10? Because valve isn't always making the best decisions for cs:go. 15$ or cheaper it's such a deal, just try it.
  27. Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome game! A good continuation after bad CS:S. Recommend! Valve have done a great job and they keep update this game. It surely will be better soon! :)
  28. Nov 18, 2012
    Valve does it again. In my opinion everything has improved. Gameplay hasn't changed much at all (and it shouldn't), the steep learning curve is still there, and seems more like 1.6 than source. The buy menu is much better, more convenient, and doesn't close down when you buy an individual item causing you to reopen it again and again. The weapons have been rebalanced so the over usedValve does it again. In my opinion everything has improved. Gameplay hasn't changed much at all (and it shouldn't), the steep learning curve is still there, and seems more like 1.6 than source. The buy menu is much better, more convenient, and doesn't close down when you buy an individual item causing you to reopen it again and again. The weapons have been rebalanced so the over used ak, m4, awp and desert eagle isn't the only thing you see now, but they still haven't lost their power. New items such as the molotov **** for stopping a rush and decoy grenades for fooling your enemies are nice new features. The small cons of the game are my opinion of course: the silencer for the m4 is gone, only can carry 1 flashbang instead of 2, and total lack of maps. Yes these are my only cons with the games. When I first bought the game, it wasn't very polished, but now it has very few glitches and bugs. Since it is Valve, we get free maps and content, meaning the silencer might come back whenever it wants to and new maps will pop up with time. If you are a veteran or noob to Counter Strike, Global Offensive DOES NOT disappoint. Great job Valve. Now...about that episode 3? :) Expand
  29. Aug 24, 2012
    One of the best of the CS series. Sure the first CS is the leader of them all, but CS:GO just puts the series onto a whole new level. It proves that Source can give amazing graphics as well as incredible gameplay, and it shows that CS will never die out. I think this is an amazing release made by VALVe and it's worth every penny.
  30. Aug 31, 2012
    I was a big cs source fan and comming from it, I have some pros and cons. The good things are that the game looks great, feels great, and the weapons feel like they have a purpose. There feels to be a little more variety to this game than source, I felt that source ended up an ak/m4 war with the occasionally awp/scout. I feel like all of the guns are priced to the point that each gun has aI was a big cs source fan and comming from it, I have some pros and cons. The good things are that the game looks great, feels great, and the weapons feel like they have a purpose. There feels to be a little more variety to this game than source, I felt that source ended up an ak/m4 war with the occasionally awp/scout. I feel like all of the guns are priced to the point that each gun has a purpose (besides maybe the pistols, why blow 400$ on a tiny upgrade in pistol when you could have grenades of all sorts). Besides the zues failing to show a purpose, it all feels right. The matchmaking works really well, and the serverbrowser is classic, they know to keep that the same. The cons arent enough to shy this game away from great but they are there. As with all counterstrike games, stratagy such as positioning and purchasing is almost always far less important than aim. Thats why there is a learning curve, most of the game is based on your ability to get that headshot. Dont get me wrong, this isnt the worst thing, because its much worse when its like CoD and all you have to do is use the same loadout. At least it takes skill, but your fun time can get ruined by one guy having godlike aim, but I digress, it can happen in every game. Other Cons include, which I guess this one is more for console versions, the maps. Theres only about 10 for classic gamemodes (but servers are already up with user made maps) and 4 for the new gamemode Demolition, with only 2 for gungame. The classic maps are good, the demolition maps are actually really good, and the gungame maps just dont feel right. The main con here is the underwhelming amount. That brings me to another pro (i know, outta place), Demolition. This gamemode has only one thing I dont like about it: its really simple. All it is gungame with stratagy. But it works, it feels different and skillful in its own respect, such as awarding really good rounds with grenades and flashbangs. This is not to mention that the maps they made for it are pretty good for the one-bombsite purpose they were aiming for. TLDR: Good game, GREAT game for the measly $15 price tag, if you have the choice, PC is the way to go to get the most out of it, but console players will still enjoy the experience presented. 1.6 fans will be dissapointed because of thier hardcore attitude, but casual and pro source players will probably respect the game, and remember, source and 1.6 will still be there. PS, a ton of gamemodes (like surf and jail) are already working on GO, the transfer was apparently pretty smooth. Expand
  31. Jun 28, 2013
    The new definitive way to play Old-School Counter-Strike. This game is basically CS1.6, but with better balance, and adjustments. There's nothing else to it, in the older games, some weapons completely outclass other guns. In this game, every weapon are good in certain cases. Graphics are nicely done, even though the Source engine is ageing a little too much. This game is only $15! What!?The new definitive way to play Old-School Counter-Strike. This game is basically CS1.6, but with better balance, and adjustments. There's nothing else to it, in the older games, some weapons completely outclass other guns. In this game, every weapon are good in certain cases. Graphics are nicely done, even though the Source engine is ageing a little too much. This game is only $15! What!? That's really cheap for a game these days. However, CS1.6 and CS:S have more custom modes and mods then CS:GO but that's not that much of a issue. That's all I really have to say. This game is a must if you're a hardcore Counter-Strike fan, this game is a absolute must in your collection. Expand
  32. Feb 3, 2013
    I can say, it's not the best cs, I'm a fan to css and alot peoples says that this is like that, but thats wrong, sure the maps maybe looks pretty the same as css but the rest with the weopens, skins and all, it's alot of differents.. and the ranking thing they have done makes you alot more pissed off when you lose a game than without the ranking thing.. but it's fun too.. but It's stillI can say, it's not the best cs, I'm a fan to css and alot peoples says that this is like that, but thats wrong, sure the maps maybe looks pretty the same as css but the rest with the weopens, skins and all, it's alot of differents.. and the ranking thing they have done makes you alot more pissed off when you lose a game than without the ranking thing.. but it's fun too.. but It's still counter strike so I will give it 10/10 Expand
  33. Jan 6, 2013
    Beautiful graphics is advantage and disadvantage in this game. It's hard to see anything if it's far.
    Second thing is shooting. Trying to hit enemy is for me too hard because when u shoot the camera vibrate and i can't focus on what's happening. Maybe because i played too much cs 1.6 and css but it still is annoying and can't be turned off.
    There is some new weapons. some of them
    There is some new weapons. some of them usefull, some not, but new grenates are awesome. I still like previous versions more than this one.
  34. Apr 26, 2013
    Perfect Competitive Play FPS. Hands Down Best all Around. I have played CS since 1.6 and have always been a fan, this game is true to its roots and only things enhanced are gun balancing, and added a few new weapons, bombs, and graphical enhancements.
  35. Jul 7, 2013
    While I haven't played a full game of 1.6 yet (puts up flame shield), I absolutely couldn't stand to play Source (again, flame shield). This however, is a fun game, even with bots. Source feels really clunky in comparison to this, as in GO I can actually decently aim where I want to shoot, and it hits the general area (unlike Source, where I had this problem of aiming for the head,While I haven't played a full game of 1.6 yet (puts up flame shield), I absolutely couldn't stand to play Source (again, flame shield). This however, is a fun game, even with bots. Source feels really clunky in comparison to this, as in GO I can actually decently aim where I want to shoot, and it hits the general area (unlike Source, where I had this problem of aiming for the head, cursor on top and all, but completely missing). If theres any Counter-Strike game I can recommend playing, its this one, just practice well before you head out into online servers, as the players there can be REALLY rough on a noob like myself, gameplay-wise. Expand
  36. Aug 8, 2014
    Nova versão bastante melhorada. Gostei bastante. Só acho que falta uma campanha para jogar solo e os times possuírem mais integrantes, achei pouco apenas com 5 pessoas (muita influência de dota 2).

Nota: 8/10
  37. Nov 17, 2016
    This is the best competitive FPS game ever made, yet Valve will only limit it from it's full potential. Only good game type is competitive, competitive servers feel inconsistent and laggy, too many cosmetics (...and people seemingly want more of it), old engine, small dev team, hackers, and op pistols that still haven't been balanced properly.
  38. Dec 2, 2017
    This is the best game of the Counter Strike saga, thanks Valve Software, thanks Gabe, thanks Steam, we love this game, and much more opening cases to get good or poop weapons, super cool!
  39. Aug 22, 2012
    The Counter-Strike franchise is the most perfectly balanced series of multiplayer shooters and CS:GO doesn't disappoint in that context. The new features added, like "play as bots", "Gun Game maps (Official gun game modes) etc. makes the game more exciting that it has ever been". Still after the release Valve and Hidden Path will continue the developelopement, which is going to make theThe Counter-Strike franchise is the most perfectly balanced series of multiplayer shooters and CS:GO doesn't disappoint in that context. The new features added, like "play as bots", "Gun Game maps (Official gun game modes) etc. makes the game more exciting that it has ever been". Still after the release Valve and Hidden Path will continue the developelopement, which is going to make the game more awesome than it already is. I'm also really excited to see the creativity from the community. Thinking of that people spend 60 euro on CoD: MW3, CS:GO is definately worth 14. To be honest, I actually think it should be the other way around. Expand
  40. Sep 3, 2012
    I wish new CS 1.6.
    I don't need BF2 or COD. I need old CS with more friendly graphic and more balanced weapon.
    And i catch it!

Big thx for Molotov **** Valve - new tactics, new degree of freedom!
  41. Aug 24, 2012
    Good game. It differs from other games of a series a counter strike. It has many advantages, but also there are shortcomings. And instead of watering game by dirt, report about game shortcomings that developers could improve game. 9/10!
  42. Nov 28, 2012
    Beta-tested for this and now updating my review: At first I didn't like the CS:GO because it seemed like it was trying too hard to be something it's not (COD), but having tried the launch version of the game I see some improvements and gameplay that I think is enjoyable. If you're more of a casual gamer then I can see you enjoying this more than CS:S or 1.6
  43. Nov 14, 2012
    This is a game of games. If you enjoy Counter Strike's award winning gameplay and tactics, You simply cannot miss this one. Being more modernized and balanced, this version of Counter Strike plays like no other CS. Being a Veteran of CS, this version accurately displays a more friendly game with it's quick match feature and new additions that make Counter Strike: Counter Strike. The gameThis is a game of games. If you enjoy Counter Strike's award winning gameplay and tactics, You simply cannot miss this one. Being more modernized and balanced, this version of Counter Strike plays like no other CS. Being a Veteran of CS, this version accurately displays a more friendly game with it's quick match feature and new additions that make Counter Strike: Counter Strike. The game keeps true to it's quirky and different game style and play from other games and not surprisingly very fun. The game deems itself on one's and overall team's skill of using firearms, and requires the player to skillfully engage enemies with a sense of tactics. This game is WAY over its worth of only 15 USD, and should be notable for its overall touch ups and new gameplay of other CS games. Expand
  44. Jan 21, 2013
    Valve aimed to improve on the CS series with this game and they did just that. Small tweaks add improvements and slight alterations to map designs fix what were uneven maps. This game as not advertised as a brand new game. It stays true to the feel and style of the previous titles. Since release, changes have continued as the dev team listens to the gamers and makes things even better.Valve aimed to improve on the CS series with this game and they did just that. Small tweaks add improvements and slight alterations to map designs fix what were uneven maps. This game as not advertised as a brand new game. It stays true to the feel and style of the previous titles. Since release, changes have continued as the dev team listens to the gamers and makes things even better. One fault currently is the lack of official maps, but these may be added in the future. Plus, the graphics look great. If your a fan of the CS games, you will enjoy GO. If you're not, give this game a shot and see if it's your type of play. They also added in different match making and play types including competitive play. These matches add another level of skill to the game and allow better organized clan play. Expand
  45. Feb 16, 2013
    The gameplay is, of course, CS-style yet it's quite different from both 1.6 and CSS which is not necessarily a bad thing. I see a lot of people complaining because it doesn't have the 1.6 feeling but that is fine in my opinion, I feel that every CS game is good and potentially competitive in its own way. If you're looking for something more "serious" than your average no-brain modernThe gameplay is, of course, CS-style yet it's quite different from both 1.6 and CSS which is not necessarily a bad thing. I see a lot of people complaining because it doesn't have the 1.6 feeling but that is fine in my opinion, I feel that every CS game is good and potentially competitive in its own way. If you're looking for something more "serious" than your average no-brain modern shooter then this game is for you. Expand
  46. Dec 26, 2013
    This is the best Counter Strike in the series, They also made it very easy to edit weapons and mod the game, With user Generated content.. Also the graphics are not ground breaking they allow all types of machines to play from mid end to extreme keeping the game more competitive and fast paced as a WBGS Gamer we approve this game due to its simplicity in modding and gameplay+weapons with aThis is the best Counter Strike in the series, They also made it very easy to edit weapons and mod the game, With user Generated content.. Also the graphics are not ground breaking they allow all types of machines to play from mid end to extreme keeping the game more competitive and fast paced as a WBGS Gamer we approve this game due to its simplicity in modding and gameplay+weapons with a max rating of 10. Expand
  47. Mar 12, 2014
    Although the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is so ambitious, it cannot reach its succeed like the Counter-Strike.however, we can see Valve had put a lot of effort to make this game to be perfect.In addition, it is a good game.
  48. Aug 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr than cod Expand
  49. Nov 15, 2015
    This is a great game and can last for years. Ignore all the reviews talking about cheaters because this game has just as many cheaters as any other game out there, if not less. They complain about that because Counter-Strike is a hard game. It takes a lot of practice and commitment to play. Meaning if you are new, you are going to get destroyed in-game multiplayer. Cheaters are taken veryThis is a great game and can last for years. Ignore all the reviews talking about cheaters because this game has just as many cheaters as any other game out there, if not less. They complain about that because Counter-Strike is a hard game. It takes a lot of practice and commitment to play. Meaning if you are new, you are going to get destroyed in-game multiplayer. Cheaters are taken very seriously, and will be banned from the servers forever after reported. This is a very competitive game, and if you're not up for a very challenging journey, then this is not the game for you. Expand
  50. Oct 14, 2014
    Really good game i used to play alot of cs 1.6 before i moved to Cs:GO and i must say that it is a beautiful game all around. It has good graphics but the gameplay it's his forte. Especially the multiplayer the ranking system made the game alot more competitive . I recommend it
  51. Jun 15, 2015
    CS:GO. I feel very mixed about this game, since unlike in source, you can't ignore the microphone in this game, as it is very essential to winning, yet the abuse over voice chat is actually the worst out of all of the games I have ever played. The other side of this issue is that the people without a microphone who play competitive games completely screw the team over from the start due toCS:GO. I feel very mixed about this game, since unlike in source, you can't ignore the microphone in this game, as it is very essential to winning, yet the abuse over voice chat is actually the worst out of all of the games I have ever played. The other side of this issue is that the people without a microphone who play competitive games completely screw the team over from the start due to the lack of communication. Smurfs and cheaters roam the game rampantly screwing over the people who wish to play legit. As I speak, Overwatch is now out of Beta, so I hope we see some improvement. Valve also placed a new rule that you have to be CS:GO profile "Private Rank 3" to play competitive mode to reduce smurfing and cheating, but it hurts the players who are legit as well, since there is no way to gain enough EXP fast enough to play competitive mode unless you play around 100 dms and win every one. Kids who don't know how to be polite to people also bolster a percent of the fun I could have if the community was nicer to each other.
    On the other hand, I enjoy playing this game because of the high skill ceiling and some of the nice people you meet during the game. I have met people from about everywhere, from Europe to Asia. I enjoy talking to them and learning about their life opposed to my very stereotypical life in the States. I enjoy learning to play better, and eventually rank up, which gives me quite a bit of satisfaction when it does happen, my everlasting hope to be one of the best. So, if you just overlook the cheaters and salty people, you will be set to have a fun gaming experience.
  52. Jul 30, 2015
    When you get a good team this game is the best! Unfortunately there are so many jerks out there or worse, trolls who ruin the game. The community can be so toxic at times. The trolls always come in pairs so not only is the game ruined but you can't vote them off. About 1 in 4 or 5 games aren't very fun because of people like this. but otherwise it is a fun fun game. the work they put intoWhen you get a good team this game is the best! Unfortunately there are so many jerks out there or worse, trolls who ruin the game. The community can be so toxic at times. The trolls always come in pairs so not only is the game ruined but you can't vote them off. About 1 in 4 or 5 games aren't very fun because of people like this. but otherwise it is a fun fun game. the work they put into the maps are satisfying Expand
  53. Jul 11, 2017
    Not as good as other Valve games like Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead, but still a great shooting game for PC. The game costs 14 euros or 16 dollars, which is maybe even a bit too little - you could get far worse games for the same price!
  54. Aug 21, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15.
  55. Mar 15, 2014
    Best game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are forBest game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are for updates.

With new "operations" players are able to spend a small amount of money to support community map makers and be able to play on those maps they work so hard on to make. In addition, recent updates such as the Arms Deal update allow players to have their own gun skins, apply stickers, and even name weapons.

As anyone who is new to the franchise, expect a difficult learning curve that is incredibly rewarding to overcome. Valve and Hidden Path are really outdoing themselves with this installment and I look forward to future updates.
  56. Aug 29, 2012
    This got me back into CS, which is reason enough to warrant a 10. CS is arguably one of the best skill-based games in the history of videogames and changing the formula would only hurt it. Thanks for the gfx update, Valve! I'll probably try and do some mapping again, too.
  57. Aug 23, 2012
    I love this game! never played CS games before but CS-GO is the game i was waiting for. For 10$ i can only recommend it. Great positive is. You dont need high end machine to play it. Even old ati 3850 with 256mb of memory can handle this game on full hd with decent framerate.
  58. Nov 8, 2012
    CS:GO is NOT an UPDATE to CS. CS:GO is an entirely new game. Spray patterns are different. Bursting is different. Hitboxes are smaller, models slightly bigger. New guns and new nades. Molotovs/Incid are naw great CC's and can change/hinder the flow of a rush. Smokes are extremely effective. This is a new counter-strike so play it as such
  59. Aug 21, 2012
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value!

People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day. This game improves on the CSS graphics and maps, the added match making needs a few improvements but its good to fire off a 5v5 competitive game which normally you had to PUG for. The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value!

People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day.

The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of things to figure out and test. Lots of the old players don't like change it's as simple as that, instead of seeing it as a challenge.

The graphics COULD be better, but again its $15 and they targets multiple platforms and markets, they want the game to play for everyone and thats what it does, everyone in CS world wants huge amounts of FPS, so they get it with a bit less detail here and there. The main thing lacking I would say is tessellation or parallax mapping. Apart from that it's a much nicer looking game over CSS.

$15! its a steal for such fun multiplayer action, now with more game modes added in and maps.
  60. Nov 14, 2012
    CSGO has yet again defined how a competitive shooter should be.
    Yes, it may not have reached the standard's of 1.6, however, thanks to Valve's promises of future updates, the future of CSGO shines brightly.

Fit for both Casual and Competitive player, as well as costing a shocking $15, it's a must buy for any fps fan.
  61. Sep 14, 2013
    At first i was a little skeptical being a source fan but i actually came to like this game playing classic competitive mode with friends. its painfully frustrating when your loosing but its invigorating when your playing well. making this game was a bold move by valve considering the large css community but they pulled it off really well.
  62. Aug 22, 2012
    Graphics blasting into my eyes, more weapons, more modes, more maps... In fact, this is the sequel to the most original first person shooter game which makes a lot sense. No nickel and diming needed. The game is worth $15 and all the features it has. It's awesome that the graphics aren't "hardcore" because that will otherwise leave another $60 pricetag in another streamlined pile of games.
  63. Aug 23, 2012
    This Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than itsThis Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than its cool. Great Game and the price for it is very very good. Expand
  64. Jan 4, 2013
    This review is for those who have not played, or do not care, about the previous Counter-Strike titles and simply want a shooter to play. Counter-Strike is a very engaging and computer-friendly game for both FPS newbies and veterans alike. It aspires to create a style of gameplay for everyone through a concise means - those wanting to get right into the thick of things can dive into ArmsThis review is for those who have not played, or do not care, about the previous Counter-Strike titles and simply want a shooter to play. Counter-Strike is a very engaging and computer-friendly game for both FPS newbies and veterans alike. It aspires to create a style of gameplay for everyone through a concise means - those wanting to get right into the thick of things can dive into Arms Race, where you progress through a chain of different weapons from killing enemies, instantly respawning if you get shot down yourself, maximising your play time. Those wanting to take a more tactical approach to their shooter can play the classic mode, where being killed keeps you dead until the next round, and the goal of the match ranges from killing everyone on the opposing team to rescuing/protecting a band of hostages to ensuring the fate of a planted bomb. It's pretty straightforward, but it's everything it says on the tin. Graphics-wise, I think it's done a great job, with the particle effects of blood and gun residue managed well but lacking that bit of "wow" factor. The only music in the game is in the menu (aside from a few jingles in-game signifying deaths) and that alone riles you up for your next match. The enormous multitude of achievements and desire to get better creates a remarkable value for replay - then again, any multiplayer online game you can get a lot of time out of. I think the only downside to this game is that being on the PC you can't bring a friend over to do splitscreen - the XBox version is where you want to go for that. In conclusion, this is a brilliant FPS that drops you right into the action in a comfortable yet exhilarating game environment. I've loved every second of it. Expand
  65. Feb 1, 2014
    Since i don't have any of the counter-strike games that came before this, i don't know a lot about the series, but i'm just going to talk about my impressions of the game.

CS:GO is more a remake of CS:source with better graphics, smart changes to the old maps, new game modes, and some new features. This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most

This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most other modern shooters. New players will have a lot of difficulty with the differences in gameplay. Most weapons have a lot of recoil, which makes them hard to control, rushing isn't a good strategy as you will die quickly, and you have to be careful with your footstep noise. In this way, it is very realistic.
    Although there are 4 new game modes, competitive, in which one team tries to plant a bomb and the other team needs to defend it, is still by far the best and most played one. This is because every match is completely different from the other. Losing a round means earning less money, and less money means less powerful weapons to buy, and because of this, winning the first round gives you a huge advantage over the other team. Killing someone feels better than in any other game, because you know they won't come back, and it shows you that you've learned to play such a difficult game. Because of the system in which you don't respawn until the round has ended, your role greatly affects your small 5-player team. This is done better than in any other game i've played.

Overview:
    Gameplay: 9.5
    The game is very tactical and balanced, and your role greatly affects your team.

Graphics: 6.5
    Although the weapons look cool, the game's textures look pretty dated.

Sound: 8
    The soundtrack is decent, and weapons sound realistic.

Lasting appeal: 10
    This game can easily keep you busy for hundreds of hours.

FINAL RATING: 8.5
  66. Nov 4, 2014
    The best online shooters saga history returns with an addictive great game and renovated with multiple modes and game options. The graphic draws attention especially on maps and are quite varied, recognize old maps with amazing quality graphics. The game is constantly updated with maps, passes, community contributions ... etc, extending the life of brutal game. Highly recommended if youThe best online shooters saga history returns with an addictive great game and renovated with multiple modes and game options. The graphic draws attention especially on maps and are quite varied, recognize old maps with amazing quality graphics. The game is constantly updated with maps, passes, community contributions ... etc, extending the life of brutal game. Highly recommended if you like shooters Expand
  67. Jun 3, 2014
    Counter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and givesCounter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and gives the adrenaline that every game should give, especially talking about fpses. I'm enjoying this game and always will. thanks counterstrike for keeping alive esports despites League of Legends and CoD **** alike. Expand
  68. Jun 26, 2015
    This game is, by far, the BEST shooter I have ever played in my whole gaming life. Sure, there are games like Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and more, but CS:GO is by far a long-lasting shooter in its genre. The release date was almost 3 years ago, and in the time span between 2012 and now, there had been, I believe, 2 Battlefields, almost 3 Calls to Duty, and almost 2 angel ringsThis game is, by far, the BEST shooter I have ever played in my whole gaming life. Sure, there are games like Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and more, but CS:GO is by far a long-lasting shooter in its genre. The release date was almost 3 years ago, and in the time span between 2012 and now, there had been, I believe, 2 Battlefields, almost 3 Calls to Duty, and almost 2 angel rings (Halo). Look at the game now. It had 6 major updates, dozens of eSports teams (like the notorious fnatic or NiP), and 4 major tournaments, all acknowledged by Valve. In fact, a 5th tournament is in August, when the game turns 5 years old. After 3 years you would think a game would die, right? WRONG. In fact, CS:GO will save you a lot of money, because it's still being played. A COD game costs $60 USD (38.10 GBP), with yearly installments. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is 1/4 of that, with only one purchase (excluding weapon skins). That is a long-term savings right there.

In conclusion, CS:GO is a cheap and great FPS game, and everyone should try it.
  69. Aug 28, 2014
    A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite).A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite). The graphics are really good and don't strain your PC even on a low level gaming rig. The game is worth its $15 asking price, and seeing as how Valve constantly updates the game, its value surpasses the price. You'll find yourself being stuck in the addicting grind to get better weapon skins and to complete challenge missions to unlock more skins. I'd recommend for FPS fans who play on the PC and who are looking for a good competitive game. Expand
  70. Oct 11, 2014
    This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo,This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo, Call of Duty) you actually need skillZ in this game, you can't just charge up and hold down the trigger button and expect to win. YOU NEED SKILLZ TO KILL. So basically y'all modern day "gamers" are gonna get pissed and stuff cause it takes too much skillZ only a boss can play this game, not some modern "AAA" gamer. WARNING THIS GAME TAKES TOO MUCH BOSSNESS AND SKILLZ, NOT FOR THE WEAK MINDED 9 YEAR OLDS THAT OCCUPIES MOST GAME COMMUNITIES THESE DAYZ. Expand
  71. Mar 4, 2015
    One of the best counter-strike games(Or fps for that matter). It keeps it original simplicity with some additional new features.

If you love FPS games, this game should be in your library ASAP!
  72. Jun 28, 2015
    I played a lot in Counter Strike 1.6 and it's rly similar to it, so when CS:GO was released i bought it instantly. I love that game, especially matchmaking mode its sth what is a point in that game :)
  73. Aug 19, 2016
    THIS IS A SHOOTER FOR REAL PEOPLE NOT OVERWATCH S**T,THIS IS FOR REAL AND NOT FOR PSSYS,ALL THE TIME OVERWATCH ITS A SHOOTER MOBA...NO¡¡ OVERWATCH ITS **** ITS SO **** THAT THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT PLAYS THIS GAME ARE PEOPLE WITH NO LAIF CS GO ITS AMEISING I CAN GET KNIFE AND GET DINEROS IN OVERWATCH I GET SKIN I GET ****,CANT LOOK AT IT FCK OVEWRWATCH GLORY TO CS GO I GOT ASIIMOV,WITHTHIS IS A SHOOTER FOR REAL PEOPLE NOT OVERWATCH S**T,THIS IS FOR REAL AND NOT FOR PSSYS,ALL THE TIME OVERWATCH ITS A SHOOTER MOBA...NO¡¡ OVERWATCH ITS **** ITS SO **** THAT THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT PLAYS THIS GAME ARE PEOPLE WITH NO LAIF CS GO ITS AMEISING I CAN GET KNIFE AND GET DINEROS IN OVERWATCH I GET SKIN I GET ****,CANT LOOK AT IT FCK OVEWRWATCH GLORY TO CS GO I GOT ASIIMOV,WITH OVERWATCH U GET EMBOLIA Expand
  74. Feb 15, 2017
    I play 1 game competitive at silver 1 level every morning 2 wake me for the power day ahead it wakes my brain and is always good times even though my KD is 0.5 most of time because player in this game is so good!! They say not to use controller but i like controller so I use controller. I like game!
  75. Jul 1, 2017
    밀리터리 fps를 좋아하진 않는편이란걸 참고해주세요 이 게임은 fps에서 힘든 밸런스 맞추기를 잘했다. 솔직히 밀리터리 액션이 이렇게 재미있는 줄 몰랐던것 같다. 하지만 문제는 지금 초보자가 입문하기엔
    어려운 것 같다 점점 고인물이 되가는 것 같다.
  76. Aug 16, 2017
    Good game recently received an update and all cheaters are banned and improved anti-cheat! Original gameplay! Now modern shooters have turned into a boring indoor range but this shooter original and not boring!
  77. Nov 11, 2012
    I really love this game. The ELO team skill ranking really works and they keep making updates, so each time is better than before. Competitive mode is so nice... if u abandon 4 matches in less than a week, you get banned for 1 week. Best Counter Strike ever for only $15.

CS:GO > CS 1.6 > CS:Source
  78. Aug 24, 2012
    CS:GO is very much just an upgraded version of the previous game's. But they have done a fantastic job at upgrading it. The menus are smooth, the graphics much better looking, and the gameplay itself is the same amazing CS formula but somehow better. And for those who are whinging about it being just like CODs formula, it's similar but unlike activision, valve is only charging $15 forCS:GO is very much just an upgraded version of the previous game's. But they have done a fantastic job at upgrading it. The menus are smooth, the graphics much better looking, and the gameplay itself is the same amazing CS formula but somehow better. And for those who are whinging about it being just like CODs formula, it's similar but unlike activision, valve is only charging $15 for this. Same price you would pay for an indie game, and still cheaper than every one of the modern Call Of Duty's. Expand
  79. Oct 31, 2013
    As someone who's never played any of the other Counter Strikes this game is awesome. The skill required to play the game is tremendous, and the learning curve is never ending. You have to strive to actually get better, not just unlock stuff, which for many players who have braved the COD and Battlefield generation is a nice breath of fresh air.

Of the things I enjoy, the competitive

Of the things I enjoy, the competitive mode is what really stands out. 5 vs. 5, winner takes all matches, there is nothing better in gaming. You and your team have to actually work together to get stuff done, and most players take it seriously, which is nice. You will have bad matches, and the matchmaking can get frustrating, particularly being placed into a match where most people are of higher rank than you, but for the most part matches are typically even and both teams have an equal chance of winning.

The other game modes are fun and can help you learn how to play the game but I haven't played them all that much so it's not my place to talk about them. Arms race is one that's particularly fun and can help you learn how to handle all the weapons, but you wouldn't find me playing it anywhere near as much as I would competitive mode. Fun and helpful but not where the meat is.

I could go on about everything but that's not really my place. It works as it is, and for $15 you will be hard pressed to find a better bargain for the amount of fun this game will allot you. I wouldn't recommend it for your typical casual gamer, and there really isn't anything else besides the multiplayer component, but it's fun. Would recommend for anyone who's competitive or wants something new with their gaming.

~Sir Provost
  80. Jun 26, 2015
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a great game. In my honest opinion, this installment of Counter-Strike is in my opinion, the best one since version CS 1.5 - although not quite up to par with it. My reasoning behind this is the low tick-rate of 64 on the competitive servers, along with worse hit detection, something which can sometimes totally ruin your day. Other than this, the newCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is a great game. In my honest opinion, this installment of Counter-Strike is in my opinion, the best one since version CS 1.5 - although not quite up to par with it. My reasoning behind this is the low tick-rate of 64 on the competitive servers, along with worse hit detection, something which can sometimes totally ruin your day. Other than this, the new competitive match making system is brilliant - it has never been easier to get into a 5v5, the tweaks done to the classic weapons are interesting, not the mention the new ones and most of the new maps are incredibly good. Also, this game is really entertaining to watch, especially when the top-tier teams are pitted against each other in cups and tournaments. Expand
  81. Aug 22, 2012
    Valve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much toValve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much to complain about. Expand
  82. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Sounter Strike. If you don't want Counter Strike don't buy it. It is a fantastic game, great balance, great gameplay and even great music. Don't treat this like Counter Strike: 2. And don't treat it like another game entirely. Counter Strike isn't broken so they haven't fixed it. They've evolved it.
  83. Aug 21, 2012
    Please note that this review is based on 100% beta Gameplay.

Please note that this review is based on 100% beta Gameplay.

One of the first FPS's to capture a great competitive edge brought to millions of people is back, 12 years later in Counter Strike Global Offensive. The game sadly is almost a 15$ texture pack. But there are new features. There is a new grenade, and, that's about it i think. This game somehow broke the record for least accomplished in a game in gaming history. This brings less to the table then the new CoD games.

But there are many positives, which outweigh the negatives a ton. The new game reunites all my friends and lets me find games with people that aren't 100% CS pros. It is more casual, but it isn't too casual, you will still get your ass whopped if you are new to the franchise. It is one of the best looking valve games ever also. If you look at it like a 15$ reskin then this game could be crowned as one of the worst games released this year. But if you look at it as a Community get together with some good gameplay and graphics, then you will enjoy this game for sure.
  84. Aug 22, 2012
    Feels like a cross between 1.6 and source with improved graphics and some rebalanced maps. Its just as easy to strafe and shoot as well as spray and pray as it was in source, however it is now just as easy as it was in 1.6 to shoot through walls/corners/doors/boxes, without taking it as far as crossing very thick walls or 3 walls at a time. Considering the price tag its a must have,Feels like a cross between 1.6 and source with improved graphics and some rebalanced maps. Its just as easy to strafe and shoot as well as spray and pray as it was in source, however it is now just as easy as it was in 1.6 to shoot through walls/corners/doors/boxes, without taking it as far as crossing very thick walls or 3 walls at a time. Considering the price tag its a must have, lately all large titles have been coming out with 50 or 60 dollar price tags and offer a lot less hours of entertainment. If you're a counter strike fan you should enjoy this one be it a 1.6 or source player. If you love BF3 or if you are running a 10 year old pc then perhaps you should stick to BF3 and 1.6 accordingly. Expand
  85. Aug 28, 2012
    Great Game. It's only 15 bucks, the price of a map pack. This is like a fully updated counter strike game. It retains the core elements of the original counter strike like classic competitive mode, but it's also got a new, fresh feel to it. The arms race gamemode is more fun than gungame from CS:S imho. The recoils are different and there are some new things like molotovs, which just spiceGreat Game. It's only 15 bucks, the price of a map pack. This is like a fully updated counter strike game. It retains the core elements of the original counter strike like classic competitive mode, but it's also got a new, fresh feel to it. The arms race gamemode is more fun than gungame from CS:S imho. The recoils are different and there are some new things like molotovs, which just spice up the game a little bit. In terms of graphics, this is pretty much as far as the source engine will go. Also don't listen to people complaining about hit registration. They're just used to the broken hit reg of CS 1.6. This is FIXED and you actually hit people when you're supposed to. Enjoy the game and have fun! ;D Expand
  86. Dec 3, 2012
    I notice the differences when I switch from CS:GO to CS:S. CS:S feels monotonous, looks pixelated, the sounds have no depth, and the teams are always locked in an AK vs M4 war. It was a much needed update.
  87. Sep 3, 2012
    Improved gunplay, graphics, sound coupled with new modes and maps make this a really fun and addicting entry to CS. I stopped playing Source because it started to feel a little dated but this has made me want to play CS again. Demolition and Arms Race are very, very fun. The classic maps are also much better balanced while still having that old feel we all love. At $15 this is a steal.
  88. Apr 8, 2013
    Ok this game is truly an AMAZING game. I found the graphics quite nice for a counter strike game. The price of this game is amazing for the content it has. The game isn't a very noob friendly game, but definitely easier to play than the past counter strike games. There aren't any hackers as far as I know thanks to Valve’s VAC Filter. Here’s a tip, if you’re new to Counter Strike IOk this game is truly an AMAZING game. I found the graphics quite nice for a counter strike game. The price of this game is amazing for the content it has. The game isn't a very noob friendly game, but definitely easier to play than the past counter strike games. There aren't any hackers as far as I know thanks to Valve’s VAC Filter. Here’s a tip, if you’re new to Counter Strike I recommend playing offline with some bots to train and then try to play with real players. Overall this game is very well made and fun, I highly recommend buying it. Expand
  89. Feb 11, 2013
    I've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly feeI've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly fee of $15 (cheaper than css) free dlc it is worth the money. Expand
  90. Dec 17, 2012
    If you are hardcore 1.6 or hardcore CS:S, then just stay with your game and don't come complaining in the CS:GO servers. CS:GO is counter-strike. Just like how 1.6 and CS:S are a little different, CS:GO is a little different too. From CS:S, CS:GO wasn't hard for me to adjust to. Unlike in CS:S, there aren't those "noob" labels on guns. The AWP is more fair, the machines guns are just aIf you are hardcore 1.6 or hardcore CS:S, then just stay with your game and don't come complaining in the CS:GO servers. CS:GO is counter-strike. Just like how 1.6 and CS:S are a little different, CS:GO is a little different too. From CS:S, CS:GO wasn't hard for me to adjust to. Unlike in CS:S, there aren't those "noob" labels on guns. The AWP is more fair, the machines guns are just a blast (instead of getting angry on death, you sort of laugh) and the auto-shotty and auto-sniper are more "morally" acceptable as powerful weapons. I can have a lot of fun playing, in the same way I had fun in CS:S. Expand
  91. Dec 20, 2012
    400 hours in and I am still addicted to both the casual and competive side of play. As a long time CS player I'm really enjoying GO and see it as the best CS to date. Vets of the series might have a few complaints about the recoil on some of the weapons and overall lack of innovation, which I agree with to a point. CS:GO needs to be played with a clean slate, despite the familiar maps. A400 hours in and I am still addicted to both the casual and competive side of play. As a long time CS player I'm really enjoying GO and see it as the best CS to date. Vets of the series might have a few complaints about the recoil on some of the weapons and overall lack of innovation, which I agree with to a point. CS:GO needs to be played with a clean slate, despite the familiar maps. A big shake up of the guns and their recoil paths, matchmaking and extra game mods are in my opinion, a welcome addition.

With such a small price tag, CS:GO is a must have. A steam sale is now on and with Christmas just around the corner, why not stock up on a few copies and gift them to friends. I guarentee that good times are to be had with CS:GO.
  92. Jan 2, 2013
    Feels very good. Good Movement, good weapon-behavior. I played 1.6 a little bit, never played source. I was more into fast-paced action, like Tactical Ops.
    The thing that was always **** in CS was that your movement was horrible, it felt like coordinating a piece of concrete or a sack of potatos.
    Now its perfect, really cheap price and cool gamemodes(Gungame ftw!)
  93. Jan 22, 2013
    Counter strike global offensive is awesome, great gameplay, looks great, and the community overall isn't too bad.. Atleast not as bad as i'd expect from an FPS game. The only reason my score will be 9 instead of 10 is the lack of new maps, for the competitive gamemode. The competitive game mode is amazing tho, just make sure you play with your friends, chances are high that your teammatesCounter strike global offensive is awesome, great gameplay, looks great, and the community overall isn't too bad.. Atleast not as bad as i'd expect from an FPS game. The only reason my score will be 9 instead of 10 is the lack of new maps, for the competitive gamemode. The competitive game mode is amazing tho, just make sure you play with your friends, chances are high that your teammates will 100% focus on fragging, and not give a f-ck about the objective. Expand
  94. Feb 11, 2013
    An excellent rehash of CS:S with non-essential, but pleasant, updates to textures and skins. The game feels like a CS game and doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. Don't go into it thinking you're going to play being playing a Valve COD or Battlefield FPS. The simple game play mechanics and bare bones options of CS:S are what you will get here. People expect way too much for a $15 game.An excellent rehash of CS:S with non-essential, but pleasant, updates to textures and skins. The game feels like a CS game and doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. Don't go into it thinking you're going to play being playing a Valve COD or Battlefield FPS. The simple game play mechanics and bare bones options of CS:S are what you will get here. People expect way too much for a $15 game. Definitely worth the cash, even better if you can get it on sale! Expand
  95. Mar 26, 2013
    Fun game, brings me back to when I was in middle school and would spend time playing this game. Reason I really enjoy it is because ranks, guns, etc do not matter like in COD. It's just fun to kill time with, and people playing really use tactics...which I enjoy
  96. Apr 3, 2013
    I should say the graphics are pretty good. Guns are OK. But the the thing that i hate most is that enemies in multiplayer or bots are pretty dang hard to kill and source, 1.6 are better than this. What i like most is that there are lots people to play with and amazing maps. The only thing that this game needs is that they need to make small, medium and big maps and so far there are onlyI should say the graphics are pretty good. Guns are OK. But the the thing that i hate most is that enemies in multiplayer or bots are pretty dang hard to kill and source, 1.6 are better than this. What i like most is that there are lots people to play with and amazing maps. The only thing that this game needs is that they need to make small, medium and big maps and so far there are only big maps which is hard to find enemies when playing 1 on 1. Bots are also pretty good because they think like real humans (they camp). Although it might not be the best, still a great game all the way and worth $15. Expand
  97. Sep 10, 2013
    This game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this gameThis game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this game definitely does come close, GO BUY IT! Expand
  98. Nov 18, 2013
    One of the best games i've ever played, the maps are great and the only person you can blame for your failure is yourself, because you only die when you make mistakes it does have some balancing problems when you use the public matchmaking but for the price of 13 bucks its acceptable.
  99. Mar 16, 2014
    гама достойна похвалы,с геймплейем всё было понятно,разрабы говорят мол ''стрельба приближенна к 1.6'' но нет,зажимать с калаша не получится,даже когда по одно пуле стреляешь, пуля летит на много выше вверхней лески(по которой я целился в 1.6) не советую покупать.Но если хочется протестить бери!гама достойна похвалы,с геймплейем всё было понятно,разрабы говорят мол ''стрельба приближенна к 1.6'' но нет,зажимать с калаша не получится,даже когда по одно пуле стреляешь, пуля летит на много выше вверхней лески(по которой я целился в 1.6) не советую покупать.Но если хочется протестить бери!

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]