7.8

1. Aug 21, 2012
    The game is only half complete. I will speak from a casual and competitive side of the game.

First the casual side. The game was suppose to come out with a zombie mode. They decided to early release the game and put in zombie mode later. The lack of flashlight. The lack of tagging/flinching makes newbie/casual players unable to out smart a professional gamer with perfect aim. This
    results in a game where aim > placement, position, and strategy.

The competitive side. The game sound is impossible to pinpoint exact player location. The lack of tagging and flinching. The money reward is messed up. $900 per p90/shotgun kill. Only receiving $50 for awp kills.

Overall a lot of the community was ignored on the forum. They pushed a game out that wasn't complete. A huge disappointment for a 1.6 player. The game is still definitely an improvement over source.
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    Please note that this review is based on 100% beta Gameplay.

One of the first FPS's to capture a great competitive edge brought to millions of people is back, 12 years later in Counter Strike Global Offensive. The game sadly is almost a 15$ texture pack. But there are new features. There is a new grenade, and, that's about it i think. This game somehow broke the record for least
    accomplished in a game in gaming history. This brings less to the table then the new CoD games.

But there are many positives, which outweigh the negatives a ton. The new game reunites all my friends and lets me find games with people that aren't 100% CS pros. It is more casual, but it isn't too casual, you will still get your ass whopped if you are new to the franchise. It is one of the best looking valve games ever also. If you look at it like a 15$ reskin then this game could be crowned as one of the worst games released this year. But if you look at it as a Community get together with some good gameplay and graphics, then you will enjoy this game for sure.
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    If anything, this games shows how outdated Source engine is, even though it's supposedly latest build. Some maps (like inferno) actually look much worse than in CS:Source, and all weapons have sort of rubbery look, none of them looked like stamped sheet metal they're supposed to be. In other words, this game seems to have zero pixel shaders, although lighting looks good here and there.

The game? Game is same. That same game we've played 12 years already. And it's showing its age. Few new guns and hundred more polys on some maps doesn't really make any improvements: A considerable improvement would have been to remove extinct gameplay mechanics, such as "being dead", because what felt okay in 2000, doesn't make sense today anymore. Why am I watching other people play while being dead? Give me a knife, stick, or bomb, or play as a unarmed hostage, but let me PLAY. I didn't buy this to spectate others for 2/3 of the time.

I imagine this version appeases some more hardcore fans, but for rest of the world, that game remains in annals of history and has no business being back, unless some fundamental things are changed.
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    Tengo el juego desde el 16 de agosto y me ha parecido muy bueno, cuando me envicio en un juego es cuando me doy cuenta de lo bueno que esta. Llevo 35 horas jugadas y no me decepcionó. Además doy por echo que las cosas que le faltan (linterna, silenciador. etc.) vendran con las actualizaciones. Jugabilidad: exelente, algunos se quejan, pero yo creo que es más realista que nunca, pegar heads con metralleta es algo q puede pasar. Tecnologia: 10 puntos. Estamos hablando de Source. En mi opinion el mejor motor grafico de todos, a pesar de tener sus años, si fisica es la mejor. Graficos: No es un Cod pero un gamer no aprecia su juego por este punto. Sonido: exelente pues gracias al Source engine 2012 Innovación: Como trato de seguir la misma linea que los anteriores, no trae muchas cosas nuevas, hasta ahora, algunas armas y mapas. Pero esto con las futuras actualizaciones ya se verá! MUY RECOMENDABLE! Expand
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    This game suffers from a few fatal flaws.

1) No ironsights. Yes, I know it's a "feature" of the CS brand. But it's dumb.

2) Headshots or bust. They might as well just make all the player models a floating head. There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle. Giving an advantage for headshots is to be expected
    -- but the gap shouldn't be this big. 3) Hit reg. It's terrible. Obvious hits will do zero damage at times. I'll probably keep playing for a bit, but I don't see long term viability here. The things I listed above are just way too annoying for me to enjoy this for too long. Expand
  6. Jan 19, 2013
    The only thing good about CSGO are the slightly improved graphics and easy game find function, but that is all. CS1.6 was amazing when it came out. Then CSS was weird at first but eventually was just awesome. Finally CSGO comes out and I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed some parts of this game but overall the gameplay feels like a broken CSS.
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    After playing source for a few years, I was delighted to hear the announcement of CS:GO and this game does not disappoint those who are familiar with the franchise. Global Offensive brings a range of new features that makes the game easier for those who want to learn how to play, the new 'Weapons Course' mode will help newbies get the hang of the very basics of the game while new modes such as 'Arms Race' and 'Demolition' is targeted towards the more casual player. For anyone who is yet to play, this game is not your generic shooter and practice is a must! One of the huge disappointments to CSS and 1.6 is the fact that you had to use an external website to have a competitive match, this is not the case with GO as Valve has implemented a new 5v5 competitive mode which allows more experienced players to enjoy the Counter Strike series as they know it. Graphically the game has taken a huge overhaul and now looks better than ever with new lighting effects, an intuitive new buy menu and a hud that is more efficiant than any of the previous games. However in comparison to other modern shooters, the graphics are not perfect but who has ever played CS for its graphics?

The movement speed is different to previous games and will take a little bit of time to get used to as well as the new hitboxes which I used to disagree with but after many patches in the beta, Valve have constantly tweaked the game to what the community want to see. Your old favorite weapons are still there including the AK, M4A4 (don't worry its pretty much the M4A1) and the AWP as well as new weapons such as the Nova, Tec-9 and Molotov/ Incidinary grenade all feel at home and take little time to get used to. As usual, the map design is incredible and it is a pleasure to see your old favourites re-designed to suit the game. Barely any important locations have changed but Valve are still able to give them all a new fresh feel. The new maps that are featured in Arms Race and Demolition are not my scene but suit the style of game mode that they are for. During the beta there were invisible walls above the maps which prevented players from using the old nade spots however I believe that Valve has now patched this.

The game servers are solid and over the 100+ hours that I have already played, I have disconnected very little and to be fair it was probably my fault not theirs. The only critisism I have is that I have seen no evidence of servers matching your skill level with others, this creates a problem when professionals with plenty of hours of play are joined with a team of beginers who think it is a great idea to join a 'Competitive' game. This causes a lot of rage quiters and when you end up playing a full game, you will notice your team emptying for a few rounds before others join. Valve has left the game highly moddable for the community to create their own servers and game modes if they so please and I look forward to seeing what modders can do with the game. Zombies is already confirmed as a mod for the game. Overall the game is awesome and I know that I will play 1000+ hours for the next few years. It is definately still a Counter Strike game and anyone that is a little sceptical is either a 1.6 player who refuses to change the way they play or you need to give it a little more time. And for $15 how can anyone go wrong?
  8. Aug 22, 2012
    Feels like a cross between 1.6 and source with improved graphics and some rebalanced maps. Its just as easy to strafe and shoot as well as spray and pray as it was in source, however it is now just as easy as it was in 1.6 to shoot through walls/corners/doors/boxes, without taking it as far as crossing very thick walls or 3 walls at a time. Considering the price tag its a must have, lately all large titles have been coming out with 50 or 60 dollar price tags and offer a lot less hours of entertainment. If you're a counter strike fan you should enjoy this one be it a 1.6 or source player. If you love BF3 or if you are running a 10 year old pc then perhaps you should stick to BF3 and 1.6 accordingly. Expand
  9. Aug 23, 2012
    This Game is just great. I played all CS Versions. The game is one of best Games ever made. The new Modes are funny and great too. I didn't see any bugs till now and the game runs very fast. Also I can easy find a Game without long waiting. The Contra is I can't choose what race of soldiers I can play I'm just CT or T. Also the new Buying menue needs some time to understand but than its cool. Great Game and the price for it is very very good. Expand
  10. Aug 24, 2012
    The best game you can play. I've played on CSS little. But it's not really same. It's something more. Accuray is diffrent for all guns and it's good too!. I simply LOVE THIS GAME. But you know HOW to play it . It's not Shut'n Run game. COUNTER STRIKE GO :3 , Good spended15$
  11. Aug 24, 2012
    Good game. It differs from other games of a series a counter strike. It has many advantages, but also there are shortcomings. And instead of watering game by dirt, report about game shortcomings that developers could improve game. 9/10!
  12. Aug 24, 2012
    10/10 Why? Because there are trolls who have no idea about how counter strike works that give it a 0. For 15$, for me (13.49) on the sale, this game is by far a 8.5/10 actually. I don't even have to explain why this game is superb.
  13. Aug 24, 2012
    Yeah this game is a major breakthrough in CS series,new weapons,new games,new game play,but it's still a classic game and I like it.I hope that it will have many old and new fans.
  14. Aug 24, 2012
    its a awsome game i allways have played counter strike in my hole live i love the new counter strike global offesive game it is awsome love the new guns in the game
  15. Aug 24, 2012
    Counter-Strike is revived with Global Offensive! I seriously haven't had this much fun since 1.6. The game objectives are simple but the gameplay is brilliantly balanced. The new graphics are a bonus but the real emphasis is on teamwork and strategy. Every round feels tense, and there are no cheap deaths, only mistakes. I might be exuding some VALVe fanboyism here, but I'm honestly tired of the CoD hyper run-and-gun insta-kill culture, which to hardcore gamers is destroying the gaming industry. It does nothing but make you narcissistic and think for yourself only. Even though there's teams and the developers say teamwork is involved it really isnt, it's every man for himself as they're running around bobbing their heads aiming down the sights like some super soldier hero. People may complain about CS having no iron sights, but the fact is all these so-called 'realistic' shooters are only using mechanics like head bob and iron sights for immersion. What iron sights actually do is slow down the pace of gameplay, it's an unnecessary complicating mechanic that would never work in Counter-Strike. At the end of the day, how 'realistic' can first person shooters be? Every shooter has tried to copy CoD after its inception, and even other non-first person shooter multiplayer games like Uncharted. It's the whole ranking up system, perks, killstreak rewards and airstrike crap. Someone who spends more time than you is going to own you and then you get to see their flashy personalized 'banner'. That's not competitive. More games need to be the 'zero-sum' type like CS, L4D, Starcraft, Street Fighter etc. where players all start evenly and have equal chances. The latest reiteration of Counter-Strike is also the BEST version to date. It's fast paced, brutal and truly a blast to play. Expand
  16. Aug 25, 2012
    I play CS online since 1.3 after the release of CS:S i thought it cant getting worse, but here it comes.. CS:GO. This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod. Its like NFS:Shift or OPF:DragonRising. All this games have on togehter, they failed to be continuation of the old game. If they named into 'Global Offensive' thats ok, but please dont call it Counter-Strike. Everone who said CS:COD is absolutly right. Expand
  17. Aug 25, 2012
    Love this game! Very smooth and polished and much more accessible than previous versions. I believe this was a much needed upgrade for the game and should draw new players to the series.
  18. Aug 25, 2012
    Simply put, this is an update to Counter Strike. The core of Counter Strike is relatively unchanged, and depending on your opinion of the original, it's a good thing. However, I will say, it's hard to find a FPS that matches CS's Defuse gametype.
  19. Aug 25, 2012
    An excellent polish to an already great game. Everything feels as it should be and there is an incredible amount of rewarding for good trigger discipline/aim. Counter Strike veterans will feel at home.
  20. Sep 9, 2012
    CS: GO ; Ultimately its lack of any ambition at all makes this a disappointing upgrade after waiting for so long however it does stay true to the Counter Strike formula - perhaps too true!

CS: GO is a small fine tuning release - its clear they had a mission of taking the Counter Strike 1.6 formula and making it look a little bit better than CS: Source. Largely this is true although I
    have yet to be in a game where player's did not make fun of the "mushroom head" looking counter terrorist hats (who signed off on THAT decision?)

But the over all level design quality, the lighting, the HDR effects, the model details, gun details are one notch better than CS: Source ; and I do mean ONE notch. And this speaks to the primary reason this reviewer doesn't score CS: GO higher than a 6 ; for a company as large as Valve and as popular of an online game as Counter Strike is ; to shoot for the floor for this upgrade is not impressive.

Gameplay in Counter Strike is largely enshrined by the online community and the competitive community as well. However this doesn't mean that many online FPS game's haven't made clear that certain improvements are necessary for balance.

In Counter Strike the team that wins the first match is often likely to win the majority (and some times all) of the remaining matches due to their demanding cash lead in the second round. The cash system which was once innovative is now punishing. Other shooters present leveling system present more persistent systems where the player can advance and earn better gear and weapons that allow the player to not be instantly dominated because the other team was able to afford AWP's across the board in the second or third round! This out dated model from the 90's would have been an extremely welcome upgrade but was utterly ignored (yet again). Players will have to either mod their own play mode or wait another decade for Valve to drink from the clue cup on this one.

Similarly long over due for review was the gun balance and "realism" (note the quotes around realism) of the combat model in Counter Strike.

I can not count the number of times players have done a jumping AWP head shot either on me, or while I watched a team mate do it to the other side.

The incredible over-powered one-shot instant kill power of this weapon should have been much more carefully tempered with a little bit of realism. Any player running or jumping should be given no chance at all to hit their target with a sniper rifle, and greatly reduced chances with reduced damage when walking. Other guns suffer from an array of problems from too wide of a spread (even when crouched) to too narrow and precise of a spread in all forms (AK-47 for example). With varying ranges of damage problems such as I shot a terrorist in the back with the FAMAS 5 times to have him turn around and head shot me with a Desert Eagle!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive was an opportunity to raise the bar for skilled gameplay in a team environment. Instead a minor graphic overhaul is supposed to satisfy us for 10 more years.

Thankfully the entry price was low enough it is still probably worth purchasing unless you are really enjoying your current version of COD then really this game's lack of maturity and modern balance leaves it desiring a lot more attention and may be worth skipping.
  21. Aug 28, 2012
    I doubted Valve could pull this one off. My first impression was about a 6.5/10 but after giving it some time to sink in, playing it for a few hours, I've evolved to an easy 9. You can count on Valve introducing a customization store for guns/skins as well, which will only improve the gaming experience. CS:GO = Wife Aggro.
  22. Aug 28, 2012
    Seriously what is up with the 0s on this site? Just seems like a way to get attention.
    Anyway this game doesn't deserve a 0 or any score below a 6, cause as it won't appeal to all it is still a great game that has a lot of game time in. I honestly did not like Source very much it felt very clunky and slow, i do love 1.6 thou and while CS GO don't exactly feel JUST like 1.6 it is still
    very fun and addictive. Some people are just spoiled like that, as other companies rape series like EA with CnC 4.
    I like the graphics, the sounds, and the gameplay all it needs now is a good modding community like Source had (only reason i liked to play Source) and can customize bot matches w/o having to go into the console then it would be a blast.
  23. Aug 28, 2012
    Great Game. It's only 15 bucks, the price of a map pack. This is like a fully updated counter strike game. It retains the core elements of the original counter strike like classic competitive mode, but it's also got a new, fresh feel to it. The arms race gamemode is more fun than gungame from CS:S imho. The recoils are different and there are some new things like molotovs, which just spice up the game a little bit. In terms of graphics, this is pretty much as far as the source engine will go. Also don't listen to people complaining about hit registration. They're just used to the broken hit reg of CS 1.6. This is FIXED and you actually hit people when you're supposed to. Enjoy the game and have fun! ;D Expand
  24. Aug 29, 2012
    This is a great CS,just like the first one.The news weapons are awesome,the molotov is a great idea to put into the game.This is one of the best multiplayer games,COD and BF can't win to CS.
  25. Dec 3, 2012
    I notice the differences when I switch from CS:GO to CS:S. CS:S feels monotonous, looks pixelated, the sounds have no depth, and the teams are always locked in an AK vs M4 war. It was a much needed update.
  26. Sep 2, 2012
    I am so happy to say that Counter-Strike has been properly remade! When I am playing it brings back the amazing memories of 1.6 and having my own server, which I will again strive for in CS:GO. I liked Source, but overall the mechanics didn't feel right to me. Valve definitely hit the nail square on the head with the CS:GO engine, very good graphics and models with smooth and fast paced game play. The guns are also great and the buy menu is easy to navigate. The ONLY reason I am not giving this game a 10 is because there are already hacks available and people using them, there has to be a way to stop this Valve/Steam! Expand
  27. Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15
  28. Sep 3, 2012
    Переделанный Left 4 Dead, играть в такое не возможно... Убогая стрельба, убогие модели оружия, неудобное меню закупа, модельки СТ Т на каждой карте свои. Карты портированы из CS:S это убивают сие творение напрочь и отбивает желание играть и платить за ЭТО - $15. Всем мир, Всем 1.6 ! Expand
  29. Sep 3, 2012
    Improved gunplay, graphics, sound coupled with new modes and maps make this a really fun and addicting entry to CS. I stopped playing Source because it started to feel a little dated but this has made me want to play CS again. Demolition and Arms Race are very, very fun. The classic maps are also much better balanced while still having that old feel we all love. At $15 this is a steal.
  30. Sep 3, 2012
    This game is pretty bad, a waste of 15$. not worth getting. Game play is boring, lots of glitches, and overall it is poop. Its a joke compared to the cs 1.5
  31. Nov 28, 2012
    Beta-tested for this and now updating my review: At first I didn't like the CS:GO because it seemed like it was trying too hard to be something it's not (COD), but having tried the launch version of the game I see some improvements and gameplay that I think is enjoyable. If you're more of a casual gamer then I can see you enjoying this more than CS:S or 1.6
  32. Sep 5, 2012
    After 14 years of playing, this is "half life" consistent successor and with new age graphic and better physics, this game have plenty of potential for tournaments and other gather festivals, because people which play this game so long, they are tired of failing in every other extension before GO! This we waited so long and i hope for understanding from everyone, because this is 21st century and now everyone have pc and if you like games 15$ are nothing, u spend that on stupid things, this is not one of them! Gl & hf! Expand
  33. Sep 6, 2012
    I like this iteration of the Counter Strike series not because of it's amazing price at only 15 USD or because of the updated graphics. I like this because of the better engine and improved game-play, smarter bots, great steam community and amazing potential with the new engine for mods to come.
  34. Feb 3, 2013
    I can say, it's not the best cs, I'm a fan to css and alot peoples says that this is like that, but thats wrong, sure the maps maybe looks pretty the same as css but the rest with the weopens, skins and all, it's alot of differents.. and the ranking thing they have done makes you alot more pissed off when you lose a game than without the ranking thing.. but it's fun too.. but It's still counter strike so I will give it 10/10 Expand
  35. Sep 8, 2012
    - I am not a CS:S player but a CS 1.6 player. I haven't been playing any game for while after CS GO has been made available on MAC. - I am very happy with it. Good price. Good Graphics. Seems to be the game engine is well optimised where it doesnt require much computer power. It took me a little while to get used to this game. - The weapons in the game seems more balanced than its predecessors.

- Great game ! Its just $15 bucks !!
  36. Sep 8, 2012
    CS:GO off the bat is a nice update to CS (having played since CS 1.3). Pros: 1) Nice graphical tweaks to old and tired maps give the game a fresh feel. 2) A nice jump in and play system which makes it easy to get a server without the hassle of having to find one. 3) 2 new game modes off the bat, "Arms Race" is a simple gun game type scenario where as you kill, you get a new weapon, this is using a deathmatch system as well, so you will instantly respawn. "Demolition" changes this by setting out guns you unlock by killing enemies with your current weapon, and you can get bonus grenades by performing well in the round. Both new games are fun, and I have spent most of my time in GO playing them!

Cons:
    1) Locked down netcode! - Anyone who has played CS of any type in the past will have tweaked the netcode to suit their specific connection/computer/taste. Valve has locked the netcode down so much in GO that you cannot really fine tune your system. This is a big no no to me!
    2) Lack of maps - This may be something that will be addressed in the future through patches, but its the same old maps, and not many of them. You have Italy, Dust 1 & 2, Aztec, Office, Nuke & Train. In standard game play scenarios you will get bored of these pretty quickly! That said, the new game play modes have added rehashed versions of old maps (i.e a short version of train), but to me it feels like there isn't enough content on launch to keep the audience entertained.
    3) Ever changing models - As an old player of source, I got used to the colours of CT = blue, Terror = red (or brown!). However, with CS:GO each map changes the models, which isn't so bad in itself, however on some maps the models are so close in colour, you cannot tell them apart from any reasonable distance, which leaves me hovering over a player to ascertain whether they are on my own side or not....very frustrating!!
    4) The cross-hair - I like the old cross-hair, however I tried to use it and it seemed useless, so I now have to use the abomination that is the "new" cross-hair. You cannot change its colour (as far as I can tell) and it takes up so much room on the screen when your running around, its just annoying! It does seem to recognize friendlies, so that's why I'm using it. Overall, very poor!
    5) Clunky movement, and shocking physics - CSS may not have been the best 1st person shooter ever, but it felt fluid and smooth, however you come across GO and it seems very clunky, the players all run like they have a stick up their backsides and the physics are 10 years old (cannot shoot barrels now apparently!!).

That all said, the game is certainly entertaining. Better than CSS? No, but its certainly enjoyable, and with a few tweaks of the engine, some new content I'm sure it will be here to stay.

For the £12 I spent, I don't regret it, but if you are happy in CSS now, I would see the need to rush over immediately.
  37. Sep 9, 2012
    So many expectations were about this game. Even i was thinking, it can be something more than regular CS game. But it's still the same. Graphics were improved, few guns, and maps were added, but nothing special at all. Yes, some changes were added, official gun-game for example, but CS still needs something special, like a completely new game modes. Yes, this game is good, but expectations weren't realized. New buying menu isn't very comfortable. Gameplay hasn't changed since CS 1.6, what is a downside. Because if i want to play CS 1.6 with better graphics, i better play CS 1.6, and won't lost my 15 bux for the remake. if you guys think, it's an excellent successor to CS: S, you're wrong, because sequel must has something new. CS: GO, unfortunately hasn't. Expand
  38. Sep 19, 2012
    An improvement on every level. New graphics, a mixture of old and new, refreshing maps, and more guns. MORE EVERYTHING! If there were any maps that don't exist in CS:GO, I don't complain, because the rest of the game is fantastic. If you also enjoy TF2, you will have to be more precise and efficient with your shots. I barely play Source anymore because when I play community servers, most of the servers are on a new version (CS:GO) of the game. At only 14.99, do not hesistate to buy this. You will enjoy many hours of this great game. Expand
  39. Sep 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter Strike with no feel. Guns are flat and emotionless, no telling where your shots are going or how your gun is shooting. AWP is nerfed, same with ak/colt. Same CS just nerfed for idiots. GUI is all over the place. Buy menu is from the original XBOX Counter Strike, which was worse than this game. Don't know why Valve took ANY ideas from a CONSOLE game that was a complete failure. But for $15, AS IT RIGHTFULLY SHOULD BE, it's not a bad deal. Expand
  40. Sep 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My thoughts on this game.

Worst Counter-Strike to date. Why?

Much more of an 'uncontrollable' recoil. The old recoil was just great, no need to change it whatsoever.

Aiming doesn't at all feel as smoothly as before. Feels really 'console-ish'. I don't know how to explain it in any other way.

When moving around, it feels like your 'floating'.

Some weapons sounds weaker than before especially the AK-47 and AWP. They definately sounds too weak. In Source and 1.6 they sounds stronger.

Added special effects... If I want special effects and a realistic game I go play Battlefield 3 anyway. For Counter-Strike? No thanks.

Pretty much higher system requirements in comparison to CS: Source while they both run on the same game engine (Source). *Full game* was really just released as a BETA. Not even worth its current price tag.

The only good thing I can think of is the simple accessibility of game modes, but this is not enough for getting 1 point on my grade. Since I put much more weight on the gameplay itself. The map updates is allright, but not for the better...

Grade: 0/10 Conclusion: A truly horrible game. That is unfortunately really overated. I guess because it has 'Counter-Strike' in its name...
  41. Nov 4, 2012
    With the competitive matchmaking system not working for me I found the game to be very boring.
    Good thing I tried it on the free to play weekend so I did not pay any money for it.
  42. Sep 20, 2012
    I have played 1.6 and css for years and i can say this is the best Counter strike ever made. They added some new weapons grenades and models and tickrate is now 128. And this is only 14 euro! Thanks Valve!
  43. Sep 28, 2012
    Definitely the weakest counter-strike game i've ever played. The movement is weak and frustrating at some points. The maps are bland and uninspired. The guns don't feel much different from one another besides the fact that a few of them are downright broken.

After playing this game for 5 hours i have absolutely no desire to revisit it again at any point in time.

If you want to play a
    counter-strike game i recommend just playing source. Expand
  44. Sep 29, 2012
    First of all, the only people doing negative scores is boys at age 12-15 that doesn't want to grow up from CS 1.6. Myself, I've played since 2003 and I think CS:GO is a really good game. I wasn't a fan of the graphics at first, nor the recoil and such - But after a few moments of playing it's just fine.

As I said; It's only kids downgrading this game. Be open to changes, is all I have
    to say. CS have been out there for 12 years and nothing have really changed. It was basically the same game from beta to 1.6 which sponsors don't like. Why CS 1.6 are dying is because of less and less sponsors actually give something to the scene, and why? Well because of the game being OLD and UGLY and so 2000.

Grow some f'ing balls and start playing CS:GO. It's the players making how popular a game is going to be.
  45. Oct 2, 2012
    Definitely a Counter-Strike game without a doubt! Any true Counter-Strike fan will know that this is just much more than a rehashed Counter-Strike: Source with better graphics. The entire game feels incredibly fresh despite its age old formula. The graphics are definitely a major factor as well to take into consideration; the game looks fantastic! And is also incredibly well optimized for PC's [Gee, I wonder why.]
    I also must say a major point for this game to me personally was the vastly improved weapon sounds that completely obliterate the competition games. These sounds are incredibly realistic and so satisfying to hear! Overall, the game is fantastic, and is a MUST for any Counter-Strike fan. The new controller centered GUI for weapons buying may put you off slightly, but you'll get used to it pretty fast!

Buy it!
  46. Nov 2, 2012
    Downloaded this game over the Steam free weekend, played two games, and instantly uninstalled it. Reasons why include: 1) Hit-marker disappeared 2) CoD bias (at least I'm honest) 3) Not as fun as CoD4 4) To many hackers in FPS but at least admins on CoD4 can kick and perm ban them (personal Steam dislike; Valve anti-cheat never works and that's a proven fact; Yes even after updates!) 4) There are F2P alternatives. Expand
  47. Nov 2, 2012
    Wow! Just played the free weekend and have never been more disappointed in my life. The main upgrade we were promised was graphics but most of the textures and models have simply been reused; the cans sitting in the trash can, the computers and keyboards in Office, etc. Not only is a lot reused but the graphics actually look worse in a lot of cases. The game seems to have nerfed bullet damage and made precise aiming impossible. I came away with that same gross taste I get in my mouth after playing CoD. Many maps have been removed from the game including Assault and the physics appear to be gone completely. The character models often appear too similar making it difficult to tell friend from foe. The new weapon additions are just plain weird and don't fit in the CS world, personally the shield made more sense than a molotov **** I do appreciate it is priced low but why pay $15 for a worse experience? Expand
  48. Apr 8, 2013
    Ok this game is truly an AMAZING game. I found the graphics quite nice for a counter strike game. The price of this game is amazing for the content it has. The game isn't a very noob friendly game, but definitely easier to play than the past counter strike games. There aren't any hackers as far as I know thanks to Valve’s VAC Filter. Here’s a tip, if you’re new to Counter Strike I recommend playing offline with some bots to train and then try to play with real players. Overall this game is very well made and fun, I highly recommend buying it. Expand
  49. Oct 9, 2012
    Awesome, i would suggest this game for those who love classic FPS, hope Valve can make a story out of it. CS with Police/Terrorist story mode, must be exciting. For those downgrading this game, please wake up boys.
  50. Oct 9, 2012
    A fun new spin on an old classic, revamped graphics, hit registry and weapons at such a low price really does make it a must for any counter strike veteran and non counter strike veteran alike.
  51. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is so much fun, the series was great and still is. Looking forward for the next release and it is very well priced as well. very well done developpers and thank you
  52. Nov 11, 2012
    A different view to the CS series.Fast-paced gameplay ensures more fun,new mods that are never introduced in the previous games,improved graphics.In short its a worthy and fun addition to the legendary CS series.
  53. Dec 13, 2012
    Same as CS:S but with new graphics. There might be more changes under the hood but they aren't noticeable to me after hours of playing it. If you haven't played any Counter-Strike before then pick this up. Otherwise stick with what you have already because this is just consolified CS:S.
  54. Nov 3, 2012
    This game is a carbon copy of Call of Duty. It was unrewarding. All I saw in the game chat was a bunch of mild-mannered insults, like "Suck it b***h" and "Go play somewhere else." The gameplay was unbalanced, you would join in the middle of games that are in progress and be at a severe disadvantage. It's actually less fun than Call of Duty.
  55. Nov 1, 2012
    After reading Pingman's review, i felt like i had to review this game. If you are comparing this game to Call of Duty, i suggest you leave because the games are nothing alike. Counter Strike Global Offensive is a new and improved version of the classic competitive FPS, and valve knows its only a facelift which is why they only charge 14.99 for it. Which is not what i can say for Call of Duty, the 3-4 games with a different campaign, yet they charge 59.99? If you are a old CS player, having the original, 1.6 and source, then get this game, if you are a first timer to CS, give it a try. Its a blend of how competitive FPS should be like and the nostalgic feeling of an original game from the past. Oh guess what, the updates are free. And there are going to be alot of maps and modes coming out not to mention mods from the community. Expand
  56. Nov 1, 2012
    This game was absolutely terrible. The maps were to small and too linear, the guns were highly unbalanced, the only guns worth using were the AK and the most powerful sniper rifle. There was also really bad lag, and I don't know why, I had a ping of 40-50 in every game I played, and no matter how I put my settings I was getting about 15fps at any time. After playing this for about an hour, I don't understand why everyone goes crazy about this game, it was just a really generic very unbalanced shooter that only has one game type to play, and I don't see myself every buying this game, or even accepting it if it were gifted to me. Expand
  57. Nov 4, 2012
    Remark: I've played counter-strike since version 1.3 until 2010.

This game is not counter-strike - it's some attempt to lure COD4 fans and console gamers.

Graphics: Blur, Bloom, Dirty AWP scope all this bull...t is not possible to disable and makes aiming MUCH harder. I mean some games using this effects wise - like BF3 of COD, but in this game this is something out of place.

Maps: Totally remade with TONS of details. You can throw all your map knowledge to garbage. Also this walls you sweep before not penetrable now(or penetrable but not for most weapons).

Matchmaking and gamemodes: You have casual gamemode where you don't need to buy armor and map limited to 15 rounds, 50% friendlyfire. This mode is not an option for hardcore players as there's competitive. In competitive mode if you leave while game in progress you'll get 1 week of ban in any gamemodes except from those where you play with bots. Now imagine you _need_ to leave _this_ time. It happens, right? Forget about this game for a week! I'm NOT kidding. It means nothing for devs that you already payed them. Seriously - ban system is just sucks. Matchmaking also can take longer than 5 minutes.

Gameplay: Forget about everything you knew about counter-strike. Forget about shooting 10-15 bullets straight from sitting position at middle-close ranged enemy aiming in the head - you'll miss unless enemy is VERY close. You can't control even m4 recoil(I'm not saying about ak), don't even try, it's impossible. So maybe AWP is still good choice? Not at all. All that blur, bloom in addition to 'dirty' scope WITHOUT middle point makes it nearly impossible to play 'aggressive sniping'. AWP scope is not dirty blurring **** with straight 2 lines. You can still shoot 'no-scope' but what the point when even buy-menu looks like Christmas eve?

Summary: It's not counter-strike. I'm not giving them my money, and neither should you.
  58. Nov 5, 2012
    Very good game! 1-2 patch it may be necessary..

Team Speak 3 volume decreased during the game (all player) ...

Steam purchase / best buy

Thank You Valve! Keep it!
  59. Nov 26, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) développé par Valve en coopération avec le studio de Seattle: Hidden Path Entertainment.
    Après plus de 12 ans séparant la première version (CS Bêta 1.0 le 19 juin 1999). CS:GO est enfin là.

Malgré la réputation qu'Hidden Path Entertainement c'est donné d'avoir
    tué CSS, ils ont finalement fait la chose que des millions de joueurs attendaient :
    Un nouveau Counter-Strike.

CS: GO promet d'étendre la présence de Counter-Strike et sa jouabilité légendaire sur PC, sur Mac ainsi que sur les consoles de dernière génération.

Et c'est reparti pour 12 ans ^^ Que la force du Cut soit avec toi :) à suivre...
  60. Nov 12, 2012
    Never played the original. The game is exceptionally fun, but seems to have a lot of issues. First off, having a high ping seems to make the game exceptionally easier, which is unfair to other players. Next I haven't been able to get into the competitive matchmaking, huge shame there. Finally for a competitive title the leaderboard seems messed up. Not up to Valves typical quality.
  61. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is much more harder compared to source. I'm not quite sure about the graphical update. Still, it remains a true Counter Strike game, it's just not that important compared to 1.6 and Source.
  62. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Expand
  63. Nov 14, 2012
    This is a game of games. If you enjoy Counter Strike's award winning gameplay and tactics, You simply cannot miss this one. Being more modernized and balanced, this version of Counter Strike plays like no other CS. Being a Veteran of CS, this version accurately displays a more friendly game with it's quick match feature and new additions that make Counter Strike: Counter Strike. The game keeps true to it's quirky and different game style and play from other games and not surprisingly very fun. The game deems itself on one's and overall team's skill of using firearms, and requires the player to skillfully engage enemies with a sense of tactics. This game is WAY over its worth of only 15 USD, and should be notable for its overall touch ups and new gameplay of other CS games. Expand
  64. Nov 16, 2012
    I've played a lot of CS in my day, some of that time was even semi pro, anyway I picked this up looking to maybe rekindle that flame, sad to say I was disappointed. This is just the same old game, same old maps, the weapons dont have anything new or different going for them - in fact - they seem less fun to use. Theres a few new modes but nothing ground breaking. There's no reason why Valve should have charged money for this, this could have easyly been a patch. I played a few hours of it and havn't looked back since, if I ever had that CS itch again, i'd play source over this. Expand
  65. Sep 4, 2013
    While the game is fun and addicting, it seems way too different that CS: Source and CS 1.6, if you're going to play a CS game for the first time, go with CS: Source, then pick this up and compare.
  66. Nov 19, 2012
    Good game. Worth the money. Buy and join us. You will not regret. Super game. I recommend to all, excellent graphics, good physics, good graphics. Of course there are downsides. But they are not important, I put the game of 10 points out of 10. All cool.
  67. Nov 22, 2012
    CS:GO was a response to CS:S being outdated, but I don't see the work in the many years of development in this game. The graphics are absolutely astonishing, and so is the gameplay. However, I don't see any new mechanics that weren't in the old Counter Strike. A helicopter flying away for a couple seconds on de_dust means "new graphic visuals", I guess. The game isn't too re-playable either, I got rather bored of it within a couple weeks. There is a severe lack of maps, and most of the maps are graphic updates to maps we have had since 1.6. This game isn't going to change anyone 's minds; if you were a fan of CS in the first place, you will like it. If you are looking for something new, you won't find it. But besides the point, CS:GO updates the Counter Strike community and is well worth the money, just don't be surprised if you don't find too many changes. Expand
  68. Nov 21, 2012
    This absolutely is the BEST Counter-Strike, despite the predictable negative reactions from many 1.6 and Source fanatics and newcomers who understandably fail to see the greatness of CS. GO has more accurate bullet physics and hit detection than CS: Source, very nice new models and voices ("Flashbang out" makes more sense than "Fire in the Hole", duh) and the casual approach is only on the surface. This is hardcore CS as it should be and it's very, very nice.

Downside is the number of maps. And yes.. it lacks a silencer and flashlight, but it adds an incendiary grenade/molotov.
  69. Nov 29, 2012
    Congratulation, Valve is successful in producing a game which has better graphic, new weapons and some kind of convenience and that all exist in COD series or Battle Field. So, why we should waste our money to buy a game that has the same thing as the other game. Valve, you bring to us nothing except disappointment. We expect you bring something new in your game as you did with cs 1.6 in the past, a game that can change the whole world due to your brilliance, not a game with many parts from the other game. What we see in your game right now is a small part of COD, the other small part of CS 1.6, the other part belong to CSS... Therefore, the experiences we have from CSGO is 99% the same as what we experienced in other famous game. Finally, you gave us nothing more than a bunch of garbage, nothing's new, nothing's outstanding. Expand
  70. Nov 30, 2012
    Ok, guys. The game is better than I expected. Better graphic but the most important thing is the core gameplay is still remain the same. Bought at Steam worth $7! Definite must buy game...:)
  71. Dec 2, 2012
    tl;dr: CS:GO feels like 1.6, but looks pretty.

GO > 1.6 > 1.5 > CZ > A kick in the face > CSS

A few weapons have been added/removed, but the repertoire is very much intact. I question the removal of silencers (M4A1 and USP had them in 1.6) but no big thing. Same with the tactical shield from 1.6 which I thought was a lot of fun. Decoy grenades, and incendiaries, have been added. It
    is very fun to throw a decoy and watch people scatter or take cover, and the incendiary is an interesting addition; it creates a blanket of flames that lasts several seconds, to stand on it or walk through it generally kills you.

Knifing feels a little faster, both in terms of click-to-damage time, and cooldown on the backswing; although I haven't timed it or anything so it could just be a feeling/animation difference. In any case, knife duels still work much the same and the skills are transferable. There are two definitely negative things about GO in my opinion:
    - The buy menu is now a confusing wheel that looks like it should be in a console game.
    - The "Quick Join" feature, just list the servers and let people pick. Anyone considering buying should be aware that several of the reviews below are, in my mind, incredibly inaccurate to the point that I feel compelled to comment on them;

"No ironsights." - I think this means that the writer expected something like Mass Effect, where you can hold down right click with any weapon and zoom in a little. CS has scoped weapons for zooming, and you crouch or walk to increase accuracy. CS attempts to be realistic, and the average terrorist does not have telescopic eye-implants.

"There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle" - A short burst to the torso will reliably kill an enemy.

"Hit reg. It's terrible. Obvious hits will do zero damage at times"
    &
    "Forget about shooting 10-15 bullets straight from sitting position at middle-close ranged enemy aiming in the head - you'll miss unless enemy is VERY close."
    &
    "Just as bad as the old versions, with a hitbox that's just as inaccurate as them" - I have not found this to be the case, these people are probably just not very practiced at aiming, guns in CS have significant recoil and spread.

"You can't control even m4 recoil(I'm not saying about ak), don't even try, it's impossible."
    &
    "Much more of an 'uncontrollable' recoil." - Recoil is very much on par with all previous CS games.

"A considerable improvement would have been to remove extinct gameplay mechanics, such as "being dead", because what felt okay in 2000, doesn't make sense today anymore." - Part of the appeal of a competitive game is that if you fail, you are punished. If you succeed, you are not. If you were the first one to die, and it was an abnormally long round, you might be waiting as much as four minutes before respawning. In this time you can watch what other, non-dead players do, and try to learn from them.

"This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod" - Except for the guns, objectives, maps, look & feel, player base, factions, and name.

"No real way to compete with the best players." - except by improving your own performance.

"Lacks any kind of single player element or even objective goals. Sure there are hostages to rescue and bombs to plant but no one ever does that." - As this comment itself states, there are objectives to complete on each map. I have never encountered people consistently ignoring these goals.

"Tons of HDR, bloom and motion blur, only to hide graphics bugs / glitches and make you feel like something fresh new" - Lighting is realistic, there is no blinding bloom or anything. Motion blur is only when walking while looking through a scope, I assume in an attempt to reflect how difficult it would be in reality to run around with a sniper rifle held to your eye.

"When moving around, it feels like your 'floating'" - Walking feels much the same as all previous CS games.

"the guns were highly unbalanced, the only guns worth using were the AK and the most powerful sniper rifle." - simply not true; there is a hierarchy of gun strength that correlates to the co$t, but almost every gun has a niche in which it would consistently outperform any other. "no matter how I put my settings I was getting about 15fps at any time." - get a better computer

"Maps: Totally remade with TONS of details. You can throw all your map knowledge to garbage" - I had no trouble instantly identifying every ported map. There are a few minor changes to some (eg; stairs leading from under the dust_2 bridge up onto it) but I am yet to find any which bother me.

"Also this walls you sweep before not penetrable now(or penetrable but not for most weapons)." - In 1.5/6 most guns could penetrate any surface, even blocks of concrete 10m thick; in GO, you can only shoot through softer materials such as wooden crates or doors
  72. Feb 11, 2013
    I've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly fee of $15 (cheaper than css) free dlc it is worth the money. Expand
  73. Dec 10, 2012
    A wonderful mix of both 1.6 and Source. If you liked either of those games or if you're looking for a more advanced, team-based shooter, this could(should) be it.

The only reason this game receives a 9.5 and not a 10 from me (rounded up on the metacritic scale) is because they released it too early with too many little features that make CS so loveable omitted. (tagging, flashlight,
    silencer etc)

After 300 hours of this (including beta), CS:GO has still not lost its charm on me. Weather I feel like playing GunGame, pubbing, some obscure mod, or playing competitively, this game always has something for you to do.

This game offers a really awesome competitive matchmaking system. You will sometimes get matched with baddies, but other than that, its a really cool way to introduce people to the competitive side of CS. It generally works well and it is primarily what I play. It is also nice to not have to pay for ESEA if you want to play semi-competitively. Once you increase your rank a bit, you will often be matched with like-minded people who want to win and will carry out strategies and be generally vocal in-game.

Mind the hate this game receives from 1.6 and Source players who can't fathom moving onto a new game. They have some sort of hard-on for disliking CS:GO without any legitimate reasoning to back it up. It's a great game and I would highly recommend it for both casual and competitive players.

9.5/10
  74. Dec 16, 2012
    Graphics: Not the best but it was certainly a decent improvement over the soft textures of CS:S
    Gameplay: Familiar but never old, I thought it was worth bringing back the oldies. This game in itself does require more skill to actually use weapons (which some players often complain about for iconic weapons) but I like how they made an attempt to refresh everything and then provide some
    new default modes and the ability for community game modes as well.
    Replay-ability: Much like the predecessors, it provides a good length of fun team based game play and a competitive challenge in comparison to FPS shooters like Call of Duty (which is prey, spray, run around, heal, killstreak reward, kill without skill, repeat). In Counter Strike, you HAVE to put effort in killing even a single player, not too much, but a good amount for the average player and more to take down the more experienced players. This is also worth it's money because would you rather pay about $50 for a game that really doesn't make any true attempt to add anything or $15 for a game that may be small, but is even considerably replayable? This game may not be a huge step up from its preceding titles, but it certainly expands on them, even by a little bit. It uses an old engine but the engine is fairly adaptive and used differently for other games.
    Other personal opinions: It's sad to see that some people give some negative reviews of this game. If we compare both CS:S and CS:GO, you'd more likely stick with GO than S because CS:S was a complete rehash of CS:1.6 with the simplification of using the weapons in game. You can spray players with little effort. In CS:GO it attempts to go back to its routes in order to make the game more competitive and not as simple as CS:S, recoil is higher and requires more control, but still slightly more tolerable than CS:1.6.
    Overall: I believe people should appreciate this game in the least. It tries to bring back good memories of how I used to play Counter Strike in my younger days. Maps are too small, but think about it, that's the principle of Counter Strike games, CQC and medium range engagements. Players would be better off using weapons up close but aren't limited to longer ranges when they've mastered even the weakest of weapons. It is also more realistic that Call of Duty as hipfiring is inexplicably terrible if you just spray all rounds. In Call of Duty, whatever is in your crosshair will be hit and killed if they don't shoot back while in CS, you're going to miss after the first few shots unless you control your aim and fire. Give the game a try, and if you still don't love or like it, at least appreciate it.
  75. Dec 17, 2012
    If you are hardcore 1.6 or hardcore CS:S, then just stay with your game and don't come complaining in the CS:GO servers. CS:GO is counter-strike. Just like how 1.6 and CS:S are a little different, CS:GO is a little different too. From CS:S, CS:GO wasn't hard for me to adjust to. Unlike in CS:S, there aren't those "noob" labels on guns. The AWP is more fair, the machines guns are just a blast (instead of getting angry on death, you sort of laugh) and the auto-shotty and auto-sniper are more "morally" acceptable as powerful weapons. I can have a lot of fun playing, in the same way I had fun in CS:S. Expand
  76. Dec 20, 2012
    400 hours in and I am still addicted to both the casual and competive side of play. As a long time CS player I'm really enjoying GO and see it as the best CS to date. Vets of the series might have a few complaints about the recoil on some of the weapons and overall lack of innovation, which I agree with to a point. CS:GO needs to be played with a clean slate, despite the familiar maps. A big shake up of the guns and their recoil paths, matchmaking and extra game mods are in my opinion, a welcome addition.

With such a small price tag, CS:GO is a must have. A steam sale is now on and with Christmas just around the corner, why not stock up on a few copies and gift them to friends. I guarentee that good times are to be had with CS:GO.
  77. Mar 16, 2013
    Overall a really good game, played it a lot and even got 3 buddy's that normally doesn't play FPS to like it.. But old fashion games that still prefer 1.5/.1.6 may think its been too smooth ad pretty..
  78. Jan 4, 2013
    This review is for those who have not played, or do not care, about the previous Counter-Strike titles and simply want a shooter to play. Counter-Strike is a very engaging and computer-friendly game for both FPS newbies and veterans alike. It aspires to create a style of gameplay for everyone through a concise means - those wanting to get right into the thick of things can dive into Arms Race, where you progress through a chain of different weapons from killing enemies, instantly respawning if you get shot down yourself, maximising your play time. Those wanting to take a more tactical approach to their shooter can play the classic mode, where being killed keeps you dead until the next round, and the goal of the match ranges from killing everyone on the opposing team to rescuing/protecting a band of hostages to ensuring the fate of a planted bomb. It's pretty straightforward, but it's everything it says on the tin. Graphics-wise, I think it's done a great job, with the particle effects of blood and gun residue managed well but lacking that bit of "wow" factor. The only music in the game is in the menu (aside from a few jingles in-game signifying deaths) and that alone riles you up for your next match. The enormous multitude of achievements and desire to get better creates a remarkable value for replay - then again, any multiplayer online game you can get a lot of time out of. I think the only downside to this game is that being on the PC you can't bring a friend over to do splitscreen - the XBox version is where you want to go for that. In conclusion, this is a brilliant FPS that drops you right into the action in a comfortable yet exhilarating game environment. I've loved every second of it. Expand
  79. Dec 27, 2012
    cs 1.6 > cs go > cs 1.3 > cs cz > cs 1.0> css
    cs go is the best game u can get for 14eus
    excellent graphics for all pc with lower hardware, fun gameplay/team gameplay, a ranking system , a few more guns and keep is real to the old basics maps aiming sounds etc ,thats what i love about cs , defiantly worth the 14
  80. Jan 17, 2013
    Pelo tempo que demorou a lançar... e a falta de inovação... a note deveria ser até menor. Decepcionado, o Source sem mostra bem melhor.
  81. Jan 1, 2013
    This game is amazing like counter strike 1.6 but with new strategies ,weapons,a recoil more realistic, and good graphics. The change from cs 1.6 to gobal ofenssive is very hard but when you understand the game ,is amazing.
  82. Jan 2, 2013
    Feels very good. Good Movement, good weapon-behavior. I played 1.6 a little bit, never played source. I was more into fast-paced action, like Tactical Ops.
    The thing that was always **** in CS was that your movement was horrible, it felt like coordinating a piece of concrete or a sack of potatos.
    Now its perfect, really cheap price and cool gamemodes(Gungame ftw!)
  83. May 18, 2013
    Amazing game, major improvements and a lot of fun. But...also a lot of getting use to. People new to CS may have difficulties in trying to get better at the game. But that was me. And as time went on, i got use to it and played it on a regular basis. I've already put over 300 hours into it which is highly worth my time. Combat is a major improvement from CS Source, it is more smooth and flexible with it's own new guns and equipment. When you play this game, you will need to communicate with you team, work together and stick together in order to beat the other team. You will feel really good when you get a kill, and win a game. But this game can diffidently induce some rage into players. Playing with friends never felt better as it enhances your experience and makes the game stand out of what it was truly made to be. Over time this game can get boring as your doing the same thing over and over again. But i still think it is worth a try even if you are not a CS fan. Expand
  84. Jan 6, 2013
    Beautiful graphics is advantage and disadvantage in this game. It's hard to see anything if it's far.
    Second thing is shooting. Trying to hit enemy is for me too hard because when u shoot the camera vibrate and i can't focus on what's happening. Maybe because i played too much cs 1.6 and css but it still is annoying and can't be turned off.
    There is some new weapons. some of them
    usefull, some not, but new grenates are awesome. I still like previous versions more than this one. Expand
  85. Jan 9, 2013
    Been playing cs since 1.5. Definitely not a reskin like others say. Getting headshots feels rewarding, unlike source did. Hitbox detection is great, recoil feels good, implementation of GunGame. I'm quite impressed as i thought it was going to be another **** source wannabe game.
  86. Jan 13, 2013
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a new, good CS. This is new successor of CS 1.6. This is not source, this is good old CS 1.6 in new graphics. My rating -> 10/10
  87. Jan 16, 2013
    This is the worst CS to date. Hackers in nearly every competitive match once you get to 2AK + in ranking. The game is also awful in terms of coding optimization and has numerous glitches.

3/10, but I will vote it 1/10, as it's rating has been grossly inflated by users who must be getting paid by Valve.
  88. Jan 21, 2013
    Valve aimed to improve on the CS series with this game and they did just that. Small tweaks add improvements and slight alterations to map designs fix what were uneven maps. This game as not advertised as a brand new game. It stays true to the feel and style of the previous titles. Since release, changes have continued as the dev team listens to the gamers and makes things even better. One fault currently is the lack of official maps, but these may be added in the future. Plus, the graphics look great. If your a fan of the CS games, you will enjoy GO. If you're not, give this game a shot and see if it's your type of play. They also added in different match making and play types including competitive play. These matches add another level of skill to the game and allow better organized clan play. Expand
  89. Jan 22, 2013
    Counter strike global offensive is awesome, great gameplay, looks great, and the community overall isn't too bad.. Atleast not as bad as i'd expect from an FPS game. The only reason my score will be 9 instead of 10 is the lack of new maps, for the competitive gamemode. The competitive game mode is amazing tho, just make sure you play with your friends, chances are high that your teammates will 100% focus on fragging, and not give a f-ck about the objective. Expand
  90. Jan 27, 2013
    Best game in a line of Counter Strike, a mixture of the two most popular online shooter in a wonderful game. Graphics by excerpts 2012 fine. I hope this game players are connected both games Counter Strike: Source and Counter Strike 1.6
  91. Dec 28, 2013
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is at this mechanics so perfect. Expand
  92. Jul 17, 2013
    There is a reason this game is cheaper than Counter-Strike: Source on Steam; It's worse. The graphics have been "upgraded" a lot from CSS, but it doesn't really look better. Player models are harder to distinguish, but they are larger. Less fun and less skilled than CSS
  93. Feb 9, 2013
    I play Counter Strike since 2000. I have played all from the BETA to 1.6 CZ Source And A short time GO.

Go has the graphics but not the gameplay or the fun that CS 1,6 Source has.

For instance the Guns NO USP NO SILENCER FOR M4 and Molotov Fake grenade what a JOKE ).

Sorry but CS 1.6 CS:CZ CS:S CS:GO
  94. Feb 11, 2013
    An excellent rehash of CS:S with non-essential, but pleasant, updates to textures and skins. The game feels like a CS game and doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. Don't go into it thinking you're going to play being playing a Valve COD or Battlefield FPS. The simple game play mechanics and bare bones options of CS:S are what you will get here. People expect way too much for a $15 game. Definitely worth the cash, even better if you can get it on sale! Expand
  95. Feb 13, 2013
    I made some tests: target is 3 meters away, I aim at its head with an M4, completely static. Three separated shots (no spraying). NONE OF THEM HIT!!! Not even talking about the "nerfed" Deagle. If CS:S was a betrayal to the the 1.6 community, CS:GO is an insult. Worst purchase on steam to date.
  96. Feb 6, 2014
    Better graphics and that's it, every week they update-it, now it has been over one year and a half, and they still haven't finished with the updates. Same bugs as in Source, even new ones, but in the end it's not made by Valve, Valve only came with the engine, it's Hidden Path, the ones who screwed Counter-Strike: Source, in the first place.
  97. Feb 14, 2013
    It's nothing more than an HD improved version of CSS. There isn't really nothing new except two new modes and better graphics. The price is cheap, but I don't suggest you buying it if you aren't much of a Counter Strike fan.
  98. Feb 16, 2013
    The gameplay is, of course, CS-style yet it's quite different from both 1.6 and CSS which is not necessarily a bad thing. I see a lot of people complaining because it doesn't have the 1.6 feeling but that is fine in my opinion, I feel that every CS game is good and potentially competitive in its own way. If you're looking for something more "serious" than your average no-brain modern shooter then this game is for you. Expand
  99. Feb 16, 2013
    HOLY S**T Valve have sold us the same game again with the same maps for yes a THIRD TIME!!!!! YAY f*** me these robbin b******s. What people epically seem to be missing "best counter strike yet"?????? ITS THE SAME COUNTERSTRIKE same maps just updated graphics at least the theives over in CoDLand give you new maps when they sell you the same game. Very very very sadly disappointed with this. Anyone whos still playing CS needs to move on and go and buy BF3 or Planetside 2 (Which is FREE!!!!) Expand
  100. Feb 21, 2013
    I'm going to preface this by saying this is an online only game. You can play offline with bots but if you buy the game you are buying it for multiplayer, more specifically competitive. At first it is impossibly hard as you are playing against people who are experienced mostly. Once you start getting kills you will feel elated. I got to nova rank and then they updated the matchmaking. Winning a game suddenly deranked you. I've put over 300 hrs into the game. And the grief outweighs any rush you will ever experience playing the game. All of this I can still handle because if you find a team of players, its exponentially better. The reason I'm giving this game the abysmal review that it doesn't deserve is because of the community. This game is incredibly easy to hack. In fact, as of late, the hacking has become of epidemic proportions. I cant go more than 2 matches without encountering someone using wall hacks. Aim bots are turned on occasionally, but the real problem is the wall hacks. If someone is preaiming and you are in an unknown position and they get a first shot headshot through the corner of a wall, they are hacking. Reporting does nothing. I've seen no reaction from Valve. They are silent on the issue. The sad thing about this is the game, in its own right, is addictive fun. But Valve is taking a vow of silence on this, never once directly addressing the community on this issue. If you play this game already, start hacking because everyone else is or inevitably will through frustration. If you are on a mac, you're screwed. The nail in the coffin is, again, the community. THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION! Every single match has someone with an offensive expletive in their name and at least two players begin spamming the voice and text chat with abusive commentary. Homophobia, sexism, textbook misogynists, racism, elitism, even abusing people on disability is commonplace. Final verdict: the game mechanics are fun It is traumatic to play Expand

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]