7.8

1. Aug 28, 2014
    A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite). The graphics are really good and don't strain your PC even on a low level gaming rig. The game is worth its $15 asking price, and seeing as how Valve constantly updates the game, its value surpasses the price. You'll find yourself being stuck in the addicting grind to get better weapon skins and to complete challenge missions to unlock more skins. I'd recommend for FPS fans who play on the PC and who are looking for a good competitive game. Expand
  2. Aug 23, 2014
    What is there to say? This is the old, addictive multiplayer game remade in high quality visuals. New modes such as arms race and demolition are a fun addition to the game. New weapons such as the PP-Bizon, MAG-7 and incendiary grenades are fun to use - and offers much more deeper thought of strategy. Even now, CS(CS:GO) remains fun and addictive as a game where players can simply "jump in for a quick funtime" with bots or friends in a LAN or over the Internet. This is far more better than playing COD clones. Expand
  3. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game that is updated regularly with new weapon skins and new maps, there has been a major upgrade a while ago that introduces lots of map that are new to CS:GO. It's also famous for competition and watching tournaments.
  4. Aug 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr than cod Expand
  5. Aug 16, 2014
    I found this game very lack lustre, I just felt like it was missing something, maybe some kind of other game mode. In general I got bored of this game quite quickly and found the gameplay a bit too out dated
  6. Aug 15, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. The gameplay is great and it controls great! not ever have I had a death in this game that felt unfair to me as when i play COD i eather die from some hidden attack or something. Gun Game is the most fun I had in a long time. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the most fresh counter strike game there is, go buy it now its only about $15. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gets a 8/10 Expand
  7. Aug 13, 2014
    I played since CS 1.6 and this Game is a Huge improvement.
    Better Graphics better Sound, Better Hostage System, better Weapon Balance and finally a good Hitbox.
    And some new Game modes that are Fun too
  8. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game. I lost (and i will) many hours in that game. Great graphics, beautiful new weapon skins with the old and good mechanic of counter strike series.
  9. Aug 8, 2014
    Global Offensive is not the original Counter-Strike, and although it's not that great, it's still good. Added some new game modes, changes the guns, added new features,... but keeps the core of its predecessor, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is some remarkable title in these days, when "Call of Duty" style shooter games rule the world.
  10. Aug 8, 2014
    Nova versão bastante melhorada. Gostei bastante. Só acho que falta uma campanha para jogar solo e os times possuírem mais integrantes, achei pouco apenas com 5 pessoas (muita influência de dota 2).

Nota: 8/10
  11. Jul 25, 2014
    Отличная игра,так же и в разделе киберспорт.Это,как говорил 400кг,отличная замена 1.6.Всё просто великолепно,добавили соревновательный режим.Почему же 7?Потому что в игре просто ужасная система банов в соревновательном режиме.Вас могут забанить на 7 дней даже за то,что вас часто кикали!Или если вы будете часто попадать по своим,то есть вы можете вообще случайно убить своего,и всё,7 дней бана!А так игра хорошая. Expand
  12. Jul 20, 2014
    I picked up counter strike go in the steam summer sale because I had a couple of friends that played it. I'm kind of new at pc shooters so I was kid of skeptical about getting it but I did anyway. I played some team deathmatch and it seemed kind of hectic so I decided to play casual for once by myself. Well that turned out to be a mistake because I got kicked once I had one bad round, which was in only my second match and like I said before I am new to pc shooters. I would have given this game a lot higher of a score if it weren't for me being kicked for pretty much being new to the game. It's not fair to new players and how exactly am I to learn how to play if I'm just going to get kicked while learning? They should fix the broken kicking system but for now I am giving the game a 0 just for that reason because it is unplayable to me. Expand
  13. Jul 19, 2014
    One of the most, advanced and most pristine army games I have played, from its precision shooting, to its ridiculous amount of difficulty (what I mean here, is that you will die a lot more than any other army games I have played) and all the maps or most of them remind me of CS Source
  14. Jul 18, 2014
    Sans doute un des fps incontournable sur pc . Même si la physique des balle est assez bizarre . Un système de marché est dispo sur steam pour personnalisé nos armes . Si vous aimé les fps arcade : vous aller vous régaler .
  15. Jul 15, 2014
    Tactical round-based FPS shooter. As a true fan and player of Counter-Strike 1.6 (3,534 hrs on steam record+LAN) I was a bit skeptical about my decision to move on GO, but I think I'm getting into it.
  16. Jul 9, 2014
    Counter Strike Global Offensive es un shooter que de verdad ah superado las expectativas en todos los sentidos, ah brindado una muy buena interacción de usuario y personaje, muy bien logrados los mapas antiguos y clásicos mezclados con la nueva esencia gráfica de este increíble juego y el diseño de las armas mas que espectacular, sobre todo las armas que incluyen mensualmente en la workshop actualmente. Un juego altamente recomendable por la gran cantidad de horas que tiene para ofrecerte. Un juego que de verdad mantiene esa esencia que todos disfrutabamos del 1.6 aún mejorada para que podamos pegarnos vicios largos de tardes o noches sin pensar en nada mas que matar, la verdad espectacular 9/10

Detalles extra: Me encantaron algunos detalles que han implementado que me sorprendieron bastante como el efecto de Zoom-in del Awp o de la Aug / SG. Muy bien logrado.
  17. Jul 6, 2014
    The game has the ability to be great, but the problem is its community. No matter how hard you try, no matter how good you are, you are going to get **** This is a teamwork based game, of 5 vs 5, yet over 80% of your games will NOT have 10 players. You will constantly find people who are there just to make you lose on purpose. As it is now, it's a piece of **** game which will only give you frustration and desperation.

Stay away from it if you don't want to get any heart disease.
  18. Jul 3, 2014
    I've played cs since 2002 and I must say this is the worst cs I've ever played. Things such as hit detection and anti-cheat valve should have industry standard for but they don't. They have taken out as many if not more features than they have added. They put in things into the game such as weapons skins to pray on the human impulse to buy "shiny rare" garbage. Competitive Match making could have been in cs years ago and its riddled with cheaters, Literally people are paranoid in every match of cheating that they had to create a community watch program to search for cheaters. Pub match making will throw you into a game with 1 person a 30 bots on a random map that no one plays. I could go on about level design, ETC but ill just say this, Putting a little studio like Hidden Path Entertainment to create one of your flagship franchises really shows incompetence. Expand
  19. Jul 2, 2014
    minus the chatter boxes and nerd ragers, CS:GO brings competitive CS to the masses.

Game play is supreme, dynamic gun fights encounters galore!

Great job development team in bringing the popular custom maps and integrating them into something easily consumable.
  20. Jun 29, 2014
    This beats COD any day. Thank you Gabe and everyone at Valve. You guys have probably made one of the (if not the best) FPS of 2011... and 2012... and 2013... and 2014... You know, this could be the FPS of the decade.
  21. Jun 26, 2014
    Кому не нравится игра-вылейте себе бочку кислоты на голову!Игра супер!Стрельба крутая,звуки крутые,карты крутые,всё крутое!
  22. Jun 25, 2014
    Great game. It was a little rough around the edges when it came out a few years ago but not it's playing great. Competitive mode is where the fun. If that isn't for you there are other game modes. Also, there is a strong community base. There are thousands of custom maps and dozens of other game modes to play. For 15 dollars I've had way more fun playing CS Go than Battlefield 3 or 4.
  23. Jun 23, 2014
    Community of this game is so toxic that no one should buy it ever. This game is filled with cheaters so much that only way you can win is to have cheater in your team.
  24. Jun 21, 2014
    Nice game! Buy all! Very good gameplay, matchmaking and skins!
  25. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing I'v played cs 1.6 for 6 years cs:s for 1 year and cs:go bout 1 year and I quited cs 1.6 bcus of cs:go :) this game is jsut amazing I cant stop plaing it bcus tis fun there is comeptetive and skins u cna trade open cases ant othe rfun stuf os I recomend everybody buing it :)))

-SDC OUT
    Peace!
  26. Jun 5, 2014
    Overall a lot of fun- BUT so many bugs! Mouse disappearing, crosshair disappearing, crashing of the game, etc. It is a bit ridiculous. I expected a game with such high ratings to be more stable than this............
  27. Jun 4, 2014
    10/10 ruined my life, but there is some wall hackers and aimbotting. but the overwatch system takes most of them out.
    and for the price of 11 euro. it's awesome
  28. Jun 3, 2014
    Counter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and gives the adrenaline that every game should give, especially talking about fpses. I'm enjoying this game and always will. thanks counterstrike for keeping alive esports despites League of Legends and CoD **** alike. Expand
  29. Jun 2, 2014
    This game is good but it has some problems.,That VAC system is useless..Sometimes in competitive i play with retards that are cheating and peoples ranks are going down..In rest the game is good but never perfect.
  30. May 28, 2014
    To be totally honest, i thought this game would be amazing but, after spending a few hours playing, my mind quickly changed. The game is full of hackers but what really pissed me off was that the guns were totally unbalanced. I was getting killed faster by a crap pistol then an LMG in Close Quarters. Also, the game only registered about a third of the bullets i would shoot. Just my opinion but not worth the money at all Expand
  31. May 28, 2014
    Gameplay is painfully tedious, extremely outdated visuals, lack of content. Overall a mediocre game.
    .................................................
  32. May 28, 2014
    will not stop playing this until I make it to global elite.

too bad that's never gonna happen.
    Awesome game, love dust, but my baby from source, Assault, has been changed too much and therefore I must deduct one mark from 10
  33. May 27, 2014
    this game is a hackfest. every single game i've played as LEM had hackers in it. the worst games are when they are losing and say "obvious hacks gonna show you what's up /r/antiboost" and then proceed to disconnect, reconnect, and turn on their aimbots. normally, I would just say hacking is a difficult problem with every fps, but csgo competitive is pretty much composed of mostly hackers at the higher ranks. not much is being done to control them.

Other aspects of the game can be good, but for a competitive player like me I'll just stick with the good old 1.6
  34. May 24, 2014
    When it came out it was full of bugs and simple.
    Everyday I'd get here with an update to download, and each update the game would go better.
    Awesome gameplay, servers, badges, etc.

Recommended for sure! Addiction guaranteed! (mostly on competitive matches!)
  35. May 17, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and play quietly for hours! Expand
  36. May 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Expand
  37. Apr 30, 2014
    CSgo Hacks for free here: http://bit.ly/PM2kJI

It's undetectable by VAC and it's updated regularly. It has aimbot, wallhack, it shows health , distance, everything you need to become global elite.
  38. Apr 27, 2014
    In my opinion an overrated fps that doesn't bring anything new to the genre and is not particularly better than other similar games. The gameplay in general can be fun, but maybe not enough to make true lovers of the fps genre stay for more than 30 hours (cult fans coming from CS:Source might play for the rest of their lives though), the UI is simple and sufficient, the maps are good enough and it's very easy to find a room to play.
    My biggest complain about this game is the lack of consistency of it's weapons. I know not all games are supposed to feel realistic but when grenades only have a 2m damage radius, ak-47 shoots like m416 and snipers can be shot as easily as shooting a pistol, I just get thrown off.
  39. Apr 26, 2014
    This is pure and classic counter-strike formula, updated for more modern gaming. Its worth picking up if you are a CS fan or enjoy multiplayer FPS games. Plus you can get it on sale for really cheap if you're patient enough.
  40. Apr 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While this is a fun and competitive game, it lacks something, it may be the lack of change from the last counter strike (source), I mean yeah they added a new interface and a few modes and maps, but in my opinion it would have been refreshing to get a little bit more content. you can argue with me because the price is low, but to me, as a fan of valve and it's games I would appreciate a few more official modes and maps.
    The DLC might be great, but I'm sick of paying for a game that is not complete.
    That's the bad news.
    The good news are that the game preserves it's good old fashion gameplay style, the graphics have improved and are a treat to look at, and the game works smoothly most of the time.
    Also I like the fact that each map has a different kind of characters as for the CT and the T.
    The new hostage rescuing system is fantastic, I like it better and I think it's something they thought about.
    As usual valve have succeed in giving the opportunity to add mods and additional maps and weapons to the game, which is great.
    I would give this game a bit more than 8 but less than 9 because it is not complete in my opinion.
    Still, I think it's a game every casual gamer should get, specially as a fan of valve and counter strike. I've played since the first Counter Strike (when it was a mod) and I'm still enjoying each "upgrade".
  41. Apr 24, 2014
    CS:GO offers the addictive and tense gameplay all Counter-Strike players know and love. With amazing weapon feel, great graphics for the dated Source engine, great maps, and a good community to play with even for beginners, CS:GO is a must buy for competitive FPS players.
  42. Apr 24, 2014
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY THIS GAME, DO NOT!!!

This game is a broken mess. Graphics look outdated for 2012, sounds are so terrible I want to puke. All weapons are boring and feel the same. Also they want you to pay for maps that were for free. All the good reviews are only because there are items like in TF2 but what is the point if the game doesn't play well. But the worst is the
    controls. THE F***ING BULLETS GO UP. In what game have you ever seen a bullet fly up? I tell in what: only this one. I wouldn't be p***ed off if they would go down, makes sense gravity, but up?! That just broke the game and doomed the whole Counter-Strike series. If you want a good multiplayer game buy original CS or CS:Source, just please not this one, it is not worth the money. Expand
  43. Apr 23, 2014
    I came into this game with very little expectation for its success, after playing years of CS from the days of 1.3 up until its final release of 1.6 at a competitive level. Its hard to convince someone like me that Counter-Strike could be re-released as a updated version of its predecessor. I feel like failed epicly with CS:Source, that game felt nothing like 1.6 actually it felt like a completely new game with similar version of maps. CS:Go is probably the closest game so far to bringing back to those days of the original 1.6 with a few perks that actually make it better in some aspects.

Gameplay: Standard fps that isn’t friendly to your run and gun style. It revolves some sort of skill and when you play competitive you will find that its not a forgiving game. It requires focus and team co-operation. This game is made for multiplayer as there is very little single player content. Matchmaking is where this game shines, no longer are players searching IRC and forums or leagues for a scrim or match. You are given a rank that does fairly well at placing you with evenly matched players. You will encounter hackers who will ultimately ruin your experience but if you can see past that the game is very well made.

Graphics: Up to date on today’s standards for computer graphic’s its nothing super special but it doesn't burn your eyes to play.

Replay Value: Considering its completely a multiplayer game and has a competitive (E-Sport) side to it. It comes down to how much you enjoy it, if you do you will find yourself going match after match trying to achieve higher ranks or you will log in from time after time to mess around on a public server. Either way replay value is extremely high.

Overall this game is a win, and if you are into the fps genre it is a must have. It will never replace 1.6 in the hearts of us old timers but it does justice to the name Counter-Strike.
  44. Apr 17, 2014
    One of those games that hit the nail on the head the first time around and as such doesn't need to do anything but improve its graphics over the years and still be the best multiplayer FPS on the market.

Added game modes are fun, add a bit of spice to the game, but Classic CS is what I came for, and that's where the game shines. "Deathmatch" has the spawn issues that plague CoD (because
    it's just an insta-spawn gibfest instead of a coordinated effort), Arsenal is fun, you have a lot of community maps to pull from as well but you don't get to play these on ranked.

And that's the game's only downfall as far as I can see. I feel like the ranked system should have a smaller map pool that changes every week, as it is if I select every map before queuing I keep getting thrown into Dust 2, because that was and still is the most favored CS map by the community. Would be nice if they did something to force people out of their comfort zones in competitive mode, to me that's the whole point.

Aside from that, still has dedicated servers for free, better hit detection and far fewer latency issues than modern titles that cost $60 and charge you for every map pack they release. The only reason I ever stop playing Valve games is because like everything else, I get eventually get bored and feel the need to try something new, but I always come back to Valve titles. They just do it so much better and give so much more value than everyone else in the industry, and this was even the case before they started earning that Steam money. If they ever flip the switch like Blizzard did, PC gaming will truly be dead.
  45. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is just terrible. What funny thing can you find there? Battlefield is good for graphic and battle with 64 players, Titanfall is interesting because of dynamic, Team Fortress 2 is great of his atmosphere, but there aren't any interesting in CS:Go
  46. Apr 1, 2014
    This is a great game, although when playing Casual in Defuse, just about everyone plays Dust 2, and that gets very annoying, I am very sick of this map now, but apart from that, a good game overall! Could have more modes (campaign where you could complete online with others? Like steam friends?)
  47. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is really really good. Would have given the game 10 but i hate the micro transactions. The game has earned so well that all the items should have been free. Otherwise, well balanced weapons. The AWP really feels like a proper high caliber gun because you hit the enemy on any part of the body, he is bound to die. The side arms are a major improvement as they don't feel weak anymore. Top notch weapon skins etc. One of the best multiplayer games i have ever played Expand
  48. Mar 25, 2014
    Just perfect a real Counter Strike game like 1.6 or CSS. Come back to real FPS in esport. Moreover this game is realy not expansive. He is the most epic FPS make by Valve and for esport: 250 000$ for dreamhack, 250 000$ for IEM... Just epic
  49. Mar 20, 2014
    Don't buy this game if your a CS veteran player. the *aiming* in this game is horrible for a FPS !
    The whole game feels badly made and the CS feeling is totally gone !

If you wish to play CS go play CS Source. !
  50. Mar 17, 2014
    It has just shocked me when I have seen the payable additionnal features as passes for 'special' missions.
    CS1.6 and Source seem much better. CS GO's weapon balance is not so good, too much difference with sit-position and running shoot accuracy.
    I have never seen any shield making the game more interesting and strategic, enemies killing faster than in CS-portable-web-version with
    cheating.
    Maps are poor, small and not challenging, you never need to look in all directions and be curefull to charge enemy ambush.
    If making a new better game Devs could at least put a map maker so everyone could easily make his own maps and a character's look customisation,
    but CS GO is just a version with another style, even detailled the graphics are not better, just different.
    This game is no more developped, there are tons of real upgrades that could be made by this far,
    Even a new medieval game could be done with the same concept, still no upgradable, worst or better stuff. It could include new ready-to-use new medieval-fantasy weapons and abilities giving similar dynamic, strategic,
    reactive coop battles, similar modes (an apocalyps artefact instead of bomb, just giving an idea), and making some new maps is almost no work...
    Even if Devs made one of the best game in the world, it was a long time ago and they are still on holidays,
    so for now I do NOT advise to buy ANY CS games. Better buy a new original game that is really worked on, and not made by copy&paste!!!
  51. Mar 16, 2014
    It's very competitive and also renovated in comparison with older versions, with very good gameplay.
    One thing I really love is the fact of don't need to have a huge computer power, but I think it can enhance graphics a bit for those people who have a better GPU.
  52. Mar 16, 2014
    гама достойна похвалы,с геймплейем всё было понятно,разрабы говорят мол ''стрельба приближенна к 1.6'' но нет,зажимать с калаша не получится,даже когда по одно пуле стреляешь, пуля летит на много выше вверхней лески(по которой я целился в 1.6) не советую покупать.Но если хочется протестить бери!
  53. Mar 15, 2014
    Best game in the franchise since CS 1.6. Same amazing team-based gameplay with some new guns, grenades, and much more. Valve is working very hard with the players on this one and it is the most constantly updated and worked on Counter-Strike game ever. In fact, Valve and Hidden Path were working with the CS community the whole time this game was being developed and they still are for updates.

With new "operations" players are able to spend a small amount of money to support community map makers and be able to play on those maps they work so hard on to make. In addition, recent updates such as the Arms Deal update allow players to have their own gun skins, apply stickers, and even name weapons.

As anyone who is new to the franchise, expect a difficult learning curve that is incredibly rewarding to overcome. Valve and Hidden Path are really outdoing themselves with this installment and I look forward to future updates.
  54. Mar 15, 2014
    I am a old 1.6 cs gamer. and i can honestly say, that i really like this take on it. still the best competetive FPS ever made in my opinion. And the scene is just getting bigger and bigger. One think to mention is the "new" Skin system, which in first i thought was a bit lame. but now i find myself sitting with crossed fingers, when opening skin cases (which you can get after matches, online, seems to be kinda random). well. Superb game i think Expand
  55. Mar 12, 2014
    Although the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is so ambitious, it cannot reach its succeed like the Counter-Strike.however, we can see Valve had put a lot of effort to make this game to be perfect.In addition, it is a good game.
  56. Mar 11, 2014
    This is the first Game in the Counter Strike Genre i have played.
    Playing alone in competetive is fun but has it's downsides, and thats why i would advise everyone to play with a couple of friends, or a team for that matter.
    and with a low price point at 10 € i have so far gotten 100 hours out of it and im sure i'll play it alot more!
  57. Mar 7, 2014
    Valve did it again!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is supposed to improve from it's older brothers Counter Strike(1.6), and Counter Strike: Source.

CS:GO has been my favorite game ever since I got it. I've flawlessly played matches with minor issues(Which have been fixed by Valve, Who are also doing a great job with all the updates!) At first I was worried that CS:GO would be a
    major disappointment, but after going into the game, I noticed that Valve stayed with the same formula as the rest of the CS series!! With updates being released almost Daily, at an amazing cost of $15, CS:GO in my opinion was a major success. CS:GO has released skins for your guns(Which in no way effects how effective they are) All the weapons are balanced, new guns! (Tec-9, Cz 75, mag 7, Sawed off, Negev) Valve personally has been doing a great job in my opinion keeping up with what the players want.(Valve re added the M4A1 and USP after both were replaced with M4A4, and P2000, which now you are allowed to switch between!) In all CS:GO at the price of $15 is a steal, and I suggest this to ANY FPS gamer! Expand
  58. Mar 2, 2014
    This game does counter strike well. I wasn't around for the era of 1.6 so this is a good introduction to the series for me. I have fun playing this game.
  59. Mar 2, 2014
    Arguably Valves best CS to date. CSGO provides the familiar game play of 1.6 and source and combines their characteristics to create the best of both worlds. Endless replayability via the steam workshop and a robust competitive scene via the rank based match making makes CSGO a complete success. PROS Familure game play Balanced weapons/maps Competitive nature Cons Not beginner friendly
    Hacks can be an issue within matchmaking
  60. Mar 2, 2014
    Im not a big Multiplayer Gamer and i do play some of 'em (And im a noob in it too) ... The ones i play is Battlefield 4 , Max Payne 3 and this . Its been almost 5 year since i played any Counter Strike game . Amd getting this was kinda reforming the Old Memories . I bought it on Steam , downloaded and started (EASY) . The interface was easy as usual to navigate through servers .
    Now some people who play the latest Army simulator games may think that the Visuals are kinda dated (May compare it with COD too) . and i dont blame them as they may see the comparison with latest games . But if i compare it with the previous installment in the Series (CS : Source) the visuals are updated .

The Sound was the similar and my slight con as they might've considered to upgrade or change it by now .

Gameplay was also quite similar , but CS Gameplay was never easy , it requires special tactics and your deep knowledge of the map to get through your way . The new addition of Arms Race is pretty cool .

Overall , a great game to try .
  61. Feb 21, 2014
    Nope. Sorry valve, but as much as it pains me to say this, I don't like this game. Let's get started right away. The hitboxes suck. Like, really bad. It's a known issue but to my knowledge it has not been dealt with yet, which is unacceptable, considering how bad they are. One time I had a famas and I hid next to a crate and 3 guys walked by and I opened fire at their legs and they all dropped dead with like 1-2 leg shots each. The new maps are almost all terrible, and the ones that are good are only good when the teams play it properly. The best map is vertigo, which is this 3 level building map. Some of the low points of this map include the fact that when you fall of the side, you die halfway down the decent. Most maps are ugly and alot of them are basically a source map with a few textures and tiny things like trash bins and stuff added in. The game is very shiny, but in a bad way, it's like they wanted it to be playable on 2007 hardware, but also be able to look great on 2012 hardware. The result is a game playable on low hardware, but with terrible graphics even cranked up. Not that anybody plays with bots, but the AI for them sucks anyway. One easy-medium, if they see you they literally point your gun at you and pause for like a half second, and in a game where reflexes win 70% of the battles, its more than enough time to kill them. Some weapons do way to much damage, like the awp. If you shoot a guy in the foot with an awp, it can easily be lethal.

The good point(s) are a few tiny things that don't really matter, but if I'm giving this a 2 it need something, so basically the 2 good points are 1. The fact that if your playing as CT's and you start on vertigo you see the chopper that landed you there take off and 2. the fact that in multiplayer you can't be a one man team (to an extent, honestly if your in the right place with a longer ranged rifle or other weapons that go unusually far, you can pick off like half a team before you get hit in the leg by a lucky smg round that instantly kills you.
  62. Feb 21, 2014
    The latest and greatest version of Counter-Strike, and one I personally believe to be the best to date. Global Offensive takes the lessons learned of the earlier games, and also bring along enhanced spectator modes that the game needed to evolve in the eSports landscape. The integration with the Steam marketplace for skins and maps is OUTSTANDING. Outstanding value for those interested in a competitive shooter. Expand
  63. Feb 18, 2014
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the £'s
  64. Feb 11, 2014
    Counter-Strike Source was a game that I enjoyed from the moment I started playing it. It was a really fun modern warfare game that showed a new side to the genre in which instead of two armies facing each other, it was more of a game of cops and robbers, or in this case terrorists vs counter-terrorists. Now finally a sequel has been released titled Global Offensive. At first glance, people may think that it's just Source with more modern graphics. However, under those shiny new graphics, there is also far more to this game lying in its exterior. Because it is a multiplayer only game, it does not have an actual story mode. Therefore, unlike my reviews in the past, I will not be talking about the story. I will instead be talking about its presentation as a whole. So, does this game make its predecessors look bad, or should gamers just keep playing Source until the next millennium? Let's find out. As I stated, this is a multiplayer game, so the entire game revolves around the whole multiplayer experience. This game does not change much at all from the original Counter-Strike games. There are two teams (under tournament circumstances and bot matches, there are five on each team), and both sides can win either by killing everyone on the opposing team, or completing an objective. Different from the originals? No. Is this bad? Heck no! The gameplay of Counter-Strike was what made it so special in the first place. The gameplay still feels fast, furious, fun and fresh after all these years. It manages to keep these old modes, and also add new ones. The new gameplay mode additions to this game are called Arms Race, and Demolition. Arms Race is a mode where players compete for kills and get increasingly more powerful weapons with each kill. The winner is the first player to get kills with every weapon in the game. As for demolition, it is a much more traditional game of Counter-Strike, but instead of buying weapons at the end of every round, weaker weapons are awarded based on the amount of kills that you have. These new gameplay modes are a welcome addition to the game, and add more to Counter-Strike then it ever had before. Overall, the gameplay of this game is as fantastic as it has ever been. The graphics are probably the best of any Source Engine game as of yet released. Everything in this game looks absolutely stunning and beautiful. From the character models to the weapons, this game makes even its competitors look bad. Okay, that might be overstating it just a little. The source engine, though great, does not beat the graphical power of Dice's frostbite engine used for the Battlefield series. That's not to say the games graphics are bad, after all I just said they are fantastic. They just aren't Battlefield's. They are still better than Call of Duty however. The presentation is nice too. The U.I. is done very well, and so is the A.I. The A.I. is very intelligent and does its job very well. It has very good multiplayer servers. The maps are all very nice as well. It has many classic Counter-Strike maps, along with new ones. However, while this game's presentation is nice, there is one big problem that it will never overcome. It will never have the same lasting impact that Source and the original left on the gaming community. Sure it looks better, but it will probably never have the fanbase that Source has always had. This game is still fantastic on its own right however. Overall, I'd say that this game is totally worth buying, even if you have never played Counter-Strike before. That is why I recommend it to everyone who wants to play.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  65. Feb 9, 2014
    Counter Strike has always been a very competitive game. Generally all CS games are great but CS:GO takes it to the next level with the marketplace, weapon case, custom weapon finishes, etc. The fact that you can sell or buy stuffs at the marketplace, and also trade with friends adds a huge load of fun to the game. One of the best things about it is the price! Only 14.99$ on Steam for such a great game and I believe it should be worth about 24.99$ or so. Sure there are some people who might not like the CS kind of FPS experience but I heavily recommend it. Expand
  66. Feb 6, 2014
    Better graphics and that's it, every week they update-it, now it has been over one year and a half, and they still haven't finished with the updates. Same bugs as in Source, even new ones, but in the end it's not made by Valve, Valve only came with the engine, it's Hidden Path, the ones who screwed Counter-Strike: Source, in the first place.
  67. Feb 1, 2014
    Since i don't have any of the counter-strike games that came before this, i don't know a lot about the series, but i'm just going to talk about my impressions of the game.

CS:GO is more a remake of CS:source with better graphics, smart changes to the old maps, new game modes, and some new features.
    This game clearly wasn't made for everyone, as it is less chaotic than CoD, and most
    other modern shooters. New players will have a lot of difficulty with the differences in gameplay. Most weapons have a lot of recoil, which makes them hard to control, rushing isn't a good strategy as you will die quickly, and you have to be careful with your footstep noise. In this way, it is very realistic.
    Although there are 4 new game modes, competitive, in which one team tries to plant a bomb and the other team needs to defend it, is still by far the best and most played one. This is because every match is completely different from the other. Losing a round means earning less money, and less money means less powerful weapons to buy, and because of this, winning the first round gives you a huge advantage over the other team. Killing someone feels better than in any other game, because you know they won't come back, and it shows you that you've learned to play such a difficult game. Because of the system in which you don't respawn until the round has ended, your role greatly affects your small 5-player team. This is done better than in any other game i've played.

Overview:
    Gameplay: 9.5
    The game is very tactical and balanced, and your role greatly affects your team.

Graphics: 6.5
    Although the weapons look cool, the game's textures look pretty dated.

Sound: 8
    The soundtrack is decent, and weapons sound realistic.

Lasting appeal: 10
    This game can easily keep you busy for hundreds of hours.

FINAL RATING: 8.5
  68. Jan 21, 2014
    Speaking as someone who's only other FPS experience is TF2, CS GO was pleasantly surprising as i have not been foddered up by embarrassingly easy **** Everything, From the difficult but satisfying recoil on every gun to the fact that all the classic mode levels (except Office) are perfectly balanced without being asymmetrical. Valve have once again raised the bar for tactical FPS.
  69. Jan 19, 2014
    This is a great CS game, with some serious infrastructure problems.
    1. This game feels like source with upgraded graphics and a better rewards system, competitive play, items etc which is awesome 9/10
    2. There are huge infrastructure problems such as an update takes place and right away wait times for games increase to 10 minutes and something even 2 - 3 hours. This is terrible and the
    worst part is that there is no real outlet to direct your frustration to because valve doesn't really care about its players. No one ever responds to you on the steam support forums, the issue is ignored when/until it fixes itself. This is a real problem that Valve has to deal with, as a customer that bought their game I expect them to support me, if they don't, I will gladly go to play Call of Duty or battlefield... 2/10
    Therefore I give it 5/10, awesome game and very bad infrastructure, what a combo....
  70. rqr
    Jan 18, 2014
    Do not buy this game, sooner or later you will be frustrated, because of the huge amount of cheaters and kickers, VAC fails miserably once again, by the way, the cheaters keep calling you "noob".

And the so called "overwatchers" do almost nothing, they keep ignoring wallhackers.
  71. Jan 16, 2014
    everything perfect except people cheating playing in many games and not get banned, and I have a network issue and I got banned for 7 days, then another network issue give me another 7 days instead 30 min, 2 hours...
    I playin 25 rounds then my net fall and volvo give me 7 days always..
    fix that **** VOLVO
  72. Jan 16, 2014
    This game suffers from alot of bugs and the optimization does get worse and worse with every patch. (Lower FPS every patch)

The matchmaking servers are filled with cheaters and the servers itself is not good. They have a high variance and a dipping server FPS resulting in a inconsistent experience.

It´s a tiny bit more hardcore than Source was but do not give you that nice feeling
    Counter-Strike 1.6 and lower did when you was younger.

It´s only an O.K game if you play pugs or clan matches.
  73. Jan 15, 2014
    Best bloody game ever. I remember playing Team Fortress 2 for countless hours, but this...made me say bye bye to TF2. :D Very well done gameplay, greatly designed menus (although it will take some time to get used to. don't worry, I got used to them in 12 hours of gameplay :) ), outstanding music and quite balanced weapons (MP9 sucks though) The only thing that's lacking is the community. Way too many Russians and Polish people. But overall, get this game if you don't have it.

Best darn game yet. 100/100
  74. Jan 3, 2014
    CS:GO lacks decent match-making servers. You will miss shots that you shouldn't have and will result in frustration. However, community servers and services like ESEA will improve your competitive drive and experience. Also, there is a major cheating problem with currently no solution in match-making.
  75. Jan 2, 2014
    Good game i like it and playing only 3 days now imagine when i get some practice game have nice maps and graph...much better then older versions CS 1.6 and Source which were good too
  76. Dec 29, 2013
    A solid upgrade to the Counter-Strike series. GO contains basically just revamped maps, weapons, and UI elements along with a store for you to buy cosmetic items. This isn't a sequel so it doesn't offer much innovation, but it is priced appropriately. The core mechanics still need to be tuned up to bring this series into its next generation.
  77. Dec 28, 2013
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a classic first person shooter from Valve. I've played it now about 60 hours and I'm not tired of this game. If you have a coordinated team it is a lot of fun. And there are modes where you can play without big tactics. The graphics are not that good and the atmosphere is sterile. Gameplay and level design are perfect, no shooter I've ever played is at this mechanics so perfect. Expand
  78. Dec 26, 2013
    This is the best Counter Strike in the series, They also made it very easy to edit weapons and mod the game, With user Generated content.. Also the graphics are not ground breaking they allow all types of machines to play from mid end to extreme keeping the game more competitive and fast paced as a WBGS Gamer we approve this game due to its simplicity in modding and gameplay+weapons with a max rating of 10. Expand
  79. Dec 22, 2013
    This is a great game, people who aren't familiar to the Counter Strike game will have difficulty playing this game. The graphics are not the best but they are good, and the game is fun to play, the only thing I don't understand about this game is why people spend 400$ on a virtual knife, it's just a game! All together, this is an amazing game that I think everybody that like FPS games should play.
  80. Dec 22, 2013
    Very good game :DDDDDDDDD lololololololololololooololoolllololololoom=, i recomend this game for all pc lovers and action gamers. You should get this game on your pc.
  81. Dec 22, 2013
    This game starts by looking ok but after playing it for a while the disappointment is beyond belief. Valve is recycling the Source engine that was outdated when it arrived, the netcode is horrible, they don't give 2 about the community either despite claiming so. There are numerous cheaters on high levels causing matchmaking to be pointless once you reach a certain rank. Their excuse is that they ban in groups so cheaters won't know what cheat caused it, however this means YOU get to play against cheaters for 1-2 months before they get banned. The server settings are subpar and despite Valve being told this, they won't change it because that would cost them more. The maps are full of useless clutter the designers feel you MUST take part of. When the community made their own maps and removed the clutter so low end PCs could play, Valve removed those maps from the mapcycle. If you want to waste money on a shadow of 1.6 then this is the toilet to buy. I got it on 75% off and still want my money back. Expand
  82. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Half-Life 3 of Counter-Strike. 10/3. Expand
  83. Dec 19, 2013
    CSGO may be hated but it really is one of the best FPS ever made. The maps have been updated, the weapons have been updated and the economy has been updated. All this gives variation to a formula that has gone stale and boring. Everything from the map design, weapons and even economy all has been blended together to make a balanced and fair experience. Sure it may be hard but that's because you need to analyse every single detail of the game. The community is great. There are videos to help you out on the obscure things like the physics of grenades. Also the game modes are great You have a casual mode, this gives you extra money at the start and more than five people can join. There is now a competitive match making system which works well. There is the chaotic deathmatch and arms race which always rewards your kills with a better weapon. Demolition is mode with small maps and only has one bomb site which makes a more concentrated experience. Skins for weapons and drops can be found at the end of the game or by watching pro games in their fantastic GOTV app or just buy it is used by valve to entice casual's into the competitive scene. Valve has had added so much, but there are down sides. Firstly there are three weapons that are really OP Scar-20, Negev and the P90 which is over used. The other down side it that all three of these weapons are used so much in death match as you have access to them at all times without buying them. Finally is the drop system. The drop system is fine and dandy but I see no reason to buy a key. There is a key that is used to open a case. In the case you get a randomly generated weapon. Firstly why do I have to buy a key? The game doesn't randomly drop it. You have to buy it. Why can't I just buy the weapon myself when there is a great chance I will be getting a useless skin that has no value in the CS:GO market. This is why cases are worth around 3p-5p in the market. This game is great. But valve needs more improving to do. Expand
  84. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is unbelievably competitive, addicting, fast paced, fun. If you like a game that is really requiring your skills, this is the game that you wanted.
  85. Dec 11, 2013
    The graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on another country with a ping of 200, if the server has hackers or too high ping you can't leave it because the penalties for leaving a competitive game are atrocious (even if it was not your fault, like if the power went down or something like that happened. Yeah, the system can't see a difference if you were disconnected due an external influence, or if was your decision to click on the Exit Game button). The game has a lot of potential, but I am frustrated enough that I could ask Valve for a refund, if I could. Expand
  86. Dec 8, 2013
    This game is great, the graphics are nice and is generally very smooth. I like how they have classic maps in the game and also new ones that weren't previously in others. My only complaint is about the players sometimes they trash talk so much and they kick people for no reason and just use abusive language, even in competitive where teamwork is supposed to be present. It's a pain playing with these kinds of people sometimes and reporting them doesn't seem to do much either. Expand
  87. Dec 1, 2013
    To get it short, i expected something more than just the same content just with better graphics. Yes, the game is cheap but still. Its still the same old CS 1.6 just with some minor changes here and there. If you didnt like the predecessors there is no reason to like GO.
  88. Nov 29, 2013
    Counter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is really good!The high frequency of updates and why not cammos and in-game items will give a long life to this game just like Team Fortress 2. Expand
  89. Nov 28, 2013
    Great sequel to CSS, Good Graphics, game-play, competitive atmosphere is deeply endowed in what is one of the greatest FPS series of all time, only issue is Valve's incompetency in getting rid of hackers but always in line to create 90 new skins, the hacker base has grown in the past few days and I've seen at least 1 in my games every single day, casual or MM.
  90. Nov 20, 2013
    I like this version of cs better than the rest. Although the classics are good, I do not like the way the developers are listening to 'pro' players and changing/nerfing certain guns. It was fine at launch. As well as paying for maps is a bit retarded. maps should be free especially if they are maps from the older version of the game as it should be in any cs games, no one should pay for extra maps, they make enough money from the market. Expand
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    I will start out by saying that I didn't play any of the previous CS games before this one. But I find that the game is very enjoyable. It one of those games that you can pick up after a hard day and find some relaxation in (if you can relax playing shooters). Constant game updates mean that new things are always being added. It is also fairly cheap ($15), and you can get a lot of gameplay out of it. The game balance is also pretty good, meaning that one side (Terrorists or Counter-Terrorists) does not have an advantage in terms of weapons that can be bought. This game does have things that need to be learned, especially if you are coming from a CoD background. Expand
  92. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

93. Nov 18, 2013
    One of the best games i've ever played, the maps are great and the only person you can blame for your failure is yourself, because you only die when you make mistakes it does have some balancing problems when you use the public matchmaking but for the price of 13 bucks its acceptable.
  94. Nov 17, 2013
    If you are expecting something as revolutionary, or amazing as CS 1.6 and CS:S, This isn't the game for you. It takes a different outlook on the CS series. Standalone; this game is good; though it doesn't lead up to the expectations of the previous CS.
  95. Nov 15, 2013
    Best MMOFPS of all time nad i really live how Valve always update for free this game fro more better and better way, they improve very much things since the beta and now is very very awesome game! The only bad thing is a lot of cheaters but that is on every game in the world...
  96. Nov 15, 2013
    Decent remake. Yes some could argue that it isnt CS or CSS but those two were also quite different to begin with. Nobody forces you to buy it. Thus an retail version would have been nice since iam against DRM BS. Still refreshing from thousands of hours CS and CSS.
  97. Nov 8, 2013
    The release of custom skins and weapons was a great addition that attracted alot more people into the servers and into the competitive mode as well. The game is great and is updated many times., the community is awesome and the developers listen to their suggestions and some are really introduced to the game. However, the only downside I seem to find is the level of hackers in the competitive lobbies at higher levels ranks It's almost impossible to not find a lobby with a hacker on your team or the opposite team. Expand
  98. Nov 7, 2013
    Ultra bugged!, this game is almost unplayable. I get banned for weeks of competitive because the servers always kick me. When I get to play for a full hour this game is like a drug xD.
  99. Nov 7, 2013
    Arguably the best Counter-Strike ever made this version keep the core of the game-play that made the first version popular and add features and innovations that make it really great.
  100. Nov 7, 2013
    World's leading game of cheaters.. you will find this game fine to play but believe me you will never get rid of the cheaters who are ruining this game every day..
  101. Aug 21, 2012
    After the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few new maps, a couple of new guns and introduces a new, easier to use interface along with vastly improved matchmaking mechanics. If you don't own a Counter-Strike game already then his is the package for you but if you are already an existing fan then £16 for a graphical upgrade and a handful of new features may not be enough to sway your decision. Collapse

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]