7.8

1. Dec 10, 2012
    A wonderful mix of both 1.6 and Source. If you liked either of those games or if you're looking for a more advanced, team-based shooter, this could(should) be it.

The only reason this game receives a 9.5 and not a 10 from me (rounded up on the metacritic scale) is because they released it too early with too many little features that make CS so loveable omitted. (tagging, flashlight, silencer etc)

After 300 hours of this (including beta), CS:GO has still not lost its charm on me. Weather I feel like playing GunGame, pubbing, some obscure mod, or playing competitively, this game always has something for you to do.

This game offers a really awesome competitive matchmaking system. You will sometimes get matched with baddies, but other than that, its a really cool way to introduce people to the competitive side of CS. It generally works well and it is primarily what I play. It is also nice to not have to pay for ESEA if you want to play semi-competitively. Once you increase your rank a bit, you will often be matched with like-minded people who want to win and will carry out strategies and be generally vocal in-game.

Mind the hate this game receives from 1.6 and Source players who can't fathom moving onto a new game. They have some sort of hard-on for disliking CS:GO without any legitimate reasoning to back it up. It's a great game and I would highly recommend it for both casual and competitive players.

9.5/10
  2. Sep 8, 2012
    CS:GO off the bat is a nice update to CS (having played since CS 1.3).

Pros: 1) Nice graphical tweaks to old and tired maps give the game a fresh feel. 2) A nice jump in and play system which makes it easy to get a server without the hassle of having to find one. 3) 2 new game modes off the bat, "Arms Race" is a simple gun game type scenario where as you kill, you get a new weapon,
    CS:GO off the bat is a nice update to CS (having played since CS 1.3).

Pros:
    1) Nice graphical tweaks to old and tired maps give the game a fresh feel.
    3) 2 new game modes off the bat, "Arms Race" is a simple gun game type scenario where as you kill, you get a new weapon, this is using a deathmatch system as well, so you will instantly respawn. "Demolition" changes this by setting out guns you unlock by killing enemies with your current weapon, and you can get bonus grenades by performing well in the round. Both new games are fun, and I have spent most of my time in GO playing them!

Cons:
    1) Locked down netcode! - Anyone who has played CS of any type in the past will have tweaked the netcode to suit their specific connection/computer/taste. Valve has locked the netcode down so much in GO that you cannot really fine tune your system. This is a big no no to me!
    2) Lack of maps - This may be something that will be addressed in the future through patches, but its the same old maps, and not many of them. You have Italy, Dust 1 & 2, Aztec, Office, Nuke & Train. In standard game play scenarios you will get bored of these pretty quickly! That said, the new game play modes have added rehashed versions of old maps (i.e a short version of train), but to me it feels like there isn't enough content on launch to keep the audience entertained.
    3) Ever changing models - As an old player of source, I got used to the colours of CT = blue, Terror = red (or brown!). However, with CS:GO each map changes the models, which isn't so bad in itself, however on some maps the models are so close in colour, you cannot tell them apart from any reasonable distance, which leaves me hovering over a player to ascertain whether they are on my own side or not....very frustrating!!
    4) The cross-hair - I like the old cross-hair, however I tried to use it and it seemed useless, so I now have to use the abomination that is the "new" cross-hair. You cannot change its colour (as far as I can tell) and it takes up so much room on the screen when your running around, its just annoying! It does seem to recognize friendlies, so that's why I'm using it. Overall, very poor!
    5) Clunky movement, and shocking physics - CSS may not have been the best 1st person shooter ever, but it felt fluid and smooth, however you come across GO and it seems very clunky, the players all run like they have a stick up their backsides and the physics are 10 years old (cannot shoot barrels now apparently!!).

That all said, the game is certainly entertaining. Better than CSS? No, but its certainly enjoyable, and with a few tweaks of the engine, some new content I'm sure it will be here to stay.

For the £12 I spent, I don't regret it, but if you are happy in CSS now, I would see the need to rush over immediately.
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    After the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few newAfter the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few new maps, a couple of new guns and introduces a new, easier to use interface along with vastly improved matchmaking mechanics. If you don't own a Counter-Strike game already then his is the package for you but if you are already an existing fan then £16 for a graphical upgrade and a handful of new features may not be enough to sway your decision. Expand
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15.
  6. Aug 24, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 6/10 because it feels incomplete. There's only 16 maps in the game currently, and Assault isn't one of them, which is kinda like making a Mario game and leaving out Luigi. Matchmaking is another huge problem in this game. I often party up with 4-6 people (to noobstomp ofc) and matchmaking always tries to join full servers or servers with inadequate slots for ourI'm giving this game a 6/10 because it feels incomplete. There's only 16 maps in the game currently, and Assault isn't one of them, which is kinda like making a Mario game and leaving out Luigi. Matchmaking is another huge problem in this game. I often party up with 4-6 people (to noobstomp ofc) and matchmaking always tries to join full servers or servers with inadequate slots for our party. Then we always have to remake and this happens all the time. CS1.6 is still better than GO atm, but GO is definitely a step up from Source. Valve has a long way to go if they want to make it a classic because this game still feels like a beta. Expand
  7. Aug 21, 2012
    The game has much new guns, better graphics, new gamemodes and more. It didnt lose the typical CS-Style which makes it good. But there is one thing, which isnt good: MATCHMAKING The good thing is, it isn't peer to peer matchmaking, the bad thing: you can't use servers from the server browser for your statistics. What I also like, is that I don't have to unlock every gun! From theThe game has much new guns, better graphics, new gamemodes and more. It didnt lose the typical CS-Style which makes it good. But there is one thing, which isnt good: MATCHMAKING The good thing is, it isn't peer to peer matchmaking, the bad thing: you can't use servers from the server browser for your statistics. What I also like, is that I don't have to unlock every gun! From the beginning, everybody can buy every gun! You don't have to level up, or play against lvl 100- overpowered weapons! Overall its a good "remake" with good graphics. Expand
  8. Aug 21, 2012
    In a way there's not a lot of point in reviewing this. It is the best counterstrike version by a wide margin, and the new modes such as arms race are face-melting-ly good. But if you hate counterstrike this won't change your mind.
    If you're an old school fan like me and you want it to feel new again like it did back in 99 then this is TOTALLY the game for you!
  9. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is amazing. It seems like Valve has listened to the fans complaints about how CS:Source modified the basic game-play of Counter-Strike and made this version a way more similar to CS:1.6. Just played the beta yesterday for the first time and bought the game without thinking twice. This one will be HUGE. Thank you Valve for DotA 2, thank you Valve for CS 1.6 and now thank youThis game is amazing. It seems like Valve has listened to the fans complaints about how CS:Source modified the basic game-play of Counter-Strike and made this version a way more similar to CS:1.6. Just played the beta yesterday for the first time and bought the game without thinking twice. This one will be HUGE. Thank you Valve for DotA 2, thank you Valve for CS 1.6 and now thank you Valve for CS:GO. Cross Platform will be sick! Expand
  10. Aug 23, 2012
    I love this game! never played CS games before but CS-GO is the game i was waiting for. For 10$ i can only recommend it. Great positive is. You dont need high end machine to play it. Even old ati 3850 with 256mb of memory can handle this game on full hd with decent framerate.
  11. Aug 22, 2012
    Great game, they took everything that needed to be changed with the old cs and made it better, while keeping all that makes the series fun and exciting true to Counter Strike. Love this game same great gameplay and style with great smooth graphics, highly recommend to any non elitist.
  12. Aug 22, 2012
    After playing source for a few years, I was delighted to hear the announcement of CS:GO and this game does not disappoint those who are familiar with the franchise. Global Offensive brings a range of new features that makes the game easier for those who want to learn how to play, the new 'Weapons Course' mode will help newbies get the hang of the very basics of the game while new modesAfter playing source for a few years, I was delighted to hear the announcement of CS:GO and this game does not disappoint those who are familiar with the franchise. Global Offensive brings a range of new features that makes the game easier for those who want to learn how to play, the new 'Weapons Course' mode will help newbies get the hang of the very basics of the game while new modes such as 'Arms Race' and 'Demolition' is targeted towards the more casual player. For anyone who is yet to play, this game is not your generic shooter and practice is a must! One of the huge disappointments to CSS and 1.6 is the fact that you had to use an external website to have a competitive match, this is not the case with GO as Valve has implemented a new 5v5 competitive mode which allows more experienced players to enjoy the Counter Strike series as they know it. Graphically the game has taken a huge overhaul and now looks better than ever with new lighting effects, an intuitive new buy menu and a hud that is more efficiant than any of the previous games. However in comparison to other modern shooters, the graphics are not perfect but who has ever played CS for its graphics?

The movement speed is different to previous games and will take a little bit of time to get used to as well as the new hitboxes which I used to disagree with but after many patches in the beta, Valve have constantly tweaked the game to what the community want to see. Your old favorite weapons are still there including the AK, M4A4 (don't worry its pretty much the M4A1) and the AWP as well as new weapons such as the Nova, Tec-9 and Molotov/ Incidinary grenade all feel at home and take little time to get used to. As usual, the map design is incredible and it is a pleasure to see your old favourites re-designed to suit the game. Barely any important locations have changed but Valve are still able to give them all a new fresh feel. The new maps that are featured in Arms Race and Demolition are not my scene but suit the style of game mode that they are for. During the beta there were invisible walls above the maps which prevented players from using the old nade spots however I believe that Valve has now patched this.

The game servers are solid and over the 100+ hours that I have already played, I have disconnected very little and to be fair it was probably my fault not theirs. The only critisism I have is that I have seen no evidence of servers matching your skill level with others, this creates a problem when professionals with plenty of hours of play are joined with a team of beginers who think it is a great idea to join a 'Competitive' game. This causes a lot of rage quiters and when you end up playing a full game, you will notice your team emptying for a few rounds before others join. Valve has left the game highly moddable for the community to create their own servers and game modes if they so please and I look forward to seeing what modders can do with the game. Zombies is already confirmed as a mod for the game. Overall the game is awesome and I know that I will play 1000+ hours for the next few years. It is definately still a Counter Strike game and anyone that is a little sceptical is either a 1.6 player who refuses to change the way they play or you need to give it a little more time. And for $15 how can anyone go wrong?
  13. Aug 21, 2012
    Some people say this game is like source, I would say it's more like 1.6, and 1.6 is the best! But this game really gets up to par with 1.6. I highly recommend this game. It really captured the essence of 1.6!
  14. Aug 21, 2012
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value!

People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day. This game improves on the CSS graphics and maps, the added match making needs a few improvements but its good to fire off a 5v5 competitive game which normally you had to PUG for. The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value!

People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day.

The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of things to figure out and test. Lots of the old players don't like change it's as simple as that, instead of seeing it as a challenge.

The graphics COULD be better, but again its $15 and they targets multiple platforms and markets, they want the game to play for everyone and thats what it does, everyone in CS world wants huge amounts of FPS, so they get it with a bit less detail here and there. The main thing lacking I would say is tessellation or parallax mapping. Apart from that it's a much nicer looking game over CSS.

$15! its a steal for such fun multiplayer action, now with more game modes added in and maps.
  15. Aug 21, 2012
    Like most Valve games, just outside the game takes a while for updates, what I mean is that I give the game still not finished, as the CSS in 2004, there were many changes that were improvements to make a better game. Well, this counter-strike I give my thumbs up, pretty good, new signs (if you kill him through) new weapons, new tactics grenades ... Updated graphics ... etc ... and yetLike most Valve games, just outside the game takes a while for updates, what I mean is that I give the game still not finished, as the CSS in 2004, there were many changes that were improvements to make a better game. Well, this counter-strike I give my thumbs up, pretty good, new signs (if you kill him through) new weapons, new tactics grenades ... Updated graphics ... etc ... and yet also with the help of the community with the beta testers and those changing hands They were exposed in the game along with hidden patch, the oldest in the series. Finally, a game kills hours, the FPS simplest but most entertaining I've ever seen, at a very affordable price. Thoroughly recommended. Expand
  16. Aug 21, 2012
    Tengo el juego desde el 16 de agosto y me ha parecido muy bueno, cuando me envicio en un juego es cuando me doy cuenta de lo bueno que esta. Llevo 35 horas jugadas y no me decepcionó. Además doy por echo que las cosas que le faltan (linterna, silenciador. etc.) vendran con las actualizaciones. Jugabilidad: exelente, algunos se quejan, pero yo creo que es más realistaTengo el juego desde el 16 de agosto y me ha parecido muy bueno, cuando me envicio en un juego es cuando me doy cuenta de lo bueno que esta. Llevo 35 horas jugadas y no me decepcionó. Además doy por echo que las cosas que le faltan (linterna, silenciador. etc.) vendran con las actualizaciones. Jugabilidad: exelente, algunos se quejan, pero yo creo que es más realista que nunca, pegar heads con metralleta es algo q puede pasar. Tecnologia: 10 puntos. Estamos hablando de Source. En mi opinion el mejor motor grafico de todos, a pesar de tener sus años, si fisica es la mejor. Graficos: No es un Cod pero un gamer no aprecia su juego por este punto. Sonido: exelente pues gracias al Source engine 2012 Innovación: Como trato de seguir la misma linea que los anteriores, no trae muchas cosas nuevas, hasta ahora, algunas armas y mapas. Pero esto con las futuras actualizaciones ya se verá! MUY RECOMENDABLE! Expand
  17. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'mThis is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'm actually having fun. The graphics are the best Valve has done, the UI is very clean, and the new voice acting is actually pretty good. The recoil and hit detection changed, and now instead of dying as soon as I see an enemy I actually use cover, throw grenades, and more. It's a much more active game. The new maps are the best ever made in Counter-Strike. They are very vertical, which encourages flanking, tactics, risk vs reward, and more. The Arsenal Demolition mode is possibly the best idea ever for a game. The inexperienced have a chance of fighting back against pros, because AK47s and P90s deals more damage than a P2000. The pros feel a sense of accomplishment and play just to see how far they can go. I don't care much for the gungame (A CS original, CoD stole it), but it's rather well done. The new weapons and balancing really make the 12 year old game feel brand new. I didn't care much for the casual mode, as it is only very small changes. And, IT'S $15. IT'S 1/4 OF THE PRICE OF A NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME, AND IT OFFERS SOMETHING THEY DON'T HAVE (GOOD CORE GAMEPLAY). If you want Counter-Strike, don't hesitate to buy it. Expand
  18. Aug 22, 2012
    I have been having a ton of fun with this game. It's a big upgrade from CSS. The guns feel amazing and the graphics are fantastic! I can't get enough of the new Demolition mode! If you need a reason own a PC and a Steam account, this is it. It's only $15, and all planned DLC is going to be free. FREE! Go get this right now!
  19. Aug 21, 2012
    Great game. Very similar to CSS but for only 15$, who's complaining? The gameplay in myy opinion is better than CSS because of the added gun recoil and enhanced visual. Overall an awesome. game.
  20. Aug 21, 2012
    Quite simply, this feels like a reskin of CS:S. Sure some backend stuff may have changed but to me as a player, it feels the same. This leaves the game in an awkward sort of limbo between old and new with fancy graphics that, if anything, make the outdated gameplay stand out more than ever. This may be hard to picture, so I will liken it to this: imagine your dad rocking up to yourQuite simply, this feels like a reskin of CS:S. Sure some backend stuff may have changed but to me as a player, it feels the same. This leaves the game in an awkward sort of limbo between old and new with fancy graphics that, if anything, make the outdated gameplay stand out more than ever. This may be hard to picture, so I will liken it to this: imagine your dad rocking up to your birthday party, dressed like all your friends. The cover can only last so long which is, in this case, until the moment after you buy the game and play your first match.

If you really love CS, but for some reason cannot play CS:S without improved graphics, get this. If you are new to the series, don't buy it or you will just end up feeling lost, hurt and confused like that first girl at the party to approach your dad.
  21. Aug 21, 2012
    It's an improvement over the original CS in terms of accessibility and game modes, but make no mistake, it's still the same game with a new coat of paint. This is either a good or bad thing depending on how you felt about CS in the first place, but I will say that it's showing its age.
  22. Aug 24, 2012
    After all the pressure from my friends and co-workers to get on CS I gave the pre-order a try. I'm not overly impressed. A good game for those with very short attention spans. Maps are tiny and exactly the same as previous games. Casual games are usually filled with 2 or 3 players who are insanely good and the rest are just canon fodder. No real way to compete with the best players.After all the pressure from my friends and co-workers to get on CS I gave the pre-order a try. I'm not overly impressed. A good game for those with very short attention spans. Maps are tiny and exactly the same as previous games. Casual games are usually filled with 2 or 3 players who are insanely good and the rest are just canon fodder. No real way to compete with the best players. Lacks any kind of single player element or even objective goals. Sure there are hostages to rescue and bombs to plant but no one ever does that. Also spawn camping in Arms Race is too easy and the regular modes are one death and game over per round. Pretty boring. Waste of 15 bucks IMO. Expand
  23. Aug 23, 2012
    This is basically CS: Source with less features (no sprays, no flashlights, not many graphic options....) and worse graphics. Graphics are worse because they added way too much bloom and fog and all that crap that makes you see less and you cant turn it off. The game is cheaper then CS: Source because it is worse then CS: Source. If you already have source you are basically throwing 15$/10
  24. Sep 1, 2012
    The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also,The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also, adding bloom to everything does not equate to better graphics. Simply replacing textures in Counterstrike Source with high-res ones will make an older game look better than this one.

Onto gameplay, very bad. Hit detection is bad, gun balance is not there, hitboxes seem to not work often enough. The radial buy menu is horrid for quick navigation and a total time waster. I played on low-ping servers but have to say this game took the lessons learned from Counterstrike Source then threw them away and done enough things different for only the sake of change. The maps are proof of this, they are either the same but with bloom added to hurt your eyes or they are worse with little changes meant to spice things up but actually tone things down.

Many people who never played CS 1.6 or CS:S before will probably find this game alright at $15, I find it a waste of $15. Put the money to something better, catch BF3 on sale at $30 and you will get much much more. This game is shaping up to be a failure and echoes of the beta show a team that only patches the game for sake of keeping up appearances.
  25. Aug 21, 2012
    The game is only half complete. I will speak from a casual and competitive side of the game.

First the casual side. The game was suppose to come out with a zombie mode. They decided to early release the game and put in zombie mode later. The lack of flashlight. The lack of tagging/flinching makes newbie/casual players unable to out smart a professional gamer with perfect aim. This results in a game where aim > placement, position, and strategy.

The competitive side. The game sound is impossible to pinpoint exact player location. The lack of tagging and flinching. The money reward is messed up. $900 per p90/shotgun kill. Only receiving $50 for awp kills.

Overall a lot of the community was ignored on the forum. They pushed a game out that wasn't complete. A huge disappointment for a 1.6 player. The game is still definitely an improvement over source.
  26. Aug 21, 2012
    This game suffers from a few fatal flaws.

1) No ironsights. Yes, I know it's a "feature" of the CS brand. But it's dumb. 2) Headshots or bust. They might as well just make all the player models a floating head. There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle. Giving an advantage for headshots is to be expected
    This game suffers from a few fatal flaws.

1) No ironsights. Yes, I know it's a "feature" of the CS brand. But it's dumb.

2) Headshots or bust. They might as well just make all the player models a floating head. There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle. Giving an advantage for headshots is to be expected -- but the gap shouldn't be this big. 3) Hit reg. It's terrible. Obvious hits will do zero damage at times. I'll probably keep playing for a bit, but I don't see long term viability here. The things I listed above are just way too annoying for me to enjoy this for too long.
  27. Aug 25, 2012
    I play CS online since 1.3 after the release of CS:S i thought it cant getting worse, but here it comes.. CS:GO. This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod. Its like NFS:Shift or OPF:DragonRising. All this games have on togehter, they failed to be continuation of the old game. If they named into 'Global Offensive' thats ok, but please dont call it Counter-Strike.I play CS online since 1.3 after the release of CS:S i thought it cant getting worse, but here it comes.. CS:GO. This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod. Its like NFS:Shift or OPF:DragonRising. All this games have on togehter, they failed to be continuation of the old game. If they named into 'Global Offensive' thats ok, but please dont call it Counter-Strike. Everone who said CS:COD is absolutly right. Expand
  28. Sep 7, 2015
    In all honesty, CS:GO isn't that great a game. Yeah it can be fun, but thats what any shooter should be. I have played shooters for decades now among which also were CS 1.6 and CSS, so I have a big basis for comparison.
    CS:GO isn't perfect at all. It has one of the worst matchmaking systems I have ever seen with a skill discrepancy that is absolutely stupid some times. I myself got Master Guardian Elite after 10 ranked games or so (and many many people calling me a smurf even though I am not even good) and even there, people play absolutely horrible sometimes and somtimes they carry your sorry ass. The skill range goes from people who seriously don't know that planting a bomb on a secured spot is a good thing to people that ace 2-4 times in a game. I literally had dudes my rank scoring 2 kills the entire game while the first one had almost 40. Its almost never a close game but a stomp in one direction. CS:GO even 3 years after release still has a lot of major bugs like your mouse dissapearing, your game just turning black, not responding, kicking you out of queue for no reason, hovering 15 meters in the air after spawn, I had them all. But ok that just happens, I can live with that. What I can't accept though is the incredibly weak anticheat and the fact that CS:GO basically offers almost nothing new. Its just CS, again. And what they added, they haven't even come up with themselves sometimes. Gungame and deathmatch were mods in CS before they were implemented officially as a "feature", and even then they didn't really add anything like sensible spawnpoints, as in every other shooter there is.
    The gameplay is as static as ever so if you are a person who likes movement based games where you have to aim while going fast, flying through the air, then this is not for you. The majority of the game consists of camping and watching one spot for what feels an eternity until finally you either rotate or someone sticks their head out.
    The competitive aspect of it is still fun, especially if you play with friends, but that doesn't excuse it from being a mediocre package and that most of the "features" added are things that should be there in the first place. I expect more from the richest gaming company in the world, that only releases 1 game every 3-4 for years.
    The community in CS:GO is the worst community I have ever witnessed. It amazes me. I played CSS where people liked to be generally toxic too but CS:GO tops it up a notch. Every single ranked game that you will not stomp (and even then) there will be one guy flaming the entire team, leaving or trolling or saying racist remarks (like **** Russians" , "Germans are always like blabla"). But I won't take this into account for the rating as every popular game that is competitive attracts aggressive teenage douchebags. I am just warning whoever might wanna play this game what he is up to.
  29. May 15, 2013
    Not ye CS of olde, I've been following this game since beta and it has yet to satisfy me after 300 hours of play. Despite appearing as a nice visual update, the game actually has very unsound gameplay mechanics that don't do justice to the CS name. However much I periodically enjoy the strategy elements, the occasionally well-made maps, the new and useful additions like a sawed offNot ye CS of olde, I've been following this game since beta and it has yet to satisfy me after 300 hours of play. Despite appearing as a nice visual update, the game actually has very unsound gameplay mechanics that don't do justice to the CS name. However much I periodically enjoy the strategy elements, the occasionally well-made maps, the new and useful additions like a sawed off shotgun, molotov decoy grenades etc. I am always brought back to the fundamentally flawed gameplay that, for concision, just doesn't feel right. The original CS was a fun game that you could relax to while playing-- whereas GO is a fundamentally quicker game, the players accelerate faster and the gunplay is faster, requiring an almost spastic degree of reflex to remain in the game. Headshots are more prevalent than in the original and can be quite random; you will often get headshot by players who are simply spraying their gun at you rather than carefully aiming.

On the plus side, it's quite possible to see the game as having a bright future, but thus far the developers have shown themselves to be alarmingly complacent about the game's core inadequacies
  30. Jul 26, 2015
    It's a competitive FPS game.
    The game looks fine for the year was released, the movement is fluid but the hit detection may be weird for players without experience. The game keep updating with operations and changes, the profesional world of this game is big and is getting bigger everytime.
    Hitbox are really really bad, but Valve may change it in a future. The skin stuff is really
    It's a competitive FPS game.
    Hitbox are really really bad, but Valve may change it in a future.
    The skin stuff is really stupid, a lot of people (including me) pay a lot for a expensive skin, and it's totally unecesary.
    The game isn't bad, is fine if you are looking for a competitive game, but if you prefer a more casual FPS i recommend Call of Duty or Battlefield
  31. Oct 6, 2015
    BEST GAME EVER MADE!!! CSGO has the perfect balance of a shooter and a strategy game. You have to work as a team to defeat the enemy and also there are some great times to be had and memories to be made. It runs smoothly on an average PC there a many good game types such as Casual for the casual gamer, Competitive to show off your skill and also deathmatch, demolition (A mix of arm's raceBEST GAME EVER MADE!!! CSGO has the perfect balance of a shooter and a strategy game. You have to work as a team to defeat the enemy and also there are some great times to be had and memories to be made. It runs smoothly on an average PC there a many good game types such as Casual for the casual gamer, Competitive to show off your skill and also deathmatch, demolition (A mix of arm's race and casual) and the infamous arms race. This game is cheap also, only priced at £12. You play with players all around the world and meet new friends along your journey, also playing the game rewards you with ingame items every time you level up. I would reccomend this to anyone who enjoys FPS style games, also bringing in strategy aspects that other games are lacking in. Also you can show off your swag by getting skins for your weapons to look like a boss Expand
  32. May 29, 2016
    Cs go is very bad game. Cases are only for money. Graphic is poor. Many idiots on Youtube think this game is funny and they do opening with are boring.
  33. May 16, 2016
    Cheaters, terrible servers (EU players forced to play with Russians etc.) and overall a pretty mediocre shooter game. You would expect better from Valve.
  34. May 23, 2013
    It's no Counter Strike Source, but it still has some nice qualities. Graphics improved from its predecessor. At the same time, the movement and aiming feels a little sloppy compared to the crispness of CSS. Great game for the price, but like many other die hard CSS fans, I believe the original is still a better game.
  35. Sep 9, 2012
    So many expectations were about this game. Even i was thinking, it can be something more than regular CS game. But it's still the same. Graphics were improved, few guns, and maps were added, but nothing special at all. Yes, some changes were added, official gun-game for example, but CS still needs something special, like a completely new game modes. Yes, this game is good, but expectationsSo many expectations were about this game. Even i was thinking, it can be something more than regular CS game. But it's still the same. Graphics were improved, few guns, and maps were added, but nothing special at all. Yes, some changes were added, official gun-game for example, but CS still needs something special, like a completely new game modes. Yes, this game is good, but expectations weren't realized. New buying menu isn't very comfortable. Gameplay hasn't changed since CS 1.6, what is a downside. Because if i want to play CS 1.6 with better graphics, i better play CS 1.6, and won't lost my 15 bux for the remake. if you guys think, it's an excellent successor to CS: S, you're wrong, because sequel must has something new. CS: GO, unfortunately hasn't. Expand
  36. Feb 27, 2015
    This for me is not only the worst fps game I've ever played but quite possibly could be the worst game I've ever played in general. I don't even know where to start with the amount of problems that exist in it. The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable. The skill curve in comparison to past counter strikes is far lower. I constantlyThis for me is not only the worst fps game I've ever played but quite possibly could be the worst game I've ever played in general. I don't even know where to start with the amount of problems that exist in it. The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable. The skill curve in comparison to past counter strikes is far lower. I constantly see people running sideways, backwards and forwards while shooting and hitting heads whereas people that sit still and shoot in bursts or tap with their rifles hit 1/3 of their shots. As if that wasn't bad enough but no there's more.. The game is filled with cheaters that plague even the highest ranks of the game. Valve seems happy to allow the game to continually go on sale so that more scumbags can buy new accounts and almost get the game for free because of how ridiculously cheap it already is anyway. People seem to just be allowed to stack accounts to cheat on and get away with it for months at a time before valve actually bans them. They seem to have introduced this overwatch system which quite frankly is totally useless because it gives the people on overwatch almost ZERO responsibility in the end outcome as to whether a person gets banned or not. The guns are totally flawed as well. More often than not I see succesful eco rounds because of how easy it is to wreck someone at mid-close range with a pistol vs rifle. I cannot emphasize enough, please do not buy this game. It quite literally is the biggest disgrace of any fps let alone steam game to have ever been released. I've played several hundred hours of it and just about every concept of the game I am disappointed with. Expand
  37. Nov 30, 2012
    Ok, guys. The game is better than I expected. Better graphic but the most important thing is the core gameplay is still remain the same. Bought at Steam worth $7! Definite must buy game...:)
  38. Nov 14, 2012
    CSGO has yet again defined how a competitive shooter should be.
    Yes, it may not have reached the standard's of 1.6, however, thanks to Valve's promises of future updates, the future of CSGO shines brightly.

Fit for both Casual and Competitive player, as well as costing a shocking $15, it's a must buy for any fps fan.
  39. Aug 21, 2012
    Pretty ok. I was kinda hoping for something different, but it's the same exact thing as the previous games. If you like counterstrike, you'll probably like this. I prefer BF3.
  40. Dec 16, 2012
    Graphics: Not the best but it was certainly a decent improvement over the soft textures of CS:S
    Gameplay: Familiar but never old, I thought it was worth bringing back the oldies. This game in itself does require more skill to actually use weapons (which some players often complain about for iconic weapons) but I like how they made an attempt to refresh everything and then provide some new default modes and the ability for community game modes as well.
    Replay-ability: Much like the predecessors, it provides a good length of fun team based game play and a competitive challenge in comparison to FPS shooters like Call of Duty (which is prey, spray, run around, heal, killstreak reward, kill without skill, repeat). In Counter Strike, you HAVE to put effort in killing even a single player, not too much, but a good amount for the average player and more to take down the more experienced players. This is also worth it's money because would you rather pay about $50 for a game that really doesn't make any true attempt to add anything or $15 for a game that may be small, but is even considerably replayable? This game may not be a huge step up from its preceding titles, but it certainly expands on them, even by a little bit. It uses an old engine but the engine is fairly adaptive and used differently for other games.
    Other personal opinions: It's sad to see that some people give some negative reviews of this game. If we compare both CS:S and CS:GO, you'd more likely stick with GO than S because CS:S was a complete rehash of CS:1.6 with the simplification of using the weapons in game. You can spray players with little effort. In CS:GO it attempts to go back to its routes in order to make the game more competitive and not as simple as CS:S, recoil is higher and requires more control, but still slightly more tolerable than CS:1.6.
    Overall: I believe people should appreciate this game in the least. It tries to bring back good memories of how I used to play Counter Strike in my younger days. Maps are too small, but think about it, that's the principle of Counter Strike games, CQC and medium range engagements. Players would be better off using weapons up close but aren't limited to longer ranges when they've mastered even the weakest of weapons. It is also more realistic that Call of Duty as hipfiring is inexplicably terrible if you just spray all rounds. In Call of Duty, whatever is in your crosshair will be hit and killed if they don't shoot back while in CS, you're going to miss after the first few shots unless you control your aim and fire. Give the game a try, and if you still don't love or like it, at least appreciate it.
  41. Aug 21, 2012
    Please note that this review is based on 100% beta Gameplay.

Please note that this review is based on 100% beta Gameplay.

One of the first FPS's to capture a great competitive edge brought to millions of people is back, 12 years later in Counter Strike Global Offensive. The game sadly is almost a 15$ texture pack. But there are new features. There is a new grenade, and, that's about it i think. This game somehow broke the record for least accomplished in a game in gaming history. This brings less to the table then the new CoD games.

But there are many positives, which outweigh the negatives a ton. The new game reunites all my friends and lets me find games with people that aren't 100% CS pros. It is more casual, but it isn't too casual, you will still get your ass whopped if you are new to the franchise. It is one of the best looking valve games ever also. If you look at it like a 15$ reskin then this game could be crowned as one of the worst games released this year. But if you look at it as a Community get together with some good gameplay and graphics, then you will enjoy this game for sure.
  42. Dec 3, 2012
    I notice the differences when I switch from CS:GO to CS:S. CS:S feels monotonous, looks pixelated, the sounds have no depth, and the teams are always locked in an AK vs M4 war. It was a much needed update.
  43. Aug 28, 2012
    Great Game. It's only 15 bucks, the price of a map pack. This is like a fully updated counter strike game. It retains the core elements of the original counter strike like classic competitive mode, but it's also got a new, fresh feel to it. The arms race gamemode is more fun than gungame from CS:S imho. The recoils are different and there are some new things like molotovs, which just spiceGreat Game. It's only 15 bucks, the price of a map pack. This is like a fully updated counter strike game. It retains the core elements of the original counter strike like classic competitive mode, but it's also got a new, fresh feel to it. The arms race gamemode is more fun than gungame from CS:S imho. The recoils are different and there are some new things like molotovs, which just spice up the game a little bit. In terms of graphics, this is pretty much as far as the source engine will go. Also don't listen to people complaining about hit registration. They're just used to the broken hit reg of CS 1.6. This is FIXED and you actually hit people when you're supposed to. Enjoy the game and have fun! ;D Expand
  44. Nov 11, 2012
    I really love this game. The ELO team skill ranking really works and they keep making updates, so each time is better than before. Competitive mode is so nice... if u abandon 4 matches in less than a week, you get banned for 1 week. Best Counter Strike ever for only $15.

CS:GO > CS 1.6 > CS:Source
  45. Jan 19, 2013
    CS:GO is the game I always wanted Source to be. It is the successor to the original counter-strike in every way that source could never be. The physics are tighter. No more feeling like you're a marshmallow skating across ice. The recoil patterns are not as predictable. In source, you could spray without considering recoil, in CS:GO, much like the original counter-strike, you mustCS:GO is the game I always wanted Source to be. It is the successor to the original counter-strike in every way that source could never be. The physics are tighter. No more feeling like you're a marshmallow skating across ice. The recoil patterns are not as predictable. In source, you could spray without considering recoil, in CS:GO, much like the original counter-strike, you must understand the spread of each gun and counteract the recoil when you attempt to spray. The matchmaking works surprisingly well, especially as more people continue to get the game. In August, wait times for classic competitive were > 5 minutes. Today, they're about 30 seconds. With the skill ranking system games end up being pretty even, and with punishments for leaving the game early, people are generally inclined to play to win and be good teammates. There are, of course, some downsides. I think the balancing is wrong on a couple of guns, the P90 in particular stands out as being overtuned. This version of the P90 belongs in source, with no recoil and high damage output. You also get a bonus $300 per kill - a total of $600. However, there are other guns which have been made more useful. Duel Berettas are not a joke anymore, neither are the shotguns or the heavy machine guns. There is also the lack of officially supported maps. The maps we do have were originally created 10+ years ago, and some of those original maps aren't even in the game yet. It's disappointing to me that more official maps haven't been released yet for use in classic competitive mode. Incendiary grenades are also a bit of a nuisance. The high cost of purchase is of little concern when you're raking in $600/kill with a gun like the p90, and even though you can counter the incendiaries with a smoke, it still feels too powerful.

All that being said, I'm more than willing to put my full faith behind CS:GO and make the switch permanently from 1.6. As I said in the beginning of my review, it's the game I had always wished CS:S would be.
  46. Sep 19, 2012
    An improvement on every level. New graphics, a mixture of old and new, refreshing maps, and more guns. MORE EVERYTHING! If there were any maps that don't exist in CS:GO, I don't complain, because the rest of the game is fantastic. If you also enjoy TF2, you will have to be more precise and efficient with your shots. I barely play Source anymore because when I play community servers, mostAn improvement on every level. New graphics, a mixture of old and new, refreshing maps, and more guns. MORE EVERYTHING! If there were any maps that don't exist in CS:GO, I don't complain, because the rest of the game is fantastic. If you also enjoy TF2, you will have to be more precise and efficient with your shots. I barely play Source anymore because when I play community servers, most of the servers are on a new version (CS:GO) of the game. At only 14.99, do not hesistate to buy this. You will enjoy many hours of this great game. Expand
  47. Oct 2, 2012
    Definitely a Counter-Strike game without a doubt! Any true Counter-Strike fan will know that this is just much more than a rehashed Counter-Strike: Source with better graphics. The entire game feels incredibly fresh despite its age old formula. The graphics are definitely a major factor as well to take into consideration; the game looks fantastic! And is also incredibly well optimized forDefinitely a Counter-Strike game without a doubt! Any true Counter-Strike fan will know that this is just much more than a rehashed Counter-Strike: Source with better graphics. The entire game feels incredibly fresh despite its age old formula. The graphics are definitely a major factor as well to take into consideration; the game looks fantastic! And is also incredibly well optimized for PC's [Gee, I wonder why.]
    I also must say a major point for this game to me personally was the vastly improved weapon sounds that completely obliterate the competition games. These sounds are incredibly realistic and so satisfying to hear! Overall, the game is fantastic, and is a MUST for any Counter-Strike fan. The new controller centered GUI for weapons buying may put you off slightly, but you'll get used to it pretty fast!

Buy it!
  48. Nov 5, 2012
    Very good game! 1-2 patch it may be necessary..

Team Speak 3 volume decreased during the game (all player) ...

Steam purchase / best buy

Thank You Valve! Keep it!
  49. Nov 14, 2012
    This is a game of games. If you enjoy Counter Strike's award winning gameplay and tactics, You simply cannot miss this one. Being more modernized and balanced, this version of Counter Strike plays like no other CS. Being a Veteran of CS, this version accurately displays a more friendly game with it's quick match feature and new additions that make Counter Strike: Counter Strike. The gameThis is a game of games. If you enjoy Counter Strike's award winning gameplay and tactics, You simply cannot miss this one. Being more modernized and balanced, this version of Counter Strike plays like no other CS. Being a Veteran of CS, this version accurately displays a more friendly game with it's quick match feature and new additions that make Counter Strike: Counter Strike. The game keeps true to it's quirky and different game style and play from other games and not surprisingly very fun. The game deems itself on one's and overall team's skill of using firearms, and requires the player to skillfully engage enemies with a sense of tactics. This game is WAY over its worth of only 15 USD, and should be notable for its overall touch ups and new gameplay of other CS games. Expand
  50. Jan 16, 2014
    This game suffers from alot of bugs and the optimization does get worse and worse with every patch. (Lower FPS every patch)

The matchmaking servers are filled with cheaters and the servers itself is not good. They have a high variance and a dipping server FPS resulting in a inconsistent experience. It´s a tiny bit more hardcore than Source was but do not give you that nice feeling

It´s a tiny bit more hardcore than Source was but do not give you that nice feeling Counter-Strike 1.6 and lower did when you was younger.

It´s only an O.K game if you play pugs or clan matches.
  51. Oct 26, 2014
    For the amount of time that Counter-Strike has been available it's truly amazing how buggy and sloppy CS:GO is. Game breaking bugs that have been around for years remain unaddressed.
  52. Sep 27, 2014
    Very good game and gameplay. Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. Skins are pretty cool too but some can be very expensive(but cool too). There is also a matchmaking system which needs improvement but is playable.
  53. Jan 27, 2015
    It's globally offensive in the way of micro transactions for customisations the game play is just as bad as any other counter shyiet game.

Weapons have some absurd cone of fire and the models that are meant to represent an action just don't correlate to what is actually happening when the gun model is firing it's a detached game just like the other crapper strikes. Graphically it's

Graphically it's ok but gameplay just sucks
  54. Apr 30, 2015
    A completely overrated FPS, with an outdated concept and lack of content. The game is filled to the brim with 14 year olds, angry Russians and butt hurt no-it-all's. The game has a seemingly cruel way of fleecing money out of you with expensive cosmetic skins. 0-10 DON'T waste your money!
  55. Aug 29, 2015
    Me gitanearon un cuchillo de 77 euros, me cago en su padre y en el creador de este puto juego de mierda.

Y NO SOLO ESO, Uso UNA PUTA VEZ Wallhack y me banean de por vida, cuando un amigo mio los utilizo para subir de maestro elite de plata a nova 2. VALVe, Hidden Path, quien sea, ME CAGO EN VUESTROS PUTOS MUERTOS. POR CIERTO, ESPERAD, QUE ESTO NO ES TODO. No solo no me deja

POR CIERTO, ESPERAD, QUE ESTO NO ES TODO. No solo no me deja intercambiar, SINO QUE TAMPOCO VENDER MIS PUTAS ARMAS, LAS CUAL HE PAGADO LEGALMENTE, CON MI PUTO DINERO. AHORA SI QUE ME CAGO DE VERDAD EN LOS CREADORES DE ESTE JUEGO, VAYANSE A LA MIERDA.
  56. Aug 22, 2012
    The Counter-Strike franchise is the most perfectly balanced series of multiplayer shooters and CS:GO doesn't disappoint in that context. The new features added, like "play as bots", "Gun Game maps (Official gun game modes) etc. makes the game more exciting that it has ever been". Still after the release Valve and Hidden Path will continue the developelopement, which is going to make theThe Counter-Strike franchise is the most perfectly balanced series of multiplayer shooters and CS:GO doesn't disappoint in that context. The new features added, like "play as bots", "Gun Game maps (Official gun game modes) etc. makes the game more exciting that it has ever been". Still after the release Valve and Hidden Path will continue the developelopement, which is going to make the game more awesome than it already is. I'm also really excited to see the creativity from the community. Thinking of that people spend 60 euro on CoD: MW3, CS:GO is definately worth 14. To be honest, I actually think it should be the other way around. Expand
  57. Aug 22, 2012
    Graphics blasting into my eyes, more weapons, more modes, more maps... In fact, this is the sequel to the most original first person shooter game which makes a lot sense. No nickel and diming needed. The game is worth $15 and all the features it has. It's awesome that the graphics aren't "hardcore" because that will otherwise leave another $60 pricetag in another streamlined pile of games.
  58. Aug 23, 2012
    All hail Gaben. Once again, Valve has proven that new games don't need to be released every god damn year. GS:GO doesn't innovate, but instead polishes a tried and true formula. The game is also a steal. $14.99 for a new game? Count me in.
  59. Aug 29, 2012
    Hidden Path developers did exactly what they should. They took a great franchise and took great care not to break it, instead focusing on polishing maps, weapons, money and overall gameplay balance.
    I really hope that the new edition will bring an influx of new players as this is the best Counter-Strike so far.
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from
    Finally what I am quite happy about is that people seem to be switching from both 1.6 and Source version and like the new edition. I hope this will be the version to unite the now fragmented CS community.
  60. Aug 31, 2012
    I was a big cs source fan and comming from it, I have some pros and cons. The good things are that the game looks great, feels great, and the weapons feel like they have a purpose. There feels to be a little more variety to this game than source, I felt that source ended up an ak/m4 war with the occasionally awp/scout. I feel like all of the guns are priced to the point that each gun has aI was a big cs source fan and comming from it, I have some pros and cons. The good things are that the game looks great, feels great, and the weapons feel like they have a purpose. There feels to be a little more variety to this game than source, I felt that source ended up an ak/m4 war with the occasionally awp/scout. I feel like all of the guns are priced to the point that each gun has a purpose (besides maybe the pistols, why blow 400$ on a tiny upgrade in pistol when you could have grenades of all sorts). Besides the zues failing to show a purpose, it all feels right. The matchmaking works really well, and the serverbrowser is classic, they know to keep that the same. The cons arent enough to shy this game away from great but they are there. As with all counterstrike games, stratagy such as positioning and purchasing is almost always far less important than aim. Thats why there is a learning curve, most of the game is based on your ability to get that headshot. Dont get me wrong, this isnt the worst thing, because its much worse when its like CoD and all you have to do is use the same loadout. At least it takes skill, but your fun time can get ruined by one guy having godlike aim, but I digress, it can happen in every game. Other Cons include, which I guess this one is more for console versions, the maps. Theres only about 10 for classic gamemodes (but servers are already up with user made maps) and 4 for the new gamemode Demolition, with only 2 for gungame. The classic maps are good, the demolition maps are actually really good, and the gungame maps just dont feel right. The main con here is the underwhelming amount. That brings me to another pro (i know, outta place), Demolition. This gamemode has only one thing I dont like about it: its really simple. All it is gungame with stratagy. But it works, it feels different and skillful in its own respect, such as awarding really good rounds with grenades and flashbangs. This is not to mention that the maps they made for it are pretty good for the one-bombsite purpose they were aiming for. TLDR: Good game, GREAT game for the measly $15 price tag, if you have the choice, PC is the way to go to get the most out of it, but console players will still enjoy the experience presented. 1.6 fans will be dissapointed because of thier hardcore attitude, but casual and pro source players will probably respect the game, and remember, source and 1.6 will still be there. PS, a ton of gamemodes (like surf and jail) are already working on GO, the transfer was apparently pretty smooth. Expand
  61. Aug 30, 2012
    This is just what the Counter-Strike series has been waiting for. A modernization. However it feels incomplete with the lack of hostage maps (there is only 2), the gameplay is spot on, competitive, and fresh; while all staying true to the classic Counter-Strike experience. The new gamemodes Demolition and Arms Race are very fun if you are looking for a more fast-paced experience, and theThis is just what the Counter-Strike series has been waiting for. A modernization. However it feels incomplete with the lack of hostage maps (there is only 2), the gameplay is spot on, competitive, and fresh; while all staying true to the classic Counter-Strike experience. The new gamemodes Demolition and Arms Race are very fun if you are looking for a more fast-paced experience, and the new maps are sleek and good looking. This game is also standing evidence that the Source engine is growing and getting better, as the graphics are phenomenal. This game is an upgrade to the entire series in every way. It's still lacking hostage maps though. Since i trust Valve to add more hostage maps, I am giving this game this great rating. Expand
  62. Aug 24, 2012
    Yeah this game is a major breakthrough in CS series,new weapons,new games,new game play,but it's still a classic game and I like it.I hope that it will have many old and new fans.
  63. Aug 28, 2012
    I doubted Valve could pull this one off. My first impression was about a 6.5/10 but after giving it some time to sink in, playing it for a few hours, I've evolved to an easy 9. You can count on Valve introducing a customization store for guns/skins as well, which will only improve the gaming experience. CS:GO = Wife Aggro.
  64. Aug 28, 2012
    Seriously what is up with the 0s on this site? Just seems like a way to get attention.
    Anyway this game doesn't deserve a 0 or any score below a 6, cause as it won't appeal to all it is still a great game that has a lot of game time in. I honestly did not like Source very much it felt very clunky and slow, i do love 1.6 thou and while CS GO don't exactly feel JUST like 1.6 it is still very fun and addictive. Some people are just spoiled like that, as other companies rape series like EA with CnC 4.
    I like the graphics, the sounds, and the gameplay all it needs now is a good modding community like Source had (only reason i liked to play Source) and can customize bot matches w/o having to go into the console then it would be a blast.
  65. Nov 18, 2012
    Valve does it again. In my opinion everything has improved. Gameplay hasn't changed much at all (and it shouldn't), the steep learning curve is still there, and seems more like 1.6 than source. The buy menu is much better, more convenient, and doesn't close down when you buy an individual item causing you to reopen it again and again. The weapons have been rebalanced so the over usedValve does it again. In my opinion everything has improved. Gameplay hasn't changed much at all (and it shouldn't), the steep learning curve is still there, and seems more like 1.6 than source. The buy menu is much better, more convenient, and doesn't close down when you buy an individual item causing you to reopen it again and again. The weapons have been rebalanced so the over used ak, m4, awp and desert eagle isn't the only thing you see now, but they still haven't lost their power. New items such as the molotov **** for stopping a rush and decoy grenades for fooling your enemies are nice new features. The small cons of the game are my opinion of course: the silencer for the m4 is gone, only can carry 1 flashbang instead of 2, and total lack of maps. Yes these are my only cons with the games. When I first bought the game, it wasn't very polished, but now it has very few glitches and bugs. Since it is Valve, we get free maps and content, meaning the silencer might come back whenever it wants to and new maps will pop up with time. If you are a veteran or noob to Counter Strike, Global Offensive DOES NOT disappoint. Great job Valve. Now...about that episode 3? :) Expand
  66. Sep 10, 2012
    Alright, a lot of people are a bit disappointed with the game so far, in comparison to CS:S, but, you gotta see things a bit away from source if that makes any damn sense.
    The thing is, this game only costs 15 dollars and it's some really high quality entertainment for that small amount of money, and we all know Valve is gonna drop a ton of updates on us, so whats with the disappointment? Now if this was 30 or 60 dollars, i'd bash this game to oblivion even with updates, because charging that much for a game and the putting updates up later is stupid, especially since updates might be halted or cancelled, but Valve gave us a good game, for a good price, the updates from this point are just bonuses from this point, I think ti's under-appreciated, people were expecting the biggest thing ever, well, they only asked for 15 dollars, could it considered to be a cop-out of Valve to just not live up to those expectations? I'm not sure, but right now, all that matters is that i'm having a blast on GO.
  67. Sep 4, 2012
    Ok dudes and dudettes. If you liked the old school CS. You will like this one. Also it's 15 freaking dollars. Super cheap and intense FPS fun. I wish they brought back the flashlight and tags, but whatever. It's still fun .
  68. Sep 3, 2012
    Improved gunplay, graphics, sound coupled with new modes and maps make this a really fun and addicting entry to CS. I stopped playing Source because it started to feel a little dated but this has made me want to play CS again. Demolition and Arms Race are very, very fun. The classic maps are also much better balanced while still having that old feel we all love. At $15 this is a steal.
  69. Sep 6, 2012
    I like this iteration of the Counter Strike series not because of it's amazing price at only 15 USD or because of the updated graphics. I like this because of the better engine and improved game-play, smarter bots, great steam community and amazing potential with the new engine for mods to come.
  70. Sep 8, 2012
    - I am not a CS:S player but a CS 1.6 player. I haven't been playing any game for while after CS GO has been made available on MAC. - I am very happy with it. Good price. Good Graphics. Seems to be the game engine is well optimised where it doesnt require much computer power. It took me a little while to get used to this game. - The weapons in the game seems more balanced than its- I am not a CS:S player but a CS 1.6 player. I haven't been playing any game for while after CS GO has been made available on MAC. - I am very happy with it. Good price. Good Graphics. Seems to be the game engine is well optimised where it doesnt require much computer power. It took me a little while to get used to this game. - The weapons in the game seems more balanced than its predecessors.

- Great game ! Its just $15 bucks !!
  71. Nov 1, 2012
    After reading Pingman's review, i felt like i had to review this game. If you are comparing this game to Call of Duty, i suggest you leave because the games are nothing alike. Counter Strike Global Offensive is a new and improved version of the classic competitive FPS, and valve knows its only a facelift which is why they only charge 14.99 for it. Which is not what i can say for Call ofAfter reading Pingman's review, i felt like i had to review this game. If you are comparing this game to Call of Duty, i suggest you leave because the games are nothing alike. Counter Strike Global Offensive is a new and improved version of the classic competitive FPS, and valve knows its only a facelift which is why they only charge 14.99 for it. Which is not what i can say for Call of Duty, the 3-4 games with a different campaign, yet they charge 59.99? If you are a old CS player, having the original, 1.6 and source, then get this game, if you are a first timer to CS, give it a try. Its a blend of how competitive FPS should be like and the nostalgic feeling of an original game from the past. Oh guess what, the updates are free. And there are going to be alot of maps and modes coming out not to mention mods from the community. Expand
  72. Aug 22, 2012
    To start out: I have mainly played quake/ut style games since '96 and while I've dabbled in CS through LANs and such back in the day, my interest was very weak. Mainly because the game is very slow paced and favors 2 tactics: mobbing and camping down a thin avenue of approach. This combined with bullet spray mechanic when moving makes aggression a weak and stupid tactic. I don't likeTo start out: I have mainly played quake/ut style games since '96 and while I've dabbled in CS through LANs and such back in the day, my interest was very weak. Mainly because the game is very slow paced and favors 2 tactics: mobbing and camping down a thin avenue of approach. This combined with bullet spray mechanic when moving makes aggression a weak and stupid tactic. I don't like playing this style game, but gave it a chance when valve released cs:s. Again, the same, but bullet spray and poor hit detection seemed amplified and I gave it up fairly quickly. Now we have CS:GO. To begin, the game is gorgeous and has more infrastructure to it than any CS before. It DOES have matchmaking which is annoying, but there is also the option to play dedicated so who cares? The bullet spray is either tighter or the netcode better, I dunno which. Overall it's still the same gameplay. The purchase interface is wanky, but most players will bind the relevant options and never use it anyway. If you love CS of any flavor, there is no reason you won't like this one. On the other hand, if you think CS gameplay is stale and want to see it mixed up so that aggression and and precision are rewarded rather than penalized, look elsewhere. This is classic CS with a beautiful engine on top. I think the game is a 4 gameplay wise, but I give it a 7 as most people reading this are probably CS players, and I think it's an accurate representation of what a CS player would award this game. Expand
  73. Aug 22, 2012
    It's CS so you know what to expect. Quick matches. Intense difficulty. High tension. Some of the most classic FPS moments in video gaming history. CS does not need to change the formula is perfect and Valve knows this. The CS game for 2012.
  74. Aug 24, 2012
    CS:GO is very much just an upgraded version of the previous game's. But they have done a fantastic job at upgrading it. The menus are smooth, the graphics much better looking, and the gameplay itself is the same amazing CS formula but somehow better. And for those who are whinging about it being just like CODs formula, it's similar but unlike activision, valve is only charging $15 forCS:GO is very much just an upgraded version of the previous game's. But they have done a fantastic job at upgrading it. The menus are smooth, the graphics much better looking, and the gameplay itself is the same amazing CS formula but somehow better. And for those who are whinging about it being just like CODs formula, it's similar but unlike activision, valve is only charging $15 for this. Same price you would pay for an indie game, and still cheaper than every one of the modern Call Of Duty's. Expand
  75. Aug 29, 2012
    This got me back into CS, which is reason enough to warrant a 10. CS is arguably one of the best skill-based games in the history of videogames and changing the formula would only hurt it. Thanks for the gfx update, Valve! I'll probably try and do some mapping again, too.
  76. Aug 28, 2012
    Please keep in mind that this game is not fully complete, but it still have the potential to be the best Counter-Strike game to date. Valve and Hidden Path have been very busy listening to the professionals' feedback whom would like to move on and learn the mistakes that were in the previous games, and using that to improve upon Global Offensive. Besides that, the gameplay is still veryPlease keep in mind that this game is not fully complete, but it still have the potential to be the best Counter-Strike game to date. Valve and Hidden Path have been very busy listening to the professionals' feedback whom would like to move on and learn the mistakes that were in the previous games, and using that to improve upon Global Offensive. Besides that, the gameplay is still very challenging for being so balanced, I love some of the new balance that they've added to the game so far (like the different money-reward system for killing with different guns), but if you don't think about it too much, it is also pretty fun to play because there is casual mode and weapon course for the new folks. Valve and Hidden Path will still be making tons of upcoming updates to this game and this game continues to have a GREATER community just like we've had in 1.6 and Source. Expand
  77. Aug 22, 2012
    Better graphics, better balance, more competitive, all weapons are greatly balanced, now you can handle a SMG without feeling unpowered, i dont know why noobs complain to much about this game, its $15 bucks, even cheaper than CS:S
  78. Sep 2, 2012
    I am so happy to say that Counter-Strike has been properly remade! When I am playing it brings back the amazing memories of 1.6 and having my own server, which I will again strive for in CS:GO. I liked Source, but overall the mechanics didn't feel right to me. Valve definitely hit the nail square on the head with the CS:GO engine, very good graphics and models with smooth and fast pacedI am so happy to say that Counter-Strike has been properly remade! When I am playing it brings back the amazing memories of 1.6 and having my own server, which I will again strive for in CS:GO. I liked Source, but overall the mechanics didn't feel right to me. Valve definitely hit the nail square on the head with the CS:GO engine, very good graphics and models with smooth and fast paced game play. The guns are also great and the buy menu is easy to navigate. The ONLY reason I am not giving this game a 10 is because there are already hacks available and people using them, there has to be a way to stop this Valve/Steam! Expand
  79. Mar 31, 2013
    I think this is the best Counter Strike because the graphics are better than the old Source Engine.At the release weren't many maps available but more maps are added now so you can play many maps from the older versions of Counter Strike.But the new maps are very good too.The new game modes are varied so you got more fun of it.A Map Workshop is now available so you can downloadI think this is the best Counter Strike because the graphics are better than the old Source Engine.At the release weren't many maps available but more maps are added now so you can play many maps from the older versions of Counter Strike.But the new maps are very good too.The new game modes are varied so you got more fun of it.A Map Workshop is now available so you can download user-created maps.
    For only 15$ is the game the best game you can get for this price!
  80. Sep 4, 2012
    It worths the weight!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  81. Aug 24, 2012
    The best game you can play. I've played on CSS little. But it's not really same. It's something more. Accuray is diffrent for all guns and it's good too!. I simply LOVE THIS GAME. But you know HOW to play it . It's not Shut'n Run game. COUNTER STRIKE GO :3 , Good spended15$
  82. Aug 29, 2012
    This is a great CS,just like the first one.The news weapons are awesome,the molotov is a great idea to put into the game.This is one of the best multiplayer games,COD and BF can't win to CS.
  83. Aug 23, 2012
    This really is the best CS game to date. The weapons and shootings feels great and the new game modes brings more variety if youre bored of the standard mode. The only thing that could be improved is the map selection but I'm sure this will be improved with future patches and Steam workshop.
  84. Sep 21, 2012
    As a long time player of 1.6 I was very disappointed by Counter-Strike: Source and thought that CS:GO would make the same mistakes. I was wrong. This is a good game and I hope the professional community looks at moving on from 1.6 as the Starcraft community has moved on from Broodwar.
  85. Nov 8, 2012
    CS:GO is NOT an UPDATE to CS. CS:GO is an entirely new game. Spray patterns are different. Bursting is different. Hitboxes are smaller, models slightly bigger. New guns and new nades. Molotovs/Incid are naw great CC's and can change/hinder the flow of a rush. Smokes are extremely effective. This is a new counter-strike so play it as such
  86. Jan 16, 2014
    everything perfect except people cheating playing in many games and not get banned, and I have a network issue and I got banned for 7 days, then another network issue give me another 7 days instead 30 min, 2 hours...
    I playin 25 rounds then my net fall and volvo give me 7 days always..
    fix that **** VOLVO
  87. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is just terrible. What funny thing can you find there? Battlefield is good for graphic and battle with 64 players, Titanfall is interesting because of dynamic, Team Fortress 2 is great of his atmosphere, but there aren't any interesting in CS:Go
  88. Jan 1, 2015
    It's like they took CS Source and tried to gear it to the most retarded people alive. It's basically a console version of CS Source. Do not buy this game. Buy CS Source.
  89. Aug 31, 2012
    Quite honestly, mediocre and unnecessary. All it is, is counter-strike source with an updated source engine, and a few re modeled guns. This in no way had to be a new game, it brings nothing new to the counter-strike series, and it in no way should be praised as a revolution of the genre. This is coming from a counter-strike veteran who's played CS since 1.3, and also played CSS. I alsoQuite honestly, mediocre and unnecessary. All it is, is counter-strike source with an updated source engine, and a few re modeled guns. This in no way had to be a new game, it brings nothing new to the counter-strike series, and it in no way should be praised as a revolution of the genre. This is coming from a counter-strike veteran who's played CS since 1.3, and also played CSS. I also got into the CS:GO beta quite early and immediately i noticed it was quite lack luster. Kind of a shame that they didn't try to do anything new or fresh with the genre. It's just a new coat of paint on the same car. Expand
  90. Sep 29, 2012
    First of all, the only people doing negative scores is boys at age 12-15 that doesn't want to grow up from CS 1.6. Myself, I've played since 2003 and I think CS:GO is a really good game. I wasn't a fan of the graphics at first, nor the recoil and such - But after a few moments of playing it's just fine.

As I said; It's only kids downgrading this game. Be open to changes, is all I have to say. CS have been out there for 12 years and nothing have really changed. It was basically the same game from beta to 1.6 which sponsors don't like. Why CS 1.6 are dying is because of less and less sponsors actually give something to the scene, and why? Well because of the game being OLD and UGLY and so 2000.

Grow some f'ing balls and start playing CS:GO. It's the players making how popular a game is going to be.
  91. Oct 9, 2012
    Awesome, i would suggest this game for those who love classic FPS, hope Valve can make a story out of it. CS with Police/Terrorist story mode, must be exciting. For those downgrading this game, please wake up boys.
  92. Aug 22, 2012
    Valve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much toValve did a good job of keeping the Counter-Strike in Global Offensive. It's a love it or hate it game. CS:GO has nothing to do with level-based random spray regenerating health first-person shooters. It is much more challenging, and much more frustrating. I doubt that players who have not experienced 1.6 or CS:S wil like it, but apart from that staircase in de_dust, I don't have much to complain about. Expand
  93. May 22, 2013
    For rookies, like myself, the game is almost unplayable. There is barely any skill required from close range besides from spraying (according to my personal experiences) and they will either camp your spawn with a sniper rifle or wait until you come around a corner, and for the new ones among us, that's pretty much all there is to this game. Spawn, get killed, see how accuracy doesn'tFor rookies, like myself, the game is almost unplayable. There is barely any skill required from close range besides from spraying (according to my personal experiences) and they will either camp your spawn with a sniper rifle or wait until you come around a corner, and for the new ones among us, that's pretty much all there is to this game. Spawn, get killed, see how accuracy doesn't matter, and all over. The graphics are very dated, and by far the worst of Valve's source engine. The molotov effects look good, but it simply looks as there was barely any polish. People who say it has the best visuals by far haven't played any other Valve games, like Portal 2 and Dota 2. Expand
  94. Aug 22, 2012
    Feels like a cross between 1.6 and source with improved graphics and some rebalanced maps. Its just as easy to strafe and shoot as well as spray and pray as it was in source, however it is now just as easy as it was in 1.6 to shoot through walls/corners/doors/boxes, without taking it as far as crossing very thick walls or 3 walls at a time. Considering the price tag its a must have,Feels like a cross between 1.6 and source with improved graphics and some rebalanced maps. Its just as easy to strafe and shoot as well as spray and pray as it was in source, however it is now just as easy as it was in 1.6 to shoot through walls/corners/doors/boxes, without taking it as far as crossing very thick walls or 3 walls at a time. Considering the price tag its a must have, lately all large titles have been coming out with 50 or 60 dollar price tags and offer a lot less hours of entertainment. If you're a counter strike fan you should enjoy this one be it a 1.6 or source player. If you love BF3 or if you are running a 10 year old pc then perhaps you should stick to BF3 and 1.6 accordingly. Expand
  95. Aug 22, 2012
    Ok, this game just blew me away the moment as I started. With brand new graphics, new weapons, new leaderboard system, training mode, and more. CS:GO delivers just as well as the previous installments of the franchise, but sugarcoated once again for us, all for the low price of $15. Sure, it's not going to be the same as 1.6, CZ, or Source, but then again there are many people playingOk, this game just blew me away the moment as I started. With brand new graphics, new weapons, new leaderboard system, training mode, and more. CS:GO delivers just as well as the previous installments of the franchise, but sugarcoated once again for us, all for the low price of $15. Sure, it's not going to be the same as 1.6, CZ, or Source, but then again there are many people playing those games to this date. 1.6 Still pulls in at least 60,000 on a daily basis. When was the last time COD2 was that high recently? I have to give this game a perfect score because I was a huge fan of Source and love GO just as much. I still plan to get the originals someday since I didn't play PC games that long ago. Expand
  96. Aug 22, 2012
    My preferred CS game now. The graphics are great, map designs are the classic maps you remember with new additions and tweaks that gets rid of some of the bottlenecks, etc. The match finder to get into quick competitive games is a great addition so playing with friends is a synch.
  97. Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn'tMaybe the only FPS where it truly boils down to a game of pure skill. No bullsh*t perks or kill streaks, no auto-turrets, no air strikes. If you want to win in Counter-Strike, you have to learn the maps, play smart, and have fast reflexes. Since you work for each and every kill, it's much more satisfying than other current gen shooters. It's a real shame that the console version isn't closer to the PC version though, they could have given COD a run for their $. Expand
  98. Aug 21, 2012
    I give this an 8 for the following reasons, and may or may not go into deeper detail to some of them.
    -Counter Strike 3 [basically, considering Source as 2]
    -Newer weapons to make more balance -Per-Weapon monetary awards, basically making that jerk camper with an AWP in the corner not get much, versus someone getting up close and personal and using SKILL to kill someone with, say, an
    -Counter Strike 3 [basically, considering Source as 2]
    -Newer weapons to make more balance
    -Per-Weapon monetary awards, basically making that jerk camper with an AWP in the corner not get much, versus someone getting up close and personal and using SKILL to kill someone with, say, an MP7 or XM1014.
    -Rebuilt maps, all the classics have gotten a total re-work, making them feel new again.
    -Music! Some pretty tense music to build the atmosphere as you shift-walk through a corridor, never knowing what jerk is around the corner
    -Included gungame, removes the client-side bugs and exploits which make gungame in source not fun.
    -Price. $15 for this? Sold. I wouldn't pay much more than that, mind you, but this seems to be a fair price for the game we all know and love to be totally upgraded and generally made better.

Cons, of course, need to be added.

-Well, lack of NEW content is surprising. I was hoping for the zombie mode or something to be included, and with the 12 years they've had, i'm sure it could've been snuck in somewhere. As long as it doesn't become a pay-DLC addon, i'll be happy.

Overall, 8/10. It's perfectly priced and worth every penny. A good game.
  99. Aug 22, 2012
    Great FPS game that takes a lot of skill to master but the reward is fantastic. Killing another player is so satisfying because you know you have to work for every kill. Highly recommended.
  100. Ndi
    May 2, 2013
    Zero innovation. Same maps, same weapons, only weaker, a bit more graphics and bam, new game.

Seriously, this is a minor improvement over Source, one I didn't need. Valve has again caved in to the "pro" gamers (like that's a real sport) and removed all the new features, like reacting to shots. No, the simplest shooter every has made a comeback, with FIRE! But still can't lay down, react to shots, the online gameplay is WORSE as lag plays an even greater role, the bugs have come back, and, frankly, this will never change as long as Valve keeps on letting a few spoiled brats who learned the game by heart dictate how "new" games work.

I'm getting really tired of this. Every new game, the guns are weaker and weaker. Nobody survives 4 shots to the torso with a Desert Eagle. A L96 sniper will still explode you if it clips a wooden box. A salvo from an AK47 or an M16 will put you in a box. This game is going downhill.

I am a long time CS fan and I'm very serious when I say that every new version of CS is less and less fun. From a fast paced CQB game to a "click the head" flash game with better graphics.

And bugs, bugs everywhere. It is unacceptable that in 2013 shooting someone in an online game doesn't "take" because he has lag.
  101. Aug 21, 2012

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]