7.9

1. Jun 30, 2015
    Установил и играю до сих пор.

Графика: Графика хорошая, не вылетает и смотреть приятно - 9/10 Геймплей: Всё удобно, всё понятно и всё досутпно - 9/10 Атмосфера: Атмосфера у игры есть, какая ни какая - 7/10 Сюжет: Ну тут глупо оценивать сюжет, хотя он тут тоже есть - 6/10 Донат: Порадовал! Доната нет! - 10/10 Пользователи: Вот здесь плохо. Много неадеквата, хотя есть и нормальные
    Установил и играю до сих пор.

Графика: Графика хорошая, не вылетает и смотреть приятно - 9/10
    Геймплей: Всё удобно, всё понятно и всё досутпно - 9/10
    Атмосфера: Атмосфера у игры есть, какая ни какая - 7/10
    Сюжет: Ну тут глупо оценивать сюжет, хотя он тут тоже есть - 6/10
    Донат: Порадовал! Доната нет! - 10/10
    Пользователи: Вот здесь плохо. Много неадеквата, хотя есть и нормальные люди - 7/10
    Оригинальность: КС - один их первых шутеров, так что за оригинальность - 9/10

Оценка: 57/70 - Рекомендую!

Install and play so far.

Graphics: The graphics are good, does not take off and look nice - 9/10
    Gameplay: It is convenient, everything is clear and everything dosutpno - 9/10
    Atmosphere: The atmosphere of the game is, what or what - 7/10
    Plot: Well then evaluate silly story, but here, too, he is - 6/10
    Donat: Pleased! Donat no! - 10/10
    Members: Here bad. Many inadequate, although there are normal people - 7/10
    Originality: COP - one of the first shooters, so for originality - 9/10

Score: 57/70 - I recommend!
  2. Jun 28, 2015
    I played a lot in Counter Strike 1.6 and it's rly similar to it, so when CS:GO was released i bought it instantly. I love that game, especially matchmaking mode its sth what is a point in that game :)
  3. Jun 26, 2015
    This game is, by far, the BEST shooter I have ever played in my whole gaming life. Sure, there are games like Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and more, but CS:GO is by far a long-lasting shooter in its genre. The release date was almost 3 years ago, and in the time span between 2012 and now, there had been, I believe, 2 Battlefields, almost 3 Calls to Duty, and almost 2 angel ringsThis game is, by far, the BEST shooter I have ever played in my whole gaming life. Sure, there are games like Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, and more, but CS:GO is by far a long-lasting shooter in its genre. The release date was almost 3 years ago, and in the time span between 2012 and now, there had been, I believe, 2 Battlefields, almost 3 Calls to Duty, and almost 2 angel rings (Halo). Look at the game now. It had 6 major updates, dozens of eSports teams (like the notorious fnatic or NiP), and 4 major tournaments, all acknowledged by Valve. In fact, a 5th tournament is in August, when the game turns 5 years old. After 3 years you would think a game would die, right? WRONG. In fact, CS:GO will save you a lot of money, because it's still being played. A COD game costs $60 USD (38.10 GBP), with yearly installments. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is 1/4 of that, with only one purchase (excluding weapon skins). That is a long-term savings right there.

In conclusion, CS:GO is a cheap and great FPS game, and everyone should try it.
  4. Jun 26, 2015
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a great game. In my honest opinion, this installment of Counter-Strike is in my opinion, the best one since version CS 1.5 - although not quite up to par with it. My reasoning behind this is the low tick-rate of 64 on the competitive servers, along with worse hit detection, something which can sometimes totally ruin your day. Other than this, the newCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is a great game. In my honest opinion, this installment of Counter-Strike is in my opinion, the best one since version CS 1.5 - although not quite up to par with it. My reasoning behind this is the low tick-rate of 64 on the competitive servers, along with worse hit detection, something which can sometimes totally ruin your day. Other than this, the new competitive match making system is brilliant - it has never been easier to get into a 5v5, the tweaks done to the classic weapons are interesting, not the mention the new ones and most of the new maps are incredibly good. Also, this game is really entertaining to watch, especially when the top-tier teams are pitted against each other in cups and tournaments. Expand
  5. Nac
    Jun 24, 2015
    This game has provided many people with a great stress relief function, the offline bots mode. For example, you just played a competitive match, you lost, cause your silver 2, after the banter that happens at the score screen you come to main menu only to realize you are a silver 1 now. You are the worst of them all and will probably un install after, but you decide to play offline withThis game has provided many people with a great stress relief function, the offline bots mode. For example, you just played a competitive match, you lost, cause your silver 2, after the banter that happens at the score screen you come to main menu only to realize you are a silver 1 now. You are the worst of them all and will probably un install after, but you decide to play offline with bots cause you've never practiced on them in your entire counter strike career. You choose the harmless bots option and continue to win 16-0 against the helpless bots. After this you realize that the game deserves a second chance. Therefore the game has a value to you and has improved your look on the game. GG no re, gl hf, ez skins ez lyfe. Expand
  6. Jun 24, 2015
    One of the most, advanced and most pristine army games I have played, from its precision shooting, to its ridiculous amount of difficulty (what I mean here, is that you will die a lot more than any other army games I have played) and all the maps or most of them remind me of CS Source
  7. Jun 20, 2015
    You are either wasting your time or winning.
    There are no compromises or hand holding.
    You suck because you're too scared to adapt.
    FPSs can't get more realistic than this one.
  8. Jun 15, 2015
    CS:GO. I feel very mixed about this game, since unlike in source, you can't ignore the microphone in this game, as it is very essential to winning, yet the abuse over voice chat is actually the worst out of all of the games I have ever played. The other side of this issue is that the people without a microphone who play competitive games completely screw the team over from the start due toCS:GO. I feel very mixed about this game, since unlike in source, you can't ignore the microphone in this game, as it is very essential to winning, yet the abuse over voice chat is actually the worst out of all of the games I have ever played. The other side of this issue is that the people without a microphone who play competitive games completely screw the team over from the start due to the lack of communication. Smurfs and cheaters roam the game rampantly screwing over the people who wish to play legit. As I speak, Overwatch is now out of Beta, so I hope we see some improvement. Valve also placed a new rule that you have to be CS:GO profile "Private Rank 3" to play competitive mode to reduce smurfing and cheating, but it hurts the players who are legit as well, since there is no way to gain enough EXP fast enough to play competitive mode unless you play around 100 dms and win every one. Kids who don't know how to be polite to people also bolster a percent of the fun I could have if the community was nicer to each other.
    On the other hand, I enjoy playing this game because of the high skill ceiling and some of the nice people you meet during the game. I have met people from about everywhere, from Europe to Asia. I enjoy talking to them and learning about their life opposed to my very stereotypical life in the States. I enjoy learning to play better, and eventually rank up, which gives me quite a bit of satisfaction when it does happen, my everlasting hope to be one of the best. So, if you just overlook the cheaters and salty people, you will be set to have a fun gaming experience.
  9. Jun 12, 2015
    This game, is terrible, in reality. Counter Strike used to be good, for example, Source, which is the best one. Unfortunately, this game has gone the TF2 route, all about cosmetics, barely about balanced gameplay. Every time i try to play this game, it is awful. Usually, I am able to do reasonably well in online shooters, such as Halo and CoD, however, I get killed every time I encounterThis game, is terrible, in reality. Counter Strike used to be good, for example, Source, which is the best one. Unfortunately, this game has gone the TF2 route, all about cosmetics, barely about balanced gameplay. Every time i try to play this game, it is awful. Usually, I am able to do reasonably well in online shooters, such as Halo and CoD, however, I get killed every time I encounter someone. I do not know what is wrong with the game, but it is an absolute nuisance! Also, the game is dated as heck! Controls are frustratingly limited, graphics aren't good and there are functions that are in most games today that aren't here! I cannot recommend this game at all, avoid if you like balanced, reasonably good online shooters. That is all. Expand
  10. Jun 2, 2015
    Game filled with cheaters and noone gives ****
    Team of dumbasses, which teamkilling and troll whole time.
    64 tick causes, you die behind wall,or stupid hits like 60in5 or 3in1.
    Good looking skins cost least 30e, or 300 at max.
    And operations parcipation cost 6e, for stupid missions, which makes you faster level and then you get drop skin for 0,04e.
  11. May 30, 2015
    Great game i really like it because its not one of those shooters where bullets are random and mechanics are useless. everything has a purpose in this game. All guns fit different roles. And its only 15 bucks. the only reason its not a 10 is because the people are awful not CSGOs fault tho oh and people complain about non veriety in maps then vote for dust every round
  12. May 29, 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive is the best existing competitive shooter out there ! It has awesome maps, the
    handling of guns works pretty well, the weapons are excellently balanced and so on !
    BUT there is one thing i really hate, the skin´s and market system in combination with the price policy of valve ! It´s just about bringing capitalism to the game ! There is no rational reason, a person should pay real money for a weapon skin and even if someone buy´s a skin, valve just takes 15%!
  13. May 22, 2015
    This is the real deal. If people are bound to complain, they will complain no matter what. This installment has everything one might want from Counter-Strike. The gameplay is not dumbed-down in any way, the game keeps its team-based round match-ups like it has been doing for several years. The learning curve is steep, insanely brutal.

They tried to add things to it aiming to keep it

They tried to add things to it aiming to keep it fresh and justify the purchase, but having Dust2 and original gameplay seems justified enough for most people. Gun games existed as modifications since the original, not it's built-in. Arms race also had its underground fanbase for years, now incorporated within the main package. The two main modes help fit players in. Classic has team collision and friendly fire turned off, as well as less round per game. On the other hand, competitive goes all out when it comes to punishing the player for screwing up as well as 30 round total.

This is updated version of Counter-Strike like it should be done, there's nothing really wrong with it except the utopia of some gamers that Valve should launch a new engine every year with updated re-releases of each and every one of its products. Unreal.
  14. May 20, 2015
    This game isn't worth buying even though it's really cheap. For me, it's the worst game. This is my opinion and I don't care about you haters. There are many people who are hacking the game and making it worse.
  15. May 19, 2015
    The classic Counter Strike returning to the new era of gaming .
  16. May 15, 2015
    Before you buy it, you should watch some videos...

This is by far the WORST CS game ever made... OK, it has BETTER GRAPHICS, but fails at everything else: Matchmaking is awful: people who don't bother to speak english, don't stop shouting, blame you for their lack of skill, and even kick you for no reason (we are 4, we are mates, let's kick this random guy just for fun... IT
    Before you buy it, you should watch some videos...

Matchmaking is awful: people who don't bother to speak english, don't stop shouting, blame you for their lack of skill, and even kick you for no reason (we are 4, we are mates, let's kick this random guy just for fun... IT HAPPENS).

Full of hackers... even between professional player!!!

Please don't buy it, gamers deserve a better game, valve has PROVED to make better games, do not pay for this.
  17. May 1, 2015
    So here's my verdict on the game.

Pros: - None. Seriously, I'm not joking. Cons: - Not tactical at all like everybody says. - Not fun. - Not addictive (why do people play this game for thousands of hours (literally)?) - No aim down sights, which is disappointing for two reasons. A) It's the year 2015. Battlefield 2 came out in 2005, and that had aim down sights. Why is it that
    So here's my verdict on the game.

Pros:
    - None. Seriously, I'm not joking.

Cons:
    - Not tactical at all like everybody says.
    - Not fun.
    - No aim down sights, which is disappointing for two reasons. A) It's the year 2015. Battlefield 2 came out in 2005, and that had aim down sights. Why is it that we don't have it 10 years on? B) In the trailer, right at the start (about 13 seconds in, or about 1:33 depending on which trailer you watch) a counter-terrorist is shown aiming at a terrorist. Why is it advertised, but not in the game? Surely that's some kind of false advertising.
    - The are hardly any guns.
    - The recoil is the same every time you shoot each weapon. Surely you could make it so that the pattern at least varies every so often?
    - I quite like to see proper map names in a game, not file names like "de_dust2". Surely you could just make it say "Dust 2"? It makes the game look unfinished, if you ask me - it looks like it's still undergoing debugging.
    - Costs too much money for what it is.
    - The maps are absolutely tiny.
    - The game feels generally unfinished. It feels like more development went into the cloth physics for the the molotov than any other part of the game.
    - The micro-transactions make the game a f***ing abomination. It's like, "Yay, I unlocked a case!" but then you are told you have to pay money to buy a key to unlock something you just earned for free. What a f***ing rip-off. And why are knives so f***ing expensive? What is the point in spending so much money on something that's usage is in a minority compared to everything else that is used by the player? I'm just glad I haven't wasted any more money on this piece of s*** game.

Overall, I would not reccomend this piece of f***ing s*** game. I wasted my money on this game and all the other Counter Strike games. It says in the description of the game on Steam, "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 14 years ago". What has it expanded upon? F*** all! The game has been the same since f***ing 1999!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME - it is a rip-off and is falsely advertised in the trailer(s). It looks and feels unfinished, which for a game released in 2012, and now we're in the year 2015, is not good AT ALL. I have absolutely NO idea why the reviews for this game are "Overwhelmingly Positive", because there is nothing good about this game!

0/10. DO NOT BUY.
  18. Apr 30, 2015
    A completely overrated FPS, with an outdated concept and lack of content. The game is filled to the brim with 14 year olds, angry Russians and butt hurt no-it-all's. The game has a seemingly cruel way of fleecing money out of you with expensive cosmetic skins. 0-10 DON'T waste your money!
  19. Apr 26, 2015
    e-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too so why should you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. You may love it or hatee-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too so why should you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. You may love it or hate it. You either put in hard work, get better, have fun and love the game or fail, flame, lose and hate the game forever. Very similar to Sports isn't it? Expand
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    - average graphics
    - no killcam
    - mostly the same maps - camping is rewarded (except in deathmatch maybe) - AWP seems OP - something is wrong with netcode/spread when firing from short distance I prefer CSS. I've started playing CS1.3 15 years ago and I liked the graphic improvements and new maps in CSS but I don't really get why CS:GO seems popular. As of 2015, you can get BF3/BF4
    - average graphics
    - no killcam
    - mostly the same maps
    - camping is rewarded (except in deathmatch maybe)
    - AWP seems OP
    - something is wrong with netcode/spread when firing from short distance

I prefer CSS. I've started playing CS1.3 15 years ago and I liked the graphic improvements and new maps in CSS but I don't really get why CS:GO seems popular. As of 2015, you can get BF3/BF4 for almost the same price as CS:GO. I can understand that CS:GO can be more competitive since it's infantry only, etc. It's probably the only good point in my humble opinion. The graphics look outdated, the UI is so-so, people are still playing the same maps 15 years later ... I don't get it. I'm pretty sure if you take the time to search, you can find some interesting modes and maps in this game but I've not found any. Personally I prefer Battlefield and Titanfall, sold at the same price currently. There is no killcam, come on. The casual mode is the one I prefer so far, I hate friendly fire. This FPS rewards camping too much when compared because of the size of the maps, the weapon available and the spread when moving.
  21. Apr 19, 2015
    This is a simply amazing game for the competitive players and their casual counterparts with an item system like in any other recent Valve game (DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2) that adds a lot more to the game.
  22. Apr 18, 2015
    So, I bought this game because I had a lot of friends that were addicted to it and it looked nice.
    But I was 100% wrong. In this game you can't earn ranks or level up without playing competitive and competitive levels are more skill levels. I didn't like not being able to level up and unlock new stuff by playing. And I even had to buy my weapons during the game! The worst part of this game is the hipfire thing. You can kill someone from Sniper range with an AK-47 headshot without even aiming down sights. But of course if they're right next to you and you spam bullets only 1/10 of the bullets will hit!
    The community is terrible. If you're new to the game and you're trying to learn without playing deathmatch over and over again (which is a waste of time because you don't get anything other than play time) they'll just kick you!
    I don't recommend this game to anybody who likes to play games in a casual way and/or likes the grind/XP/level up aspect of other FPS games.
  23. Apr 18, 2015
    This is how you make an online shooter. Counter-Strike has dominated genre forever. Activision and EA has a lot to learn from Valve. In my opition we don't even need another Counter-Strike. CS: GO is so perfect and there is microtransactions which Valve makes money from.

Counter-Strike will be the best online shooter forever.
  24. Apr 17, 2015
    Like COD but 10 times better

Like COD but 10 times better

This game ignores the soppy doppy emotional bullsh*t paired with call of duty and is flat out straight to the point "here's two sides, here's some guns, here's some awesome maps, now kill each other". Boom. Awesomeness ensues. The only thing I can nitpick with this game is that there are A LOT of ways to get killed from impossible angles. For example, I once got killed through a wall whilst the enemy was facing THE OTHER WAY....for real?

Nitpicking acide, far better than COD or Battlefield (OH! AND AWESOME GUN SKINS TOO!) buy it now!
  25. Apr 4, 2015
    Excellent game. This is what FPS gaming is all about. Focused competitive gameplay yet not moving away from the traditional counter-strike formula. CSGO is a winner and will continue to grow.. Long live CSGO!
  26. Apr 4, 2015
    The first time playing Counter strike Global Offensive, I was so excited, seeing the trailer and how it was upgraded for graphics, the game was perfect. But the bad side to the game was later on it became more of a game where players online would just want to get drops at the end of a match, or just completely make the game so ugly to even want to play.
  27. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is quit similar to the new up-coming game Tom's Clancy Rainbow Six Siege.This game is quit challenging and at the same time it's also interesting.This game really put your skill to the test.
  28. Mar 23, 2015
    I am not gonna lie this game is pretty fun and has a unique feel unlike any other fps shooter I have played. The problem is the people that play the game and the community. I have had friends and teammates cuss me out and yell at me for the simplest things. Very rarely will you find a team that will not yell at you. Decent game if it wasn't for the community.
  29. Mar 22, 2015
    Counter Strike Global Offensive gives the player the typical two options for teams. Terrorists, and counter terrorists. Upon obtaining a kill, or respawn, the player is given newer weapons to hasten an objective. Both team obtain their own different variant of weapons to deal with the opposing force during the many maps they include during gameplay.
  30. Mar 22, 2015
    If you are going to sell the game, at least stop with the microtransactions, will you? Besides that, gameplay is solid, not much improvments since last Counter Strike. It's low score is mostly because of the microtransactions.
  31. Mar 17, 2015
    Everything about this game is mediocre. The gameplay, the amount of new content, the graphics. Everything.
    The gameplay is broken and boring. There is no skill involved whatsoever. There are no special tactics or anything. You either turn left or turn right. You either fire first or you don't. You either get a headshot or you don't. Speaking of headshots, it's completely random where your bullets go, as the recoil is horribly designed. Even if your crosshair is perfectly centered on someone, even if they aren't moving, even if you aren't moving, even if there isn't ANY reason for you to miss, your bullet DODGES a foot to the left, right, or ANYWHERE you weren't aiming. Good gosh, I found I got more headshots by aiming at a person's CHEST than actually aiming at their HEAD. THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
    There is a serious lack of new content. It's basically a modded CS:S. There is only a handful of new weapons and maps.
    And now, the graphics. The graphics are simply terrible. The game looks 10 years old. The animations look stupid, the textures are low-res, and the lighting, oh the terrible lighting; all the maps look completely dull because of it. Almost all shadows have the same boring shade of grey. It's as if someone forgot to add proper lighting to most areas.
    Oh, and one last thing: WHY IS THERE AN IN-GAME MARKETPLACE WHERE YOU CAN SPEND REAL MONEY ON WEAPON SKINS? Are you telling me they spent time on making cosmetic items so that they could charge cash for them, instead of, oh I don't know, MAKING A DECENT GAME?! There are items that cost hundreds of dollars, I'm not kidding. They don't even do anything to affect gameplay, they're just for looks. It's disgusting that they charge that much for them. This is not a F2P game. It costs $15, and they seriously charge extra money for dumb cosmetics. I don't know why no one else calls out Valve for doing shady moves like this, but I'm having none of it.
    Despite the above, the game CAN still be fun. It's just overall a mediocre game.
    I'd say stick with the previous Counter-Strike games. This is poorly designed, badly balanced garbage compared to them.
  32. Mar 4, 2015
    One of the best counter-strike games(Or fps for that matter). It keeps it original simplicity with some additional new features.

If you love FPS games, this game should be in your library ASAP!
  33. Mar 2, 2015
    The best aspect of 'Counterstrike' is how with each new release, the gameplay remains the same as it was back when everyone was still playing on dial up connections and crappy white and beige CRT monitors, while still offering modern day graphics and updated game engines. Now, having a game where the core gameplay never changes might actually sound like a terrible thing for games to doThe best aspect of 'Counterstrike' is how with each new release, the gameplay remains the same as it was back when everyone was still playing on dial up connections and crappy white and beige CRT monitors, while still offering modern day graphics and updated game engines. Now, having a game where the core gameplay never changes might actually sound like a terrible thing for games to do these days, like with the 'Call of Duty' franchise for instance, but with 'Counterstrike' it's exactly what you want. It's not that the developers are lazy or no longer posses the skills to be creative, it's the fact that this game is so loved, so already perfect, that anything other than aesthetic updates would be a crime against humanity.

Other than that, what else is there to really say about 'Counterstrike' that hasn't already been said? It's the game that got millions of 90's kids to harass their parents for faster modems and better video cards. It's the game that kept myself and many of my friends up over countless nights all because the server '24/7 Militia' was a real thing that existed. It's the game that coined the term 'spray and pray'. It's the game that played perfectly fine on 56K modems way before cable internet even existed. You get the idea. Counterstrike is great and if you haven't played it yet, you probably should. I for one know that I'll never get the sound of 'Counter Terrorists' and 'Terrorists Win' out of my mind, and I'm totally okay with that.
  34. Mar 1, 2015
    Without many years of 1.6 experience, it's excellent!

If you played CS for the first time in 1999 or so: Valve completely lost my trust this time. It literally SUCKS. . I'll try to explain why in this review, also including some strenghts of CS:GO. I think Valve tried to bring the best from CS:S and CS:1.6, and also small tweaks from COD and BF (like skins, ingame menus and
    Without many years of 1.6 experience, it's excellent!

I think Valve tried to bring the best from CS:S and CS:1.6, and also small tweaks from COD and BF (like skins, ingame menus and stats-tab). Why is this bad? Well, because if you think of it from a product positioning perspective - you both want to keep "stickiness" and also be different from COD, BF, Arma, Quake, Sleeping Dogs, etc.
    - The strengths and passion of Counter-Strike 1.6 was the simpleness.
    - You could needed to focus on a small amount of things at the same time (equivalent to mental-average memory capacity of players).
    - No "levels" (BF/COD) is needed, hit play - and play!

How does it relate to CS:GO, other competing games and also CS:1.6?
    - Other games' strengths aren't a head-2-head sport-game like CS. The maps are bigger, the multitasking is different, the amount of players are higher, no vehicles in CS (etc).

You see, and agree about simplicity? CS is all about it! Not flying airplanes or driving a tank. Good that we've got it down. Then you also understand that with less features - each feature becomes really important.

So when Valve's story writers decide to decrease the mag of the "CS:1.6 game community's" favourite weapon and at the same time "delete" your 9 years old gun control-skills from CS:1.6:

1. Does it make people happy? No, not really.
    2. Does it make the game better for the average players? No! Not really.
    3. Will it make people buy a 4th failed game in the series (Failed: CS:CZ, CS:S. CS:GO)? Absolutely not.

Then we all read online about this being the world's most played game currently, using that as a benchmark for that Valve actually took the right decisions. Think again, if you have ever played with data in Cognos, Qlik, Excel -whatever- you realize that there are always more dimensions to the data.
    - You are actually comparing the time of 1.6 when the world barey had internet or a dual-core CPU!!! What Valve SHOULD BE THINKING IS: "We realize that we lost (=revenue) to COD, BF, WOW, LOL, etc. Now we have X things to accomplish so we can GeT_RiGht! again."

What is actually missing from creating history again with the series is:
    1. Exact damage as CS:1.6 (CS:GO is all about headshots).
    2. Exact same gun control as CS:1.6.
    3. Exact same hitboxes as CS:1.6 - CS:GO is weird and more random (harder to learn for skilled/frequent players).
    4. Choice of keeping simple UI-format (pre-game+in game menus+tab+CROSSHAIR!).
    5. T is red, CT is blue as CS:1.6.
    6. Players raw-posture's and coloring as CS:1.6.
    7. Give silenced colt (with 30-mag) a more raw sound.
    8. The standard-voice snippets - really? Did you never play Half-Life 1? Get real - sound like a boss. Get rid of the Supermario-feeling.
    9. Exact same reload/weapon switch timings.
    10. Cooler weapons movement for: Colt, AK and Knife.

- Oh my lord, I can't think of how LOVELY this would be. AND HOW MUCH I WOULD PAY FOR IT!

Keeping stickiness with the old+current player base:
    - CS:1.6 damage, gun control and hitboxes.

Keeping simplicity:
    - Hiding all the bloat-UI guff, (keep the new features, just don't splash them in my face)

Valve 1: Why not try with a beta? I mean 1,2,3, 7 & 9 (above) might only be configurations and NO NEW DEVELOPMENT. A couple of mandays of getting the feel for it. Google "SpawN" - he can help you.
    Valve 2: Why don't you ask some of the pro gamers instead of bribing them to play CS:GO?
    Valve 3: Google, Apple and Microsoft are all working to remove bloat from all platforms - Do you really think it's right to add it?
    Valve 4: One of usabilitie's core pillars is recognition. I.eg. the first time you used an iOS/Android-device, you knew where to click in order to open the phone menu. Think a little bit about the same thing here: Usability (recognition), stickiness (keeping skills from 9 years), product positioning (don't copy ugly things from COD/BF).

In order to not be a complete **** I'll list what I think was very good with CS:GO:
    1. Graphics.
    2. New weapons (some should be invoke less dmg tho). 3. Valve setting your "level" to match you with equally skilled gamers - nobody likes to wait for a camping noob when you've planted the bomb, and the noob is camping in spawn. 4. Without server mods - you see dmg made to killer (damage made overall is missing). 5. Colt and AK now has the same numbering when buying weapons. 6. Movement recreation is fair enough. 7. AWP is working as expected. 8. Money (reward) system. 9. New maps! Community created. 10. Without server mods - votes are working well. 11. The ingame map - love it. 12. Without server mods - support for no-blocking (what story writers call no-collision)
  35. Feb 27, 2015
    This for me is not only the worst fps game I've ever played but quite possibly could be the worst game I've ever played in general. I don't even know where to start with the amount of problems that exist in it. The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable. The skill curve in comparison to past counter strikes is far lower. I constantlyThis for me is not only the worst fps game I've ever played but quite possibly could be the worst game I've ever played in general. I don't even know where to start with the amount of problems that exist in it. The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable. The skill curve in comparison to past counter strikes is far lower. I constantly see people running sideways, backwards and forwards while shooting and hitting heads whereas people that sit still and shoot in bursts or tap with their rifles hit 1/3 of their shots. As if that wasn't bad enough but no there's more.. The game is filled with cheaters that plague even the highest ranks of the game. Valve seems happy to allow the game to continually go on sale so that more scumbags can buy new accounts and almost get the game for free because of how ridiculously cheap it already is anyway. People seem to just be allowed to stack accounts to cheat on and get away with it for months at a time before valve actually bans them. They seem to have introduced this overwatch system which quite frankly is totally useless because it gives the people on overwatch almost ZERO responsibility in the end outcome as to whether a person gets banned or not. The guns are totally flawed as well. More often than not I see succesful eco rounds because of how easy it is to wreck someone at mid-close range with a pistol vs rifle. I cannot emphasize enough, please do not buy this game. It quite literally is the biggest disgrace of any fps let alone steam game to have ever been released. I've played several hundred hours of it and just about every concept of the game I am disappointed with. Expand
  36. Feb 16, 2015
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)
  37. Feb 14, 2015
    ...................................................................................................................................................
  38. Feb 7, 2015
    I like first person shooters, but this game based off the counter strike franchise that already made several counter strike games and is just the same thing again. Don't get me wrong, I love counter strike and the graphics and gameplay are new and more impressive, but I would like to see something different and more exciting rather than the same counter-terrorists versus terorrists andI like first person shooters, but this game based off the counter strike franchise that already made several counter strike games and is just the same thing again. Don't get me wrong, I love counter strike and the graphics and gameplay are new and more impressive, but I would like to see something different and more exciting rather than the same counter-terrorists versus terorrists and humans versus zombie modes. Expand
  39. Feb 2, 2015
    Counter-Strike 1.6 had great glory, Source not so much. Now it's CS:GO's turn to shake the tables.
    Well, I am not impressed.
    To start it off with the positive side of the game: - Great gameplay, as with CS 1.6. It has some balancing issues. - Fun maps to play, some have balancing issues as well. - Great game to play with friends... (when possible). - Great audio, to determine
    Well, I am not impressed.

To start it off with the positive side of the game:
    - Great gameplay, as with CS 1.6. It has some balancing issues.
    - Fun maps to play, some have balancing issues as well.
    - Great game to play with friends... (when possible).
    - Great audio, to determine location of other players.
    - Nice game modes.

Which leads me to the negative side of this game.
    - How on earth are you able to play with friends that have a higher ranking OR are not ranked yet.
    They allow you to play 2 games, if you win or lose doesn't matter. At some point, you cannot play with your friends anymore.
    Some of my friends have 2/3 new accounts to be able to play in a group...
    - Some maps are unbalanced, like Cobblestone.
    - Weapon reg. is not the same as CS 1.6, which was really good (and hard to play).
    - Wall banging is completely random.

The most frustrating thing is that the game tells you, you cannot play with friends...

It still deserves a positive score, so 6/10 points.
    Even though it's a team game.
  40. Jan 31, 2015
    AWESOME! The whole game is good, but the whole game has a lot of errors, like the **** music kits and those annoying **** settings, there's no setting to mute the music, what a terrible menu design, loading times are ridiculous, spawn system in deathmatch is a joke, the music is beautiful. the gameplay much more fluid than previous counter strike titles, it's just feels great and very fun,AWESOME! The whole game is good, but the whole game has a lot of errors, like the **** music kits and those annoying **** settings, there's no setting to mute the music, what a terrible menu design, loading times are ridiculous, spawn system in deathmatch is a joke, the music is beautiful. the gameplay much more fluid than previous counter strike titles, it's just feels great and very fun, new modes to play, amazing updates, masks, weapons skins, new and better maps. this is awesome.

Good (+):
    + Amazing gameplay and hitbox detection
    +Marvelous music and sound effects
    +New amazing features, such as new maps and skins
    +Best gaming comunity out there (not 10 yrs old like cod aw)
    +A lot of good improvements

Bad (-):
    - Voice acting is very bad
    - A lot of problems with some servers
  41. Jan 30, 2015
    I would rate higher but unless you are playing with a group of friends, you run the risk of being abused by other players--Don't get me wrong, my experience is predominantly positive BUT when you are unlucky-enough to be stuck with that type of people i just want to turn my computer off.
  42. Jan 28, 2015
    THE BEST COMPETITIVE GAME OF ALL TIME, and one of the best FPS off al time
    Counter Strike is perfect you can play 5000 hours and you need to player more and more
  43. Jan 27, 2015
    It's globally offensive in the way of micro transactions for customisations the game play is just as bad as any other counter shyiet game.

Weapons have some absurd cone of fire and the models that are meant to represent an action just don't correlate to what is actually happening when the gun model is firing it's a detached game just like the other crapper strikes. Graphically it's

Graphically it's ok but gameplay just sucks
  44. Jan 24, 2015
    Besides describing this game as a true hack-fest, it is the proof that Valve doesn't give a sh*t about video games anymore. And it is the most over-hyped competitive game ever.

Ballistics are way AWOL. Some pistols sharing the same caliber as an SMG will do more damage than their counterparts, and somebody can basically survive with up to 9 bullet wounds (eve, more) without, technically, losing all his blood.

And this is where its major problem is. It has no gameplay logic, because it is 15 years old. Someone can survive a headshot, aiming down the sight on specific weapons doesn't mean anything, so you'll come to think your barrel is just bent. So you're forced to shoot one bullet at a time, and then you'll face an enemy, either having an M4 (the only weapon with 100% accuracy), or maybe he's going crazy on his trigger, and by some magic luck he'll put a headshot out of nowhere, or he's one hacking b******.

Plus... Even pro players were caught cheating. I understand two reasons to this : the gameplay is broken, and it is not even protected. Valve Anti-Cheat is a pure joke.

And the competitive bans are just plain stupid. I paid for this game, I expect it to play whenever I want (and not getting banned because I had something more important to do), be protected against cheats, and have a decent ranking system (I always get ranked down, even when winning games with positive K/D).

So in a word... Thank you Valve for having Steam get you all the money you want (and having it ruin the PC games market by the way, why would I buy any AAA game at launch, since I'll get them 50% off three months later, so maybe the editors will stop making AAA games because they can't get the reward they deserve). And thank you for not caring anymore about what games should be, and ignoring your "fan-base" (or whatever you call it) with some dreams like Half-Life 3.
  45. Jan 23, 2015
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the best FPS games ever. It's not like Cod were you can spray and pray, because the game takes time to get good, or even moderately good at. I like the fact that you can't sprint. you have to take out your knife to run faster. Graphically it looks good, and it doesn't take a godly computer to play it. You will meet people in the game that areCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the best FPS games ever. It's not like Cod were you can spray and pray, because the game takes time to get good, or even moderately good at. I like the fact that you can't sprint. you have to take out your knife to run faster. Graphically it looks good, and it doesn't take a godly computer to play it. You will meet people in the game that are mean, and some that are really nice. As for the Competitive Ban, if you lose connection from the internet or you just have a bad computer, there should be a system that can tell weather or not you are leaving the game intentionally. There also needs to be a better Anti-Cheat system, because I will occasionally play with a hacker. I do like the system for banning the Hackers, "Overwatch" because it gives the people who are moderately good and better a chance to help the community by submitting the forum that they are or are not hacking. I am also not the best player out there. In conclusion I would say that CS: GO is worth $15, but some thing can be improved Expand
  46. Jan 8, 2015
    CS: GO is a competitive game, which is both fun and challenging. There are hackers in this game which they know where players are and also when you walk around a corner they shoot you before you can shoot them. If you do plan on playing this game, I recommend using ESEA to play with no hackers. But sadly with ESEA you cant rank up your account due to you would be playing on ESEA's private servers.
  47. Jan 7, 2015
    This is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire gaming experience! The controls and game mechanics are very simple. The visuals in this version of Counter-Strike is marvellous with clean resolution, and high quality textures and models. I have been sticking with Counter-Strike for years and the game is still a lot of fun. This is the kind of game I can never see myself stopThis is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire gaming experience! The controls and game mechanics are very simple. The visuals in this version of Counter-Strike is marvellous with clean resolution, and high quality textures and models. I have been sticking with Counter-Strike for years and the game is still a lot of fun. This is the kind of game I can never see myself stop playing. Great game for an great price! Highly recommended for non-Call of Duty players who are into first person shooters. Expand
  48. Jan 7, 2015
    A few years ago I wouldn't have even touched this game because it has a steep learning curve but last year I bought it on steam and I'm glad I did. It's a lot of fun. There aren't any classes or a level up system but it's pure tactical awesomeness.
  49. Jan 6, 2015
    Ban for bad internet connection, ban for kids shooting you in the team, ban for some problems with a computer, ban for some suddenly appeared business instead of cs, ban ban ban ban. Its very stupid. I payed my money and have a ban at this game for 7 days. I payed for playing.Then new ban next day unbanned. Extremely stupid game policy. Sometimes I think its a simulator of North Korea.
  50. Jan 4, 2015
    A great competitive game that can be great tactically. With new maps being added all the time along with custom servers there is endless replay value. The graphics are pretty average but do their job. Then there is the weapon skins: the reason most people play this game. An excellent money making mechanic by valve is the weapon skins as they vary so much and have played it well with theA great competitive game that can be great tactically. With new maps being added all the time along with custom servers there is endless replay value. The graphics are pretty average but do their job. Then there is the weapon skins: the reason most people play this game. An excellent money making mechanic by valve is the weapon skins as they vary so much and have played it well with the marketplace and being able to sell your skins and buy new crates. It's highly addictive and makes you want to play more to then show off your skins. Expand
  51. Jan 1, 2015
    It's like they took CS Source and tried to gear it to the most retarded people alive. It's basically a console version of CS Source. Do not buy this game. Buy CS Source.
  52. Dec 30, 2014
    Counter-Strike is the best shooter of all time, nothing will ever be as good. Skill based with proper teamwork, you'll never be the best so there's always a way to improve and always a reason to play.
  53. Dec 22, 2014
    Although this is counter strike, its not a good counter strike. This game is full of a bunch of call of duty players now, and the gun play is pretty bad. I miss the classic counter strike: source style. Sneak around, and have a good team strategy, now it's just run and gun, and have people threaten to ddos you for being good. This game could have been done way better, and it shouldAlthough this is counter strike, its not a good counter strike. This game is full of a bunch of call of duty players now, and the gun play is pretty bad. I miss the classic counter strike: source style. Sneak around, and have a good team strategy, now it's just run and gun, and have people threaten to ddos you for being good. This game could have been done way better, and it should have stayed true to the classic counter strike style. Expand
  54. Dec 21, 2014
    Boring gameplay. When you actually enter a gunfight your wasd keys become completely irrelevant as you CANNOT move around anymore. All you can do is aim at their torso and hope that you get lucky with the spray pattern of your weapon (so that you get a headshot). Repeat for 15-30 rounds and you get your victory/defeat screen. You can buy a sniper rifle or grenades and pretend that the gameBoring gameplay. When you actually enter a gunfight your wasd keys become completely irrelevant as you CANNOT move around anymore. All you can do is aim at their torso and hope that you get lucky with the spray pattern of your weapon (so that you get a headshot). Repeat for 15-30 rounds and you get your victory/defeat screen. You can buy a sniper rifle or grenades and pretend that the game is more interesting that what I just described above, but the joy ain't gonna last very long.

I assume this game is popular because it's cheap and easily accessible to people who haven't played any good fps games before, but it's probably not even worth that small amount of money.
  55. Dec 19, 2014
    I really want to recommend this game. It's a more immersive shooter than any of the Call of Duty series, and the way the game is made requires logical thinking and tactical strategies to win rounds with your teammates. When the game goes well, it's buckets of fun.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this game to newcomers. There are many reasons for this. First of all, unless you plan to mill around in deathmatch or the other lesser-played game modes (so anything but casual/competitive), you're going to die, a lot. And then you wait. You watch your uncooperative anonymous Russian teammates slowly break apart and lose the rounds in the most ludicrious fashion. If you can stand the game long enough to become half decent at it, you may find that you can often shoot someone in the head, literally tracing the bullet into their cranium, only to see that it doesn't register the hit due to the sub-standard 64 tickrate matchmaking servers and/or your West Country internet connection, thus falling victim to yet another unfair situation. If your internet connection is not the problem, you may try using ESEA or Faceit to play your competitive matches with. So you can pay more to play the game for no benefit other than to escape the crap quality of the standard servers, or faff about on Faceit, waiting for the afk team captains to pick maps, or the other team to cower away during the initial deciding knife round. After a few bad experiences, I've decided that Faceit isn't worth the hassle. Playing competitive also puts you in danger of not only numerous wallhackers, but mainly these things called smurfs. Put the image of the little happy blue creature out of you head: these are the players with a high rank than make second accounts to play against easier opponents. It's that simple, yet it's infuriating and game-destroying for us lower ranked players. And when you discover this in a competitive game, your only choices are to stay there and endure it, gradually losing your sanity, or take a competitive ban. If you're lucky enough to have decent friends, they may just kick you from the game, sparing you of either choice.

Having played almost 3 solid week's worth of the game in total, I have accumulated a wide friend group who also shares my pain, but we still play together for the social side. This is when I can recommend the game, if you've already played a lot of it and have many friends that also play the game. If you're new, and have less patience than a special forces marksman, you're going to hate this game. I hope that if you decide to play this game, you take my advice with a pinch of salt, as I am admittedly easily riled up in the heat of the moment, but if you too go ape, you only have yourself to blame.

Also, look out for skin collecting. I've been caught by it, it saps a lot of your money, and is literally an addiction. Not a good one like playing a great game or crack cocaine, one that's ultimately utterly pointless.
  56. Dec 9, 2014
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive is in my opinion one of my favorite games, because for one thing the game-play is very skill-based and competitive. The game has also added in skins for guns and knives, which has increased the player base by at least 200% and has made the game a lot more fun. I don't recommend this game for people who are VERY new to FPS's (First Person Shooters) andCounter Strike: Global Offensive is in my opinion one of my favorite games, because for one thing the game-play is very skill-based and competitive. The game has also added in skins for guns and knives, which has increased the player base by at least 200% and has made the game a lot more fun. I don't recommend this game for people who are VERY new to FPS's (First Person Shooters) and video games, because the game is very competitive and hard to master. Have fun! :D Expand
  57. Dec 8, 2014
    Even though Global Offensive is a shooter based on a very simple and monotonous concept (your goal is to basically kill your enemies and survive), the game has a steep learning curve and content that will last you for many hours of gameplay. What looks like a simple and boring game at first, is actually a FPS filled with many different strategies and teamwork. The game has since releaseEven though Global Offensive is a shooter based on a very simple and monotonous concept (your goal is to basically kill your enemies and survive), the game has a steep learning curve and content that will last you for many hours of gameplay. What looks like a simple and boring game at first, is actually a FPS filled with many different strategies and teamwork. The game has since release been improved massively (kudos to Valve for all the great updates recently) and the eSports scene of the game has grown by a large margin. Expand
  58. Nov 24, 2014
    Nice update to graphics, like most people here I've been playing since 1.6, played mostly source. I used to scout exclusively in source but GO has completely change accuracy, speed, zoom ... basically everything about the scout sucks now ... disappointed.
  59. Nov 19, 2014
    I play CS since CS 1.5 and I still love Counter-Strike.
    But CS: GO is absolute scrap. I think I play a mix of CoD, BF and CS. And not at all. The only thing that is good about the game and keeps the game running, is the matchmaking and the market-place.
    Without the two things that everyone would still play 1.6 and Source.

No thanks, nothing for me.
  60. Nov 12, 2014
    firstly id like to thank our lord and saviour gaben for blessing us with this game.

secondly dont play this game and expect to the best straight away. unless you have an extensive cs/competitive fps history you will get smashed in competitive mode. this game requires a multiple variety of different skills and above anything else patience to work within a team that some times will be working against you.

i see a lot of people complain that they cant just run around and hold down the mouse button, to you i say gb2cod/bf/halo. csgo and cs in general requires knowledge of each weapon and how that weapon behaves in certain situations.

if you're looking for a fps that rewards skill, knowledge and strategy then csgo/cs is for you.

the only down side to this game is the cheating and smurfing in comp mode. if valve could implement a better cheat detection system this game would be an 11/10.
  61. Nov 8, 2014
    Believe me when I say, the people giving the negative reviews are just mad that they can't become a Nova.

Valve's Counter Strike: Global Offensive really delivers in a way that's pleasing to us all. The mechanics are optimized to the fullest extent, and the weapons and equipment are properly balanced so there are no overpowered parts to the game. The game is great, and the mechanics are great. The only problem is that CS:GO is practically just a re-distribution of the graphics where they need to be. It brings lots of new things to the table, but even with that, it's just Source with a makeover.
  62. Nov 4, 2014
    The best online shooters saga history returns with an addictive great game and renovated with multiple modes and game options. The graphic draws attention especially on maps and are quite varied, recognize old maps with amazing quality graphics. The game is constantly updated with maps, passes, community contributions ... etc, extending the life of brutal game. Highly recommended if youThe best online shooters saga history returns with an addictive great game and renovated with multiple modes and game options. The graphic draws attention especially on maps and are quite varied, recognize old maps with amazing quality graphics. The game is constantly updated with maps, passes, community contributions ... etc, extending the life of brutal game. Highly recommended if you like shooters Expand
  63. Oct 31, 2014
    Ah, another attempt to replace the amazing Counter Strike mod from the Half Life days, ending with 1.6. Back in 2004 Counter Strike: Source (CSS for short) was released and people were amazed with the vast improvements. What improvements you ask? That's what we were all confused about back in 2004. Yes the game obviously looked far better now running on the brand new source engine, butAh, another attempt to replace the amazing Counter Strike mod from the Half Life days, ending with 1.6. Back in 2004 Counter Strike: Source (CSS for short) was released and people were amazed with the vast improvements. What improvements you ask? That's what we were all confused about back in 2004. Yes the game obviously looked far better now running on the brand new source engine, but what else other then that?

People were hesitant on switching over, as they had become accustom to the greatness of 1.6.

As people switched we realized they had removed much from the original game or had changed it so that it felt completely different. Now different isn't always a bad thing, but when you remove certain things, it can be.

But were not here to talk about CSS, were here to talk about the most recent installment of Counter Strike.

Now they have made vast improvements with the game, but it also suffers some major issues, at least in match making.

Once again Valve fails to put a region lock on another match making game, so we are playing with people from Brazil, Mexico, China and others. And i have mentioned in other reviews its not where the people are located is the issue (normally unless someone has 500+ ping and makes it so you cant even hit them) its the different languages that is the issue. CSGO is reliant on communication in competitive play to know where people are at, when they are rotating, when we see bomb and so on and so forth. When we cant make simple calls, it ruins the goal of the game.

Another issue is that CSGO is plagued with people using paid hacks, yes paid costing upwards to 120 dollars for a 6 month subscription so that they can beat you in match making. When you see someone on the other team spinning circles while running down long A and getting all head-shots you know its not going to be a fun game.

Many of the guns have been changed as far as spray patterns, damage, accuracy, and others which is okay, but i feel they are trying to hard to make every gun viable instead of balancing the most important guns.

Overall it makes vast improvements over CSS and CS Pro Mod, but it still has a way to go to live up to the original CS. If you get some friends that like playing and you do match making with them, you're sure to have a good time.
  64. Oct 29, 2014
    Coming from consoles over to PC shooters, I was expecting the same generic click-bang-dead games that I played on console. Counter-strike blew me away, such an immersing, strategic and intense shooter for competitive play.
  65. Oct 26, 2014
    For the amount of time that Counter-Strike has been available it's truly amazing how buggy and sloppy CS:GO is. Game breaking bugs that have been around for years remain unaddressed.
  66. Oct 25, 2014
    Eine starke Verbesserung zu dem Vorgänger "Counter-Strike: Source" - nach über 100 Spielstunden noch immer eines meiner am liebsten gespielten Spiele, in meiner Gesamten Steam-Bibliothek, dass zum Teil auch wegen dieser großartig witzigen Community!

Grafik/Graphics: 8/10
    Simulator Simulator 2914
    Mexican hating simulator 2914
    HAX SIMULATOR 3014
  68. Oct 15, 2014
    The worst game ever created by Valve. It's really a shame that the definition of pro-gaming-series has become what this is. Counter-Strike, once known to be a game in which skill, aim and reflexes decided over how good you are and if you win the match and in which you needed to put in hundreds or thousands of hours to gain experience has become a game made for people that have none ofThe worst game ever created by Valve. It's really a shame that the definition of pro-gaming-series has become what this is. Counter-Strike, once known to be a game in which skill, aim and reflexes decided over how good you are and if you win the match and in which you needed to put in hundreds or thousands of hours to gain experience has become a game made for people that have none of these skills. The only reason to buy this the fact that there are no more servers online for the real Counter-Strikes and it's really a shame the developers use this to sell a poor made game. You want a good gaming experience, the need to actually train to achieve victory and the possibility to dominate with skill? Then you should stay away from CS:GO and buy CS1.6 or maybe CS.S. If you want bad hitreg, lagg even tho your ping is low and all your experiences from older Counter-Strikes just being totally worthless, than CS:GO might be the game for you. Expand
  69. Oct 14, 2014
    Really good game i used to play alot of cs 1.6 before i moved to Cs:GO and i must say that it is a beautiful game all around. It has good graphics but the gameplay it's his forte. Especially the multiplayer the ranking system made the game alot more competitive . I recommend it
  70. Oct 11, 2014
    This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo,This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo, Call of Duty) you actually need skillZ in this game, you can't just charge up and hold down the trigger button and expect to win. YOU NEED SKILLZ TO KILL. So basically y'all modern day "gamers" are gonna get pissed and stuff cause it takes too much skillZ only a boss can play this game, not some modern "AAA" gamer. WARNING THIS GAME TAKES TOO MUCH BOSSNESS AND SKILLZ, NOT FOR THE WEAK MINDED 9 YEAR OLDS THAT OCCUPIES MOST GAME COMMUNITIES THESE DAYZ. Expand
  71. Oct 11, 2014
    The best entry in the counter-strike franchise. Every month or so they add new features to improve the core gameplay, such as different colored markers for your teammates on the minimap, the ability to see their weapons above their heads in spawn, the ability to throw grenades different lengths, etc. If you can handle the problems innate with any competitive online shooter (dickheadThe best entry in the counter-strike franchise. Every month or so they add new features to improve the core gameplay, such as different colored markers for your teammates on the minimap, the ability to see their weapons above their heads in spawn, the ability to throw grenades different lengths, etc. If you can handle the problems innate with any competitive online shooter (dickhead teammates, latency issues and the occasional hacker) then you'll love it, especially if you put some time in to getting good.

Overall the most fun and satisfying competitive shooter I've ever played by far.
  72. Oct 9, 2014
    First Counter Strike game I've ever played, and albeit it had been a frustrating start getting used to the immense learning curve of the game, a couple of Youtube videos later and a bit of practice and I was fine. If you complain about how difficult the game is this is absolutely not, NOT Call of Duty. Excellent game and at a very reasonable $15.
  73. Oct 5, 2014
    Counter-Strike: global offensive is a greatest fu**up valve has ever made. Client of the game is full of bugs, servers dont count shots, matchmaking is broken, nobody bans hackers, cases are greedy and overpriced. So its basically a fork of cs 1.6 with fancy graphics. Dont buy it.
  74. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. Hacker and there is no anti hack.
    Number one of all is hacker. Team killing is **** People like to kill their own team for no reason. So, Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. I agree with this The iBurger's comment with that. So yes, cheater is major one of all. This is why I stopped playing.
  75. Sep 27, 2014
    Very good game and gameplay. Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. Skins are pretty cool too but some can be very expensive(but cool too). There is also a matchmaking system which needs improvement but is playable.
  76. Sep 20, 2014
    First of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more playersFirst of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more players every month after 2 years...Maybe when it was released, game mazines couldn´t expect that, but after 2 years, this game should have a 85 or more in both scores... Expand
  77. Sep 16, 2014
    At first I didn't like it, but then they changed a lot of bugs, and annoying things that happened with this version, and the older ones. Now it's a pretty fun game, and you can use pretty much all the weapons, not just AWP, or Ak-47.

I am still a little sucker for the old CS 1.6 times, but this one definitely gave me the "I want to play more" feeling that I usually got from 1.6 4 years ago.
  78. Sep 11, 2014
    Want to play ? Too bad , there is a whole community of people unable to be humans . The game is the ultimate competitive shooter , far worse in many aspects than other AAA MP shooters , but because of its simplicity it makes a great fit for the competitive market . BUT the community , as every e-sport community , are not gamers - they are stats junkies that do not know how to play withWant to play ? Too bad , there is a whole community of people unable to be humans . The game is the ultimate competitive shooter , far worse in many aspects than other AAA MP shooters , but because of its simplicity it makes a great fit for the competitive market . BUT the community , as every e-sport community , are not gamers - they are stats junkies that do not know how to play with other human beings , new players , or generally other gamers . These people with bad language both writen and spoken and the abusive kick system bring this game from a clear 7 , to a 4 . Expand
  79. Sep 8, 2014
    By far the best Counter-Strike out there. Valve is really working for this game to become the best. They listen to the players. The matchmaking system is great and they have put all kind of customizable things in the game, like skins for the weapons. There's item drops. The competitive field has never been greater and there's some really big tournaments in this game.
  80. Sep 8, 2014
    This game is an experience. I've played cs for years and tried many other FPS, but always went back to cs.

There is something about Counter Strike that make me enjoy the gaming. 1. Great gameplay, if you are new, you might not like it, but keep playing and soon, you will be good enough to enjoy the game. 2. Skill. This is the game: skills, work on your aim, the spray pattern of the

There is something about Counter Strike that make me enjoy the gaming.

2. Skill. This is the game: skills, work on your aim, the spray pattern of the weapons, the hot spot...etc
    3. Matchmaking, a great idea very well implemented. You can be sure to play with people on your same skill range, and always be able to play, whatever the time, the place ( even on Christmas eve)!
    4. The community: The community brings new maps, new skin models.
    5. Again the community: in competitive mode, you can play with **** that are annoying, but that cs, so...BUT, also play with great teammate, that have fun and coordinate with you so you can win.
    6. The amount of weapons, there are tones of them, and all are different, choose wisely
    7. the modes. enough for me as I play only competitive and deathmatch

In overall, don't listen to the rage dude that could not event fire a shot and got raped on their first round, Counter Strike is hard game, not easy to understand and to master. But with time, you will, and you will enjoy fraggind like hell and putting bullets directly to the head of your opponent.

This game and definitely the best Multi FPS out there, and for long!
  81. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые[RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые оружия, новая озвучка. Одним словом-советую.
    [ENG]Counter-Strike is a great classic and Counter-Strike:Source was steep and magnificent. But when I went Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, I didn't play, but was what she kratai now I have it and I liked it. The graphics are great, music is awesome, all well drawn, the models look great. There are new modes, which I am grateful. New weapons, new voice. One word of advise.
  82. Aug 28, 2014
    A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite).A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite). The graphics are really good and don't strain your PC even on a low level gaming rig. The game is worth its $15 asking price, and seeing as how Valve constantly updates the game, its value surpasses the price. You'll find yourself being stuck in the addicting grind to get better weapon skins and to complete challenge missions to unlock more skins. I'd recommend for FPS fans who play on the PC and who are looking for a good competitive game. Expand
  83. Aug 23, 2014
    What is there to say? This is the old, addictive multiplayer game remade in high quality visuals.

New modes such as arms race and demolition are a fun addition to the game. New weapons such as the PP-Bizon, MAG-7 and incendiary grenades are fun to use - and offers much more deeper thought of strategy. Even now, CS(CS:GO) remains fun and addictive as a game where players can

New modes such as arms race and demolition are a fun addition to the game.

much more deeper thought of strategy.

Even now, CS(CS:GO) remains fun and addictive as a game where players can simply "jump in for a quick funtime" with bots or friends in a LAN or over the Internet. This is far more better than playing COD clones.
  84. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game that is updated regularly with new weapon skins and new maps, there has been a major upgrade a while ago that introduces lots of map that are new to CS:GO. It's also famous for competition and watching tournaments.
  85. Aug 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr than cod Expand
  86. Aug 16, 2014
    I found this game very lack lustre, I just felt like it was missing something, maybe some kind of other game mode. In general I got bored of this game quite quickly and found the gameplay a bit too out dated
  87. Aug 15, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. The gameplay is great and it controls great! not ever have I had a death in this game that felt unfair to me as when i play COD i eather die from some hidden attack or something. Gun Game is the most fun I had in a long time. Counter-Strike: GlobalCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. The gameplay is great and it controls great! not ever have I had a death in this game that felt unfair to me as when i play COD i eather die from some hidden attack or something. Gun Game is the most fun I had in a long time. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the most fresh counter strike game there is, go buy it now its only about $15. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gets a 8/10 Expand
  88. Aug 13, 2014
    I played since CS 1.6 and this Game is a Huge improvement.
    Better Graphics better Sound, Better Hostage System, better Weapon Balance and finally a good Hitbox.
    And some new Game modes that are Fun too
  89. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game. I lost (and i will) many hours in that game. Great graphics, beautiful new weapon skins with the old and good mechanic of counter strike series.
  90. Aug 8, 2014
    Global Offensive is not the original Counter-Strike, and although it's not that great, it's still good. Added some new game modes, changes the guns, added new features,... but keeps the core of its predecessor, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is some remarkable title in these days, when "Call of Duty" style shooter games rule the world.
  91. Aug 8, 2014
    Nova versão bastante melhorada. Gostei bastante. Só acho que falta uma campanha para jogar solo e os times possuírem mais integrantes, achei pouco apenas com 5 pessoas (muita influência de dota 2).

Nota: 8/10
  92. Jul 25, 2014
    Отличная игра,так же и в разделе киберспорт.Это,как говорил 400кг,отличная замена 1.6.Всё просто великолепно,добавили соревновательный режим.Почему же 7?Потому что в игре просто ужасная система банов в соревновательном режиме.Вас могут забанить на 7 дней даже за то,что вас часто кикали!Или если вы будете часто попадать по своим,то есть вы можете вообще случайно убить своего,и всё,7 днейОтличная игра,так же и в разделе киберспорт.Это,как говорил 400кг,отличная замена 1.6.Всё просто великолепно,добавили соревновательный режим.Почему же 7?Потому что в игре просто ужасная система банов в соревновательном режиме.Вас могут забанить на 7 дней даже за то,что вас часто кикали!Или если вы будете часто попадать по своим,то есть вы можете вообще случайно убить своего,и всё,7 дней бана!А так игра хорошая. Expand
  93. Jul 20, 2014
    I picked up counter strike go in the steam summer sale because I had a couple of friends that played it. I'm kind of new at pc shooters so I was kid of skeptical about getting it but I did anyway. I played some team deathmatch and it seemed kind of hectic so I decided to play casual for once by myself. Well that turned out to be a mistake because I got kicked once I had one bad round,I picked up counter strike go in the steam summer sale because I had a couple of friends that played it. I'm kind of new at pc shooters so I was kid of skeptical about getting it but I did anyway. I played some team deathmatch and it seemed kind of hectic so I decided to play casual for once by myself. Well that turned out to be a mistake because I got kicked once I had one bad round, which was in only my second match and like I said before I am new to pc shooters. I would have given this game a lot higher of a score if it weren't for me being kicked for pretty much being new to the game. It's not fair to new players and how exactly am I to learn how to play if I'm just going to get kicked while learning? They should fix the broken kicking system but for now I am giving the game a 0 just for that reason because it is unplayable to me. Expand
  94. Jul 18, 2014
    Sans doute un des fps incontournable sur pc . Même si la physique des balle est assez bizarre . Un système de marché est dispo sur steam pour personnalisé nos armes . Si vous aimé les fps arcade : vous aller vous régaler .
  95. Jul 15, 2014
    Tactical round-based FPS shooter. As a true fan and player of Counter-Strike 1.6 (3,534 hrs on steam record+LAN) I was a bit skeptical about my decision to move on GO, but I think I'm getting into it.
  96. Jul 9, 2014
    Counter Strike Global Offensive es un shooter que de verdad ah superado las expectativas en todos los sentidos, ah brindado una muy buena interacción de usuario y personaje, muy bien logrados los mapas antiguos y clásicos mezclados con la nueva esencia gráfica de este increíble juego y el diseño de las armas mas que espectacular, sobre todo las armas que incluyen mensualmente en laCounter Strike Global Offensive es un shooter que de verdad ah superado las expectativas en todos los sentidos, ah brindado una muy buena interacción de usuario y personaje, muy bien logrados los mapas antiguos y clásicos mezclados con la nueva esencia gráfica de este increíble juego y el diseño de las armas mas que espectacular, sobre todo las armas que incluyen mensualmente en la workshop actualmente. Un juego altamente recomendable por la gran cantidad de horas que tiene para ofrecerte. Un juego que de verdad mantiene esa esencia que todos disfrutabamos del 1.6 aún mejorada para que podamos pegarnos vicios largos de tardes o noches sin pensar en nada mas que matar, la verdad espectacular 9/10

Detalles extra: Me encantaron algunos detalles que han implementado que me sorprendieron bastante como el efecto de Zoom-in del Awp o de la Aug / SG. Muy bien logrado.
  97. Jul 6, 2014
    The game has the ability to be great, but the problem is its community.

No matter how hard you try, no matter how good you are, you are going to get **** This is a teamwork based game, of 5 vs 5, yet over 80% of your games will NOT have 10 players. You will constantly find people who are there just to make you lose on purpose. As it is now, it's a piece of **** game which will
    The game has the ability to be great, but the problem is its community.

You will constantly find people who are there just to make you lose on purpose.

As it is now, it's a piece of **** game which will only give you frustration and desperation.

Stay away from it if you don't want to get any heart disease.
  98. Jul 3, 2014
    I've played cs since 2002 and I must say this is the worst cs I've ever played. Things such as hit detection and anti-cheat valve should have industry standard for but they don't. They have taken out as many if not more features than they have added. They put in things into the game such as weapons skins to pray on the human impulse to buy "shiny rare" garbage. Competitive Match makingI've played cs since 2002 and I must say this is the worst cs I've ever played. Things such as hit detection and anti-cheat valve should have industry standard for but they don't. They have taken out as many if not more features than they have added. They put in things into the game such as weapons skins to pray on the human impulse to buy "shiny rare" garbage. Competitive Match making could have been in cs years ago and its riddled with cheaters, Literally people are paranoid in every match of cheating that they had to create a community watch program to search for cheaters. Pub match making will throw you into a game with 1 person a 30 bots on a random map that no one plays. I could go on about level design, ETC but ill just say this, Putting a little studio like Hidden Path Entertainment to create one of your flagship franchises really shows incompetence. Expand
  99. Jul 2, 2014
    minus the chatter boxes and nerd ragers, CS:GO brings competitive CS to the masses.

Game play is supreme, dynamic gun fights encounters galore!

Great job development team in bringing the popular custom maps and integrating them into something easily consumable.
  100. Jun 29, 2014
    This beats COD any day. Thank you Gabe and everyone at Valve. You guys have probably made one of the (if not the best) FPS of 2011... and 2012... and 2013... and 2014... You know, this could be the FPS of the decade.
  101. Aug 21, 2012
    It's an improvement over the original CS in terms of accessibility and game modes, but make no mistake, it's still the same game with a new coat of paint. This is either a good or bad thing depending on how you felt about CS in the first place, but I will say that it's showing its age.

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]