7.8

1. Dec 10, 2012
    A wonderful mix of both 1.6 and Source. If you liked either of those games or if you're looking for a more advanced, team-based shooter, this could(should) be it.

The only reason this game receives a 9.5 and not a 10 from me (rounded up on the metacritic scale) is because they released it too early with too many little features that make CS so loveable omitted. (tagging, flashlight, silencer etc)

After 300 hours of this (including beta), CS:GO has still not lost its charm on me. Weather I feel like playing GunGame, pubbing, some obscure mod, or playing competitively, this game always has something for you to do.

This game offers a really awesome competitive matchmaking system. You will sometimes get matched with baddies, but other than that, its a really cool way to introduce people to the competitive side of CS. It generally works well and it is primarily what I play. It is also nice to not have to pay for ESEA if you want to play semi-competitively. Once you increase your rank a bit, you will often be matched with like-minded people who want to win and will carry out strategies and be generally vocal in-game.

Mind the hate this game receives from 1.6 and Source players who can't fathom moving onto a new game. They have some sort of hard-on for disliking CS:GO without any legitimate reasoning to back it up. It's a great game and I would highly recommend it for both casual and competitive players.

9.5/10
  2. Sep 8, 2012
    CS:GO off the bat is a nice update to CS (having played since CS 1.3).

Pros: 1) Nice graphical tweaks to old and tired maps give the game a fresh feel. 2) A nice jump in and play system which makes it easy to get a server without the hassle of having to find one. 3) 2 new game modes off the bat, "Arms Race" is a simple gun game type scenario where as you kill, you get a new weapon,
    CS:GO off the bat is a nice update to CS (having played since CS 1.3).

Pros:
    1) Nice graphical tweaks to old and tired maps give the game a fresh feel.
    3) 2 new game modes off the bat, "Arms Race" is a simple gun game type scenario where as you kill, you get a new weapon, this is using a deathmatch system as well, so you will instantly respawn. "Demolition" changes this by setting out guns you unlock by killing enemies with your current weapon, and you can get bonus grenades by performing well in the round. Both new games are fun, and I have spent most of my time in GO playing them!

Cons:
    1) Locked down netcode! - Anyone who has played CS of any type in the past will have tweaked the netcode to suit their specific connection/computer/taste. Valve has locked the netcode down so much in GO that you cannot really fine tune your system. This is a big no no to me!
    2) Lack of maps - This may be something that will be addressed in the future through patches, but its the same old maps, and not many of them. You have Italy, Dust 1 & 2, Aztec, Office, Nuke & Train. In standard game play scenarios you will get bored of these pretty quickly! That said, the new game play modes have added rehashed versions of old maps (i.e a short version of train), but to me it feels like there isn't enough content on launch to keep the audience entertained.
    3) Ever changing models - As an old player of source, I got used to the colours of CT = blue, Terror = red (or brown!). However, with CS:GO each map changes the models, which isn't so bad in itself, however on some maps the models are so close in colour, you cannot tell them apart from any reasonable distance, which leaves me hovering over a player to ascertain whether they are on my own side or not....very frustrating!!
    4) The cross-hair - I like the old cross-hair, however I tried to use it and it seemed useless, so I now have to use the abomination that is the "new" cross-hair. You cannot change its colour (as far as I can tell) and it takes up so much room on the screen when your running around, its just annoying! It does seem to recognize friendlies, so that's why I'm using it. Overall, very poor!
    5) Clunky movement, and shocking physics - CSS may not have been the best 1st person shooter ever, but it felt fluid and smooth, however you come across GO and it seems very clunky, the players all run like they have a stick up their backsides and the physics are 10 years old (cannot shoot barrels now apparently!!).

That all said, the game is certainly entertaining. Better than CSS? No, but its certainly enjoyable, and with a few tweaks of the engine, some new content I'm sure it will be here to stay.

For the £12 I spent, I don't regret it, but if you are happy in CSS now, I would see the need to rush over immediately.
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    After the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few newAfter the huge success the Counter-Strike mod had for the original Half-Life, Valve bought the IP and made it a standalone game. Now 12 years later Counter-Strike is back with what is essentially a HD remake. Using the newest version of the Source engine the visuals are the best looking in a Valve game to date and by god are they pretty, even on the lowest settings. The game adds a few new maps, a couple of new guns and introduces a new, easier to use interface along with vastly improved matchmaking mechanics. If you don't own a Counter-Strike game already then his is the package for you but if you are already an existing fan then £16 for a graphical upgrade and a handful of new features may not be enough to sway your decision. Expand
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is amazing. It seems like Valve has listened to the fans complaints about how CS:Source modified the basic game-play of Counter-Strike and made this version a way more similar to CS:1.6. Just played the beta yesterday for the first time and bought the game without thinking twice. This one will be HUGE. Thank you Valve for DotA 2, thank you Valve for CS 1.6 and now thank youThis game is amazing. It seems like Valve has listened to the fans complaints about how CS:Source modified the basic game-play of Counter-Strike and made this version a way more similar to CS:1.6. Just played the beta yesterday for the first time and bought the game without thinking twice. This one will be HUGE. Thank you Valve for DotA 2, thank you Valve for CS 1.6 and now thank you Valve for CS:GO. Cross Platform will be sick! Expand
  6. Aug 22, 2012
    Great game, they took everything that needed to be changed with the old cs and made it better, while keeping all that makes the series fun and exciting true to Counter Strike. Love this game same great gameplay and style with great smooth graphics, highly recommend to any non elitist.
  7. Aug 21, 2012
    The game has much new guns, better graphics, new gamemodes and more. It didnt lose the typical CS-Style which makes it good. But there is one thing, which isnt good: MATCHMAKING The good thing is, it isn't peer to peer matchmaking, the bad thing: you can't use servers from the server browser for your statistics. What I also like, is that I don't have to unlock every gun! From theThe game has much new guns, better graphics, new gamemodes and more. It didnt lose the typical CS-Style which makes it good. But there is one thing, which isnt good: MATCHMAKING The good thing is, it isn't peer to peer matchmaking, the bad thing: you can't use servers from the server browser for your statistics. What I also like, is that I don't have to unlock every gun! From the beginning, everybody can buy every gun! You don't have to level up, or play against lvl 100- overpowered weapons! Overall its a good "remake" with good graphics. Expand
  8. Aug 21, 2012
    Awesome. Better graphics, new guns that have been update from CSS, and the game itself is similar to CSS, which in my opinion is a great thing. Hopefully with this release there will be a larger community than there already is for Counter-Strike. I'm not sure if it is similar to 1.6 as I have never played it. Anyways, great game and it's only $15.
  9. Aug 23, 2012
    I love this game! never played CS games before but CS-GO is the game i was waiting for. For 10$ i can only recommend it. Great positive is. You dont need high end machine to play it. Even old ati 3850 with 256mb of memory can handle this game on full hd with decent framerate.
  10. Aug 21, 2012
    In a way there's not a lot of point in reviewing this. It is the best counterstrike version by a wide margin, and the new modes such as arms race are face-melting-ly good. But if you hate counterstrike this won't change your mind.
    If you're an old school fan like me and you want it to feel new again like it did back in 99 then this is TOTALLY the game for you!
  11. Aug 22, 2012
    After playing source for a few years, I was delighted to hear the announcement of CS:GO and this game does not disappoint those who are familiar with the franchise. Global Offensive brings a range of new features that makes the game easier for those who want to learn how to play, the new 'Weapons Course' mode will help newbies get the hang of the very basics of the game while new modesAfter playing source for a few years, I was delighted to hear the announcement of CS:GO and this game does not disappoint those who are familiar with the franchise. Global Offensive brings a range of new features that makes the game easier for those who want to learn how to play, the new 'Weapons Course' mode will help newbies get the hang of the very basics of the game while new modes such as 'Arms Race' and 'Demolition' is targeted towards the more casual player. For anyone who is yet to play, this game is not your generic shooter and practice is a must! One of the huge disappointments to CSS and 1.6 is the fact that you had to use an external website to have a competitive match, this is not the case with GO as Valve has implemented a new 5v5 competitive mode which allows more experienced players to enjoy the Counter Strike series as they know it. Graphically the game has taken a huge overhaul and now looks better than ever with new lighting effects, an intuitive new buy menu and a hud that is more efficiant than any of the previous games. However in comparison to other modern shooters, the graphics are not perfect but who has ever played CS for its graphics?

The movement speed is different to previous games and will take a little bit of time to get used to as well as the new hitboxes which I used to disagree with but after many patches in the beta, Valve have constantly tweaked the game to what the community want to see. Your old favorite weapons are still there including the AK, M4A4 (don't worry its pretty much the M4A1) and the AWP as well as new weapons such as the Nova, Tec-9 and Molotov/ Incidinary grenade all feel at home and take little time to get used to. As usual, the map design is incredible and it is a pleasure to see your old favourites re-designed to suit the game. Barely any important locations have changed but Valve are still able to give them all a new fresh feel. The new maps that are featured in Arms Race and Demolition are not my scene but suit the style of game mode that they are for. During the beta there were invisible walls above the maps which prevented players from using the old nade spots however I believe that Valve has now patched this.

The game servers are solid and over the 100+ hours that I have already played, I have disconnected very little and to be fair it was probably my fault not theirs. The only critisism I have is that I have seen no evidence of servers matching your skill level with others, this creates a problem when professionals with plenty of hours of play are joined with a team of beginers who think it is a great idea to join a 'Competitive' game. This causes a lot of rage quiters and when you end up playing a full game, you will notice your team emptying for a few rounds before others join. Valve has left the game highly moddable for the community to create their own servers and game modes if they so please and I look forward to seeing what modders can do with the game. Zombies is already confirmed as a mod for the game. Overall the game is awesome and I know that I will play 1000+ hours for the next few years. It is definately still a Counter Strike game and anyone that is a little sceptical is either a 1.6 player who refuses to change the way they play or you need to give it a little more time. And for $15 how can anyone go wrong?
  12. Aug 21, 2012
    Some people say this game is like source, I would say it's more like 1.6, and 1.6 is the best! But this game really gets up to par with 1.6. I highly recommend this game. It really captured the essence of 1.6!
  13. Aug 21, 2012
    Tengo el juego desde el 16 de agosto y me ha parecido muy bueno, cuando me envicio en un juego es cuando me doy cuenta de lo bueno que esta. Llevo 35 horas jugadas y no me decepcionó. Además doy por echo que las cosas que le faltan (linterna, silenciador. etc.) vendran con las actualizaciones. Jugabilidad: exelente, algunos se quejan, pero yo creo que es más realistaTengo el juego desde el 16 de agosto y me ha parecido muy bueno, cuando me envicio en un juego es cuando me doy cuenta de lo bueno que esta. Llevo 35 horas jugadas y no me decepcionó. Además doy por echo que las cosas que le faltan (linterna, silenciador. etc.) vendran con las actualizaciones. Jugabilidad: exelente, algunos se quejan, pero yo creo que es más realista que nunca, pegar heads con metralleta es algo q puede pasar. Tecnologia: 10 puntos. Estamos hablando de Source. En mi opinion el mejor motor grafico de todos, a pesar de tener sus años, si fisica es la mejor. Graficos: No es un Cod pero un gamer no aprecia su juego por este punto. Sonido: exelente pues gracias al Source engine 2012 Innovación: Como trato de seguir la misma linea que los anteriores, no trae muchas cosas nuevas, hasta ahora, algunas armas y mapas. Pero esto con las futuras actualizaciones ya se verá! MUY RECOMENDABLE! Expand
  14. Aug 21, 2012
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value!

People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day. This game improves on the CSS graphics and maps, the added match making needs a few improvements but its good to fire off a 5v5 competitive game which normally you had to PUG for. The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of
    $15 for this classic remake is huge value!

People myself included bought Half-Life for the CS mod back in the day.

The weapon changes I don't think where needed, but it's ok. And makes for a new set of things to figure out and test. Lots of the old players don't like change it's as simple as that, instead of seeing it as a challenge.

The graphics COULD be better, but again its $15 and they targets multiple platforms and markets, they want the game to play for everyone and thats what it does, everyone in CS world wants huge amounts of FPS, so they get it with a bit less detail here and there. The main thing lacking I would say is tessellation or parallax mapping. Apart from that it's a much nicer looking game over CSS.

$15! its a steal for such fun multiplayer action, now with more game modes added in and maps.
  15. Aug 21, 2012
    Like most Valve games, just outside the game takes a while for updates, what I mean is that I give the game still not finished, as the CSS in 2004, there were many changes that were improvements to make a better game. Well, this counter-strike I give my thumbs up, pretty good, new signs (if you kill him through) new weapons, new tactics grenades ... Updated graphics ... etc ... and yetLike most Valve games, just outside the game takes a while for updates, what I mean is that I give the game still not finished, as the CSS in 2004, there were many changes that were improvements to make a better game. Well, this counter-strike I give my thumbs up, pretty good, new signs (if you kill him through) new weapons, new tactics grenades ... Updated graphics ... etc ... and yet also with the help of the community with the beta testers and those changing hands They were exposed in the game along with hidden patch, the oldest in the series. Finally, a game kills hours, the FPS simplest but most entertaining I've ever seen, at a very affordable price. Thoroughly recommended. Expand
  16. Aug 21, 2012
    This is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'mThis is Counter-Strike. If you don't like Counter-Strike, GET OUT. The three negative reviews expected something other than Counter-Strike. I could never get into Counter-Strike because of how you are either a total noob at the bottom of the scoreboards or a pro who can kill the entire team in 5 seconds. And it takes hundreds of hours of boredom to get good. In CSGO, that all changes. I'm actually having fun. The graphics are the best Valve has done, the UI is very clean, and the new voice acting is actually pretty good. The recoil and hit detection changed, and now instead of dying as soon as I see an enemy I actually use cover, throw grenades, and more. It's a much more active game. The new maps are the best ever made in Counter-Strike. They are very vertical, which encourages flanking, tactics, risk vs reward, and more. The Arsenal Demolition mode is possibly the best idea ever for a game. The inexperienced have a chance of fighting back against pros, because AK47s and P90s deals more damage than a P2000. The pros feel a sense of accomplishment and play just to see how far they can go. I don't care much for the gungame (A CS original, CoD stole it), but it's rather well done. The new weapons and balancing really make the 12 year old game feel brand new. I didn't care much for the casual mode, as it is only very small changes. And, IT'S $15. IT'S 1/4 OF THE PRICE OF A NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME, AND IT OFFERS SOMETHING THEY DON'T HAVE (GOOD CORE GAMEPLAY). If you want Counter-Strike, don't hesitate to buy it. Expand
  17. Aug 22, 2012
    I have been having a ton of fun with this game. It's a big upgrade from CSS. The guns feel amazing and the graphics are fantastic! I can't get enough of the new Demolition mode! If you need a reason own a PC and a Steam account, this is it. It's only $15, and all planned DLC is going to be free. FREE! Go get this right now!
  18. Aug 21, 2012
    Great game. Very similar to CSS but for only 15$, who's complaining? The gameplay in myy opinion is better than CSS because of the added gun recoil and enhanced visual. Overall an awesome. game.
  19. Aug 21, 2012
    Quite simply, this feels like a reskin of CS:S. Sure some backend stuff may have changed but to me as a player, it feels the same. This leaves the game in an awkward sort of limbo between old and new with fancy graphics that, if anything, make the outdated gameplay stand out more than ever. This may be hard to picture, so I will liken it to this: imagine your dad rocking up to yourQuite simply, this feels like a reskin of CS:S. Sure some backend stuff may have changed but to me as a player, it feels the same. This leaves the game in an awkward sort of limbo between old and new with fancy graphics that, if anything, make the outdated gameplay stand out more than ever. This may be hard to picture, so I will liken it to this: imagine your dad rocking up to your birthday party, dressed like all your friends. The cover can only last so long which is, in this case, until the moment after you buy the game and play your first match.

If you really love CS, but for some reason cannot play CS:S without improved graphics, get this. If you are new to the series, don't buy it or you will just end up feeling lost, hurt and confused like that first girl at the party to approach your dad.
  20. Aug 21, 2012
    It's an improvement over the original CS in terms of accessibility and game modes, but make no mistake, it's still the same game with a new coat of paint. This is either a good or bad thing depending on how you felt about CS in the first place, but I will say that it's showing its age.
  21. Aug 24, 2012
    After all the pressure from my friends and co-workers to get on CS I gave the pre-order a try. I'm not overly impressed. A good game for those with very short attention spans. Maps are tiny and exactly the same as previous games. Casual games are usually filled with 2 or 3 players who are insanely good and the rest are just canon fodder. No real way to compete with the best players.After all the pressure from my friends and co-workers to get on CS I gave the pre-order a try. I'm not overly impressed. A good game for those with very short attention spans. Maps are tiny and exactly the same as previous games. Casual games are usually filled with 2 or 3 players who are insanely good and the rest are just canon fodder. No real way to compete with the best players. Lacks any kind of single player element or even objective goals. Sure there are hostages to rescue and bombs to plant but no one ever does that. Also spawn camping in Arms Race is too easy and the regular modes are one death and game over per round. Pretty boring. Waste of 15 bucks IMO. Expand
  22. Aug 23, 2012
    This is basically CS: Source with less features (no sprays, no flashlights, not many graphic options....) and worse graphics. Graphics are worse because they added way too much bloom and fog and all that crap that makes you see less and you cant turn it off. The game is cheaper then CS: Source because it is worse then CS: Source. If you already have source you are basically throwing 15$/10
  23. Sep 1, 2012
    The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also,The only up about this game is it is cheaper than Counterstrike Source. But there is a reason for that: It was not developed by Valve. Valve might have given a few pointers but it was not enough. This game is iffy at best on hit detection compared to Source. The art style is a mix of Counterstrike Source and maybe TF2, not sure but it strikes me odd and doesn't look good at all. Also, adding bloom to everything does not equate to better graphics. Simply replacing textures in Counterstrike Source with high-res ones will make an older game look better than this one.

Onto gameplay, very bad. Hit detection is bad, gun balance is not there, hitboxes seem to not work often enough. The radial buy menu is horrid for quick navigation and a total time waster. I played on low-ping servers but have to say this game took the lessons learned from Counterstrike Source then threw them away and done enough things different for only the sake of change. The maps are proof of this, they are either the same but with bloom added to hurt your eyes or they are worse with little changes meant to spice things up but actually tone things down.

Many people who never played CS 1.6 or CS:S before will probably find this game alright at $15, I find it a waste of $15. Put the money to something better, catch BF3 on sale at $30 and you will get much much more. This game is shaping up to be a failure and echoes of the beta show a team that only patches the game for sake of keeping up appearances.
  24. Aug 21, 2012
    The game is only half complete. I will speak from a casual and competitive side of the game.

First the casual side. The game was suppose to come out with a zombie mode. They decided to early release the game and put in zombie mode later. The lack of flashlight. The lack of tagging/flinching makes newbie/casual players unable to out smart a professional gamer with perfect aim. This results in a game where aim > placement, position, and strategy.

The competitive side. The game sound is impossible to pinpoint exact player location. The lack of tagging and flinching. The money reward is messed up. $900 per p90/shotgun kill. Only receiving $50 for awp kills.

Overall a lot of the community was ignored on the forum. They pushed a game out that wasn't complete. A huge disappointment for a 1.6 player. The game is still definitely an improvement over source.
  25. Aug 21, 2012
    If anything, this games shows how outdated Source engine is, even though it's supposedly latest build. Some maps (like inferno) actually look much worse than in CS:Source, and all weapons have sort of rubbery look, none of them looked like stamped sheet metal they're supposed to be. In other words, this game seems to have zero pixel shaders, although lighting looks good here and there.If anything, this games shows how outdated Source engine is, even though it's supposedly latest build. Some maps (like inferno) actually look much worse than in CS:Source, and all weapons have sort of rubbery look, none of them looked like stamped sheet metal they're supposed to be. In other words, this game seems to have zero pixel shaders, although lighting looks good here and there.

The game? Game is same. That same game we've played 12 years already. And it's showing its age. Few new guns and hundred more polys on some maps doesn't really make any improvements: A considerable improvement would have been to remove extinct gameplay mechanics, such as "being dead", because what felt okay in 2000, doesn't make sense today anymore. Why am I watching other people play while being dead? Give me a knife, stick, or bomb, or play as a unarmed hostage, but let me PLAY. I didn't buy this to spectate others for 2/3 of the time.

I imagine this version appeases some more hardcore fans, but for rest of the world, that game remains in annals of history and has no business being back, unless some fundamental things are changed.
  26. Aug 21, 2012
    This game suffers from a few fatal flaws.

1) No ironsights. Yes, I know it's a "feature" of the CS brand. But it's dumb. 2) Headshots or bust. They might as well just make all the player models a floating head. There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle. Giving an advantage for headshots is to be expected
    This game suffers from a few fatal flaws.

1) No ironsights. Yes, I know it's a "feature" of the CS brand. But it's dumb.

2) Headshots or bust. They might as well just make all the player models a floating head. There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle. Giving an advantage for headshots is to be expected -- but the gap shouldn't be this big. 3) Hit reg. It's terrible. Obvious hits will do zero damage at times. I'll probably keep playing for a bit, but I don't see long term viability here. The things I listed above are just way too annoying for me to enjoy this for too long.
  27. Aug 25, 2012
    I play CS online since 1.3 after the release of CS:S i thought it cant getting worse, but here it comes.. CS:GO. This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod. Its like NFS:Shift or OPF:DragonRising. All this games have on togehter, they failed to be continuation of the old game. If they named into 'Global Offensive' thats ok, but please dont call it Counter-Strike.I play CS online since 1.3 after the release of CS:S i thought it cant getting worse, but here it comes.. CS:GO. This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod. Its like NFS:Shift or OPF:DragonRising. All this games have on togehter, they failed to be continuation of the old game. If they named into 'Global Offensive' thats ok, but please dont call it Counter-Strike. Everone who said CS:COD is absolutly right. Expand
  28. Sep 14, 2013
    At first i was a little skeptical being a source fan but i actually came to like this game playing classic competitive mode with friends. its painfully frustrating when your loosing but its invigorating when your playing well. making this game was a bold move by valve considering the large css community but they pulled it off really well.
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    Arguably the best Counter-Strike ever made this version keep the core of the game-play that made the first version popular and add features and innovations that make it really great.
  30. Dec 19, 2013
    CSGO may be hated but it really is one of the best FPS ever made. The maps have been updated, the weapons have been updated and the economy has been updated. All this gives variation to a formula that has gone stale and boring. Everything from the map design, weapons and even economy all has been blended together to make a balanced and fair experience. Sure it may be hard but that'sCSGO may be hated but it really is one of the best FPS ever made. The maps have been updated, the weapons have been updated and the economy has been updated. All this gives variation to a formula that has gone stale and boring. Everything from the map design, weapons and even economy all has been blended together to make a balanced and fair experience. Sure it may be hard but that's because you need to analyse every single detail of the game. The community is great. There are videos to help you out on the obscure things like the physics of grenades. Also the game modes are great You have a casual mode, this gives you extra money at the start and more than five people can join. There is now a competitive match making system which works well. There is the chaotic deathmatch and arms race which always rewards your kills with a better weapon. Demolition is mode with small maps and only has one bomb site which makes a more concentrated experience. Skins for weapons and drops can be found at the end of the game or by watching pro games in their fantastic GOTV app or just buy it is used by valve to entice casual's into the competitive scene. Valve has had added so much, but there are down sides. Firstly there are three weapons that are really OP Scar-20, Negev and the P90 which is over used. The other down side it that all three of these weapons are used so much in death match as you have access to them at all times without buying them. Finally is the drop system. The drop system is fine and dandy but I see no reason to buy a key. There is a key that is used to open a case. In the case you get a randomly generated weapon. Firstly why do I have to buy a key? The game doesn't randomly drop it. You have to buy it. Why can't I just buy the weapon myself when there is a great chance I will be getting a useless skin that has no value in the CS:GO market. This is why cases are worth around 3p-5p in the market. This game is great. But valve needs more improving to do. Expand
  31. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is unbelievably competitive, addicting, fast paced, fun. If you like a game that is really requiring your skills, this is the game that you wanted.
  32. May 24, 2014
    When it came out it was full of bugs and simple.
    Everyday I'd get here with an update to download, and each update the game would go better.
    Awesome gameplay, servers, badges, etc.

Recommended for sure! Addiction guaranteed! (mostly on competitive matches!)
  33. Jul 9, 2014
    Counter Strike Global Offensive es un shooter que de verdad ah superado las expectativas en todos los sentidos, ah brindado una muy buena interacción de usuario y personaje, muy bien logrados los mapas antiguos y clásicos mezclados con la nueva esencia gráfica de este increíble juego y el diseño de las armas mas que espectacular, sobre todo las armas que incluyen mensualmente en laCounter Strike Global Offensive es un shooter que de verdad ah superado las expectativas en todos los sentidos, ah brindado una muy buena interacción de usuario y personaje, muy bien logrados los mapas antiguos y clásicos mezclados con la nueva esencia gráfica de este increíble juego y el diseño de las armas mas que espectacular, sobre todo las armas que incluyen mensualmente en la workshop actualmente. Un juego altamente recomendable por la gran cantidad de horas que tiene para ofrecerte. Un juego que de verdad mantiene esa esencia que todos disfrutabamos del 1.6 aún mejorada para que podamos pegarnos vicios largos de tardes o noches sin pensar en nada mas que matar, la verdad espectacular 9/10

Detalles extra: Me encantaron algunos detalles que han implementado que me sorprendieron bastante como el efecto de Zoom-in del Awp o de la Aug / SG. Muy bien logrado.
  34. Nov 19, 2014
    I play CS since CS 1.5 and I still love Counter-Strike.
    But CS: GO is absolute scrap. I think I play a mix of CoD, BF and CS. And not at all. The only thing that is good about the game and keeps the game running, is the matchmaking and the market-place.
    Without the two things that everyone would still play 1.6 and Source.

No thanks, nothing for me.
  35. May 19, 2013
    When this game got released, I was able to see the community "splitted": one who complained that CS was perfect as it was, and the other that it was a great innovation. I personally don't care which side is right, because, to me, this game is basically what the original CS should have done. And that is, to be more user friendly. Yes I also played the original CS (although just CS:S) and IWhen this game got released, I was able to see the community "splitted": one who complained that CS was perfect as it was, and the other that it was a great innovation. I personally don't care which side is right, because, to me, this game is basically what the original CS should have done. And that is, to be more user friendly. Yes I also played the original CS (although just CS:S) and I knew why it was good: it required skills in aiming, in timing and you needed team work, but it failed on the learning curve which was INSANE. Most of the matches were "Arena" based (there was also demolition but I rarely did it, while gungame was rare), and this was how I played: I entered, I walked in, I died from a headshot from an Ak-47 from an enemy at the other side of the map, I waited for my team to lose so I could respawn....this wasn't funny. Did I suck? Yeah of course, but I had no way to learn since I would die once I was alive! That's what this game did right: you finally can learn how to play, you can FINALLY play without fearing of dying after 10 seconds you've stepped in...and I started to enjoy! While this might be a rant in a way, what I'm trying to point out is that while it has no real innovation (just graphics and the interfaces), it's also much easier to learn and even newbies like me can go in, play and just try to have fun without being obsessively scared of dying! Of course, you can still play the original method as well, but it's all up to you to choose and you can easily try it once you've mastered it enough. Aside the fact of the innovation, it has also other benefits anyway: the maps are still good to this day, with almost no possibility for camping or hide perfectly, both because it requires a HUGE amount of aming, and in Deathmatch the respawns are random, so you can easily die anytime if you don't move. I believe we got less weapons now, but more "balanced" in a way, although I can't be totally sure since in the original game I couldn't buy due to the my lack income of money. For flaws, in my opinion, I still hate the hitboxes being clunky and very sporadic to hit (like I said, I might suck on this...but I would miss enemies even at blank point range, while for some reasons I was able to headshot with my shotgun. From the other side of the map!!!) and some weapons aren't exactly perfect and in the end people use few of them in total. All in all, I really enjoyed this game and for the first time I was able to play a Counter Strike game and have fun, without however neglecting the old community and giving us all the modes we used to play, plus some customizations. I might be a bad CS player for liking the "friendly" way this game approaches...but personally, if a game isn't fun and it's just made of frustration and constant complaining, it's not worth of my time and I easily quit it. A good remake, with a good learning curve this time. Expand
  36. Jan 24, 2015
    Besides describing this game as a true hack-fest, it is the proof that Valve doesn't give a sh*t about video games anymore. And it is the most over-hyped competitive game ever.

Ballistics are way AWOL. Some pistols sharing the same caliber as an SMG will do more damage than their counterparts, and somebody can basically survive with up to 9 bullet wounds (eve, more) without, technically, losing all his blood.

And this is where its major problem is. It has no gameplay logic, because it is 15 years old. Someone can survive a headshot, aiming down the sight on specific weapons doesn't mean anything, so you'll come to think your barrel is just bent. So you're forced to shoot one bullet at a time, and then you'll face an enemy, either having an M4 (the only weapon with 100% accuracy), or maybe he's going crazy on his trigger, and by some magic luck he'll put a headshot out of nowhere, or he's one hacking b******.

Plus... Even pro players were caught cheating. I understand two reasons to this : the gameplay is broken, and it is not even protected. Valve Anti-Cheat is a pure joke.

And the competitive bans are just plain stupid. I paid for this game, I expect it to play whenever I want (and not getting banned because I had something more important to do), be protected against cheats, and have a decent ranking system (I always get ranked down, even when winning games with positive K/D).

So in a word... Thank you Valve for having Steam get you all the money you want (and having it ruin the PC games market by the way, why would I buy any AAA game at launch, since I'll get them 50% off three months later, so maybe the editors will stop making AAA games because they can't get the reward they deserve). And thank you for not caring anymore about what games should be, and ignoring your "fan-base" (or whatever you call it) with some dreams like Half-Life 3.
  37. Oct 24, 2013
    I'd write more about this but..... im in que sooooooo. CSGO= ADDICTIVE, INCREDIBLY FUN, FANTASTIC GAMEPLAY AND EXECUTION. THIS GAME COMES 2nd ONLY TO DOTA 2 WHEN IT COMES TO COMPETITIVE ONLINE PC AND I PLAY A LOT OF
  38. Oct 31, 2013
    As someone who's never played any of the other Counter Strikes this game is awesome. The skill required to play the game is tremendous, and the learning curve is never ending. You have to strive to actually get better, not just unlock stuff, which for many players who have braved the COD and Battlefield generation is a nice breath of fresh air.

Of the things I enjoy, the competitive

Of the things I enjoy, the competitive mode is what really stands out. 5 vs. 5, winner takes all matches, there is nothing better in gaming. You and your team have to actually work together to get stuff done, and most players take it seriously, which is nice. You will have bad matches, and the matchmaking can get frustrating, particularly being placed into a match where most people are of higher rank than you, but for the most part matches are typically even and both teams have an equal chance of winning.

The other game modes are fun and can help you learn how to play the game but I haven't played them all that much so it's not my place to talk about them. Arms race is one that's particularly fun and can help you learn how to handle all the weapons, but you wouldn't find me playing it anywhere near as much as I would competitive mode. Fun and helpful but not where the meat is.

I could go on about everything but that's not really my place. It works as it is, and for $15 you will be hard pressed to find a better bargain for the amount of fun this game will allot you. I wouldn't recommend it for your typical casual gamer, and there really isn't anything else besides the multiplayer component, but it's fun. Would recommend for anyone who's competitive or wants something new with their gaming.

~Sir Provost
  39. Dec 11, 2013
    The graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on anotherThe graphics are cool, gameplay is nice, but the services are terrible. The game crashes for me, and doesn't matters how many fixes I look for on the internet, the crashes never stop. This has been a known problem for a long while, and Valve never cared to look at it. The Competitive Matchmaking can sometimes take nearly 20 minutes, and can sometimes can throw you in a server on another country with a ping of 200, if the server has hackers or too high ping you can't leave it because the penalties for leaving a competitive game are atrocious (even if it was not your fault, like if the power went down or something like that happened. Yeah, the system can't see a difference if you were disconnected due an external influence, or if was your decision to click on the Exit Game button). The game has a lot of potential, but I am frustrated enough that I could ask Valve for a refund, if I could. Expand
  40. Jan 19, 2013
    The only thing good about CSGO are the slightly improved graphics and easy game find function, but that is all. CS1.6 was amazing when it came out. Then CSS was weird at first but eventually was just awesome. Finally CSGO comes out and I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed some parts of this game but overall the gameplay feels like a broken CSS.
  41. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is so much fun, the series was great and still is. Looking forward for the next release and it is very well priced as well. very well done developpers and thank you
  42. Sep 4, 2013
    While the game is fun and addicting, it seems way too different that CS: Source and CS 1.6, if you're going to play a CS game for the first time, go with CS: Source, then pick this up and compare.
  43. Apr 26, 2013
    Good remake with nice graphics but with so little new features sadly. I belive that valve could add something surprising and fixed the character movement, that is so artificial.
  44. Jul 20, 2013
    The Counter-Strike:Global Offensive is a great game the Counter-Strike:Global Offensives are well improve with it's new models,weapons,game modes,maps and game play. But the problem is the weapon draw sounds are the same and the old maps are not featured in the new generation of Counter-Strike.
  45. Dec 1, 2013
    To get it short, i expected something more than just the same content just with better graphics. Yes, the game is cheap but still. Its still the same old CS 1.6 just with some minor changes here and there. If you didnt like the predecessors there is no reason to like GO.
  46. Sep 10, 2013
    This game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this gameThis game, like the earlier games in the counter strike series is just great. It keeps all he competitiveness and skill that was involved in counter strike source. But keep in mind, this game is mainly a big reskin of source with a few new upgrades that make it a bit more interesting, for $15 you can't go wrong. I still personally prefer Counter strike source to this game, but this game definitely does come close, GO BUY IT! Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    Valve didn't make many changes to this game, but if they did, it was for the best.

Overall a very balanced yet not noob-friendly mutliplayer experience.
  48. Nov 29, 2013
    Counter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is reallyCounter-Strike Global Offensive brings almost everything that CS 1.6 brought when it came out.Classic CS maps,weapons, better sound quality, better graphics and more came together to re-create the Counter-Strike 1.6 atmosphere.For me this game is good and is the best CS game played untill now by me...I need to be honest and say that I'm not a huge fan of the series but this one is really good!The high frequency of updates and why not cammos and in-game items will give a long life to this game just like Team Fortress 2. Expand
  49. Nov 8, 2013
    The release of custom skins and weapons was a great addition that attracted alot more people into the servers and into the competitive mode as well. The game is great and is updated many times., the community is awesome and the developers listen to their suggestions and some are really introduced to the game. However, the only downside I seem to find is the level of hackers in theThe release of custom skins and weapons was a great addition that attracted alot more people into the servers and into the competitive mode as well. The game is great and is updated many times., the community is awesome and the developers listen to their suggestions and some are really introduced to the game. However, the only downside I seem to find is the level of hackers in the competitive lobbies at higher levels ranks It's almost impossible to not find a lobby with a hacker on your team or the opposite team. Expand
  50. Nov 28, 2013
    Great sequel to CSS, Good Graphics, game-play, competitive atmosphere is deeply endowed in what is one of the greatest FPS series of all time, only issue is Valve's incompetency in getting rid of hackers but always in line to create 90 new skins, the hacker base has grown in the past few days and I've seen at least 1 in my games every single day, casual or MM.
  51. Feb 21, 2014
    Nope. Sorry valve, but as much as it pains me to say this, I don't like this game. Let's get started right away. The hitboxes suck. Like, really bad. It's a known issue but to my knowledge it has not been dealt with yet, which is unacceptable, considering how bad they are. One time I had a famas and I hid next to a crate and 3 guys walked by and I opened fire at their legs and they allNope. Sorry valve, but as much as it pains me to say this, I don't like this game. Let's get started right away. The hitboxes suck. Like, really bad. It's a known issue but to my knowledge it has not been dealt with yet, which is unacceptable, considering how bad they are. One time I had a famas and I hid next to a crate and 3 guys walked by and I opened fire at their legs and they all dropped dead with like 1-2 leg shots each. The new maps are almost all terrible, and the ones that are good are only good when the teams play it properly. The best map is vertigo, which is this 3 level building map. Some of the low points of this map include the fact that when you fall of the side, you die halfway down the decent. Most maps are ugly and alot of them are basically a source map with a few textures and tiny things like trash bins and stuff added in. The game is very shiny, but in a bad way, it's like they wanted it to be playable on 2007 hardware, but also be able to look great on 2012 hardware. The result is a game playable on low hardware, but with terrible graphics even cranked up. Not that anybody plays with bots, but the AI for them sucks anyway. One easy-medium, if they see you they literally point your gun at you and pause for like a half second, and in a game where reflexes win 70% of the battles, its more than enough time to kill them. Some weapons do way to much damage, like the awp. If you shoot a guy in the foot with an awp, it can easily be lethal.

The good point(s) are a few tiny things that don't really matter, but if I'm giving this a 2 it need something, so basically the 2 good points are 1. The fact that if your playing as CT's and you start on vertigo you see the chopper that landed you there take off and 2. the fact that in multiplayer you can't be a one man team (to an extent, honestly if your in the right place with a longer ranged rifle or other weapons that go unusually far, you can pick off like half a team before you get hit in the leg by a lucky smg round that instantly kills you.
  52. Jan 21, 2014
    Speaking as someone who's only other FPS experience is TF2, CS GO was pleasantly surprising as i have not been foddered up by embarrassingly easy **** Everything, From the difficult but satisfying recoil on every gun to the fact that all the classic mode levels (except Office) are perfectly balanced without being asymmetrical. Valve have once again raised the bar for tactical FPS.
  53. Oct 26, 2014
    For the amount of time that Counter-Strike has been available it's truly amazing how buggy and sloppy CS:GO is. Game breaking bugs that have been around for years remain unaddressed.
  54. Mar 26, 2014
    The game is really really good. Would have given the game 10 but i hate the micro transactions. The game has earned so well that all the items should have been free. Otherwise, well balanced weapons. The AWP really feels like a proper high caliber gun because you hit the enemy on any part of the body, he is bound to die. The side arms are a major improvement as they don't feel weakThe game is really really good. Would have given the game 10 but i hate the micro transactions. The game has earned so well that all the items should have been free. Otherwise, well balanced weapons. The AWP really feels like a proper high caliber gun because you hit the enemy on any part of the body, he is bound to die. The side arms are a major improvement as they don't feel weak anymore. Top notch weapon skins etc. One of the best multiplayer games i have ever played Expand
  55. Mar 11, 2014
    This is the first Game in the Counter Strike Genre i have played.
    Playing alone in competetive is fun but has it's downsides, and thats why i would advise everyone to play with a couple of friends, or a team for that matter.
    and with a low price point at 10 € i have so far gotten 100 hours out of it and im sure i'll play it alot more!
  56. Mar 16, 2014
    It's very competitive and also renovated in comparison with older versions, with very good gameplay.
    One thing I really love is the fact of don't need to have a huge computer power, but I think it can enhance graphics a bit for those people who have a better GPU.
  57. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game that is updated regularly with new weapon skins and new maps, there has been a major upgrade a while ago that introduces lots of map that are new to CS:GO. It's also famous for competition and watching tournaments.
  58. Apr 1, 2014
    This is a great game, although when playing Casual in Defuse, just about everyone plays Dust 2, and that gets very annoying, I am very sick of this map now, but apart from that, a good game overall! Could have more modes (campaign where you could complete online with others? Like steam friends?)
  59. Oct 16, 2014
    Simulator Simulator 2914
    Mexican hating simulator 2914
    HAX SIMULATOR 3014
  60. May 17, 2014
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and playCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is clearly the best FPS currently on Steam, but not the best FPS on PC, it is Battlefield 4 on Origin. In short, this game does not necessarily differs from traditional FPS, it is the sequel to Counter-Strike: Source, but, apart from the graphics, there is not much difference between the two versions of the game short , FPS has an excellent buy, and play quietly for hours! Expand
  61. Jun 3, 2014
    Counter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and givesCounter-Strike is THE game.I really don't realize why ppl plays CoD or stuff like that... those games are just random. thats why there's no e-sports anymore around them. Counter-Strike has been the best FPS since its release on 2k. I'd like to see mm servers on 128 ticks and not just 64 which really cracks the game.. btw on lan and private servers this game is really addicting and gives the adrenaline that every game should give, especially talking about fpses. I'm enjoying this game and always will. thanks counterstrike for keeping alive esports despites League of Legends and CoD **** alike. Expand
  62. Jun 4, 2014
    10/10 ruined my life, but there is some wall hackers and aimbotting. but the overwatch system takes most of them out.
    and for the price of 11 euro. it's awesome
  63. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing I'v played cs 1.6 for 6 years cs:s for 1 year and cs:go bout 1 year and I quited cs 1.6 bcus of cs:go :) this game is jsut amazing I cant stop plaing it bcus tis fun there is comeptetive and skins u cna trade open cases ant othe rfun stuf os I recomend everybody buing it :)))

-SDC OUT
    Peace!
  64. Aug 8, 2014
    Global Offensive is not the original Counter-Strike, and although it's not that great, it's still good. Added some new game modes, changes the guns, added new features,... but keeps the core of its predecessor, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is some remarkable title in these days, when "Call of Duty" style shooter games rule the world.
  65. Jun 21, 2014
    Nice game! Buy all! Very good gameplay, matchmaking and skins!
  66. Jul 2, 2014
    minus the chatter boxes and nerd ragers, CS:GO brings competitive CS to the masses.

Game play is supreme, dynamic gun fights encounters galore!

Great job development team in bringing the popular custom maps and integrating them into something easily consumable.
  67. Aug 13, 2014
    I played since CS 1.6 and this Game is a Huge improvement.
    Better Graphics better Sound, Better Hostage System, better Weapon Balance and finally a good Hitbox.
    And some new Game modes that are Fun too
  68. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome game. I lost (and i will) many hours in that game. Great graphics, beautiful new weapon skins with the old and good mechanic of counter strike series.
  69. Aug 28, 2014
    A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite).A very good tactical / team-based shooter. I've grown to like Counter Strike over games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game has a great balance of weapons with an abundance to choose from. None of the maps feel one-sided and you'll probably be finding your niche on each specific map. There are multiple gamemodes aside from the obvious Competitive gametype (my personal favorite). The graphics are really good and don't strain your PC even on a low level gaming rig. The game is worth its $15 asking price, and seeing as how Valve constantly updates the game, its value surpasses the price. You'll find yourself being stuck in the addicting grind to get better weapon skins and to complete challenge missions to unlock more skins. I'd recommend for FPS fans who play on the PC and who are looking for a good competitive game. Expand
  70. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые[RUS]Counter-Strike это великая классика, а Counter-Strike:Source была крутой и великолепной. Но когда вышла Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, я в неё долго не играл, но представлял какая она крутая.И вот сейчас она у меня есть и она мне понравилась. Графика отличная, музыка потрясающая, всё хорошо прорисовано, модельки выглядят отлично. Появились новые режимы, чему я благодарен. Новые оружия, новая озвучка. Одним словом-советую.
    [ENG]Counter-Strike is a great classic and Counter-Strike:Source was steep and magnificent. But when I went Counter-Strike: Global Offensife, I didn't play, but was what she kratai now I have it and I liked it. The graphics are great, music is awesome, all well drawn, the models look great. There are new modes, which I am grateful. New weapons, new voice. One word of advise.
  71. Sep 20, 2014
    First of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more playersFirst of all...All the qualifications of this game are bad...because Valve has done something that it didn´t happen in all the games...and it is upgrade it...New guns, new maps, new events...They have modified some guns and some maps and now are better equilibrate...Now is one of the most sell games in PC every week after 2 years...The community is still growing and there are more players every month after 2 years...Maybe when it was released, game mazines couldn´t expect that, but after 2 years, this game should have a 85 or more in both scores... Expand
  72. Sep 27, 2014
    Very good game and gameplay. Cheaters are a VERY big problem currently and that is what made me stop playing. Skins are pretty cool too but some can be very expensive(but cool too). There is also a matchmaking system which needs improvement but is playable.
  73. Oct 11, 2014
    This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo,This game is possibly one of the BEST and most SKILLZ requiring multiplayer shooter game. When I talk about skillZ I'm not just talking about in game clicky skillZ. I am talking about strategical/mental skillZ. You can be super good at headshot or dragging, but if you can't strategize or work with your team you are screwed in this game. Unlike most modern day "AAA" games(Battlefield, Halo, Call of Duty) you actually need skillZ in this game, you can't just charge up and hold down the trigger button and expect to win. YOU NEED SKILLZ TO KILL. So basically y'all modern day "gamers" are gonna get pissed and stuff cause it takes too much skillZ only a boss can play this game, not some modern "AAA" gamer. WARNING THIS GAME TAKES TOO MUCH BOSSNESS AND SKILLZ, NOT FOR THE WEAK MINDED 9 YEAR OLDS THAT OCCUPIES MOST GAME COMMUNITIES THESE DAYZ. Expand
  74. Oct 9, 2014
    First Counter Strike game I've ever played, and albeit it had been a frustrating start getting used to the immense learning curve of the game, a couple of Youtube videos later and a bit of practice and I was fine. If you complain about how difficult the game is this is absolutely not, NOT Call of Duty. Excellent game and at a very reasonable $15.
  75. Oct 25, 2014
    Eine starke Verbesserung zu dem Vorgänger "Counter-Strike: Source" - nach über 100 Spielstunden noch immer eines meiner am liebsten gespielten Spiele, in meiner Gesamten Steam-Bibliothek, dass zum Teil auch wegen dieser großartig witzigen Community!

Grafik/Graphics: 8/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Community: 10/10
  76. Nov 8, 2014
    Believe me when I say, the people giving the negative reviews are just mad that they can't become a Nova.

Valve's Counter Strike: Global Offensive really delivers in a way that's pleasing to us all. The mechanics are optimized to the fullest extent, and the weapons and equipment are properly balanced so there are no overpowered parts to the game. The game is great, and the mechanics are great. The only problem is that CS:GO is practically just a re-distribution of the graphics where they need to be. It brings lots of new things to the table, but even with that, it's just Source with a makeover.
  77. Nov 12, 2014
    firstly id like to thank our lord and saviour gaben for blessing us with this game.

secondly dont play this game and expect to the best straight away. unless you have an extensive cs/competitive fps history you will get smashed in competitive mode. this game requires a multiple variety of different skills and above anything else patience to work within a team that some times will be working against you.

i see a lot of people complain that they cant just run around and hold down the mouse button, to you i say gb2cod/bf/halo. csgo and cs in general requires knowledge of each weapon and how that weapon behaves in certain situations.

if you're looking for a fps that rewards skill, knowledge and strategy then csgo/cs is for you.

the only down side to this game is the cheating and smurfing in comp mode. if valve could implement a better cheat detection system this game would be an 11/10.
  78. Jan 1, 2015
    It's like they took CS Source and tried to gear it to the most retarded people alive. It's basically a console version of CS Source. Do not buy this game. Buy CS Source.
  79. Jan 27, 2015
    It's globally offensive in the way of micro transactions for customisations the game play is just as bad as any other counter shyiet game.

Weapons have some absurd cone of fire and the models that are meant to represent an action just don't correlate to what is actually happening when the gun model is firing it's a detached game just like the other crapper strikes. Graphically it's

Graphically it's ok but gameplay just sucks
  80. Feb 27, 2015
    This for me is not only the worst fps game I've ever played but quite possibly could be the worst game I've ever played in general. I don't even know where to start with the amount of problems that exist in it. The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable. The skill curve in comparison to past counter strikes is far lower. I constantlyThis for me is not only the worst fps game I've ever played but quite possibly could be the worst game I've ever played in general. I don't even know where to start with the amount of problems that exist in it. The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable. The skill curve in comparison to past counter strikes is far lower. I constantly see people running sideways, backwards and forwards while shooting and hitting heads whereas people that sit still and shoot in bursts or tap with their rifles hit 1/3 of their shots. As if that wasn't bad enough but no there's more.. The game is filled with cheaters that plague even the highest ranks of the game. Valve seems happy to allow the game to continually go on sale so that more scumbags can buy new accounts and almost get the game for free because of how ridiculously cheap it already is anyway. People seem to just be allowed to stack accounts to cheat on and get away with it for months at a time before valve actually bans them. They seem to have introduced this overwatch system which quite frankly is totally useless because it gives the people on overwatch almost ZERO responsibility in the end outcome as to whether a person gets banned or not. The guns are totally flawed as well. More often than not I see succesful eco rounds because of how easy it is to wreck someone at mid-close range with a pistol vs rifle. I cannot emphasize enough, please do not buy this game. It quite literally is the biggest disgrace of any fps let alone steam game to have ever been released. I've played several hundred hours of it and just about every concept of the game I am disappointed with. Expand
  81. Nov 30, 2012
    Ok, guys. The game is better than I expected. Better graphic but the most important thing is the core gameplay is still remain the same. Bought at Steam worth $7! Definite must buy game...:)
  82. Nov 11, 2012
    I really love this game. The ELO team skill ranking really works and they keep making updates, so each time is better than before. Competitive mode is so nice... if u abandon 4 matches in less than a week, you get banned for 1 week. Best Counter Strike ever for only $15.

CS:GO > CS 1.6 > CS:Source
  83. Jan 19, 2013
    CS:GO is the game I always wanted Source to be. It is the successor to the original counter-strike in every way that source could never be. The physics are tighter. No more feeling like you're a marshmallow skating across ice. The recoil patterns are not as predictable. In source, you could spray without considering recoil, in CS:GO, much like the original counter-strike, you mustCS:GO is the game I always wanted Source to be. It is the successor to the original counter-strike in every way that source could never be. The physics are tighter. No more feeling like you're a marshmallow skating across ice. The recoil patterns are not as predictable. In source, you could spray without considering recoil, in CS:GO, much like the original counter-strike, you must understand the spread of each gun and counteract the recoil when you attempt to spray. The matchmaking works surprisingly well, especially as more people continue to get the game. In August, wait times for classic competitive were > 5 minutes. Today, they're about 30 seconds. With the skill ranking system games end up being pretty even, and with punishments for leaving the game early, people are generally inclined to play to win and be good teammates. There are, of course, some downsides. I think the balancing is wrong on a couple of guns, the P90 in particular stands out as being overtuned. This version of the P90 belongs in source, with no recoil and high damage output. You also get a bonus $300 per kill - a total of $600. However, there are other guns which have been made more useful. Duel Berettas are not a joke anymore, neither are the shotguns or the heavy machine guns. There is also the lack of officially supported maps. The maps we do have were originally created 10+ years ago, and some of those original maps aren't even in the game yet. It's disappointing to me that more official maps haven't been released yet for use in classic competitive mode. Incendiary grenades are also a bit of a nuisance. The high cost of purchase is of little concern when you're raking in $600/kill with a gun like the p90, and even though you can counter the incendiaries with a smoke, it still feels too powerful.

All that being said, I'm more than willing to put my full faith behind CS:GO and make the switch permanently from 1.6. As I said in the beginning of my review, it's the game I had always wished CS:S would be.
  84. Dec 21, 2014
    Boring gameplay. When you actually enter a gunfight your wasd keys become completely irrelevant as you CANNOT move around anymore. All you can do is aim at their torso and hope that you get lucky with the spray pattern of your weapon (so that you get a headshot). Repeat for 15-30 rounds and you get your victory/defeat screen. You can buy a sniper rifle or grenades and pretend that the gameBoring gameplay. When you actually enter a gunfight your wasd keys become completely irrelevant as you CANNOT move around anymore. All you can do is aim at their torso and hope that you get lucky with the spray pattern of your weapon (so that you get a headshot). Repeat for 15-30 rounds and you get your victory/defeat screen. You can buy a sniper rifle or grenades and pretend that the game is more interesting that what I just described above, but the joy ain't gonna last very long.

I assume this game is popular because it's cheap and easily accessible to people who haven't played any good fps games before, but it's probably not even worth that small amount of money.
  85. Jan 16, 2014
    everything perfect except people cheating playing in many games and not get banned, and I have a network issue and I got banned for 7 days, then another network issue give me another 7 days instead 30 min, 2 hours...
    I playin 25 rounds then my net fall and volvo give me 7 days always..
    fix that **** VOLVO
  86. Nov 8, 2012
    CS:GO is NOT an UPDATE to CS. CS:GO is an entirely new game. Spray patterns are different. Bursting is different. Hitboxes are smaller, models slightly bigger. New guns and new nades. Molotovs/Incid are naw great CC's and can change/hinder the flow of a rush. Smokes are extremely effective. This is a new counter-strike so play it as such
  87. Nov 18, 2012
    Valve does it again. In my opinion everything has improved. Gameplay hasn't changed much at all (and it shouldn't), the steep learning curve is still there, and seems more like 1.6 than source. The buy menu is much better, more convenient, and doesn't close down when you buy an individual item causing you to reopen it again and again. The weapons have been rebalanced so the over usedValve does it again. In my opinion everything has improved. Gameplay hasn't changed much at all (and it shouldn't), the steep learning curve is still there, and seems more like 1.6 than source. The buy menu is much better, more convenient, and doesn't close down when you buy an individual item causing you to reopen it again and again. The weapons have been rebalanced so the over used ak, m4, awp and desert eagle isn't the only thing you see now, but they still haven't lost their power. New items such as the molotov **** for stopping a rush and decoy grenades for fooling your enemies are nice new features. The small cons of the game are my opinion of course: the silencer for the m4 is gone, only can carry 1 flashbang instead of 2, and total lack of maps. Yes these are my only cons with the games. When I first bought the game, it wasn't very polished, but now it has very few glitches and bugs. Since it is Valve, we get free maps and content, meaning the silencer might come back whenever it wants to and new maps will pop up with time. If you are a veteran or noob to Counter Strike, Global Offensive DOES NOT disappoint. Great job Valve. Now...about that episode 3? :) Expand
  88. Nov 1, 2012
    After reading Pingman's review, i felt like i had to review this game. If you are comparing this game to Call of Duty, i suggest you leave because the games are nothing alike. Counter Strike Global Offensive is a new and improved version of the classic competitive FPS, and valve knows its only a facelift which is why they only charge 14.99 for it. Which is not what i can say for Call ofAfter reading Pingman's review, i felt like i had to review this game. If you are comparing this game to Call of Duty, i suggest you leave because the games are nothing alike. Counter Strike Global Offensive is a new and improved version of the classic competitive FPS, and valve knows its only a facelift which is why they only charge 14.99 for it. Which is not what i can say for Call of Duty, the 3-4 games with a different campaign, yet they charge 59.99? If you are a old CS player, having the original, 1.6 and source, then get this game, if you are a first timer to CS, give it a try. Its a blend of how competitive FPS should be like and the nostalgic feeling of an original game from the past. Oh guess what, the updates are free. And there are going to be alot of maps and modes coming out not to mention mods from the community. Expand
  89. Nov 14, 2012
    CSGO has yet again defined how a competitive shooter should be.
    Yes, it may not have reached the standard's of 1.6, however, thanks to Valve's promises of future updates, the future of CSGO shines brightly.

Fit for both Casual and Competitive player, as well as costing a shocking $15, it's a must buy for any fps fan.
  90. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is just terrible. What funny thing can you find there? Battlefield is good for graphic and battle with 64 players, Titanfall is interesting because of dynamic, Team Fortress 2 is great of his atmosphere, but there aren't any interesting in CS:Go
  91. Dec 22, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (aka CS:GO) is one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. You always feel like playing another round, and you always want to improve at the game and understand the game better. And improving at this game is unbelievably satisfying and rewarding, and being able to get around the complicated recoil system to pile up the kills is deeplyCounter-Strike: Global Offensive (aka CS:GO) is one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. You always feel like playing another round, and you always want to improve at the game and understand the game better. And improving at this game is unbelievably satisfying and rewarding, and being able to get around the complicated recoil system to pile up the kills is deeply satisfying. This game is incredibly hardcore, and requires skill more than anything. You can't just run up to people and spray bullets everywhere, as it'll get you nowhere. CS:GO takes patience, accuracy and good reflexes. Your heart will pound when you're the last man standing in your team, as everyone's eyes are on you from the spectator screens. Being able to win a match as the last man standing feels very rewarding, mainly because you were able to outlast everyone in your team and win. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a very fun and addictive game which will take away hours of your day again and again. Good luck trying to move your eyes away from the computer screen with this game; it's a very hard task. Expand
  92. Apr 8, 2013
    Ok this game is truly an AMAZING game. I found the graphics quite nice for a counter strike game. The price of this game is amazing for the content it has. The game isn't a very noob friendly game, but definitely easier to play than the past counter strike games. There aren't any hackers as far as I know thanks to Valve’s VAC Filter. Here’s a tip, if you’re new to Counter Strike IOk this game is truly an AMAZING game. I found the graphics quite nice for a counter strike game. The price of this game is amazing for the content it has. The game isn't a very noob friendly game, but definitely easier to play than the past counter strike games. There aren't any hackers as far as I know thanks to Valve’s VAC Filter. Here’s a tip, if you’re new to Counter Strike I recommend playing offline with some bots to train and then try to play with real players. Overall this game is very well made and fun, I highly recommend buying it. Expand
  93. Nov 11, 2012
    A different view to the CS series.Fast-paced gameplay ensures more fun,new mods that are never introduced in the previous games,improved graphics.In short its a worthy and fun addition to the legendary CS series.
  94. Dec 2, 2012
    tl;dr: CS:GO feels like 1.6, but looks pretty.

GO > 1.6 > 1.5 > CZ > A kick in the face > CSS A few weapons have been added/removed, but the repertoire is very much intact. I question the removal of silencers (M4A1 and USP had them in 1.6) but no big thing. Same with the tactical shield from 1.6 which I thought was a lot of fun. Decoy grenades, and incendiaries, have been added. It
    tl;dr: CS:GO feels like 1.6, but looks pretty.

GO > 1.6 > 1.5 > CZ > A kick in the face > CSS

A few weapons have been added/removed, but the repertoire is very much intact. I question the removal of silencers (M4A1 and USP had them in 1.6) but no big thing. Same with the tactical shield from 1.6 which I thought was a lot of fun. Decoy grenades, and incendiaries, have been added. It is very fun to throw a decoy and watch people scatter or take cover, and the incendiary is an interesting addition; it creates a blanket of flames that lasts several seconds, to stand on it or walk through it generally kills you.

Knifing feels a little faster, both in terms of click-to-damage time, and cooldown on the backswing; although I haven't timed it or anything so it could just be a feeling/animation difference. In any case, knife duels still work much the same and the skills are transferable. There are two definitely negative things about GO in my opinion:
    - The buy menu is now a confusing wheel that looks like it should be in a console game.
    - The "Quick Join" feature, just list the servers and let people pick. Anyone considering buying should be aware that several of the reviews below are, in my mind, incredibly inaccurate to the point that I feel compelled to comment on them;

"No ironsights." - I think this means that the writer expected something like Mass Effect, where you can hold down right click with any weapon and zoom in a little. CS has scoped weapons for zooming, and you crouch or walk to increase accuracy. CS attempts to be realistic, and the average terrorist does not have telescopic eye-implants.

"There's no point in having the body, because they've made it so that body shots are basically like a gentle tickle" - A short burst to the torso will reliably kill an enemy.

"Hit reg. It's terrible. Obvious hits will do zero damage at times"
    &
    "Forget about shooting 10-15 bullets straight from sitting position at middle-close ranged enemy aiming in the head - you'll miss unless enemy is VERY close."
    &
    "Just as bad as the old versions, with a hitbox that's just as inaccurate as them" - I have not found this to be the case, these people are probably just not very practiced at aiming, guns in CS have significant recoil and spread.

"You can't control even m4 recoil(I'm not saying about ak), don't even try, it's impossible."
    &
    "Much more of an 'uncontrollable' recoil." - Recoil is very much on par with all previous CS games.

"A considerable improvement would have been to remove extinct gameplay mechanics, such as "being dead", because what felt okay in 2000, doesn't make sense today anymore." - Part of the appeal of a competitive game is that if you fail, you are punished. If you succeed, you are not. If you were the first one to die, and it was an abnormally long round, you might be waiting as much as four minutes before respawning. In this time you can watch what other, non-dead players do, and try to learn from them.

"This title has nothing to do with Counter-Strike the Half-Life mod" - Except for the guns, objectives, maps, look & feel, player base, factions, and name.

"No real way to compete with the best players." - except by improving your own performance.

"Lacks any kind of single player element or even objective goals. Sure there are hostages to rescue and bombs to plant but no one ever does that." - As this comment itself states, there are objectives to complete on each map. I have never encountered people consistently ignoring these goals.

"Tons of HDR, bloom and motion blur, only to hide graphics bugs / glitches and make you feel like something fresh new" - Lighting is realistic, there is no blinding bloom or anything. Motion blur is only when walking while looking through a scope, I assume in an attempt to reflect how difficult it would be in reality to run around with a sniper rifle held to your eye.

"When moving around, it feels like your 'floating'" - Walking feels much the same as all previous CS games.

"the guns were highly unbalanced, the only guns worth using were the AK and the most powerful sniper rifle." - simply not true; there is a hierarchy of gun strength that correlates to the co$t, but almost every gun has a niche in which it would consistently outperform any other. "no matter how I put my settings I was getting about 15fps at any time." - get a better computer

"Maps: Totally remade with TONS of details. You can throw all your map knowledge to garbage" - I had no trouble instantly identifying every ported map. There are a few minor changes to some (eg; stairs leading from under the dust_2 bridge up onto it) but I am yet to find any which bother me.

"Also this walls you sweep before not penetrable now(or penetrable but not for most weapons)." - In 1.5/6 most guns could penetrate any surface, even blocks of concrete 10m thick; in GO, you can only shoot through softer materials such as wooden crates or doors
  95. Feb 11, 2013
    I've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly feeI've played counter strike on xbox, cs cz, and cs go. Don't let the cod, battlefield, or counter strike fanboys fool you this is a good game. It overs more weapon variety, map variety (with workshop), matchmaking to join matches easier), and better graphics than previous versions of cs. Plus valve didn't abandon it at all. They provide regular updates to balance the game. At a measly fee of $15 (cheaper than css) free dlc it is worth the money. Expand
  96. Jan 1, 2013
    This game is amazing like counter strike 1.6 but with new strategies ,weapons,a recoil more realistic, and good graphics. The change from cs 1.6 to gobal ofenssive is very hard but when you understand the game ,is amazing.
  97. Jan 21, 2013
    Valve aimed to improve on the CS series with this game and they did just that. Small tweaks add improvements and slight alterations to map designs fix what were uneven maps. This game as not advertised as a brand new game. It stays true to the feel and style of the previous titles. Since release, changes have continued as the dev team listens to the gamers and makes things even better.Valve aimed to improve on the CS series with this game and they did just that. Small tweaks add improvements and slight alterations to map designs fix what were uneven maps. This game as not advertised as a brand new game. It stays true to the feel and style of the previous titles. Since release, changes have continued as the dev team listens to the gamers and makes things even better. One fault currently is the lack of official maps, but these may be added in the future. Plus, the graphics look great. If your a fan of the CS games, you will enjoy GO. If you're not, give this game a shot and see if it's your type of play. They also added in different match making and play types including competitive play. These matches add another level of skill to the game and allow better organized clan play. Expand
  98. Jan 27, 2013
    Best game in a line of Counter Strike, a mixture of the two most popular online shooter in a wonderful game. Graphics by excerpts 2012 fine. I hope this game players are connected both games Counter Strike: Source and Counter Strike 1.6
  99. Feb 16, 2013
    The gameplay is, of course, CS-style yet it's quite different from both 1.6 and CSS which is not necessarily a bad thing. I see a lot of people complaining because it doesn't have the 1.6 feeling but that is fine in my opinion, I feel that every CS game is good and potentially competitive in its own way. If you're looking for something more "serious" than your average no-brain modernThe gameplay is, of course, CS-style yet it's quite different from both 1.6 and CSS which is not necessarily a bad thing. I see a lot of people complaining because it doesn't have the 1.6 feeling but that is fine in my opinion, I feel that every CS game is good and potentially competitive in its own way. If you're looking for something more "serious" than your average no-brain modern shooter then this game is for you. Expand
  100. Mar 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best FPS game since Call of Duty. Actually it is the best competitive FPS game ever, I strongly recommended everyone to play this game. It has more modes than counter strike 1.5, and more maps. Weapons are totally re-produced, new categories also introduced into this game. I must say thanks for the game company, well our dream game was saved and lasted. I will 100% buy the next expansion if there is. Expand
  101. Aug 30, 2012
    This is just what the Counter-Strike series has been waiting for. A modernization. However it feels incomplete with the lack of hostage maps (there is only 2), the gameplay is spot on, competitive, and fresh; while all staying true to the classic Counter-Strike experience. The new gamemodes Demolition and Arms Race are very fun if you are looking for a more fast-paced experience, and theThis is just what the Counter-Strike series has been waiting for. A modernization. However it feels incomplete with the lack of hostage maps (there is only 2), the gameplay is spot on, competitive, and fresh; while all staying true to the classic Counter-Strike experience. The new gamemodes Demolition and Arms Race are very fun if you are looking for a more fast-paced experience, and the new maps are sleek and good looking. This game is also standing evidence that the Source engine is growing and getting better, as the graphics are phenomenal. This game is an upgrade to the entire series in every way. It's still lacking hostage maps though. Since i trust Valve to add more hostage maps, I am giving this game this great rating. Collapse

Brilliant old-school shooter has convinced us that Counter-Strike franchise is in no way to be retired or forgotten. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    A fast, demanding shooter with a huge potential for the future. It's basically CS: Source, but the maps are more polished and the game looks better. [11/2012, p.64]
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    For a non-professional Counter-Striker, Global Offensive is just a cosmetic facelift, with re-run levels. [Sept 2012]