Aug 24, 2012It may lack some of the community niceties, beloved maps (Assault, anyone?), and little features of past games, but Global Offensive delivers on the promise of a faithful, polished, and better looking Counter-Strike for whoever wants it. Even if the community doesn't meet the golden standard of 1.6 and Source, CS:GO will remain a multiplayer classic for those willing to put in the time to learn the maps and weapons.
Aug 23, 2012CS: GO stands as a glowing reminder that quality game design is rewarded in longevity and variety. Valve has not only updated the shooter but has completely outclassed its contemporaries. This is Counter-Strike, whatever the format you choose to play it on, and there isn't a higher recommendation than that.
Sep 7, 2012When it comes down to it, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive may follow the same old formula of gameplay seen in previous versions of Counter-Strike, but it's still a well-rounded tactical shooter. It may not try anything drastically different or revolutionize the series by taking it in a new direction, but there's still enough there to appeal to newbies and hardcore fans alike.
Aug 27, 2012Global Offensive takes no chances and it's hard to tell who it was made for. Source and 1.6 players will feel at home with the tried and true CS mechanics and traditional game modes, but GO gives them few reasons to migrate, other than flashy graphics on a few of the old maps. Conversely, newcomers to the series will find Counter-Strike's steep learning curve rather discouraging.
Jul 6, 2013I love this latest iteration of CS!
Been playing the game for over ten years non stop.
I still love 1.6 even but GO is actually very good. AI love this latest iteration of CS!
Been playing the game for over ten years non stop.
I still love 1.6 even but GO is actually very good. A very nice refresh of this classic.… Expand
May 30, 2013Anger, frustration, humiliation, and just... pure RAGE online with other people who know the maps better than you and get killed OVER 30Anger, frustration, humiliation, and just... pure RAGE online with other people who know the maps better than you and get killed OVER 30 TIMES! I LOVE IT!… Expand
Aug 21, 2012This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns!This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)… Expand
Oct 14, 2014Really good game i used to play alot of cs 1.6 before i moved to Cs:GO and i must say that it is a beautiful game all around. It has goodReally good game i used to play alot of cs 1.6 before i moved to Cs:GO and i must say that it is a beautiful game all around. It has good graphics but the gameplay it's his forte. Especially the multiplayer the ranking system made the game alot more competitive . I recommend it… Expand
Nov 19, 2013I will start out by saying that I didn't play any of the previous CS games before this one. But I find that the game is very enjoyable. It oneI will start out by saying that I didn't play any of the previous CS games before this one. But I find that the game is very enjoyable. It one of those games that you can pick up after a hard day and find some relaxation in (if you can relax playing shooters). Constant game updates mean that new things are always being added. It is also fairly cheap ($15), and you can get a lot of gameplay out of it. The game balance is also pretty good, meaning that one side (Terrorists or Counter-Terrorists) does not have an advantage in terms of weapons that can be bought. This game does have things that need to be learned, especially if you are coming from a CoD background.… Expand
Aug 21, 2012It's an improvement over the original CS in terms of accessibility and game modes, but make no mistake, it's still the same game with a newIt's an improvement over the original CS in terms of accessibility and game modes, but make no mistake, it's still the same game with a new coat of paint. This is either a good or bad thing depending on how you felt about CS in the first place, but I will say that it's showing its age.… Expand
May 1, 2015So here's my verdict on the game.
Pros: - None. Seriously, I'm not joking. Cons: - Not tactical at all like everybody says. - NotSo here's my verdict on the game.
- None. Seriously, I'm not joking.
- Not tactical at all like everybody says.
- Not fun.
- Not addictive (why do people play this game for thousands of hours (literally)?)
- No aim down sights, which is disappointing for two reasons. A) It's the year 2015. Battlefield 2 came out in 2005, and that had aim down sights. Why is it that we don't have it 10 years on? B) In the trailer, right at the start (about 13 seconds in, or about 1:33 depending on which trailer you watch) a counter-terrorist is shown aiming at a terrorist. Why is it advertised, but not in the game? Surely that's some kind of false advertising.
- The are hardly any guns.
- The recoil is the same every time you shoot each weapon. Surely you could make it so that the pattern at least varies every so often?
- I quite like to see proper map names in a game, not file names like "de_dust2". Surely you could just make it say "Dust 2"? It makes the game look unfinished, if you ask me - it looks like it's still undergoing debugging.
- Costs too much money for what it is.
- The maps are absolutely tiny.
- The game feels generally unfinished. It feels like more development went into the cloth physics for the the molotov than any other part of the game.
- The micro-transactions make the game a f***ing abomination. It's like, "Yay, I unlocked a case!" but then you are told you have to pay money to buy a key to unlock something you just earned for free. What a f***ing rip-off. And why are knives so f***ing expensive? What is the point in spending so much money on something that's usage is in a minority compared to everything else that is used by the player? I'm just glad I haven't wasted any more money on this piece of s*** game.
Overall, I would not reccomend this piece of f***ing s*** game. I wasted my money on this game and all the other Counter Strike games. It says in the description of the game on Steam, "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 14 years ago". What has it expanded upon? F*** all! The game has been the same since f***ing 1999!
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME - it is a rip-off and is falsely advertised in the trailer(s). It looks and feels unfinished, which for a game released in 2012, and now we're in the year 2015, is not good AT ALL. I have absolutely NO idea why the reviews for this game are "Overwhelmingly Positive", because there is nothing good about this game!
0/10. DO NOT BUY.… Expand
- (11 views)