Aug 24, 2012It may lack some of the community niceties, beloved maps (Assault, anyone?), and little features of past games, but Global Offensive delivers on the promise of a faithful, polished, and better looking Counter-Strike for whoever wants it. Even if the community doesn't meet the golden standard of 1.6 and Source, CS:GO will remain a multiplayer classic for those willing to put in the time to learn the maps and weapons.
Aug 23, 2012CS: GO stands as a glowing reminder that quality game design is rewarded in longevity and variety. Valve has not only updated the shooter but has completely outclassed its contemporaries. This is Counter-Strike, whatever the format you choose to play it on, and there isn't a higher recommendation than that.
Sep 7, 2012When it comes down to it, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive may follow the same old formula of gameplay seen in previous versions of Counter-Strike, but it's still a well-rounded tactical shooter. It may not try anything drastically different or revolutionize the series by taking it in a new direction, but there's still enough there to appeal to newbies and hardcore fans alike.
Aug 27, 2012Global Offensive takes no chances and it's hard to tell who it was made for. Source and 1.6 players will feel at home with the tried and true CS mechanics and traditional game modes, but GO gives them few reasons to migrate, other than flashy graphics on a few of the old maps. Conversely, newcomers to the series will find Counter-Strike's steep learning curve rather discouraging.
Jan 2, 2013Feels very good. Good Movement, good weapon-behavior. I played 1.6 a little bit, never played source. I was more into fast-paced action, likeFeels very good. Good Movement, good weapon-behavior. I played 1.6 a little bit, never played source. I was more into fast-paced action, like Tactical Ops.
The thing that was always **** in CS was that your movement was horrible, it felt like coordinating a piece of concrete or a sack of potatos.
Now its perfect, really cheap price and cool gamemodes(Gungame ftw!)… Expand
Mar 16, 2013Overall a really good game, played it a lot and even got 3 buddy's that normally doesn't play FPS to like it.. But old fashion games thatOverall a really good game, played it a lot and even got 3 buddy's that normally doesn't play FPS to like it.. But old fashion games that still prefer 1.5/.1.6 may think its been too smooth ad pretty..… Expand
Aug 21, 2012This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns!This is the best Counter Strike TO DATE. They added two forms of gun game, excellent graphics, fun gameplay, a better buying menu + more guns! Defiantly worth the $15 (cheap!)… Expand
Aug 23, 2014What is there to say? This is the old, addictive multiplayer game remade in high quality visuals.
New modes such as arms race andWhat is there to say? This is the old, addictive multiplayer game remade in high quality visuals.
New modes such as arms race and demolition are a fun addition to the game.
New weapons such as the PP-Bizon, MAG-7 and incendiary grenades are fun to use - and offers
much more deeper thought of strategy.
Even now, CS(CS:GO) remains fun and addictive as a game where players can simply "jump in for a quick funtime" with bots or friends in a LAN or over the Internet. This is far more better than playing COD clones.… Expand
Aug 15, 2014Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. TheCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of my favourite FPS ever, hell the first FPS I ever played was Counter-Strike on the old Xbox. The gameplay is great and it controls great! not ever have I had a death in this game that felt unfair to me as when i play COD i eather die from some hidden attack or something. Gun Game is the most fun I had in a long time. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the most fresh counter strike game there is, go buy it now its only about $15. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gets a 8/10… Expand
Sep 8, 2012CS:GO off the bat is a nice update to CS (having played since CS 1.3).
Pros: 1) Nice graphical tweaks to old and tired maps give the gameCS:GO off the bat is a nice update to CS (having played since CS 1.3).
1) Nice graphical tweaks to old and tired maps give the game a fresh feel.
2) A nice jump in and play system which makes it easy to get a server without the hassle of having to find one.
3) 2 new game modes off the bat, "Arms Race" is a simple gun game type scenario where as you kill, you get a new weapon, this is using a deathmatch system as well, so you will instantly respawn. "Demolition" changes this by setting out guns you unlock by killing enemies with your current weapon, and you can get bonus grenades by performing well in the round. Both new games are fun, and I have spent most of my time in GO playing them!
1) Locked down netcode! - Anyone who has played CS of any type in the past will have tweaked the netcode to suit their specific connection/computer/taste. Valve has locked the netcode down so much in GO that you cannot really fine tune your system. This is a big no no to me!
2) Lack of maps - This may be something that will be addressed in the future through patches, but its the same old maps, and not many of them. You have Italy, Dust 1 & 2, Aztec, Office, Nuke & Train. In standard game play scenarios you will get bored of these pretty quickly! That said, the new game play modes have added rehashed versions of old maps (i.e a short version of train), but to me it feels like there isn't enough content on launch to keep the audience entertained.
3) Ever changing models - As an old player of source, I got used to the colours of CT = blue, Terror = red (or brown!). However, with CS:GO each map changes the models, which isn't so bad in itself, however on some maps the models are so close in colour, you cannot tell them apart from any reasonable distance, which leaves me hovering over a player to ascertain whether they are on my own side or not....very frustrating!!
4) The cross-hair - I like the old cross-hair, however I tried to use it and it seemed useless, so I now have to use the abomination that is the "new" cross-hair. You cannot change its colour (as far as I can tell) and it takes up so much room on the screen when your running around, its just annoying! It does seem to recognize friendlies, so that's why I'm using it. Overall, very poor!
5) Clunky movement, and shocking physics - CSS may not have been the best 1st person shooter ever, but it felt fluid and smooth, however you come across GO and it seems very clunky, the players all run like they have a stick up their backsides and the physics are 10 years old (cannot shoot barrels now apparently!!).
That all said, the game is certainly entertaining. Better than CSS? No, but its certainly enjoyable, and with a few tweaks of the engine, some new content I'm sure it will be here to stay.
For the £12 I spent, I don't regret it, but if you are happy in CSS now, I would see the need to rush over immediately.… Expand
Jan 6, 2015Ban for bad internet connection, ban for kids shooting you in the team, ban for some problems with a computer, ban for some suddenly appearedBan for bad internet connection, ban for kids shooting you in the team, ban for some problems with a computer, ban for some suddenly appeared business instead of cs, ban ban ban ban. Its very stupid. I payed my money and have a ban at this game for 7 days. I payed for playing.Then new ban next day unbanned. Extremely stupid game policy. Sometimes I think its a simulator of North Korea.… Expand
- (20 views)