Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. GoldenTroll
    Apr 20, 2008
    I just recent started playing CS:S, after CS 1.6 I quited because it was boring, and being Super Mario Bros generation person, I know boring. In my book this game scored big points on: hard to learn - big point, it won't get boring soon; never the same; real feel of guns; one life per game - remember the good old Quake 2? Running mindless because of no limit to lives in one round? I just recent started playing CS:S, after CS 1.6 I quited because it was boring, and being Super Mario Bros generation person, I know boring. In my book this game scored big points on: hard to learn - big point, it won't get boring soon; never the same; real feel of guns; one life per game - remember the good old Quake 2? Running mindless because of no limit to lives in one round? Strategy, team play and skill, awsome game Expand
  2. GabrielB.
    Apr 21, 2008
    I only can say: the best shooter in the world!!!!
  3. GeorgeK.
    Apr 26, 2008
    A very good game, but the quality could be made MUCH MUCH better.
  4. AlexX.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Counter-Strike Source is easily the most addicting game i have ever played in my life. Fast paced action, strategy, and loads of maps, as well as guns and gamemodes keep the action fresh for years.
  5. Jacob
    Apr 30, 2008
    Counter Strike Source is an instant classic. Just like the original it brings teamplaying FPS to a new level. Just as good as the original but made for modern day gaming. It's a SHAME that the magazine cridicts didn't give it a 10 as well!
  6. JoeK.
    May 11, 2008
  7. YermakirumY.
    May 10, 2008
    Very good game.
  8. PhilO.
    May 13, 2008
    Cause im evil... Idk 1.6 wins. I prefer unrealistic real life figures then cartoon looking people shooting at me.
  9. JoeK.
    May 13, 2008
  10. AhmadG.
    May 26, 2008
    Counter-Strike Source is very realistic graphic drawing in online game!!!!
  11. KristianN.
    May 4, 2008
    I love this game.
  14. GorgeS.
    May 6, 2008
    This game is awesome and it is really fun.
    May 6, 2008
    Despite the occasional errors this game has, it is a great buy. I've been playing for 3 years and it is still as fun (probably more) as when I begun.
  16. JohnH
    May 6, 2008
    Amazing game. Great gameplay, and the visuals were not shabby for a 2004 PC release. I highly recommend this to all gamers, and if you purchase it, zombiemod is the best mod out there!
  17. jasjang
    May 7, 2008
    Fair, because they could make it better.
  18. CodyLove
    May 8, 2008
    You know I'd masturbate right now...you know if I had my stuff.
  19. somegod
    May 9, 2008
    This game is perfect to play and enjoy. its realistic/ fun as hell. I don't know why tf2 got a better score i have the game and i only play it when I'm extremely bored. so ya.
  20. Zombie[Glawb.c.]
    Jun 18, 2008
    Its A Wery good game, `But` The servers don't be in Funcion ever time! Really Good Game Try it !!! And the zombie and predator servers running good.
  21. CallumL.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Great game what do I have to say anything else i guess um it cool and its got cool online play and it a great tactical shooter.
  22. dudedude
    Jun 21, 2008
    Pretty damn good its the best first person online shooter up to this date besides call of duty four only downside to it is that there is no single player or universal ranking system, only ranked by server.
  23. AxelE.
    Jun 2, 2008
    A Clear 10. I love the game much better graphic than 1.6. Its a great game for people like me, People who like war games.
  24. JohnSmith
    Jun 21, 2008
    This is a wonderful update to the classic Counter Strike 1.6. The graphics are incredible and the game play is quite fun. An advantage to this game, is the number of different servers, modifications and custom maps that are currently inplace alongside this game. This provides incredibly random and exciting game play for both new and veteran FPS gamers.

I highly recomend buying this

I highly recomend buying this game, it is well worth your money.
  25. PatC.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Great game all round. there are major problems with some aspects. (hitboxes for example)
  26. ChristophT.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Noob game. Everyone can make a HS in this crap game.
  27. AnthonyAwesomesauce
    Jun 3, 2008
    Counter-Strike is an amazing game and with plenty of servers to play on, there's never a reason to stop the fun.
  28. FrederikN.
    Jun 3, 2008
    Very nice game.. action, cool gameplay.. 10/10 from me.. NICE GAME.
  29. GamH.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Best PC action game ever. there are so many choices when it comes to servers. Theres custom skins and many other admin options. Theres zombie mod, gun game, surf, rpg mods, wcs, and many other custom made game types. by far one of my favorites no matter how long I've had it
  30. SrdjanT.
    Jul 11, 2008
    Hello! Counter Strike Source is one of the best games i know, in his category it is the best! Real gam fun, a lot of maps and the huge multiplayer servers and all de different game modes are phenomenal! Perfect!
  31. Vince
    Jul 1, 2008
    Great game, pretty easy to learn. It only took me a couple days to start PWNING. Think about it, Cod4 is $40, while Counter Strike Source is $20, plus, CSS is fun, random, and crazy. Theirs zombie mods and stuff. The only down side to it is how the people get so angry about stupid things.
  32. JohannesH.
    Jul 13, 2008
    Best online tactic game for teams ever gr8 job !!
  33. AxelD.
    Jul 14, 2008
    I love this game. It is, without a doubt, one, if not the best First Person Shooter (FPS) that I have ever played. Even though I came to the game for a "Tactical" shooter, and in no way is this game tactical per se, that doesn't even matter to me because of the addictive gameplay and un-noob friendly gameplay. Thus making me want to get better and better over time, right now I'm I love this game. It is, without a doubt, one, if not the best First Person Shooter (FPS) that I have ever played. Even though I came to the game for a "Tactical" shooter, and in no way is this game tactical per se, that doesn't even matter to me because of the addictive gameplay and un-noob friendly gameplay. Thus making me want to get better and better over time, right now I'm a mid range player with a bit of skill about 2 months in...purchase this game and try not to cry... Expand
  34. StuartE.
    Jul 16, 2008
    This is an awesome and addictive game. Lots of other people to play online. The zombie mod is a lot of fun to play. I find myself playing the zombie mod maps the most. Drawbacks ~ You have to play online meaning you can't play by yourself against a cpu unless you find a dedicated server for that. There are not a lot but there are quite a number of people who hack on the game to cheat This is an awesome and addictive game. Lots of other people to play online. The zombie mod is a lot of fun to play. I find myself playing the zombie mod maps the most. Drawbacks ~ You have to play online meaning you can't play by yourself against a cpu unless you find a dedicated server for that. There are not a lot but there are quite a number of people who hack on the game to cheat which is not fair. Expand
  35. JoeK.
    Jul 22, 2008
  36. WislawG.
    Jul 28, 2008
    This game is supperb. Now we get real FPS with realistic weapons and physics.
  37. JensN.
    Jul 3, 2008
    I think it is a super good game. I dont know any games, that can come up with the same graphics and so on, as Counter-Strike: Source. Really think it is the best game!
  38. AaronF.
    Jul 3, 2008
    This is one of my favorite online games. Actually I have no idea what people are talking about when they say this game is full of cheaters I've never played with a cheater in my entire life of playing CSS. And Campers? Rarely get in a game with campers.
  39. MikeL.
    Jul 30, 2008
    This game is pretty awesome.... but, it gets repetitive, and they still haven't removed the AWP from the category. (IMO) for this particular game, the AWP is way too over-powered for the way this game is built in statistics.
  40. MichaelE
    Jul 4, 2008
    This game is okay except that it has way too many problems. This game is in no way tactical and it's all just a run and shoot game. It's too noob friendly. 1.6 is where the tactical gameplay is.
  41. t0x1c
    Jul 7, 2008
    Well really in every shooting game (call of duty) people get mad for the gayest reasons.
  42. AlexA.
    Aug 3, 2008
    I am addicted to this game it is amazing... unless u have a lot of free time don't ever play this you'll be hooked for life!!!
  43. ChongW.
    Sep 21, 2008
    Its a best shooter game ever i have played in my life.And this version is good and not like CS 1.6... its ugly but i still have CS 1.6 in my computer.
  44. JackN.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Honestly the best FPS ever, it relies solely on the skill of the player. Scrimmages are the best, they never get old and playing with a team I find to be much more rewarding. It also builds your skill set a lot quicker. Some other GREAT games are UT3 and CoD4 but they lack the raw power of a Scrimmage, CoD4 has scrimmages but they do not have a fan/population base for it on Gamesurge Honestly the best FPS ever, it relies solely on the skill of the player. Scrimmages are the best, they never get old and playing with a team I find to be much more rewarding. It also builds your skill set a lot quicker. Some other GREAT games are UT3 and CoD4 but they lack the raw power of a Scrimmage, CoD4 has scrimmages but they do not have a fan/population base for it on Gamesurge scrim channels in IRC. Valve needs to fix there VAC engine because it is Garbage, same with Punk Buster and all the other anti cheat engines out there. I realize that it is probably very hard to build an anti cheat system, at least the VAC system prevents people from using older cheats and people have to go buy the good ones. Expand
  45. RobertT.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Awesome game, a lot of fun and easy to play... requires a great balance of skill, awareness and general reactions as well as incorporating massive amounts of enjoyment into the game itself.
  46. Joni
    Sep 27, 2008
    Excellent game, good graphics and playing makes it full 10.
  47. MattT
    Sep 9, 2008
    This game is above all Counter-Strike games currently, and has above average graphics, skinable, perfect CS game.
  48. kamili
    Nov 16, 2009
    Great game, but still have few bugs. 9/10
  49. GonçaloC.
    Nov 2, 2009
    Some people say that gameplay is worst, just because their computers suck hard and they can only afford to play CS 1.6. Truth is most of those people never actually played CS:Source. CS:Source provides you better graphics, realistic physicis, more realistic movement, better Player-World scale, shadows, and weapons are still well balanced. And no, not everyone can headshot like if it was Some people say that gameplay is worst, just because their computers suck hard and they can only afford to play CS 1.6. Truth is most of those people never actually played CS:Source. CS:Source provides you better graphics, realistic physicis, more realistic movement, better Player-World scale, shadows, and weapons are still well balanced. And no, not everyone can headshot like if it was nothing. This game requires skill, strategy and cooperation. Recoil is exactly the same for both games, and thats is allready proved. Reason why Source requires a bit more skill its because in 1.6 when bullets hit the wall they look like some kind of small explosions.. and with that you can spray to the head with a lot more ease. Yes, CS 1.6 is still great, but Source is really much more worth playing IF you have a good computer and a decent internet connection. Tons of mods, amazing gameplay, a huge world wide community, basiclly, a completly awesome and addicting game. 10 out of 10 in FPS class. Expand
  50. CharlesBR
    Nov 5, 2009
    I recently borrowed a friend's Steam account so as to play this game among others, and frankly, I was shocked. For a game so legendary and infamous, it really was drab and lacking. The weapon purchase system creates severe imbalance, the maps do little to deter campers, and quite simply, this game is not as fun as other games by a great margin. I could easily while away weeks on the I recently borrowed a friend's Steam account so as to play this game among others, and frankly, I was shocked. For a game so legendary and infamous, it really was drab and lacking. The weapon purchase system creates severe imbalance, the maps do little to deter campers, and quite simply, this game is not as fun as other games by a great margin. I could easily while away weeks on the original Unreal Tournament, but within few hours this game had shoved me away. In all honesty, this game is not terrible - fun shines through in the rare moment that tactics become applicable, but the hype set me up in false hope. Where I was expecting a revelation, all I found was a deflated shadow of a game. If you want multiplayer fun, Left4Dead, TF2, and (if your desires bend towards something akin to CS:S), Rainbow Six Vegas should satisfy. Apologies to die-hards. Expand
  51. RyanR
    Oct 16, 2009
    This is an excellent game but because it requires online play one of the most important factors is a fair playing field and unfortunately this is no longer possible as the VAC anti-cheat system does not work fast enough to detect the newest cheaters. Many of the downloadable cheats for this game are updated before VAC updates. The cheats that are being used are usually aimbot set to This is an excellent game but because it requires online play one of the most important factors is a fair playing field and unfortunately this is no longer possible as the VAC anti-cheat system does not work fast enough to detect the newest cheaters. Many of the downloadable cheats for this game are updated before VAC updates. The cheats that are being used are usually aimbot set to toggle "on" or "off" on a key bind (usually middle mouse click mouse wheel down) and click it whenever they need that last second headshot or pretty much whenever they feel like it. I have competed at multiple LAN tournaments and never had problems like you see in online play. Registering and competing in CAL is another way to find a more even playing field. It is a good idea to keep in mind also though that many players are banned from the game every year during competition for cheating also. The only real fun for veteran CS players in this game anymore will most likely be running and managing your own server to make up where the VAC system fails or playing with a close group of friends. One of the more creative and fun sides of the game are the custom maps that allow mini games of all kinds from climbing, rpg, hide and seek, surfing, dodge ball and others. Expand
  52. fernandop
    Dec 1, 2009
    People moan on every multiplayer game about hitboxes but this is rediculous. The game cant keep up with such a basic thing as movement and you hit, or are hit even when the crosshair has streaked past its target and is feet away, (especialy waching some sniper kills). Invisible textures will bounce grenades back over open sky above walls and off most door edges. The graphics are dated People moan on every multiplayer game about hitboxes but this is rediculous. The game cant keep up with such a basic thing as movement and you hit, or are hit even when the crosshair has streaked past its target and is feet away, (especialy waching some sniper kills). Invisible textures will bounce grenades back over open sky above walls and off most door edges. The graphics are dated with ragdoll a minor +. A poor weapon choice with poor damage calculator doesnt help gameplay and its the first game to make everything deliberately hard to pick up and play. As part of hl2 bundle this game is outclassed in the graphics, with cs textures apparently taken from medal of honour 1. spend £30 and buy cod2,3,4, anything will look better and be less frustrating than this. tg its free p.s before people say noob with slow pc. its 3.2ghz with 3gb ram :p cs need to fix the hitboxes and hit reg before the realism of the game means anything Expand
  53. AdrianP.
    Jan 21, 2009
    I think its a 7 because tbh its a really good game but it can have a lot more stuff added into it. This game would be perfect if it had some features like the ones in a game called warrock (im not saying all) but like the ability to prone and ability to lean so its harder to shoot someone sounds pretty cool. Hopefully they come out with a new cs thats similar but adds in new features and I think its a 7 because tbh its a really good game but it can have a lot more stuff added into it. This game would be perfect if it had some features like the ones in a game called warrock (im not saying all) but like the ability to prone and ability to lean so its harder to shoot someone sounds pretty cool. Hopefully they come out with a new cs thats similar but adds in new features and even perhaps new guns. Expand
  54. PhilN.
    Dec 23, 2009
    This game is the best game in the world.
  55. KanymS
    Dec 20, 2009
    Really a great game! I play css since 4 years and it is not boring yet, today! I've not found a similar game (as graphic and playability) in all these years. This game is a MUST!!
  56. LysanderS
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ignore the people rating down on this because they're having trouble playing the game. "Headshots are too easy". Tell that to the other end of an AK-47...while the hitboxes are quite...terrible, you can't let that stop you playing this amazing game. After you've had your hours of fun with the game itself, there's the mods. Both player and server side. Like many Valve Ignore the people rating down on this because they're having trouble playing the game. "Headshots are too easy". Tell that to the other end of an AK-47...while the hitboxes are quite...terrible, you can't let that stop you playing this amazing game. After you've had your hours of fun with the game itself, there's the mods. Both player and server side. Like many Valve games, this is extremely mod friendly, allowing you to customise anything from how you look, to how the game plays. There's zombie mod, hide and seek, the list is almost endless. The reason i gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is for some seriously annoying issues. Weapon balance. The weapons in this game are terribly unbalanced. The largest, most expensive weapon in the game should be a "superb power, bad accuracy" type weapon, while on the other hand it's not going to hit anything outside of a 2 meter radius. And it has the lowest damage out of almost all weapons. Same with the top-tier hand guns, they have terrible accuracy and meagre power. So every round, you'll be using the exact same gun, along with your team mates and enemies. Body armour + desert eagle + ak47/M4A1 = all anybody will use. That dropped my score down. It's in mods that the other weapons begin to shine, such as zombie mod, you'll find all the worst weapons will become the best, ie the shotguns, P90s etc. Overall, i'd say you'd be crazy to miss out on this game. This was the first game i ever bought, and i still play it to this day. Expand
  57. MattiasS.
    Jan 26, 2009
    Great protection against cheaters, heh i would know, but BECAUSE this game is so great, im buying this game AGAIN, the people who give it a low rating probably played 1 cs:s match and got killed by a cheater or an mlg pro, look, it takes practice, and a couple matches, but once you get used to it, its THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME, and if you're a pc game who does not own this game, i Great protection against cheaters, heh i would know, but BECAUSE this game is so great, im buying this game AGAIN, the people who give it a low rating probably played 1 cs:s match and got killed by a cheater or an mlg pro, look, it takes practice, and a couple matches, but once you get used to it, its THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME, and if you're a pc game who does not own this game, i highly suggest you do, this is a classic and there are still hundreds if not THOUSANDs of people who continue to play everyday, you're bound to find a match thhat suits your tastes. Expand
  58. VasilyS
    Dec 6, 2009
    The drawing and a cursor in the best ??????? has changed, it can not please. ??????? online a shooter from the first person.
  59. CodyBlank
    Jan 29, 2009
    I would have to say the best FPS ever. Valve has their shit down w/ games and this one is no different. I the only game I even think of going to other than this is TF2 which is also a Valve game. No one has anything on Valve in terms of a modding base, playablitly and staying power. hell people are still playing CS 1.6 which the mod for HL originally came out in 1994
  60. AustinSawyer
    Jan 29, 2009
    I love counterstrike source! It's even better than counter strike or condition zero! I feal like I am in the middle of the action with the stunning graphics and the amazing affects when you shoot computers and boxes! I even like the idea of getting to talk with your headsets when playing online!! Thanks

-The <*)))>< n/u
  61. TravisL
    Oct 3, 2009
    It's an amazing multiplayer game , the maps are well detailed , and the controls are easy to use and learn , i recommend this to any person who enjoys playing First Person Shooters.
  62. AexDaemon
    Feb 6, 2009
    Sort of a good game, but as all of the games I've played before made by Steam - Bit a Bit. Let's take a look at the ANTI-Cheater - as one guy said, it is good, but not so much. I tried to cheat (for experiment) and I've been banned after the 120+ time I cheated. Other say, graphics are cool - adding a bit would make it cool. 7 For the game.
  63. JohnC
    Apr 1, 2009
    The game is fun. But the service is horrible. It cracked down my computer. Servers wont pop up half the time. I cant save any in a favorites. Its not worth buying. You have a better chance playing a flash game of Counter strike. Because atleast you will know you will play. I cant find any servers, and its not my firewall. or my internet. my internet is great, Verizon fios. im in a great The game is fun. But the service is horrible. It cracked down my computer. Servers wont pop up half the time. I cant save any in a favorites. Its not worth buying. You have a better chance playing a flash game of Counter strike. Because atleast you will know you will play. I cant find any servers, and its not my firewall. or my internet. my internet is great, Verizon fios. im in a great suburb aera. Its the game dont buy it. Expand
  64. JacobS
    Apr 1, 2009
    Its crappy. The graphics suck even with a nvida 9800gt. The game lags with the great internet of Comcast. Cant find servers, says something about a master connection? wth? lmfao dont buy it im telling u now.
  65. DominikE.
    Apr 14, 2009
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  66. TylerG
    Apr 15, 2009
    Game was horribly designed for competition and public play. Everything that was supposed to be as real as it gets, got more phony... The original counter-strike... is 10x better. Thats what happens when you try to capitalize on a game that isnt possible to make any better... steam ruined it... lol.
  67. JoshL
    Apr 15, 2009
    All graphics, no competitive aspect to it. Plus this game is dead after the downfall of CGS. 1.6 for the win
  68. TomC
    Apr 16, 2009
    A cheep nock off of an already fine game. It changed the graphics to look better but the game play is far worse.
  69. LeoH
    Apr 16, 2009
    Brilliant first person shooter. Most servers are completely lagg-free as long as you have a decent computer.10/10!
  70. ScottH
    Apr 17, 2009
    An attempt to build off the success of Counter-Strike with the graphics the Source engine provides. A horrible failure in terms of gameplay and overall playability.
  71. MatthewM.
    Apr 17, 2009
    Absolutely terrible game. Looks are not what they say to be, physics are weird, and gameplay is awful.
  72. ShaunC
    Apr 17, 2009
    Unrealistic physics, the recoil isn't accurate enough. System requirements are too high for my computer. A lot of hackers and not enough admins. Hitboxes seem to be way off of the target.
  73. noname
    Apr 24, 2009
    Counter-Strike: Source offers flexible styles of play. Using mod's and various game settings, there is always something fun to do involving great action and Edge-of-your-seat thrills. The mechanics allow you to quickly get used to working out, and the smooth rendering with higher model machines give such a life like feel, as though you were in really Razing and Blazing "The Point". Counter-Strike: Source offers flexible styles of play. Using mod's and various game settings, there is always something fun to do involving great action and Edge-of-your-seat thrills. The mechanics allow you to quickly get used to working out, and the smooth rendering with higher model machines give such a life like feel, as though you were in really Razing and Blazing "The Point". Hands down, 11 score in my book. Get it today. Get in and play! Expand
  74. pkpg
    May 17, 2009
    A very good game if you are into multiplayer. Word to the wise: BE CAREFUL WHEN CHOOSING AN ONLINE SERVER! There is alot of people who enjoy ruining the experience for everyone. Even if you arn't into multiplayer, playing on an lan with bots on is pretty fun too, not to mention the differnt mods that you can get for free from websites like fpsbanana (my personal favorit is the A very good game if you are into multiplayer. Word to the wise: BE CAREFUL WHEN CHOOSING AN ONLINE SERVER! There is alot of people who enjoy ruining the experience for everyone. Even if you arn't into multiplayer, playing on an lan with bots on is pretty fun too, not to mention the differnt mods that you can get for free from websites like fpsbanana (my personal favorit is the airsoft mod that turns the blood off and makes the gun sound effects more airsoft like, along with changing the names of the guns when you are buying your weapons.) A great multiplayer game that has been unfortunantly plagued by people who enjoy making you hate the game. 9/10 ONLY BECAUSE of that. Expand
  75. JoeK.
    May 19, 2009
  76. samg
    Jun 10, 2009
    Css is a verry good and on edge game only thing i find rong with it is that fact that shot go astray some ppl that play have such bad internet or computers that shot's dont register and that ppl cheat allot on it even tho allot of ppl just say there better then you i find that vac sould find a way of stoping the cheating and put cheaters in there place of course aswell make the Css is a verry good and on edge game only thing i find rong with it is that fact that shot go astray some ppl that play have such bad internet or computers that shot's dont register and that ppl cheat allot on it even tho allot of ppl just say there better then you i find that vac sould find a way of stoping the cheating and put cheaters in there place of course aswell make the requierments for the game more up to date instead of letting bad computers run it thats what i think and ive played since 2006 its a verry good game but dont be saprised if some ppl ruin it for you !!!! Expand
  77. micools
    Jun 15, 2009
    Best game developed by Valve by far! ive been gaming for atleast 14 years now and this game takes the cake fro me its a fast paced multiplayed online game that requires you to use team work and rely on your teammates to help you out. over all this game ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
  78. HelpU
    Jul 19, 2009
    I found out the hard way that this isn't counter-strike. Its a bunch of noobs playing counter strike. The start of the round is apparently just like in Scooby Doo when Fred says,"Lets split up and look for clues". It takes strategy to even play the other CS but that is only sometimes present in this game. I thought I got out of the TF2 and L4D noob swamp, its not as bad, but I'm I found out the hard way that this isn't counter-strike. Its a bunch of noobs playing counter strike. The start of the round is apparently just like in Scooby Doo when Fred says,"Lets split up and look for clues". It takes strategy to even play the other CS but that is only sometimes present in this game. I thought I got out of the TF2 and L4D noob swamp, its not as bad, but I'm not out of it yet. Expand
  79. JCW.
    Jul 30, 2009
    Counter strike source really is a great game but it would be better if it came out for ps3 and xbox 360 the ratings would be higher and hell of alot more players would be interested in the game..But hey i love the game for the pc but the hackers an everything just gets old after awhile..
  80. ActionD
    Aug 29, 2009
    When this game first arrived I would have given it a 10. Now however when I've been playing it since its release all the flaws in the game have been revealed. Overall can be said that CS:S is an easier and simpler version of CS 1.6. This is the reason why hardcore players still prefer CS 1.6 over CS:S as CS:S is less competitive. It's easier to get headshots, and the weapon When this game first arrived I would have given it a 10. Now however when I've been playing it since its release all the flaws in the game have been revealed. Overall can be said that CS:S is an easier and simpler version of CS 1.6. This is the reason why hardcore players still prefer CS 1.6 over CS:S as CS:S is less competitive. It's easier to get headshots, and the weapon balance is even more flawed than in CS 1.6 so both on CS:S public servers and on "competitive" matches all players run with few overpowered weapons while the rest of the weapons are completely useless. So the game doesn't reach its full potential. The game could be much more exciting and challenging with a better weapon balance, giving smart players who can make good choises a chance vs players with good aim. There is no choises and all you need is to press the autobuy button every round to stay on top. Because of this the game remains a game mainly only for teenagers. Without weapon variety there is less strategy and tactics, and the few overpowered weapons also are so called no-brainer weapons as they're THE BEST WEAPONS AT ANY RANGE. So overall the game is not demanding as you don't have to think at all things like: What weapon you get, what weapons your teammates have, what weapons your opponents have, from what range you should engage the enemy from with the weapon you have, what weapon you should choose when you go this or that route, and so on. The only reason why CS:S still keeps being played is because of the big amount of mods (most are just mods for teenagers though - nothing hardcore). Expand
  81. SteveL.
    Sep 25, 2009
    I love this game.
  82. SamL
    Feb 18, 2010
    I guess Il do my part, To begin, This is the game i spend my childhood on. One on the fines games and a great classic. I'm seing allot of people complaining but its obviously because they just plain suck at it and did not gave a chance to the game to try it and get better at it. That's what i did lol. Wtv. To conclude, my personal favorite game of all times.
  83. YermakirumY.
    Apr 26, 2010
    Very good game.
  84. Chimp
    Nov 15, 2004
    First of all, what that guy who reviewed this below me said about "wasting your money," you cant buy this stand-alone. it comes with half life 2. dont tell me THATS a waste of money. it adds nothing new gameplay-wise, but the new graphics and physics are amazing. the levels look really nice too, and the physics objects add some great visual detail. for example-a shootout in the market in First of all, what that guy who reviewed this below me said about "wasting your money," you cant buy this stand-alone. it comes with half life 2. dont tell me THATS a waste of money. it adds nothing new gameplay-wise, but the new graphics and physics are amazing. the levels look really nice too, and the physics objects add some great visual detail. for example-a shootout in the market in cs_italy will often have banannas and oranges exploding everywhere with baskets overturned and stuff. also, the ways bodies fall is amazing. they will slump up against the wall and dangle over railings and stuff. its really cool. Basically: It's an aesthetic upgrade for the classic CS: but its a good one at that. and NO, it is not something that could be made to download online. This is half the reason HL2 was pushed back a year! Expand
  85. PriyajeetH.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Magnificent detail, good job. 100 points for improvement.
  86. DanielL.
    Feb 16, 2005
    There is much fun to had here.CS-Source has changed gameplay online forever and never gets boring. I recommend this game to those who love fps games.
  87. ScottP.
    Apr 24, 2005
    yes this game is awesome it definitely deserves a 10!
  88. TimN.
    Apr 29, 2005
    Greatest game ever, and keeps getting better with every update.
  89. SteveS.
    Nov 1, 2006
    LOVE this game...you can sit down to play a few rounds for 20 minutes or dig in for twenty hours straight (your choice) without tiring of it. Absolutely addicting.
  90. RobertG.
    Oct 11, 2006
    This game is great for gamers who are ready for match after match of close in counter battles! Those who say it is too easy to kill and die are looking at it wrong, it makes it a bigger challenge to test your skills in first person shooters! And eventually you wont even notice the easy dieing because it is usally quik to start a new match and try again!
  91. FrankF.
    Nov 14, 2006
    I don't know why but this is about the only game I go back playing after I'm tired of another game. Its just awesome! only thing is.. the other people are waaaaaaaay better than I am. But thats not the games fault! Other than that, perfect ten!
  92. Kyle
    Nov 17, 2006
    Very nice, hours of replayability, at first I thought it was just a standard fps but its more compicated. Recoil control, learning how to shoot (yes the bullets don't always land in the middle of the crosshair). Well worth the cash and time.
  93. TomL.
    Oct 12, 2006
    The best game I have played. Good support and very nice graphics TY Vivendi Universal!
  94. LaurensM.
    Oct 12, 2006
    I'm still sticking to CS 1.6 because Source has been modified so bad it just screws up your gameplay. Nice graphics of course but that just doesn't make the game.
  95. CharlesB.
    Nov 21, 2006
    Ahhh CS:S, I love it I've played it from the day it was release and I play it almost every day. The only game I play at LANs and only game I bother to talk about. Top stuff.
  96. JoshT.
    Nov 20, 2006
    Counter Strike: Source for the first 2 years it has been out was great all new maps coming out and looking better than before. New player models that look stunning. But now that valve has added in the new priceing system it is not as fun as it use to be. Now I am back to playing cs 1.6. Although I must say valve did a bad job with the Hostage AI(It is way better in Counter Strike Counter Strike: Source for the first 2 years it has been out was great all new maps coming out and looking better than before. New player models that look stunning. But now that valve has added in the new priceing system it is not as fun as it use to be. Now I am back to playing cs 1.6. Although I must say valve did a bad job with the Hostage AI(It is way better in Counter Strike Condition Zero) and also the world view...Climbing ladders doesn't look like your actually climbing. Swimming is not shown as in cs 1.6 has in it. Maybe the next time valve makes and update they will add better AI and new world view features. Expand
  97. JoeK.
    Nov 23, 2006
  98. NickW.
    Nov 23, 2006
    It is one of the greatest games ever. But to add to it they should make another 1 player game and stop the dynamic weapon pricing it's gotten way out of hand. Deagle costing 6850 that's so lame.
  99. JoeK.
    Nov 25, 2006
  100. DinuC.
    Nov 25, 2006
    Best multiplayer game ever made,and I don't see any game taking that away for some time!

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.