Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. ChristofferEngman
    Sep 22, 2006
    This game is just awesome! I just miss the shields that CT had in 1.6 that's all.
  2. BobbyM.
    Sep 25, 2006
    A game anyone could become addicted to in the first 2 minutes of watching it.
  3. MickJ.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Still the best online gaming experience going. The graphics still look top notch, even compared to todys latest FPS shooters. The game itself might be a bit repetetive but it's so addictive you'll have to try and plant that bomb or recscue the hostages one more time.
  4. MathiasS.
    Sep 28, 2006
    I haven't played a game this much before. It's just awesome.
  5. BryanG.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Best FPS and longest played game.
  6. Novi4ekNone
    Sep 29, 2006
  7. Csalbertcs
    Jan 11, 2007
    Game works on highest settings on my laptop, which are supposed to suck compared to desktops. Everything was very accurate. Prices were accurate, speed and power of weapons are accurate. Dont whine if ur a noob. You'll get better. I used to be a noob. But an hour here and there got me better and better. Another bad thing is people are way to "into it". Just because of a couple of Game works on highest settings on my laptop, which are supposed to suck compared to desktops. Everything was very accurate. Prices were accurate, speed and power of weapons are accurate. Dont whine if ur a noob. You'll get better. I used to be a noob. But an hour here and there got me better and better. Another bad thing is people are way to "into it". Just because of a couple of things like that doesnt mean I'm gunna rank it 0. It was an awesome game admittingly. Can't wait till the next. Expand
  8. Novi4ekNone
    Nov 16, 2007
  9. TyronT.
    Jan 12, 2007
    Best FPS! Good protection against cheaters really love this game.
  10. SamuelC.
    Nov 25, 2007
    A totally perfect improvement for the best online game ever. The Source engine delivers in ways people may or may not notice, including bullet drop (which is why I don't snipe). An 11 out of 10 would have been more appropriate.
  11. SteveL.
    Nov 5, 2007
  12. JoeK.
    Jan 16, 2007
    GREAT GAME!
  13. AndrewB.
    Jan 16, 2007
    Amazing, Simply amazing, well worth the money. The graphics are sweet, the gameplay is fantastic, and the games(gungame,zonmbie etc..) are fantastic. The sound clips just add to the awe of this game.
  14. CharlesJ.
    Jan 17, 2007
    I have been playing Counter-Strike since it's inception after the first Half-Life as a mod that wasn't well known until almost 6 months after it's release, and now that I've finally picked up a rig capable of playing it. I havn't stopped. It fills almost all of my time between missions here in Iraq, and is a great way to relieve stress that doesn't involve I have been playing Counter-Strike since it's inception after the first Half-Life as a mod that wasn't well known until almost 6 months after it's release, and now that I've finally picked up a rig capable of playing it. I havn't stopped. It fills almost all of my time between missions here in Iraq, and is a great way to relieve stress that doesn't involve actually hurting anyone. Expand
  15. JoeK.
    Nov 7, 2007
    GREAT GAME!
  16. LachlanC.
    Dec 11, 2007
    One of the best online games. Easily the best online FPS. Amazing staying power, graphics and gameplay. This game will have you coming back for more and more and will probably give you alot of sleepless nights.
  17. Mr.F.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Very well-made game. To combat all of the statements of "JUST HEADSHOTS LOL," think about it. A normal .20cal has a small kickback that totally screwed with my aim when I was first learning (irl). A .30 or .50 would easily have way more kickback. So, if you aim at someone's chest, a small amount of kickback may cause you to blow their face off. Also, there's a randomization Very well-made game. To combat all of the statements of "JUST HEADSHOTS LOL," think about it. A normal .20cal has a small kickback that totally screwed with my aim when I was first learning (irl). A .30 or .50 would easily have way more kickback. So, if you aim at someone's chest, a small amount of kickback may cause you to blow their face off. Also, there's a randomization factor that is, really, a little unrealistic (a trained SEAL isn't going to have a .8" deviation when shooting a target 10 feet away). You can't really complain about the "crappy physics" in Source, because they are realistic. Bodies WILL fly 10 or more feet if they get hit by a grenade. The shotgun could be a little more balanced, though (it's easy to get headshots with it because the way Source handles it is by sending a spray of about 5 quarter-powered bullets... get lucky and hit the head and you've got a winner. I strongly dissagree about the lack of tactics in Source as opposed to 1.6. Of course you will get shot if you're the first one to rush!! That's how it works irl!! The point of videogames is to create an alternate world for amusement. Since it's trying to be realistic, it is realistic. You can't really count on 100% (Magnum Super Rife or a lack of penalties from getting SHOT) because it's just a game. A game for $20, no less. People complaining about lag should just shut up and get a better computer and/or ISP. Trust me, rebuilding my computer from scratch did wonders. Bi***ing about having to download something "every time you try to play" is just flat wrong. Connect to a server that has the map "de_*" or "cs_*". They come with the game. No DL for you. Well, that's not altogether true, there are some maps named that that you still have to download, but quit whining and get it over with. A massive Surf map (fy_surfpro_hi) took about 2 minutes. And I'm on a 11 kb/s wireless card. Get over it and stop whining like a bi***. Expand
  18. NickC.
    Jan 22, 2007
    The game, from the beginning has problems, the reason they released it like that is so that valve can test the extent that they can modify the game according to the bugs reported by the player. I playe 1.6 since 1.1 and I am proud to say that I still play 1.6 and source. The best part about CS is the potenial for fun maps and different styles of gameplay. I personally love source and have The game, from the beginning has problems, the reason they released it like that is so that valve can test the extent that they can modify the game according to the bugs reported by the player. I playe 1.6 since 1.1 and I am proud to say that I still play 1.6 and source. The best part about CS is the potenial for fun maps and different styles of gameplay. I personally love source and have played it since the beginning. I am absolutely addicted to this game. The potential for this game is limitless. if you don't like something about the gameplay, say something, valve is happy to listen and make changes, hell if people really all wanted (but no one does) the shield will come back. The future is Counter-strike Source. Expand
  19. DanVaegoth
    Dec 25, 2007
    This is definitley the best online FPS out there so far, the graphics are great, not the best but they are very good. The gameplay is awesome, and probably the most well-balanced FPS I've ever played. Sound is pretty good, about what you'd expect for this kind of FPS. I really have no complaints about the game, I've had a blast playing this for years, and will probably get aThis is definitley the best online FPS out there so far, the graphics are great, not the best but they are very good. The gameplay is awesome, and probably the most well-balanced FPS I've ever played. Sound is pretty good, about what you'd expect for this kind of FPS. I really have no complaints about the game, I've had a blast playing this for years, and will probably get a few more years of fun out of it still! I would highly recommend this to any FPS fan. Expand
  20. YermakirumY.
    Dec 28, 2007
  21. JosephC.
    Dec 28, 2007
    This was my first Valve game, and my first multi-player first person shooter. I purchased this not too long ago, maybe 2-3 months, and I've been playing not stop since then. There are a variety of maps, guns, and things to do in this game, it never gets boring. Though the pace is much slower than a lot of the other Valve multiplayer games, the pace works great for the game. Instead This was my first Valve game, and my first multi-player first person shooter. I purchased this not too long ago, maybe 2-3 months, and I've been playing not stop since then. There are a variety of maps, guns, and things to do in this game, it never gets boring. Though the pace is much slower than a lot of the other Valve multiplayer games, the pace works great for the game. Instead of running around like a with-drawing crackhead, spraying bullets everywhere, this game requires you to use tactics AND ACTUALLY AIM! You die pretty quickly on here, considering that it isn't extremely hard to get a headshot once you've gotten control of your gun's recoil and aiming. It's a solid game, and I highly recommend this game to any first person shooter fan. Hell, I wasn't really into first person shooters before I bought this, now I'm diving deep into these kinds of games. So, this would be a great introduction to the genre. Expand
  22. DougL.
    Jan 24, 2007
    I love this game. I've played it ever since it came out, and I have to say, it's one of the best games out there. The different game modes can make it interesting when your looking for something new (surfing, zombies, gun game, rpg, etc), and the ability to play user created maps (download from servers saves alot of time). And no matter what anyone says, Valve treats the CS:S I love this game. I've played it ever since it came out, and I have to say, it's one of the best games out there. The different game modes can make it interesting when your looking for something new (surfing, zombies, gun game, rpg, etc), and the ability to play user created maps (download from servers saves alot of time). And no matter what anyone says, Valve treats the CS:S community pretty good (supplying patches, maps, add ons for free). I have no regrets buying this kick-ass game, and I'll be with it till it dies! Expand
  23. RobbieS.
    Feb 16, 2007
    It's a fun, very amusing. Getting more realistic but the competitiveness is going down the drain but the game is still really fun!
  24. NickE.
    Feb 26, 2007
    Love this game very interactive and good graphics and not to mention the ability to have mods put in. Nothing but classic multiplayer fun.
  25. YermakirumY.
    Feb 27, 2007
  26. AllenD.
    Mar 12, 2007
    This game standing from graphix is 10 + its built on 1.6, so it has high standards, it flew over the top making this a great game, for higher end computer or people who love pysic's. This game shows how sticking to original can be very successful.
  27. ChadT.
    Mar 18, 2007
    This is one of the best online games I have ever played. I hope in the future that a new and improved Counter Strike will be made. I'll buy it for sure!
  28. MiKeG
    Mar 31, 2007
    I am running this game 25/7... yea thats right... it gives my day an extra hr... best grapics i have seen in a while.... i havent slept in 2 days and thats how its been for a while now ... no sleep.... i would give it a 20 out of 10 but it wont let me LOL
  29. YermakirumY.
    Apr 12, 2007
  30. MaxB.
    Apr 21, 2007
    Completely perfect, except for one flaw... the blood spatters don't look very realistic but other than that absolutely amazing.
  31. IanM.
    Apr 23, 2007
    Its a great game with solid multiplayer and its also extremely easy to hook up with friends and play a few games with them whenever we feel like it.
  32. StephanieH.
    Apr 25, 2007
    I find this game extremely fun how it can vary from game to game. not one has bored me yet. If you haven't tried yet, please. You will like it. Try the zombie mode too. It's one of the best. WOW. Definite thumbs up.
  33. BobS.
    Apr 25, 2007
    Wow, where do I start? This game has kept me addicted for months and months now, if nobody reminded me there was a world outside of counter strike source, i could play for a week straight without a problem.
  34. BrunoB.
    Apr 27, 2007
    This game is the BEST of all games. There is so much 2 do and it is so much fun. You can play with your friends 2.
  35. FranciscoB.
    Apr 28, 2007
    The Best game of the world who want action game, buy Counter Strike Source.
  36. RasmusH.
    Apr 28, 2007
    Very good game, specially for people who like realistic 1st person shooters. This is definitely one of my favorite games!
  37. ClintPearcePearce
    May 17, 2007
    Eu Alternativo is a douche and so is anyone who gives this game a bad review because they can't cut it. Cheaters are cheaters but if they are playing just leave. Dont bash a game and bitch because you have to lick the sack of a n00b that knows how to use a mouse.
  38. SteveL.
    May 25, 2007
  39. MatthewB.
    Jul 18, 2007
    I have played this game since beta and have always gone back to it when I felt like a solid first person shooter multi-player. I gave it a 10 because I have not seen a game yet match it that runs as smooth and crash free like this one, not to mention the awesome action you can get into.
  40. GonzaloA.
    Jul 31, 2007
    This is the best CS game since the original 1.6. Also one of the best FPS in PC today. The best upgrare for the CS series, because of the beautiful graphics and realistic game play.
  41. AndrewMerrow
    Aug 14, 2007
    better than 1.6 for for one reason. physics. running in to defuse and seeing your buddy go flying into the wall because of an awp shot to the dome makes the experience so real and blood pumping. this game is an adrenaline rush unmatched by any shooter to date.
  42. YermakirumY.
    Aug 24, 2007
  43. LuukasV.
    Aug 24, 2007
    Graphics are very good, and even with slower PC you can play. But Like Yar said, its too easy. I mean if you started from CS1.6 and just then entered cs;s than you wont get so much exitement as in cs1.6. but you just started in cs:s than its good to learn.
  44. Novi4ekNone
    Nov 14, 2008
  45. MikeCouts
    Nov 18, 2008
    This game worth all the money I investigated in... need to fix hitboxes but the major point in this game is that the shooting is completly different from other fps where you can spray and all the bullets go at the same place... So it deserve a 10... and I pla since 1.6 and always detested other fps... like COD UT QUAKE....
  46. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 15, 2008
  47. AnonymousMC
    Jan 19, 2008
    A pray and spray crapshoot. No real skill involved, and the tournament winners take stimulants to get their reactions going too fast. Also, anybody that can spray a P90 in-game wat head level wins the level, that is all there is to it. Do not waste your time on this game.
  48. CharlezMcain
    Dec 10, 2008
    I love this game. It is one of the more realistic games out now days. Its normal cal settings are alot of fun but if you some how get bored of it then all you have 2 do is hit a random key in the filter spot and see what kind of funky mod you just descovered. I think that anyone who does not love or at least get several months of fun out of it just isnt trying to have a good time. OnI love this game. It is one of the more realistic games out now days. Its normal cal settings are alot of fun but if you some how get bored of it then all you have 2 do is hit a random key in the filter spot and see what kind of funky mod you just descovered. I think that anyone who does not love or at least get several months of fun out of it just isnt trying to have a good time. On top of all the weird and funky playing styles you can mic chat with thousands of weirdys on the game. i find this to be the most amusing part. Expand
  49. adamd.
    Dec 1, 2008
    don't really know why i checked this out on metacritic. i've been playing since beta (which is mainly why i hate dust1 these days) and been playing CS since 1.5. the game offers unlimited playability. i notice a lot of "COD4 is 1337". here' s news flash, the game mode in COD everyone seems to like so much is a direct clone of one of CS's game modes... defusal.
  50. PeterL.
    Dec 18, 2008
    This is the most realistic FPS game Ive ever played in my Life and I agree with Some people that its not noob friendly nor is it just jump in and hack away this game actually takes time and FPS skills as it will stand out who is new and who is experienced at playing this game one problem people will get with this game is little kids from Halo 2 come in and Mic spam or think they're This is the most realistic FPS game Ive ever played in my Life and I agree with Some people that its not noob friendly nor is it just jump in and hack away this game actually takes time and FPS skills as it will stand out who is new and who is experienced at playing this game one problem people will get with this game is little kids from Halo 2 come in and Mic spam or think they're pro and get pwned then say its a bad game Other then that this is one of the Best FPS games out so far!!! PS: Expecting a New one. Expand
  51. TrustMe
    Jan 22, 2008
    Pros: Great replayability, good graphics, large community, good gameplay, awsome graphics then the original, great physics, and a large modding community. Cons: Better have a good computer to run it on highest quality.
  52. DanB
    Dec 26, 2008
    I bought HL2 Game of the year edition, and i played HL2 for about 3 hours and finished it. Woop. I noticed a game called "Counter-Strike Source" had also been installed, and gave it a go, being my first ever online game. 3 years down the line, and HL2 is gathering dust on my shelf, while Counter Strike still gets a large portion of my gaming hours. Valve, you made one hell of an FPS. Give I bought HL2 Game of the year edition, and i played HL2 for about 3 hours and finished it. Woop. I noticed a game called "Counter-Strike Source" had also been installed, and gave it a go, being my first ever online game. 3 years down the line, and HL2 is gathering dust on my shelf, while Counter Strike still gets a large portion of my gaming hours. Valve, you made one hell of an FPS. Give yourselves a pat on the back. I got this game free, but i sure wouldnt mind paying a meagre £10 or so for such and addictive, enthralling and rewarding game. A definite must-have for any avid gamer. Expand
  53. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 27, 2008
  54. PeteS.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Very good 1st person shooter. It is a good game for beginners as well as advanced players because you can practice with computer generated players(for the beginnners). For advanced users, there are other people to play with, and even the computer generated players can go up to expert. I have had this game for 2 weeks, and It is still totally addicting.
  55. AndreasO.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Super Game! In no other game teamplay is so important! Perfect to build Clans and so on.
  56. Novi4ekNone
    Feb 16, 2008
  57. .???|ImReadyToDie
    Feb 25, 2008
    After reading all of the negative comments up to this point people seem to be complaing about the FPS (The game at the moment costs something like 20 USD at the most so at leat spend 100 dollars on a better computer or even better upgrade your computer bit by bit) , The fact that it is easier to shoot (People were probably complaing about the level of difficulty it is to shoot) and theAfter reading all of the negative comments up to this point people seem to be complaing about the FPS (The game at the moment costs something like 20 USD at the most so at leat spend 100 dollars on a better computer or even better upgrade your computer bit by bit) , The fact that it is easier to shoot (People were probably complaing about the level of difficulty it is to shoot) and the fact that you can't shoot though walls ( How is this a bad thing? If someone had a wallhack the all they would have to do is stand behid a wall and kill everyone.) One last thing I saw in the comments is that there is 11/10 year olds running around swearing and shouting abuse you CAN mute them with take 30 seconds max and if you ask anybody on a server 9 times out of 10 they will tell you how. Expand
  58. JonathanB.
    Mar 14, 2008
    Graphics are nice. But competitive game play lacks skill and strategic gaming. Counter strike 1.6 is the best online competitive FPS game there is.
  59. GusO.
    Mar 23, 2008
    Great Game Nothing Wrong and love the battles....This game is still at the top....
  60. AceGec3D
    Mar 28, 2008
    Magnificent! Overall a great game, but not the best.
  61. HaydenVanderneut
    Mar 31, 2008
    The greatest game I have ever play since the older versions!
  62. Rasmus
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nice game as the old ones, and sweet graphics.
  63. BenjiW.
    Apr 14, 2008
    I work in an office. Whenever I get bored, I sit & play out games of CS in my mind using my co-workers as hostages. Maybe this game isn't a good thing. Meh. Awesome game.
  64. CrazzyCosmoyes
    Apr 18, 2008
    CS:Source is by far, my favorite of the series. This game is both visually stunning and extremely fun. I reccommend this game to anyone who wants to have a lot of fun, and put away lots of hours. My favorite (and best) buy ever!
  65. KristianN.
    Apr 21, 2008
    It's great!!!!
  66. MeyerM.
    Apr 23, 2008
    It's a fantastic new CS , i like it !
  67. RichA.
    Apr 23, 2008
    Definitely a way to kill time, and to have fun with friends!
  68. WontGive
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's nearly the best game what I ever played !(nearly because there is too many cheaters!)
  69. MattH.
    Apr 29, 2008
    This game owns!!
  70. GlennM
    May 21, 2008
    Almost the same as Counter-Strike 1.6, with better graphics, physics and the guns were slightly changed. (In a good way!) If you're not a fan of the low recoil, as many 1.6 players say "It's too easy" or "It's not challenging, I'm going back to 1.6", you can download a mod called CSPro Mod which keeps the same gun attributes as the original game while keeping the Almost the same as Counter-Strike 1.6, with better graphics, physics and the guns were slightly changed. (In a good way!) If you're not a fan of the low recoil, as many 1.6 players say "It's too easy" or "It's not challenging, I'm going back to 1.6", you can download a mod called CSPro Mod which keeps the same gun attributes as the original game while keeping the better graphics. Expand
  71. AnthonyW.
    May 23, 2008
    One of the best, if not THE BEST computer game of all time. Counterstrike has captured countless memories from players all over the world, and will never get old.
  72. SakerJ.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Cool game but there is 1 problems and its steam hijack hope valve will do something about it.
  73. TouhidG.
    Jun 22, 2008
    This is the best game I have ever played !!! I don't care about the graphics, This game is great.
  74. DominikE.
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  75. Pingpawn
    Jul 12, 2008
    This game is an unbelievable game, Although the graphics are getting worse compared to COD4 and other new related FPSers, I played this game non-stop until my account got hacked.
  76. Novi4ekNone
    Jul 24, 2008
  77. AnnaL
    Jul 27, 2008
    CS:S is my favorite games of all times. I got hooked on it and have been playing it ever since, now 3 or so years. Its the only game I play literally, no online games, no PS3 or XBox, (I do play Wii once in a while though) but this game has blown my mind. Once you get use to it, it only gets better and I'm still not bored! There are endless amounts of servers and different types, so CS:S is my favorite games of all times. I got hooked on it and have been playing it ever since, now 3 or so years. Its the only game I play literally, no online games, no PS3 or XBox, (I do play Wii once in a while though) but this game has blown my mind. Once you get use to it, it only gets better and I'm still not bored! There are endless amounts of servers and different types, so there is always something new to experience. It unbelievable and interacting with the people is always a plus as well! Expand
  78. ColinD.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Good, but not near Counter-Strike 1.6's competitive edge. If you want an easy, casual gaming experience with the cool headshot here and there then Source is the way to go. With overly detailed maps and odd player model hitboxes, Counter-Strike: Source will often leave the player saying, "WTF?"
  79. NickB.
    Sep 18, 2008
    A classic. No Matter how many other games I have and will play, I will always come back to CS:S.
  80. AndrewM
    Sep 18, 2008
    This game keeps getting better and better, with one of the largest communities, there are tens of thousands of servers, thousands of maps, custom skins, sounds, models and so much more. With constant updates from steam (which, I must say, has gotten much better) any glitches are quickly, and efficiently removed. And the gameplay is unequaled. I've been playing this game for 3+ years This game keeps getting better and better, with one of the largest communities, there are tens of thousands of servers, thousands of maps, custom skins, sounds, models and so much more. With constant updates from steam (which, I must say, has gotten much better) any glitches are quickly, and efficiently removed. And the gameplay is unequaled. I've been playing this game for 3+ years now. Which is saying something. I lasted three days on wow. Expand
  81. BrandonM
    Sep 19, 2008
    I been playing this game just about since release and it never gets old. Best game i ever played!
  82. JermR.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Completely awesome game. it is more accurate and visually better than 1.6 it can only get better. CSO should be a nice addition to the market.
  83. RyanZ
    Nov 26, 2009
    A lot of people find this game not as fun as the full game. The game itself is a great game. Probably an 8, but with all the mods such as zombie mod and war craft server makes this game even better. The Xbox version deserves a 7. This is because no dedicated servers and no mods. Well there are mods for the xbox but you may get banned from them for having them. Overall a fun game, whilst A lot of people find this game not as fun as the full game. The game itself is a great game. Probably an 8, but with all the mods such as zombie mod and war craft server makes this game even better. The Xbox version deserves a 7. This is because no dedicated servers and no mods. Well there are mods for the xbox but you may get banned from them for having them. Overall a fun game, whilst being an older game, I am currently awaiting a new counter-strike. Expand
  84. anonymous
    Nov 5, 2009
    loved the game, and found it quite addicting. some of the mods are a blast as well!
  85. KonstantinL.
    Dec 16, 2009
    timeless, classic, balanced, one of the best games i know..
  86. SteveL.
    Dec 18, 2009
  87. YermakirumY.
    Dec 19, 2009
  88. [anonymous]
    Dec 19, 2009
    I played ti from 6th grade til' mw2 came out. I still relax with this game once in a while. The game is epic. CS:S has kinda changed my life
  89. NuckChorris
    Dec 20, 2009
    Awesome game, best FPS i have ever played! But then again i only go on zombie mod, but that is a really cool mod, if you have not tried counter strike zombie mod, then why are you reading my review? PLAY IT!
  90. TrevorL
    Dec 22, 2009
    This game is one of the best I have ever played. I have played this game constantly for years and its only been getting better and better. This game is by far the best game on steam to this very day.
  91. DominikE.
    Dec 24, 2009
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  92. Novi4ekNone
    Dec 25, 2009
  93. JoelS
    Dec 27, 2009
    One of the all time greatest FPS games ever created. The quick pace of play is unmatched in the FPS genre, and the team play is very satisfying.
  94. Samual
    Dec 27, 2009
    Probably one of the best fps games i have played so far in my life! If you want an fps game thats simple and not so needy on computer performance, this game is the way to go!
  95. AnonymousOne
    Dec 31, 2009
    Been playing CS since it first published. Source upgrade breathed new life into an already fun game.
  96. AnonymousMC
    Jan 25, 2009
    people really need to stop comparing this game to others like rainbow six vegas and cod4. this game was made in 2004 so stop complaining about the graphics this game is fun and has so many mods its hard to stop playing it hte controls are good and theres a load of servers to play on
  97. IronWaffle09Waffle
    Dec 6, 2009
    Counter Strike Source: A fun game to play the gameplay is fun and when people die it isn't that realstic but is funny to watch them slide i still think this is a great game but needs a tiny bit of improvement i hope valve makes another counter strike it. Everyone says this just gets boring but no counter strike source will sometimes get boring but it has some very good mods like Counter Strike Source: A fun game to play the gameplay is fun and when people die it isn't that realstic but is funny to watch them slide i still think this is a great game but needs a tiny bit of improvement i hope valve makes another counter strike it. Everyone says this just gets boring but no counter strike source will sometimes get boring but it has some very good mods like zombie mod, deathmatch and even GARRYS MOD. Expand
  98. BenJ
    Dec 7, 2009
    at first I want to state,THIS IS NOT SWAT 4 all the guys who rate 1-2-3 are either just bad at the game or they want a really tactical and realistic,balanced counter-terrorist-terrorist battle simulation,though they SAY it is,its not,this was a mod and valve just remade it and tried to keep it to the original,so its just a mod remade by a developer,the hitbox is quite at first I want to state,THIS IS NOT SWAT 4 all the guys who rate 1-2-3 are either just bad at the game or they want a really tactical and realistic,balanced counter-terrorist-terrorist battle simulation,though they SAY it is,its not,this was a mod and valve just remade it and tried to keep it to the original,so its just a mod remade by a developer,the hitbox is quite horrible,headshotting is way easier,and you have to wait some time to respawn,but thats the best way to improve yourself,playing that you know that if you mess up you will be punished by waiting a long time,if you want a realistic modern warfare simulation,then play cod or swat 4,but css is something really different,its a fun online shooter,the buy system is unbalanced,and sucky,as much as the hitbox,and I wouldn't have it any other way Expand
  99. anonymous
    Dec 9, 2009
    This is a really good game. But it could be better if you could aim with your weapon
  100. Novi4ekNone
    Feb 14, 2009
    good game

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.