Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. NickL.
    May 8, 2006
    Superior graphics, intelligent design, realistic battle sequences: the sequel surpasses its predecessor and then some. Check out the layers, textures , much improved rag dolls , etc.
  2. CoreyP.
    May 8, 2006
    I love CS:S ive played CS for 6 years now, when it first came out, the new source really kicked it up! This Game Owns.
  3. CliveM.
    May 8, 2006
    An excellent game, huge variety of maps wonderfull physics, and fun if you can find flaws in the maps.
  4. JoonasP.
    May 9, 2006
    Great fun for 15min or whole night! Very addictive...
  5. TonyM.
    May 9, 2006
    best dam team game.....online game .............or shooter ....... real weapon types ......that resemble the laws of phisics ... and plenty of ways to die just wish i was a little better at it / lots to learn cheers.
  6. KittyE.
    May 9, 2006
    I like it. probably not one of the best games when it comes to the aim and fire part. Hits that create blood on your opositios face are often ignored by the game. As well as a few other minor factors with hit registry. The Tactical sheild is gone so prepare to get awped on ofice. I don't know what "new weapons" these guys are talking about, you still have every thing here. Not a I like it. probably not one of the best games when it comes to the aim and fire part. Hits that create blood on your opositios face are often ignored by the game. As well as a few other minor factors with hit registry. The Tactical sheild is gone so prepare to get awped on ofice. I don't know what "new weapons" these guys are talking about, you still have every thing here. Not a single "New" weapon on the list. Custom maps got better with the port ( i sudgest finding "the matrix" it was a fun DE map) the new maps Port is huge and hard to get around. alot of the weapons lost some of their acuracy while others gained it. All of these flaws aside though, the game is a fine port. only worth the twenty bucks if you dont want to buy the older versions. Me and my sister play it all the time. i give it an average score for an average game. Expand
  7. MikeD.
    Jun 1, 2006
    It's an overal good game, but unrealistic because the hitbox is in my opinion calibrated wrong. Other than that, everything else is very good.
  8. PedroL.
    Jun 11, 2006
    Fot those without High-End machines, this remains one of the most playable FPS online games.
  9. SamiK.
    Jun 12, 2006
    Well first of all,the game is very entertaining in the beginning but soon maybe after 7 months,the game isnt so entertaining.
  10. SimonF.
    Jun 13, 2006
    an excelant game, you just have to find the right server!
  11. StevenG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Awsome game play! Realistic Bots and buildings! Incredible graphics! i think.
  12. CalebG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Great FPS for anyone who likes them. The game has enough maps to keep you playing for hours. Also if you dont like the server your on the is a lot more if you want to change. I have recomended this to lots of my friends and there all hooked.
  13. Doraemon
    Jun 14, 2006
    One of the best games ever! The only thing negative in this games are the cheaters, they destroy all the pleasure that can be given in this specific game, however I have to play it, its just vicious.
  14. DaffyG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    amazing game. played it for months and months. fav maps are office, cbble, italy, and dust 2. my only complaint is that awps are incredibly lame. they are easy to use, promote camping, and over used.
  15. JoeyP.
    Jun 15, 2006
    Too good to be true. Fantastic Graphics and detail. Just love the Physics put into it.
  16. AlexandreH.
    Jun 15, 2006
    The best multiplayer doom like in the world.
  17. LeighC.
    Jun 16, 2006
    The best game ever incredible graphics physic's and realistic palyer damage. if you get board of one level just change to another there are thousands of maps happy gaming.
  18. NickS.
    Jun 17, 2006
    Great FPS. Awesome graphics with awesome maps and loads of custom maps. The game itself has so many different types of gameplay it's nuts. Can keep you occupied for years. Works on almost any computer too, with the amazing hardware scaling it has. 10/10 is clear.
  19. PekK.
    Jun 22, 2006
    Magnificent game of great graphics and totally action with great dualing. Its one of the best fps ever.
  20. HarryD.
    Jun 22, 2006
    a awsome game! yes! its just like 1.6 but with awsome graphics more interactve objects and awsome physics too. those who complain about FPS, hackers, assholes and other things are simply spouting bullshit. its got a bad FPS because your computer is 10 years old, there are hackers on the server because its not VAC2 secure and the source engine is perfectly stable under normal gamepley a awsome game! yes! its just like 1.6 but with awsome graphics more interactve objects and awsome physics too. those who complain about FPS, hackers, assholes and other things are simply spouting bullshit. its got a bad FPS because your computer is 10 years old, there are hackers on the server because its not VAC2 secure and the source engine is perfectly stable under normal gamepley sucrumstances. the mani admin plugin menu for CS:S is pure genius and an exelent tool that almost every server uses to help people out. people who are assholes generaly get kicked out of a server thnaks to votekick. the weapons are balanced, the "tactical shelid" licked my balls so thank god thats gone. getting with a group of friends is an great laugh and generaly a truly pwning game. props to steam! Expand
  21. Engels
    Jun 23, 2006
    Very good Network game ! It is great fun to play with other people this game!
  22. LukeBurgess
    Jun 23, 2006
    brilliant game. great graphics, awesome gameplay. etc etc. i s2 this game.
  23. BearaROlsson
    Jun 23, 2006
    The absolute best FPS game ever, the old cs was great but now with som nice graphic change and new Physical engine its great to play this game! I love it!!
  24. PhilN.
    Jun 24, 2006
    This game is the best game in the world.
  25. PieterV.
    Jun 29, 2006
    Counter-strike was already good but this is even better it should get a 100 procent cause the gameplay and graphics owns and you don't even need a very good computer to run it.
  26. PoL
    Jun 29, 2006
    I've played CS:S since the beta, and 1.6 before that all the way down to 1.5 or so... it's a great game, and it never gets boring.
  27. DylanM.
    Jun 3, 2006
    Best game ever! If you get sick of a map get some more!
  28. WesleyV.
    Jun 3, 2006
    Very nice game
  29. ZachM.
    Jun 6, 2006
    its a very great game. the graphics are great and evreything.
  30. RobM.
    Jun 7, 2006
    It is an amazing game, i recomend uying it, you WILL get your moneys worth!
  31. BrunoW.
    Jun 7, 2006
    this is the best game that i have ever played.. it's just amazing!
  32. Vapour.
    Jun 8, 2006
    Very fun, but with little replay value, I've been playing for 4 years, and it is lacking new weapons, and maps. And most importantly... de_dust is EXTREMELY OVERPLAYED. awp annoying as well. But when its new; amazingly fun and dangerously addicting.
  33. Kieron
    Jun 9, 2006
    This game is soo addictive, best eva, forget bf2 and halo you want this. Only improvement would be a rpg. BUY it if this is the last thing you do.
  34. EdwardD.
    Jun 9, 2006
    Awsome FPS. Any true FPS fan already owns this game. the game never gets old. i have been playing counter-strike before CS:S... before CS retail.. try 3 -4 years before CS Retail appered in stores. back when it was done by people who created it in there spare time for free and loved what they were doing. CS:S today is better then ever. realism freaks be damed.
  35. AndrewD.
    Jul 1, 2006
    Great game, been playing for about 5 years and i've been hooked since. Fun game, perfect to play with your friends on a LAN.
  36. DanL.
    Jul 12, 2006
    Is just FANTASTIC is perfect can't ask much more from a FPS game. Except perhaps to take awp out or decrease its damage.
  37. JoeK.
  38. HongW.
    Jul 12, 2006
    I liked Counter-Strike. I like Counter-Strike Source. They are both awesome, but Counter-Strike Source totally rocks. It's simply fun to see your enemys flying correctly through the air and the physiks and graphics are stunning. 10 great points!
  39. MatthiasD.
    Jul 13, 2006
    This game is really nice! The graphics are nice everything is nice and some guys might say its easy to make a headshot but it sure ain't! Because of the recoil and the lack of aim of some players.
  40. TimD.
    Jul 15, 2006
    The game css is of the chain ive had it for 2 months now and no one can kill me i have gotten that good keep updating the game and add more places to play gungames yee hah lol.
  41. KrystianK.
    Jul 18, 2006
    Never played before CS. My friend almost forced me to see this masterpiece. And i rarely play something else... to bad that the are only 3 good maps.
  42. GreatShOt
    Jul 24, 2006
    Great Out of the Box style game, but some custom maps are good some arnt you cant help that, this style of play should be used through out gaming.
  43. David
    Jul 24, 2006
    amazing, so much of my life, gone and its all counter strike: source's fault.
  44. JonD.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Great game, great graphics, great gameplay.
  45. DimitriA.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Superb game, the new engine works wonders. However it still falls prey to some the same bs that I experienced in 1.6, other that that it's the perfect shooter and I enjoy hours of fun on it!
  46. HarryC.
    Jul 28, 2006
    This is the best FPS i have ever played, i love it to bits. Thanks for making it so good steam.
  47. DavidT.
    Jul 31, 2006
    this is 1 amazing game it has good graphics and the diffrent maps guns and the ct and t are two amazing teams 2 play this game is 1 of the best action games ever created counter strike source is fun and u can't just do what u wanna do u gotta go and help your teamates also be carfull to watch your back this is 1 hack of a game a 10 to me!
  48. TheUnDeRtAk3r
    Jul 7, 2006
    Yes CSS is nice from graphic,but i think it's too easy a blind player can hit there a headshot quite easily.... The griphic is real nice.
  49. RickyM.
    Aug 1, 2006
    well the game is way easier then 1.6 so if you enjoy an esier experience buy this game if not buy counter strike 1.6.
  50. AnthonyA.
    Aug 10, 2006
    This is the Best FpS game ive ever played everything is realistic from the weapons to the sites and places of Counter Strike its one of my favorite games ^.^
  51. NicoS.
    Aug 12, 2006
    A technically and graphically stunning port of a game that was already pretty damn good, with the potential to deliver bigger and better things in future. And you can
  52. MatthewL.
    Aug 14, 2006
    Awesome game, great physics, level design, and improved hitboxes.
  53. KennethB.
    Aug 15, 2006
    Is there any doubt left?? Counter-strike is the ultimative greast game ever... and sadly enough for the industy, it have been since 1999... Thumbs up.
  54. LeeY.
    Aug 15, 2006
    Counter-Strike was always my favorite shooters, and when I finally played CS: Source I was having little siezures of joy. It's brilliant. Half-Life 2 graphics and physics (which are amazing), and that same old CS feel. The game is quick paced and insane.
  55. RubenT.
    Aug 16, 2006
    This game is certainly the best FPS out, The graphics are top notch, the realism is just perfect, even though it is 100% percent real, its in perfect proportion for gameplay.
  56. AlvaroE.
    Aug 18, 2006
    I have played the old counter-strike, but the counter-strike source is so much better, it's graphics, realism, etc. There isn't any comparison with this online game, it's totally awesome.
  57. TrevorB.
    Aug 18, 2006
    The engine in this game is amazing. They really captured the physics very nicely but not over the top.
  58. GreenyG
    Aug 18, 2006
    Great graphics and sound but it requires to much power for some low computerised graph cards so the game is only recommended for people with powerful computers but its defintelly recommend to give a shot cause its super addictive Nice work STEAM :)
  59. JoeK.
    Aug 19, 2006
  60. JonathanM.
    Aug 19, 2006
    This game is soo great, i see people all over the net using it's content. UGO Flaspplayer has games of it, "Jaso" made a stick movie of it, and no wonder why. Downloading this game through Valve gives you the game itself, SDK, And the Source engine(of course). Buying the game from a store give you the game itself, Day of Defeat: Source, And Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Source. Both for This game is soo great, i see people all over the net using it's content. UGO Flaspplayer has games of it, "Jaso" made a stick movie of it, and no wonder why. Downloading this game through Valve gives you the game itself, SDK, And the Source engine(of course). Buying the game from a store give you the game itself, Day of Defeat: Source, And Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Source. Both for only 19.95, tell me that isnt a great deal. Expand
  61. DaveQ.
    Aug 2, 2006
    A visually impressive game whos excellent sound effects add greatly to the immersion effect, Counterstrike is ruined by its lack of playbalance. Eventually, Counterstrike becomes a repetitive rush to gain the most powerful weapons, such as sniper rifles that kill in one hit with absolute accuracy even when running and even jumping. Compounding the problem is the unprecedented amount of A visually impressive game whos excellent sound effects add greatly to the immersion effect, Counterstrike is ruined by its lack of playbalance. Eventually, Counterstrike becomes a repetitive rush to gain the most powerful weapons, such as sniper rifles that kill in one hit with absolute accuracy even when running and even jumping. Compounding the problem is the unprecedented amount of hacking, (though I have not played Diablo) resulting in people that shoot through walls and are themselves nearly immune to damage. The Valve Anti Cheat system seems only to allow more hacking. Expand
  62. OlleO.
    Aug 22, 2006
    i love the graphics in this game, btw its rly fun to see these dolls (players/humans) getting killed whit diferent kind of style.
  63. M.Dove
    Aug 23, 2006
    Been updating now for over 24 hours with 3-7 hours left to go and a 600k connection, what an absolute joke... every other of my 120+ installed games however runs like a dream... once again, valve take the apex of gaming and enviroments and simply put people off by making updates slow, laborious and in most cases frustrating
  64. DylanR.
    Aug 29, 2006
    while this game could be fun, for the average person with a nice computer, it is a poor, nay, awful imitation of cs1.6. The game feels slugish and slow paced. While the graphics are amazing, this game doesnt come anywhere close to cs1.6, which IMO is the greatest fps of all time. The competitive aspect of this game is also awful compared to 1.6.
  65. Brian
    Aug 6, 2006
    This game is great.. Good going valve.. Keep up the good developing
  66. MitchellL.
    Aug 6, 2006
    i love the surf maps they are the best.
  67. Humb1estWalker
    Aug 7, 2006
    Weather you like this game or not just know it introduced proper multiplayer co-op. Counter terroists versus terroists awsome. Pick your side. Only problem is that people can be so mean some times. Newbies beware...
  68. SpencerG.
    Aug 7, 2006
    This is the best FPS game. It has good graphics and it is realistic. Yaaaaaa
  69. TimothyB.
    Sep 12, 2006
    CS is like the most played online game. With the coming of CSS they made it even better with the corpses, better grenades, no shields ;) and nice maps.
  70. Ottoman
    Sep 12, 2006
    OMG Headshot! This game is the best PC game ever. See u in aztec n00bs
  71. HunterA.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Since 1.3 I have been addicted to counter-strike, with the release of CS Source, the maps have been reworked and the physics (Half-Life 2) are incredible, detail is uncomparable to the orginal, great remake of a classic game! CS-ADDICT for life.
  72. Camouflageninja
    Sep 17, 2006
    Greatest multiplayer game of all time!
  73. RodrigoA.
    Sep 19, 2006
    I think this is the best shooting game I've ever played and it deserves a 10.
  74. RicardoD.
    Sep 22, 2006
    Great game I just can't stop playing it and I've been doing it for almost 2 years.
  75. VictorW.
    Sep 22, 2006
    This game is easy and thats the way why I love it. I dont like difficult games.
  76. PhillipB.
    Sep 23, 2006
    A great action packed game that keep the adrenaline pumping.
  77. JamesW.
    Sep 23, 2006
    Excellent game! The best team person shooting game ever!
  78. LeeB.
    Sep 25, 2006
    The best ever game in my opinion full of different mods and clans and the graphics and physics are amazing. If I could I'd give it a 12.
  79. CavanG.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Best game I played so far, and I've played a lot of FPS related games including Unreal Tournament type games, Quake... I am a game fanatic... but out of all the games I know of so far, Counter Strike source to me is the best.
  80. MikeM.
    Sep 27, 2006
    I have played CS since the first version came out with Half Life. It still kicks any Team based games out there. For some reason I keep coming back for more.
  81. RyanK.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Well made game. Lots of detail and thought went into this. A classic game and a must have for PC owners!
  82. ClementB.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Very cool and fun game. Source is a very good game.
  83. DarrelG.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Games of this quality usually are pay to play. I hope they continue to make top of the line software and keep just the way it is. They constantly come out with upgrades and additions to their games, making somthing already awesome, even better!
  84. DominikE.
    Sep 3, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  85. Novi4ekNone
    Sep 9, 2006
    good game
  86. [STD]uN4m3d
    Jan 10, 2007
    Great graphics and great new and improved maps. Great buy menu features. It would be a 10 if it had the game play of 1.6. Frankly, you can kill and be killed too easily and one's actions are not as life-like.
  87. Disposable
    Oct 12, 2007
    Great Game! Brilliant graphics and will run well on a large range of PC's, good gameplay that is not overly complex, does not require large amounts of teamwork which allows for a good pub session but competatively is well balanced and a very exciting game. This game allows new gamers to the fps genre see what its all about but also is a little relief from 'twitch' gaming Great Game! Brilliant graphics and will run well on a large range of PC's, good gameplay that is not overly complex, does not require large amounts of teamwork which allows for a good pub session but competatively is well balanced and a very exciting game. This game allows new gamers to the fps genre see what its all about but also is a little relief from 'twitch' gaming seen in the Call of Duty titles (not saying these are bad games, i own and play CoD2). I believe Counter Strike: Source for this reason represents the basics of the fps genre without to many 'fancy' bits. For those veteran gamers Counter Strike: Source offers the equal, if not, a greater gaming experience. Counter Strike 1.6 has for a long time been a very competitive centered game, with tournaments and ladders and recently CSS has managed to begin to equal the 1.6 leagues. Wars and scrims in counter strike source could not be more intense and exciting. Overall give this game a 10/10, truly one of the greatest games for online multiplayer Expand
  88. YuraT.
    Nov 3, 2007
    No comment
  89. JoeK.
    Oct 13, 2007
  90. MarkV.
    Jan 14, 2007
    An extremely poor attempt at recreating a classic title that still out performs it to this very day (Coutner-Strike 1.6). If this was a stand alone game under a different title, it would be moderately decent... but because it uses the Counter-Strike name, it fails to live up to expectations. Everything that made the original counter-strike so great is gone, even the famed money system has An extremely poor attempt at recreating a classic title that still out performs it to this very day (Coutner-Strike 1.6). If this was a stand alone game under a different title, it would be moderately decent... but because it uses the Counter-Strike name, it fails to live up to expectations. Everything that made the original counter-strike so great is gone, even the famed money system has been nerfed in Source. If you are looking for a game to test your new computer, buy Half-Life 2... if you are looking for a game that lasts, that has skill, fun, and an insanely large community... go with Counter-Strike 1.6, not Counter-Strike: Source. You will thank me later. Expand
  91. andrewmurphy
    Oct 16, 2007
    i giver it 9 because the graphics r good but and the guns r good but the health is weird yes in real life one shot to head ur dead im glad they inclueded that but if u get shot in the leg u would fall or shot to the stomoch,they should of made if u get shot in the stomach u lose helath bit by bit as in ur losing blood but overall great online game.
  92. JoeK.
    Jan 18, 2007
  93. Sch0k1
    Nov 8, 2007
    Nicer than ever, a wonderful game for everybody who loves ego shooter.
  94. SteveL.
    Jan 18, 2007
    I love this game.
  95. AltonC.
    Jan 19, 2007
    I believe that by far Counter strike Source is one of the most amazing and excellently interactive games on the market and i believe it to be a great way to not only play but to meet people make friends and build awesome teams for competition css is by far not only a great game with staying power but a great game in the all around sense of the word great.
  96. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 21, 2007
    good game
  97. EricS.
    Dec 22, 2007
    This game is pretty damn awesome. First off, the regular multiplayer maps (De_Dust, de_Inferno ECT.) are made very well. Another thing is the physics. The physics are extremely realistic, and if an admin doesn't like that they can easily make the physics like on a cartoon (You shoot a barrel and it flys till it hits a wall, lol.). The third thing is that if you don't like theThis game is pretty damn awesome. First off, the regular multiplayer maps (De_Dust, de_Inferno ECT.) are made very well. Another thing is the physics. The physics are extremely realistic, and if an admin doesn't like that they can easily make the physics like on a cartoon (You shoot a barrel and it flys till it hits a wall, lol.). The third thing is that if you don't like the regular game, you can always try"Surf" maps, where you slide on inclines and start with usually only a pistol (You get guns the further you go, I.E.: UMP45 if you only get 1/8th through, AWP if you get all the way through), Zombie Survival, which you have to utalize teamwork or you usually get rocked. You may say "BUT ZOMBERS ONLY HAS LOW HEALTH?". You are wrong; they have 2500 health (5000 for the starting one). There are still more modes, like DeathMatch and GunGame. The only problem I had with this game were the people with the ego the size of Betelguise (Really big star, for all of you who failed science ;D). They're the ones who usually ruin gameplay for me or other people.

"Boom, HEADSHOT!"
  98. Max
    Dec 2, 2007
    Its one of the best games ever, best graphic and gameplay teamplay its never better anything else.
  99. SonicB.
    Jan 23, 2007
    This is one of the best games I have ever played online and deserves a 10, the graphics are just so amazing and the game play is awesome.
  100. EldarE.
    Oct 24, 2007
    It has a great gameplay, but, its all the same, aint so mutch stuff to do so gets boring pretty fast.

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.