Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. Dec 16, 2016
    This game is amazing i played this game for hours on end, it is really fun when you play with friends and can get quite intense.for me this game is a solid 10.
  2. Oct 16, 2016
    Сколько же хейта от фанатов других частей кс, не понимаю.
    Какая же ностальгия от сурс, думаю, что если бы в детстве я играл в 1.6, то поставил бы ей оценку выше, но в детстве я полюбил другую.
    Люди ещё играют, графика приличная и физика тоже. Отличная часть.
    Сколько же хейта от фанатов других частей кс, не понимаю.
    Люди ещё играют, графика приличная и физика тоже.
    Отличная часть.
  3. Aug 21, 2016
    Counter Strike Source is the best CS Game. Awesome graphics for 2005, in CS GO isnt better, good community, in CS GO community is terrible, many different cool things and weapons, in CS GO isnt more, CS Source much better than CS GO, CS GO isnt cool and not deserve has got popular, CS Source is better, but in CS Source there are one minus, this is cheaters.
  4. Jun 22, 2016
    An iconic multiplayer FPS of the "oughts", my most played game between the age of Tribes 2 and that of Team Fortress 2. I would not say it's aged well, but the diversity of mods and occasional quality of life updates have ensured it's lasting playablity.
  5. Mar 11, 2016
    A lot better than CS: GO, but faces out dated graphics, even at the time. However, if there was one Counter-Strike I would recommend, it would be this.
  6. Jan 9, 2016
    Questo gioco è uno dei migliori FPS tattici che mi siano capitati sotto mano. Non solo richiede grande concentrazione e abilita , ma riesce anche a sbizzarrire e divertire i giocatori più esigenti con mappe e modalità divertentissime offerte dalla comunità.
  7. Dec 20, 2015
    All time best shooter and most fun PC game ever. What make the game rock is the realism, the dynamism of the matches, the tactics and the graphics. Impact of this game no other PC game has ever caused since then. Remain intact the physics of the original game while adding much better graphics.
  8. Jun 25, 2015
    I laugh a lot when i see that this **** page says that the ccs is better than the cs go,css better than cs:go JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA
  9. Jun 20, 2015
    Very good game! Very great graphics for the year of 2004! Valve did go very far with this game, just play it man, if you loved the CS 1.0~1.6 just grab this, its an graphic upgraded cs 1.6 br0, i dind't even play it that much ... ( 1300.00 hours in steam )

Overall, 420/69 would smoke again.
  10. Jun 15, 2015
    Previously playing CS:GO, I decided to buy the predecessor to see the origins of the game and how it flourished to the caliber it is today. I was greeted with servers that are less likely to share lag spikes with everyone on the server itself, but to individual players with high pings. A ghost town already, there was abusive chat and such that you see in any game open to everyone. The wayPreviously playing CS:GO, I decided to buy the predecessor to see the origins of the game and how it flourished to the caliber it is today. I was greeted with servers that are less likely to share lag spikes with everyone on the server itself, but to individual players with high pings. A ghost town already, there was abusive chat and such that you see in any game open to everyone. The way to cure that is to just ignore chat and turn off voice chat. As the game is a ghost town by the time I write this, it is still quite enjoyable to play on a 24/7 deathmatch server and just muck around with the different guns.
    Back to it being a ghost town again. Just like CS:GO, the community is wild, unregulated and very salty due to the lack of common people with administrative power (other than server owners).
  11. May 19, 2015
    This shows a very good improvement in Counter Strike, managed to bring a lot of player and required a lot of fun .
  12. Mar 23, 2015
    Exceptionally good and well crafted online fps game, raked up a total of 180 hours in this highly addictive steam based game. Love the overall combat style in stead of conventional aiming down of sights its hipfire and thus i belive adds more skill in the process of killing the opposition, love the inbuilt bot feature in which you can fire up anytime and get into the quick and fun actionExceptionally good and well crafted online fps game, raked up a total of 180 hours in this highly addictive steam based game. Love the overall combat style in stead of conventional aiming down of sights its hipfire and thus i belive adds more skill in the process of killing the opposition, love the inbuilt bot feature in which you can fire up anytime and get into the quick and fun action of a fully functional and interesting first person shooter.

The maps and addition of maps made by the community and the whole range of game modes available from a click of a button is an awesome feature that was integrated into the game to improve the users experience. Overally recommend this game to users who enjoy fast paced, instantanious, warfare.
  13. Mar 10, 2015
    As of 2012, this game still has a huge online presence and comes with a decent map editor, but those are about the only good things I can say. The community is immature, unintelligent, rude, and very narrow minded as to what a good game or map(level) is. de_dust for life!, and all that... I might come back to play with my friends, but every time quit because this game is too arcade, theAs of 2012, this game still has a huge online presence and comes with a decent map editor, but those are about the only good things I can say. The community is immature, unintelligent, rude, and very narrow minded as to what a good game or map(level) is. de_dust for life!, and all that... I might come back to play with my friends, but every time quit because this game is too arcade, the maps are small and boring, and there are too many "WTF" moments. Expand
  14. Jan 1, 2015
    *Terrorists kill nearly all counter-terrorists*

Bot 1: "Taking Fire, need assistance!"
    Bot 2: "Hold this position!"

*Everyone is dead except me*

*Snipes last terrorist with moving headshot*

"Counter-Terrorists Win"

:D

15. Sep 29, 2014
    I spent hundreds of hours playing this game in College. If I got bored of the regular game mode I always went over to a zombie server or a gungame server. The game had a large variety of maps made by the community, it's hard to get bored of the game.
  16. Sep 25, 2014
    This game is pretty good. My first cs game. + (Unboxing can be a waste of time or something really good)
    There is a nice thing called "CS LAG". "CS LAG" is a random lag spike that stays for a couple of minutes and that is a really bad thing.
  17. Sep 6, 2014
    They improved pretty much everything from the original and therefore made it better than it already was. Nearly 10 years old and it's still worth buying. 10/10
  18. Aug 2, 2014
    The pros of this game is that this game is always fun and different, and I have played for 100+ hours and recommend for anyone who likes valve games or fps's. For those who care about graphics and animations might not be too happy with it, but I promise, it is super fun!
  19. Jul 22, 2014
    The best military multiplayer shooter made. It's still a lot of fun and lots of people still play it. Get it at full price and definitely get it on a sale.
  20. Jul 20, 2014
    THE BEST MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER EVER!
    Really never had so much fun in an online FPS this is how Multiplayer Shooters should be! Better than CSGO in my opinion
  21. Apr 17, 2014
    I've had so much fun on this game and have spent hundreds of hours on this game, shifting from gun game, to zombie mods, deathrun, deathmatch, normal team deathmatch, bunnyhop servers, you name it. This game is beyond amazing and is great fun at LAN parties. This is one of my all time favourite games, and even though there are a few problems with it like tick rate on certain servers andI've had so much fun on this game and have spent hundreds of hours on this game, shifting from gun game, to zombie mods, deathrun, deathmatch, normal team deathmatch, bunnyhop servers, you name it. This game is beyond amazing and is great fun at LAN parties. This is one of my all time favourite games, and even though there are a few problems with it like tick rate on certain servers and stuff like that it's still a solid perfect working game and I love it.

I can't believe this game is almost 10 years old. Everything about this game is still impressive even to this day, such as the graphics, sound, engine, the gameplay.... It really shows the work that Valve and Turtle Rock Studios put into this game considering it's still one of the most played games on Steam almost a decade later.
  22. Mar 12, 2014
    Although the Counter-Strike: Source is so ambitious, it cannot reach its succeed like the Counter-Strike.however, we can see Valve had put a lot of effort to make this game to be perfect.In addition, it is a good game.
  23. Feb 21, 2014
    Ce jeu est super, tout est bien fait, les serveurs sont sécurisés, les équipes bien faites, les mini-jeux cool.
    Le -1 viens des grapgiques qui ne sont pas a jour.Je le recommande a tout ceux qui veulent un petit jeu de tir sans payer un triple A 60$
  24. Jan 14, 2014
    A boring, repetitive, multiplayer-only shooter which has spawned a terrible community. The gameplay mechanics are cheap and create a game that just isn't worth your time.
  25. Dec 31, 2013
    I hated this game so much. I played it for a couple of hours just trying to get use to the bulky and slow controls. Then once I found out how to finally control my character and play the game well I found it to unrealistic and dumb. I read some reviews and some said that the game is very realistic. I shot a guy with 7 rounds from a 9mm he didn't die. Plus not being able to aim down yourI hated this game so much. I played it for a couple of hours just trying to get use to the bulky and slow controls. Then once I found out how to finally control my character and play the game well I found it to unrealistic and dumb. I read some reviews and some said that the game is very realistic. I shot a guy with 7 rounds from a 9mm he didn't die. Plus not being able to aim down your sights unless you have a sniper rifle. What kinda of fps is this. People say that this game is great for team work and is just a great game overall when I'm constantly being yelled at for not doing good, but then when I learn the stupid controls and actually do amazing I'm called a cheater and still be called names. The community is worse than any other fps I have ever played. The terrible game play does not help either. Your options are move, jump, squat and shoot. What I can't even lay down. I've play iPad games better than this. In all honesty this game is a total piece of crap and is not worth spending your time trying to figure out how it works while being yelled at by your team mates and called some of the worst things and told to go do some very inappropriate stuff. Like blanking my dead father log. Yes I was told to do this by every player in a server, in many different ways. This game should be discontinued. Expand
  26. Dec 29, 2013
    I have played so much fps games and the counter strike series and team fortress 2 are the only ones that I have found extremely addicting and highly replay-able. This game have a graphical advantage above every fps game at that time of the gaming industry.
  27. Dec 8, 2013
    이보다 겁니다
    무엇을 어서사세요!
    세계를
  28. Nov 27, 2013
    Although rather frustrating at times due to how unique the hit boxes are with the source engine, I've never had an online game that I play for as long at a time as I do this one. Also a joy to play with friends/other people, as most players online are really cool, laid back people.
  29. Nov 15, 2013
    Great remake. With so many mods. You never get bored. Drawbacks are the numerous cheaters that ruin public servers and some updates that force it to depend on steam. Other than that an classic what you should definitely have in your valve library.
  30. Oct 26, 2013
    Admittedly a multiplayer masterpiece, this grand game once again popularized and revolutionized the multiplayer/shooter genre It can feel the same as the first game of the series, but it's still addicting fun.
    In this game, you can choose to be the counter-terrorist or the terrorist, both of which have their distinct differences. Let's look at the differences:
    Counter-Terrorists: They
    Counter-Terrorists: They distinctly include on their inventory the overly popularized M4AI they also have other exlusive weapons and, to win, they have to defuse the bomb that terrorist planted or they can kill them all. They can be recognized by their clothing, usually wearing a helmet and an armor.
    Terrorists: They have their awesome AK 47 which is heavily used b players, they also have some exclusive weapons, and they need to plant the bomb to win or to eliminate all their enemies.
    Although it is fun, for newbies it can be punishingly difficult, being incredibly hard to master. I'm myself average at the game, but I enjoy it.
    What to say else? This game is fun, addicting and satisfying. I recommend this instead of the disappointing Global Offensive, and you won't regret it. (Final Score: 8.92)
  31. Oct 20, 2013
    One of the most strategic FPS games to date. The fact that you only get one life makes it all the more tactical and less of the usual run and gun. That said it can be quite difficult for beginners to get into this game because of its high difficulty.
  32. Oct 18, 2013
    Who ever gives this game a low score is a pathetic 8 year old CoD fanboy. This game is awesome, PERIOD. The graphics are amazing for 2004, gameplay is realistic, and requires skill, do not hesitate to try it out!
  33. Sep 18, 2013
    Still playing, logged in over 2000 hours. Need I say more? Nothing fancy but just a great arcade FPS game. Made many friends on here, had many amazing moments I wouldn't know where to begin.. Buy it.
  34. Sep 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter-Strike: Source is the best game released ever.
    This game is quite challenging and a good to play as well.
    Best texture details, Nice graphics, Better physics of the game. Also a game of 2004 is still way more better than dozens of today's games.
  35. Sep 5, 2013
    There is not much reason to be playing this after Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released. Everything about it is dated in comparison. Most importantly, there are only two or three servers that play official maps with a ping lower than 100 and with populated matches in my region.
  36. Sep 1, 2013
    This is a hardcore PC game and thats why I like it its still one of the still truly hardcore games ever and it looks better and is better than the first one so if you have a PC it is one of the best multiplayer games on the PC and there are loads of mods and its still very popular
  37. Aug 5, 2013
    i love it this takes gamers to the next level it this game takes at least way more skills than cod and day of defeat. the point of making a game great is by having it built for hardcore and they went through way more requirements for that than halo.
  38. Jul 31, 2013
    Source is incomparably better than classic cs 1.6. It just takes some time to get used to it. Nice graphics, beautiful detailed maps, better physics, excellent gameplay.
  39. Jun 24, 2013
    I don't think it is the best FPS or even the best CS in the world, but it is certainly a really good mixture of tactical and a simple shooter (at some servers..), but it has a huge bad point. It's community is awful. I mean the noob who says you are cheater because you play great and the pro who says you are a noob when you play not so well... And the swearing in chat and in microphoneI don't think it is the best FPS or even the best CS in the world, but it is certainly a really good mixture of tactical and a simple shooter (at some servers..), but it has a huge bad point. It's community is awful. I mean the noob who says you are cheater because you play great and the pro who says you are a noob when you play not so well... And the swearing in chat and in microphone almost every minute is really annoying. If you didn't play with any of the older CS games, you should try it out.... but 1.6 is better... Expand
  40. Jun 23, 2013
    Without any doubt the best multiplayer team game I have ever played. CSS is a fun and awsome game where you must work with your team to win. There are a lot of weapons to buy, the maps are all great and uniqe, and i definetley recommend this game to all who like team based shooters.
  41. Jun 17, 2013
    Bad ass. This game seem to be pretty simple plant the bomb and wait until it explodes. However, there is plenty of factors which are putting this game on 1st place in multiplayer co-op genre. Skill, speed and team-play, that's what is all about. Definitely a LEADER in entire franchise of shooting experience. Titles like Call of Duty are way way behind this game. I would give 9.5, butBad ass. This game seem to be pretty simple plant the bomb and wait until it explodes. However, there is plenty of factors which are putting this game on 1st place in multiplayer co-op genre. Skill, speed and team-play, that's what is all about. Definitely a LEADER in entire franchise of shooting experience. Titles like Call of Duty are way way behind this game. I would give 9.5, but giving it 10 will not be a sin. Expand
  42. Jun 7, 2013
    Fun game to play when you're bored. The community does suck, but there are always servers that will be fun to play on with good communities. There is a very steep learning curve, so it will be hard for newcomers at this time because a lot of current CS:S players are veterans with at least a couple years of CS:S under their belt.
  43. May 23, 2013
    If you think Call of Duty is competitive don't even bother buying this game. This is for the die hard FPS fans. Huge learning curve. It will take a long time to hone your skills. This game is timeless and one of the most intense shooters ever released.
  44. May 20, 2013
    Cheating is very available on this game such a headshot aimer assists. Kills the game to a point where it is utter most boring. I saw players one shot headshots with shotguns at over 100 metres. Do not buy.
  45. May 6, 2013
    I really liked the transistion from the uncomparable 1.6 to Source; although there is a certain amount of problems: i bought this game to have fun, even though it was already 23 seconds in to the game and i had already been killed. This game is purely for professionals and hardcore gamers, and my only regret was that i bought the game, everybody was pro in it and they wouldn't give aI really liked the transistion from the uncomparable 1.6 to Source; although there is a certain amount of problems: i bought this game to have fun, even though it was already 23 seconds in to the game and i had already been killed. This game is purely for professionals and hardcore gamers, and my only regret was that i bought the game, everybody was pro in it and they wouldn't give a chance to "n00bs". Expand
  46. Apr 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I swear the first time I was playing CS 1,6 for 1 years in Greece after that I went to US I was looking for the CS 1,6 i did not find it because i did not know that is already in steam... And i just buy the CSS from steam i swear from 2009 until now am playing CSS is the best game in steam has everything you want,...
    I never buy game from steam all the time playing CSS but i will say the people who say this game is boring or bad YOUR WRONG...this game has different type of maps games everything. this game created for long time to play and not for a game you will play it 1 month and you will say PFFF boring lets find something else.
  47. Apr 25, 2013
    This is by far, one of my personal favorite games of all time. I have over 700 hours invested into this, which to some people is not that much at all, but it gives me the room to talk and have a respected review. First things first, as I read from another review, if you want to get better at aiming and being good at other first person shooters, this is the game for you. A personalThis is by far, one of my personal favorite games of all time. I have over 700 hours invested into this, which to some people is not that much at all, but it gives me the room to talk and have a respected review. First things first, as I read from another review, if you want to get better at aiming and being good at other first person shooters, this is the game for you. A personal experience of mine is that all my friends wonder how I can aim with ease and not miss as much as they would. Well this is the game that taught me. Now there's an updated version of this game that even has stricter aiming rules and everything is absolutely inaccurate when moving, but that's another story. This game provides your normal commodities such as the regular game types that you'd expect, in fact I believe it's safe to say that a lot of game types that you see now such as surf, gun game, and zombie mod (Zombies), could have been deprived from this game. But if you're up for a shooter that actually requires more skill then to hold down the Mouse 1 button, this is the game for you. Give it a try, it's cheap, and it's worth the buy.

Cheers
  48. Mar 27, 2013
    if source i dont know you play in steam or what because i just play a bot but i like a weapon first because its amazing and almost hard to kill but i like the headshot 1 shot 1 kil still interesting source in steam i dont know still good game
  49. Mar 25, 2013
    I honestly believe that this game owes its success to its simplicity! tha fact that you don't have to spend a lot of hours to upgrade weapons like other shooter games, but you decide to join either counter terrorists or terrorists forces and have fun with other people on-line makes me vote no less than 9/10! Excellent game!
  50. Feb 5, 2013
    Obviously this game's graphics are out dated. Obviously this game's player base is full of pros. Hell, even I only started playing in 2010. However this game is a diamond in the rough for both casual and hardcore gamers. People complain that good players constantly dominate them. And yes, yes they do. Like myself, new players will always need to rise up and play, play, play to reach theObviously this game's graphics are out dated. Obviously this game's player base is full of pros. Hell, even I only started playing in 2010. However this game is a diamond in the rough for both casual and hardcore gamers. People complain that good players constantly dominate them. And yes, yes they do. Like myself, new players will always need to rise up and play, play, play to reach the point of these 'pros'. To begin, there is no penalty for loosing. There are no leader boards, there are no K/Ds. In failure, you might get some angry words thrown your way, but this is inevitable in a PC community. Nonetheless, you don't even need to start in a 'Reg' or 'Scrim' server. There are a handful of mods to play, like Minigames, JailBreak, DeathRun, Zombie Escape, Napalm, ZRiot, Bunnyhop, Surf, and more. In the midst of having fun while playing these gametypes, you will find your skills gradually climb upwards. This game defines fun in my eyes, sprouting a huge player base and community to fuel it. New players are actually very welcome, and it's just time to beat, not other players. Definitely a game to recommend to anyone looking to divulge into PC gaming. Expand
  51. Jan 3, 2013
    This game is terrible,a simply pure bad game,headshot headshot headshot hackers everywhere,walk to a corner,i got headshotted again,the only reason to buy it is the jailbreak mode and the zombie mode,also the gmod textures
  52. Dec 31, 2012
    Maybe a bit more interesting than the other tactical FPS. If you like that genre, then this is a good title for you. Personally I prefer FPS arena, so it's not a game that I play so much, but it's for sure better than COD/Battlefield, it requires more skill and teamwork.
  53. Dec 28, 2012
    [FR] Ce jeux et extraordinaire ,mais il manque quelques details comme : Les levels , Les armes a acheter avec de l'argent par exemple. Ce qui explique mon 9. Parcontre il et extraordinaire au niveau FPS. 9/10 :) !
  54. Nov 29, 2012
    this game is great fun to play because it gives you full customisation of your character, weapons and teams and this game also adds in textures for other games such as Garry's mod and many people might disagree with this but it is great for beginners because you also have your teammates their to help you if you aren't doing to well
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    Stay away from this game ... it will eat your social life like it's nothing.

Some may argue that CS 1.6 is better, but to men, this is the purest and ultimate form of Counter Strike ... endless pleasure of headshots ...
  56. Oct 15, 2012
    An ultimate shooter. How you play is dependent *entirely* on your technique! The maps are small enough to offer dynamic, quick engagement, yet still have multiple ways to get to the objective. The Source engine provides great lightning effects and realistic physics. On top of all that, the game can be modded to no end - skins, maps, gameplay type... There's a steep learning curve in theAn ultimate shooter. How you play is dependent *entirely* on your technique! The maps are small enough to offer dynamic, quick engagement, yet still have multiple ways to get to the objective. The Source engine provides great lightning effects and realistic physics. On top of all that, the game can be modded to no end - skins, maps, gameplay type... There's a steep learning curve in the online community, however - but once you've mastered your weapon of choice, the K/D ratio will look pleasant. Expand
  57. Sep 27, 2012
    I purchased this game about 3 weeks ago. I can for sure say that it is a fun, action-packed FPS. However, there is a much larger emphasis on staying alive than in a COD Free For All or a COD Team Deathmatch, which makes it much more hardcore. Note: these people have been playing it for years. I have spent over 50 hours on the game and I do not even compare to the experts (I can barelyI purchased this game about 3 weeks ago. I can for sure say that it is a fun, action-packed FPS. However, there is a much larger emphasis on staying alive than in a COD Free For All or a COD Team Deathmatch, which makes it much more hardcore. Note: these people have been playing it for years. I have spent over 50 hours on the game and I do not even compare to the experts (I can barely break even K/D ratio). CS:GO is a more noob friendly game (albeit not as friendly as something like COD or TF2). Also, CS does not have Free for all mode, so it isn't as chaotic as a small FFA map with 30 players on COD, however GunGame (Arms Race in CS:GO) becomes chaotic as there is no respawn time-- IMO very fun. Honestly I think CSS is better than CS:GO, but it is really personal preference (I think COD fans would like GO better). Expand
  58. Sep 24, 2012
    Valve has delivered Pure fun. Get your mates. Move your computers to your basement, Install CS Source and play. It´s such a great game! Custom modes are awesome and well made aswell as graphics and physics. It´s a must buy for all shooter fans!
  59. Sep 8, 2012
    I can't say that it's much better than cs 1.6 , but it's real fun, and if you are new at it or just, want to be better without playing with others, you can play with bots, that is great.
  60. Aug 31, 2012
    Es ist eines der besten Spiele die jemals rausgekommen sind alleine schon das normale Gameplay ist gut und die Grafik Akzeptabel aber die Mods erst die das Hauptspektakel sind.
  61. Aug 15, 2012
    For a title that had massive boots to fill, it sits proudly ontop of the original. The basic gameplay is faithfully recreated with no new quirks or features weighing it down. The game itself fits well into the beautifully designed Source engine. There's nothing new apart from the graphic overhaul, and that's all the fans surely wanted. Well done Valve.
  62. Aug 8, 2012
    After downloading this game in 2012, playing it for one or two hours, I did sort of enjoy the fast paced action, but some of it was a little too hectic, it didn't really have the same feel as the FPS games i'm used to playing, granted this is an old game by now, but I just didn't want to carry on playing.
  63. Aug 6, 2012
    Allright, this comes from a HC Gamer i have bunch of bucnh of games on steam etc im only PC gamer. Yes you see 4/10. One of my first games was cs 1.6 on PC like when i was 8--10 years old. This game is so HC and unforgiving and hard :S! Really way too bad crosshairs etc i dont like it at all. Im tired of many FPS's these days already like BF3. But this is just too HC.

Only thing is that

Only thing is that with mods or maps it can be fun :)! ze, zm, surf, jb(NotForMe) are good fun ways to chill :)! ze being my favourite and its fun. But normal CSS? Too HC, you need to be crazy player if u want to succeed.
  64. Jul 13, 2012
    Bonjour à tous
    Si je devais mettre une noteau jeu steam "Counter Strike: Source"Je lui mets sans hisité 10 / 10 car c'ets un jeu FPS de très bonne qualité pour l'année 2004.
  65. Jul 6, 2012
    Counter Strike: Source is a very over rated game. It holds nothing special from any other shooter. The only reason I play it is because of surf. The game play is so repetitive and gets boring very quickly. I played it a lot and thought it was fun at first, but after a while it just got boring. There is nothing special to it. The mods are so much more fun than the actual vanilla game.Counter Strike: Source is a very over rated game. It holds nothing special from any other shooter. The only reason I play it is because of surf. The game play is so repetitive and gets boring very quickly. I played it a lot and thought it was fun at first, but after a while it just got boring. There is nothing special to it. The mods are so much more fun than the actual vanilla game. Idiots play the zombie game mode. It's completely unfit for a zombie game mode. Garry's Mod is much better suited for it or an actual ZOMBIE GAME. Jail break is fun, but it gets repetitive. I don't see what's so fun about this game. The only fun parts are created by the users. Without the users, this game would be nothing. There would be hardly any maps, no other game modes, ect. The shotgun is over-powered as hell. It's ridiculous how much damage it does with distance. You can be 20 ft. away from someone and it only takes one shot to kill you at full health. This game is decent at best. Expand
  66. Jun 17, 2012
    This is an amazing game. The weapons are all real, the maps are detailed, the graphics look good even though they are pretty old. Its easy to learn and its fun to think up weapon combos to fight with. For example, Dual pistols and super shotgun. There is roughly 40-ish weapons in the game. The lack of content is a bit sad. Its shorter than portal, and it has very little single player value.
  67. Jun 10, 2012
    Counter-Strike series is one of the essential games that can improve your reaction and aiming skills in gaming. There are no unlocks, perks, level ups or anything related to these. Just your wrists and your reaction. That's what I love about gaming. If you're looking for a team-play skill-based shooter, then this game will be your perfect choice.
  68. Jun 8, 2012
    Amazing game and lots of fun but if you have little or moderate experience with shooters be warned. I have played this game on and off for years, used to be in a bunch of clans which added to the fun. Especially doing scrims against other clans. I would not recommend for the faint of heart due to its competitiveness and the fact that you will get killed alot if your reflexes/hand eyeAmazing game and lots of fun but if you have little or moderate experience with shooters be warned. I have played this game on and off for years, used to be in a bunch of clans which added to the fun. Especially doing scrims against other clans. I would not recommend for the faint of heart due to its competitiveness and the fact that you will get killed alot if your reflexes/hand eye coordination is average. Expand
  69. HeX
    May 20, 2012
    A fantastic game, anyone who doesn't own it must check it out. There is a large learning curve and many people online are fantastic players. There isn't much room for new players, so get a few friends to get it at the same time.
  70. May 14, 2012
    Still the most effective time waster and the easiest multiplayer experience ever. -1 for incomplete global ranking system. Hopefully CSGO will have the promised global leaderboard done right - and hopefully, just hopefully there will be cross platform gameplay in the future.
  71. May 13, 2012
    Absolutely an amazing game, hardcore and fast-paced, your heart will be rushing as you play on one of these fantastically made maps, plus you have tons of different types of game modes, you have things like Jailbreak, mini games, hide and seek, and many more! I recommend this game to anyone who wants a game where you will be able to hang out with a semi-mature community playing someAbsolutely an amazing game, hardcore and fast-paced, your heart will be rushing as you play on one of these fantastically made maps, plus you have tons of different types of game modes, you have things like Jailbreak, mini games, hide and seek, and many more! I recommend this game to anyone who wants a game where you will be able to hang out with a semi-mature community playing some fantastic games. Expand
  72. May 9, 2012
    Counter Strike Source is epic in many ways, and It's better than the original. It is bloody, fun and strategic (sometimes). Gameplay is extremely fun, graphics are great, but sound effects are mediocre (I know this game is a remake of the original Counter Strike, but they would work more about the sound). So, everything upgraded, except sound. But, anyway, this game is a blast! (9.1)
  73. May 4, 2012
    The game's all right. The lighting on the maps could be better and it's hard to tell who's your teammate from a distance. Sometimes I shoot an enemy and it seems to take forever to kill them.
  74. Apr 25, 2012
    Excelent calification for an excellent shooter, plays well after so many years it lauched, it's very competitive and the graphics are just fine. A must have FPS to play online!
  75. Apr 21, 2012
    Should i say anything ? Yes Counter-Strike ! A Valve masterpiece, sequels of Counter-Strike, one of the most played game in the world, get it if you like that kind of games, since it's worth the value.
  76. Apr 15, 2012
    Best. FPS. Ever.
    Graphics reduce the game just to the bare minimum, it's basically cs1.6 but it doesn't hurt your eyes.
    Best. FPS. Ever.
    It all comes down to the best reflexes, the most precision, knowledge of the maps. Tactics are very important for competitive play, but there are millions of custom maps available, countless custom modes and mods have evolved over time, surf maps, gungame, warcraft mods, rat maps, minigame maps, bunnyhop maps, death run maps, ...
    If played this game for approximately 3000 hours, it is worth every penny!
  77. Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks to the updates over the years, this game is nearly flawless.
    It can be VERY difficult to get into at first, but spending time on some humans vs. bots servers will help with that (maybe Valve should host some training servers).

Anyhow, I used to hate this game and now I love it.
  78. Mar 22, 2012
    the graphics remains already so many years good=))) this is very nice game=))) it is one of games forever=))) it is so much years and popularity still keeps at level=)))
  79. Mar 14, 2012
    harikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  80. Mar 13, 2012
    A awesome fps for really hardcore players but also that maybe the bad side,as this game is mainly played by pro`s it is extremly hard for new players to pop in because they will get raped so bad.This game is rather old so the graphics aren't too great but the game is rather life like and the community has created many mods and new maps so for me well worth 10 bucks.
  81. Mar 7, 2012
    This game is difficult. That's an under statement. It's HARD AS FRICK. You must get good at this to have fun. Otherwise, you'll have better luck playing offline, honing your skills (which is what i did). There is a lot of strategy to this. Since you only have one life per round, you have to be careful and think thoroughly. A large selection of guns allows to try everything and findThis game is difficult. That's an under statement. It's HARD AS FRICK. You must get good at this to have fun. Otherwise, you'll have better luck playing offline, honing your skills (which is what i did). There is a lot of strategy to this. Since you only have one life per round, you have to be careful and think thoroughly. A large selection of guns allows to try everything and find something you're awesome at. However, some of the maps can be confusing, some servers are full of total **** and there are often hackers on servers. So, this game is a great alternative to other shooters, but you have to sink some time into it to find a good server and get good at the game itself. Expand
  82. Mar 6, 2012
    After 6 years of semi professional playing i can say, this game is the **** God I spent so many hours playing it, sure if you are new to the genre it won´t be that much fun in the beginnings, but if your gameplay grows the fun grows too!

Definatly the multiplayer game of my life!
  83. Mar 4, 2012
    i got counter strike source because it was recommend by a friend and he really wanted me to have this game he gave me a 50 % voucher for it so i got it. when i tired a normal server i rage quited so quickly because it is mainly search and destroy which if fine unless you just get flashed banged 50 times a round. then i found the light at the end of the tunnel. it had a team deathmatchi got counter strike source because it was recommend by a friend and he really wanted me to have this game he gave me a 50 % voucher for it so i got it. when i tired a normal server i rage quited so quickly because it is mainly search and destroy which if fine unless you just get flashed banged 50 times a round. then i found the light at the end of the tunnel. it had a team deathmatch server which is better but it has no total score limit, it is basicly who can spawn trap each other first. the other good server i found was a zombie server and this was very good because there was normal a big boss which would take a thousand bullets before it got bored and flew away. overall if there was no tdm or zombie servers i would rate it a 2 at the highest. Expand
  84. Mar 1, 2012
    The ultimate multiplayer FPS for PCs. Pure skill- and reaction-based game with no auto-aim silliness like in CoD and other series. It's a classic that never gets old.
  85. Feb 29, 2012
    A fun and addictive shooter. Watching someones ragdoll slump to the ground after a well aimed headshot is extremely rewarding. My problem comes from the weapon balance. The M4 and AK47 dominate but are hard to master. That simple fact alone makes it really hard to get good at this game. Most of the other guns are complete rubbish (ump45) and the AWP is one of the most overpowered guns IA fun and addictive shooter. Watching someones ragdoll slump to the ground after a well aimed headshot is extremely rewarding. My problem comes from the weapon balance. The M4 and AK47 dominate but are hard to master. That simple fact alone makes it really hard to get good at this game. Most of the other guns are complete rubbish (ump45) and the AWP is one of the most overpowered guns I have ever seen in a game. There is just no exuse for a gun where you can instantley look down the scope and hit somebody almost anywhere and it instakills them Expand
  86. Des
    Jan 24, 2012
    CS: Source defines skill based CQ combat. May get frustrating, if one wants to be the king of the hill on day one. This is a game for those who like to work their way up a crowded ladder of some pretty hardcore gamers.

Again, an old game, but who cares. Get it. This is a genre defining piece of art.
  87. Jan 21, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Source is a game developed by Valve Corporation and uses the Source engine to power the game. With thousands of maps and mods for the game; does Counter-Strike: Source live up to the Counter-Strike name? Originally released in 2004, the same year as Half-Life 2; the game has a round based game style (like Search and Destroy from COD, this game came out before), one team areCounter-Strike: Source is a game developed by Valve Corporation and uses the Source engine to power the game. With thousands of maps and mods for the game; does Counter-Strike: Source live up to the Counter-Strike name? Originally released in 2004, the same year as Half-Life 2; the game has a round based game style (like Search and Destroy from COD, this game came out before), one team are the 'Terrorists (T)' the other team are the 'Counter-Terrorists (CT)' the T's objective is to simply plant the bomb at a bomb site and protect it, whilst the CT's job is to avoid it and kill the T's. It works and is alot better than S&D from COD because you can have up to 64+ players on a server at once playing the one server. The on top of that you have all of the different mods, like Zombie Mod, Zombie escape, Jail break, Hide and Seek. There are countless number of mods which are all very good and very addictive. I would definitely recommend the game to any FPS fan or even anyone partly interested in should pick it up, and this is coming from someone who has played almost 1500 hours of it in total. Expand
  88. Jan 20, 2012
    With almost 150 achievements to collect, hundreds of user made maps, and the constant challenge of improving your K:D, Counter strike is not only one of the hardest but also the most exciting games I ever played. It rivals such hits as Call of Duty, Halo, and Valve's own Team Fortress 2. The game is difficult and new users will quickly learn that this is not your ordinary shooter. It isWith almost 150 achievements to collect, hundreds of user made maps, and the constant challenge of improving your K:D, Counter strike is not only one of the hardest but also the most exciting games I ever played. It rivals such hits as Call of Duty, Halo, and Valve's own Team Fortress 2. The game is difficult and new users will quickly learn that this is not your ordinary shooter. It is fast paced and breathtaking. Few things can outdo the strange feeling of accomplishment that you get when you earn your next achievement, or when you punch a hole through a terrorist's head. Each gun has it's own unique advantages and disadvantages.
    Truly, CS:S is a monumental game, and you should thank the forces that be that you can get this game, along with several other of Valve's earlier games for only $30! Now go save the world!
  89. Jan 17, 2012
    Outstanding beautiful game with fast pasted gameplay! (thats how i like it!) I have been playing this since the realease and its surprising it can be that beautiful of a 2005 game! respect to Valve headquarters for doing a hard work on making maybe the best FPS out there!
  90. Jan 6, 2012
    The most hours I've ever spent on any game. Even played CAL-IM back in the day. Very hardcore pc following, however the community is full of little kids and elitists now. Im in the new CS beta. Global Offensive is pretty fun , and hopefully will bring back the veterans.
  91. Dec 30, 2011
    Although this game is not newbie friendly, for the community that has been involved CS since the Betas of the original counter-strike this game is a blast. The most fun I have ever had with a first person shooter. Sure it sucks to wait every round if you die early but this just gives you an incentive to practice and get better so it is not you who has to wait the whole round. TheAlthough this game is not newbie friendly, for the community that has been involved CS since the Betas of the original counter-strike this game is a blast. The most fun I have ever had with a first person shooter. Sure it sucks to wait every round if you die early but this just gives you an incentive to practice and get better so it is not you who has to wait the whole round. The learning curve is not too bad but not too easy. The graphics and physics are nice. The hit boxes could be better but all that can be fixed and adjusted with rates. Most people complaining on here dont know what a console is so they dont know how to adjust any rates and just cry. Expand
  92. Dec 29, 2011
    You know how to find the enemies? I cannot find them until I have been dead.But the surrounding is really cool.this is a game,not competitive.Is this the successful STEAM make valve addicted to the business value and forget what makes them great.I think people like to see the FPS reborn, not DOTA2.
  93. Dec 27, 2011
    the shooting mechanics are good, but the plot and chracter development are absolutely minimal, which i didnt think was valves style. alot of the plot doesnt make any sense, really poor effort there :(
  94. Dec 21, 2011
    CS is, along with quake, the very definition of old school FPS and is quite unique compared with the majority of shooters released today. What I don't like about it is the core gameplay, the way you aim - there is only hipfire and no weapon can spray even remotely accurately (which redenders the LMG m249 completely useless). The good things about however are that there is a strongCS is, along with quake, the very definition of old school FPS and is quite unique compared with the majority of shooters released today. What I don't like about it is the core gameplay, the way you aim - there is only hipfire and no weapon can spray even remotely accurately (which redenders the LMG m249 completely useless). The good things about however are that there is a strong community around it, and there are lots of user created maps and game modes, such as gun game, surf or mini game. Expand
  95. Dec 18, 2011
    If you hate CS:S, it's because you love CS 1.6.
    If you hate CS, it's because you play CoD.
    If you hate CS:S, it's because you love CS 1.6.
    If you hate CS, it's because you play CoD.
    But anyway, there are good things, and bad things about this game. First of all, the game's concept is good. The fact that when you die, you don't respawn, make it slightly more realistic. The game's concept hasn't changed at all since CS 1.6, which I am really glad of. I'm glad that Valve decided not to put in a cheesy story mode into a game that is meant to be for multiplayer, and perfecting your reflexes.
    However, this game can get horribly buggy at times. Reason? Well, sometimes you are right in front of your opponent, and shooting them heaps of times, but the game thinks that the bullets missed and the opponent doesn't lose HP, and they realise you're there and shoot you and you die. This happens to me about 20% of the time.
    Now if you thought that was bad, there's more. There has been an update to CS to try and make the AWP 'less overpowered', and sometimes, like written above, you shoot the opponent, what used to be a one-hit kill, became a miss. Quick-scoping screws up the accuracy, only scoping once screws up the accuracy, and when you miss, it's almost as if the game is screwing with you, and it makes you rage most of the time.
    However, overall, this game is very fun to come back to every now and then, and the CS franchise probably won't be ending any time soon (hoping that CS:GO won't be disappointing).
    As for the price, it could be a little overpriced. I got it on a sale, for $5, which is definitely worth it, but since the regular CS game can get a little boring without any kinds of mods, I reckon $10 or $15 is more of a reasonable price.
    The achievements are fun to get, though some of them can take a while (example: Kill 1000 people with the awp, or example: kill 10,000 enemies).
    I hate how in games like this, many of the achievements are to kill a whole tonne of enemies.
    Despite everything that I have said above, I would still recommend this game for everyone except people who hate FPSes.
    All CS needs now is a CS 2.0. That is what the CS franchise is lacking at the moment.
  96. Dec 13, 2011
    There is something for everyone in this game, unique mods/modes, different maps, and it's a blast to play with your friends or alone in a zombie server! Released in 2004, this game is still popular and strong as ever. Sometimes you just find yourself needing a quick fix of some CSS.
  97. Dec 10, 2011
    I've briefly tried out this game at my friend's house, and it was decent. The game is engaging; you can buy, customize weapons, plant bombs, and just go raging all over (and die). However if you are noob this game will be very hard to play; like "AA3" there are no respawns and it's all really a cycle of kill-shoot-kill. If you're a obsessive valve gamer or a critic who loves the fps genreI've briefly tried out this game at my friend's house, and it was decent. The game is engaging; you can buy, customize weapons, plant bombs, and just go raging all over (and die). However if you are noob this game will be very hard to play; like "AA3" there are no respawns and it's all really a cycle of kill-shoot-kill. If you're a obsessive valve gamer or a critic who loves the fps genre I might recommend the game. But remember; you will drop the game in a few hours. Expand
  98. Nov 30, 2011
    Undisputedly solid gaemplay mechanics, controls and strategy. Plenty of modded servers online as well as offline bots. What fascinates me is how the actual game itself- the round based gameplay- gets boring too quickly. Everything becomes too predictable because the maps are so linear. I spent barely any time playing the actual game and more time exploring mods and deathmatches and newUndisputedly solid gaemplay mechanics, controls and strategy. Plenty of modded servers online as well as offline bots. What fascinates me is how the actual game itself- the round based gameplay- gets boring too quickly. Everything becomes too predictable because the maps are so linear. I spent barely any time playing the actual game and more time exploring mods and deathmatches and new maps. Of course there are plenty of intense moments but even if this is the case, there's never anything new. You've seen everything there is to see before the gmae starts. Yes it's a good thing so that inexpereinced players can jump in and play, but I feel that with the recent updates Valve could have added new game modes instead of just adding achievements, stats tracking (a bit late for that after 6 years the game had been out) and the updated game engine. To really enjoy this game how it should be played you need to either play at a LAN party with people you know just for fun or if you play online make sure you're on a decent server. There's so many intolerant players that are arrogant and have no respect for newcomers. What's most difficult is finding servers to suit your ksill level. One full of noobs becomes boring, as does getting headshotted immediately by pros who shoot at the floor with AK47 and somehow kill you. It's definitely not a game that you just go out, buy, play and enjoy. Expand
  99. Nov 30, 2011
    Very good game for the price, this is mainly due to it's endless ways to play. I've played 1110 hours and I'm still having fun. There's literally hundreds of game-modes to play due to the huge community of the game. The community for this game is also fantastic and the amount of user made content is just insane, anyone can download their map making tool, watch some YouTube tutorials andVery good game for the price, this is mainly due to it's endless ways to play. I've played 1110 hours and I'm still having fun. There's literally hundreds of game-modes to play due to the huge community of the game. The community for this game is also fantastic and the amount of user made content is just insane, anyone can download their map making tool, watch some YouTube tutorials and make their own custom content. Although the game is very punishing to new players, I'd say it's one of the hardest FPS' to play, but once you've played this game for a while, you can pretty much pick up any other FPS. Overall I'd recommend you purchase this game, it can suit anyone, there's mini-games for those who enjoy fun over serious game-play and then there's gaming leagues for those who just enjoy fragging. Expand

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.