8.9

1. Dec 10, 2011
    I've briefly tried out this game at my friend's house, and it was decent. The game is engaging; you can buy, customize weapons, plant bombs, and just go raging all over (and die). However if you are noob this game will be very hard to play; like "AA3" there are no respawns and it's all really a cycle of kill-shoot-kill. If you're a obsessive valve gamer or a critic who loves the fps genreI've briefly tried out this game at my friend's house, and it was decent. The game is engaging; you can buy, customize weapons, plant bombs, and just go raging all over (and die). However if you are noob this game will be very hard to play; like "AA3" there are no respawns and it's all really a cycle of kill-shoot-kill. If you're a obsessive valve gamer or a critic who loves the fps genre I might recommend the game. But remember; you will drop the game in a few hours. Expand
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    Undisputedly solid gaemplay mechanics, controls and strategy. Plenty of modded servers online as well as offline bots. What fascinates me is how the actual game itself- the round based gameplay- gets boring too quickly. Everything becomes too predictable because the maps are so linear. I spent barely any time playing the actual game and more time exploring mods and deathmatches and newUndisputedly solid gaemplay mechanics, controls and strategy. Plenty of modded servers online as well as offline bots. What fascinates me is how the actual game itself- the round based gameplay- gets boring too quickly. Everything becomes too predictable because the maps are so linear. I spent barely any time playing the actual game and more time exploring mods and deathmatches and new maps. Of course there are plenty of intense moments but even if this is the case, there's never anything new. You've seen everything there is to see before the gmae starts. Yes it's a good thing so that inexpereinced players can jump in and play, but I feel that with the recent updates Valve could have added new game modes instead of just adding achievements, stats tracking (a bit late for that after 6 years the game had been out) and the updated game engine. To really enjoy this game how it should be played you need to either play at a LAN party with people you know just for fun or if you play online make sure you're on a decent server. There's so many intolerant players that are arrogant and have no respect for newcomers. What's most difficult is finding servers to suit your ksill level. One full of noobs becomes boring, as does getting headshotted immediately by pros who shoot at the floor with AK47 and somehow kill you. It's definitely not a game that you just go out, buy, play and enjoy. Expand
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    A boring, repetitive, multiplayer-only shooter which has spawned a terrible community. The gameplay mechanics are cheap and create a game that just isn't worth your time.
  4. Oct 11, 2010
    I can definitely see the appeal this game might have on some people, I did not find it to be that special, maybe I like my shooters not to be so realistic. Keep in mind this is based on my personal taste. Overall this is an excellent game for those that enjoy this type of multipayer experience.
  5. May 19, 2015
    This shows a very good improvement in Counter Strike, managed to bring a lot of player and required a lot of fun .
  6. Sep 6, 2014
    They improved pretty much everything from the original and therefore made it better than it already was. Nearly 10 years old and it's still worth buying. 10/10
  7. Jan 6, 2012
    The most hours I've ever spent on any game. Even played CAL-IM back in the day. Very hardcore pc following, however the community is full of little kids and elitists now. Im in the new CS beta. Global Offensive is pretty fun , and hopefully will bring back the veterans.
  8. Oct 20, 2013
    One of the most strategic FPS games to date. The fact that you only get one life makes it all the more tactical and less of the usual run and gun. That said it can be quite difficult for beginners to get into this game because of its high difficulty.
  9. Aug 8, 2012
    After downloading this game in 2012, playing it for one or two hours, I did sort of enjoy the fast paced action, but some of it was a little too hectic, it didn't really have the same feel as the FPS games i'm used to playing, granted this is an old game by now, but I just didn't want to carry on playing.
  10. Apr 17, 2014
    I've had so much fun on this game and have spent hundreds of hours on this game, shifting from gun game, to zombie mods, deathrun, deathmatch, normal team deathmatch, bunnyhop servers, you name it. This game is beyond amazing and is great fun at LAN parties. This is one of my all time favourite games, and even though there are a few problems with it like tick rate on certain servers andI've had so much fun on this game and have spent hundreds of hours on this game, shifting from gun game, to zombie mods, deathrun, deathmatch, normal team deathmatch, bunnyhop servers, you name it. This game is beyond amazing and is great fun at LAN parties. This is one of my all time favourite games, and even though there are a few problems with it like tick rate on certain servers and stuff like that it's still a solid perfect working game and I love it.

I can't believe this game is almost 10 years old. Everything about this game is still impressive even to this day, such as the graphics, sound, engine, the gameplay.... It really shows the work that Valve and Turtle Rock Studios put into this game considering it's still one of the most played games on Steam almost a decade later.
  11. Sep 5, 2013
    There is not much reason to be playing this after Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released. Everything about it is dated in comparison. Most importantly, there are only two or three servers that play official maps with a ping lower than 100 and with populated matches in my region.
  12. Sep 1, 2013
    This is a hardcore PC game and thats why I like it its still one of the still truly hardcore games ever and it looks better and is better than the first one so if you have a PC it is one of the best multiplayer games on the PC and there are loads of mods and its still very popular
  13. Mar 10, 2015
    As of 2012, this game still has a huge online presence and comes with a decent map editor, but those are about the only good things I can say. The community is immature, unintelligent, rude, and very narrow minded as to what a good game or map(level) is. de_dust for life!, and all that... I might come back to play with my friends, but every time quit because this game is too arcade, theAs of 2012, this game still has a huge online presence and comes with a decent map editor, but those are about the only good things I can say. The community is immature, unintelligent, rude, and very narrow minded as to what a good game or map(level) is. de_dust for life!, and all that... I might come back to play with my friends, but every time quit because this game is too arcade, the maps are small and boring, and there are too many "WTF" moments. Expand
  14. May 9, 2012
    Counter Strike Source is epic in many ways, and It's better than the original. It is bloody, fun and strategic (sometimes). Gameplay is extremely fun, graphics are great, but sound effects are mediocre (I know this game is a remake of the original Counter Strike, but they would work more about the sound). So, everything upgraded, except sound. But, anyway, this game is a blast! (9.1)
  15. Nov 1, 2011
    Counter Strike is a good multiplayer shooter. You probably will find hours of fun if you enjoy online shooter game. The mechanics of the game is simple but works well. Players purchase weapons and accessories with money they have received. Money is received in portions determined by the server each round plus bonuses for the following: team win, kills, completed objectives, and otherCounter Strike is a good multiplayer shooter. You probably will find hours of fun if you enjoy online shooter game. The mechanics of the game is simple but works well. Players purchase weapons and accessories with money they have received. Money is received in portions determined by the server each round plus bonuses for the following: team win, kills, completed objectives, and other miscellaneous factors. The game does offers a great depth of strategy for each individual player and teamwork is fairly important in it. The major failure of the game is it's one of the most hacked games ever. Because the the engine is open-source, modders creates lots of hacks to automatically aim their weapons for them. But right now they probably already moved to team fortress 2, so the game is still worth to pick up. Expand
  16. Dec 21, 2011
    CS is, along with quake, the very definition of old school FPS and is quite unique compared with the majority of shooters released today. What I don't like about it is the core gameplay, the way you aim - there is only hipfire and no weapon can spray even remotely accurately (which redenders the LMG m249 completely useless). The good things about however are that there is a strongCS is, along with quake, the very definition of old school FPS and is quite unique compared with the majority of shooters released today. What I don't like about it is the core gameplay, the way you aim - there is only hipfire and no weapon can spray even remotely accurately (which redenders the LMG m249 completely useless). The good things about however are that there is a strong community around it, and there are lots of user created maps and game modes, such as gun game, surf or mini game. Expand
  17. Sep 14, 2011
    What can i say? It's counter-strike... where the stupid annoying words that every idiot can't ever stop saying such as "Noob, nub" ect and "Pwn" were invented. Where wall hacks and aimbots were pioneered. Where jerk offs and clans that treat violent video games like its Church or Bible study to censor profanity even though there is blood all over the walls. It gets a 1 because this TitleWhat can i say? It's counter-strike... where the stupid annoying words that every idiot can't ever stop saying such as "Noob, nub" ect and "Pwn" were invented. Where wall hacks and aimbots were pioneered. Where jerk offs and clans that treat violent video games like its Church or Bible study to censor profanity even though there is blood all over the walls. It gets a 1 because this Title paved the way with its great gameplay for modern FPSs, but with it came the Clans, Cheaters and Trolls. Gameplay is one thing for a game... its community is another. Expand
  18. Sep 29, 2014
    I spent hundreds of hours playing this game in College. If I got bored of the regular game mode I always went over to a zombie server or a gungame server. The game had a large variety of maps made by the community, it's hard to get bored of the game.
  19. Apr 21, 2012
    Should i say anything ? Yes Counter-Strike ! A Valve masterpiece, sequels of Counter-Strike, one of the most played game in the world, get it if you like that kind of games, since it's worth the value.
  20. Nov 15, 2013
    Great remake. With so many mods. You never get bored. Drawbacks are the numerous cheaters that ruin public servers and some updates that force it to depend on steam. Other than that an classic what you should definitely have in your valve library.
  21. Aug 29, 2011
    This is fun. I got this on August 27th, 2011 because it was on sale for $5. And its really fun. It has great gameplay and good AI. Lots of cool weapons. But my only complaint is that its Multi-Player only. Anyways. Great Job Valve!
  22. Jul 5, 2011
    Oh yes good ole CSS, Get down and dirty swat style or go and plant a bomb and blow yourself up to find yourself in the afterlife with 40 virgins(yeah right...). this game is a classic what can i say if you didn't play it back in the day you missed out and its too late to appreciate its glory.
  23. Sep 27, 2012
    I purchased this game about 3 weeks ago. I can for sure say that it is a fun, action-packed FPS. However, there is a much larger emphasis on staying alive than in a COD Free For All or a COD Team Deathmatch, which makes it much more hardcore. Note: these people have been playing it for years. I have spent over 50 hours on the game and I do not even compare to the experts (I can barelyI purchased this game about 3 weeks ago. I can for sure say that it is a fun, action-packed FPS. However, there is a much larger emphasis on staying alive than in a COD Free For All or a COD Team Deathmatch, which makes it much more hardcore. Note: these people have been playing it for years. I have spent over 50 hours on the game and I do not even compare to the experts (I can barely break even K/D ratio). CS:GO is a more noob friendly game (albeit not as friendly as something like COD or TF2). Also, CS does not have Free for all mode, so it isn't as chaotic as a small FFA map with 30 players on COD, however GunGame (Arms Race in CS:GO) becomes chaotic as there is no respawn time-- IMO very fun. Honestly I think CSS is better than CS:GO, but it is really personal preference (I think COD fans would like GO better). Expand
  24. Jul 22, 2014
    The best military multiplayer shooter made. It's still a lot of fun and lots of people still play it. Get it at full price and definitely get it on a sale.
  25. Nov 17, 2011
    The game is okay as long as you are mentally retarded. This game is the definition of boring. In it's entirety it doesn't even face any competitive means nor the vibe of unlocking something new. I wouldn't want to compare Battlefield 3 to such a mediocre game, but I have to since they both share the boring gameplay. A gamer doesn't want to stick with the same boring crap throughout theThe game is okay as long as you are mentally retarded. This game is the definition of boring. In it's entirety it doesn't even face any competitive means nor the vibe of unlocking something new. I wouldn't want to compare Battlefield 3 to such a mediocre game, but I have to since they both share the boring gameplay. A gamer doesn't want to stick with the same boring crap throughout the entire game, they want something new. That is why Call of Duty is the best and I have no idea why people would still play this horsecrap. Expand
  26. Jan 1, 2015
    *Terrorists kill nearly all counter-terrorists*

Bot 1: "Taking Fire, need assistance!"
    Bot 2: "Hold this position!"

*Everyone is dead except me*

*Snipes last terrorist with moving headshot*

"Counter-Terrorists Win"

:D

27. Aug 30, 2011
    After 7 years it still belongs to the most entertaining games ever made. Thanks to the Source engine it contains a lot of opportunities and possibilities for mods and other fun activities such as zombie mod, zombie escape or deathrun.
  28. Oct 9, 2010
    Counter strike source. Honestly, I can't really say anything bad about this game, because it is simply so amazing. The game is a pure-multiplayer shooter, but it can (And has been.) be easily modded by players, something that keeps me and others coming back for more. The core game experience is this- there are two teams, the Terrorists and the Counter Terrorists. At the start of each roundCounter strike source. Honestly, I can't really say anything bad about this game, because it is simply so amazing. The game is a pure-multiplayer shooter, but it can (And has been.) be easily modded by players, something that keeps me and others coming back for more. The core game experience is this- there are two teams, the Terrorists and the Counter Terrorists. At the start of each round you have a set amount of money that you can use to buy things like weapons, armor, and grenades. Then, you and your team head out to preform an objective- like the Terrorists have to protect the hostages, plant the bomb, etc. And you gain money by killing enemy players and doing the objective. The thing is, if you die you are gone for the rest of the round, so teamwork can be vital to victory. But, of course, then you play on a modded server and everything changes. Servers like Deathmatch have you respawn as soon as you die at a randomized location, and you simply pick your guns. There are servers like Breakfloor, where the map is split in half by a wall that goes down a bit, and the ground is just breakable cubes. Counter strike source is a masterpiece, and if you haven't played it then you are missing out on one of the best experiences ever crafted. Expand
  29. Oct 5, 2011
    Not a game for you if you don't like dying quick...and staying dead, the rounds are very quick to make up for that. But if you're smart, good at shooters, and HIGHLY tactical, you'll adore this game. - 87/100
  30. May 14, 2012
    Still the most effective time waster and the easiest multiplayer experience ever. -1 for incomplete global ranking system. Hopefully CSGO will have the promised global leaderboard done right - and hopefully, just hopefully there will be cross platform gameplay in the future.
  31. Aug 15, 2012
    For a title that had massive boots to fill, it sits proudly ontop of the original. The basic gameplay is faithfully recreated with no new quirks or features weighing it down. The game itself fits well into the beautifully designed Source engine. There's nothing new apart from the graphic overhaul, and that's all the fans surely wanted. Well done Valve.
  32. Oct 26, 2013
    Admittedly a multiplayer masterpiece, this grand game once again popularized and revolutionized the multiplayer/shooter genre It can feel the same as the first game of the series, but it's still addicting fun.
    In this game, you can choose to be the counter-terrorist or the terrorist, both of which have their distinct differences. Let's look at the differences:
    Counter-Terrorists: They
    Counter-Terrorists: They distinctly include on their inventory the overly popularized M4AI they also have other exlusive weapons and, to win, they have to defuse the bomb that terrorist planted or they can kill them all. They can be recognized by their clothing, usually wearing a helmet and an armor.
    Terrorists: They have their awesome AK 47 which is heavily used b players, they also have some exclusive weapons, and they need to plant the bomb to win or to eliminate all their enemies.
    Although it is fun, for newbies it can be punishingly difficult, being incredibly hard to master. I'm myself average at the game, but I enjoy it.
    What to say else? This game is fun, addicting and satisfying. I recommend this instead of the disappointing Global Offensive, and you won't regret it. (Final Score: 8.92)
  33. Jun 17, 2012
    This is an amazing game. The weapons are all real, the maps are detailed, the graphics look good even though they are pretty old. Its easy to learn and its fun to think up weapon combos to fight with. For example, Dual pistols and super shotgun. There is roughly 40-ish weapons in the game. The lack of content is a bit sad. Its shorter than portal, and it has very little single player value.
  34. Aug 13, 2011
    Counter-Strike: Source is a great game,but if you dont like being challenged by how good the other players in game are well this game,and PC gaming in general may not before you.I love the heavy competitive feel this game gives and the adrenaline rush of being the last man alive on your team.VAC cheat prevents all forms of cheating in my 2 months of owning this game ive never seen anyoneCounter-Strike: Source is a great game,but if you dont like being challenged by how good the other players in game are well this game,and PC gaming in general may not before you.I love the heavy competitive feel this game gives and the adrenaline rush of being the last man alive on your team.VAC cheat prevents all forms of cheating in my 2 months of owning this game ive never seen anyone cheat.The server customization and diversity is also great. I would HIGHLY RECCOMEND this game to all my friends. Expand
  35. Feb 15, 2015
    Предпочитал 1.6.......................................................................................................................................
  36. Jan 20, 2012
    With almost 150 achievements to collect, hundreds of user made maps, and the constant challenge of improving your K:D, Counter strike is not only one of the hardest but also the most exciting games I ever played. It rivals such hits as Call of Duty, Halo, and Valve's own Team Fortress 2. The game is difficult and new users will quickly learn that this is not your ordinary shooter. It isWith almost 150 achievements to collect, hundreds of user made maps, and the constant challenge of improving your K:D, Counter strike is not only one of the hardest but also the most exciting games I ever played. It rivals such hits as Call of Duty, Halo, and Valve's own Team Fortress 2. The game is difficult and new users will quickly learn that this is not your ordinary shooter. It is fast paced and breathtaking. Few things can outdo the strange feeling of accomplishment that you get when you earn your next achievement, or when you punch a hole through a terrorist's head. Each gun has it's own unique advantages and disadvantages.
    Truly, CS:S is a monumental game, and you should thank the forces that be that you can get this game, along with several other of Valve's earlier games for only $30! Now go save the world!
  37. Jun 24, 2013
    I don't think it is the best FPS or even the best CS in the world, but it is certainly a really good mixture of tactical and a simple shooter (at some servers..), but it has a huge bad point. It's community is awful. I mean the noob who says you are cheater because you play great and the pro who says you are a noob when you play not so well... And the swearing in chat and in microphoneI don't think it is the best FPS or even the best CS in the world, but it is certainly a really good mixture of tactical and a simple shooter (at some servers..), but it has a huge bad point. It's community is awful. I mean the noob who says you are cheater because you play great and the pro who says you are a noob when you play not so well... And the swearing in chat and in microphone almost every minute is really annoying. If you didn't play with any of the older CS games, you should try it out.... but 1.6 is better... Expand
  38. Jul 31, 2013
    Source is incomparably better than classic cs 1.6. It just takes some time to get used to it. Nice graphics, beautiful detailed maps, better physics, excellent gameplay.
  39. Nov 14, 2011
    i know im pretty late but seems as many people still play this game im going to put my review in, i picked it up from steam becasue a freind urged me i should and i wish i hadent, it seems people just play it becasue its counterstrike and the only reason its still alive is becasue people have modded it and tweaked it so much, it may be the most played fps in the world but it definatelyi know im pretty late but seems as many people still play this game im going to put my review in, i picked it up from steam becasue a freind urged me i should and i wish i hadent, it seems people just play it becasue its counterstrike and the only reason its still alive is becasue people have modded it and tweaked it so much, it may be the most played fps in the world but it definately isnt the most fun Expand
  40. Jun 7, 2013
    Fun game to play when you're bored. The community does suck, but there are always servers that will be fun to play on with good communities. There is a very steep learning curve, so it will be hard for newcomers at this time because a lot of current CS:S players are veterans with at least a couple years of CS:S under their belt.
  41. Sep 25, 2014
    This game is pretty good. My first cs game. + (Unboxing can be a waste of time or something really good)
    There is a nice thing called "CS LAG". "CS LAG" is a random lag spike that stays for a couple of minutes and that is a really bad thing.
  42. Mar 13, 2012
    A awesome fps for really hardcore players but also that maybe the bad side,as this game is mainly played by pro`s it is extremly hard for new players to pop in because they will get raped so bad.This game is rather old so the graphics aren't too great but the game is rather life like and the community has created many mods and new maps so for me well worth 10 bucks.
  43. Sep 24, 2010
    Beautiful game. It takes a while to get used to, but when you do finally know how to play it is one of the most addictive, fun games ever created. The great clan support and dedicated servers make it the best tool for clan gaming. I will probably never let this game go.
  44. May 6, 2013
    I really liked the transistion from the uncomparable 1.6 to Source; although there is a certain amount of problems: i bought this game to have fun, even though it was already 23 seconds in to the game and i had already been killed. This game is purely for professionals and hardcore gamers, and my only regret was that i bought the game, everybody was pro in it and they wouldn't give aI really liked the transistion from the uncomparable 1.6 to Source; although there is a certain amount of problems: i bought this game to have fun, even though it was already 23 seconds in to the game and i had already been killed. This game is purely for professionals and hardcore gamers, and my only regret was that i bought the game, everybody was pro in it and they wouldn't give a chance to "n00bs". Expand
  45. Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks to the updates over the years, this game is nearly flawless.
    It can be VERY difficult to get into at first, but spending time on some humans vs. bots servers will help with that (maybe Valve should host some training servers).

Anyhow, I used to hate this game and now I love it.
  46. May 4, 2012
    The game's all right. The lighting on the maps could be better and it's hard to tell who's your teammate from a distance. Sometimes I shoot an enemy and it seems to take forever to kill them.
  47. Dec 31, 2012
    Maybe a bit more interesting than the other tactical FPS. If you like that genre, then this is a good title for you. Personally I prefer FPS arena, so it's not a game that I play so much, but it's for sure better than COD/Battlefield, it requires more skill and teamwork.
  48. Aug 19, 2010
    When I first bought Counter Strike Source I remembered all the times that my friends demanded that I try it. Once I did buy it I discovered that it is amazing! While it has a steep learning curve, and I still want an offline mode, I can't stop playing it! It's extremely realistic, with it showing how vulnerable we humans truly are unlike games like Modern Warfare 2 where you seem to beWhen I first bought Counter Strike Source I remembered all the times that my friends demanded that I try it. Once I did buy it I discovered that it is amazing! While it has a steep learning curve, and I still want an offline mode, I can't stop playing it! It's extremely realistic, with it showing how vulnerable we humans truly are unlike games like Modern Warfare 2 where you seem to be bulletproof at times. In my first CSS game ever, I played de_dust alongside a bunch of people who've been playing for years and while I felt completely out of my league, I never felt useless. I managed to kill an expert with my default 9mm pistol and learned to play better. I must say that CSS is a masterpiece. Expand
  49. Mar 4, 2012
    i got counter strike source because it was recommend by a friend and he really wanted me to have this game he gave me a 50 % voucher for it so i got it. when i tired a normal server i rage quited so quickly because it is mainly search and destroy which if fine unless you just get flashed banged 50 times a round. then i found the light at the end of the tunnel. it had a team deathmatchi got counter strike source because it was recommend by a friend and he really wanted me to have this game he gave me a 50 % voucher for it so i got it. when i tired a normal server i rage quited so quickly because it is mainly search and destroy which if fine unless you just get flashed banged 50 times a round. then i found the light at the end of the tunnel. it had a team deathmatch server which is better but it has no total score limit, it is basicly who can spawn trap each other first. the other good server i found was a zombie server and this was very good because there was normal a big boss which would take a thousand bullets before it got bored and flew away. overall if there was no tdm or zombie servers i would rate it a 2 at the highest. Expand
  50. Oct 18, 2013
    Who ever gives this game a low score is a pathetic 8 year old CoD fanboy. This game is awesome, PERIOD. The graphics are amazing for 2004, gameplay is realistic, and requires skill, do not hesitate to try it out!
  51. Dec 13, 2011
    There is something for everyone in this game, unique mods/modes, different maps, and it's a blast to play with your friends or alone in a zombie server! Released in 2004, this game is still popular and strong as ever. Sometimes you just find yourself needing a quick fix of some CSS.
  52. Sep 2, 2011
    Although in my own personal opinion, Counter-Strike itself is not the best shooter I've played ( what I mean is, default gamemodes, etc. ). - the modifications make it all the fun. There are so many of them, too. Deathrun, Zombie Mod, Zombie Escape, Jailbreak, Surfing, Gungame - they are the main ones I love. Modifications make this game, and it's definitely worth getting for thoseAlthough in my own personal opinion, Counter-Strike itself is not the best shooter I've played ( what I mean is, default gamemodes, etc. ). - the modifications make it all the fun. There are so many of them, too. Deathrun, Zombie Mod, Zombie Escape, Jailbreak, Surfing, Gungame - they are the main ones I love. Modifications make this game, and it's definitely worth getting for those reasons alone.

-1 point because I don't really like the main gamemodes.
  53. Feb 12, 2011
    Counter Strike : Source is a game which takes the Counter Strike mod for Half Life to the next level, featuring the Source Engine's capabilities. The problem which I have with this game, is the same as the one I have with Counter Strike, it's (how may I say it?) plain and not very "noob" friendly. I would only advice players who are experienced with FPS's to buy this game.
  54. Dec 11, 2010
    I have been playing since the beta versions of Counter-Strike, and I have to say, I'm very disappointed with this release, why you ask? Because everything they have done has ruined the game which made Counter-Strike 1.6 a phenomenon, graphics aside, game play is just not the same, they've changed all the recoil patterns and re textured all the weapons, I only bought this to play CS:Pro ModI have been playing since the beta versions of Counter-Strike, and I have to say, I'm very disappointed with this release, why you ask? Because everything they have done has ruined the game which made Counter-Strike 1.6 a phenomenon, graphics aside, game play is just not the same, they've changed all the recoil patterns and re textured all the weapons, I only bought this to play CS:Pro Mod which is 1.6 gameplay style with Source Graphics. Just horrible. Expand
  55. Mar 1, 2012
    The ultimate multiplayer FPS for PCs. Pure skill- and reaction-based game with no auto-aim silliness like in CoD and other series. It's a classic that never gets old.
  56. Mar 23, 2015
    Exceptionally good and well crafted online fps game, raked up a total of 180 hours in this highly addictive steam based game. Love the overall combat style in stead of conventional aiming down of sights its hipfire and thus i belive adds more skill in the process of killing the opposition, love the inbuilt bot feature in which you can fire up anytime and get into the quick and fun actionExceptionally good and well crafted online fps game, raked up a total of 180 hours in this highly addictive steam based game. Love the overall combat style in stead of conventional aiming down of sights its hipfire and thus i belive adds more skill in the process of killing the opposition, love the inbuilt bot feature in which you can fire up anytime and get into the quick and fun action of a fully functional and interesting first person shooter.

The maps and addition of maps made by the community and the whole range of game modes available from a click of a button is an awesome feature that was integrated into the game to improve the users experience. Overally recommend this game to users who enjoy fast paced, instantanious, warfare.
  57. Jun 18, 2011
    My all time favorite game. This sets the bar for online shooter because of it's ludicrous balance and excitement. It comes stock with a ton of maps labeled under de_ or aim_ and then there are also a ton of mods to play with too like ze_ zm_, gg_, mg_, etc... Anyone complaining about the shooting mechanics under neath me are probably frequent pub heroes in COD. CS:S has recoil and you needMy all time favorite game. This sets the bar for online shooter because of it's ludicrous balance and excitement. It comes stock with a ton of maps labeled under de_ or aim_ and then there are also a ton of mods to play with too like ze_ zm_, gg_, mg_, etc... Anyone complaining about the shooting mechanics under neath me are probably frequent pub heroes in COD. CS:S has recoil and you need to master that recoil to be good. Anyone willing to take the time to enjoy this game will love it to death. Expand
  58. Jan 17, 2012
    Outstanding beautiful game with fast pasted gameplay! (thats how i like it!) I have been playing this since the realease and its surprising it can be that beautiful of a 2005 game! respect to Valve headquarters for doing a hard work on making maybe the best FPS out there!
  59. Aug 6, 2012
    Allright, this comes from a HC Gamer i have bunch of bucnh of games on steam etc im only PC gamer. Yes you see 4/10. One of my first games was cs 1.6 on PC like when i was 8--10 years old. This game is so HC and unforgiving and hard :S! Really way too bad crosshairs etc i dont like it at all. Im tired of many FPS's these days already like BF3. But this is just too HC.

Only thing is that

Only thing is that with mods or maps it can be fun :)! ze, zm, surf, jb(NotForMe) are good fun ways to chill :)! ze being my favourite and its fun. But normal CSS? Too HC, you need to be crazy player if u want to succeed.
  60. May 23, 2013
    If you think Call of Duty is competitive don't even bother buying this game. This is for the die hard FPS fans. Huge learning curve. It will take a long time to hone your skills. This game is timeless and one of the most intense shooters ever released.
  61. Apr 25, 2011
    yeah, the best team game ever..., old but very enjoyable, really would like to see a new generation counter-strike already,since I fan of this game, its always new and better, hope they not gonna **** up like call of duty did with their game
  62. Jun 23, 2013
    Without any doubt the best multiplayer team game I have ever played. CSS is a fun and awsome game where you must work with your team to win. There are a lot of weapons to buy, the maps are all great and uniqe, and i definetley recommend this game to all who like team based shooters.
  63. Jun 10, 2012
    Counter-Strike series is one of the essential games that can improve your reaction and aiming skills in gaming. There are no unlocks, perks, level ups or anything related to these. Just your wrists and your reaction. That's what I love about gaming. If you're looking for a team-play skill-based shooter, then this game will be your perfect choice.
  64. Nov 13, 2012
    Stay away from this game ... it will eat your social life like it's nothing.

Some may argue that CS 1.6 is better, but to men, this is the purest and ultimate form of Counter Strike ... endless pleasure of headshots ...
  65. Jul 13, 2011

A must have FPS to play online!
  66. Jan 21, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Source is a game developed by Valve Corporation and uses the Source engine to power the game. With thousands of maps and mods for the game; does Counter-Strike: Source live up to the Counter-Strike name? Originally released in 2004, the same year as Half-Life 2; the game has a round based game style (like Search and Destroy from COD, this game came out before), one team areCounter-Strike: Source is a game developed by Valve Corporation and uses the Source engine to power the game. With thousands of maps and mods for the game; does Counter-Strike: Source live up to the Counter-Strike name? Originally released in 2004, the same year as Half-Life 2; the game has a round based game style (like Search and Destroy from COD, this game came out before), one team are the 'Terrorists (T)' the other team are the 'Counter-Terrorists (CT)' the T's objective is to simply plant the bomb at a bomb site and protect it, whilst the CT's job is to avoid it and kill the T's. It works and is alot better than S&D from COD because you can have up to 64+ players on a server at once playing the one server. The on top of that you have all of the different mods, like Zombie Mod, Zombie escape, Jail break, Hide and Seek. There are countless number of mods which are all very good and very addictive. I would definitely recommend the game to any FPS fan or even anyone partly interested in should pick it up, and this is coming from someone who has played almost 1500 hours of it in total. Expand
  67. Jun 17, 2013
    Bad ass. This game seem to be pretty simple plant the bomb and wait until it explodes. However, there is plenty of factors which are putting this game on 1st place in multiplayer co-op genre. Skill, speed and team-play, that's what is all about. Definitely a LEADER in entire franchise of shooting experience. Titles like Call of Duty are way way behind this game. I would give 9.5, butBad ass. This game seem to be pretty simple plant the bomb and wait until it explodes. However, there is plenty of factors which are putting this game on 1st place in multiplayer co-op genre. Skill, speed and team-play, that's what is all about. Definitely a LEADER in entire franchise of shooting experience. Titles like Call of Duty are way way behind this game. I would give 9.5, but giving it 10 will not be a sin. Expand
  68. Jan 3, 2013
    This game is terrible,a simply pure bad game,headshot headshot headshot hackers everywhere,walk to a corner,i got headshotted again,the only reason to buy it is the jailbreak mode and the zombie mode,also the gmod textures
  69. May 5, 2011
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Average User Score: 9.0
    10 Counter-Strike: Source Image this is a classic as we all know but overrated and those that play this 10 year old game should stay where they are. css is a loud mouth community of really good shooters (or possibly cheaters) because they are like internet jocks that like to taunt anybody who is level 1. there is no room for noobs in css so i
    Counter-Strike: Source
    Average User Score: 9.0
    Counter-Strike: Source Image
    this is a classic as we all know but overrated and those that play this 10 year old game should stay where they are. css is a loud mouth community of really good shooters (or possibly cheaters) because they are like internet jocks that like to taunt anybody who is level 1. there is no room for noobs in css so i always discourage anyone new to fps games to stay away from css. it is a decent game but the community back when i played was filled with hackers who aimbot you coming around corners. was so ruined by hacks it might be better now but who knows. either way it set the benchmark for tactical game play so i give it 5 stars,
  70. Oct 15, 2012
    An ultimate shooter. How you play is dependent *entirely* on your technique! The maps are small enough to offer dynamic, quick engagement, yet still have multiple ways to get to the objective. The Source engine provides great lightning effects and realistic physics. On top of all that, the game can be modded to no end - skins, maps, gameplay type... There's a steep learning curve in theAn ultimate shooter. How you play is dependent *entirely* on your technique! The maps are small enough to offer dynamic, quick engagement, yet still have multiple ways to get to the objective. The Source engine provides great lightning effects and realistic physics. On top of all that, the game can be modded to no end - skins, maps, gameplay type... There's a steep learning curve in the online community, however - but once you've mastered your weapon of choice, the K/D ratio will look pleasant. Expand
  71. Apr 15, 2012
    Best. FPS. Ever.
    Graphics reduce the game just to the bare minimum, it's basically cs1.6 but it doesn't hurt your eyes.
    Best. FPS. Ever.
    It all comes down to the best reflexes, the most precision, knowledge of the maps. Tactics are very important for competitive play, but there are millions of custom maps available, countless custom modes and mods have evolved over time, surf maps, gungame, warcraft mods, rat maps, minigame maps, bunnyhop maps, death run maps, ...
    If played this game for approximately 3000 hours, it is worth every penny!
  72. Feb 5, 2013
    Obviously this game's graphics are out dated. Obviously this game's player base is full of pros. Hell, even I only started playing in 2010. However this game is a diamond in the rough for both casual and hardcore gamers. People complain that good players constantly dominate them. And yes, yes they do. Like myself, new players will always need to rise up and play, play, play to reach theObviously this game's graphics are out dated. Obviously this game's player base is full of pros. Hell, even I only started playing in 2010. However this game is a diamond in the rough for both casual and hardcore gamers. People complain that good players constantly dominate them. And yes, yes they do. Like myself, new players will always need to rise up and play, play, play to reach the point of these 'pros'. To begin, there is no penalty for loosing. There are no leader boards, there are no K/Ds. In failure, you might get some angry words thrown your way, but this is inevitable in a PC community. Nonetheless, you don't even need to start in a 'Reg' or 'Scrim' server. There are a handful of mods to play, like Minigames, JailBreak, DeathRun, Zombie Escape, Napalm, ZRiot, Bunnyhop, Surf, and more. In the midst of having fun while playing these gametypes, you will find your skills gradually climb upwards. This game defines fun in my eyes, sprouting a huge player base and community to fuel it. New players are actually very welcome, and it's just time to beat, not other players. Definitely a game to recommend to anyone looking to divulge into PC gaming. Expand
  73. May 20, 2013
    Cheating is very available on this game such a headshot aimer assists. Kills the game to a point where it is utter most boring. I saw players one shot headshots with shotguns at over 100 metres. Do not buy.
  74. Nov 30, 2011
    Very good game for the price, this is mainly due to it's endless ways to play. I've played 1110 hours and I'm still having fun. There's literally hundreds of game-modes to play due to the huge community of the game. The community for this game is also fantastic and the amount of user made content is just insane, anyone can download their map making tool, watch some YouTube tutorials andVery good game for the price, this is mainly due to it's endless ways to play. I've played 1110 hours and I'm still having fun. There's literally hundreds of game-modes to play due to the huge community of the game. The community for this game is also fantastic and the amount of user made content is just insane, anyone can download their map making tool, watch some YouTube tutorials and make their own custom content. Although the game is very punishing to new players, I'd say it's one of the hardest FPS' to play, but once you've played this game for a while, you can pretty much pick up any other FPS. Overall I'd recommend you purchase this game, it can suit anyone, there's mini-games for those who enjoy fun over serious game-play and then there's gaming leagues for those who just enjoy fragging. Expand
  75. Sep 8, 2012
    I can't say that it's much better than cs 1.6 , but it's real fun, and if you are new at it or just, want to be better without playing with others, you can play with bots, that is great.
  76. Jun 8, 2011
    ABSOLUTION! This is so far the best HL2 Mod so far! The only problem: You can end up with you being versus 23 more people. Don't get in servers where people keep switching teams to the other team.
  77. Nov 25, 2011
    This game would be more enjoyable if there wasn't someone who could headshot you half a mile away with an ak 47 in every match. But it's a pretty fun game, while you're alive.
  78. Feb 29, 2012
    A fun and addictive shooter. Watching someones ragdoll slump to the ground after a well aimed headshot is extremely rewarding. My problem comes from the weapon balance. The M4 and AK47 dominate but are hard to master. That simple fact alone makes it really hard to get good at this game. Most of the other guns are complete rubbish (ump45) and the AWP is one of the most overpowered guns IA fun and addictive shooter. Watching someones ragdoll slump to the ground after a well aimed headshot is extremely rewarding. My problem comes from the weapon balance. The M4 and AK47 dominate but are hard to master. That simple fact alone makes it really hard to get good at this game. Most of the other guns are complete rubbish (ump45) and the AWP is one of the most overpowered guns I have ever seen in a game. There is just no exuse for a gun where you can instantley look down the scope and hit somebody almost anywhere and it instakills them Expand
  79. Mar 27, 2013
    if source i dont know you play in steam or what because i just play a bot but i like a weapon first because its amazing and almost hard to kill but i like the headshot 1 shot 1 kil still interesting source in steam i dont know still good game
  80. Dec 29, 2013
    I have played so much fps games and the counter strike series and team fortress 2 are the only ones that I have found extremely addicting and highly replay-able. This game have a graphical advantage above every fps game at that time of the gaming industry.
  81. Mar 12, 2014
    Although the Counter-Strike: Source is so ambitious, it cannot reach its succeed like the Counter-Strike.however, we can see Valve had put a lot of effort to make this game to be perfect.In addition, it is a good game.
  82. Nov 5, 2010
    Hardcorest of hardcores. I don't think there's a place for new players in this game. It's a test of speed and reaction. Most of maps are really nice and easy-to-learn. But i hated this game's community. At least three curse words in every sentence. If you play too good, you are declared a cheater and get kicked out of the server, if you play bad - team yells at you.
  83. Nov 30, 2010
    A true test of a game is to see whether it is still played years after it first came out. Counter Strike is one of those games, not only Source but the series itself. I won't lie and say its an easy game to play online or even offline for that matter. The AI (CT and T) aren't that smart as AI but they are "haxors" when it comes to hitting you. The online game has a steep learning curve andA true test of a game is to see whether it is still played years after it first came out. Counter Strike is one of those games, not only Source but the series itself. I won't lie and say its an easy game to play online or even offline for that matter. The AI (CT and T) aren't that smart as AI but they are "haxors" when it comes to hitting you. The online game has a steep learning curve and expect to die lots and only get some kills. I'd say you should start offline playing against bots and gradually increase the AI level then move on to "Gungames" and finally to real games. Expand
  84. Mar 3, 2011
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT........................................AND YOU WILL TOO. Very good game, great graphics with a beautiful multiplayer experience that you can play for hours and hours, and the more hours. Better than Modern Warfare 2. Buy this instead, cheaper and has got dedicated servers, mods and a great community. An all time classic
  85. Mar 11, 2011
    This is the ingle best multiplayer FPS to ever be made. The max players have been moded on some servers to be 64 instead of 32 and the updated graphice from the original is amazing. If someone says you can never be too good then they are wrong. Ive put 1000+hrs into this game and i finally got banned from a server for supposed "wallhacking". other then that easy 10
  86. Dec 18, 2011
    If you hate CS:S, it's because you love CS 1.6.
    If you hate CS, it's because you play CoD.
    If you hate CS:S, it's because you love CS 1.6.
    If you hate CS, it's because you play CoD.
    But anyway, there are good things, and bad things about this game. First of all, the game's concept is good. The fact that when you die, you don't respawn, make it slightly more realistic. The game's concept hasn't changed at all since CS 1.6, which I am really glad of. I'm glad that Valve decided not to put in a cheesy story mode into a game that is meant to be for multiplayer, and perfecting your reflexes.
    However, this game can get horribly buggy at times. Reason? Well, sometimes you are right in front of your opponent, and shooting them heaps of times, but the game thinks that the bullets missed and the opponent doesn't lose HP, and they realise you're there and shoot you and you die. This happens to me about 20% of the time.
    Now if you thought that was bad, there's more. There has been an update to CS to try and make the AWP 'less overpowered', and sometimes, like written above, you shoot the opponent, what used to be a one-hit kill, became a miss. Quick-scoping screws up the accuracy, only scoping once screws up the accuracy, and when you miss, it's almost as if the game is screwing with you, and it makes you rage most of the time.
    However, overall, this game is very fun to come back to every now and then, and the CS franchise probably won't be ending any time soon (hoping that CS:GO won't be disappointing).
    As for the price, it could be a little overpriced. I got it on a sale, for $5, which is definitely worth it, but since the regular CS game can get a little boring without any kinds of mods, I reckon $10 or $15 is more of a reasonable price.
    The achievements are fun to get, though some of them can take a while (example: Kill 1000 people with the awp, or example: kill 10,000 enemies).
    I hate how in games like this, many of the achievements are to kill a whole tonne of enemies.
    Despite everything that I have said above, I would still recommend this game for everyone except people who hate FPSes.
    All CS needs now is a CS 2.0. That is what the CS franchise is lacking at the moment.
  87. Dec 27, 2011
    the shooting mechanics are good, but the plot and chracter development are absolutely minimal, which i didnt think was valves style. alot of the plot doesnt make any sense, really poor effort there :(
  88. Des
    Jan 24, 2012
    CS: Source defines skill based CQ combat. May get frustrating, if one wants to be the king of the hill on day one. This is a game for those who like to work their way up a crowded ladder of some pretty hardcore gamers.

Again, an old game, but who cares. Get it. This is a genre defining piece of art.
  89. Apr 25, 2012
    Excelent calification for an excellent shooter, plays well after so many years it lauched, it's very competitive and the graphics are just fine. A must have FPS to play online!
  90. Sep 24, 2012
    Valve has delivered Pure fun. Get your mates. Move your computers to your basement, Install CS Source and play. It´s such a great game! Custom modes are awesome and well made aswell as graphics and physics. It´s a must buy for all shooter fans!
  91. Dec 28, 2012
    [FR] Ce jeux et extraordinaire ,mais il manque quelques details comme : Les levels , Les armes a acheter avec de l'argent par exemple. Ce qui explique mon 9. Parcontre il et extraordinaire au niveau FPS. 9/10 :) !
  92. Aug 12, 2010
    An incredible game. It's unlike games such as Modern Warfare 2 (which you can't really compare it to) in the way that you don't have to just do the regular killing enemies. On CS:S, you can do very different and very fun things such as Deathrun, Jail mod, Surf, Minigames, Soccer (football), and much, much more. This game excels in the way of variety, and is just about for me now, the bestAn incredible game. It's unlike games such as Modern Warfare 2 (which you can't really compare it to) in the way that you don't have to just do the regular killing enemies. On CS:S, you can do very different and very fun things such as Deathrun, Jail mod, Surf, Minigames, Soccer (football), and much, much more. This game excels in the way of variety, and is just about for me now, the best game out there. And remember, this IS 2010. Expand
  93. Nov 2, 2010
    This is one of the greatest games and my best spend 50 dollars ever. If you understand this game and compete with others with clan wars, Counter Strike is the best there is, most of the other FPS shooters are focused on matching on console, not in matching on LAN events or Clan Base, ESL, EnemyDown etc. And CSS has a very big Mod community with loads of free plugins to add to your server,This is one of the greatest games and my best spend 50 dollars ever. If you understand this game and compete with others with clan wars, Counter Strike is the best there is, most of the other FPS shooters are focused on matching on console, not in matching on LAN events or Clan Base, ESL, EnemyDown etc. And CSS has a very big Mod community with loads of free plugins to add to your server, like Zombie-Mod, CSS Deathmatch, Gun-Game and so on.

I have already played this game for 4000+ hours and still not bored,still play it everyday. And with this well thought game play, the older graphics it even doesn't matter, this is a game that is still played by millions of gamers. And there are still updates, they even updated the Source Engine to the Orange Box engine. And remember this game is from 2004 and it still counts in the top game lists. Just name an other game that survives that long... well there aren't any, just check the game stats at steam http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

For me it's best game ever period.
  94. Mar 10, 2011
    the game is great and challenging (some times). The servers are also great and they can have also their own mods (gun mode after eache kill you get better gun, hide and seek terrorist transform to so object and hide CT has to find them) but there are also normal modes like S&D, TDM and so on. When the player is board at having the same gun skin you can just go on internet find some skins,the game is great and challenging (some times). The servers are also great and they can have also their own mods (gun mode after eache kill you get better gun, hide and seek terrorist transform to so object and hide CT has to find them) but there are also normal modes like S&D, TDM and so on. When the player is board at having the same gun skin you can just go on internet find some skins, download them, put it in and TADAA you have new skin!

GUNS
    you have bunch of guns PISTOLS, SHOTGUNS, SMG, ASSULT, SNIPERS and few others.

if you like multy-player or shoting games you can buy it.
    I THINK THE GAME WILL NEVER DIE!
  95. Aug 1, 2011
    It's fast-paced and a little goofy, but it's also very tactical and teamwork based. The learning curve is very steep (the maps are easy to learn, but the shooting system is hard to perfect). The Source engine gives the game a solid feel. And if playing the standard way is not your things, there is a wide variety of custom maps and game types (minigames, zombie mod, jail break, hide n seek,It's fast-paced and a little goofy, but it's also very tactical and teamwork based. The learning curve is very steep (the maps are easy to learn, but the shooting system is hard to perfect). The Source engine gives the game a solid feel. And if playing the standard way is not your things, there is a wide variety of custom maps and game types (minigames, zombie mod, jail break, hide n seek, surfing, etc...). Expand
  96. Aug 27, 2011
    Counter Strike is the game that started it all. If you don't have this game, you need to get it. Counter Strike is a team-based game, that will never be forgotten. 1.6 has a classic feeling and I still play it today, alongside source. It may get boring at times, but play different server game modes, and you'll have fun! Either that, or you don't have any skills... :P
  97. Sep 22, 2011
    This is a very good game if you like FPS. The graphics aren't that good, but you can enjoy a good game play. This is definitely a very good game to buy if you get a sale. Also you don't get tired of it to easy. It takes lots of time to be a pro player, but it worth the hours you will play it.
  98. Nov 3, 2011
    Counter-strike Source is a just a classic game.

Even through the graphic isn't the best, the game play and the actual game is very funny!
    This is defiantly work buying!
  99. May 13, 2012
    Absolutely an amazing game, hardcore and fast-paced, your heart will be rushing as you play on one of these fantastically made maps, plus you have tons of different types of game modes, you have things like Jailbreak, mini games, hide and seek, and many more! I recommend this game to anyone who wants a game where you will be able to hang out with a semi-mature community playing someAbsolutely an amazing game, hardcore and fast-paced, your heart will be rushing as you play on one of these fantastically made maps, plus you have tons of different types of game modes, you have things like Jailbreak, mini games, hide and seek, and many more! I recommend this game to anyone who wants a game where you will be able to hang out with a semi-mature community playing some fantastic games. Expand
  100. Jul 6, 2012
    Counter Strike: Source is a very over rated game. It holds nothing special from any other shooter. The only reason I play it is because of surf. The game play is so repetitive and gets boring very quickly. I played it a lot and thought it was fun at first, but after a while it just got boring. There is nothing special to it. The mods are so much more fun than the actual vanilla game.Counter Strike: Source is a very over rated game. It holds nothing special from any other shooter. The only reason I play it is because of surf. The game play is so repetitive and gets boring very quickly. I played it a lot and thought it was fun at first, but after a while it just got boring. There is nothing special to it. The mods are so much more fun than the actual vanilla game. Idiots play the zombie game mode. It's completely unfit for a zombie game mode. Garry's Mod is much better suited for it or an actual ZOMBIE GAME. Jail break is fun, but it gets repetitive. I don't see what's so fun about this game. The only fun parts are created by the users. Without the users, this game would be nothing. There would be hardly any maps, no other game modes, ect. The shotgun is over-powered as hell. It's ridiculous how much damage it does with distance. You can be 20 ft. away from someone and it only takes one shot to kill you at full health. This game is decent at best. Expand

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.