Counter-Strike: Source PC

8.9

1. PatrickS.
    Sep 17, 2006
    It always has been, and will be for years to come one of THE largest online multiplayer games anywhere, and it has great gameplay.
  2. thomasschaefer
    Sep 24, 2006
    I give CS-S 100! Its kept me busy while I was deployed.
  3. JoeK.
    Sep 20, 2006
  4. RobbieL.
    Sep 30, 2006
    This game is the most addicting game I have ever encountered. Beware before playing it for the 1st time because you will not be able to stop.
  5. CraigH.
    Sep 30, 2006
    Its a fantastic, always great upgrades and the graphics are great!
  6. mattbearcroft
    its awesome
  7. TimH.
    Sep 30, 2006
    GREAT Game... not many games wow me like this game did. I can't wait till they make upgrade for it. I am 100% sure it will be 10x better. Valve has not let me down yet and I know for a fact they would let you down!
  8. RichardA.
    Sep 5, 2006
    crucial game, lots of fun, lovin the updates
  9. JayP.
    Sep 5, 2006
    since steam was part of CS ive been havin problems with speed.. disconnecting randomly, keeps freezing, no point of playin the game i got sick and tired of it, now i hear CS Source is out and read the reviews about how they r having the same problems.. just bring back 1.5 nd get rid of steam, the game was fun until they messed eveyrthing up.
  10. joshmassih
    Jan 3, 2007
    pretty cool game, one of the best fast pace shooting games out there right now. It also gives the ability for a half-decent computer to kill a killer rig. Mainly depending on the player. Where as some games are rigged due to graphics lag, basically... the game preforms well for everyone.
  11. MrC.
    Oct 7, 2007
    Graphic's are amazing, Game play competitively is what I think this game should be geared towards. Sometimes I think they are going in that direction sometimes I don't (maybe they are trying to keep it even for those pub masters). If you learn this game inside and out there is no reason you should not be very good at it. Shot registry is more so based on the server you are Graphic's are amazing, Game play competitively is what I think this game should be geared towards. Sometimes I think they are going in that direction sometimes I don't (maybe they are trying to keep it even for those pub masters). If you learn this game inside and out there is no reason you should not be very good at it. Shot registry is more so based on the server you are playing on rather than the game which lots of people mistake a missed shot on the game or on css reg either way if you play on a good fresh kept up with server then everything is good. BUT these types of servers can be costly. If they some how enabled a good registering server for a reasonable price I think this game will/or would have gained more players but when I user gets a game installs it not knowing the tricks of the trade they are going to have lots of problems get frusterated at how slow things can go at times and might not even get thru the instillation process, let alone get to give the game a chance and enjoy what millions others do. Expand
  12. CoenieM.
    Jan 8, 2007
    The game is great! Very good gamplay, and the bots is very realistic. So is the weapons and maps. I just love it too much.
  13. SteveL.
    Jan 8, 2007
  14. BrunoB.
    Apr 30, 2007
    This game is the BEST of all games. There is so much 2 do and it is so much fun. You can play with your friends 2.
  15. danirierajuaristi
    Apr 30, 2007
    tener buena suerte!!!!!!!!!! un beso adios
  16. Novi4ekNone
    Apr 9, 2007
  17. GeomanO.
    May 10, 2007
    If you want a computer game and want to be a pro gamer u need this game. If you dont have it get it, its the best game for pc you will ever play. Fire in the Hole!!
  18. GrahamJ.
    May 14, 2007
    Totally captivating, once on it, it's hard to stop.. 100% addictive
  19. JamesK.
    May 26, 2007
    Good graphics, solid platform and server browsing. Gameplay is solid enough, at its core its the same, but then engine lends itself to poor hit detection. The rampant hacking and immature nature of the community bring the experience down. Overall a good, quick online shooter that lacks in depth.
  20. WesleyV.
    May 26, 2007
    Very nice game
  21. Novi4ekNone
    May 30, 2007
  22. ChrisZ.l
    Jun 10, 2007
    This is a very good game, it is not a online shooter with cheaters, they will be banned forever. It has a nice gameplay, but the bugs made me choice a 9.
  23. JoeK.
    Jun 15, 2007
  24. PieEater
    Jun 3, 2007
    This game brings new aspects to the online gaming experience and is a must have.
  25. AndrewS.
    Jun 5, 2007
    No other game can compare to the realism and fun factor of Counter Strike. Other big shooters such as Call of Duty are realistic, but to linear and the damage engine is atrocious. Battlefield has the 64 player games going, but the amount of vehicles and unbalance among classes makes the game frequently frustrating. Sci-Fi shooters such as Halo and Unreal are fun for a while, but they are No other game can compare to the realism and fun factor of Counter Strike. Other big shooters such as Call of Duty are realistic, but to linear and the damage engine is atrocious. Battlefield has the 64 player games going, but the amount of vehicles and unbalance among classes makes the game frequently frustrating. Sci-Fi shooters such as Halo and Unreal are fun for a while, but they are based around deathmatch run-an-gun tactics rather than skill. In all, CS rules all. Mods, new maps, millions of players, free online, good graphics, and an amazing engine make this the complete shooter. Expand
  26. YermakirumY.
    Jun 6, 2007
  27. HughM.
    Jun 9, 2007
    This is the best game I have ever played.
  28. MatthewF.
    Jul 1, 2007
    I think this game is fun, but the problem with it is the aiming. Shooting someone in the body and your recoil will send the bullets fairly randomly around them. On the other hand some people play enough to have found a way around that, aim at someone's feet with one gun, or 2 feet to thier left. I think that this game does not tailor to a "NooB" at all. If you don't plan to play I think this game is fun, but the problem with it is the aiming. Shooting someone in the body and your recoil will send the bullets fairly randomly around them. On the other hand some people play enough to have found a way around that, aim at someone's feet with one gun, or 2 feet to thier left. I think that this game does not tailor to a "NooB" at all. If you don't plan to play this game 4-8 hours a day, I wouldn't suggest it. Expand
  29. JoshBeall
    Jul 4, 2007
    The only thing I don't like is not being as good as the other players and well waits after I've been kills 4 steps into the fight but with a lil single player practice you'll be slaughtering and laughing as you watch the rag dog physics slump the now mamed corpses of you or your enemies on the ground.
  30. AidenC.
    Jul 9, 2007
    Great game, hundreds of hours of play due to balance that allows strong and aggressive competition. The strongest draw is the feeling of community of playing within a few servers and making friends. Great game!
  31. JoeK.
    Jul 9, 2007
  32. DominikE.
    Aug 10, 2007
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  33. SteveL.
    Aug 30, 2007
  34. RobW.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Its really a great game, good graphics and great game play, the effects are awesome and the scenery is great, i love how you can actually shoot through the boxes and doors, but there are some hackers which brings the game play down.
  35. Novi4ekNone
    Sep 14, 2007
  36. YuraT.
    Sep 2, 2007
  37. MendeleevB.
    Sep 9, 2007
    Really good game. I nice upgrade Counter Strike 1.6 offering improved graphics and gameplay, though still including the old classic maps such as de_dust2 and de_aztec. For the £10 it costs now, well worth picking up, for both CS 1.6 veterans and gamers that wish to start.
  38. BredeBrubakk
    Jan 28, 2008
    I mean that CS:S is one of the best Multiplayer Games, and its more REAL then CS 1.6 and all another Cs games.
    The weapons look more real too!
    But its one thing who do me little bit angry and that is all the skins you can download and the cheats!
  39. Novi4ekNone
    Jan 2, 2008
  40. YermakirumY.
    Oct 5, 2008
  41. JamesR.
    Oct 7, 2008
    There are much better multiplayer shooters out there. Guns don't feel right like they do in other games like the brill rainbow six vegas. It just was no fun and you can tell it originated from a half life mod. This is just my opinion and i have heard many who have enjoyed this game. There are good points to the game but there are not many, buy team fortress 2 instead.
  42. GeneG.
    Jan 9, 2008
    This is one of Valves best Games out there, I personaly havnt played CS: 1.7 or CZ (Condition Zero), but I have seen what it looks like, and man am I glad to be on the uptodate one.
    I also like how life-like it is, when you use the awp or scout, (both sniper rifles), and get in to a sniper battle, it isnt like any other game where you just need to aim and shoot, you'll also need to have fast relfexis. I would deffenetly recomend this game to anyone out there, its an awsome game, and worth your money, but a real qucik heads up, you should atealst have a disent computer, and a good video card.
  43. ThomasC.
    Oct 9, 2008
    This isn't Counter-Strike, this is a totaly other game! The Graphic, the Sound an de Gameplay has changed from 1.6 to Source. I love this game and will play it untill the next CS!.
  44. Novi4ekNone
    Feb 22, 2008
  45. CodyClark
    Mar 24, 2008
    Yeha this is the best fps and to the Leiws W. just because u suck and don't know how to respawn doesn't mean that it isn't their on alot of severs u just type in shopmenu press 5 then 3 and ur back at the coust of $4200 on the game so don't cry if u die alot just get a respawn thing and stfu
  46. StrykerFett
    Mar 20, 2008
    It's a really sweet game, and unlike what Little Lewis said, the enemy spawn points are positioned far enough away that you can move around, get behind cover, take up sniping positions, and so forth. You need to practice to get good, but that's a matter of all games. Since you can't respawn, it makes you value life, and you now try really hard not to die!
  47. JoeK.
    Mar 6, 2008
  48. KaramellK.
    Apr 12, 2008
    It is a very good first person shooter game and i love it. I play it almost every day and i can't sstop playing it!!
  49. StevenC.
    Apr 25, 2008
    It's bad because it doesn't have the aspects of the 1.6 game, it's thrown off a lot from the first game so it isn't really good at all.
  50. KubaZ.
    Apr 30, 2008
    Propably the best game in the world.
  51. NickP.
    May 2, 2008
    BEST game that has EVER existed!
  52. YuraT.
    May 2, 2008
  53. LeoY.
    May 28, 2008
    Best fps, lots of cool guys online impossible to complain about this game.
  54. wullensE.
    May 3, 2008
    Good game love gameplay.
  55. DantoS
    May 5, 2008
    Pretty Immersive Game, Great Community, Innovative Mods(Being A Mod Itself, Inspiring Others To Create Their Slice Of Half Life Madness) Gets Boring For Me But Thats Why There Are Other Games Out There Hehe.
  56. Dami
    May 9, 2008
    Nice game !! love for all games Valve.
  57. MaikenYouKnowWhat
    Jun 10, 2008
    Great gameplay, great levels, great opportunities. I just can't stop playing this game! I think this is the first game, I never cheated in, because I get the lot without!
  58. Novi4ekNone
    Jun 21, 2008
  59. SteveL.
    Jun 27, 2008
  60. JoeK.
    Jun 5, 2008
  61. IbnuK.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Is the best action game ever !!!! xD
  62. KimA.
    Jul 5, 2008
    The best shooting game for any gaming console!
  63. JoshSpooner
    Sep 30, 2008
    Great dynamics and team play make this game the top of the league. CS:S > COD4.
  64. BrentM.
    Sep 8, 2008
    Best game ever, playing for about 4 years now, but still its great!
  65. Novi4ekNone
    Feb 1, 2009
  66. JoseB
    Apr 16, 2009
    Horrible remake of Counter-Strike 1.6. Models are too big, grenades are weird, gameplay is just terrible. If you actively play this game, purchase Counter-Strike 1.6 and actually ENJOY gaming.
  67. YuraT.
    Apr 26, 2009
  68. WesleyV.
    Apr 4, 2009
    Very nice game
  69. RichardI
    Apr 4, 2009
    This game is absolutely fantastic, the graphics are still amazing (some 4 and a half years after release), it has great re-play value (due to the fact that anyone can make a map for people to play, resulting in thousands of custom maps circling the thousands of servers) and is quite realistic in many ways. Overall a great game!
  70. DanG
    May 18, 2009
    Been playing since 07, and the game is pretty fun, only thing is that a lot of the shots that should have landed are wayy off, and the random sprayer bullets are the ones that land headshots. Its an ok game and worth a try, but don't be surprised when that shot you made that should have been a headshot didn't land, and instead the sprayer from across the map headshots you.
  71. Novi4ekNone
    Aug 2, 2009
  72. DannyVu
    Jan 19, 2010
    Nice game, okay-ish graphics, very fun sniping people, It's a great game if your good at it. Good game for Trigger Happy players.
  73. RanchyMcSwiftBurger
    Jan 19, 2010
    Annoying and Boring as hell. Now at first when I played this game I was getting killed by every single player on the server. After dieing about 12 times I realised something. That this sucked erect monkey scrotum. Even if I was sad enough to waste at least 3 months learning how to get good at this it would still be boring as hell. I tryed out the bots aswell and they were ok I guess but Annoying and Boring as hell. Now at first when I played this game I was getting killed by every single player on the server. After dieing about 12 times I realised something. That this sucked erect monkey scrotum. Even if I was sad enough to waste at least 3 months learning how to get good at this it would still be boring as hell. I tryed out the bots aswell and they were ok I guess but still boring as hell. And then I discovered the custom maps and how awfully made they were. And its obvious that valve didnt spend to much work on the v_models because you could see right fucking through them. I cant belive I wasted 14,99 Expand
  74. TamirF
    Jan 20, 2010
    This game is so booring, A new player need to play one month untill he realizes that he should aim at the floor, and THEN he will hit the enemy's head! I dont get why there is a crosshair in this game if its not accurate?!seriously this game is AWFUL
  75. KevenC
    Jan 9, 2010
    It's a pretty good game. CS:S is not an addicting game but not a boring one too IM playing since 2005 and im still playing. 3 things need to be fixed. 1. Weapon damage 2. Defuse through wall. 3. Hitboxes. Gameplay is great! Good Game.
  76. SteveL.
  79. JoeK.
    Apr 8, 2010
  80. PeterT.
    Nov 4, 2004
    If anything, this game remake was a waste of time (my opinion). They only took some maps and remade them, some phisics changes, graphical improvements, ect. Nothing to be excited about. And they expect you to pay alot of money for something anyone could have made themselves as a simple free download modification. Besides that, I still give it points for catching media and public interest.
  81. Novi4ekNone
    Nov 5, 2004
  82. RotatorDaUncle
    Oct 20, 2004
    To quote the awesome Thunder God Rayden: "Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Now why don't you tell me what you're gonna do about THEM?"
  83. Roxy
    Nov 3, 2005
    I've grown up with this game,and as a girl I must say it's the best game I ever played,the cool part is the team concept.Great job Valve and keep on the good work,I hope my kids will get to play it too.
  84. AlexC.
    Nov 6, 2005
    Totally amazing, addictive in every way, time has no effect when playing this game, hours seem like minutes.
  85. Dan
    Jan 30, 2005
    Great game, lots of fun, I've racked up about a week's play time since christmas. Three gripes, autosnipers are cheap, some people kill u in two shots w/out headshots (don't ask how), death often comes far too quickly. One wrong step and ur dead. Learning curve is very steep.
  86. Xyzzygy
    Jan 4, 2005
    Well peter t sure must sux at it. bur i agree, its the same cool game. ´but with nice looks. still its great.
  87. HelmutZ.
    Oct 10, 2006
    This is a very fantastic ego-shooter. The graphics is super and it is the best cs after cs 1.6 so keep on playing.
  88. JimN.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Love the game. Very addicting I couldn't stop playing it for like 10 hours after i started liking it a lot. Somethings that are bad are the frequent crashes I get whenever anything happens and I end up restarting my comp and loading everything again.
  89. DominikE.
    Nov 21, 2006
    It's the best game, I've ever played!
  90. DanielD.
    Oct 10, 2006
    Best Game I ever played. Communicativ/Strategic and Action an All-In-One Entertainment Pack.
  91. Viperkick
    Oct 15, 2006
    Wicked game... + updates are easy to apply.
  92. Mark
    Oct 16, 2006
    This is an excellent online game. I have many hours of fun on any kind of server and it never gets old.
  93. ShervinM.
    Oct 17, 2006
    It is the best game I have ever played in my life.
  94. HowardV.
    Oct 21, 2006
    Definetely one of the best games I've ever played online! Everyone should play this game.
  95. SueW.
    Dec 16, 2006
    I've really enjoyed this game untill 12-16-06 when I couldn't play due to the servers all being down I hope this doesn't happen again, but overall it's a fun game, I'm addicted to it I love it.
  96. IanC.
    Oct 26, 2006
    Simply the best 1st person out there. This is emphasised by the purely extreme amount of players using it every day around the globe. The combination of simplisitc yet perfect gameplay, graphics and edit-ability make it a game much desired. Working on 'Valves' steam, it is very user friendly and easy to purchase. The game is constantly being tweaked and updated to ensure Simply the best 1st person out there. This is emphasised by the purely extreme amount of players using it every day around the globe. The combination of simplisitc yet perfect gameplay, graphics and edit-ability make it a game much desired. Working on 'Valves' steam, it is very user friendly and easy to purchase. The game is constantly being tweaked and updated to ensure complete user hapiness. Expand
  97. YermakirumY.
    Oct 29, 2006
  98. RyderK.B.
    Oct 4, 2006
    This game is awesome. Its physics are great and its cool how the grenades send em flying the blood is cool and how the dont go through the walls but sluch angainst them is great. If only Counter Strike Condition Zero had these graphics and physics it would be great! Keep up the great work Valve!
  99. SteenH.
    Oct 4, 2006
    You shall first get used to the graphics before you think its fun.. but after that you will loooove this game!
  100. DominicB.
    Oct 5, 2006
    The first online shooter I bought and it's definatly the only one to play.

The game looks more beautiful than ever, with structures that feel weighty and solid and little visual touches throughout. The flash-bangs look fantastic.
  2. Valve has done a sterling job of moving a flagship franchise over to a new engine. Whilst the gameplay guts come over correct and intact, (which may disappoint some), Counter-Strike: Source is an even more engrossing and captivating experience, capable of sapping hours of your time, and even the worst "1337 g33zers" abusing voice chat can't spoil the fun you'll have with it.
  3. Counter-Strike: Source is, once you've gained a knack for it, the most consistently rewarding and surprising team-based shoot-'em-up available on the PC today. It's been dressed up nicely for its relaunch in 2004, but it wasn't broken, and Valve hasn't fixed it.